Purgatory: Come and See.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Don't give me that, Mister..." She tilted her head to the side to look at what he had written in the cavern wall with his knife. "...Meta! You're under the same obligation as all the rest of us, because we just got here! Wherever and whenever here is and however we happened to get here. Unless you know anything about it or who's responsible or especially if you're responsible, then maybe you can claim that! But if none of that applies to you, then you should at least try to be nice, it won't kill you. It's not a disease." She waved her hand playfully, dismissing the very thought.

"However, you have a point. We don't need each other threatening one another! The next person to do so or imply it will have their legs broken." She smirked, a mad twinkle in her eye before she skipped along, approaching a more familiar face.

"Yang, is that you?!"

tumblr_n22r4ifC3r1tujxqto1_500.gif

Meta simply shrugged off Nora's reply. She was free to think whatever she liked and he doubted arguing with her would have gotten him anywhere. Just as he had his suspicions about his partnership with Wash, he had his own about allying with any of the others here. If it was to be done for their 'survival' then it was a joke. He hadn't needed anyone's help before and he certainly didn't need it now.

He really wished he had someone or something to hit however.
Karen just flashed the man a wide smile. "Wow, a cosplayer not just in looks but in spirit! That's pretty cool, you know. But..." she looked up at him. "Aren't you a little old for that?"​

Karen decided to poke the gun, seemingly ignoring the tension in the air. "Is that real? How'd you get a real gun?" Perhaps she felt it was just part of the show.
tumblr_nod5ica56Y1u2sh66o2_400.jpg

Tilting his head as Karen approached and began poking at the Brute Shot in a rather curious manner, the Meta let out a small growl of annoyance. Didn't anyone teach this girl to not touch things that didn't belong to her? He had half a mind to spike her across this place for that.

But now simply wasn't the time and so he'd merely nod at the first question and that'd have to suffice. He didn't have to explain anything else to this girl.
This was bad.

This was really, really bad.

The personality core continued through the ruined facility, the transit rail creaking and shuddering as it crawls across the rusted and smoldered metal. It's shimmering blue eye frantically scanned through the test subject storage facilitities, each one looking like a kind family room. Except..wracked with destruction and chaos ever since "she" had done what she did. It was all very frightening, really. Wheatley was not a fan.

"This one? No, no-- Ah! Here we g-- Ah, no! Well, uh..maby...AH THERE Y-- NOO!"

Wheatley exasperated as he continued through the empty facility. That one living test subject, the one that managed to somehow survive this mess. He knew she was around here somewhere..somewhere, somewhere, somewhere. The perfect plan to escape the research center, avoid waking "her" up and go on to..well, actually, Wheatley never considered what he would do if he ever got out of this mess. Maby be a dentist? Human teeth are always filthy, he could clean it.

...Except, except he doesn't have arms. Would be pretty tough, wouldn't it? So many thoughts flooded his synthetic mind, all of them immediatly dropping the moment he found it. The right door, Wheatley had finally found it. The 5-step plan was now a-go. Activated. Operated. Abunch of other fancy word and the lot!

Step 1; Wake up!
Step 2; Find the girl!
Step 3; Find a way out of the research center!
Step 4...eh, erm..
Step 5; Become a dentist!

The perfect escape plan was ago. The transit real whined to a stop as Wheatley would be staring at the door. His small blue eye twitched as he examined it. Yep, looked like the right one. The personality core would ponder briefly before playing a sound..of a door knocking. A shame he lacked arms to actually knock with.

*knock, knock, knock*

"Hello? Is anyone in there?"

*knock, knock, knock*

"Hellooo? Are you..gonna open the do--" The door suddenly opens, Wheatley jumping. "AH! Oh, god, you look terri-- ah, eh, good! Looking good, actually. Now.."

