Puella Magi Madoka Magica - When Life Gives You Lemons... (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Peter looked at Mr. Thompson he began by reciting the pledge of allegiance to the rest of the class while they did it alongside him. It was the fairly typical standard though most of the schools he went to. And from what he heard public schools also did this. However for some reason or another these 'pledges' were a hot topic by religious and statesmen who found it a flaw in the 'separation of church and state'. Whatever that meant Peter really didn't care. It was such a trivial thing in the grand scheme of things. He heard his parents complain about the nation's debt at times. Wouldn't debating on how to solve THAT be more important that some silly pledge of allegiance thing including the word 'god' in it be more important to deal with?

Mr. Thompson then turned on the tv on the corner of the room and in the picture was the school's student council president Royce Harper who recited the daily announcements. According to him there was a strange flu going around that caused some nausea so kids should wash their hands often and if feeling unwell to go to the nurse's office by the library. Strange thing was is that no one knew what was causing it however it seems all effects were just nuisances more than anything. The announcements went by and nothing of real interest was put on aside from club listings and how to sign up for them along with the welcoming of new faculty to the staff board. Eventually after about ten minutes the bell rang and students were off to their classes wherever they may be at.

Short timeskip...to fourth period

It was lunch time! Finally! Gym class had been a lot harder than Peter had cared to admit mostly due to the fact he hadn't worked out or trained himself physically all to much over the summer. He had of course trained in his self defense courses his mom had him take but other than that there wasn't much running. Kind of sad when he thought about it. In gym he could barely climb the rope and he got tired after four pull ups on a bar. He really needed to work out more. "And here I am monologueing to myself internally...I need friends." Peter grumbled as he bit into a freshly peeled apple. He had ended up sitting by himself as most of the other tables were full. Not that he mind sitting alone it just annoyed him. He always liked hearing what the others had to say about their lives. It was something different from the sheltered life he lived. New York was a great place but it had different parts and many diverse cultures. Peter could only hope that he met someone or something different from him. Wait something? What the heck did that even mean?

Lunch came around and much to Leon's surprise, he had lunch at the same time as Peter. As soon as he got his food, Leon looked around for an empty seat and noticed Peter sitting alone. His classes had been relatively easy... At least for him. He had second period gym and since he was constantly training his body for any fight he felt he needed to get involved in, he didn't have any problem with any of the workouts the teacher had the class do. Leo walked over to Peter's table and asked "May I join you?"

"I pledge allegiance, to the flag.."
An internal sigh ran across Faye's mind as she recited the pledge of allegiance. She didn't know why this was necessary, as she has never found the reason for stating loyalty to an inanimate object, especially a flag, but she assumed that it was merely patriotic nationalism. She has stated her loyalty for many years attending schools, but her curiosity wasn't that great to know why an entire school stood up to salute a flag. It was fun participation, so she didn't complain much. When the pledge of allegiance was over she sat back down at her seat, listening in to the announcements while looking over her schedule. Lunch: Fourth period. Thank the lord. The bell rang, signaling that all students should head to their classes. Faye got up, and walked around the school aimlessly until she found History, her favorite school subject.
Wam bam, thank you time skip!
Faye exited her classroom and headed towards the cafeteria. She didn't really make any friends up 'til this point so she was hoping to meet a couple of people that can catch her interest. She scanned the room and much to her surprise, most of the tables were full with conversing students while she was just standing there looking for a table. At this point, she would have been utterly upset that she had to go through the first day alone, but she has gotten much more independent now. She found two boys sitting at a not-at-all-full table and decided to take the initiative to go out there and mingle. She walked over to them right after she got her food and looked straight at the boys' tray and not directly into their eyes. She didn't say she was good at making friends, she was just independent. "Excuse me.. May I join you two?"

