゚。・*. ゚☆Puellabytes☆゚.*・。゚

a love that defies rust
Name:
Something abundant she has:
Something scarce in her life:
How she sustains herself:

Bio: [this is where you tell me anything you think is pertinent about your character, as long or short as you wish. some things you might or might not include: the place where she sleeps, what she does to amuse herself, who she trusts and why, where she comes from, a secret she's protecting, a goal she has. if you have a better feel for her situation and who she is after writing this, that's a good sign.]

Last edited:
n y c t o p h i l i a
Name:
Pictures (include what they normally look like, and their monstrous alternate form)

Maribel.Hearn.full.2038870.jpg
Maribel.Hearn.600.1217198.jpg

d e m e s n e

Name:

RULES

blah de blah de blah

RESERVATIONS
- Fire
- Water/Ice
- Plants
- Lightning
- Wind
- Metal
- Stone
- Light/Shadow
- Poison/Plague
- Sand/Glass - @Quincunx

Purity: 1 angel // Mercy: 0 angels

Code below by Elle Joyner. Modification is in progress. (Except I'm still learning how to use it, so it's largely intact because I keep breaking it and hitting ctrl-Z. Images will come soon.)

Cursed Wings

|| BREAK FREE

no-lightbox

This world is in sore need of butterflies.

|| CHARACTER CLASSES

Character classes include Butterflies, Moths, Raptors, or Rays. blah blah bloo bloo

blah
blah
bloo
bloo

|| INFO

Posting speed is semiweekly (preferably every other day); posting expectation level is Adept.

This RP is player-driven rather than GM-fed - while I've set up a setting, activities, and potential "missions" for your character, there is not a preplanned story I'll be walking you through. It's best if your characters are motivated by something other than my characters directing them.

This RP has PvP in it. blah blah bloo bloo

You may have up to two characters, but only one may be a Butterfly. Two butterflies can't have the same element.

|| INTERESTED?

Welcome aboard! Comment below, and share what type(s) of character you'd like to play, and the element you're reserving if you're playing a Butterfly.

|| BUTTERFLY RESERVATIONS

Purity
Mercy

Sand/Glass
Ice/Water
Fire
Stone
Wind
Plants
Lightning
Metal
Light/Shadow
Poison

Placeholder
Placeholder
Placeholder
Placeholder
Placeholder
Placeholder
Placeholder
Placeholder
Placeholder
Placeholder

Code by Elle Joyner

Last edited:
okay why am I getting an error when I try to do an inline edit

Cursed Wings: Same Page
This is a useful tool from Deeper in the Game that helps me tell you the GMing and play style for this game. Credit goes to Bankuei for the tool, and Lumpley for an addition.

Do you play to win?
Good play isn't a win/lose kind of thing

Player characters are:
Pursuing their own agendas – they might work together, they might work against each other.

What's the GM's role?
The GM has no plan – the GM simply plays the NPCs and has them act or react based on their motivations. The GM also reports the consequences the players' actions have on the world.

What's your job as a player?
Your job as a player is to have your character pursue their goal, having them act with integrity to their personality as it develops, and play to find out what happens to them. The choices they make might be wise, or they might not.

Doing the smartest thing for your character's survival…
…sometimes isn't as important as other choices. Having a character make an unwise choice while acting with integrity to their personality, is preferable to having them make a smart but out-of-character choice.

The GM's role to the rules is…
… follow them, but when they conflict with what "should" happen based either on realism, the setting, or the genre, they should be ignored. (Provide an example once you actually have a system.)

After many pages of play, a player decides to have her character side with an enemy. This is…
…a meaningful moment, powerful and an example of excellent play. (Go into more detail about why this might happen.)

A fistfight breaks out in a bar! The details of where everything is – tables, chairs, where everyone is standing is something that…

a) …is important and will be displayed on a map or grid, perhaps using miniature figures.
b) …is something the GM will describe and you should ask questions to get more information.
c) …you can decide on the spot using specific game rules (rolling dice, spending points, whatever)
d) …isn't really that important other than it makes for an interesting scene- pretty much anyone can come up with details.