Wheatley would pause his process when he notices..nothing. No one there. Zilch. Nada. Complete lack of life. "Wait, what..?" he quietly questions...when everything suddenly turns to white.

~~~~

A small, round white mechanical object would be lying in the snow. It isn't moving..

@EVERYONE
For everything else that had occurred since he awoke in this mysterious place, something did catch the Meta's eye. There seemed to be some type of mechanical device laying dormant in the snow. Nobody else seemed eager to claim it so why not him?

Stomping towards it, he'd glance down at the object. It kind of reminded him of that device Wash and him had stumbled across that shot a laser at them. The 'floating eye' as Wash had referred to it as. Meta had about the same reaction. Reaching down he sought to pick up the object.

Then proceeded to shake it violently. To see if it would turn on after some prodding of course.

tumblr_n9l0vh97S41r2anbro1_400.gif

@OrlandoBloomers @C.T. @Saint Guillotine @Schnee Corp Lawyer @BarrenThin @El Tigre! @Thuro The Assassin Potato @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lissamel @Jeremi @Atomyk @Josh M

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BarrenThin
Karen just flashed the man a wide smile. "Wow, a cosplayer not just in looks but in spirit! That's pretty cool, you know. But..." she looked up at him. "Aren't you a little old for that?"​

Karen decided to poke the gun, seemingly ignoring the tension in the air. "Is that real? How'd you get a real gun?" Perhaps she felt it was just part of the show.​

"I pride myself on my years; I'm never too old for anything. But, I must ask again what you mean by cosplay." The thirteen foot tall warrior crouched to look her in the eye, the impersonal helmet giving way to a partially visible face. "I always knew humans were odd, but... don't go poking the Meta. He's rather irritable. Now, your name, little one?"

@Kaykay
@TheSpringwoodSlasher

Prologue: Blind Injustice

vaQCDfV.png

Clak clak clak clak clak clak clak

The constant clicking of his cane against the sidewalk, tapping out a beat like a steady metronome with each step he took. The early-afternoon twittering of birds in trees, the faraway screech of tires on tarmac, the erratic smatterings of peoples' footsteps as they went about their lives. Each sound, every one of them distinct and unique in their own way, told a story all on its own; somewhere, a door shut. Somewhere else, a dog rummaged through garbage. Elsewhere still... well... that one might be better off left unmentioned. You get the idea. All around him, the city took deep breaths, its inhabitants coursing through its veins like blood. Just another day in suburban New York. Even with all that, Queens was like a library next to the tumultuous uproar that was Hell's Kitchen. He kinda liked it.

The cane. The birds. The dog. These were all things he could hear, but never see. He saw nothing through those blank, clouded pupils; hadn't since childhood. Crimson shades reflected a world of paper right back out, the eyes within comprehending nothing. Seeing nothing.

Then again, seeing wasn't everything.

He had a plethora of other talents at his disposal to make up for it. Smiling, he politely nodded to a passing elderly woman in the street and slowed his pace to a contemplative walk a ways down the footpath, eventually coming to a halt entirely before a row of innocuous houses. He briefly glanced upwards, holding his breath and attuning his senses; defective eyes drifting shut, the man letting his ears do the perceiving for him. Like he said... a plethora. Seemingly satisfied, he veered off the sidewalk after a moment to stroll down the driveway to one house in particular, convinced he wasn't being tailed.

He should've listened harder.

Some distance away, situated at the far end of the block and perched lithely atop a bungalow, a figure clad in white watched the man's movements intently. She was too far-off for his hearing to pick up without knowing what he was looking for, her strong heartbeat just one of many. The fuchsia-adorned web patterns on her arms and hood pretty much broadcasted her motif right off the bat, and the thin fabric coverings obscuring her eyes were currently narrowed as she watched the man approach the domestic dwelling.

3IEId9o.png
Matt Murdock, attorney at law. A loooooooooong way from home. Too far. Way, WAY too far for comfort.
3IEId9o.png
Also, hi. Internal commentary. I do that. 'Specially when I'm nervous, and right now I'm an 11 on a scale of prom date to hostage situation so deal with it. Why is he here?!????

Dropping her stance lower and pressing her fingertips to the roof tiling, she deftly crawled over the edge and down the wall one step at a time. This had to be a coincidence, right? He was a lawyer. He must've been here for her dad. Legal business, client contracts needing finalizing, something like that. He wasn't here for Spider-Woman, no way. She didn't even live here anymore. This might've been Gwen Stacy's house once, but when she put the ol' mask and tights on there was nothing connecting her to-

Oh.

#$%@.

vaQCDfV.png

0bkfFVM.png

"Captain Stacy. Afternoon. Is Gwen home?"

For a moment, there was nothing but silence. On one side of the door, George Stacy, captain of the NYPD. Loving father to Gwen Stacy, also known by the press and citizens of New York as "Spider-Woman". Her true identity was a secret known only to herself and George, his silence maintained to protect his daughter. On the other side, Matthew Murdock. Decorated criminal defense lawyer, known for his track record of getting clients acquitted. Ostensibly visually impaired, but sometimes seemed just a little bit too aware for a blind man. Earnest, intelligent...

...and right-hand man of Wilson Fisk, alias "The Kingpin". Notorious organized crime boss, murderer, and all-around nasty piece of work. He'd had dealings with the police department numerous times, almost all of which involved Fisk and were about as legitimate as a Bigfoot sighting. Greased palms and veiled threats were the norm with Matt Murdock. And now he was here, at his house.

Stacy didn't respond, instead allowing a tense silence to settle over the scene as the two men stared each other down. There was no need. After the initial shock packaged with seeing Murdock surface here of all places, the first thing to flash in the police captain's eyes was understanding. This wasn't about him. There was only one reason he could be here.

He knew.

Dammit, Gwen. I taught you to be smarter than that.

The captain went for his gun, but his hand had barely finished twitching in his holster's direction when Murdock stepped forward and delivered a vicious headbutt to Stacy's nose, positioning his cane behind George's ankles and sharply shoving the man forward so he stumbled and landed hard on his back with a grunt. He tried, once again, to reach his gun, but Murdock stomped on his wrist and gave him a kick in the ribs for good measure, stooping down to almost gingerly scoop up the sidearm. Using a handkerchief to mask his fingerprints, he casually flicked the gun across the room and straightened up with a sniff, using the hankie to wipe the few flecks of blood from Stacy's nose off his forehead.

"Rude. So, like I was saying-- Gwen Stacy. 20 years old, Midtown High graduate. Studying at ESU, though with the amount of classes she cuts I use the term "studying" loosely. Drummer in a really crappy band, and-- I like this part-- daughter of NYPD captain George Stacy! One of about three cops in the bureau who aren't on Wilson Fisk's payroll. That's all just happenstance, though. I'll admit I was considering threatening your family to convince you to roll over, but when I started looking into your sole living relative-- sorry about the wife, by the way-- I got to thinking. And I started thinking that maybe, just maybe, two of my problems were really one and the same. I was disappointed in myself for not seeing it sooner, but, y'know. Blind."

The arrogant, self-assured smirk never left the attorney's face, even as he casually took off his sunglasses, tucked them away inside his shirt pocket and produced a black, nondescript bandana, tying it over his eyes and head while he spoke.

"I started thinking about Spider-Woman. And about how she has an unbelievable track record of saving you, Captain Stacy. It's been, what, three times now? Two of our own personal assassins have tried to rub you off, and both times they met resistance from the elusive woman in white. It could've just been coincidence, of course; maybe you were just on her radar after being so vehement about bringing her in a few months back, but I didn't think so. And imagine my surprise when I looked into young Gwen's extracurricular activities, and found... this."

He reached into his inner jacket once more, pulling out a neatly folded flyer of some sort for a rock band called the Mary Janes.

"Stupid name for a band, but whatever. Here's the neat part. Your daughter, Gwen; drummer for this group, right? Well, as it turns out... this is the same band whose gigs Spider-Woman's taken it upon herself to intervene in when things got out of hand. Twice."

He slipped the flyer back into his pocket, abruptly whipping his walking cane and letting it extend into baton form with a flik.

"And after that, I figured I could just come here and test a theory. So here we are."

Stacy had listened in silence throughout Murdock's entire spiel, but when it was over he just gave a derisive snort, spat and shook his head.

"I knew you were sick, but I didn't take you for a moron, Murdock. You're way off. And you just came here and admitted about 80 different felonies to a captain of the police force."

"I'm a very good attorney, Captain Stacy. You know that. Besides, even assuming I walk away from here without the immense leverage of knowing your daughter's secret, and assuming in such an event that you're still alive... what're you gonna tell them?"

He grinned.

"A blind guy did it?"

SMAAAAAASH

3IEId9o.png