Last edited:
Peter looked up to the scruffy looking boy as he slowly started to stop chewing his apple. He kept his eyes on the boy for a moment and wondered if he was serious or not. I mean why would a kid like him want to hang out with a suit wearing rich kid? Well yeah he was rich but at the same time guys like him didn't usually care for rich kids. Then again he was in the same homeroom as he was. Maybe he was just looking for somewhere quiet to sit. Peter stopped chewing and gulped down the chunk of apple he had in his mouth and smiled kindly up at the boy...what was him name? Liam? Lyle? Leon? Did his name even start with a L? "Of course I don't have a problem with you sitting here. Just...don't be too rambunctious. I'm a bit tired I had gym after I got out of homeroom." Peter said with a kind and indifferent tone and a smile as he nodded his head and moved over. "So what's your na-" Peter began to ask as suddenly a girl walked over to him and he looked at her curiously. She was pretty enough he supposed but all the same he didn't really feel anything towards the stranger. "Oh um of course you can! More the merrier no?" Peter said as he straightened out his suit's tie underneath his handkerchief. He used it to make sure the apple's juice didn't spill onto his nice clean clothes. Expensive clothes went to waste if he didn't keep them clean. Regardless Peter pushed himself over a little more towards the edge of the table and nodded again keeping his smile. He tried his best not to look awkward but he feared it wasn't working.

"My name's Leon. And don't worry, I won't start any trouble. I'm usually the one who goes after the people who start trouble." Leon said with a smile as he sat down at the table with Peter then a young lady asked if she could join them. "I don't mind either." Leo said with a smile as he moved over as well.

Faye finally tilted her head up to look at the two boys. Both looked physically appealing to the eye, but she didn't really care much for appearance. It was a personality thing, and she hasn't even gotten used to them. But why was she thinking about that? She was here for friends, it was way too early into the year to even be thinking about pursuing anyone. She noticed that both of them scooted over, perhaps to make room for her. Well, aren't they the gentlemen of the party. Without thinking, she sat right next to the one named Leon. Thank goodness she stepped into their presence at the right time. One name learned. Fay didn't touch her food, instead she just sat there, keeping her hands under the table as she passed small glances to the two boys.

"I sincerely apologize for interrupting your conversation. Don't mind me. Oh, and, I'm Faye. Faye Riley."

Faye pulled her hands out of the table, making sure that she didn't bump into Leon while she did so. Her hands grabbed at the apple that sat on her tray but instead of eating it, she just moved her wrist around examining the apple like it was a completely unfamiliar lifeform.

Anastasia stood up and placed her right hand over her heart. Staring at the flag, she recited the Pledge of Alliance alongside everyone else. It was something they did every morning and by now, it just annoyed her. Once they finished wasting their time, Anastasia sat in her seat once again and pulled herself closer to her desk. She watched as Mr. Thompson walked over to the corner TV and switched it on. The screen showed Royce Harper, the stuck up Student Council President as he read the morning announcements. Stifling a yawn, she heard chuckles from the girls around her. They were all her 'friends'. At least, the ones who didn't know about her true self. The next bit was him talking about that rumor going around that was now put to rest as it was true. It was the strange flu that was keeping kids home for a few days. He told them to wash their hands and report to the Nurse's office if they felt unwell. Same old news that didn't pique her interest whatsoever. After the announcements, Mr. Thompson switched the TV off and began his teaching. Eventually, the bell rang which signaled that class was over.

|| Time Skip ||

It was now lunch time and Gym was over. Like usual, Anastasia was barely affected and gained praise from her so called friends. She had always been good at Gym since she was very Athletic from all her training to stay in shape. After taking a quick shower in the Girl's Locker Room, Anastasia dried off and got dressed once more. After that, she traveled with her squad to the Cafeteria, smiling and laughing. Walking in, they split up and Anastasia walked over to the large circle table near the window. Ava, Anastasia's private maid, walked over to the table with two lunch bags in her hand. She sat down beside Anastasia and set one of them in front of her. "Hope you weren't starving." Ava chuckled, causing Anastasia to sigh. "Your a life-saver." She replied while opening her lunch. Minutes later, the group of girls sat at the table at a conversation about boys started. Anastasia listened to their rambling, her eyes down-cast while she ate so they wouldn't ask her any stupid questions. Right now was probably the best time to see her true colors. Ava had joined in on the conversation so that just made her stand out more.