In order to really have fun with this game, the rulebook is something that…

a) …everyone playing needs to have read and understood before play, because the rules and setting are both very important.
b) …everyone should know the rules very well.
c) …everyone should know the setting very well.
d) …everyone at least should know the basics of the rules.
e) …everyone at least should know the genre the game pulls from
f) …Only one person needs to really know the rules and it can be explained in 10 minutes or less to everyone else.

SPECIAL
Instead of "choose one" think of this as a checklist – pick which options apply, leave the ones that don't.

This game runs best when the players take time to create characters that are…

…given strong motivations and an immediate problem or crisis
a) …built to face challenges using the mechanics and stats.
d) …tied into the other characters as (allies) (enemies) (as either)
e) …written with some knowledge, research or reading up on the game setting, real history or an actual culture

Fiction Hurdle Questions

Does everyone know the answers to these questions for this game? Hopefully between the game text and making choices above, the group can also be on the same page for the following points. If not, clarify!

What kind of conflicts make sense for this game?

What kind of protagonists make sense for this game?

What kind of outcomes make sense for this game?

Last edited:
Princess Rose
  • Name: Princess Rose
    Name association with color: "Rose" means "pink".
    Species: Faunus
    Parents: Ruby Rose (adoptive mother), Sun Wukong (adoptive father), unknown biological parents

• Aura color: Hot pink
    Height: 5'6''
    Faunus trait (if applicable): Bear ears
    Other: Her ears are the same color as her hair. She has a pink tiara symbol embroidered into the back of her jacket.

Tokyo.Teddy.Bear.600.1994695.jpg

• Weapon // Crook Rose Classed as a Shepherd's Single Edged Rifle, Crook Rose's ranged form is a select-fire rifle. It can fold back into a storage form similar to Crescent Rose, or unfold to create its melee form. A shaft extends from the barrel, out of which emerges a shepherd's crook shape of nested blades. It is black with gold blades and pink accents.
    Semblance // Bear With It Princess can transform into a pink bear, comparable in size to an Ursa Minor. While she moves more slowly, she has much stronger defenses, as well as frighteningly powerful claws, arms, and teeth. At present, she can only stably stay a bear for about ten seconds at a time. If she were to get much stronger, she might be able to hold it for most of a battle.
    Fighting style: Princess is an all-around type of fighter - she balances range and close quarters, offense and resilience, brutality and finesse. The only thing she truly specializes in is being unpredictable and chaotic.
    Dust use: While Crook Rose can be loaded with dust rounds, Princess has grown used to using ink dust - the kind of dust shot directly into her skin - for maximum effect from minimum product, and fine control of the effects. Her favorite types are gravity, fire, and ice. Since she always has a small amount in her body, she's developed chronic mild Dust Syndrome.

• Personality: Princess is the type of person you'd want as a leader, someone who might actually be able to get teammates that are aloof, clueless, or asocial to work together. She has a warm disposition, likes to make people feel at ease, and hates to lose. She's always reaching out to people in hopes of helping them feel happier... or having a connection with someone who doesn't treat her like some faunus urchin only notable for her mother's accomplishments. Also, she loves food.

How their parents met: Sun and Ruby met shortly after Sun met Blake. As the leads of two teams who worked closely with one another, they were in each others' presence a lot, but their story of love and parenthood didn't go in the traditional order.

As their teammates all found their respective cuties and had kids, Ruby and Sun found themselves spending more and more time together. One day, on a mission to take down a final remnant of the White Fang, the two came upon a baby the group had abandoned. The two determined that they couldn't just leave her, and they couldn't subject her to the life of a faunus in an orphanage either. They also both dearly wanted a child. So, they decide to raise her together.