Sorry, kitchen window. No time for subtlety. I'll always remember you.
Gwen landed on the kitchen tiles in a hail of shattered glass and splintered wood, poised in a half-crouched position with her fingers arched against the floor. She initially said nothing, letting her arrival speak for itself, staring daggers at the Kingpin's assassin across the room.

7BctJg2.png

After a few moments of silence, however, she spoke, a voice that seemed better-suited to sarcasm uncharacteristically dark in the moment and lightly muffled by her spandex facemask.

"You made a mistake, Murdock. Done goofed bigtime."

The killer seemed unfazed by her arrival, arching an eyebrow beneath his own minimalist mask and letting his smirk linger as he cocked his head.

"Au contraire. I think you showing up here pretty much confirms my theor--"

"No."

uoqVs90.png

"YOUR MISTAKE WAS COMING TO MY #$@% HOUSE!"

The syllables hadn't even left her mouth before she was simply gone, a blur of motion flipping and springing across the room in an erratic pattern to rock Murdock in the jaw with a killer left hook before he could so much as think of dodging. It was all he could do to roll with the damn thing, throwing himself backwards and handspringing into a crouch as he gritted his teeth and wiped away blood from his chin. She was so used to holding back, to putting a cap on her strength and speed for fear of hurting someone. Well, now she wanted to hurt this guy. He put his hands on her dad. Did that smug son of a bitch have any idea how bad he just #$@%ed up?!

Apparently not. He rose to his feet, still maintaining an air of smugness even now, holding his telescopic baton out in front of him in a professional stance.

"Careful, Gwen. I know your secret now, remember? Play your cards with me wrong and I can destroy your entire life--"

BAM. Murdock absolutely ate another punch to the jaw, sending him careening across the room to land in a heap of furniture as he shook his head to clear it. Growling, he kipped up to his feet and broke into a dash for his adversary, spinning the baton in his grip to lash out for the spider's center of mass. The strike was lightning-fast, precise, and carried the impact of a professional boxer's blows and then some. Most ordinary men and women wouldn't have had a snowball's chance in hell of avoiding it.

Gwen weaved around it like it was a thrown pillow, swinging in hard with her right fist to crack Murdock in the face once again with a dull thampf. Her fists were coated with a layer of webbing, acting as an impact absorber so she didn't have to pull her punches, and for as far as the man's intense training in speed and agility got him he might as well've been fighting with two broken legs. Everywhere he struck, it seemed like Gwen was elsewhere, and when he tried to duck her hits he found them raining down regardless.

Thump-thump.

Badum-thump.

Thumpathump.

Thump.

As good as his skills and radar sense were, physically Murdock was still just a man.

And she was a spider.

It seemed like it was over before it even began. Murdock lay in a bruised, battered heap on the floor, and Spider-Woman stood over him without so much as a scratch, fists clenched and breathing ragged. After a moment, she spoke.

"Hitting a blind guy never felt so good. Murdock, I pretty much speak for the entire city of New York when I tell you to SHUT UP. Kay?"

She didn't wait for a response, dropping a hand to her hip and raising the other to brandish a cell phone. It was powered on, the camera light illuminated to indicate it was recording.

"I got 95% of what you said to Captain Stacy on film, along with the total ass-beating I just gave you. Got that? I shouldn't have to explain what that means. Go. Get out of here, go back to doing whatever a creepy lawyer does in his free time. Keep everything you think you learned here to yourself, or mister video here goes viral. Doesn't matter how good a lawyer you are, you'll rot in jail where you belong for the rest of your life-- assuming mister Fisk doesn't send your replacement in to keep you from ratting. Don't say anything, just leave. And if you ever come near me or my family again, I won't even bother releasing the vid."

She crouched down to yank him by his tie, leering behind her mask as she finished.

"I'll just kill you. Now go."

Total bluff, but that was for her to know. To his credit (ech) Murdock didn't look scared, just... beaten, and he left with about as much dignity as he could muster after that beatdown. No posturing, no promises of revenge. He just shut up and left. If only more villains could've been like that.

Her dad was out cold after Murdock gave him a swift kick in the head to put him out of commission when the fight started, but she could tell he'd be fine. That said, she reeeeeally didn't wanna be around when he woke up to get a lecture, nor did she wanna deal with the cops when they showed up. Someone must've called by now, no doubt.

So... she made like a banana and split too, sighing to herself as she left through the back door and took off on a web-line, grateful as always for the telephone poles scattered around the neighborhood tall enough to swing on.

Unfortunately, she was so preoccupied by that little series of events she hardly even registered the oncoming wave of white destruction before she ran straight into it, her last sensation before blacking out the throb of her spider-sense buzzing in the back of her skull.

vaQCDfV.png

Some time later...

Gwen woke up a while after the others with a start, gasping as she clutched at her head groggily. The source of her rude and abrupt awakening, her spider sense, was still tingling like crazy, pounding against her skull to the beat of one of her drum solos. Ugh. She could feel a migraine brewing and it was not gonna be pleasant. C'mon, didn't she have enough to worry about without... whatever the heck this was?! She had band practice tonight! And supervillains!

Okay. She had to... say something. She didn't recognize any of these people, they might've been dangerous. Or crazy. Or both. She had to let them know she wasn't gonna be easy pickins' if they wanted to mess with her. C'mon, spider, bare your fangs. Make them fear you. It can't be that hard. Most of New York already does.

XGK42NZ.png

"Um... I eat children."

"..."

3IEId9o.png
Dot dot dot.

"...Bye."

With a sudden Thwipp and a sharp yank she was gone, swinging up and away into the darkness to find a high-up vantage point to cling to, survey the area and get some idea what kind of place they were in. It was obvious they were underground someplace, and that typically meant the way out was up... right?

@notags2k15​

Meta simply shrugged off Nora's reply. She was free to think whatever she liked and he doubted arguing with her would have gotten him anywhere. Just as he had his suspicions about his partnership with Wash, he had his own about allying with any of the others here. If it was to be done for their 'survival' then it was a joke. He hadn't needed anyone's help before and he certainly didn't need it now.

He really wished he had someone or something to hit however.

tumblr_nod5ica56Y1u2sh66o2_400.jpg

Tilting his head as Karen approached and began poking at the Brute Shot in a rather curious manner, the Meta let out a small growl of annoyance. Didn't anyone teach this girl to not touch things that didn't belong to her? He had half a mind to spike her across this place for that.

But now simply wasn't the time and so he'd merely nod at the first question and that'd have to suffice. He didn't have to explain anything else to this girl.

For everything else that had occurred since he awoke in this mysterious place, something did catch the Meta's eye. There seemed to be some type of mechanical device laying dormant in the snow. Nobody else seemed eager to claim it so why not him?

Stomping towards it, he'd glance down at the object. It kind of reminded him of that device Wash and him had stumbled across that shot a laser at them. The 'floating eye' as Wash had referred to it as. Meta had about the same reaction. Reaching down he sought to pick up the object.

Then proceeded to shake it violently. To see if it would turn on after some prodding of course.

tumblr_n9l0vh97S41r2anbro1_400.gif

@OrlandoBloomers @C.T. @Saint Guillotine @Schnee Corp Lawyer @BarrenThin @El Tigre! @Thuro The Assassin Potato @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lissamel @Jeremi @Atomyk @Josh M

rattlerattlerattlerattlerattlerattlerattlerattlerattlerattlerattlerattlerattlerattlerattlera--

"AAAAH!"

The device suddenly...screamed? The center part of the object suddenly sprung outward and open, revealing a large shining blue reticule. The blue pupil looked constrained, darting around in panic as the device suddenly started rattling as it spoke in a panicked, oddly human-sounding british accent.

"WHAT!? WHERE AM I!? AM I DEAD? IS..IS THIS WHAT ITS LIKE TO BE DEAD? JUST SNOW!? OH GOD, OH GOD OH GOD OH GOOOD! IM DONE! ITS OVER! MY PLAN OF ESCAPE AND...AND DENTISTRY IS RUINED OVER AN EXPLOSION! IT WAS HER FAUL-- NO, WAIT, ITS MY FAULT! NO..no, wait, NO! ITS HER FAULT, YEAH! SHE GOT ME INTO THIS PLACE AND NOW IM DEAD! AAAAAAA--"

The blue reticule suddenly expanded outward as it locked on at Meta.

tumblr_static_portal_2_wheatley_in_space_by_x_raited-d3gw0v3.jpg

"..Hello!" The small robot said, innocently.

@OrlandoBloomers @C.T. @Saint Guillotine @Schnee Corp Lawyer @BarrenThin @El Tigre! @Thuro The Assassin Potato @Kaykay @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Lissamel @Jeremi @Atomyk @Josh M @Somebodyanybody​

Arms folded Kaku would look on silently as the others continued their conversations. He wasn't quite sure what to do in this situation and he was quite sure that they weren't from the same world that he was from, which was another thing that he had a hard time grasping.

"Perhaps introductions are in order?" Kaku finally said aloud. "I'm Kaku, I work for an organization called Cipher Pol 9, and I'm quite sure we're not from the same worlds."

