Purgatory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gah I'm indecisive again but whatever. FOR THE FINAL TIME, I AM EDITING MY CHOICE. Kat I'm sorry I'll put you on standby mode or maybe somewhere else like an MG but this game, I just can't. Since this is a pseudo throw back to earlier times especially with the GM choices of PCs : |
tumblr_mwl7h2Vre61qexv7do4_250.png

Dossier File of Project Subject Designated X-23. Former top assassin of top level clearance organization The Facility. Current whereabouts, unknown.

Name:
After 22 failed attempts of combining the damaged genetic sample of the subject Weapon X with a new duplicate X-chromosome, the 23rd proved viable to combine with an embryo. Nine months after trials began, the first successful female clone of Weapon X was born, henceforth known as X-23. Took to the name Laura Kinney in place of the government designation and in honor of her late mother.

Canon:
Numerical designation as Earth-616

x23_logo.png

Abilities/Equipment:

As the genetic female clone of Weapon X, subject X-23 shares in his powers and abilities, if not personality. Her primary mutation is an accelerated healing factor even superior to Weapon X's. Her healing factor can fix up gunshots, slashes and puncture wounds within seconds. X-23's healing extends to even the reattachment of lost limbs as well as making her immune system impervious to practically all diseases, infections, drugs and toxins as well as dramatically lowering her natural aging process. Her physical attributes[senses, strength, speed, agility, reflexes/reactions, coordination, balance, and endurance] are all on the superhuman level. Born and raised in the care of the Facility left her an absolutely lethal killing machine, honed and mentally acute. The subject is trained in the usage of long range and explosive weaponry as well as in-depth knowledge of poisons but is not specialized in them. Her true specialization is in close combat techniques. Highly proficient in a number of different martial arts styles and enhanced further by her retractable adamantium claws. Virtually indestructible and capable of slicing through almost anything with ease.

Bio:
A top-secret program is tasked to replicate the original experiment that bonded adamantium to the skeleton of Weapon X. The project is taken in a new direction: Dr. Martin Sutter recruits renowned mutant geneticist Doctor Sarah Kinney to develop a clone of Wolverine. Also on the team is Sutter's protege, Dr. Zander Rice, who was raised by Sutter after his father was killed by the original Weapon X. Since the only genetic sample from Weapon X is damaged, Kinney is unable to salvage the Y chromosome. Kinney proposes the creation of a female genetic twin. Her request is denied; Rice is opposed to the idea. After 22 failed attempts at reconstituting the DNA using a duplicate X chromosome, the 23rd sample yields a viable sample to combine with an embryo. Although Kinney is allowed to proceed, Rice exacts revenge for her insubordination by forcing her to act as the surrogate mother of the specimen. For nine months, Kinney's every move is monitored. Finally, she gives birth to "X-23." After seven years, Rice subjects X-23 to radiation poisoning in order to activate her mutant gene. He extracts her claws, coats them with adamantium, and reinserts them back into her hands and feet – a procedure performed without affording the child any anesthetic. Rice creates a "trigger scent" that drives X-23 into a murderous rage when she detects it. Shortly thereafter, Rice assigns X-23 to eliminate Sutter and his family. He orders her to keep it secret. X-23 reveals to Sarah that Rice is responsible for the murders. Before Sarah leaves, Rice reveals a chamber containing the incubation pods for subjects X-24 through X-50. Kinney drafts a letter to her daughter, assigning her a final mission: destroy the pods and kill Rice. X-23 succeeds and meets her mother, and they prepare to flee. However, prior to his death, Rice exposed Kinney to the trigger scent. X-23 goes into a murderous frenzy and kills her mother. As she lies dying, Kinney tells X-23 that her name is Laura and that she loves her, and hands her the letter and pictures of CHarles Xavier, Wolverine, and the Xavier Institute. A promise of a new life.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
Gah all you people doubting your choice has me doubting my choice. Especially considering the character I might swap for.

I had reasons and they were good ones : |

• Useful
Reactions: Jeremi
Effective immediately I will be recasting the role of Snake as:

latest

Fear not, my disciple. I'm actually sticking with my first choices. God doesn't make mistakes.

