Push or Jump...

C

CrypticWriter

Original poster
Basic Plot

There are special people in this world. We don't ask to be special; We're just born this way. We pass you on the streets every day, unnoticed by most. It started in 1945. The Nazis were conducting experiments in psychic warfare, trying to turn those with psychic abilities into soldiers. Lots of us died. The war ended, but the experiments never stopped. Other governments around the world set up what they called "divisions", trying to do what the Nazis couldn't, to turn us into weapons. The Division agents are trained to track and hunt us down like animals. Take us away from our families and friends. They test us and categorize us. In divisions' eyes, we're all just lab rats. No one has ever survived the drug meant to boost our powers.

It's been fifty-seven years since the head of Division has been taken out. Most of our kind scattered to different places around the world, laying low. Some chose to build families and settle down while others kept themselves on the move, just as our ancestors had done. Many await the day when those men-in-black will burst through their doors to capture them.

Well, that day has come.

Type of Superhumans:
- Watchers:
Watchers have the ability to foresee the future to varying degrees. As knowledge of the future invariably causes that future to change, Watchers' visions of the future in their direct sphere of influence are subject to frequent shifting. Watchers' visions are like a sense of deja vu. Watchers can get visions at will. Drinking alcoholic beverages can temporarily enhance a Watcher's abilities.

- Movers:
Movers are powerful telekinetics who are trained to identify the specific atomic frequency of a given material and alter the gravitational field around it, usually causing the nearby air to appear warped. This allows them to move both animate and inanimate objects. Advanced Movers can work at the molecular level, creating energy shields in the air around them or create power fists and kicks, a strike that delivers three times the power of a normal punch.

- Pushers:
Pushers have the ability to implant memories, thoughts and emotions into the minds of other people in order to manipulate them. The skill level of the Pusher determines how many people the Pusher is able to control at one time, and how vivid the implanted memories are. A powerful Pusher can push a large group of people at the same time, basically creating a personal army. A Pusher is able to make a person do anything the Pusher desires, even commit suicide. A Pusher's eyes indicate how powerful they are: their pupils will dilate to certain degrees depending on how powerful the push is.

- Bleeders:
Bleeders have the ability to emit high-pitched sonic vibrations that cause ruptures in a target's blood vessels. While using this ability, their pupils turn into vertical slits, like a snake's, because of synthetic materials implanted in them to protect the blood vessels from the effects of their own ability. They are also sometimes known as Screechers or Screamers.

- Sniffs:
Sniffs are highly developed psychometrics who can track the location of people or objects over varying distances. Like bloodhounds, their ability is increased if they have tactile access to an object that has been in direct contact with the subject. Sniffs receive information in the form of images, which is why identifiable landmarks help increase their effectiveness.

- Shifters:
Shifters can temporarily alter the appearance of an object by manipulating patterns of light interacting with it. Once the illusion is established, it remains with the object for a short period of time. For example, a Shifter could touch a one dollar bill and alter it to appear as a one hundred dollar bill until the effect expires. The object shifted must have roughly the same dimensions as the object it is shifted into. The length of time that the effect will last is based on the Shifter's experience.

- Wipers:
Wipers are skilled at either temporarily or permanently erasing memories, an invaluable asset in espionage. Experience will dictate the accuracy of their wipes, though there is always the danger that they will eliminate a desired memory. Wipers need to be in contact with the person(s) they choose to wipe.

- Shaders:
Shadows are trained to block the vision of other clairvoyants, such as Sniffs, making any subject within their target radius appear "dark". Experience will enhance the size of the area they can shadow and the intensity of their shielding effect. Shadows need to be awake to manifest their ability, so it is common for a detail of two Shadows to operate in shifts while protecting a person or object for extended periods. Most Shadows are effective only against Sniffs, but some extremely powerful Shadows are able to block even Watchers.

- Stitches:
Stitches are psychic surgeons trained to quickly reconstruct cells to their previous or healthy state. Using only their hands, they can heal and even un-heal whatever they have done. They must be in contact with the person in order to use their powers. For more detailed work, Stitches use a silver-based cream on their hands which acts as a conductor for their ability.