@OrlandoBloomers @C.T. @Saint Guillotine @Schnee Corp Lawyer @BarrenThin @El Tigre! @Thuro The Assassin Potato @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lissamel @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Atomyk @Josh M

rattlerattlerattlerattlerattlerattlerattlerattlerattlerattlerattlerattlerattlerattlerattlera--

"AAAAH!"

The device suddenly...screamed? The center part of the object suddenly sprung outward and open, revealing a large shining blue reticule. The blue pupil looked constrained, darting around in panic as the device suddenly started rattling as it spoke in a panicked, oddly human-sounding british accent.

"WHAT!? WHERE AM I!? AM I DEAD? IS..IS THIS WHAT ITS LIKE TO BE DEAD? JUST SNOW!? OH GOD, OH GOD OH GOD OH GOOOD! IM DONE! ITS OVER! MY PLAN OF ESCAPE AND...AND DENTISTRY IS RUINED OVER AN EXPLOSION! IT WAS HER FAUL-- NO, WAIT, ITS MY FAULT! NO..no, wait, NO! ITS HER FAULT, YEAH! SHE GOT ME INTO THIS PLACE AND NOW IM DEAD! AAAAAAA--"

The blue reticule suddenly expanded outward as it locked on at Meta.

tumblr_static_portal_2_wheatley_in_space_by_x_raited-d3gw0v3.jpg

"..Hello!" The small robot said, innocently.

@OrlandoBloomers @C.T. @Saint Guillotine @Schnee Corp Lawyer @BarrenThin @El Tigre! @Thuro The Assassin Potato @Kaykay @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Lissamel @Jeremi @Atomyk @Josh M @Somebodyanybody​
tumblr_mqf2y87D911rlg3fso2_400.gif

The Meta didn't consider himself by any means a dumb person. In fact he liked to think that he was smart enough to overcome any obstacles put in his path. But there was just something about this machine in particular that felt so kickable.

Perhaps it was because the voice reminded him slightly of Agent Wyoming and while the Meta had no real complaints working with him, the same couldn't be said for the others reception to him.

Or was there another reason? The Meta's mind, shattered and held together roughly as it was began to look through for what this thing was reminding him of.

Wait, that was it!

latest

He had cornered those simulation troopers and would have ripped them limb from limb. But than that orb showed up and distracted him. Wasn't his fault that the thing looked like it needed a good swat or too. It lead him away from the others and then sealed him and Wash from continuing after them thanks to a laser. Did this thing have a laser as well? It'd be something to watch out for in any case.

"Grrrr..." The growl by nature came off as aggressive but The Meta was more curious than anything else. More so about the inner workings of thing and what made it tick. It seemed to be able to feel fear. Perhaps it's AI could prove useful to him? All these answers would probably come in time.

But for now, he'd give the poor machine a playful swat to the side and then another. Then another one after that. Kind of like a cat pawing at a ball of yarn if a comparison had to be made.

@OrlandoBloomers @C.T. @Saint Guillotine @Schnee Corp Lawyer @BarrenThin @El Tigre! @Thuro The Assassin Potato @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lissamel @Jeremi @Atomyk @Josh M @Somebodyanybody

tumblr_mqf2y87D911rlg3fso2_400.gif

The Meta didn't consider himself by any means a dumb person. In fact he liked to think that he was smart enough to overcome any obstacles put in his path. But there was just something about this machine in particular that felt so kickable.

Perhaps it was because the voice reminded him slightly of Agent Wyoming and while the Meta had no real complaints working with him, the same couldn't be said for the others reception to him.

Or was there another reason? The Meta's mind, shattered and held together roughly as it was began to look through for what this thing was reminding him of.

Wait, that was it!

latest

He had cornered those simulation troopers and would have ripped them limb from limb. But than that orb showed up and distracted him. Wasn't his fault that the thing looked like it needed a good swat or too. It lead him away from the others and then sealed him and Wash from continuing after them thanks to a laser. Did this thing have a laser as well? It'd be something to watch out for in any case.

"Grrrr..." The growl by nature came off as aggressive but The Meta was more curious than anything else. More so about the inner workings of thing and what made it tick. It seemed to be able to feel fear. Perhaps it's AI could prove useful to him? All these answers would probably come in time.

But for now, he'd give the poor machine a playful swat to the side and then another. Then another one after that. Kind of like a cat pawing at a ball of yarn if a comparison had to be made.

@OrlandoBloomers @C.T. @Saint Guillotine @Schnee Corp Lawyer @BarrenThin @El Tigre! @Thuro The Assassin Potato @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lissamel @Jeremi @Atomyk @Josh M @Somebodyanybody
Wheatley looked at the individual holding him. A bulky fella, he was-- and he didn't look too amused. Wheatley was both fearful and interested, his small blue eye twitching slightly as he examines the person. And then the person...growled.

"Hey, hey, eaaasy now! Just sayin' hello, is all. Do you uh..do you know where we are?" The device said, its eye moving about in its shell to examine the area around. Nothin' but snow, thats just great. Fantastic, even. Wheatley expected a quick answer from Meta, but the being didnt seem like it wanted to. "Not much for words. Can you..jump, maby? Is jumping good?"

Silence

"No? No jumping? That's fine, see, I was just about t--"

*swat* "..Uh, ow. That wasnt very ni--"

*SWAT* "OW! Hey, can you, can you listen f--"

*SWAT* "OWW!"

Wheatly would silently whimper as he is left to the mercy of Meta.

@OrlandoBloomers @C.T. @Saint Guillotine @Schnee Corp Lawyer @BarrenThin @El Tigre! @Thuro The Assassin Potato @Kaykay @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Lissamel @Jeremi@Atomyk @Josh M @Somebodyanybody​

• Love
Reactions: BarrenThin
"I pride myself on my years; I'm never too old for anything. But, I must ask again what you mean by cosplay." The thirteen foot tall warrior crouched to look her in the eye, the impersonal helmet giving way to a partially visible face. "I always knew humans were odd, but... don't go poking the Meta. He's rather irritable. Now, your name, little one?"

@Kaykay
@TheSpringwoodSlasher
"Woah, that's so scary. Makes me wonder how you got something like that...wait, is that even legal?" Karen said to The Meta. Not that he was likely to answer. Though at Alonne's warning, she decided to back away slowly, keeping her eyes on the gun. And that sweet-looking armor. She may have been backing away, but one could see in her eyes that she seemed more excited than scared.

"I'm Karen! Karen Araragi! Oh, and do I really have to explain..." she grumbled before perking up again. "Well, um, Sir Alonne, it's when you dress up as another character, and sometimes you can pretend to be them too! Do you have stilts in that armor? I'm surprised you can manage to walk around like that!" The girl spoke fairly loudly, so Kaku would probably hear her introduction.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @BarrenThin @Jeremi

Wheatley looked at the individual holding him. A bulky fella, he was-- and he didn't look too amused. Wheatley was both fearful and interested, his small blue eye twitching slightly as he examines the person. And then the person...growled.

"Hey, hey, eaaasy now! Just sayin' hello, is all. Do you uh..do you know where we are?" The device said, its eye moving about in its shell to examine the area around. Nothin' but snow, thats just great. Fantastic, even. Wheatley expected a quick answer from Meta, but the being didnt seem like it wanted to. "Not much for words. Can you..jump, maby? Is jumping good?"

Silence

"No? No jumping? That's fine, see, I was just about t--"

*swat* "..Uh, ow. That wasnt very ni--"

*SWAT* "OW! Hey, can you, can you listen f--"

*SWAT* "OWW!"

Wheatly would silently whimper as he is left to the mercy of Meta.

@OrlandoBloomers @C.T. @Saint Guillotine @Schnee Corp Lawyer @BarrenThin @El Tigre! @Thuro The Assassin Potato @Kaykay @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Lissamel @Jeremi@Atomyk @Josh M @Somebodyanybody​
For the most part, the Meta ignored Wheatly's cries and pleas for the swatting to stop. As someone who had such a foreboding atmosphere at least among the simulation troopers with them fleeing at the sheer mention that 'The Meta' was on his way, he found some mild amusement in swatting this machine back and forth.

This one whined a lot more than the other machine had. That one taunted him as if he were some brutish-ape to be strung along on a leash. This one begged and pleaded for him to show it mercy and all he did was continue what he had been doing.

In the midst of yet another swat on Wheatly however, he paused and looked over his shoulder. The storage unit was still attached there. Just as it had been before everything went to hell. But who knew if the tools to work on it had survived the trip as well? He'd been in such a rush to try and escape the explosion that he might have left them behind. Maybe if he scavenged some bits and pieces from this machine, he'd be able to finish it so that it'd be primed and ready to go when he found Epsilon.

With that in mind he'd hold onto Wheatly with one hand and pulled the unit off his back with the other.

The next step was to see what this machine may have had inside it that could possibly speed the process along. Hopefully, someone would come and save Whealty from being torn asunder and his parts used to help Meta capture a rogue AI possibly later on down the line.

but he very much doubted it.

As for introductions? If anyone wanted to know who he was then all they had to do was look at the wall. He had carved his name in it and everything.

Arms folded Kaku would look on silently as the others continued their conversations. He wasn't quite sure what to do in this situation and he was quite sure that they weren't from the same world that he was from, which was another thing that he had a hard time grasping.

