FOLKLORE MEMBER
Genres
Fantasy Romance, Scifi
7a56b05cd9b1c0f290930f042e2b942c.png

~ Sign-Ups ~

sample_6c95de09e3efc71472381418c6949655a649d2cf.jpg

Lore | Sign-Ups | IC
~ Link to Discord ~

"And by decree, should any individual seek tutelage for the sake of improving themselves and furthering their understanding of the world, no living being has any authority to deny them the right of curiosity. For curiosity is wonderous thing, and to eradicate it would befall a terrible tragedy to man-kind. It is what separates us from the beasts of the earth and the fowl of the air, the embers of the fire, and the fish of the seas. If all of Tel'Ruda is connected through mana, then those with curiosity are the will of the world." ~ Markus Dezan, the Sage King 2XX EP

~ Rules ~

1) All Iwaku Rules apply
2) Me and My Co-GMs(When established) reserve the right to nerf or buff as needed. If you make an overpowered ability, do not be upset when we ask for it to be changed
3) Posting expectations are one post a week and that one post is expected to be at least 1-2 well written paragraphs. More is always fine, but please refrain from 1-liners
4) No Godmodding or the like
5) You are allowed to have 2 characters. For right now, that will be the maximum per player
6) If you have to leave for any reason, or you are going to be inactive, please let me know. Life can be stressful and filled with BS at times, so let us know.
7) If you want something to happen to your character as a plot point or part of their character development, please send me a message explaining what you want to happen. I want everyone's characters to have equal amounts of screen time and attention. All I ask is that you don't force your character's development/a plot point for them into the RP.
8) Yes I did steal some of these rules from Jessica2477, if you read these please write "Thanks Jess!" in the Extras tab of your sheet

~ CS Template ~

(Image of Character here)

~ General Info ~

Name:
Race: (Pretty much any fantasy race. If it is somewhat uncommon or you're unsure, let me know)
Magic Source: (Info on Magic can be found
here)

~ Biography ~

Personality:
(A brief description of how your character acts)

History:
(A longer description of how your character came to wish to study magic in the first place)

~ Magic ~

(How does your character use magic? Remember that each Source of Magic acts differently. i.e. an Artificer typically doesn't practice spellcasting and relies solely on their inventions, or a wizard is likely less powerful than a sorcerer, but far more versatile in their abilities)

~ Extra ~
This section is more freeform, typically involving more meta information such as Theme Song, Alternate outfits, Voice Actor, who the Face Claim is etc. Feel free to add anything you want to here. Extra info is not required but never a bad thing.

NOTE: CS's will be looked at thoroughly and if something is not up to par I may ask for changes to be made before accepting.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: marcy and Astros
Just out of curiosity, are you leaning more toward face-claims for the character appearances or artwork/anime?

Alright great. I gave it a once over and saw something about faceclaims, so I was kinda curious since I'm not particularly partial to them lol. I'll get to work on a C.S ASAP.

dia name 3.png
Nidhogg Aeo Tiamat Rakshasi Morgana Yzhor Abraxas Diastraea21.png
neferpitou dia.png
"I have witnessed countless wars, and the unceasing death of family and friends. I am a sage and archivist. And I am the mother of the Rakshasa, and progenitor of all Beastkin. You should bow in respect of me. Or better yet, fear me. ~ mnya"

• ~ General Info ~
    "A greeting? I am a busy cat, but I suppose I shall spare you the time, if you make it worth my while~ nyar~""

Name:
    Diastraea Diadem Silvergalia
    Full Past Name: Nidhogg Aeo Tiamat Rakshasi Morgana Yzhor Abraxas Diastraea
    Race: Rakshasa "Whiskerkin"
    Magic Source: Wizardry, Sorcery, Worldsong

• ~ Biography ~
    "Show me your eternal gratitude in your next life! For you are about to learn one of the greatest mysteries of this world! -Mysteries are what all lifeforms seek! That is called 'the Truth'! Yep, nya!"

Personality:
    Resourceful and thoughtful, Dia tends to think things through. But her view is skewed by the darkness of the world. She's long since overcome her naivety, and tends to do things selfishly now. If she helps others, it is either for pragmatic reasons, or out of her own personal desire to save someone, but rarely will it be due to something as nebulous as "morality" or anything. Due to darker happenings in her lives, she has more or less closed off her heart. Her emotions tend to be worn on her sleeve, but she doesn't much care, having long since stopped caring how others view her. Still, when her heart skips a beat, she is surprised, and will act in a flustered, shy state.

Dia isn't open, but she isn't tight-lipped either. She has no issues with expressing herself, so she wouldn't be called an introvert, but she most likely won't go out of her way to engage either. Unless it is beneficial for some reason. None of this is to say, that Dia uses her head with things. She acts primarily out of her own emotional desires, anytime she thinks things through is after her course of action has already been taken.

Dia has an unquenchable curiosity that permeates her very being. She perhaps was born as an 'entity of curiosity'. This leads her to actively seek out new information and unique stories. But above all, magic. Knowing this can make Dia predictable. But in her pursuit of what she desires, she will not back off, which can make her take on a dangerous and intimidating demeanor. Her current appearance can lead to underestimating her.

History:
    Diastraea was born long long ago, near the beginning of the world, under an entirely different name. One that has long since been lost to history. That name was Aeo or perhaps Nidhogg, it is hard to know which. Since then her name has grown with each life. Nidhogg Aeo Tiamat Rakshasi Morgana Yzhor Abraxas. Her current life has the name Diastraea, which will add onto her ever-growing name.

Diastraea is a traveling sage who desires the aggregate understanding of everything, to complete knowledge of "all magic", and to "unravel all mysteries" of this world. She is a warlock that has reincarnated since ancient times. Actually, she probably first lived as some powerful magical creature, who was mutated straight out of the world's mana, before being reborn as a sentient being.

Early on in her existence, she was born with features outside those of a human. And could only be best described as beastly or monstrous. Probably due to the very nature she possessed as a being. Needless to say, she shocked her parents, but back then the world was not as developed, so it didn't really upend her life. Her parents weren't sure what they gave birth to, but gave the babe as much love as they could while raising her. Luckily she was female in this life. At some point, when she was an adult, she birthed a child. This child looked similar to her. This was the beginning of the race known as Rakshasa. Which were the very first Beastkin; the ancestors to the modern Beastkin. In her current life as Diastraea she is what is known as a Whiskerkin. A much diluted feline-like race descended from the Rakshasa. Born in the modern land of Andii.

Currently, Diastraea lives her life studying all forms of magic. She adds what she learns into the 9 Vides. Which is a collective epic work that she has kept from the ancient times. The Vides are a series of "divine" works that have the knowledge of the world written down within them. Though their existence is a myth. But even so, the 9 Vides are Rigvide, Yajurvide, Samavide, Atharvavide, Aranyakavide, Samahitavide, Brahmanavide, Upanishavide, Upasanasvide. In this regard, Diastraea's primary profession is that of an author and historian. Each Vide governs something different within its pages.

Rigvide describes mantras and benedictions possessed by the people of the world.
    Yajurvide is a text on rituals, sacrifices, and ceremonies. And is an exhaustive textbook of all kinds of medical practices, medicines, surgeries, and the like.
    Samavide discusses meditation, philosophy, and spiritual concepts.
    Atharvavide is a collective bible featuring the scriptures of worship of various gods the various religions of the world has spoken about.
    Aranyakavide is an encyclopedia of the races that come and go of the world, and their various conflicts or cooperations with each other. And a bestiary of the monsters or other magical entities of the world.
    Samahitavide is a text of questions about the origin of the universe, the world, and the nature of the divine, among other metaphysical issues.
    Brahmanavide is a comprehensive composition of music, song, melody, and dance tradition, and music theme and theory.
    Upanishavide is a documentation on societies, traditions, schooling, funerals, and marriage. And war, and combat, as well as, physical arts and training. It also details construction, architecture, and other various means to create.
    Upasanasvide is an exhaustive collection about magic, the magic sources, magic spells, famous warlocks, wizards, magicians, their pupils, and anyone else who is notable who practices magic.

Diastraea's own personal magic tome, Ramayahabharata, is a magic spellbook written as the longest poem in existence. This is due to the fact she continues to add spells to it she learns in each life, adding upon the existing work with new verse after new verse; with each new verse being a spell. Despite being a spellbook it is written as a teaching of an ancient war she witnessed, interspersed with philosophical elements, using narrative allegory. It is considered the 10th Vide.

Prior to each time Diastraea perishes, she seals away each of her Vides in various, hidden locations out in the world. To keep them safe, and out of the hands of the people of the world. Then she must find them once again each life. Diastraea has a magical connection that draws her to Ramayahabharata, where it is always sealed in her grave. Each life, Diastraea forgets a vast deal from her previous life, which effectively "nerfs" her to a much weaker version of herself. Her magical knowledge is at best instinctual and subconscious. Until she receives Ramayahabharata anyway. At which point, she will gradually gain her previous strength due to extensive study of her own spellbook.

The current Diastraea had decided to study Worldsong heavily. Up until now, she has put it off, waiting till "the appropriate time" to unearth the world's mysteries. This is that time, so she has decided to mostly use her "instinctual" wizardry as she extensively researches Worldsong. She regrets putting Worldsong off this long, wishing to know more about this magical source.

• ~ Magic ~
    "Ah, the inner workings of my very being, you ask? Not many know them. Heh, I am a founding creature of this world, with a power so unimaginable you cannot grasp it! Just know, I am a reincarnating sage of eras long past. Nyyahrr~"

Unique Sorcery: Constellation Soul
    Dia's unique sorcery that spawned out of her massive mana reserve fusing with the core of her soul.
    She possesses an incredibly "large" and powerful soul. Upon death it will seek out a newly formed lifeform (fetus/babe), so to speak, and will eventually be reborn.
    This sorcery grants Diastraea a number of powerful abilities.
    Her soul is "written" like magic. The writing that makes up her soul appears as a cluster of 9 constellations.

First and Foremost: 9 Strata Soul
    At death, her soul shatters into 9 constellations, discharging to various corners of the world. These constellations attach to the mana of the world, then actively seek one another out. When Vein 1 and Vein 3 reunite, Diastraea will reincarnate; a babe just about born will acquire her soul before birth. Her soul constellations can be acquired by various means (some nefarious) and can grant great magical power akin to pact magic. If such happens, Dia will not reunite her soul veins until that part of her soul is freed.

Each time she dies and reincarnates, Diastraea forgets most of her previous knowledge (about 85%). She relies on her instinctual and subconscious decision of how to make use of her magic. She must find her personal tome and her Vides to regain her previous knowledge.

And to regain her full powers and magic and memories, she must actively seek out her fragmented soul parts and reunite with them.

The Constellations are also called "Veins" of her soul. Connected together similar to mana and leylines.
    The various sorceries she has access to are.