Don't worry. Gwen has chill.

• Thank You
Reactions: C.T.
Kay, glad you joined. Unfortunately, Jo is a bit high tier for this RP. So please choose someone else.

Clarification btw, will be running this by next week, so plenty of time to choose guys.

EDIT: Btw guys, yes I'mma be phone bound till Sunday, maybe. Will try to keep up with RPs I'm invested in as well as with my blog posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

the20black20knight_zpskffz8iym.jpg

"I am the Black Knight!"

Name
Real name unknown.
Known far and wide both to high nobles and peasants alike as just..

The Black Knight.

Canon

Black Knight/Black Knight 2000

Abilities/Equipment
The Black Knight's origins are shrouded in mystery and prone to rumors/misconceptions/tall-tales and the like. But there are some, few as they are who managed to escape a bout with the Black Knight with their lives. How long they kept them afterwards as the Black Knight would doggedly pursue them so that they could not pass on whatever theories they may have had of any potential weaknesses and to drive home the fear that the villagers should have had of him and his power. Before their grisly demises however, the few survivors have been able to speak of the Black Knight's equipment so that future heroes might hopefully stand a chance against the legendary knight.

His armor which coats him from head to toe is said to have increased his strength beyond that of any mortal man. Whenever his castle was under siege, he himself went out to handle the threat even if that threat was made up of multiple swordsmen and the like. It also allows him to take far more damage than a normal man could afford to stomach. It has often been a subject of debate as well if the armor has a will of it's own given how it's seemingly through the armor's influence that after the Black Knight eventually meets his end at the hands of a faithful hero, he'll rise once more sometime after. This might also explain why the Black Knight-if it's even the same man under the armor-has been seen in the far-flung year of 2000, having taken over a techno-futuristic kingdom and claimed it as his own. Whether or not the Black Knight can still be considered human after putting on the armor has also been put up for questioning. The few survivors noted that the Black Knight's eyes glowed red. "Like a demon straight out of the rings of Hell!" one of them stated in particular and that his voice sounded more akin to the booming baritone of a monster than any mortal man. None of those who have managed to defeat the Black Knight in combat have stayed around long enough to give any direct answers as to whether or not the Black Knight is more of a monster than a man. Perhaps the world may never truly know for sure.

It is not known when exactly the entity who would eventually take upon the title of Black Knight gained his enchanted sword simply known as Conqueror. Or where he even claimed it from. Some of the rumors say it was witchcraft that gave his sword it's properties, another claimed that the Black Knight traveled into the bowels of Hell itself to gain the sword straight from the Devil's heart. Whatever the case may be, it is a fact that it's blade has claimed the lives of those who would dare to oppose the iron-fist rule of the Black Knight. With only a wave of his hand, the double-sided blade is engulfed in a blaze of fire Which strangely enough does not bother the Knight. Perhaps due to an immunity of some sort? Or has the blade changed him into something more than a human?

The flames from Conqueror can be manipulated in a variety of ways, depending on how sadistic the Knight feels when taking out one an adversary. He can swing it like a flail and launch fireballs. Provided the Knight keeps up the frequency of his swings, a whole cluster of fireballs could be set upon his foe. He can also blast a powerful stream of fire from either end and no amount of water can put out the fire upon the blade for Conqueror's flames are seemingly eternal. Even if the Black Knight were to perish, his flames would live on until he rose once more. It also remains loyal to the Black Knight just as his armor does for if someone other than him were to attempt to hold it, the flames would burn their hands and force them to drop it until the Black Knight could reclaim it for himself.

Despite the intimidating stature that the Black Knight carries, there are warriors capable of taking him on in hand to hand and even being able to come out on top. Although the Black Knight himself would never admit that any man who opposes him could even come close to grasping victory, he wields a shield made out of the same metal as his armor. He rarely finds a use for it due to being so full of his own power. But if the situation proves to be more than the Knight could have ever expected, he draws his shield and uses it in conjecture with Conqueror. He can even light the sides of his shield with Conqueror's flames to give it an extra 'kick' if he were to try and bash his opponent with it.