"Perhaps introductions are in order?" Kaku finally said aloud. "I'm Kaku, I work for an organization called Cipher Pol 9, and I'm quite sure we're not from the same worlds."

@OrlandoBloomers @C.T. @Saint Guillotine @Schnee Corp Lawyer @BarrenThin @El Tigre! @Thuro The Assassin Potato @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lissamel @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Atomyk @Josh M

"I am Alonne," he repeated a little louder so the others could hear.
"Woah, that's so scary. Makes me wonder how you got something like that...wait, is that even legal?" Karen said to The Meta. Not that he was likely to answer. Though at Alonne's warning, she decided to back away slowly, keeping her eyes on the gun. And that sweet-looking armor. She may have been backing away, but one could see in her eyes that she seemed more excited than scared.

"I'm Karen! Karen Araragi! Oh, and do I really have to explain..." she grumbled before perking up again. "Well, um, Sir Alonne, it's when you dress up as another character, and sometimes you can pretend to be them too! Do you have stilts in that armor? I'm surprised you can manage to walk around like that!" The girl spoke fairly loudly, so Kaku would probably hear her introduction.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @BarrenThin @Jeremi

"Oh... No, I assure you, I'm not wearing a costume." He took off his helmet to reveal an older Asian man's face, only his wasn't any normal sized head; it was very much the right size for someone of his height, and very real for what was supposedly a costume. "A pleasure, little Karen Araragi." He paused. "Hmph. Strange name, for a strange human, eh?" His features spread into a huge grin. It may be noted that he spoke as though he wasn't one, himself.

@OrlandoBloomers @C.T. @Saint Guillotine @Schnee Corp Lawyer @TheSpringwoodSlasher @El Tigre! @Thuro The Assassin Potato @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lissamel @Jeremi @Atomyk @Josh M

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Hey, Weiss, wanna go train?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The two were in the dorm that team RWBY shared together, the tournament fights done for the day. Blake and Ruby had gone out to look into something involving a certain Haven student that had nagged at Yang since their conversation earlier that morning, but Yang and Weiss had been ordered to stay behind to 'rest and prepare to kick all the butts come dawn' as Ruby had put it. The heiress' eyes flicked up from the book she was perusing through towards where Yang was lounging on her bunk, one eyebrow arched as she paused her reading. "You? Suggest something productive?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Yang waved her off "Yea yea you think its a miracle blah blah blah insert my suave humor and your snobby heiress 'tude here-"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"-Hey-"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"-but as much as I love our little verbal sparring matches I think an [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]actual[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] sparring match might be, y'know, more 'productive'" she said with little finger quotes. Weiss huffed and glowered for a moment, trying to find a response that wouldn't just play into either perceived ''tude' (what an absolutely pointless shortening of a perfectly serviceable word) or just outright agreed with Yang, because that would mean Yang winning and that wasn't allowed. On the principle of it. Yang smirked and took the opening the silence left, swinging her feet to the side so they were hanging off the side of the bed as she sat up and leaned forward. "Plus, today's match got me thinking and I have a few ideas I wanna try! To expand our strategic repertoire, enhance our external coordination, and other combinations of big words that makes you an agreeable dweeb whenever Neptune talks-oooook its ok Weiss that was a joke too soon apparently I'm sorry" Yang backpedaled with hands hung up apologetically at the sheer murder glare the heiress shot her at the mention.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"He's made it clear a [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]few[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] times now that he sees me no different than any other pretty face in a skirt. Mention that name again and the only sparring match is going to be your head versus the wall." Strangely it seemed to [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]specifically[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] be girls in skirts now that she thought about it e_e. She took a deep breath to calm herself before she nodded. "...That said… I suppose if you actually have an idea or two it would be remiss of us not to practice it before our next match. Not that we're going to [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]need[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] it, being you and I [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]and assuming we don't have to face Pyrrha and Nora first,[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] but extra preparation never hurts." she finished with a smirk[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Hella" Yang replied with a smirk of her own at the confident stance, hopping off the bed at the same time as Weiss and holding out her fist.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The heiress stared at it in confusion for a few seconds before she hesitantly put her hand on top of it and shook.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"...Really?" Yang asked, disappointment etched on every inch of her face[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"What? Was that not right? how was I supposed to know?!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Girl you've seen Sun and Neptune do this like ten times now, but nevermind that lets GO!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]-------------------------------------------------------------------[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I was wrong. Extra preparation like [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]this[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] can only hurt."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Weiss stood in the middle of the combat practicals classroom, a dull frown on her face at the sight before her. The two had started off with a few basic warmups and a quick duel to low aura damage levels that had went surprisingly even, and even then had a few scorch marks, sight dents, and leftover spikes of ice jutting from the ground. It had been fast, brutal, and while they'd been practicing as a duo for weeks, it helped nudge their cooperation just a little bit closer to the Perfection that Weiss strived for and the Awesome that Yang wanted them to be.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Aaaand then Yang had busted out her 'new ideas'. One of which she was haphazardly balancing on with a huge grin as it floated a foot off the ground beneath her.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"But the hoverboard was so [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]cool[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Weiss! When we saw it during our spying-"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"-Observation!" Weiss quickly corrected[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Right whatever, when we saw it during our 'observation', I knew that it was gonna be the best secret weapon we could possibly bust out!" Yang declared with a fiery smirk as she smashed her fists together. Almost knocking herself off balance in the process but not off beat as she continued "It fixes like, all of our weak spots"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"...How does [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]that[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] fix any of our weakspots!? And what weakspots are you even talking about?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well, apart from the [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]obvious[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] one of not being on cool hoverboards, it fixes our… uh…" Yang frowned and rubbed her chin. She'd been so caught up on the idea that she just… kinda forgot to think that far ahead, and she took a moment to actually figure out what those were. "...Our… upward mobility?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Weiss stared for a few seconds. "you mean besides the [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]semblance [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]you've seen me use for almost half a year and that[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] we've been practicing with for almost a month now to do exactly that."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well, yea, I [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]guess[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] even if it's not as cool. Buuuuut it also fixes our spe-"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"-Haste glyphs"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"...it can be used as a shiel-"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"-Half our strategies revolve [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]around[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] you being hit."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"...its…. its uh… intimidating?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The heiress' flat look somehow flattened even farther. "Yang. I'm going to compliment you. You can be scary at times. When your aura is low and you've been cut and bruised up, your semblance is charged, your hair is on fire and your eyes are burning that terrible red, you… can be rather intimidating."