• Vein 1 "Prosperity": A constellation depicting an entity gaining fortune. Active sorcery of her reincarnation cycle, and the congregate "self" of Diastraea that retains its ego.
    • Vein 2 "Impartial Lovers": A constellation of polyamory lovers. Sorcery that evokes magnetic reuniting to the rest of the constellations upon separation after death.
    • Vein 3 "Dorado": A constellation depicting a golden city. It is a massive pool of mana within her soul.
    • Vein 4 "Prometheus": A constellation depicting a man ensnared by powerful chains. Sorcery that allows Diastraea to rapidly-cast magic, even negating some vocal callouts or other such things. Often called "chain casting".
    • Vein 5 "Tiamat Major": A constellation of a feminine chimeric being with many monstrous parts. Sorcery that consolidates all bestial or other racial features outside of the "dominant races" (humans, dwarves, elves), granting increased magical strength to these bestial features.
    • Vein 6 "Zealous Polaris": A constellation depicting a grand star shooting forward. A sorcery that gathers power into the legs, allowing a mystical leap akin to teleporting.
    • Vein 7 "Hydra": A constellation depicting a wicked multi-headed beast. Sorcery that governs Diastraea's ability for magic, allowing her adapt to, better use, and quickly understand the elements of magic. Allows Dia to make use of her current body's mana to use magic outside of sorcery.
    • Vein 8 "White-Black Nimbus": A constellation of a cloud in yin-yang. Sorcery that allows Diastraea to expend some of her soul as a defensive forcefield to protect her physical body against damage. This sorcery will deal soul-damage to her, which can still lead to death, but Dia's soul is so "big" and strong it may be better to take soul-damage over physical damage.
    • Vein 9 "Lightform Forge": A constellation depicting a sword, lance, and axe enwreathed by light. Sorcery that releases spiritual-energy from her soul to envelop her weapon in a powerful aura that grants more power in her attack.

Diastraea currently has
    Veins 1, 2, 6, 7, and 8.

Weakness / Issues
    Her sorcery seems to be based on the whole cats have "9 lives" thing. Though going by her lives lived, she may be relatively close to her reincarnation life cycle.

Definitely does NOT know everything. Her primary weakness is the lifespan of whatever she reincarnates into, so anywhere between 20-80ish years depending. It would be incredibly difficult to learn "everything" and write all of it down in that span of time before she perishes. And she doesn't reincarnate immediately; she has to wait for the fragments of her soul to reunite. And there have been times when people have found her fragments and used them for themselves, so she has NOT been alive unceasingly. She's only reborn every so often and is reborn lacking a lot of previous knowledge, then only has the years shes alive to learn and write stuff down.

Amassed Wizardy
    Diastraea's primary magic. Retaining subconscious knowledge of her study of magic, she is good at magics dealing with Earth, Wind, Water, Fire, and Nether. Though it tends to be rudimentary and simplified, due to her loss of knowledge upon reincarnating.

Diagram of Dia's magical capabilities.
    ElementalAffinitychart dia2.jpg

• ~ About ~
    "Oh, you wish to know more about me? ~Mnya. Heeh hee, very well. Good choice! I shall reward your curiosity~!"

Her goal is to "learn everything about this world". Magic and all. Decipher and unravel the mysteries of this world.

She seems to be an "immortal" being. So long as the 9 constellations of her soul reunite she will reincarnate.

Dia is proficient in physical combat using the sword, lance, bow, daggers, and hand-to-hand.

Dia is a skilled musician.

Dia's primary profession is that of an author, scribe, and archivist.

~ Extra ~
    Alternate Look
    neferpitou dia2.png neferpitou dia1.png

Theme Song: ?
    Voice:
    Face Claim: Neferpitou

Last edited:
Appearance

QBevcM8.png

Name: Khalid Abbar
Race: Sentient Golem
Magic Source: Sorcery
Eye Color: Greyish-blue, lacking pupils.

Biography

Personality:
Khalid is relatively optimistic, if withdrawn. He views much of the world through eyes of childish wonder, and rarely stops to think of the possible downsides to his actions. He rarely loses his temper, even more so now that his ego has been essentially stuck in a hunk of rock. He prefers to spend his time making or keeping up with friends, and has a hard time ignoring others in need. Since his "reincarnation" to a golem, he's lost much of his depth of expression, something that deeply mortifies him.

He rarely chooses to speak out about his past, part in recognition of the fact that his age is long gone, and part in fear that an investigation launched into his nature might show him to be nothing more than an echo of the person he remembers being. His greatest fear is that he isn't who he believes himself to be, and he uses his optimism and friendliness to distract himself from thinking about the possibility.

He thoroughly enjoys interacting with others, and often has no qualms in walking up to someone and starting a conversation. He doesn't much care about any persecution he is on the receiving end of, viewing the persecutors as simply those that he's yet to get to know. And get to know them, he will, especially if given a chance to exercise his childish love for startling people with his new plasticity of form.

History:
Khalid's recollections begin as a child in a small country near where the Desqmit Badlands now lie. He grew up a normal city boy, eventually enrolling in the nation's army on his 16th birthday. After a year and a half of service, a war broke out with a large, neighboring country. For the next half a year, Khalid fought in battle after battle. Despite his survival, his merits also left him as little more than front-line fodder. One day, he found himself between a company of wizards from his country and a company of wizards from the neighboring company. The power of his nations wizards ultimately carried the day, but Khalid found himself an unfortunate casualty in a battle who's heroes would become legends.

Centuries later, an artificer was working on the ultimate servant. He sought to use his mastery of both wizardry and artifice together with materials from where three ley lines converged to create a golem of unmatched power. Unfortunately for him, but fortunately for Khalid, the materials he used contained a portion of Khalid's ego, long forgotten in the dust and sand of the badlands. The artificer succeeded in creating his golem, only to find that the servant had somehow become unresponsive to commands.

Disgusted by the results of the failure, the artificer discarded the failed prototype, dumping him in the sands outside of his workshop. Khalid spent the next six months finding peace in his new, non-human shell, and eventually was able to construct a shell with a passing resemblance to his old body. New shell in hand, he wandered his way to the city he'd once lived in, only to find heavily-weathered ruins remaining. He remained there for four months, before a caravan of traders happened upon the ruins.

He spent another six months travelling with the traders, slowly growing more and more familiar with his new form. During this time, one of them mentioned the magic academy in Fenring, and Khalid decided on his course. After all, he'd witnessed the power of magic first-hand before his death. The magnitude of power displayed had been something of wonder to his eyes, even if it had been the source of his demise.

Magic

Sorcery: Golem Body

Body Component 1; Golem Core:
Khalid's "body" is a small, three-inch-diameter sphere where his mana collects itself. The core houses his consciousness, and shattering it would be the surest way to end him. If he begins to run low on mana, the core automatically goes into a standby mode until sufficient mana stores have been recovered to avoid danger. This standby mode can also be entered voluntarily to slightly boost mana recovery without sacrificing the more fragile bits of his current shell. Because he is no longer technically living, he no longer has any need to eat or sleep, although he can choose to do either, with his standby mode replacing sleep. He also no longer has a need to breath, and his core is extremely susceptible to acids.

Body Component 2; Extrasensory Perception
Khalid's senses no longer operate using the conventional sensory organs most living creatures posses. As a result, he's adapted to use mana under his control to "scout" the area around him. While this allows him to both see and hear, he cannot smell, taste, or feel. He's able to use this mana to get a rough idea of where his shell is and how much damage it has undergone, but does not feel any sensation from the shell touching anything. This can lead to mishandling fragile objects, and overly-forceful interaction with items in general.

The process behind this perception also comes with two major drawbacks. First, he cannot perceive color. He can perceive the existence and shape of objects, but not color or texture. This is somewhat offset by an ability to see large differences in temperature. Second, and potentially more fatal, he lacks the ability to see anything at all in areas warded from outside magic, and lacks any ability whatsoever to do so himself without completely cutting off his senses beyond the point of the ward.

Body Component 3; Incorporation
Khalid's mana possesses a property that turns it into a highly-efficient collecting agent. He can choose to infuse his mana into any object he can sense in order to incorporate it into his current shell. The further from him the object is, the more difficult and mana intensive this becomes. The same limitations apply to items as they become more complex, and he must be able to overwhelm the mana currently present in any items with magical effects present. While such items are present in his body, however, he can choose whether or not to allow them to be active at any given moment. He also cannot incorporate any form of currently-living biological matter, although he can incorporate dead tissues. He prefers not to, as they tend to quickly rot away.

He can also reshape materials to create new surfaces and shapes, and can even blend them together to form new materials, although the last option is difficult and mana intensive. His most common reason for doing so is to sustain the near-perfect reconstruction of his body from when he was previously alive.

Body Component 4; Mass Offset
Khalid's mana also allows him to compress excess mass into his core, albeit with three major downsides. First, it takes more mana to compress the object than it would to simply incorporate it into his body. Second, any complex or magical items put under the effect become non-operational upon decompression. Third, decompressing and compressing mass takes several seconds, making the technique useless during combat.

Extra
Art found here

Theme song:

Edit: Thanks Jess!

Last edited:

Konachan.com%20-%20286262%20all_male%20fate_grand_order%20fate_%28series%29%20gloves%20hoodie%20long_hair%20male%20merlin_%28fate_grand_order%29%20mullpull%20petals%20pink_eyes%20staff%20watermark%20white_hair.jpg

~ General Info ~

Name: Luce Solsteisse
Race: Lightkin/Darkkin hybrid
Magic Source: Pact

~ Biography ~

Personality:

A kind, gentle soul who is naturally compassionate of those around him. He is a generally soft spoken individual, perceptive of the people around him and has an affinity for healing and creation magic thanks to the pact he made with an Angel. Who in particular, he is unsure due to the pact being made when he was only a small child.

Luce is, surprisingly, not one to draw attention to himself; or at least, not intentionally. His songs are what brings listeners, and his feminine grace is what brings admirers (mostly men), but Luce himself always preferred the peace of seclusion. He doesn't like being the center of attention or being surrounded by a huge crowd of strangers, which is why he's never thought to be a bard or bring his songs to the stage despite his sister's encouragement to do so. He enjoys one on one conversations, or staying in a small group the most. Luce also prefers singing to one person or a very small group, but any more than that and he will become shy.

Due to his rather strange upbringing, Luce tends to be a bit naive about the world around him and rather motherly despite being a man. He is not afraid to bring someone into a hug, show affection, or encourage them to rest their head in his lap while he sings them to sleep. His actions make his sister wonder if her brother had actually been fated to be a mother.

History:

Luce and Kyra were the results of multiple generations of selective breeding amongst Lightkin and Darkkin in order to create the perfect hosts for an angel's and demon's powers. The experiment had first begun many many years ago, with an angel and a demon both equally curious about the effects of their powers taking over a host's body, or how long it would take to have an angelic or demonic kin from an elemental.

The Lightkin and Darkkin who were first made aware of this experiment came together to create the first generation, who was then informed and went on to have the next generation, and so on and so forth. Each generation varied from different magical strengths, with one generation being stronger or weaker than the last. The angel and demon participating in the experiments found this incredibly interesting, since one would assume that the strongest breeding with the strong should birth more powerful offspring, no? That is until eventually the two children to show the strongest magical potential of all the generations were born, given the names of Luce and Rosaline.

The angel and demon were pleased with the results of the current generation and decided to make the pact with each other to give a sum of their power to the respective child. The angel had chosen Luce, and the demon Kyra. The angel and demon would watch these twins from birth to death, intrigued where these two would take their new abilities and to what level. It is said that these mythical beings had even made a bet to grant the child who grew the strongest both demonic and angelic powers. Of course, that is not confirmed.

