1. Intermediate
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern, Romance, Action, Dark

We all hate public bathrooms right? They're just disgusting and flat out awkward to use -_- What are some horror stories you have involving public bathrooms?

When I was in high school, I made a horrible fatal mistake that will forever scar me. While I was in Spanish class, I asked the teacher to let me go to the bathroom and got a hall pass. When I arrived at the nearest girls' bathroom and opened the door, I was greeted with a damn crime scene! Not literally obviously!

I saw dirty pads/tampons, blood, urine, and fecal matter all over the fucking bathroom and I ran for my fucking life. I didn't care that I held everything in until I got home either!

Needless to say, the only bathrooms I used at school were the ones in the gym and the JROTC building since no one used those and they were safe.

Thank God I'm not in high school anymore!

The worst public bathrooms I've ever been to were in China. Specifically, China pre-Beijing Olympics, as the Olympics set in motion a bunch of wide-scale changes to accommodate tourists.

In any case, Chinese bathrooms back before '08 were predominantly 'squatters', toilets more or less installed into the ground, where you'd have to squat over on the floor to 'do your business'. There were quite a few where they were basically holes in the floor - in these cases there seemed to be... not much of a piping system, and more that the, uh, 'droppings' were literally just sent into a section beneath the ground to rot and fester.

As you can expect, this was a disaster as far as smells and potential accidents went, and 9/10 every single floor was covered in smeared matter. My most vivid memory is walking into one of these bathrooms while a janitor was working, getting a whiff, and immediately unleashing vomit on the ground.

Poor janitor.

I wouldn't say this is a disgusting story, but it involved a bathroom in the public. At the time, it was horrifying. I guess even then it was still horrifyingly funny. ANYWAY....

I was driving back home with a friend. It's like a 2.5 hour drive. Well, she didn't live on the same side of town that I did which meant the GPS took me a different way. It was a horrible way. She and I really needed to go to the bathroom, but we were on this long stretch of road with no end in site. So, I just looked for a bathroom using my GPS. It routed us to one, but it was farther down a tiny road.

We get to it, and it is the only thing on the road. It is very dark with one single light. Since we couldn't hold it any longer, we get out only to be greeted with eerie silence. We go into the building and the couple people who are there just stare at as. I wandered around, couldn't see a bathroom and asked about one. They told me it was outside around the corner. So, that's where I went. The bathrooms were locked down with a gate. I went back in, they gave me a key, and I opened the gate and went into the single toilet bathroom only to find there was no light. It's not like I could leave the door open. Even if I did, the single light was too far away. I got my phone turned on the flash light and instantly turned it back off. It was a horror scene! Spiders. Everywhere. Cockroaches. The toilet had black gunk on it.

I think that's the fastest I've ever peed.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dipper
Unwrapped tampons and/or pads in the little trash can in the stall, blood spots on the toilet during high school... >__> I thought girls were more clean than boys, looks like I was wrong...

Unwrapped tampons and/or pads in the little trash can in the stall, blood spots on the toilet during high school... >__> I thought girls were more clean than boys, looks like I was wrong...

I feel your pain sweetie :( Girls are FAR worse than boys when it comes to bathrooms!

I feel your pain sweetie :( Girls are FAR worse than boys when it comes to bathrooms!

And that's why I'm glad I don't go to high school anymore. They were terrible with keeping things clean. XD

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: SacredWarrior
Honestly, the washroom at my work can be awful. Some folks must have some kind of bowel issues - like, it can smell like someone vomited out their butt. I've choked when trying to just pee in there since the smell basically smogs out the entire bathroom.

For that reason, I opt to walk up and down five flights of stairs to go to the "secret" bathroom down there instead. e_e

One time I made eye contact with the guy next to me. No words, just prolonged, uncomfortable eye contact.

Never again.

There's a cafe a town over that I love to go to, but their bathroom is literally a closet. There is enough room for you and the sink and that is it. I was not aware that I was claustrophobic until I used that bathroom. I felt like I was peeing in an upright coffin. And the add to the horror the door sticks. Yay. I have not used it since my first encounter. It's much more comfortable to use the one in the gift shop next door.

We all hate public bathrooms right?
Wrong....

But I'm not here to be a huge buzzkill, so here's my story.

I was in Copenhagen and had to use the bathroom. There was a stall on the street that was totally free (rarity in european countries tbh). It was some high tech marvel, self-cleaning piece of... idk how to describe it. Actually this. It was very much like this:
[spoili]
But not this exact thing. [/spoili]

Anyway, to make a long story short, I had multiple problems.

- couldn't figure out how to close the door behind me. Took me like 5 minutes to figure this shit out
- could not figure out how to lock the damn door behind me. Finally gave up and told my mom to guard the door.
- Couldn't figure out how to flush
- couldn't figure out how to work the faucet
- WHY IS THIS BATHROOM SMARTER THAN I AM

Exited the bathroom, there were other tourists behind me, I started apologizing about the condition I left the bathroom in (you know, being unable to flush and all that) and then, all by itself, the door closed and the stall commenced its 5 minute cleaning ritual, where it presumably cleaned fucking everything and left it sparkly clean, much to my and the other tourists' amusement (and lament, since they really didn't want to wait to use the bathroom).
I don't know, I left in sheer embarrassment.

You Europeans need some toilet standards. You have so many different types of toilets with so many different ways of operating them that I actually started taking photos of them to document how many different designs there are.

Actually now that I mention that, let me see if I took a pic of this damn smartass toilet.
[10 minutes later]

Looks like I didn't. Guess I was in too much of a hurry to leave. So here, have this toilet from Helsinki (or possibly Turku, I can't remember), Finland instead:
[spoili]
VTEhG1d.jpg

GVn6mF5.jpg

[/spoili]

European toilets need to come with instruction manuals, alright.
Especially you, Britian. Who the fuck flushes toilets by pulling a cords in the ceiling?
and Ireland, why the fuck is a cord in the ceiling how you operate the hot water for the shower?

Y'all's plumbing standards are all fucked up.

The gents toilets at a bar I used to go to on a fairly regular basis always had a fair amount of standing liquid on the floor. I always kind of hoped it was water but I'm pretty sure it wasn't. I had nightmares that involved falling over in that particular rest room. I think burning the clothes would have been the bare necessity.

Especially you, Britian. Who the fuck flushes toilets by pulling a cords in the ceiling?

Because I'm curious, do you mean something like this? If so it just an old fashioned design for toilets although quite trendy in certain circles.
wc.jpg

Last edited:
I walked into a train toilet, and then the only other empty cubicle was covered in pee. UGHH

And I am pretty sure the occupied cubicle had a couple really...going at it with their fucking zzz

Because I'm curious, do you mean something like this? If so it just an old fashioned design for toilets although quite trendy in certain circles.
Yes, but iirc there were also a few that were legit the ceiling. I could be wrong, The last time I was in the UK was like 2005 or something.

Anyway, I was mostly making jokes, there... I'm not actually made at those countries lol. I know that if it's not broken, there's no sense in updating the plumbing in those oldass buildings. xD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Applo
Status
Not open for further replies.