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"...Oh. Well, thanks I gue-"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"-BUT. You, there, on that thing? You look about as intimidating as a two year old trying to learn how to ride a bike. Who's blind."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"....Ah."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Weiss sighed and rubbed at her eyes. "Look. I can't say I'm mad that you were trying to bring something new to the table. Or that you put our observation to an attempt at good use. But there is just [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]no[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] way we'd be able to figure out how to ride one of those things in one night! Where did you even get the money for it?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Them."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Them?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well yea I bought one for the whole team! I didn't want anyone to feel left out!" Yang said with an almost comically motherly frown.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"...and?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"And what?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"and how did you pay for it?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Aaaah" Yang said with a nod as she rubbed the back of her head "Weeeelll, you remember how your card got declined this morning?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"...Yes." Weiss said, her eyes slowly narrowing.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Yang cackled maniacally as she clicked the 'purchase' button on ValeBay, seated at the Dorm's desk and on her scroll. "NOW WE WILL BE UNBEATABLE! MUAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"MUAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA" Ruby replied, not about to let her big sis laugh maniacally alone[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"WEEEHEHHEHEHEHEEEEEEE"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"NYEHEHEHEHEH-"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Please stop" Blake interrupted with an annoyed frown from where she was curled up on her bed reading[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh, heh, sorry Blake. But what were you talking about Yang?" Ruby asked as she poked her head[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Shush you'll find out at Christmas now C'mon we have more tourney prep to do I am SO PUMPED!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yea that was really awful no idea why that happened, heheh, heh…"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"..."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ok whatever I'll pay you back I promise."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"..."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"...I [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]pinky[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] promise!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"...??? What? I don't want your finger!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh my god you are literally hopeless sometimes. You. Will get. Your money back. BUT more importantly, sooo… don't like the idea?" Yang asked with an almost uncharacteristically dejected frown.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Weiss shook her head firmly. "No. No I do not."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Yang sighed. "Ok, ok, fiiiine. ugh, and I did all that practice learning that cool trick"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Unfortunate" Weiss replied, already turning to leave-[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"-AHEM. I [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]said[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] I did all that practice to learn that [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]cool[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] trick!" Yang cut Weiss off, a slightly wobble swoosh to in front of her as she gave a bright grin and waggled her eyebrows.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"...I heard you the first time?" Weiss said, hands raised up helplessly before attempting to gently push Yang to the side. "Now if you'll excuse m-"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"-Oh come on, don't you wanna see it?!" Yang said as she leaned back out of the way of the push and tried to grin even brighter.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"...Not really?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"....pleaaaaaaase?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Weiss stared at the sight before her, and an extreme indignation started to build in her gut at the sight before her. How dare she. How dare her [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]parents[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]. It was genetic. That look. That stupid, asinine, deplorable, cute, innocent, hopeful, godawful adorable puppy eye'd look. She got it from Ruby all the time, normally whenever she tried to curtail her terrible, sugar filled dietary habits. It was just [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]unfair[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] that Yang could do it too. It was like a big, fluffy, golden retriever, made even worse by the fact that she'd [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]never[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] seen Yang do that kind of look before.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"...Fine." She finally said with the eyeroll to end all eyerolls, shifting to the side and motioning for Yang to carry on with the show.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yes!" Yang fistpumped and swerved around to one end of the arena. "Are you ready?" she called over.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Shaking with anticipation." Weiss said, every bone in her body perfectly still.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Killjoy. Be prepared to be impressed anyways!" And with that, Yang leaned forward and sped off, set herself and…[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]...Did a kickflip.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]That was all.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]But damn was it one [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]good[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] kickflip. It was honestly perfect. The board's hover tech made it looped-de-loop around Yang instead of just flip, and she stuck the landing on it with more precision than Weiss had ever seen the brawler apply to anything, and even she had to admit that was rather precise when Yang wanted it to be. It was glorious. Yang knew it. Weiss knew it, and her icy facade actually melted into a slightly impressed smile. It was the kickflip to end all kickflips. It was a kickflip that could end the world.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It didn't because that would have been stupid and corny. But it could have.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"WHOO!" Yang cheered as she landed, facing Weiss but coasting along with her momentum as she beamed. "See!?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I admit, that was at least slightly impress- door."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"what?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"doorway"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"???" Yang frowned and turned-[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]*[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]It was at this moment, Yang knew; She'd fucked up*[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]-turned [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]just[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] in time for her forehead to careen right into the classroom's door frame. Straight on. Full force. Hard enough to fly off the board and flip a few times before landing facefirst on the floor.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The last sound Yang heard before everything went white was Weiss' slow clap.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]****************************[/BCOLOR]
"Don't give me that, Mister..." She tilted her head to the side to look at what he had written in the cavern wall with his knife. "...Meta! You're under the same obligation as all the rest of us, because we just got here! Wherever and whenever here is and however we happened to get here. Unless you know anything about it or who's responsible or especially if you're responsible, then maybe you can claim that! But if none of that applies to you, then you should at least try to be nice, it won't kill you. It's not a disease." She waved her hand playfully, dismissing the very thought.

"However, you have a point. We don't need each other threatening one another! The next person to do so or imply it will have their legs broken." She smirked, a mad twinkle in her eye before she skipped along, approaching a more familiar face.

"Yang, is that you?!"

tumblr_n22r4ifC3r1tujxqto1_500.gif