The last but certainly not the least in the Black Knight's arsenal is his trusty stead. This is often the very last thing the survivors of an encounter with the Black Knight see for this black horse that reeks with the morbid smell of death can remember the scent of those it's master has come across and will trek them down to the ends of the Earth so that their lives may be forfeit for his blade. This horse goes by the name of Midnight for it's hide is just as dark and it moves during the night with an almost elegant grace to it. While Midnight usually leaves the fighting up to the Black Knight, it's not afraid to get it's hooves dirty if it truly must. It's stronger than an average horse-thus it's capable of easily knocking aside four or perhaps even more armored men without much effort on it's part. It also has it's own set of armor which while not as durable as it's master's own armor is capable of fending off a sword strike or cushioning a blow from an arrow or the like. If the Black Knight has no need for Midnight at the moment, he can dispel them away and call them back when necessary.

Bio

As is the case with everything else about the man who would become the Black Knight,all of what is said to be known about his past has never been officially confirmed. The generally passed-along anecdote however is that the man who would grow up to become the Black Knight was just a measly squire who had ambitions far greater than someone of his position could ever hope to achieve. Serving under one of the most note-worthy and most recognized knights of that era, the squire was often told that he was thinking far too much of what he as a squire could hope to accomplish in his life, especially while he was stuck in the shadow of his knight.

Wanting to go out and forge a name for himself, the squire set out on a quest to find a set of armor that he had heard about from the town oracle. She warned of it being cursed and that bad fortune would follow the squire if he were to find it and put it on. Naturally, being young and headstrong the squire failed to heed her warnings.

Trekking through the forests and mountains, the squire eventually found a suit of armor and a sword laying nearby. Briefly recalling the Oracle's words, the squire quickly brushed it off as hogwash before adorning the armor anyhow and picking up the sword. Much to his surprise and horror however, the sword was quickly set alight by a ferocious blaze and the squire was confused as to why the flame did not hurt him. In fact he did not feel anything at all from the flames. Before he could get adjusted to his new items however, he could see a pillar of smoke rising from his village. Making his way back as quickly as he could, he noticed that everyone in the village had been slaughtered while he was away. Even the highly renowned knight he had served under.

The Oracle's words had come true. In exchange for the power that his new armor would bring him, he'd be tormented by the price that it had taken from him which in this case was his village. Summoning his horse which he gave the moniker of Midnight, he rode off into the darkness and baring the weight of his village's demise on his shoulders, the former squire goes out of his way to inflict the same pain on others. Thus was how the legend of the Black Knight continues, even into the future long after the concept of knights and kings has died out, a being calling himself the Black Knight and appearing just like the one from so long ago showed himself and took over a city and established it as his own techno-feudal kingdom.

The Black Knight's reign would never end! For he rides again and will never rest, never stay down! The shrill neigh of Midnight breaks through the night air as the Black Knight cackles and rides to find his next victim! Run, run, run to the hills for your lives! But even then it cannot be assured you'll live through the night if the Black Knight is after you! Just close your eyes and pray he'll pass over you or pray for him to spare your life!

PPS-16P-500-101RL_zpse0j0ok9x.jpg

(PS The Black Knight is meant to swap out for Chara, meaning it'd be Frisk and The Black Knight.)

Last edited:
Kay, glad you joined. Unfortunately, Jo is a bit high tier for this RP. So please choose someone else.

Clarification btw, will be running this by next week, so plenty of time to choose guys.

EDIT: Btw guys, yes I'mma be phone bound till Sunday, maybe. Will try to keep up with RPs I'm invested in as well as with my blog posting.
Hrgh I'm actually having trouble thinking of a character weaker than Jotaro. But I swear I'll have one.
I want to say that's Superior Spiderman.

Doc Ock in his body.
It is, I recall that scene.

Oh.

I stopped a bit into Superior Spiderman.

Don't mind me.

Whoever you end up picking, glad to have you aboard with us, KayKay. Same to you as well, Barren.

DUE TO OTHER UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES THE OLD CS IS BEING PUT BACK WHERE IT CAME FROM

btw Jeremi it means korra's open if you're still grumpy with me about that : |

@Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.