Public Service Announcement: Type your BEST English when roleplaying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
It's time once again, guys and gals, for a very important Public Service Announcement brought to you by Plot Bunnies!

When you are writing your roleplay posts; Please use your best English, Grammar and Typing Skills.

This is VERY important for the following reasons:

Iwaku is a MULTI NATIONAL community! Not everyone is from English speaking communities. Our bilingual members are not going to understand shorthand or text speak. They need to be able to read your posts clearly to understand them.

Everyone ELSE would like to be able to read your posts. In order for members to be able to -respond- to your roleplay posts and interact with your characters, they need to be able to -understand- what happened in your post. If they can't read it, they can't play with you!

Before you hit "POST" check the following:

- Don't use ANY shorthand or text speak or 1337 speak.
- Check to make sure you have added CAPITAL LETTERS where they belong.
- Check to make sure you have added proper PUNCTUATION.
- Spellcheck and glance for typos. (Many browsers have addons, or you can use Spellcheck.net.)

These are really simple to do quick and easy. Your fellow players will appreciate the time you take to make your posts readable and it will improve everyone's roleplay experience.

Thank you! :D

I'll do my best, Diana.

I hope so, Asmo. You're one of the worst offenders!

0 :3

About time someone addressed Asmo's confusing use of British slang.

Ah yes, we are back to this again. The standard "PLEASE CHECK YOUR SHIT" post that must be made when the newbies pour in and the oldies start to get lazy/senile. Cheers to you Di, you fucking fox, you. :D *wineglass clink*

Jack, I thought that's what that 30 minute interview was for: calling him on his slang. So it was for nothing? Damn, what a waste of time. :(
(It's OK, guys, I'm teaching him how to say 'get'yer ass back in the truck')

And Ah'm too tired to spellcheck this! DX

What an unusual and irrational outburst.

*puts Tegan back in the truck*

Status
Not open for further replies.