Puppy Love

Cassie slept peacefully that night, something that was a little strange since she was usually a very light sleeper. She woke up around nine and quickly got dressed into some shorts and a baggy long sleeved shirt, today was going to be a busy day. She wandered into the kitchen and fixed herself some breakfast, a piece of toast and orange juice. She knew her mother was gone once again, working overtime at her job, there was nothing new with that. Cassie then remember that she would be signing for her new neighbours packages this afternoon, her werewolf neighbour at that.

Even now, after having eaten dinner with him, witnessing it, and having slept on it the idea of it was still unbelieveable to her. That didn't really matter though, Fido was still a nice guy...he got her chinese for goodness sake! She finished her breakfast and cleaned up her plates before quickly getting into the swing of baking. She pulled out her mixer, order forms and some new recipes all in preparation for baking. Cassie cooked like clock work, smooth and effective. She was able to bake all the cakes and cookies she needed and even prep the forsting before she looked at the clock and noticed that it was close to two.

She slipped out of her kitchen, grabbed the spare key and headed over to Fido's apartment, arriving just in time as the delivery guy knocked on the door with his boxes. Cassie quickly and politely approched, explained that she would be signing, and took the boxes from him before opening the door of the apartment. It was still a mess like it was yesterday so she did her best no to trip as she set his new packages off tot he side so they wouldn't be in the way. She noticed that there was some things still untouched, and since she had finished all her baking she decided to stick around and clean up a little for him.

She organized the boxes that had been scattered by what they were labeled as, like 'bathroom' or 'living room'. She also headed back to her apartment adn grabbed some cleaning supplies, giving both the kitchen and bathroom a good scrubbing. When she was done she smiled a bit and left him another note, saying what she did and tell him to just stop by later when he got back. She then collected ehr cleaning supplies and left, lock his apartment up behind her.

Fido worked diligently, straight through lunch and dinner when all of a sudden, with growing horror, he felt that itch again.

He was on the fifth level of a building in the middle of the city. He was at least twenty miles from home... at the very least...

Fuck.

What could he do?

Fido got up from his desk, grabbing his things. He tried to leave without being noticed.

Of course, though, he was. By his boss, no less.

An hour later, he was still being given a long talk about how they had hired him on the assumption that he was a diligent worker, and who understood the consequences of coming to work late, leaving work early, or even, not coming at all.

His skin was burning. A fine sheen of sweat covered his brow as he tried to pull through it. But his boss showed no signs of stopping soon.

He was screwed...

With a yell of "Sorry!", he ran as fast as he could to the stair well, trying to go as fast as he could.

It was when he got to the back of the building, near his car when it happened. Luckily no one was around, so he merely huffed, picked his clothing off the ground and started walking home.

Getting there around nine.

He pawed at Cassie's door, trying not to scratch the wood.

Cassie looked to her door as she heard a light tapping, pausing her atempt to frost her final cake for the evening. She set down her frosting and spatula before, wiping her hands on her apron and answering the door.

"Hellooooooh dear...Hey, Fido...change before you got home?" She asked softly as she looked down at her neighbour in dog form. She then looked to his clothing for a second.

"Where you able to get out of those in time?" She said as she motioned for him to come in for a bit, her mother wasn't home so there was nothing to worry about.

Fido looked up at Cassie, nodding at her first question, and shaking his head at her second, seeming a little embarrassed. Though he felt a little bit better when he smelled her cooking.

He followed her into her home, sitting down for a second to scratch his ear with his hind leg.

"It happened with the worst timing, too." He muttered, laying down on the floor, his paws coming over his muzzle. "My boss was talking to me... and I just had to leave... I don't think I'm going to be able to keep up with that job..." He continued, then rolled over onto his back, stretching out for a moment. "I cant just tell them what's going on.... they'd send me to a mental facility... or to the government..." His blue eyes seemed beyond troubled.

"I really do not want to go back to my last job." He said quietly, looking away.

"Damn moon...every time it gets full, or close, it affects me too damned much." He growled, pissed off. He was sick of living his life like this.

"I expected to drive home and talk to you again, not as some.... dog."

Cassie felt bad for him and frowned a bit, closing the door behind her before wandering back into her kitchen.

"I'm really sorry that happened to you Fido.It must be really hard on you...hey would you like me to say something to your boss? I could maybe said you were rushing home to help me with something and had to bolt like that because it just couldn't wait...like maybe my grandmother was stuck in the tub and I couldn't get her out alone...I know it's a little far fetched but it could work, things like that can happen to old people." She offered, knowing that he could really use the help.

"I could even come in with you and pout all cute like and try to guilt him into going easy on you."

She then walked to him and pet his head lightly, trying to be comforting the best she could be. She then smiled a little more and pointed to some of the baked goods she made that day.

"Would you like something to eat? You'll feel better after you have a cookie or two."

Fido smiled slightly in the way that dogs do, when Cassie had started coming up with ideas for how to help him. It was a little touching to him, that she would devote time to even think of helping him, let alone coming up with plans, that would involve herself. No... not a little... it was extremely touching... He couldn't believe how much she was doing for him.

"Thank you."
He murmured quietly after a moment, unsure of how to even begin to respond. He wagged his tail for a moment, tongue lolling out the side of his mouth, head quirked to the side; happy. He had been even happier when he felt her hand on his head, leaning into it slightly.

At the mention of baked goods, Fido's ears perked up entirely and he looked at her. "You make great little treats, those definitely would be appreciated." He stated, his tail wagging whole-heartedly again.

He was about to say something in that moment, when suddenly, fur changed to skin, and he was suddenly naked on her floor. It was extremely uncommon for him not to feel the change coming on, but in any sense, he was somewhat mortified at the moment. Luckily, he was in position that didn't allow her to see much.

"Ah..... well then.... this is awkward." He grinned, chuckling, trying to ward off the embarrassment. Poor Cassie, this probably was gonna freak her out...

Cassie smiled and pulled back to collect some cookies from him, putting them on a plate nicely. She didn't notice him change at all, having not heard a single peep out of him as she got him his snack. When she turned to look as him she smiled a bit...

Before she noticed he was human again and nake on her floor.

It only took a couple of seconds for her face to go from it's usualy tone to one almost completely red, her smile turning into a shocked dropped jaw, a hand darting up to her face to cover her open mouth, the other hand dropping the plate of cookies wheich scattered all over the floor, the plate going unbroken. She quickly turned back around, looking at just about anythign but him, her legs slightly shaky as she felt herself losing it.

It really wasn't his fault that she was actting like this, he just never was able to handle seeing the oposite sex naked. It was one of the reasons she had stayed single up to now in highschool. All the boys her age wanted sex, but the idea of letting someone see her naked, and then do...that. It was so nerve wracking! She stumbled with her voice trying to find something to say but nothing understandable came out at all. She closed her eyes and started to chant to herself in her head.

"Don't pass out. Don't pass out. Don't pass out. Don't pass out. Don't pass out!"