Puppy Love

Cassie gave a playful huff before just waving off what he said. Her mother wouldn't be back for another hour or so, she always worked really late and would eat out with coworkers at a bar or something. Cassie often wondered how her mother could work so much on shuch little sleep...

"She won't be home until around one...She knows that I don't drift to far from the house on the weekends anyway..." She said, her eyes closing as she cuddled into his couch, it was far to comfy for some reason...she blamed the alcohol.

She opened her eyes again and looked back at him, frowning slightly, maybe he though she was being a bother...Had she over stayed her welcome?

"I'm not being a bother am I? I can leave if you need me too?" She asked, not having caught the grin on his face...She really was tipsy.

Fido nodded in response as Cassie told him that her mother wouldn't be home for a while longer. Curious. Her mother left her alone quite a bit. And right now, she looked like she was about to fall asleep on his couch. He wondered a little if he should just get a blanket and a pillow for her. Then he wondered if that was even proper.

And then she asked if she was being a bother, which was almost hilarious.

"No, you're not a bother at all!" He exclaimed with a chuckle. "I just wanted to make sure that your mother wasn't just going to suddenly going to call the police because you weren't in the house. Here, let me get you some water... looks like you aren't handling the alcohol well." He mentioned before getting up and grabbing a glass, getting some water from the tap. It wasn't classy, but it was better than nothing, and it looked like Cassie needed it.

He walked back over and handed her the water and watched her carefully. He had no idea that she'd get tipsy... he had only given her a glass and a half at MOST.

"You alright?" He asked after a moment, a little worried.

Rebecca took the water happily, sipping it a bit before she set it down. She was glad he didn't give her anymore alcohol, she'd pass out on his couch for certain. She never was one for holding her drinks, that was one reason she never drank the beer that her mother bought, her mother would know she took one by just looking at her. She smiled a bit though, she was glad she wasn't being a bother...she didn't really want to get up from his couch just yet.

She poked at the cushions absent mindedly as she spoke, her words still clear and proper even though her cheeks were flushed from her drink.

"I'm fine...just don't hold alcohol well, I just need to drink something else or eat...I did have dinner yet..." She said as she ran and hand though her hair, thinking a bit.

Fido quickly started to try to think of what he could do when Cassie had explained that she hadn't had any sort of dinner yet.

He quickly got up from the couch again and began looking through what little he had in the refrigerator before pulling out his phone. He wanted to be nice to his new neighbor, and seeing as she wasn't up to much, he figured it wouldn't hurt to get some food in her.

"I obviously can't drive, and there's not much I have here, but I'm figuring you need more than a snack... so I'm getting some delivery. Want anything in particular? Pizza? Chinese? Italian? Mexican?" He coaxed the girl as he looked though his phone's address book, which was almost entirely filled with numbers for restaurants.

He looked towards Cassie, and while waiting for an answer, he got a couple of the pillows for the couch out. Just in case she conked out on it, then he returned, filling her glass up with water again. Couldn't hurt.

"I have some sodas and juice in the refrigerator too, if you'd like that instead." He offered before sitting down again next to Cassie, grinning again.

Cassie looked at him quietly for a moment as he flipped through his address book on his phone. She thought for a moment before cuddling into the couch once more. She'd love to eat something and honestly didn't care what it was, as long as it tasted good, she would eat it.

"Chinese, I'll pay you back for my share..." She said as she drank her water.

She smiled a bit at him as he got the pillows and offered her something else to drink, she was glad that he was being so nice. She shook her head no a bit and just relaxed on the couch.

"I'm good, I'm just easily tipsy...It really didn't help me that I didn't eat before either. I'll be fine though, just need to fill myself up and get a little more sober. I guess I turned out to be a trouble didn't I? Heh, sorry about that."

Fido nodded at Cassie's response and made the call for Chinese food, ordering quite a bit, just in case she was a bigger eater than he might assume. After the call, he grinned over at Cassie, trying to think of how to politely tell her that she didn't need to pay him back. Oh. Just say that!

