Public Service Announcement: Mature Area Reform and new Mature Content Rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! As soon as they are 18, they will HAVE to switch from the Under 18 forum to the 18+ forum. So it would be possible and perfectly okay to continue the RP at that time.

Can I ask a question?

Differentiating here, what is considered mature? I think I get the idea, that with warnings you can post what you'd like in the public area, and you are only allowed to mention sex rather than DO sex in public, but is a lot of blood considered mature? Will I be in trouble for a violent gory RP with a younger member, or does nobody care about violence as much as sex?

(I have gotten in trouble for my violence elsewhere. ;.;)

And in the public section, with proper tags, can I suggest something naughty as long as there is no actual naked sex?

And another question, if i'm roleplaying with someone under aged and just 'fade to black', can we keep the rp flowing or will it still be prohibited? o: sorry if it sounds dumb but, you know just wanna be crystal clear xD

For this purpose, Mature = graphic sexual content! While extreme gory violence should probably be given warning tags and/or discussed beforehand with partners to avoid triggers, it is not a legal issue.

And of course you can mention naughty things. Just no graphic detail, basically.

So yes, fading to black is also fine!

Wait, I'm confused. So, you're changing the age rules so that the people you're roleplaying with are of your age, but you can still be as explicit as you please?

It is okay to do kinky things with people your own age! It is not okay to do them with people who are adults if you're underage, or for them to do it with you. We could take away your right to do naughty stuff entirely, but the idea is that as long as no one is endangered and you all behave responsibly, we are willing to give this a try. This will be revoked if you are not responsible.

7 Hours ago in staff...

"Perhaps if we make sure that people can only pass using a word of some sort."
"Yes, maybe we can implement a word of..."pass"..."
"It sounds crazy enough let's do it."

Don't worry it's easy, after all publicaly just act like their is a teacher monitoring your conversation with your bros.

The point of it is to protect our members.
So that people over eighteen don't get in trouble having "obscene sexual conversations" with minors. So, yes.

And so that minors aren't in danger of being taken advantage of by way older people.

And so that no one has Chris Hanson show up with a TV crew.

And so that people will follow the rules and be responsible!

Totally!

*facepalm* Yep shot over everyone's head high five Orion!

What I'm trying to establish is this was my feelings from the start. So time to dish out another few high fives for the staff for getting on board the Law Train.

One question, if my partner went on a vacation and our thread is on hold, what would happen? I can't get in touch with him to do a verification after all.

You'll just have to wait for him to return and go from there. Hopefully he's in the same age group as you. If not, shake hands and know that life sometimes kills RPs.

I'm glad I checked this i wouldn't want to get someone in trouble for RPing with me or get myself in trouble for RPing with them . . . So how exactly does this work? So it's 18 and older have to RP with 18 and older and 16 and 17 have to rp with each other?

Because the younger members are not going to be playing with any adults they'll allow 13-17 to play in the Mature Teen section. However if people abuse this in sme fashion this permission may be revoked. Any one who is 18 or older is not allowed in the Teen section, just as no one under 18 is allowed in the Adult.

lolling at the word hoohahs. XD

Because there's like laws or something about adults and minors, better to be safe than sorry my little peeps. B)

Thank you for making me aware of these new rules, I think they are handy to have :3 . Just hope those who are effected by this aren't inconvenienced a lot :/

What about if someone was roleplaying via Private Messages? I don't personally, but some people might (I have no idea why, but just asking)... Would it be up to both partners to make sure they are over 18 - or below 18 - or does the same rule not apply?

Status
Not open for further replies.