8072319a9081810b6b4ed29156674649.jpg

Jocelyn packed up her things as the bell rang, heading out of the classroom last. She walked over to the lunch room, taking a seat and setting her lunch bag on the table. As she pulled a sandwich out of it, she looked around. She wouldn't make any friends just sitting around, right? She didn't really notice any familiar faces and simply started eating her sandwich. It wasn't anything special, just a lone girl eating lunch by herself. She didn't want the year to go like this, her school years to go like this. Looking around once more, she still hadn't noticed anyone she felt she could talk to. She sighed and was about to resume eating when she finally noticed.

Behind her, there seemed to be a girl who was alone. Well, she wasn't really alone, there were a number of people with her. But she wasn't talking with them, almost as if she didn't want to be there.

"Um, hey, something wrong?" she asked Anastasia.

The topic of boys had kept going but it had gotten worse. Now, they were asking each other who liked who. Anastasia knew her time was limited until they'd all turn to her. However, it wouldn't happen. Before they could get to her, a girl with brown hair appeared. Everyone turned to face them both and Anastasia knew part of her true self had been shown. Quickly, she put on a smile and looked at the girl. "Nothing's wrong! I'm perfectly fine." She lied. She could feel the stare of Ava, since she was the only one who knew the whole truth. Everyone else shrugged and continued their conversation. Except one. Sarah, a girl with blonde locks that stretched to her waist and icy blue eyes, was staring at Jocelyn with pursed lips. "Who the hell are you?" She asked codly. Anastasia recognized the look in Sarah's eyes. You see, this was the table for those accepted into the Populars. And anyone who wasn't Popular that came to the table without any relations, would receive a year of bullying.

Thinking quickly, Anastasia stood up and put an arm around the girl's neck.
"My guest. Everyone this is...." She trailed off. Anastasia didn't know this girl's name and everyone was staring at her. That's when Ava came to the rescue. That girl knew everyone by name as she was the Principals helper. Without being seen, she mouthed 'Jocelyn'. Smiling wider, Anastasia looked at the group. "Jocelyn." She continued. After a close inspection, Sarah shrugged and returned to her conversation about fashion. With a sigh of relief, Anastais turned to the girl. "Wanna join us?" She asked quietly, still fake smiling.

Aw, crap, I didn't want to gather this much attention.

"I, um, I see," she answered as Anastasia lied. Then Sarah turned to stare her down. Jocelyn was a bit unnerved, and almost averted her gaze before Anastasia stood up. She lied to help her out, huh? Well...that wasn't too bad, then. Jocelyn sighed in relief as the other girl did as well.

"...Sure, I guess," she responded, grabbing her stuff and taking a seat next to her. "Thanks for helping me out, um...?"

"My name's Leon. And don't worry, I won't start any trouble. I'm usually the one who goes after the people who start trouble." Leon said with a smile as he sat down at the table with Peter then a young lady asked if she could join them. "I don't mind either." Leo said with a smile as he moved over as well.
"Well for what it's worth it's is nice to meet both of you. So what made you decide to come to this school? Academics are really important here. I mean they kick you out if you don't get good enough grades. I know the school is fancy and all but for example, if you don't mind me saying this, Leon you do not look like the type to chill around this place if you get what I mean. You look like the type to be around a public school somewhere down in Brooklyn with the tougher boys. I'm sure Miss Faye has her own reasons for not going to sit with other girls but I won't ask for them mother told me not to ask girls too many questions. It's rude." Peter said quietly and awkwardly as he tapped finger on the small bag he had with him trying his best to be social. He didn't really talk all to much to people he didn't know or have known common interests. It made things weird as if a bird was flying with a different type of bird. They didn't mix and it made it all that much stranger to see. To his credit though Peter remained polite and didn't stumble on his words at all.

Last edited:
"Looks can be deceiving. The staff at my old school got tired of me pointing out their mistakes and putting bullies in their place. I know I look like the kind of guy that likes to pick a fight, but I don't go looking for trouble." Leon said "if a troublemaker wants me, they generally know where to wait for me."