Princess Rose was christened shortly before Sun and Ruby moved in together, and the two brought up Princess as their own. They realized they loved one another when Princess was still very young, and married soon after.

History: The nature of her adoption wasn't hidden from Princess - she always knew she had another family somewhere out there, a family full of faunus with another purpose. Maybe they were imprisoned, maybe they had evaded capture, but Princess wanted nothing more than to find them. Being bullied for being a faunus made her want to find the people in their organization even more. She spent her adolescence searching for them, with very few leads, but shortly before Dust Syndrome started spreading, she found something to hold onto.

Last edited:
[fieldbox="R U B Y ⚫ R O S E, red, solid, 10"]blah[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="W E I S S ⚫ S C H N E E, lightsteelblue, solid, 10"]blah[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="B L A K E ⚫ B E L L A D O N N A, indigo, solid, 10"]blah[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Y A N G ⚫ X I A O L O N G, gold, solid, 10"]blah[/fieldbox]

Other Notes

Last edited:
RWBY: The Great Below

They say there was an age where kingdoms rose from the earth, and strong walls and Huntsmen protected them from any threat. We don't live in any such legend. Our kingdoms are cities in the clouds, chrome-colored citadels connected by airships and kept afloat by gravity dust. The rich, the children, and the compliant live comfortably here. But because the kingdoms need things from the surface, the others, the Divers, take their turn in the Great Below.

Here, there are abundant Grimm and little leadership. The population is mostly nomads, settlers, exiles, and the occasional bleeding heart. The one exception is Menagerie, an area where many faunus were sectioned off and organized themselves. [MORE]

Now four young women - Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna, and Yang Xiao Long - have ___.

Last edited:
(Anything in parentheses is my notes to you, and shouldn't be on your final CS.)

Character Name

(If you have a picture of them in some kickass alternate outfit, great! If not, that's fine; I'll assume they're in the same outfit they wore for "Painting the Town...".)

Bio:
(Try to use her history from canon, but fit it to this setting. Feel free to make up some things about the world. For instance, in this AU, what does it mean to be a faunus? Is Yang's mom in a faction not seen in canon? Things like that.)

Flags
(These tell me what to press on in this RP - where to test your character. How far will she go to get what she wants, stay emotionally comfortable, etc.?)
Issue: (Her defining internal struggle. This is a character flaw that drives her to make unwise decisions - decisions that throw her headlong into conflicts with other characters, or into other bad situations.)
Impulse: (How the issue causes her to make those unwise decisions. If we use Weiss as an example, her issue is ____ and her impulse is to ____.)

Character goal: (What does your character want to get from being involved in this situation?)
Story goal: (A goal you want your character to do or experience in the RP. It might be something she doesn't want, or doesn't know she wants. Examples include "I want her to romance [character]", "I want her to lose a limb", or "I want her to join [faction]".)

Last edited:
Rules
Conduct
No NSFW or smut. This is a space with mixed age groups.

Please post OOC or IC at least once a week, so we know you're here.

Don't wage ship wars. If someone else's character gets into a ship you don't like, that's their decision, and you need to be an adult about it.

IC
Whenever possible, we are going to follow Primetime Adventures' rules. The rules are light, and designed to work with the story rather than against or in addition to it, so we shouldn't need to end-run them to keep the story interesting.

All members of Team RWBY have equal importance in this RP. Ruby is no more central than Weiss, Blake, or Yang.

You can ship your character with whoever you'd like as long as their player is into it. Don't worry about whether a ship is "allowed" based on whether it conforms to RWBY's canon. Whether it can be justified in our RP's fiction is what matters. I do ask for no incest and no severe age gaps, though.

Last edited:
How This RP is Played

Who can do what?
Content authority

Backstory, who the NPCs are and what they're doing, and what the world is like. Before we start playing, you have the authority to make up backstory and setting related to your character - Blake's player can talk about what the White Fang and Menagerie are like, Yang's player can choose or make up a faction for Raven, etc. After the IC RP begins, though, all that authority belongs to me.