Growing up in the Volcanic Highlands, Luce and Kyra had been made aware of the reason for their existence and the powers they possessed. They were trained to use their abilities and learn more about them, while the Lightkin and Darkkin aware of the experiments stuck around to witness what their many many generations of hard work brought them. They noticed that Luce naturally became more gentle and compassionate, whereas Kyra was more aggressive. This was interesting, and they wondered if it was the angelic and demonic influences flowing in their veins that had a role in developing the personalities.

They'd spent most of their lives within the Highlands learning about themselves and gaining an understanding of their abilities before it was brought to their attention a place to study their magic far better than they could learn from themselves. It was agreed that the twins would set journey to this location, but of course, their progress would be watched.

~ Magic ~

-Creation (Angelic Abilities)-

(Harboring angelic abilities has given Luce lavenderish white eyes and a soft white glow about him that makes him appear otherworldly.)

Weapon Creation: Luce's magic allows him to create weapons of pure light. They are as strong as metal and as sharp as Luce's abilities can make them. These weapons can range from swords, staffs, bows and arrows, a shield, etc. However, each weapon/shield can only take so many hits before it shatters like glass, leaving Luce momentarily vulnerable until he can create another weapon.

Flight: Six large wings made of white magic sprout from Luce's back and gives him the ability to travel at great speeds. If shot with something powerful enough, they can shatter like the weapons. Will require Luce to apply more magic to replace them should this happen.

Powerful Immune System: This ability grants Luce a much more powerful immune system, meaning that his body fights much harder against illnesses and deadly ailments while also being able to heal wounds much more quickly than a normal individual. The reason for this is because of his Contact Healing ability and the damage it can do to his body if he did not have this. Of course, there is still a chance for Luce to become seriously injured or face death, but this makes death by natural causes much less likely.

Contact Healing: This ability allows the user to be able to not just rapidly heal wounds of all living beings with physical contact, but also allows the receiver to become a bit stronger for a temporary amount of time. It will also heal them of poisons, toxins, and anything harmful to the body at the cost of bringing the very same pain into Luce's body to fight it off instead. This ability can be distributed through tears, saliva, or the oils of his skin. However, Luce prefers to give them via kisses because of the intimacy, trust, and bond it creates between the parties involved.

Distance Healing: Much like Contact Healing, this ability allows the user to heal major wounds of all living beings. However, since this is at a distance, all it will do is heal the wounds. No buffs will be given, and the ailments of the recipient cannot be transferred to Luce via this method. This is purely for healing purposes.

~ Extra ~

Face Claim: Merlin from Fate Grand Order

Sample of singing:

Luce was nicknamed the "Voice of the Highlands" due to his singing echoing around the cavern walls on more than one occasion. He finds this to be a bit embarrassing.

He's able to play an instrument. A string instrument that is similar to a shamisen.

Luce's large robes give him more of a small and feminine appearance, but he is actually rather well toned underneath them due to the training he needed to be able to fight hand to hand and to wield his creations.

Luce is aware that he, for some reason, attracts mostly men, which is why when they realize he's a man he will try to point them in the direction of his twin sister. Unfortunately, that never went well due to Luce's kind appearance and gentle nature being what attracted them in the first place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Npc_zoom_3040080000_01.png

~ General Info ~

Name: Kyra Solsteisse
Race: Lightkin/Darkkin hybrid

~ Biography ~

Personality:

A rather aggressive girl who, while kind, can come across as a bit domineering. She is protective of those she considers relatives and allies, with her brother being the one she tries to keep from doing something stupid. Ignorance annoys her, and she does her best to try to put everyone on a better path despite her own leading her to destruction.

Though she may come across otherwise, Kyra is a very loving individual with a tendency to tease those that she enjoys the company of. Her abilities, when active, can cloud her judgement and make her desire blood and war, but when sober, all Kyra wants is to live a peaceful life and ensure that her brother learns to stop being so damn naive about the bastards that'd love to take advantage of it and his powers.

History:

Luce and Kyra were the results of multiple generations of selective breeding amongst Lightkin and Darkkin in order to create the perfect hosts for an angel's and demon's powers. The experiment had first begun many many years ago, with an angel and a demon both equally curious about the effects of their powers taking over a host's body, or how long it would take to have an angelic or demonic kin from an elemental.

The Lightkin and Darkkin who were first made aware of this experiment came together to create the first generation, who was then informed and went on to have the next generation, and so on and so forth. Each generation varied from different magical strengths, with one generation being stronger or weaker than the last. The angel and demon participating in the experiments found this incredibly interesting, since one would assume that the strongest breeding with the strong should birth more powerful offspring, no? That is until eventually the two children to show the strongest magical potential of all the generations were born, given the names of Luce and Rosaline.

The angel and demon were pleased with the results of the current generation and decided to make the pact with each other to give a sum of their power to the respective child. The angel had chosen Luce, and the demon Kyra. The angel and demon would watch these twins from birth to death, intrigued where these two would take their new abilities and to what level. It is said that these mythical beings had even made a bet to grant the child who grew the strongest both demonic and angelic powers. Of course, that is not confirmed.

Growing up in the Volcanic Highlands, Luce and Kyra had been made aware of the reason for their existence and the powers they possessed. They were trained to use their abilities and learn more about them, while the Lightkin and Darkkin aware of the experiments stuck around to witness what their many many generations of hard work brought them. They noticed that Luce naturally became more gentle and compassionate, whereas Kyra was more aggressive. This was interesting, and they wondered if it was the angelic and demonic influences flowing in their veins that had a role in developing the personalities.

They'd spent most of their lives within the Highlands learning about themselves and gaining an understanding of their abilities before it was brought to their attention a place to study their magic far better than they could learn from themselves. It was agreed that the twins would set journey to this location, but of course, their progress would be watched.

~ Magic ~

~Destruction (Demonic Abilities)~

(Harboring demonic abilities has given Kyra nearly glowing red eyes and a naturally hostile aura about her that while make other individuals a bit on edge when speaking to her until they grow accustomed to it. She will also have a naturally darker glow about her in contrast to her brother.)

Hardened Skin: While Luce is able to create weapons, Kyra is able to use her magic to harden her skin into armor, which will make penetration via metal or magic much more difficult. This usually encumbers black magic around her body that takes the form of what appears to be scales or normal armor.

Flight: Six large wings made of shadowy magic sprout from Kyra's back and gives her the ability to travel at great speeds. If shot with something powerful enough, they can diminish and disappear until Kyra uses her magic to recreate them.

Demonic Claws: Kyra's hands turn incredibly large and dark red, with large claws protruding from her fingers to make for deadly weapons and gives her a bit of a strength buff. This is part of a "Demonic Beast" transformation which she has not yet mastered. However, having these claws out makes her rather aggressive and a bit bloodthirsty as it's part of her abilities' nature to destroy.

Shadow Whips: The wings take the form of more tentacley whips that can extend, grab, and attack an opponent from great distances.

Destructive Touch: As opposed to her brother's healing touches, Kyra has the ability to rot, cause ailments, or destroy any living organism that she touches. Now, this does not mean instant death for a person, but rather, it means her touch will begin some sort of attack on the body. The touch could imitate a poisoning effect on the body, or suddenly make a person feel nauseous, or make their vision very blurry depending on what Kyra wills. It could also slowly suck the life out of whatever living being she touches until it eventually dies. A bush would survive only 10 seconds before it is completely withered. A human body would survive about 3 hours of this ability before it becomes a rotten corpse. This ability is not always active and can be incredibly taxing on the body depending on what she's trying to kill.

The lifesucking part of this ability has only been used on trees and plants. Kyra has never gone that far with her magic nor does she plan to.

~ Extra ~

Face Claim: Dark Jeanne d' Arc from Granblue Fantasy

Kyra loves apples and apple-centric desserts.

She secretly enjoys watching men try to flirt with her brother only for them to run away when they realize he's a man.

Kyra thought Luce was actually her sister at one point when they were young.

Kyra is also secretly jealous of all the attention her brother gets from handsome men.

Kyra had three crushes in the past while growing up, but all three of them had fallen for Luce in one way or another. Due to this, she is more careful about who she develops feelings for.

Last edited:

~ Kess Olegan ~

Red_Test.jpg

"When it comes right down to it, innate magic or borrowed power doesn't hold a candle to me. I don't learn to be strong. I'm strong cause I learn."

~ General Info ~

- Age -

- Gender-
Male

- Race -
Human

- Magic Source -
Wizardry

~ Biography ~

- Personality -

Kess is cocky and self assured of his own abilities. He spends his time studying tomes that were not assigned, and instead ignoring any of the work he's been given. He came to the academy to learn what he wanted, and he wanted to learn everything. He slacks on his homework, he is quick with a snide remark, and he is absolutely ready to bolt at the first sign of someone trying to pick a fight with him. However, while he has the traits of a "Jerk" he never really means any harm by it.

He is not above pranking someone, seeing it as an opportunity to flex his quick wit and sharp intellect in a way that suits him better. He sometimes even holds hustles as means to restore his funds. Though he is usually calm, even in a fight, his ego can get the better of him, making him play around too much, or show off when someone challenges his abilities. He is never one to fight first. If he gets caught in a lie or is confronted with damning evidence, his first response is flight, not fight.

However, Kess isn't going to leave his students hanging. If paired in a group project, you'll hate his guts and chase him all across the campus only to return to your room and find his part fully written and referenced (with a snarky memo to boot). He's happy to help anyone study, but his big head can make it somewhat frustrating at times, however its clear that learning the machinations of the world is something he takes seriously. However, fuck Worldsong. He has no idea how that one works

- History -

Kess was never not a problem. He grew up in the business hub of Horace in the kingdom of Lyst. His father was someone he never met, and his mother was a... Service worker. This often meant that she was busy tending to the "needs" of others. It wasn't a problem to Kess though. Why should he care? She got them food on the table, and a place to lay his head. However, though he loved the lack of supervision it did result in some less than acceptable habits. He found out at an early age that he was quite good at reaching his tiny hands into the pockets of strangers. Then he soon found out that he had a certain charm about him. Mostly it was the coins he nabbed from poor bastard who was working on his mother.

However, now he had minions to do his bidding. And thus began the worst crime spree that Horace had ever seen. His lackeys were getting caught left and right, but he kept such a degree of separation that nobody knew it was him. Well one day, one of his tiny henchmen had found a strange book. At first he didn't pay much mind to it, but as he read it, he started wondering more and more about it. It didn't make much sense at first. But he read it anyway, trying to understand. What did all of this mean. New plan. More books on magic.

Unfortunately for Kess, Lyst was incredibly skeptical of mages. Books on the subject were hard to find, and suspicions were beginning to rise, as his followers weren't as interested in getting caught if it was just for a stupid book. They snitched on him. Oh was there hell to pay for that. He was essentially locked in his room as if it were jail for several years. But during that time, he practiced what he had read. He might not have had the books anymore, but he had the knowledge. He kept practicing and practicing. He even started developing his own exercises. Almost 5 years later, he was finally freed of his punishment. But not of his mischievous nature. And not of his thirst for knowledge. Now he was much sneakier, hiding and moving from place to place. He'd steal books, replace them with a double, transpose the important parts and then return it.