- Jumper:
Jumpers are people who can Teleport, anywhere with just a simple thought.​

Rules of the RP:

1. Most importantly, Have as much fun as you can. :D

2. DO NOT Godmod, metagame or autohit. Do it and see how long you last in the RP.

3. You do not need to know anything about the movies, just follow along in the RP and make sure you get the plot.

4. I want a lot of action in this RP. So if action isn't your thing, don't join.

5. Romance is encouraged in the RP.

6. Put either "Push" or "Jump" in your Character Skeleton so that I know you read the rules.

7. I will allow you to have up to two characters in the RP.

8. Only one people per ability. (For instance, if John Doe chooses Stitcher then Jane Doe CANNOT choose Stitcher.)

9. Everyone needs to get along. We are all adults here, have a problem with someone, solve it.

10. I will take a three day reservation.

11. If you don't post for a minimum of three days, either let me know what the deal is or you will be removed, instantly.

12. Please be able to post at least a paragraph.

Character Skeleton:

Name:

Sexual Orientation:

Appearance(Pics and a brief description):

Ability:

Skills:

Personality:

Bio:

Other:

I've never heard of this movie, but the plot is interesting..
I'm sorry you haven't felt as if your rps are getting attention, but with such a huge site like Iwaku, it's easy to get overlooked, especially with fan-based rps. I prefer original ideas myself as well, but seeing as you don't require prior knowledge, I think this would be fun.
I'd be glad to join this, but forewarning; if the rp gets too crowded or fast, I tend to lose interest.
Let me know if you plan to stick around and I'll make up a character sheet. :)

It sounds cool! I haven't seen the movies, but why not! So I'm a bit confused on what the Experiments have had done to them...so like have they been splicing DNA, or have they been giving them enhancements or something along those lines?
I'm happy to join, and I like to discuss things...lets just say id wait for a while for an RP! XD
Later

Yay! People. LOL.

I plan to stick around.

And yes, if you clicked in the spoiler, you'll see the enhancements.

Mayhem, I believe the experiment premise is based on the scientific experiments that took place during WWII. They liked to test the psychic abilities of twins in particular, if I remember correctly; cutting one twin to see if the other felt it and so on.. Am I correct in this assumption, Crypt?

No twins involved. Just a single human being.

But this is Modern, think about that, meaning the abilities have passed down for generations since then but also keep in mind that it does skip few generations as well. So your character won't be as powerful unless their parents, or one of them had the enhancements.

Make sense?

Mover
Name: Lilian Rose

Sexual Orientation: Pansexual (means she will date anyone regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, etc.)

Appearance(Pics and a brief description): (will put up when my wifi is back on)

Ability: 2nd generation mover

Skills: Excellent marksmen with long ranged rifles. Prefers a .22 lever action browning.

Personality: Bubbly and outgoing, very hyperactive, can get along with anyone.

Bio: Lilian was raised by her father, who escaped from a division facility. It wasn't easy, but he managed to escape. After years of hiding, he married a woman, who just so happened to be a mover as well. The two ran around the world, hiding from division. Eventually, they had a child, and Lilian was born. Life was not easy for her. She had to move every year, sometimes even in a few months. And it was worse when her mother died. Division had caught up and Lilian's mother sacrificed her life to save her husband and child. That was when Lilian was only 13. When she turned 18, her father disappeared without a trace. Leaving her only cash and an old photo of the three of them together.

Her dad had taught her many things. One, was how to use her abilities well. The other was how to use a rifle. She used these skills to hide from division, hoping one day to meet up with her father. It's been 6 years and she hasn't had much luck.

Other:

Jumper
Name:

Sexual Orientation:

Ability:

Skills:

Personality:

Bio:

Other:

Working on these. Just wanted to reserve the spots.

FINISHED
Name: Selim Nox

Sexual Orientation: Pansexual, strictly dominant.

Appearance:
1ze82gn.jpg

Tired of being mistaken for his brother, Selim began to work out and built his body into a more muscular appearance as well as dying bits of his hair in his two favorite colors, blue and green. He usually sticks to nicer clothes such as button-ups and expensive jeans and is rarely seen without his sunglasses, which he uses to disguise his abilities. He stands at 6'1" and is 183lbs.