Plot authority
How the story will go, and when major revelations happen. Plot is an emergent property of the story - no one person is in charge. You make your characters do things, I'll make consequences and new situations, and a story comes from there. Everyone is playing to find out what happens.

Situational authority
Framing scenes - deciding who's there, where they are, what's going on, and the question that will be answered in the scene. This is what I do. You can make suggestions ("Ruby should be in this scene!" "We should be on top of the greenhouse!"), but I have the last word on it.

Narrational authority
What happens and how it happens. This is your territory. I can decide that you happen upon Emerald and Mercury carrying out a plan for Cinder, but it's up to you what happens after - do you fight (how?), do you manipulate them, do you try to befriend them? [CONFLICT RESOLUTION]

Last edited:
RWBY AU + Primetime Adventures System

Hello all,

My friend (@)Boredbrain and I want to do a RWBY RP using a system called Primetime Adventures - a story game that plays very much like collaboratively creating a TV show, and is said to "do TV better than television does TV". My goal is to create a lasting RWBY RP full of good, meaty conflict, and I think this is the best system to facilitate it. I am looking for 3 people, in addition to Boredbrain and myself.

The thing we really want is to create a RWBY AU where the protagonists are Team RWBY. We still want epic combat, as color for the evolving relationships between the girls - the goal for making an AU is to create a setting where Team RWBY can act without constraints like the structure of school, or the directions of adults like Ozpin's group. I had an idea for this, but I'd like to hear yours first.

I will be the GM, or in game terms the producer, unless someone else has a good understanding of Primetime Adventures and how it runs.

Current Reservations
Ruby Rose - open
Weiss Schnee - (@)Boredbrain
Blake Belladonna - open
Yang Xiao Long - open

I'm going to give you what's hopefully enough info on the system to decide if you want to play or not. (The creator wouldn't want me to copy the PDF to you.) The short of it is that it's rules-light, and centered around collaborative storytelling and conflict in scenes. Story emerges through characters' actions, rather than being preplanned by a GM and folding characters in.

Setting Up
  1. We pick one player to be the GM, or in game terms, the producer. (That will be me, unless someone else is familiar with the game and how to produce it.)
  2. We decide what the show will be about.
  3. We create the characters, giving them basic info on a character sheet - an Issue that defines their internal conflict, an Impulse that goes with the issue, traits that make them interesting, screen presence, and perhaps a nemesis.
  4. We decide on how to start the show.
Scenes and Resolution
  1. Decide if it's a character scene or a plot scene. If it's a character scene, the question the scene answers is some form of, "Will this character resist their Impulse?" and if it's a plot scene, the question is some form of, "Will this character get what they want?"
  2. Decide who will be in this scene, where and when it takes place, and what's going on.
  3. RP the scene. Play your character.
  4. Put pressure on characters. Build to a crisis.
  5. At the crisis, draw cards.
    1. The producer gets one card plus any budget (resources) they spend.
    2. Each player draws cards equal to their character's screen presence. They can also draw one extra card each for any trait that might give them an advantage. You can also spend fan mail (tokens players give each other to say "I can't wait to see action/dialog like that again"), for one extra card per fan mail spent.
  6. Players compare their cards to the producer's. Red cards (hearts and diamonds) are good. High cards (10, queen, etc.) are also good. Remember the question the scene answers? Who has the most red cards and the highest card determines the answer.
    1. If the player has more red cards, and their highest card is higher than the producer's, the answer is "Yes, and..."
    2. If the player has more red cards, but the producer's highest card beats theirs, the answer is "Yes, but..."
    3. If the player has fewer red cards, but their highest card beats the producer's, the answer is "No, but..."
    4. If the player has fewer red cards, and the producer's highest card beats theirs, the answer is "No, and..."
  7. Play out the scene according to how the question was answered.
We were thinking that we could use a virtual card deck (such as on random.org) to draw cards, and keep track of fan mail by writing it in posts. (We trust you to tell the truth about what cards you drew.)