After he had exhausted the few books of magic he could find in the fearful kingdom, he knew he'd need to move out. His mother was happy to see him leave, but let him know that despite the sheer pain and headaches he had caused, she wanted to support him. He nodded. He questioned those words a little, but she cared enough to say them even if it was a lie. That was good enough for him.

~ Magic ~

Specialization means you can produce hotter flames, heal greater wounds, or even fly a freaking sailboat! All of which can easily be ignored. By focusing on one area, you lose out on another! Therefore, Kess researches every kind of magic. When all elements are used in a spell, it typically results in a swirl of energy that gives off a faint light blue glow.

Arcane Dart
Kess launches a small dart of arcane energy that pierces a target. He can create a fan of up to 5 darts currently.

Disperse
Since Kess has spent so much time studying the building blocks of the world and thus magic itself, he knows how to redirect the flow of mana. He can manipulate the same elements, or the opposing elements used in a spell to dampen its effect. Depending on the level of the spell, it could completely dispel the magic It is a vexing skill to face as a mage

Barrier
Kess manipulates the energy and brings it to block strikes. It can block magic, and depending on the concentration of elements, can strengthen it against certain ones

Mana Blade
Concentrating his magic into the tip of his focus, Kess emits a long pillar of energy that he can swing. Its destructive power is immense, but requires a large amount of mana to keep up, so he typically keeps it in short bursts. That and the fact he typically doesn't like getting in close.

Outside of his combat spells, he has some minor telekinesis, and parlor tricks.

~ Extra ~

Is actually adept at sleight of hand and pick-pocketing.
Has a somewhat weak constitution and can get sick fairly easily.
Nimble, but can't throw a punch to save his life

Theme Song

Face Claim

Kirisame Marisa (Genderswap)

Last edited:
1605669668004.png
"How about we have a wager? That's what you are here for, right?"

~ General Info ~

Name: Findel Bheestruzein
Race: Dark Elf
Magic Source: Wizardry

~ Biography ~

Personality: Something of a Scoundrel, Findel is rather cocky and roguish, though rather good natured. A daughter of a rather minor merchant family from Andii, she is rather fond of gold and while simple in dress she is often stylish if a simple fair. She is rather prideful of her appearance and has a few tattoos and accessories to serve as aids in casting magic a more permanent if not limited means to call upon a few common spells.

A bit rebellious she tends to be welcoming to all and has shown a curious mix of egocentric behavior with a mix of compassion to those truly in need or in pain. A bit carefree she tends to not take much seriously and may even bait a reaction out of some as she is readily open about her past, thoughts and plans. Living in the moment, Findel can be something of an entertainer and much of her magic reflects this, it could be said in the process of earning her rank to study at the school that she took part in arena combat which was mostly based around such, to earn some coin and to practice her magic "safely".

Findel is prone to action and taking the path of least effort and most finesse in her actions and life. It may be surprising to most that she in fact has never made a pact, so much as works when she must for her own amusement, or under protest. She could be said to be semi religious and has an interest in most tales from her nation. Curiously can get rather ticked off about mentions of her large forehead.

History:

Born as the third child of a minor Merchant family in the deserts of Andii in a city called Al Sha-Talarif, Findel was always a bit head strong, egotistical and carried a cocky sort of pride with her. Given her family's line of work she had little difficulty in socializing and learned several "tells" from her family, to amuse, subtly manipulate and to strike a bargain in their own favor. She earned something of a reputation as a trickster though she never veered off into banditry or anything that would cause her family too much grief. Typically whatever "fun" she may have was paid with kindness as well, never would she deny a traveler of the sands a flask of water for sake of a few coins.

While by no means rich, she was in a position to study Magic and to acquire devices towards this means, typically Runecraft and enchanted tattoos upon her person when she showed some early affinity towards learning Magic coupled with skills related to the sword. By the time of her 15th Birthday, Findel would come to develop an interest in the colosseum of the City, built to reenact the old stories of history and the chanters of before and after, it was more or less safe combat against other aspiring mages or beasts captured in the wilds.

To both develop an interest and to compete. With her flash fire magic and durable earth magic, the Spellsword would climb up the ranks, far enough for the Arena to consider her worthy enough to answer the call of the King. Somewhat excited and curious, she accepts and with a few tomes and her other items she set off for Findel to see just what this Mage College was all about and to hopefully improve upon what she knew and to maybe learn what she did not.

~ Magic ~

Runes Wizardry: Counting on a few tattoos dyed into her flesh, a blade inscribed with various runs and a few accessories also inscribed with runes to act as her magic circles, she has been learning how to form her own as well. Though that being said such items tend to be rather fixed in place as to what they can do. Spellsword tends to be more limited in elemental aspects and most runes are more useful in provoking effects or magics than it is in forming Elements from nothing, additional combinations may be possible for her with these two elements. Findel has a natural affinity for Fire and a strong Secondary leaning towards Earth, those give her most commonly used abilities follow to form;

Current Rune ingrained Abilities:

Earth Aspect: Typically ingrained within the skin of her right hand and the necklace she wears, she's able to summon Earth Elemental via mana and her "seals". Typically as it stands she can call upon hard rocks to act as pillars to defend her person or to hurl from her right hand at foes with contact with the ground, or from them with concentration and Mana.

Alongside this she is able to break down earth aspect spells of her own casting, or of the land around her to form a dusty storm to conceal her presence somewhat.

Earth Pillar: Can form a pillar of Earth to hide behind, typically just big enough to hide herself behind to absorb a few attacks meant for her. In theory the wall should be able to improve in size, thickness and shape, but her runes for now only allow for this shield.

Earth Shroud: Can form Dust around her person akin to a sandstorm, limited in scope to her immediate surroundings, it is regulated by the heat of her fire magic to make an in close smoke screen in a manner, it does not bother her own eyes given the nature of the field, currently it covers around three to four meters with a dead zone of inches around her body. Wind can effect the drift and range of the shroud.

Earth Stone: A simple summoning of fist to head sized stones which can be fired off or thrown with a bit of mana and focus.

Fire Aspect: Ingrained into her sword, right hand, forehead and legs this could be said to be Findel's primary elemental affinity, she is able to channel and form flames from her hand to use as fireballs, from her blade for a few combo flashes and sweeping close range wave attacks. With the Use of her legs she can summon fire for kicks or with enough focus.

Fire Strike: Engulfs the blade in fire, minus the obvious effects of a flaming sword, the fire stays on the blade and can hit with a searing impact.

Fire Bolt: From hand or sword tip a small ball or three of fire can be formed to strike out at a foe.

Flame Wave: With a heavy swing of the blade along the Horizon it is possible to cast a 45 degree cone of fire in front of the swing, spreading out three meters ahead to cover her field of vision. The spellsword attack tends to be explosive in nature.

Phoenix Kick: In spite of the name there isn't too much special about this as it stands, she can summon flames from one foot with a bit of focus and add its elemental effects to her kicks.

Phoenix Dash: This is a concentrated burst of Mana converted into fire magic, that then "explodes" on the heels of her feet, allowing her to hurl herself into a closer position with considerable speed. Currently the range on this is limited to a few meters at the state it is in.

In addition she has had limited training with several elements and can with scrolls formulate a wider array of magics, but those are more difficult than her natural affinity towards Fire and Earth, she would however need a tome, scrolls or more detailed runes. Minus a bit of specialization her magic skill level is just of a level to be at the school.

~ Extra ~

Her belt has a number of pouches on them which she can carry spare supplies or magical items, typically preserved food, water and basic healing salves are carried.

5'11" in height 128lbs

Theme Song:

Thanks Jess.

1605669512560.png
__mizuhashi_parsee_touhou_drawn_by_midori_misuriru8__sample-6a7001668d9a66fbf254cbda9601b162.jpg
"Why are you here?"

~ General Info ~

Name: Thalia Daephyra
Race: Elf

~ Biography ~

Personality: Thalia on first impression may come across as arrogant, prideful, disciplined, guarded and a bit of a by the rules perfectionist. Showing signs of intelligence she prefers to observe a situation or reading reports in place of taking immediate action. While some may call her a by the book sort it remains unclear just who wrote the book. With a distrust of others and the College she seems to always have an angry or scary gaze about her... Though it seems this may be genetics at play rather than direct ill will.

Though just as is the case with the Great Swamp, not all may be as it seems. While outwardly hostile, remote and dangerous, the Swamp harbors much life and even a balance of Harmony within it. In the case of Thalia these facets may come to the forefront with time or when she thinks she is alone. A rather helpful girl she knows a bit about plants and herbs, keeping a few potted ones to place in her room for herself. She also will likely be found helping the groundskeepers with such work and has an interest in potion making. Rather studious, hard working, professional and earnest, the Elf can be found at times sleeping with a book in her lap, passed out from exhaustion. She also knows a bit about cooking, more so of sweets and it is not unknown for her to bake cookies for those that she's taken a liking towards.

Thalia puts great meaning and effort towards Family and Friends and will generally help them out if it is within her means, though like the Swamp this help may be thickly veiled. Rather fond of Music, Thalia is known to play a wooden flute when thinks no others are around. She also will help with studies or in communicating with some of the denizens of the swamp. However just like Shaambalak, she does harbor a dangerous side. Typically crossing or betraying her is met with an uncharacteristically swift and brutal response. She also tends to hold grudges and has been known to try influencing the luck of those that have upset her as a petty payback for a few days.

History: Thalia was born to a village in the Shaambalak Swamp of the Republic, named Travelers Toll, while more of a small town or city, it laid near one of the few clean water sources near the swamp's interior far off of paths well traveled. It and some of the surrounding villages were home to a unique magic that would pass down through bloodlines of some that dwelled within. Given that this Swamp Witch magic was found amongst largely Female Humans and Elves of the region it is highly likely that neither race is as pure as they may think themselves to be, according to scholars and the physical forms of those who dwell within. While some Witches would leave the swamp once they had a better understanding of the Magic to work as bounty hunters or assassins, typically returning later in life, others would become guides and doctors of the region and never leaving at all. Given this the Swamp Witches were not known widely to the General Public, so much as to those in the know or that had reasons to be in the Great Swamp in the first place.

Thalia was more or less set to be one of the later, nothing too special could be noted about her Family life, crop farmers that made a living off of what little land the swamp would offer up. Though in her case the gift had skipped a generation from Grandmother to Granddaughter. An only daughter by birth one could say her style of living is rather simple and poor. Living in a wood and Mud hut, she would take careful care of all items she had, learning quickly about the dangers and blessings the Swamps would offer. Studying under her Grandmother and a few other Witches she had a lot of problems learning and controlling the magic to start with, with the dangers and wonders it offered she took her studies rather seriously, a trait that has still not left her, she does not consider herself fully in control of the magic or able to utilize it to the fullest.

Given one of the Villages limited exports were medical herbs and sugarcane, she would learn about these as a natural process, plus how to speak the native tongue of the lizardmen to a limited extent. In practice this would lead to her helping the occasional traveler with negotiations to explore the swamp more deeply or to secure more exotic goods in trade. In her early childhood, these trade contacts were how Thalia gained her Flute, a prized position in her eyes.

However such isolation would not last forever, just as she would not be an only child for much longer, with her mother giving birth to a son. Hard pressed in some means, Thalia would find great change in her life and an "Invitation" from the College. Such change was not welcomed nor asked for, but for the sake of all the village and any other Swamp Witches to come she had a duty to perform.. One that might just prove useful..

