Putting the EX in reconciliation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sinead's eyes blinked open. Was she dreaming? Had she fallen asleep without realising it and was now hearing Cicero with Tig's voice? She looked at him carefully as he recited to her. No, this was definitely real. Sinead was absolutely speechless until he had finished, and then she couldn't stop the giggles. "Well...I know why Kacey did nae let me in on tha' secret. She wanted ta keep tha' all fer herself!" It was really too perfect. "Yer definitely tha right people fer each other," she decided, patting him on the cheek. It was a bit clumsy, testament to the fact that she was falling asleep. "I'll nae tell yer secrets. Thank ye, Tiggy. I'll have good dreams now; at least this time."

Her eyes drifted closed again and she sighed, her face relaxing as she dozed back off until breakfast came around.

Tig sat and watched her a moment longer. After that, he made a call to the church from the pay phone downstairs and, knowing his friends were tired, had them drive him home.

Around noon, Tig walked up the stairs and into the apartment. "I'm home! Brought a couple friends!" he called, looking around as he made it into the apartment.

Jaska walked up behind him, smiling. "Hello, Mrs. O'Connor!" he called happily. "I hope you are not mind. Fedya and I are hungry and Tighearnan has promised to pay us in food for driving him around all morning."

Fedya yawned, limping up the stairs behind them. "I am also hope lovely pregnant woman is niet mind company." he said with a smile.

Cecelia poked her head around the corner, nose twitching. She giggled and turned back to Alexa, hugging onto her friend's side. "They smell like beets." she whispered excitedly. "Who are they?"

Kacey had been really, really trying not to be nervous about Tig's cryptic note, but couldn't stop herself from pacing distractedly around the apartment. The friends were a surprise, but since Tig had said he would make lunch, she supposed she didn't mind. Oh well, at least she was dressed, even though she was barefoot. She gave Tig a relieved, tired smile and waddled over to give him a kiss. "I don't mind, since he's cooking," she told the pair as she made her way over to them.

Alexa peeked too, although she recognised the voices. "They's Russian. Work in a speakeasy that a couple of my friends' dad owns. They're nice guys, I seen them around sometimes. Wanna go say hi?" she asked, taking Cecilia's paw. Mostly she wanted to check on Tig. She'd been almost as worried about him this week as Kacey had been, but she'd had to divide her time worrying for everyone. She was starting to look a little rundown, and Cecilia would hear the weariness creeping into her voice, as much as she tried to sound upbeat as she helped distract her friend from being away from her father and Sinead.

Fedya smirked. "If he is cooking, I may niet be eating. How are you doing, Miss Kacey?" he asked, holding a hand out to her to grip in greeting and maybe pull her into a careful hug. "O'Connor says you are about to pop! Is good, yes? So many friends having the babies."

The wolf looked over at the children as they came into view and smiled. "Hello, little Alexa!" he said, crouching so he didn't tower over the pair. "And you are have friend. Здравствуйте, new friend." he held his hand out to her, smiling. "Is pleasure to be meeting friend of good friend Alexa O'Connor."

She giggled and blushed, holding her hand out. "My name is Cecelia Nicoli. It is a pleasure to meet you as well.'

He shook her hand gently with a smile. "You are good friend of Alexa?"

She nodded happily. "Yes, sir." she said, gripping her friend's hand tightly. "You sound very handsome. Are you?"

He looked confused for a minute before grinning stupidly. "Da. Of course. I am the most handsome."

Tig accepted his wife's affection, holding her in a hug for a minute. He felt better. He really did. He returned her kiss, then kissed her forehead and headed off to the kitchen to make a big lunch for everyone.

"Hiya Jaska," she waved distractedly, still looking over at Tig. "Cecilia, this's Jaska. He's a wolf. Jaska, Cecilia's blin', but she's gots good ears an' a good nose. She says you guys smell like beets," she said, finally looking at him with an impish grin.