Other Info
Primetime Adventures' play is mechanically divided into episodes. While it normally is played in person, with one session equaling one episode of screentime, we will not be doing chat-RP sessions as it is hard to schedule. Instead, I was thinking we'd measure episodes in a certain amount of scenes, as RWBY lately has been doing 3ish long scenes per episode.

Posting speed is flexible. Ideally, everyone could post once a day, but since life happens and this is a fairly niche idea anyway, it's flexible.

Posting expectation level is intermediate to advanced. You need to have a good grasp of your character, a distinct writing voice, and minimal spelling or grammar mistakes. Most importantly, you must be able to actively drive the plot without having the producer/GM lead you on a rail. If all of that sounds doable, you're golden.

Last edited:
Character Name

(Feel free to put a picture of your character in a cool alternate outfit. It's not required; if you don't, I'll assume their default outfit is the one from "Painting the Town...".)

Color
(To be changed: important info that we probably already know about her, but might have changed due to being in an AU.)
Weapon:
Semblance:
Fighting style:
Background info: (Try to fit her canon backstory into the RP's setting. Feel free to make up details about the setting that apply to your character. [EXAMPLES])

Mechanical
Issue:
Impulse:
Edges:
Connections:

Screen Presence
(We're doing a 6-episode season. On episode 1/the pilot and Episode 6/the finale, everyone has a screen presence of . Spotlight episodes/screen presence occurs in RWBY order, for simplicity's sake - Ruby's spotlight episode is 2, Weiss's is 3, etc. Aside from that, pick 1 more episode at , and remaining episodes at .)
  1. ?
  2. ?
  3. ?
  4. ?

Last edited:
Combat Stakes: What are we Drawing Cards For?
In tactical combat games, the stakes of a fight are usually along the lines of, "Will this character survive the fight?" That may work well for those games. It doesn't work for a fiction-focused game like this one, because in most adventure fiction, death is simply not on the table unless a protagonist has willingly and knowingly staked their life on something. The story wouldn't be nearly as interesting if the protagonist died before the climax, after all.

You might have also noticed that in RWBY, combat is often used as color for plot, character, and relationship development. The question you ask during a scene with a fight probably isn't, "Will they survive the fight?" It's something like:
  • "Will Ruby earn Weiss's respect?"
  • "Will Weiss stop the airship from crashing?"
  • "Will Blake resist the impulse to shut out her friends?"
  • "Will Yang uncover information about her mother?"
In this RP, the fights are also color for those things. We generally do not draw cards to see who wins a fight, because it's usually pretty easy to see whether winning or losing a fight would yield more interesting results, and that's probably isn't what we're wondering about anyway.

Last edited:
full
full
full
full

Last edited:
dice test

EDIT: you need to decide the dice size and then click for the amount of dice you need after the first roll

Last edited:
Name: Nene Chibashira
Height: 3'7'' (at start of RP)

686569cf9acd509111fd1b9a1cf7c4de.jpg

Personality
Surface: Outgoing and charming with a strong belief in justice.
Edges: Has a great amount of conviction - even when she says something dumb, it's convincing. So terrifyingly strong-willed that she'd be a perfect shonen manga protagonist.
Glow: Shouts and jumps around wildly when impassioned, no matter whose company she's in. In the rare instances where her beliefs are shaken, she sobs with abandon and grabs the closest person to hang onto.
Flaws: Obstinate in her deeply-held sense of right and wrong. Usually refuses to consider others' opinions. Too proud for diplomacy.
Core Issue: Unknown, but probably has something to do with the instability of being in one family and vaguely remembering another.

History: A kunoichi, who looked strikingly like Nene, once stole Nene in the middle of the night, and told her that she was abducted rather than adopted. After that is a memory too chaotic to parse; the next is being returned to her "adoptive family" and assured that she was in the right place.