~ Magic ~

Swamp Witch Hex: A Sorcery type magic that elemental wise leans closer to Water, Earth and Darkness, it has aspects of all of these yet is unique enough in its application to be classified as something else, genetically passed down to a few human and Elf bloodlines, which hints at a common ancestor or cross breeding at some point, resulting in some Elves having more human like body frames. Typically this magic can run counter to some, place curses of a sort and forming of natural, or rather supernatural plant growths in the form of vines, trees, straw, poisonous plants and thorn bushes. With the right components this magic of the swamps is known to be used for less than noble endeavors such as Bounty Hunting, Assassinations and allow for remote harming of others via voodoo magic. Be it from causing sensations of pain or effects to the realm of probability, or the victims perception of it rather to produce "bad luck".

Eulogy of Sin: Provided she has the time Thalia can form a straw filled doll of a person, with a collection of blood, cloth and hair or nail clippings she can make a short lived doll that allows her a vague understanding of where a person is in relation to her, or the doll may have nails and pins driven into it to magically send harmless, yet painful sensations to the target.

Grasping Vine: Able to form vines, be they normal or thorn covered, to bind a target, to pull herself up to a location, or to make a scalable "wall". These vines are mostly used to capture or constrict, in her own case she is rather limited in the range she can reach out and number she can spawn.

Brush Barrier: A variation of the Grasping Vine, this however just makes a thick bundle of briers to to form a weak if not thick shield to cushion blows or to take the brunt of more explosive attacks.

Ents of the Swamp: Able to form an Ent that is powered off of her own mana, while more season witches can make large sentinels or even Golems that can act as village guards, Thalia can only spawn smaller Ents at this time, that she can "see" through to scout around her, or to fit in smaller locations she cannot.

Swamp Gas Projection: Forming a small green orb of gas, it is possible to expand the number, or to change the form into a cloud with practice. In principle it is partially acidic and carries the smell of fungi and sulfur, in some terms it is on par with a fire ball, minus the splash and spreading after effects.

Reverse Wheel of Fortune: This is a magic that can reach out to those she curses in a manner similar with Eulogy of Sin, but it uses her own blood in the purpose. Overall this attack is mostly harmless but can change what one considers "luck" or rather the perception of it. Small delays can mean the difference in an attack connecting, or missing by a slim margin. It also seems to slightly affect simple luck based games, though that is unconfirmed or a possible placebo effect.

Rite of Nails: Thalia is able to enchant nails with curses, this can be used on a doll, thrown at a spell or directly stabbed into a foe. Absorbing her own special Sorcery, it gives off a mana draining effect to partially disrupt spells or when stabbed into a person the flow of their own mana, till they remove them at least. She is not as skilled in the effect as some of her Kindred.

Nightgloom Star: A 5 point star made out of mana, given form it harnesses the form of Methane into an explosive projectile, some her ancestors were able to imbued it with poison effects, though she has yet been able to do so.

~ Extra ~

Height 5'3" weight 124 lbs

She carries a flute and uses it with a few other sounds to speak the Lizardmen's language to a limited degree. Below her thick Tunic is a black skirt and a pair of laced, partially ventilated boots with long stockings.

Character source パルスィ Parsee Mizuhashi

Theme Song:

Thanks Jess x2​

Last edited:
nDBjXfJl.png
wb15w3Vl.png

~ General Info ~

Name: Ena Lavenderdew
Race: Flora Fairy (Height: 0' 9")
Magic Source: Sorcery, Artifice

~ Biography ~

Personality:
Ena is energetic, hyperactive, and slightly, just very very slightly, violent. She shatters all stereotypes or any pre-existing idea of "flower fey" that others may have with her peppy attitude towards everyone and everything. Due to her small diminutive size, she tries to make up for it by being as loud as possible at all times, and often tries to do the most extravagant things just out of the desire to not be overlooked. For most of her life, she was denied the way she wanted to live, the outside world is brilliant and full of wonders to her. This can make Ena seem a bit naive at times, which she is, still very much a child.

Being very curious and very impulsive tend to land her in trouble sometimes, as she has a "punch first, ask questions later" attitude. It can hinder her ability to socialize, even though she is very much an extrovert, she prefers to get to know someone by fighting. Despite these issues, deep down she has a very strong sense of justice, and hates being a bystander to anything, good or bad.

Even though she is extremely atypical, Ena is still a flora fairy, and has a strong affinity to nature. She enjoys the company of botanical life and strongly dislikes those that disrespect nature. And like other fairies, she is mischievous, though that usually manifests into physical assault rather than illusionary pranks.

History:
Born from a lavender plant in the outskirts of Fenring, Ena lived and grew up with her fellow flower fairies in a flowery hallow. They lived an idyllic life far away from most larger sentient species and used their fairy magic to ward off anyone that many enter their territory. These creatures born of flora had natural abilities to perform illusionary and nature-based magic, most tended to stay away from academia, as they have their own way of teaching their young.

Ena was born with great expectations, the day she was born, the entire flower patch shook so violently the morning dew fell like rain. Her innate mana reserve was large, and she was raised to be a guardian of the hallow. But Ena was quick to disappoint. Despite her mana reserves, she was unable to perform most magical spells, it was as if all her spells were sealed in her body, unable to be released out into the world. Though a funny thing is that she was physically much stronger than the other fairies, she was a faster flier, a stronger lifter, even as a child. It outcasted Ena, and she often felt pressured to find a way to live up to her potential.

Eventually, Ena snuck out of the hallow to head to the Arcana Scholae, looking to find what is wrong with her. She made little progress in regards to the actual problem, but did come across artifacts that could help her channel her magic into the world. Mythril gauntlets and boots with special contraptions, that allowed her to affect her body, and use her body to affect the outside world. It made for unbelievably violent magic, which caused Ena to be rejected by her people when she returned. But that didn't trouble Ena at all, now she wanders the world, on an endless journey.

~ Magic ~

Sorcery: Lavender Mana Reserves, Fairy Flight
Artifacts: Oscillation Gauntlets & Boots

MCQC: Mana based close quarter combat, she launches attacks such as punches and kicks that are empowered by mana. The contraptions in her gauntlets and boots can send out shockwaves that cause even deeper damage. This is Ena's go-to style for combat.

Ena Oscillations: A charge up attack in which Ena continuously channels mana into her boots or gauntlets, and the next impact will release that oscillation as a strong shockwave. This takes time to charge up, and overusing or overcharging the attack may damage her artifacts.

Fairy Acceleration: By channeling mana into her back and wing muscles, it allows Ena to fly at great speeds momentarily. This is limited due to it tiring her wings out easily, and crashes or collisions are much more serious.

Fairy Collider: Ena's solution to collisions when she accelerates is to use it as an attack, by fortifying parts of her body while accelerating, she uses the speed to cause much more damage with one attack. It can work in tandem with her oscillation shockwaves.

Ena Resonance: The slower, more analytical version of Ena Oscillations. Instead of aiming to cause as much destruction as possible, Ena tries to match her mana oscillations with the target material's properties, providing a way to shatter almost any physical material. But this takes much longer and extensive knowledge of the target material, and Ena's progress in academia is...lacking as of now.

Lavender Boost! ★ Super Overdrive!: This purposely overcharges Ena's gauntlets or boots in order to achieve great strength and speed for short amounts of time. The problem is that most materials cannot survive this overcharge, and her artifacts will break after using it.

~ Extra ~
Drinks nectar and dewdrops, and eats fruit, can't really digest other things.
Will wear clothes designed for dolls and other toys, and is skilled in "detailed work" due to it just being regular work to her.
Does not trust others to touch her wings.
"Ena" is not her actual name, instead "Lavenderdew" is. But it is tradition for flora fairies who leave their hallow to adopt a "common name".

Color Code: #FF3AA2
Faceclaim: Arc 1: Laby - Rumble Pumn (Elsword)
Arc 2: My art
Theme Song:

Last edited:
d314a2289e03df0bd984525a58381e61.jpg

~ General Info ~

Name:
Rurik Hames
Race: Human
Magic Source: Artifice

~ Biography ~

Personality:

Silver-tongued as many a noble are, though this one appears to use his for jabs, snide comments, sarcasm and flirtations. Rurik is a methodical and determined young man that looks for inspiration in just about anything and everything. He has an ego which leads him to want to equal with other magics through his own creativity and innovation. Whereas many see artifice as an alternative to hard work, he believes the opposite, seeing other magics as needing luck to some extent whereas artifice requires more than just the knowledge and training, but also the inventiveness to create with the added steps of getting materials for the creations.

It would be wrong to say he looks down on or thinks poorly of other magics. However, he does have a bit of a competitive streak that leads him wanting to show others up.

History:
Born to a smaller noble family in Lyst, Rurik's early life was cushioned, but not quite comfortable. His family were of some of the few "trustworthy" magicians; a long line of sorcerers that had resided in the state. Despite the mistrust of most magics by the majority of the country, the family held the sorcery of their bloodline to a high degree. Thus, it was surprising and problematic when Rurik displayed no aptitude for the sorcery gene. Not only that, he had a pitiful reservoir of mana for even wizardry. As it would come to be, Rurik was only half a Hames. Particularly, the half that did not carry the gene.

While his brother and sister began the early training required of sorcerers to reign in their abilities, Rurik failed to even attune with base wizardry. His mana and his magical ability were abysmally small, which lowered his standing in the family further. His aptitude for studies and other pursuits of nobility was all secured his tolerance. Regardless, he was still determined to learn, though not for familial approval. While he hadn't inherited the sorcery gene, he had inherited the ego and didn't much care for being looked down on. Thankfully, there were other magics that didn't require natural talent or mana.

Rurik's drive was reinvigorated when he met a dwarven trader. This trader was more than the typical Dwarven craftsmen and warriors. It was through him that Rurik began to learn artifice. He had known of the method of artifice, but it was so early and so few actually useful inventions had come of it that he struck it out. Yet the Dwarf had a few prototypes, mainly early projectile weaponry. Regardless, it was a start, and it didn't require mana, only the grit or money to acquire materials.

Rurik began to skip out on his futile lessons in order to learn from the Dwarf, working under him in exchange for the basics of artifice and crafting. The boy worked earnestly, but he could not learn much in the limited time the trader remained in Lyst. He would be returning to Kainen, and then Rurik would be stuck once again. However, it presented an opportunity. The Dwarves were master craftsmen. If he could learn enough to close the gap between the natural magics, it would be in Kainen.

So Rurik decided for himself that he would return with the Dwarf to Kainen. The problem was his family. Though he wasn't exactly popular, he was still of their name and better purposed to serve that name in Lyst than to run off studying a false magic. For the first time, however, his bastardization actually helped him. If the knowledge spread the name would take a hit, however it didn't hurt him as much as it did his family. Ultimately, there was little choice in letting him depart, less there be a controversy. Outwardly, they sent him to intern and study among the Dwarves to broaden his sense of culture and studies. Inwardly, his father hoped the undead that plagued the land took Rurik and the Dwarf. Though, that did not happen and Rurik spent the next many years in Kainen with the Dwarves.

