Public Apology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shakespeare wishes he was quoted this much.

Reactions: serge and Brovo
I think we should all really take a step back and just appreciate the bravery and selflessness required when Asmo first initiated such an apology. <3

Go Asmo

Go Asmo

Go Asmo

Hoo! hoo! hoo!

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
tumblr_mpujkmMlhT1sp8n79o4_500.gif

• Love
Reactions: Torsty
So, Iwaku has a deep-seated aversion to debates and Asmodeus launched a personal crusade against a collection of foreign internet personalities in an effort to make them ragequit the forum.

Going to be real here for a moment: the latter is so mind-numbingly ridiculous that I find it difficult to believe that it actually happened, although the sheer number of morally defunct forum moderators and administrators that I've run up against over the years actually gives this confession a pinch of validation.

Tribalism at its finest I guess.

although the sheer number of morally defunct forum moderators and administrators that I've run up against over the years actually gives this confession a pinch of validation.

So, Iwaku has a deep-seated aversion to debates and Asmodeus launched a personal crusade against a collection of foreign internet personalities in an effort to make them ragequit the forum.

Going to be real here for a moment: the latter is so mind-numbingly ridiculous that I find it difficult to believe that it actually happened, although the sheer number of morally defunct forum moderators and administrators that I've run up against over the years actually gives this confession a pinch of validation.

Mkaaaay so I might agree that that was a teensy bit fucked up on Asmo's part, reading about it and all.

But like, at least he apologized. Which is a lot better than him not telling anyone and then having the truth come out some other way. So like I'd say he's of good moral standing, currently.

...I dunno, I'm just not the type to hold grudges.

Asmo fessed up apologized, so assuming he doesn't go back on his word and begin doing that stuff again there really isn't anything else to be asking from him.
He might have made a poor/lousy call, but right now he's handling the mistake in the best way possible.

Mkaaaay so I might agree that that was a teensy bit fucked up on Asmo's part, reading about it and all.

But like, at least he apologized. Which is a lot better than him not telling anyone and then having the truth come out some other way. So like I'd say he's of good moral standing, currently.

...I dunno, I'm just not the type to hold grudges.
No, I'm not holding a grudge.

Frankly, that special breed of unadulterated hatred is reserved solely for real-life (yet brief) belligerents, seasoned assholes of pristine quality that somehow manage to penetrate the parameters of my life for an extended integer of time, and specific tribes of annoying humans that I particularly loath with a burning passion.

Though, I will admit: I did fall for one of his bait threads about a month or two ago, but after that one blunder on my part, I put him on my subconscious "shit list" and left it at that.

The apology was accepted (even though I wasn't a key target of Asmos' shenanigans because, post count wise, I'm not important in the slightest), but not once have I witnessed a forum user--any forum user for that matter--protect his E-territory like that.

It's impressive, absurd, and relatively disturbing.

Call the above a form of admiration if you want. Your guess is as good as mine.

I guess we can't all be well-adjusted online roleplayers.

Reactions: Orochi
1)
There are shit starters, and then there's those who are just passionate about something.
So someone who is passionate about an opposite viewpoint is therefore a shit starter?

2) I think it had something to do with Asmodeus engaging in his usual scruffy banter and then being showered with downratings from people who didn't have the slightest clue. In fact, in the beginning he wasn't even "baiting" - he was doing what he did with people who knew what he did.

Some people here really need to live a few more years to mellow out.

• Useful
Reactions: Azarthes
The entire point of this thread was for apologies, not drama which is basically whay the apologies are for. Why complain about something that someone is trying to make amends for when it doesn't really effect you?

Either way, the purpose of this thread isn't to debate. Accept the apology or don't. But don't start a bunch of pointless arguments over it in the thread.

2) I think it had something to do with Asmodeus engaging in his usual scruffy banter and then being showered with downratings from people who didn't have the slightest clue. In fact, in the beginning he wasn't even "baiting" - he was doing what he did with people who knew what he did.

Not to get into any of this anymore than it's already been gotten into..

But to people that didn't know Asmodeus like everyone did when they first joined all we saw was a cynical and somewhat bluntly rude individual that said what he wanted and got away with it. As time progressed then yeah, ya' notice 'oh, he was a mod' 'huh, he's a major veteran, that's why'. To a newbie it was kinda grating to see someone post something silly and Asmo chime in being the only post and say (Something along the lines of) "Your opinion is shit and is stupid.".

First impressions are important. People are fickle early on.

To apologize I was probably the very same early on when I first began lurking general for threads I found relevance in. There's more than one member I know left or took a hiatus directly after I made a remark.

1) So someone who is passionate about an opposite viewpoint is therefore a shit starter?
"There are shit starters, and then there's those who are just passionate about something".

I'm saying they're separate things, not the same thing.

Can we all shut up now please?

BROVO! CLOSE THE THREAD!

*looks up from his news paper*

*Checks his name tag*

*Goes back to reading since his name is "ɹǝʇǝԀ"*

1)

So someone who is passionate about an opposite viewpoint is therefore a shit starter?

1) No way, there tend to be shit starters on both sides of any internet argument. There sure as hell have been some who agreed with me in some of the threads when I was debating/arguing with you, for instance. I've disagreed with you on a lot of things but you've never really been a shit starter. Hell, I've been a shit starter now and then. It's not anywhere near as clear cut as "us vs them."

2) Yep, that is what I remember as the first instance of Asmo and the late summer/early fall crop of newbies getting into a silly fight. Old news though, not sure why you brought it up here. Kind of awkward when everyone else is kinda hugging it out in water under the bridge mode, y'know?

• Thank You
Reactions: unanun
Can we all shut up now please?

BROVO! CLOSE THE THREAD!
A wise suggestion. This thread has run its course and done its job. :ferret:

*Reaches over and locks the door*

We're all pretty princesses. Let's all remember that.

Status
Not open for further replies.