"You don't need to pay me back." He stated gently with a smile while she told him that she was ok, though he chuckled when she had apologized for being trouble. Which she wasn't. Not at all.

"I'm really enjoying your company, to be truthful." He admitted with a grin as he sat there with Cassie, watching her in her tipsy stupor.

It was cute.

His phone vibrated, and he flipped it open, a simple message from one of his friends that they had dropped off the car. Awesome. He now had transport again.

"So, how long have you lived here?" He asked Cassie finally, wondering. Trying to make small talk until the food got here. What else does a werewolf do in this case?

Cassie shook her head no when he said that she didn't need to pay. She was taught to always to pay back money and she wasn't going to take no for an answer. She sat up a bit more, not do dependant on the couch anymore as she started to sober up very slowly.

"I'm going to pay you back, I won't take no for an answer!" She said as she shook a finger at him.

She smiled a little when he said he was enjoying her company, she was glad she wasn't causing him trouble. She thought for a bit when he asked how long she had been there. It had been a long time, at least to her, it took her a minute to actually come up with a proper answer.

"Well, I think I've been here for three years...we moved in when I started highschool." She said as she took a sip of her water.

Fido grinned as Cassie insisted on paying him back, gesturing as she did so. So he decided to give up on that. If she wanted to pay him back, and she was going to respond like that, it wasn't worth the work to try to debate it. And then he watched as she ruminated on the question he had asked, about how long she had lived in this complex.

While she thought, he went through more boxes to get out eating utensils, getting both silverware and chopsticks. You never know if a person wants to use chopsticks or not, given the chance.

He laid out the utensils and napkins as she answered his question and smiled at her.

"Three years is a long time." He stated quietly before grabbing another glass and filling it with water as well. By that time, the food had come and he paid the delivery boy for the food and gave him a nice tip to boot.

Fido then set out the food and took up the chopsticks.

"Eat up." He stated with a smile before taking up one of the boxes and started devouring its contents like it was his last meal alive.

Cassie looked over the boxes of food for a moment, determining which on she would like to start with. After a bit of poking around she picked up a good looking noodle dish and started to eat it with some chopsticks, slurring a bit and she ate happily. She nodded her head at his commented while she continued to eat, unable to answer properly since her mouth was full. She quickly swallowed her food before she started to speak.

"Yeah, it's the longest I've stayed in any place so far, I just hope we don't have to move until after I graduate high school." She said as she finished off her first box and grabbed another, this time eating something that looking like veggies covered in sause...

She ate a little more before she looked up at him, wondering what she should say, if she said anything at all.

"So are you going yo be unpacking all day tomorrow? If you need help I can come over...I'm only going to be baking cakes tomorrow anyway so I shouldn't be too busy..." She said through a mouthful of food, her hand quickly going over her mouth to keep herself from spitting anything.

Fido grinned as he watched Cassie eat. The girl had quite an empty stomach and he was quite entertained as he watched her go through the first box and move onto the second. He listened to her tell him about how it had been the longest she had stayed anywhere and her hopes that they wouldn't move again. He could understand that simple wish.

They sat silently while they ate for a while, he was just enjoying the food and company, and then she spoke again. He realized how out of practice he had become with talking to women as he idly let his thoughts wander on Cassie. She was asking him if he was going to be unpacking, and explained how she was only going to be cooking tomorrow. She really had her manners down, he noted, as he watched her cover her mouth with her hand as she spoke.

He idly wondered how much trouble he would get in if he skipped work tomorrow. Then thought against it. He rather liked having this job. And he was in trouble as is. He needed to play it safe and go with what he was told, and they told him moments ago to come in for the rest of the week.

"No... I'm gonna be in the office all tomorrow, like I said, I need you to sign for a few packages tomorrow, I'll be home around seven... then if you want to, sure, help me unpack." He stated, grinning.