Rurik would leave Kainen and his new home only when he reached nineteen. Having adopted the craftsmanship of the Dwarves and knowledge of artifice, Rurik advanced to the next step. He would need to find materials, ideas, and create something from them. The best place for the legendary magic school itself, so he departed for there, determined to overcome talent and luck with grit and innovation.

~ Magic ~

• Aura Mask: Formerly a protective mask Rurik created for some of the Dwarves blacksmithing and smelting machinery. The eyes aren't a normal glass but a smelted consolidation of Aether and Fire imbued crystals. The result is akin to a glass that lightens the burden of darkness by highlighting the mana auras seen through it.
  • Stun Bombs: A modified version of some of the mining explosives used in Kainen. Rurik's managed to neuter most of the lethality of these explosives whilst enhancing the initial explosion to create a blinding light when viewed directly.
  • Attraction Metallics: Rurik wears a gauntlet on his right hand with the palm being laced with another smelted mixture of wind and earth imbued crystals. This consolidation in the metal in the palm is also mixed into the handle of his axe, allowing hims to repel the axe from his hand for a harder throw or recall it back to his grasp.

~ Extra ~
This section is more freeform, typically involving more meta information such as Theme Song, Alternate outfits, Voice Actor, who the Face Claim is etc. Feel free to add anything you want to here. Extra info is not required but never a bad thing.​

Yes, but I'm closing things up save for those who have already expressed interest. And for now, I'll be limiting things from here on to 1 character.

Just wanna say I'm still interested but having a bit of laptop troubles. I'll try to get a CS up as soon as I can

Reactions: Thaleko

4c0e67cfcdede084ea12c4ab2738ab56.jpg

~ General Info ~

Name: Rei
Race: Human

~ Biography ~

Personality:
Rei initially appears cool and distant; on closer contact, she comes across a bit ditzy, careless and unfocused. Get to know her better, and understand her magic, and you realise that she's so distracted because she spends most of her time listening to voices that other people can't hear, and seeing things they can't see.
If anyone could really get through to her, they'd find a soul overburdened by care, deeply hurt by past experience, and strongly guarded. And so we come full circle, as she appears again cool and distant - but now for good reason.
No-one has got any closer to her - at least, no-one living. Perhaps you have to be dead to really get her attention. But when she really bothers about someone, she is warm, empathetic and caring to the point of self-abnegation.

History:
Rei was born with a talent, and a curse. Even as a child, she seemed always to be hearing and seeing the invisible, and when she learned to speak she was constantly talking about the things that her imaginary friends told her. And occasionally she would wake her parents in the dead of the night with screams to chill their blood, inconsolable for hours as she wailed like a banshee.
Her father was a tailor, her mother ran the shop and kept the books. They were good, simple folk, who tried to do their best by their strange daughter. But as she grew, it became clear that her oddness was not merely eccentricity but something altogether more sinister, and they began to fear. Although it had been a long lifetime since necromancers had gained the right to live within society, old terrors die hard. Rei's mother was scared of what she might do to them, her father more concerned about what might be done to her should this become known.
Things came to a head when a woman in the town went missing. She was found, dead of stab wounds, stuffed into a barrel and left in a midden. It was a terrible tragedy and mystery, and her husband was wild with grief - until a young silver-haired girl came to confront him, speaking with the voice of his late wife. She pointed a trembling finger at him, and shrieked the truth: he had killed her in a drunken rage after a quarrel, and clumsily sought to hide the deed. But Rei had gone to the spot where her body had been abandoned, and heard her spirit calling for justice, and taken that spirit into herself to help her.
And justice might have been done, but the desperate killer sought to save himself by distracting the townsfolk from his crime. It worked, to some degree - for murder, while a wicked deed, was a simple, human act, but speaking to the dead was a vileness proscribed for generations past. The good people of the town were torn and confused, not knowing whether to believe the girl or to burn her for a witch. Eventually the magistrate decided to do both. She had the murderer strung up, and a pyre prepared for Rei.
Fortunately the deliberations had taken long enough, and been sufficiently dramatic news, that word had got to higher authority, and a quaestor of the Scholae Exequir arrived to pass judgement. She declared that Rei had done no wrong, and ordered her freed - and the magistrate to be fined for ignoring current directives. That fine she gave to Rei as compensation, and travel expenses; for it was clear that the girl no longer had a place in her town. Innocent she may be, but there was no way that she could stay any longer. She would always be feared - and fear would lead to hate, and worse. For her own good, she would have to leave.
And so it was that Rei took a tearful farewell from her parents, and began the journey to the College of the Arcana Scholae.

~ Magic ~

Rei is a necromancer, but she does not gain her power by perverting or dominating the spirits of the dead; rather, she listens to their stories, and draws on their energies to aid them. This is distinct from Pact magic, as she does not have a longstanding connection with any one departed spirit; rather they lend her abilities in return for specific tasks they want performed, or even for the simple pleasure of being once again able to interact with the living world, even through an intermediary. There is no binding agreement; rather a matter of goodwill. She can achieve many different effects through this aid, including clairvoyance, stealth, energy-draining attacks, warding, animating bodies, or even healing, but the limitation is that she cannot hold the power long (unless she allows the spirit to inhabit her body for a time, which brings its own problems) nor does she actually generate much mana of her own. She attains her greatest potential in places of tragic slaughter where the dead remain resentful and yearn for redress, but this is simultaneously a matter of grave danger for her.

~ Extra ~
Face claim: Snow White, SINoALICE
Theme:

Q8KcwpW.png

~ General Info ~

Name: Yanagi/The Architect
Race: Human-Fae

~ Biography ~

Personality:
Yanagi is best described as a meek boy with good intent. Rather quiet for his age and outward appearance, many suspect him of being a trouble maker at first glance yet are surprised to often get the opposite from him. Deliberating on his words for any given moment and only speaking once he has decided what there is to be said. He in one sense can be thought to be wiser than his years, and stunted in another. Being raised in an orphanage has made him content with much less than what most have come to expect. Where he won't hesitate to sleep on the floor or go days without food. Seeking to avoid being a burden and simply lacking experience with how others live, he is often last to speak up when faced with pain or discomfort.

Rather rigid and awkward with his posture and body language. He is physically uncomfortable with communicating his emotions. Preferring simple nods and the use of words compared to expressing himself freely with gestures or facial expression. He also tends to be over grateful towards general charity from others, not letting a favor or gift go forgotten. And if not busy and left to himself, he will remain idle, alone, with his thoughts.

The Architect is best described as subtle with ulterior motives. Despite the ease with which he could solve many problems, he tends to take the most "humanly" appropriate approach. Paying for food and room with money he transmutes out of sight being one example. Additionally, when it comes to fighting it's more apt to say the Architect "defends" until stalemating, instead of "winning". Seeking to disarm if not outright nullify his opponents, he is largely always on the reactive side. Looking to allow them to slip up and offer an opening to counter. He relies on his enemies to defeat themselves, whether physically or mentally.

History:
It was rumored among the tiny village with which Yanagi was born that he was the love child of an outsider and a Fae. The reasons for this are numerous, and extend from gossip and speculation. But, mainly revolve around the fact that no one had ever recalled meeting young Yanagi's mother. Being a strange man from a far away land with a strange child earned his father the dislike of many among the small communities of Shaambalak. The fact he was adamant to stick his nose in their dark business didn't earn him favor.

A village cult and its following would have him silenced for his subsequent discoveries and insured his son relegated to a nearby orphanage. Growing up without proper parents and with no sense of purpose or belonging. Yanagi developed quiet, and reserved. However, finding happiness in helping those he could around the orphanage, life was busy and so tolerable. It wasn't until he began trying to assist people who "weren't there" that his troubles began. Phantoms, ghosts, spectre, spirits, there are many terms for wandering souls and their lingering presence. However, normally humans are oblivious of their existence and talking to them is a sign you're a bit out of touch with reality yourself.

This was not out of the ordinary for the boy, as many expected him to be cursed and or to be a bad omen. Sickness of the mind was preferable, as at least it was kept to himself. However, when he returned to the village where his father was buried, and began to ask pointed questions about the night of his death. It quickly became apparent to those of the order that it was not merely a diseased mind, but possibly the form of retribution.

The night to follow is muddied and hazy, only being recollected by Yanagi himself. What became of the village and its occupants remains an unsolved mystery to the murky waters of the swamp. A ritual was held, of which the type and design Yanagi does not know. Yanagi was to be sacrificed among other "undesirables", to seek favor with occult "Gods". But, something went terribly awry in the proceedings. Alongside making contact with their "Masters" the towns folk managed the unthinkable. Disturbing an ancient and forgotten relic of the past.

The Architect

A being of unknown origin and obscure existence. Yet who's sealed presence gave the villagers "Gods" pause. It offered Yanagi as he lay dying, a pact. In exchange for his body, as a vessel. He would grant Yanagi anything he desired that was within his power. Yanagi agreed to the bond, and in return requested to know "Why was I created?". A question that he had asked himself countless times, but never seemed to confidently answer. At this, it was the Architect's turn to pause. Before eventually agreeing to find an answer.

Days later, Yanagi would awake in a different land. A note addressed to himself in his pocket, informing him that his village had been destroyed by the occult Gods, laid out directions of where to head next. A reminder was included as well, that if he was ever faced with a challenge or problem he couldn't solve to call upon the Architect. Following the note, Yanagi would frequently ask for assistance. Lapsing into unconsciousness for hours or days, only to return elsewhere with a new note. All the while being reassured that his dying question would one day be answered.

It's been five years since that accursed night. His newest set of instructions being to "Answer the King's Decree".

~ Magic ~

iArjJqV.png

The Architect in many ways is thought to be the equivalent of Prometheus. But in place of gifting man the knowledge of fire he gifted man the knowledge of Wizardry. The fundamentals of Mana and how it functions, and with it basic understanding of everything. The depths of this knowledge seemingly has no bottom. Where most practitioners of Wizardly require immense amounts of Mana to influence the world around them, the Architect need only use the scantest of amounts. His understanding of Mana suggests in many ways that he may actually view the world as Mana in contrast to color and dimensions. However, it's just as likely that this knowledge extends from the fact he designed the world. In either case his mastery cannot be questioned nor hardly challenged.

Nevertheless, his capabilities are limited not only by the vessel that Yanagi provides, but by the fact he was chained and sealed away in a space separate from the world. Over time he has grown to access more power, but still yet relies on Yanagi to dictate its usage. The severity and challenge of a task, determines the length of time and capability of the Architect. Ranging from simple tasks such as securing food and shelter to complex ones such as altering entire landscapes.

Known Feats:

Transmutation - "The action of changing or the state of being changed into another form."

If the Architect was said to have a specialty, it would be transmutation. By efficiently utilizing Mana and gloves as a medium. He is able to alter the world around him without the need of magical circles or scripture. Manipulating his Mana in the sense of inserting "code" in a program to change its behavior. He is able to convert metal to gold, shift objects between the states of matter, and birth Golems with merely touch. The extent of this ability like all others, depends heavily on the expressed "need".

Counter Chain - "The greatest shackles are often the ones we do not notice."