Kacey sighed and relaxed into the hug. She could feel the change in him, relaxed and willingly affectionate again. She smirked at Fedya. "He's actually very good, which is definitely a blessing while I have trouble moving around the kitchen," she answered his remark easily. "Please, make yourselves at home." With that, she waddled after her husband to find out what he'd been up to.

Jaska laughed. "Beets? Yes. Is tell-tale scent of Russian. Is right, Fedya, yes?"

"Hm? Is what right?"
"That all Russians smell like the beets?"

"Ah. Yes. Is very true." he walked over and crouched as well, knee popping as he did. "Oof. I am getting to old for this. Hello, little ones."

"This is Alexa's friend, Cecelia. Cecelia, this is my friend Fedya."

"Is always the pleasure to be meeting the beautiful girls." he said, shaking Cecelia's paw gently. "I am sorry we are niet smell better for you, Cecelia."

She giggled and blushed, shrugging. "It's alright. I like beets." She reached out, carefully touching Jaska's face to feel it out, then reached out for Fedya's. Both men obliged the girl quietly. "Woah...Mr. Fedya, you have a really big face..."

He chuckled. "Da. Is for eating little girls." He snapped his teeth, then took her hands, smiling. "Niet. I am Siberian tiger. We are very big people." He looked over. "Alexa, you have met Valentina, yes? She is very tall. We are big, hardy people."

Tig looked over at Kacey as she waddled into the kitchen. "I ah, went to Anastasia's last night...told Fedya and Jaska the jist of what was goin' on...actually, I dinnae really remember what I told 'em. But they promised tae ah...tae keep an eye on me...keep me from runnin' off an' doin' somethin' stupid. Drove me tae tha hospital an' I talked tae Sinead some, then called Father O'Malley an' asked him tae go talk tae 'er as well. I t'ink she's doin' better, though...but uh...later tadey sometime, I'll...need tae talk ta ya. Jes' you an' me...it's..." he shook his head. "It's nae important, but it is, but...jes' somethin' that's been weighin' on me an it's nae a...it's nae a problem wit us, jes' somethin' I shoulda told ye a while ago I guess."

Kacey sighed and hugged him tightly, squeezing her eyes shut. "Thank you..." she whispered. "I couldn't help but be worried...I'm glad you had some friends to help you. I feel so much better now, and I'm sure Alexa will too..." She looked up at him, still teary-eyed. "Did you go talk to Father O'Malley too? You know you can tell me anything."

Alexa nodded. "Yeah, she's nice." She turned to Cecilia and said, "Valentina owns tha building Emily an' Pyotr live in. I think Millya said she an' Fedya's brother an' sister..." She couldn't help her eyes going to the kitchen door, though, desperately wanting to go check on him.

Fedya nodded. "Da. We are have same father. I am have to chase them all across America to here to finally meet her. Is very ah...romantic story only with no romance?"

Jaska laughed. "Is heroic story, I am think. Now are have good family and are happy."

"Da. Very happy." he smiled at Cecelia.

The girl sensed her friend's anxiousness and let go of her hand. She smiled at her friend, then held her hand out to the men in front of her. "Can you tell me the story?"

He thought a minute, then shrugged and took her hand. "Da. I am tell you story."

Tig shook his head. "No. I didn't want to keep those two up longer than I needed to, since they worked last night and haven't slept. I'll go an' talk ta 'im tomorrow." He kissed her forehead. "I'm sorry I worried ya. where's Alexa?"

As soon as Cecilia released her hand, Alexa sprinted into the kitchen and crawled up Tig's back, wrapping her arms around his neck and burying her face into his shoulder. She didn't say anything, just clung to him tightly.

Kacey smirked softly. "Well, there's your answer..." She sighed and rested her cheek against his chest for a moment before pushing away. "I'll let you two talk while you make lunch. If both of us hang off of you, we'll all starve," she said with a soft laugh, wandering off to see the pair he'd brought in with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.