Ability: Pusher; able to control up to seven people at once.

Skills: Besides his skills as a pusher, Selim's become quite charming and manipulative over the years, used to getting his own way. He also has a rudimentary knowledge of several martial arts, including Judo and Akido; weaponless combat. His ego makes it such that he feels he should be able to take care of himself no matter the situation without any tools, unlike his brother.

Personality: Superior and manipulative, he feels as though most people are nothing but pawn for him to toy with. He's callous and often downright rude, unless he wants something. Also aloof and secretive, he keeps to himself until he finds a use for a specific person, and really only confides in his twin brother, Miles.

Bio: Being twins, it was easier for the Nox brothers to have someone who understood them growing up, but this also made them pull away from others, making them seem more like loners. As small children, their parents realized their powers pretty quickly and knew it'd be harder to protect their boys and themselves if it was known the children also developed their powers. Their father, the Pusher, used his abilities to make the boys forget he and his wife and the fact that they even had powers before they left them with an orphanage and disappeared once more. For all their efforts, the boys re-discovered their powers at age 6 when Selim protected Miles from a bully with a push and later they experimented to see if Miles could do the same, but found his powers were different. They finished school at the orphanage basically without a hitch, Selim pushing everyone to forget they ever saw them using their powers. Coming home from school one day, they found the orphanage had been ransacked and learned from the other kids that they were being looked for. Taking nothing, they ran away and have been on the run ever since, learning to fight and use weapons along the way, running into only a few Division agents every couple of months.

Name: Miles Nox

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual, switch.

Appearance:
ogmb60.jpg

Of slighter build than his brother and never dyes his dark brown hair, he tries to remain inconspicuous to those who may want to single them out for being different. He sometimes even wears colored contacts so the bright hazel of his eyes don't attract attention. He's never gotten Selim to agree to any level of concealment. Standing at 6'1" like his brother and weighs about 162lbs.

Ability: Shifter, usually under his brother's coercion. He rarely uses his abilities for any personal gain.

Skills: Seeing as his ability can only manipulate what people see, and not what they feel, like his brother, he took to practicing with firearms to give him a leg-up over enemies. He never shoots to kill, only to prevent them from being followed or captured. Selim taught him a bit of hand-to-hand, but he's much more comfortable with a gun in his hand.

Personality: Not as abrasive as his brother, Miles can be quite sweet in comparison and is often helpful to others with abilities like theirs when asked. He's usually shy, for lack of social interaction, but once he gets to know someone, he can be a bit of a chatterbox. He's very loyal to those he considers close and wouldn't hesitate to die for a loved one.

Bio: [See Selim's Bio]

Alright no problem.

I claim Wiper and Watcher then.

Is it okay if I reserve Shader and Sniffs? And I understand now! XD Tablet refused to show me the link! Stupid technology...

ill post them up later today! Is that okay?

Sniff

Name: Gabriel Loprez

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual (I believe this is the term...forgive me if it is not!)

Appearance(Pics and a brief description): (see attachment for appearance! Drawing it is the only way to portray some characters!) he is around six foot three, and has a muscular, yet lean build! His golden yellow hair is so long, as it has never been cut. Okay, just look at the picture, I think that explains most of it!

Ability: Sniff

Skills: An extremely gifted artist. Gabriel can recreate nearly anything he see's, but has a funny way of giving it his own cheerful- optimistic twist on what he's drawing. Additionally, he can cook very...intriguing dishes of food! Varying from spiced lemon rinds, to red bean paste ice cream.

Personality: Happy go lucky, and unbelievably carefree about life in general. Gabriel is so loving, and cheerful that it can shock people! He Has an optimistic edge that can really puzzle others even in the most dire of situations- he will be laughing!

Bio:

Other:

still working upon these! I'll update them soon!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1
Name:
Chance Saunders.