Invisible to the naked eye, the chains sprouting from Yanagi's collar are an outward manifestation of the Architect. Once objects intended to seal and forever lock away his power, they now serve as instruments and tools at his disposal. Despite lacking a physical presence, they can interact with the physical world. Their intended design was to endlessly seal Mana and disperse it. This can be seen when interacting with an attack directed by others. The chains absorb the concentrated Mana they contact, channeling it through their various links. Afterwards, a random reaction occurs within each individual link.. An explosions, a gush of water or wind or perhaps dissipating into the air. In either case, the chains shortly "regrow" their missing links to continue the cycle.

Moving and levitating unnaturally, they move with an eerie lack of air resistance. Their reach roughly limited at 10 feet.

Dimension Die - "Often the greatest discoveries are made when taking a different view."

Often made from clay and being a few times larger than a sugar cube. Dimension DIe is the Architect's preferred method of ranged attack. Imbuing the tiny squares with concentrated Mana. They levitate and move with unsettling precision and little to seemingly no air resistance. Able to morph shape and physically react with attacks/Mana. They can be a real threat or merely an annoyance depending on the situation and what they're pre-programmed to do. Their size places a considerable limit on their capabilities.

Rift Travel - "Life has many doors."

Restricted to locations overlaying leylines. With access to immense interconnected Mana channels. The Architect is able to open or tear "rifts" in space anywhere along the veins of the earth. Allowing himself to traverse hundreds if not thousands of miles in a matter of moments. These doors tend to mend themselves rather quickly and only allow passage for a short moment of time.

~ Extra ~​

Last edited:
Turns out my technical issues are unfortunately too dire to take on any more RP's at the moment, which is disappointing since this is shaping up well. Still wishing everyone and their characters the best of luck!

• Thank You
  • Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Thaleko and Astros
Sorry to hear that. If a space opens up in the future and you're issues have resolved I'll let you know.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jhuton
1605902687537.png
"If one wishes to be the best, or create miracles they must eventually be ready to cross a line."

Name
Zachariah Arstfall, Dr. Arstfall, or Plague Doctor

Race
Human

Magic Source
Artificer, Necromatic Sorcery

~ Biography ~

Personality:

Non-existent is what most call to mind when describing Zachariah for his strange nature to appear silently out of nowhere prepared to work for little to no pay, and vanish just as quick as he can tell his patient will pull through. Zachariah doesn't appear to notion much for socializing keeping things rather straight to the point only "talking" when someone clearly doesn't plan to give up to his silence, or when giving his prognosis to a patient. Neither cynical nor fame seeking it isn't rare for Zachariah to accept payment in materials, food, transportation or even nothing at all giving him a rather nobly kind if not estranged reputation. When people do finally get to know Zachariah he comes of rather somber, and dead inside himself functioning only to help others as whatever he may have had personality wise at one point long gone. Though he is not aiming to die as his sense to survive is still strong he seems more carrying to everything else alive then himself. If one prods and breaks away the dead shell long enough though they will learn of what broke him so long ago. During medical application or surgery is the only time people can get a glimpse of what he use to be like as he become concentrated, and lively using anyone or anything around him to help with the healing process. Having a strong presence at this time people have stated a feeling of possession to immediately help even if they don't know the wounded in question. The effect most claim to be the strong leader like appearance that comes from him when operating being a strange if not pulling in effect to see someone so dead like be so hellbent to keep others alive.

History:
Birthed to a world un-wanting Zachariah was dropped into a world with parents who immediately abandoned him to the lowest pitiful scraps of the poor streets of Lyst. Adopted by other orphans among the mudded streets Zachariah was named by at the time top dog of them Elizabeth Bellous a tom boy bruiser of a girl. By the age of nine the boy Zachariah turned out to be extremely skilled with his hands mending ripped clothes, perfectly cutting off decayed bits from what food they could find, and even being extremely skilled with pinpoint accuracy with a knife thanks to Elizabeths teachings. Never one to join at pickpocketing though Zachariah never crosses the line into theft the main earnings of the orphans. Though this casted some ire from the others Elizabeth never judged it as everything else he did made up for it. Well until he one day came across a opening to a medical camp where he could see the horrors caused by the undead, and war. He saw how the doctors would patch, and fix others using artificer techniques with magically imbued items mixed with actually healing practices, and by spying nearly everyday he slowly started to pick up the technique of natural medical skills. So much that one day they would be put to the test when drunken ass had stabbed one of the other orphans that Zachariah quickly took command of the scenario orderings the kids to do and gather what they could as he stitch the wounded kid up. By any sort of miracle the kid made it through, and recovered rather well prompting the other kids to finally come around to Zachariah. That was when they would start getting bolder now having a somewhat medic on their hands the now teenager group started to grasp for food, and items for better living, and anytime they got hurt Zachariah was there to fix them. Still spying on the doctors up to the age of 13 even obscuring with some medical books here and there would one day notice a change. They were packing up, and leaving the poverty levels of Lyst the reason their funding had been cut, and there was no money to be made helping the poor. This was when the issues would truly pick up never showing signs of magic capabilities Zachariah would slowly start to feel odd sensations of things moving around in the dark as if stalking the streets at night right around the same time strange disappearances started to happen people that no one cared for just vanished without a trace. Elizabeth though an able combatant along with the other teenager in the group made a decision for no one to go out at night. Yet few followed the rule even as their own started to disappear, and with each one the feeling of eyes on his back started to cause Zachariah fear as dark sounds wisped at night as if calling to him. It was around this time when a older man scarred, and scathed would appear protesting against the nobles, and ruler ignoring the poor, and the veteran soldiers getting no aid for a supposed monster on the loose. Zachariah at first glance felt something was wrong with the man as his composure was so off, and a bit unnatural hidden in his tattered robes.

After one particular nasty day when the man was finally responded to by some rather uncalled for beatings by the guards who had gotten sick of him as had their chain of command for once that night in a long series of them Zachariah would hear those snarling voices loud and clear... feast upon them that ignored us. The voices were many, and the feeling of eyes nerve wracking so much that Zachariah refused any of his fellows to go out so aggressively he punched one of them unconscious in mass panic. Even his best friend Elizabeth couldn't convince him to calm down. Yet it was clear the next day how good it was that none of them had left as the sunrise revealed to the people a massacre of the guards torn to bits, and apparently... eaten with proof of necromancy in one creature that was slain being a elder woman who had died a month ago. Rather then give attention the small poverty town was closed off as the authorities were on a mad hunt for a necromancer. At first Zachariah was able to use his somewhat confident skills to help Yet the situation worsened and worsened as people left, and right disappeared each night including some of the kids. Until all that was left of the small group was Zachariah, and Elizabeth both near their breaking points after constant attacks from the undead at night, and harassments from the guards at day. That was when enough was enough, and both agreed it was time to escape the sanction off. Though Zachariah couldn't explain it he could sense the undead always nearing somehow always knowing where they were hearing their bloodletting rage. It was in this attempt that the guards finally found the old man, and his small army of the undead that he had amassed and fed from the village it was an intense blood bath as finally the authorities took the situation completely serious. The fight lasted for three days until the necromancer who had torn his body into something more wicked was finally wounded and forced to retreat into the very woods with what little of his undead force was left. Leading him right into the escape path of Zachariah, and Elizabeth what followed was a intense chase as he aimed to devour them to regain his strength. Yet after mortally wounding Elizabeth, and cornering Zachariah who dragged her away as far as he could it seemed it was over until in the deepest moment of hatred fueled by rage for loosing the life he had that Zachariah cursed the man screaming at him... and jumpstarting an innate power that had laid dormant for so long. With one final scream Zachariah for the undead to devour the one truly responsible with their death Zachariah's eyes turned a dark purple as the command overruled any power the old twisted man had as he was attacked, and eaten by his own undead creations. In the confusion of what had happened Zachariah used the moment to escape with Elizabeth as the authorities caught up slaying what was left.

For a whole day Zachariah did all he could to halt Elizabeth's pending doom yet nothing he learned could stop it... only delay he carried her to doctor to doctor in the city yet no one would be willing to fix a poor girl for no pay. Just like those doctors Zachariah use to spy on he watched them unwilling to use their talent to heal someone for the right reasons. Yet when he did finally in his last moments of strength, and consciousness find a elder woman far off from Lyst's natural borders Elizabeth died in his arms. Yet as the elder was about to explain this Zachariah could see something more unnatural as his awoken "gift" allowed him to see something new... he could see Elizabeth's souls leaving her body as time seemed to slow down around him reaching for her restful soul, and as his hand touched it he could feel its weight as he tried to pull it back down unwilling to let this reality play out. At first it seemed some miracle would be born but as the last bit of the soul disconnected from Elizabeth's body it burst into light disappearing for ever as Zachariah fell unconscious in front of the elder woman unaware that she had seen the whole thing, and knew what it was she had saw.

Luckily for Zachariah he had ran into a once much hated woman gifted in birth with necromancy like himself who had chosen the life of the hermit learning all she could about healing magic and how to fight the urges of necromancies allure. Though broken with everything he had seen, and lost Zachariah eventually caved into something worth living for as the elder woman taught him healing magic through Artificer techniques pulling from his mana pull gift of necromancy. Even going so far as to teach him to use necromancy in a unique way to save people, as well as dispel necromancy magic from other people. When he turned 17 the Elder woman who never gave her name died in her sleep motioning him to finally set out putting his healing hands to use. During his first two years out on the field the man rumored into existence became known as the Plague Doctor for his ability to heal even the most accursed inflictions, and while the more out their rumors of what he had healed were made up a lot of the more strange, and bewitching one held truth to them. During his travels Dr. Arstfall has learned to use an imbued Artificer pistol learning to craft magic bullet unleashing burst effects. At this time he's just traveling about keeping to himself finding people who need healing.

~ Magic ~
Artificer Skills

GlindLock

A magical one shot old pistol that uses special shells that have trapped/manmade magic in them fired like a flare gun whatever the glass bullet hits will be surged onto by the magic inside. So far he only uses frost, lightning, and cloud with the first to being aggressive offensive attacks and the last a smoke screen. Do to the complication of making the shells, and capturing the elements inside Arstfall uses them extremely sparingly.

Plague Mask
Both a defensive, and surgical item the rubber like glass inserts allow Arstfall to have a closer look at whatever he might be operating or observing on. It also doubles as a gas resistant item allowing him to continue operating on the more extremely poisoned patients, and to survive poison gas attacks.

Surgical/Vial Set
The medical bag carried around by the good doctor has a array of tool imbued with healing properties along with some vials with unique medicines meant to help combat a good array of conditions. Never touch the bag it is the one thing Arstfall is extremely protective of, and for good reason. The vial sets are also used to make new medicines based on the material on hand imbued to help chemical reaction speed up when mixing medicines.

Necromatic Sorcery Skills

Last Chance Operation

During operation if a soul is about to give into the near death state of the body Zachariah can catch the trying to flee soul right before it completely disconnects from the body, and mind. Forcing it back in opens the ability through magic to stitch them back together, and jump start the body to function again taking a extreme amount of magic, and nearly exhausting Zachariah forcing him to quickly finish operation before dropping from extreme mana exhaustion.

Betrayal Reigns
If stronger or equal to the necromancy opposition with glowing purple eyes Zachariah can turn a necromancers creations against them temporarily giving a opening for direct attack or a chance to wound them with their own abomination.

Cursed Bleeding
When operating on someone cursed to dies or be inflicted Zachariah can use his necromancy to cut the body at the point of infliction, and bleed out the curse only problem is this ability holds more to the patients will to survive, and suffer through blood loss as the higher the curse level the more blood need to bleed it out making certain high level curses to dangerous to remove if the will is weak.