Cassie smiled and nodded her head as she continued to eat. She was more than happy to help someone out, especially if it gave her something to do on her usually boring days. She finished off her second box and grabbed her third, she was terribly hungry today.

"Alright, do you know when the packages will get here? I'll be baking all morning but I just want to make sure I don't miss them because I was cooking." She asked as she started to pick at ehr food.

She really was enjoying his company, it was much better than eating a frozen meal at home alone. She hoped he wouldn't mind if she made it a habit to stop by and say high...maybe even use him as a taste tester...She wanted to try out some new recipies anyway. She slurrped her food quietly as she started to sober up a bit more, the food helping to make her less tipsy.

Fido was happily eating as much as he could to fill himself when Cassie asked him when the packages would get to the apartment. He thought for a moment and then checked his cellphone for a moment before turning back to Cassie.

"They'll bring the packages around two in the afternoon tomorrow" He told her simple before tucking the phone away again and then getting back to eating.

He was enjoying her company and really wished that he didn't have to work tomorrow, but he knew he had to...

He needed that money and he couldn't stand to risk losing it.

"So what are you doing tomorrow? Since I get off at Seven, I figure I could pay you back for helping me today, and offering to help me with the packages and unpacking." He grinned at Cassie, just happy to have her there. He smiled before digging back into the food, eating more.

"This has been a weird night for you... first you find out someone's moving in here, and then you find out that I'm... well... a werewolf.... I suppose that DOES sound a little kooky when I say it out loud..." He spoke in between bites.

Cassie nodded her head and continued to eat. She'd finish her cakes by then, maybe she would come over and help him get settled a bit more while he was still at work. Nothing really fancy just the simple things like getting furniture placed in some sort of order.

"I'm just working on a few orders and getting some others picked up, I won't be going out or anything. But you don't need to pay me back...I have to say that eating chinese with you is much better than eating frozen meals alone." She said as she took a sip of her water.

She smiled a bit at his comment and continued to eat. Of course it sounded kooky! When did you ever here of a werewolf outside of fantasy novels and horror movies? Cassie didn't really care either way though, it was nice to finally have someone to hang out with in the apartment, even if they so happened to change into a dog randomly.

Fido nodded as Cassie told him what she was planning on doing, and letting him know that he didn't have to repay her (Which was crap, he WANTED to pay her back, Didn't matter if he had to or not, but for right now, he let it slide) and then commented that eating with him was better than eating alone. Which really made him feel a lot better. He may get corporately punished by overtime in the coming week, but at least he had made a friend!

He ate for a moment longer and then went and put the remaining bottle of champagne in the refrigerator, happy that he had shared it, even though it had caused the girl a bit of tipsy behavior.

He thought back to how her stomach had been exposed, and he absentmindedly licked his lips thinking about it. She had a good body....

It was official.

He had an awesome new friend.

"So, why's your mom always gone?" He asked at length, curious as to what would sepperate a mother from her sweet daughter.

Cassie continued to eat away at her thrid box, setting it down and finally putting down her chopsticks as well. She was so full now she chould absolutely burst! She rubbed her stomach, it now once again covered by her shirt, and gave a happy sigh, she was very content at the moment. She looked at him when he asked why her mother was gone all the time. She grabbed her water and took a drink before answering.

"My mom works overtime a lot to help make ends meet, She's also saving up for culinary school for me so we need all the money we can get. Also she'd a bit of a workoholic, she has been this way ever since I was little." She explained as she curled back up on the couch, much more sober now that she had eaten.

Fido watched as Cassie worked through her third box, and watched as she rubbed her stomach, listening to her contented sigh and then watched her take a drink of water.

He had been enjoying his time with Cassie and honestly was a little disappointed that it was going to come to an end.

He listened to her explanation and nodded. It was nice to hear about her life, and to have her on the couch with him. He ate more out of the box he was on and grinned up at her. "It's wonderful that you have a goal in mind in life. You have potential and you're making an opportunity for yourself. It's admirable." He stated, smiling widely.