[BCOLOR=transparent]Yang groaned, her blissful, seemingly concussion induced sleep was broken by the dulcet tones of Nora squeaking like the world's cutest lethal alarm clock right in her ear. Which, y'know, was always nice =w=[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She rolled over from being on her stomach to being on her back as she rubbed at her eyes. "Hey Nora. Ugh. What, did Weiss just leave me on the floor instead of taking me to the infirmar-"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Her eyes opened partway through that sentence, and she suddenly shot up to seated before she slowly glanced left then right.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"...Uhhh. Ok then.... Nora, Did you [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]kidnap[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] me?" She said, sounding more like an amused reprimanding than all that concerned as she bounced to her feet and stretched out, arms bent behind her back as she bent low "You know if you want to trek out to dark and awful looking caves to hunt grimm in the weird hours of the night you just have to [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]ask[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] you goof! So what're we fightin? And how many other students did you invite o.0?"[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
[BCOLOR=transparent]Yang groaned, her blissful, seemingly concussion induced sleep was broken by the dulcet tones of Nora squeaking like the world's cutest lethal alarm clock right in her ear. Which, y'know, was always nice =w=[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She rolled over from being on her stomach to being on her back as she rubbed at her eyes. "Hey Nora. Ugh. What, did Weiss just leave me on the floor instead of taking me to the infirmar-"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Her eyes opened partway through that sentence, and she suddenly shot up to seated before she slowly glanced left then right.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"...Uhhh. Ok then.... Nora, Did you [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]kidnap[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] me?" She said, sounding more like an amused reprimanding than all that concerned as she bounced to her feet and stretched out, arms bent behind her back as she bent low "You know if you want to trek out to dark and awful looking caves to hunt grimm in the weird hours of the night you just have to [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]ask[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] you goof! So what're we fightin? And how many other students did you invite o.0?"[/BCOLOR]
"...What are you talking about, Weiss leaving you on the floor? Why would you be on the floor, weren't you in the stands watching--ooooooh. Well I mean, that's an idea and thanks for giving it to me because we could totally do that buuuuuuuut." Nora held a finger up. "That's not the case in this instance. I woke up here same as you! Besides, if I did do that, I would at least pick a better cave with more Grimm. At least a Deathstalker or two! I mean Coco cut through two of them like butter and as the bruiser of Team JNPR I can't not try to match that record, you know? Also...I don't think many of these others are students. If I did invite them, I'd have brought Yatsu...and maybe even that chick you fought in your team fight! The one with the robe and the silly string!"

Reactions: Schnee Corp Lawyer
"I am Alonne," he repeated a little louder so the others could hear.

"Oh... No, I assure you, I'm not wearing a costume." He took off his helmet to reveal an older Asian man's face, only his wasn't any normal sized head; it was very much the right size for someone of his height, and very real for what was supposedly a costume. "A pleasure, little Karen Araragi." He paused. "Hmph. Strange name, for a strange human, eh?" His features spread into a huge grin. It may be noted that he spoke as though he wasn't one, himself.

@OrlandoBloomers @C.T. @Saint Guillotine @Schnee Corp Lawyer @TheSpringwoodSlasher @El Tigre! @Thuro The Assassin Potato @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lissamel @Jeremi @Atomyk @Josh M

"Woah!" she cried, stumbling backwards onto her rear. "Ouch, ouch...sorry, didn't think someone could be that tall." That was probably a little rude. Though at his comment at her name, she looked rather confused, tilting her head to one side. "Really? I didn't think it was too weird. Hm..." She wasn't exactly quite sure what part of her name was weird, but soon she seemed to give up on figuring it out herself.

"Hup!" With a grunt, Karen hopped back up onto her feet, patting her pants as they'd likely collected some dirt or dust from the ground. "But you're human too, right? Even if you don't really speak like it. If you talk like 'strange human,'" she repeated that bit in monotone, as if to imitate some typical alien or robot, "Some people might actually think you're a real-life alien!" Though suggesting it, she clearly didn't put any credence to that theory.​

Chaos ran amok at the Miami-Dade Police Department, officers running to and fro from their desks scattered haphazardly within the open space. A nondescript office lied at the far back, barely containing the cacophony within that threatened to overtake the din outside. Chief McNickles was in an outrage, bellowing string after string of profanities into the receiver.

"WHAT YA MEAN YOU CAN'T HANDLE A DAMN SMALL CRACK DEN?!? BY DEFINITION, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO. IT'S #$%^ING SMALL! PLAY IT BY THE BOOK!"

A voice trailed in, breaking up in parts in stutters. Demure and young, it was the voice of a wet-behind-the-ears rookie. Gunfire reverberated in the background, accentuating the urgency of the situation.

"I-I'm sorry, Chief Mc-McNickles!" An awful harsh noise followed-- the rookie cleared his throat, trying to center himself now. "It's b-bad. Really, r-really bad. W-we thought it was just a small bust too but--"

Indecipherable screaming followed. McNickle's features were ironclad, deathly still as he listened intently. The rookie returned abruptly. "Stahl's gone! C-Chief, we need him. We need ... We need Kung Fury!!!"

"Goddammit." Was the Chief's only reply, and with reluctance burning in his eyes, he slammed the receiver onto the holder. Scant milliseconds followed before McNickles snatched it back into hand and swiftly dialed, curses muttered under breath all the while...

** Elsewhere in Miami lies a skyscraper with a genuine dojo adorning its very top, containing within the greatest Kung Fu warrior of all time **

Never mind the campy 80's music playing in the background of the authentic Chinese dojo, center your eyes on the strapping warrior situated comfortably atop a couch. He appears to be pensive, staring off into the far distance. When actually he's staring into a rice-paper screen. A beautiful woman approaches, sultry in her motions and her tone dulcet as she spoke. "Drink?"

Kung Fury said nothing, perfectly content to maintain his staring contest with the screen. The screen was winning, this couldn't be!

The woman seated herself side by, reaching over and caressing his stomach now as she eyed his masculine features longingly. This was his girlfriend. I forget her name. A blink followed from Kung Fury and a grunt of disapproval followed. "I lost." A glance to her and seconds passed before he'd finally speak.

"Yeah, those are my abs." He said as matter of fact. The rotary phone at the couch's side rang and Kung Fury snatched the receiver quick as a lightning, aligning the listening portion to his ear in a flash.

McNickle's voice streamed in at full force, his tone a frantic baritone. "Kung Fury, need ya to head downtown immediately! There's destruction and chaos, a disaster in the making in a %#^ing crack d--"

The receiver exploded in Kung Fury's grip for no explicit reason, rendered to plastic and chalky smithereens. His girlfriend seemed nonplussed, staring all the while. "Kung Fury?"

He stared once again, burrowing daggers into the rice-paper wall before leveraging his gaze her way. "Duty calls, babe. I'll be back."

With dramatic effect, Kung Fury hops through the self-same screen to outside, ripping it apart. Thus ended the brief rivalry. He maintains his running speed, rushing for the edge of the skyscraper, and with not a single ounce of hesitation in his veins, leaps off sky-high into a fall. What lies below at ground level, beneath his descent, was his beloved Lamboghini Countach. Out came his service weapon and a few gunshots followed, all aimed for the rooftop of his car. The driver's door opened as if on command, with Kung Fury executing the impossible act of landing right in the driver's seat. The door slams shut and he drives off.

Only one problem: McNickles never told him exactly where the crack den was??? Never mind that.

** Five minutes later **

Downtown, the ghetto to be exact, the scene comprised of a run down apartment set aflame for some reason. Gangsters made their presence known, swinging heavy assault weaponry all around, whooping as they fired down upon hapless cops, who'd taken to cover behind ruined cars and more.

One remarked in a scream. "We need Kung Fury!"

Almost as if it was on cue for his heroic and dramatic entry, Kung Fury appeared. Over the horizon. Was his car flying??? No, he'd managed the inconceivable: he achieved flight at breakneck speeds coming up a hill!

With him atop it, dead center, fists out at the right in the typical martial artist's pose. Is he kung fu fighting the fricking air?

The car was a projectile, delivered right into the complex's third floor, exploding in a dazzling display as Kung Fury crash lands through the windows on the forth. It was an inferno inside. It was amazing the crack den hadn't exploded. A gangster turned to fire his gold-plated AK-47, with Kung Fury demonstrating his displeasure via ripping it out of his hands. Along with his arms at the sockets. "Cocaine isn't all that it's... cracked up to be." Cue the weapon being smashed sidelong into the gangster's skull, a definite crack emanating from his skull.

One down, dozens more to go. Screaming could be heard in the next room over. Kung Fury quirked his eyes to the wall wreathed in flames... before he lunged, bursting through and drop kicking an unawares gangster through a window outside. He hadn't been alone. Cue another gangster defenestrated.

"Almost like whacking moles." Not even close. Then another scream followed-- there was a recurring theme now-- several floors below. The basement? The building shuddered, debris and the like shunting off places now. It would fall soon. That didn't matter to Kung Fury. He'd job to do and damn it, he was the best at what he did.