Anastasia put her hand out to Jocelyn. "Anastasia Knightly, daughter of Kate Knightly." She told her with a kind voice. How does this girl not know me? My mother's a famous world renowned author. But then again, we only have the same facial features and eyes. She thought to herself. It was no surprise but Sarah knew who she was from her first day here. And since she was rich and got along with Sarah, she was allowed to join the Populars. However, it was different for Ava. At first, they bullied her on Sarah's command but after Anastasia said they lived together, Ava was allowed to join the Populars. Since Freshman year, everyone at the table were friends. The only problem, was that Anastasia felt more comfortable around guys cause in truth, she was a tomboy. Mentally sighing, Anastasia wished the day would hurry up and end.

Silence..

Her class was boring for the most part, as she mainly just sat there, listening to the teacher whilst really not paying too much mind to them. Although she needed to pay attention, it was easy for her to just pick up not he important things and eventually space off. Her seat was in the back row by the window, right where a flowerbed sat swaying back and forth. She kept staring out the window, until the teacher finally snapped the girl back to reality. "Ambrosia! I know you are passing the class with flying colours but please, learn to pay more attention!" The teacher shouted out, in a strict manner and the female winced a little at the sound. "Alright.." She mumbled, opening up her notebook that already had notes on most of this lesson already. If the teacher asked her to look in the notebook, it's be pretty pointless for them since there were already notes. Yup, this was going to be a long day...

She was in the area with the higher grades being, and she could just see a few buildings on campus from out her window. There she went, spacing out again as the teacher was scolding her; just like every other day.

|| Time Skip ||

Lunch time had finally managed to creep to her, as she let out a sigh of relief. Packing up her bags, and trying her best to rush out the door before the teacher could catch her to give her an earful. First it was English class, and she just had finished her Science class; which wasn't too bad since they were learning about ecology. Others found it boring, however. So far, there was still no word from the flower that she had sent; hopefully some kid didn't find it and picked it, killing it from the ground. The thought of that gave her shivers, only to take a couple of deep breaths, and relax. Right now it was lunch, it was time to eat and socialize, no need to feel so negative.

Turns out, others have already grouped up and such. Although some people have invited her, she turned them down with a smile on her face, since she rather sit and eat alone. Either that, or to meet new people; both were likely. "Lets see... What should I do..?"

"Looks can be deceiving. The staff at my old school got tired of me pointing out their mistakes and putting bullies in their place. I know I look like the kind of guy that likes to pick a fight, but I don't go looking for trouble." Leon said "if a troublemaker wants me, they generally know where to wait for me."
"I suppose you're right though those words seem funny coming from a boy your age. I shouldn't be so quick to judge but I hope you understand I don't like judging people by your appearances it's just natural instinct." Peter said calmly as he looked around and out of the corner of his eye he saw one girl who looked rather...depressed...such a thing wouldn't be out of the ordinary but she looked like she was just flat out sick of life even from that brief glimpse he could tell she wasn't well. That wasn't too out of the ordinary but her body motion made it seem like she was tired. "Oh dear."
Peter said as he looked at the young woman discreetly and saw as she sat down by herself. "Poor girl I hope she's doing alright." Peter said as he turned back to his fellows as he sipped some ice water from a bottle in his lunch bag. "I didn't think a person like that would exist this early in the year." Peter mumbled as he turned back to his classmates. "Well...anyways what are you two eating?" Peter said clumsily as he sipped on his water trying to change the subject quickly. However he still failed to notice the girl who had arrived after Anna.

(Note the above girl is a generic student not any of the other player characters)

Last edited:
"Oh, nice to meet you. I'm Jocelyn Althaus." She'd figured the girl only knew her name due to the maid's mouthing, so introducing herself properly couldn't hurt. Unlike Anastasia, Jocelyn didn't have any real status to speak of. She was only ever "rich" in comparison to her poor friends.

She seemed to fidget around a little as she sat at the table. She wasn't accustomed to sitting with so many people, even if most of them paid her no mind.

Figuring she had to make conversation somehow, she racked her mind for something to talk about.

"Um, you mentioned your mother? Is she like really famous or something?" Jocelyn asked honestly. She had never heard of the author, famous though she may be.