~ Extra ~
Praise the Jess

Other
The good doctor uses his metal can like a fencing blade when needed having dabble in the combat style here, and there.

Has a talent for Botany, and chemistry as required for his craft.

"Do not touch the bag or the mask please, and thank you."

Attachments

• 1605903987218.png
    1605903987218.png
    500.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

"I want to be your nap and forever dream together. As if nothing was wrong. The magical moments, the glowing night sky. They're engraved in my heart."

Basic Information

Name:
Rhea Asturias

Race:
Human

Magic Source:
Pact

Biography

Personality:
Quiet. Not just quiet, mute, actually. That's the first thing most notice. After suffering some psychological shock in her childhood, Rhea was rendered mute and hadn't spoken a single word since. Beyond that, she has a sweet and optimistic mindset. If a cupcake were to be personified, it would be Rhea. She is full of life and cares greatly for people and is quite perceptive when it comes to those around her especially those that choose to stick around.

When it comes to such a sweet person, it's almost hard to believe she'd been cursed at all. Because of this most tend to stay away, or she stays away if she's able to allow herself to. Though she can be considered hopelessly naive, she isn't completely stupid. She tries to keep a certain distance from others and is very understanding when others do so to her as well. Throughout her trials she has matured greatly over the years but has not yet lost that childlike sense of wonder.

Though she has accepted the loneliness that comes with the curse, she doesnt accept that it will last forever. Giving up isn't in her vocabulary. She is persistent when it comes to anything she sets her sights on. She is also a very patient bean who is very hard to anger or put down. Her body may be weak but her spirit is stronger than steel.

Notes:
⇁As most people who don't often get angered, she doesn't know how to control her temper when she does. She can get really petty or even violent when angered enough. She will definitely cry if you do push her to that point as she does not like being mean.

⇁Lacks confidence in herself or her skills because of her pampered beginnings. She had always had people to do things for her since she wasn't in the best of health to start with. Now that she's more or less on her own, there's a lot of uncertainty.

Rhea was born sickly and cursed just as many of her ancestors were before her. No one knows exactly who was cursed first, who did the cursing, or why they were cursed to begin with. It's widely believed that they had provoked the ire of some divine being. Others believe it started with The Great Mage War as many of the mages in their family had ties with necromancers or were necromancers themselves. The only thing that is certain is that the past has long been blurred over by the curse itself.

The curse in question runs through their bloodline. What is known to the public is their infamous bout of bad luck. Every family member is stuck with it. Things not meant to hit them may ever so coincidentally change its trajectory, things they throw will miss, if there's a probability of being mugged, they will be. It's a minor hex but a major inconvenience. That isn't to say they can't get lucky. Probability simply isn't on their side most of the time.

Realistically, the bad luck is more of a coincidental side effect. The true curse is the memory loss that comes with it. It has a different effect on different members of the family but at its core, the usage of mana comes at the cost of their memories.

While one would think that one could just not use it and move on through life peacefully but the Asturias were a prideful bunch. They were once prosperous nobles with distant ties to the royal family. They had a long line of powerful mages to pride themselves in as well. When the discovery of the curse first came out, it was decided that there was no way they'd bow to some curse.

It was that pride that became their undoing. They saw it as something minor that wouldn't affect them too much. They didn't even bother to find a way to dispel it when it was still manageable. They'd never thought it'd affect the later generations. What was once a large and formidable clan had overtime lessened to a small number of 70 people. With their bad luck, there were many deaths, a few massacres, and low fertility issues. Given enough time, the clan will eventually be no more.

When Rhea was born, it came as a surprise to her parents. They were the first of many generations to have more than one child. They considered her a gift from the gods themselves even if she was born weak. She and her brother were treasured dearly and raised as well as they could have been. Though the Asturias were still considered nobles, they were going through hard times.

Though they were well off, they did not live the extravagant lifestyle most other nobles had the pleasure of experiencing. They never had to worry about food but would have some trouble seeking proper tutelage in wizardry once they were old enough to make the decisions themselves. Originally Rhea wanted to live a mundane life and not worry about the curse. She got along well with her brother and her parents and thought life was perfect even if she never grew strong enough to get out of bed.

Life was good.

It was a shame her brother didn't feel it was enough. He had discovered an ancestor's journal one day and dove straight into the art of necromancy. Originally it started off as an attempt to find a solution to his younger sister's illness. Rhea became severely sick every now and then and was eventually prohibited from leaving home at all out of fear they'd lose her. At the time, things weren't going well and her life was in peril.

Unlike Rhea, Kaelen was born stronger than most in his family. He didn't have to worry about himself but he cared for his family dearly. If he could ensure their longevity, that'd be enough. He had thought this but quickly became obsessed the more he learned. He practiced with the corpses in his family's grave at first. It was easy working with souls who had less baggage on them as most of their ancestors did. With the loss of their memory came the loss of their own wills.

What came next, Rhea never saw coming. She was blissfully unaware of her brother's plans. Her parents must have been caught unaware as well. On that night they were the first to perish. Kaelen had planned on just using his father for the experiment but then his mother tried to intervene. It didn't work out as he had wanted it to. Nothing worked as planned. The only reason Rhea came out of it alive was because he wasn't satisfied with the results.

After killing his parents he couldn't stay. He disappeared and she was sent to another relative to be cared for. The experience rendered her mute and in a state of shock for some time. People talked as they often do. Some even thought she was in on it. How else would it explain why she had survived unscathed? Regardless, it didn't matter what they said, the life she knew was taken and Rhea was left with two options. Sit around and wait for him to return and finish the job or learn to protect herself for when the time comes.

She chose the latter. As the heiress to whatever was left behind, Rhea focused on spending her time and energy preparing for the worst. She dug up the dusty tomes her ancestors left behind and studied. She then ran into another problem, mana. She was born with very little and couldn't establish a proper connection to it.

She had to find another means.

And she did, after much research, she came across some useful information regarding pacts. Surely a higher being would have the power to help her! It took a lot of effort, money, and familial connections but eventually she got her hands on a method to summon an entity she believed to be an angel. What else would her family try to summon but a righteous being to assist them?

She was wrong. The text was old and almost illegible. The being's name had long faded with time. Whatever she was summoning, it had to be ancient. Though she had thought she was summoning an angel, what she got instead was a demon. The two met one another at just the right time. The being seemed to yearn for freedom of some sort and Rhea was desperate and very much willing to lend a hand in exchange for some power.

The "demoness" was rather kind, talking her through everything and helping her set the terms so it wouldn't fall too out of her favor. At any rate, she'd end up an empty husk at some point. There'd be no point in living if she couldn't figure out a way to break the curse so she rolled with it anyway. She'd taken the risk of losing all her precious memories the moment she'd ventured onto the path of magic, after all.

After the pact was made, it took some time to get used to. With the Demon's power, her health took a turn for the better. Walking was a challenge. She had some things to relearn and a greater deal to still learn. Even with a demon to help guide her in the right direction, this was something Rhea couldn't do on her own. Furthermore, the longer she remained, the easier she would be to find. Under the cover of darkness, she left Lyst behind her and began her journey to Fenring.

Magic

Weapon:
Delu
ca5e84f6553380d94936f43382b9f14d.gif

Rhea makes use of a stringless bow. It was an heirloom left behind from her mother's side of the family. The bowstring only manifests when someone of the Vilieu bloodline holds it. As for the arrows, she normally makes them out of her and Ajuna's mana herself. She could use a normal arrow and she does carry them with her, but she is more prone to missing when she does. It takes immense concentration to use the bow properly, if she were to lose focus, the string would snap and the arrow may backfire on her.

Magic Source:
Pact

The details of the pact include access to Arjunas mana as well as her magic and demonic powers. She will also lessen the severity of her curse's side effect. Rhea won't have to worry about getting struck by a stray bolt of lightning but will still have to worry about the amnesia that comes with using mana.

In exchange comes the cost of her body. She offered herself as a Vessel since she will have no use for it later once she forgets everything. In the meantime, Arjuna is free to manifest in the world in a shell. If necessary, she is allowed to make use of her body. The extra vessel the two share is a toddler-sized stuffed rabbit. Rhea isn't a fan of watching her body move on its own with her in it so she happily accepts being transferred into the bunny instead should Arjuna choose to trade temporarily.

Magic:
Mana orbs/Arrows
Rhea condenses the mana she borrows from Ajuna's reservoir into little balls that can be imbued with different effects depending on what circle she traces on her palm beforehand. Though she uses no ink, the memory of the circle remains long enough for her to form an orb the size of a tennis ball. With this orb, she can throw it, or she can mold it into an arrow. Most of her arrows do not impale others. Rather, they strike them with sheer force or are enchanted with some kind of effect.

Types so far:
Net arrow
As the name suggests, when the arrow strikes its mark, rather than piercing, it unravels into a net to entangle the target. The longer the charge, the larger the size of the net.

Reversal arrow
When struck, left is right, up is down. The target's sense of direction is inverted for a few minutes. Longer charge ↠ longer effect

Lightning Arrow
She can charge an arrow with a lightning spell. It was originally meant to just paralyze a foe but she soon learned that a lightning charged arrow can pierce through one target and into another. Longer charge ↠ More force

Cursed Arrow/s
Being struck by this arrow would slow you. Having multiple strike the ground at least within five feet near you can create a little field that can gradually drain you of your mana. While mages can take mana from their surroundings, Rhea managed to accidentally reverse that process and have it taken back.

Passive: Bad Luck/Amnesia
Although Arjuna keeps the worst of luck at bay but the curse is by no means broken. As a result, her aim without assistance is awful. Unlucky events are still very much common. Every time she uses mana (hers, or Arjuna's) she loses something as well. It could be something as minor as what she last ate for breakfast or something as major as forgetting where she is.

Extra hardly even worth mentioning:
She can trace a word into the air with mana if she has trouble communicating with another. Because it dissipates in seconds, there isn't usually time for more than one word unless the person is a fast reader and wants to give Rhea a headache. It's time consuming and doesn't really serve much of a purpose. Honestly, she'd rather not bother but some people don't always get what she's trying to get across. Helpful if she doesn't have anything to write with or on.

[[It probably should also be noted that while Rhea has access to everything Arjuna offered, she isn't quite sure how to make use of it properly. Not to mention it's dangerous as things could backfire without warning. She is a pacifist through and through. If she can avoid hurting someone or something, she will. ]]

Extra
⇁Keeps a journal to remember important things. It'd be a shame if she were to forget her identity completely, people around her, or what motivates her.

⇁Carries around a toddler-sized doll of a hooded bunny for Arjuna to wander about in and explore freely. It is simply a temporary shell for either of them to use depending on who is making use of her body at the time. Pros: Soft, cute, easy to carry around, Easy to fix should it get damaged. Cons: No fingers. Smol, Not the most durable shell. Soggy when wet. Can't talk.

-Adept at writing mirrored due to communication issues.

⇁Theme: "Nap of a Star" TxT

⇁Color: #F9FF8E

⇁FC: C.C (Code Geass)

⇁Ily5 Jess

deabcba39839303d70f8746dba45d83d.png

• Creative
Reactions: RedArmyShogun