He made his way down to the basement, smashing through the floors with kung fu punches and kicks. Concrete and steel gave way under the mightiest kung fu skillz ever witnessed in history. There, Kung Fury found himself in the heart of the den: The lab.

Cue:

There was a lone figure in the lab, aside Fury's presence. A lanky lad, clad in a tattered lab-coat with a gas-mask. He looked like he was a nazi to Kung Fury ironically. What? "D-Don't hurt me! I didn't want to do this, I was kidnapped." He cried, falling to his knees as everything quite literally went up in flames all around.

"Don't worry, Kung Fury's here. I'm a cop, come with me if you want to live." He extended his hand out for the bedraggled Chem major drop-out, time was a luxury they no longer had. This place was literally going to hell from the looks of it. First, he'd just need to get back outside and--

An explosion erupted from the center of the room, the chemicals and what have you going off in tandem with the flames engulfing all in sight. To Kung Fury's eyes, everything went white.

** Definitely not Miami anymore **

Ingrained within Kung Fury was pure instinct, pure Kung Fu prowess such that his reaction to the explosion culminated in his adopting the usual combat-ready pose. He had been ready to fist-fight fire with lightning and cobra venom!

That was until he realized that he was no longer inside the burning complex. In fact, he realized that it wasn't Miami anymore. "Yep. This isn't Miami." Kung Fury stated as matter of fact, glancing around as he took in his new surroundings. He noticed others.

A frown formed in his features, his posture rigid briefly before he relaxed. He reached for a pocket with his right and seconds later, he placed sunglasses atop the bridge of his nose. Despite the lack of light thereof in this place he found himself now.

He announced himself then and there.

"I'm Kung Fury. And I'm a cop."

** Dramatic music playing **

@C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers @Jeremi @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Saint Guillotine @BarrenThin @AnyoneElseIMightHaveMissedOops

"Woah!" she cried, stumbling backwards onto her rear. "Ouch, ouch...sorry, didn't think someone could be that tall." That was probably a little rude. Though at his comment at her name, she looked rather confused, tilting her head to one side. "Really? I didn't think it was too weird. Hm..." She wasn't exactly quite sure what part of her name was weird, but soon she seemed to give up on figuring it out herself.

"Hup!" With a grunt, Karen hopped back up onto her feet, patting her pants as they'd likely collected some dirt or dust from the ground. "But you're human too, right? Even if you don't really speak like it. If you talk like 'strange human,'" she repeated that bit in monotone, as if to imitate some typical alien or robot, "Some people might actually think you're a real-life alien!" Though suggesting it, she clearly didn't put any credence to that theory.​

"I'm quite average for someone with a Soul like mine. And, no, I'm neither human, nor alien." Though, other than being much taller than the tallest human alive, he looked the part. "I was once, but not for a very long time. So, little Karen," He said in his deep, almost slow voice. "You don't believe half of what you're seeing here, do you?" Brown eyes beaming with intelligence locked onto her intensely.

@Kaykay

"...What are you talking about, Weiss leaving you on the floor? Why would you be on the floor, weren't you in the stands watching--ooooooh. Well I mean, that's an idea and thanks for giving it to me because we could totally do that buuuuuuuut." Nora held a finger up. "That's not the case in this instance. I woke up here same as you! Besides, if I did do that, I would at least pick a better cave with more Grimm. At least a Deathstalker or two! I mean Coco cut through two of them like butter and as the bruiser of Team JNPR I can't not try to match that record, you know? Also...I don't think many of these others are students. If I did invite them, I'd have brought Yatsu...and maybe even that chick you fought in your team fight! The one with the robe and the silly string!"
"Ah." Yang replied with a frown, swinging back up to stretch her arms out in front of her as she frowned and took a closer look at everyone else. Looked like there waaas... One of Ironwood's soldiers if he was a miniboss and secretly had the vocal chords of an ursa. A cop. A ball with an eyeball. Some girl in a jumpsuit. A samurai with fourteen eyeballs if that helmet was an accurate representation of how many he had. A pirate. A... what the heck was wrong with that guy's nose o.0? Aaaaaand a purple glowing zombie.

"Ok then. I am officially a least a bit concerned- wait. What, so we'd be team NAYY? Team NYYA?" She murmured over to Nora.

Last edited:
"Ah." Yang replied with a frown, swinging back up to stretch her arms out in front of her as she frowned and took a closer look at everyone else. Looked like they waaas... One of Ironwood's soldiers if he was a miniboss and secretly had the vocal chords of an ursa. A cop. A ball with an eyeball. Some girl in a jumpsuit. A samurai with fourteen eyeballs if that helmet was an accurate representation of how many he had. A pirate. A... what the heck was wrong with that guy's nose o.0? Aaaaaand a purple glowing zombie.

"Ok then. I am officially a least a bit concerned- wait. What, so we'd be team NAYY? Team NYYA?" She murmured over to Nora.
"Me too! I mean, this isn't even like one of my dreams so it's more than a bit disconcerting." She blinked, looking over at Yang. It was now her turn to reply "Wait...what?" She blinked a few more times before it really sunk in and Nora threw a fist up into the air exuberantly. "I'm flattered Yang! Either of those combinations makes me the leader and I'm glad you think I could do it. It'd be so awesome, leading that kickbutt team! Grimm would have nothing on us!"

Spider-Gwen found herself hitting a rocky ceiling about forty feet upwards. But a search of the area from the rest of the party would reveal an entrance, leading out to a vast abyss of darkness. Underground, what few good lights they may have were reduced to whatever they had on their persons. Otherwise, the only thing they could use were the fungi. If anything, the smell that wafted appeared to grown fouler here. A pathway, narrow and winding could be seen though it appeared to go deeper, not surface-ward.

And then came the sounds.

[Inserting Mood Music]

It was a skittering noise, a sound of claws on stone and coming in great numbers from the sounds of it. Echoing everywhere in the darkness and coming closer all the while.

Two Options remained at this point.

Fortify Position.

Run.

To either fortify the area they were in, with what they had or to take the dark pathway in the hopes it led somewhere better than this cave.

@OrlandoBloomers @C.T. @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Schnee Corp Lawyer @BarrenThin @El Tigre! @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lissamel @Jeremi @Atomyk @Josh M @Thuro The Potato Assassin​

Spider-Gwen found herself hitting a rocky ceiling about forty feet upwards. But a search of the area from the rest of the party would reveal an entrance, leading out to a vast abyss of darkness. Underground, what few good lights they may have were reduced to whatever they had on their persons. Otherwise, the only thing they could use were the fungi. If anything, the smell that wafted appeared to grown fouler here. A pathway, narrow and winding could be seen though it appeared to go deeper, not surface-ward.

[Inserting Mood Music]

It was a skittering noise, a sound of claws on stone and coming in great numbers from the sounds of it. Echoing everywhere in the darkness and coming closer all the while.

Fortify Position.

Run.

To either fortify the area they were in, with what they had or to take the dark pathway in the hopes it led somewhere better than this cave.

@OrlandoBloomers @C.T. @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Schnee Corp Lawyer @BarrenThin @El Tigre! @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lissamel @Jeremi @Atomyk @Josh M @Thuro The Potato Assassin​
tumblr_mhyxh85plz1qda1y2o7_250.gif

Having taken a seat with Wheatly still firmly in his possession, he was about to use the Brute Shot to try and pry open the poor machine like a sentient can of sardines that was British and complained quite a bit. But before he could proceed he'd pause as he heard the sound of skittering. Given the smell of this place and the look, he had to imagine that something had died here. Perhaps the things that were approaching them were responsible for said smell.

Either way, he wasn't going to find out just by standing by. Tossing the machine to the ground and reattaching the unit to his back, he looked in the direction of the noise. Sounded like multiple enemy hostiles at that. Not that he had ever had a problem facing more than one opponent.

More the merrier, more to get their heads caved in. He'd been faced with what might have been overwhelming odds to anyone else but him and fled for the hills. He had the scars to prove it. But he'd not be the one dying here today.

For he was the Meta and they were not.

tumblr_na9q7f8Qk81t38q5mo1_400.png

@C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers @Jeremi @El Tigre! @Saint Guillotine@BarrenThin @AnyoneElseIMightHaveMissedOops-btwethanireallylikethistag

[Inserting Mood Music]

Fortify Position.

Run.

Alonne looked up suddenly at the noises. Almost lazily, he stood with a disinterested shrug. Humans were so far beneath him in power, largely, that he not only wasn't afraid; he wasn't interested in the idea of fighting even a great number of them.

Still, he stood his ground. No sense letting others be hurt because the idea was boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.