"So, how much money do you make usually with what you do? I bet people pay a lot of money for your goods, I can tell you that right now after having some of your cookies." He complimented, grinning.

"You make a better cookie better than a lot of designer foods outlets that I've had a chance to sample in my life. You got yourself a cash cow right there." He continued, grinning.

"I can make close to $100 or more on just one order, not because I charge a lot but because people order alot. At first I sent goodies with my mom to work and had a business card taped to the side so people to call. After the third box of cookies I started getting calls." Cassie said as she looked at him.

She smiled a little more at his compliment and tooka nother drink of her water before sitting back more.

"Well, I think it's admirable that you can keep a job like yours with your condition...I'd probably just hide away instead if I were in your shoes." She said as she grinned a little more at him.

She looked around a bit, trying to find a clock to check the time before looking back to him.

"Do you have the time? I think I need to be heading back soon, I've got a lot of baking on my list tomorrow and I need all the time I can get."

Fido Smiled as Cassie told him more, and he wasn't too surprised to hear about how much she got on orders usually. He found it interesting how she described how she would pretty much send in her mother with samples and a calling card.

Then when she complimented him in return, he smiled, "Well", he started, "I can't just hide away.... I'd have no money... Besides, it would get redundant just hiding myself day after day..." He spoke, then listened as Cassi asked for what the time.

Fido looked around for his phone.

"It's already 1:12." Fido started and then smiled, "I enjoyed this... thank you for coming over. OH, before I forget, here, the spare key." He stated as he gave Cassie the spare key to his apartment.

"I'll see you tomorrow, then?..... Sleep well." Fido grinned slightly as he led Cassie to the door. "Come over whenever you want, don't be a stranger." He stated, happy to have spent time with her. Come tomorrow, There would be nothing but work for him for a while during the day.

"I'll be home at seven tomorrow. I'll see you then." He grinned.

Cassie took the spare key and stuck it in her pocket, making a small reminder in the back if her to make sure she put it on her key ring before she went to bed. She smiled as she walked to the door with him. "I had fun too, it was better than sitting around along. I'll make sure to bring in a packages for you when they arrive as well. I'll see you tomorrow then, Good night!" She said, sounding rather cheerful.

She waved as she walked back to apartment, quickly unlocking it and stepping in. Her mother had yet to get home so it was still quiet and empty. She quickly cleaned up whatever mess she had left from her baking and stored everything away before heading to her room and getting ready for bed.

Fido smiled kindly at Cassie with her parting words, following them up with nod and a polite "Thank you" before he watched her wave and leave.

Now what?

He thought for a moment quietly before going back over to his couch, stretching out on it while thinking about how the day had gone. About the new friend he had made. The new friend that was the first to find out about his secret. Funny how things work out. He never thought he'd see the day where he'd explain his situation to someone else. To be able to trust someone with this secret.

It was an odd feeling, but not unwelcome. It was new to him, and he felt a little charged up by it. Enlivened. Like a little of the weight had been taken off of his shoulders. It was amazing to him how good it felt.

He laid there for a few minutes longer before he finally cleaned up a few more things and then got ready for bed.

As he laid his head upon the pillow, and drifted to sleep, he smiled, as if he had no care in the world.

The sun cut through the blinds of the bedroom window, blaring into his eyes. He rolled over to get away from it, but was faced with the bright red numbers on his digital alarm clock which read that it was eight in the morning.

Eight in the morning....

HE WAS LATE!

Fido rushed out of bed and got ready as quickly as he could, then ran to his car, nearly speeding all the way to work. Only to get reprimanded by his supervisor, not only for missing yesterday, but for being late today. Oh boy. This looked to be fun.

He dove straight into his duties, trying to get them done as quickly as possible. He wanted to be able to go home on time and talk with Cassie again.