Qi de Yìshù - The Art of Qi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough! It's no worry, just a little fix. Otherwise I'm liking your style, especially the whole "just standard Qi Bolts" thing, very interesting decision! I'm gonna look at the others in a few minutes, sorry about this wait guys.

Hi, hello, I'm really really sorry! A lot's gone on so I only just got this done, I promise it isn't dead, very sorry! Here's my CS!

Fighter's Name: Kalea Kealoha
Fighter's Gender: Female
Fighter's Age: 25
Fighter's Nationality: Hawaiian
Fighter's Technique: Ahi 'Umoki – An ice-orientated style that work by flash-freezing the moisture in the air. It was created a few centuries ago by a Hawaiian native to combat against the many volcanoes Hawaii had; they were having frequent problems with their villages being destroyed by the lava flows. The young disciple focused his Qi into freezing the air's moisture to quickly create ice. He used this to overpower the lava and freeze it over.

After years the original disciple grew old, but naturally the volcanoes didn't stop. So the disciple decided to pass it down to another. This cycle continued, leading up to the young Kalea Kealoha learning the art of the Ahi 'Umoki. Though lava flows were a lot less common, Kalea was allowed to practice her technique inside the volcanoes. Even in the intense heat she would manage to harness the air's moisture and cool down the lava flows – Not enough to freeze it of course, but just long enough to turn it to stone. She practised in the volcano alongside a young man by the name of Diego Infuega; a Spanish-Hawaiian who used the Infuego Azul technique. The two developed a good-spirited rivalry with their training – Fire and ice competing to see which could do better. With this the two became friendly rivals.

Fighter's Move Pallet: [Flash-Freeze Barrier] Kalea creates a wall of ice in front of her – Depending on her QQ level the barrier can take more hits before shattering. It's more resilient to projectiles than melee attacks, though due to the ease of activation it can still be used quite well in each situation.

[Subzero Ice Punch] Kalea takes a second to charge up, then tears forward with a fist coated in thick ice. The initial punch is quite strong, and when it shatters the shards can create a hazard too.

[Subzero Ice Barrage] A higher level version of the Subzero Ice Punch, this time Kalea coats both of her fists in ice and rushes forward with a barrage of fists.

[Azure Comet Crash] Kalea leaps into the air and forms a large ice ball, which she kicks down at the opponent. The ball itself can cause a good amount of damage, but when it makes impact it also shatters into shards.

[Azure Falling Star] A technique similar to Diego's Infeugo Astrella, Kalea leaps into the air and coat herself in a very thick shell of ice – The coating increases her weight exponentially, causing her to quickly plummet to the ground and crash into a large spray of sharp ice shards.

Fighter Levels:
[Hau Fast Kine] At level two Kelea gains a barely visible icy mist around her body, and instead of running she skates along ice on her feet.

[Hau Mo'i]: At this level Kelea's aura is now clearly visible as an icy haze emitting from her body, and she skates along quickly-forming trails of ice when she moves.

Fighter's QQ: 1013

Fighter's physical description: Kalea is a little shorter than average, with jet black hair tied into a fairly long ponytail and a white kukui blossom in her hair. She has the skin colour one would expect from a Hawaiian local, and she's often seen in a light blue tracksuit.
Summary of personality: Kalea is a fairly cheerful young woman. She is quite calm though, and tries to think things through – Though she finds it difficult to pass up the opportunity for a friendly sparring match. She's fairly agreeable though, if a little naïve.
Fighter's Bio: Kalea was taught the art of Ahi 'Umoki at a fairly young age, being part of a long line of its users, who used to be powerful enough to freeze lava flows in a few moments. She's still a relative novice with her abilities though, but she doesn't get too disheartened by the no-doubt long road ahead.

During her teen years she met with Diego Infuega, a disciple of a different Qi technique – Whereas Kalea had the Ahi 'Umoki technique of ice, Diego had the Ahi 'Hakaka technique of fire. The two grew up training together in the nearby volcano, developing a friendly rivalry with one another; after all, fire and ice! They weren't always together – Diego's grandfather would often whisk him away to different places and train him alone, but the two met up often enough that Kalea considered him a good friend.

Kalea steadily honed her Ahi 'Umoki, to the point where she could cool down lava flows to stone in a matter of moments. Eventually her mentor relented and confessed that there was nothing more he could teach her, and that she had to take the next step on her training.

A pilgrimage to the God Fighter Tournament in Battle City.

Fighter's Goal: To hone her Ahi 'Umoki to the highest levels she can.

It is! Sorry about the pause, been trying to chase up someone who posted their CS and then immediately doubled back. Juliano was also approved, by the by.

Also, welcome aboard, Kalea is approved. Loving the established rivalry (which we discussed elsewhere naturally.)

Nobody else seems to be biting. But if it's all the same with you guys, with a bit of gratuitous NPC use I can probably still roll this thing into the IC.

Yeah, same! I'm sure more people might jump in as we go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.