Sexual Orientation:
Bisexual.

first_realistic_painting_kinda_fail__xd_by_temaruu_nara-d5an6l4.png

Chance is five foot eight, his hair is cut and raven colored. His eyes are an icy blue color. His skin is kind of pale.

Ability:
Wiper. Even though he can wipe away people's memories, he can also read their minds.

Skills:
Is a great dancer, use to be part of a street crew.

Personality:
He is quiet, shy. Won't talk to you unless you talk to him first.

Bio:
Chance grew up in an orphanage, where he had three brothers and two sisters, but none of them were like him. People tell him that his parents were killed in a fatal car crash but no one knows the real story. Chance didn't know of his ability until he was about three years of age, him and his foster mother was arguing and moments later, she didn't even know that she was arguing with him or what was it about. From that day on, he questioned himself on what had happen. He didn't know who to tell or what to do. It wasn't until he was the age of twelve, people came to the house looking for him, they were dressed in all black with white collared up shirts and black tie, but before his foster mother could even get ahold of him, he had escaped through the back woods of the house. But there were people waiting for him on the other side. It was a family and they smiled when they seen him, so they took him in as their own. He lived with them, went to school but got expelled for fighting some kids that were bully him. From that day on, he was home-schooled, taught many things, learned from his mistakes. When he was walking down the streets one day, he heard the bumping of music, something he has never heard before as he went over and saw their style, he wanted to learn. So Master DeRay took him under his wing and showed him how to survive on the streets, along with getting what you want, how you want it. Skipping a few years now, he is twenty-three years of age, he lives in an apartment complex by himself and hopes that the people that were looking for him, never, ever come back again.

Other:
N/A.​

Name:
Corey Stephens.

Sexual Orientation:
Homosexual.

6213_view.jpg

His height is six foot flat, weighs about one hundred and sixty pounds. His hair is shoulder length, blonde. Eyes are an emerald green color.

Ability:
2nd Generation Watcher.

Skills:
Can foretell the fortune for the next day. Is a skilled artist, sometimes he even draws what he sees in his paintings. Knows German fluently.

Personality:
Is bold, courageous and very outgoing.

Bio:
His Father worked for the Division and he was a pusher, his mother was a watcher. They met when the first cycle of capturing began, in the mid seventies. His father left the Division and his mother escaped from the premises, that was when they set flight to Germany, where they lived for awhile and gave birth to a baby boy in the year of nineteen eighty-seven. His mother knew that he was born a watcher. Corey spent almost his whole life in Germany, but some tragicially happened to him. The death of his mother, which he witnessed and saw coming but couldn't stop it since he was only a toddler, two years of age. His Father was back with Division, for good it may have seemed like. Corey was only two years of age, he had nowhere to go, no one to trust. But the next day, Division came back for him and took him with them. In the lab, they taught him how to control and track down others like him. He stayed in the for a few years, that is where he learned how to draw what he saw in his visions, his father sent him to the local German school, where he graduated from at the age of seventeen. He then came back to the United States, where he went to the university of NYC, majoring in medicine, earning his degree a few years later, at the age of twenty-three. He is now a doctor's assistant and stays in an apartment, just outside of Manhattan. He knows that Division is coming for him and others like him. And this time, he'll be ready.
Other:
Is trained in Martial Arts.​

Your bios are coming along nicely. Keep it up. :D

i saw the movie and i loved it so im deffinitally intrested in doing the rp, ill have mines up in a little bit

Take your time but the only thing available is Bleeder and Shifter. :D

I was thinking of switching my Stitcher power for the Shifter.. I just can't really grasp his storyline as a Sticher..

Okies Phariah. No problem.

And Due to the site being down today/night, I'm extending the reservations. :D

So now the only thing available is Stitcher and Bleeder.

Alright everyone, today is the deadline to have your bios in.

Either have them in or you are out. Will I allow you to come back? Of course.

So please get your bios in, if I don't do this roleplay I will literally cry. D': NOT!!

@Mayhemhousr and @ De'vil you guys have had more than enough time to get your bios in. I never had to do this before but I'm sorry you guys are out. D: Now, I will allow you guys to come back to the roleplay but if you don't want to then it was nice knowing ya'.