Anastasia nodded and shook the girls hand. "It's nice to meet you, Jocelyn." She told her before pulling her hand back. If anyone other than Ava saw that, things would get bad. Fast. Anastasia took a bite of her chicken Cesar salad but noticed Jocelyn was shifting her body a lot. She must be uncomfortable. Heh, can't blame her. Anastasia thought to herself before taking a few more bites of her salad. Delicious. Anastasia said to herself. She was going to take another bite bit was interrupted by Jocelyn asking about her mother.

"Yes. My mother has sold nothing but amazing books that get fabulous feedback. The critics love her books." Anastasia answered, setting her fork down and turning to Jocelyn. "Kate Knightly writes books about love, finding yourself, mystery, ghosts, fantasy, modern fantasy, sci-fi, and the list goes on." Anastasia added before resting her elbows on the table, entwining her fingers under her chin, and resting her chin on them. "The main characters in her books all have a little part of me. Whether it's something I like, dislike, how I act, etc." She pointed out, smiling ever so softly. Whenever she talked about her moms work, Anastasia felt happy cause it reminded her of her reason for wanting to be big in the world. "Mothers most popular books are her teen romance novels." Anastasia continued. Suddenly, she thought of something. Turning to Jocelyn, she as smiling widely. "If you want, you can come to my place."

@Kaykay

Faye finally took a bite of her apple, chewing it slowly to not smack her mouth or make a lot of noise. She wasn't really fond of eating in front of strangers. You can get a lot about a person from the way they eat. At least, that's what she thought.

"I gotta be frank with you guys, but I don't usually enjoy large crowds of people. Which is why I've decided to sit here. There's no need to concern about the number of questions you bombard me with, just ask me. I'd be happy to answer them." While she said this in a very stern, serious, and sophisticated manner, she never looked either of them in the eye. As time passed by and the boys conversed, Faye listened. Troublemakers, lunch, and girls. It was better than nothing. Wait. Girl? Faye leaned back, peering at the lonely girl that Peter had mentioned. Faye pursed her lips in sympathy but didn't have the courage to go and interact with said girl. Instead, she sat upright, looking at the boys with a gleeful stare. Faye took another bite of her apple, chewed for a couple seconds, swallowed, and began speaking.
"Right now? I'm eating an apple. My digestive system doesn't really hold much. Just a whole apple will keep me full for a good four hours."
She looked towards Leon, then his tray, then back at him, waiting for his obvious response. Faye was definitely not a party person, she was quiet, and hoped that the people she was with didn't mind as she quietly gnawed away at her apple until another question was thrown her way, or she wanted to join in on an interesting conversation.

"I've been top of my class for a while even though I don't look like I would even be in the bottom twenty five percent. I have a photographic memory. Which is why I get top marks in my classes. It's normal to judge people based on how they look and act when you first meet. Human nature." Leon said with a shrug "and yeah, Brooklyn is where I'm calling home. Also where I learned how to fight. But I'm not like those punks. They go looking for trouble while trouble finds me. I'm also not one to start a fight without a reason. They fight just to get a kick out of it. Another part of why I'm at this school." Leon then looked at the girl Peter mentioned and then said "I'll be right back. I don't like seeing a sad face even at a school." before he walked over to her and said "excuse me, would you like to join us? We got plenty of room and we don't bite. My name's Leon." before motioning to the table he had his tray at.

Well that's sweet, trying to Pull her out of her shell

The girl was just about to take a bite of her lunch until she was inturrupted by a male who had approached her. He was one of those people who would put others off just by being approached, but she was better than to judge someone by their label and appearance. She wasn't so much as depressed, just not as optimistic as other people.
"Hmm? Oh, um.." The girl thought for a moment, as though pondering. She was at least considering the idea, and came to the conclusion that... She might as well meet some new people. The female smiled, nodding her head in response. "Sure... Why not?"

"My name is Ambrosia." The girl said, slowly getting up with her tray in her hands. Her hazel nut brown hair was tied up in a side ponytail, with a cluster of hair put in a braid and put over her head, as though as to act as a braided headband. She was wearing the usual school uniform though, since she wasn't fond of breaking the school rules.

"Nice to meet you, Leon." She nodded her head, as though to bow. No, they didn't do this in America, but she still found it to be polite.
@Victor Markov

Status
Not open for further replies.