[spoili]Nene was originally a member of the Mukai clan, which had been physically abusing and training its children (aged as young as 8) in their kekkai genkai so they could be used as child soldiers. The Chibashira clan kidnapped Nene when she was 4, and they consider it a kindness. They didn't report the Mukai clan to the authorities due to the way the clan hid their shady activities, and didn't kill the adults because they didn't have the manpower or resources.

When Nene finds out what happened to her (which I hope happens as soon as she's old enough to understand), she'll have a choice: she can cut herself off from her birth clan and have them out of her life, bring them to justice to save her siblings, or return to harness her kekkai genkai. This kekkai genkai is steam release abilities.[/spoili]

Strengths:
  • She's notoriously durable. Even in the limited situations she's been in, she's full of energy, has a high pain tolerance, and brushes off injuries.
  • Nene has a budding talent for anatomy. She knows what the most painful targets on the body are, but also knows how to use medicines most people at her age can't.
  • While she can't produce more than a breeze at the moment, her wind release abilities show promise.
  • She charms the socks off of people. In some situations, she can sidestep battles with her sweet demeanor and baby-doll eyes.

Weaknesses:
  • Nene is an academy student, and not an exceptional one. Her inexperience and young age make her unable to handle anything truly significant.
  • She doesn't know how to use the Mukai kekkai genkai. In fact, she doesn't even know she has it.
  • She isn't the sharpest kunai in the thigh pack. Her academics are almost all mediocre-to-poor, and when she can't talk her way out of a problem, she tends to solve it by bashing against it rather than looking for novel or even obvious solutions.
  • She is exceedingly stuborn, and dislikes considering that she might be wrong. Actually, the very thought terrifies her in some deep place inside.

Jutsus:
  • Currently, academy-grade jutsu
  • When the time comes:
    • Mystical Palm Jutsu
    • Mukai kekkai genkai
    • Wind release, perhaps with water release
    • Perhaps a rat summon?

Last edited:
Pilar Serafim
Fujiwara.no.Mokou.600.2126717.jpg

Height: 5'0''

Personality: [spoili]Vengeful, wounded, and instinctive. Pilar feels defined by the branding on her back, and lashes out at anything that reminds her of it. She wants to be strong, and she wants people to fear her, so that she'll never be hurt again. Of course, she does get hurt inevitably, and that's when the fists come out.

As much as she thinks (and seems almost to wish it), Pilar is not defined by her anger. She has cynicism about the nature of the world, but that's only because she's seeking a kinder place. A warmer one that's in her sight, yet untouchable. She's not sure who she is without something to fight against.[/spoili]

History: [spoili]Under the tutelage of Ophia, a master involved in shady, ambitious dealings. Due to shock, Pilar's powers wonked out and maimed a contact that would've let Ophia study under a master who engaged in secret, darker magic. Ophia was enraged and branded her back using magic, a traumatizing experience that would blunt Pilar's powers for a while. Ophia disowned Pilar as a student and told her family that she disfigured the master's friend by an accident with her powers, and trying to live a normal life became a nightmare.

Pilar became a harder girl as she tried to heal. As her magic slowly returned to her, she also learned hand-to-hand combat to protect herself. Her worldview became hate and anger, and her focus became growing strong enough to exact revenge on her old master.[/spoili]

Souldew Location: Chest
Souldew Magic: Emotional amplification of magic - perhaps even new powers directly from emotional states once she gets good enough
Strengths:
  • Extremely durable and tanky
  • Surprising array of offensive powers
  • Flexible tactician
  • Derives great (if unpredictable) strength from anger
Weaknesses:
  • Emotional powers are hard to control or predict
  • Lack of support or utility skills
  • Distrusts would-be allies and makes a poor teammate
Primary Magics: Fire control, summoning (terrifying disembodied mouths, eyes, etc), durability buffs
Schooling Major: Combat