[Psychological Horror/Modern Fantasy] Face your fears...or die trying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moogle-Girl

Morality Kitchen Sinker
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Online Availability
I work full time, so I'm usually not on until after 6PM EST on weekdays. (Weekends are free game though.)
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Futanari
  4. No Preferences
Genres
Urban/modern fantasy, psychological horror, fandom using OCs (no canon characters except in mentions!)
Hello and welcome to The Nightscraper!
Where your darkest fears come alive!
Can you make it to the top for the million dollar prize?
Or will your fears get the best of you?

That was the heading on the invitation you received. You have been selected to participate in the hot new game show, The Nightscraper, where people from around the world come together to challenge their most powerful fears on national television for a great big pile of money. Each floor gets progressively more terrifying...but what you don't know is that the danger also climbs as you do.

Everyone thinks that all of the monsters dwelling within the Nightscraper are illusions or holograms, that there isn't really any danger, but that is a grave misunderstanding. Terrifying beasts run the show in secret. In fact the whole show is nothing more than a feeding frenzy for them. There are two races here, working together for their dinner:

The Somni are twisted humanoids with the magic of creating illusions. They feed off of the fear of other creatures, using their powers to conjure twisted nightmares. While the spells they weave are not material, the effects definitely are: Somni drain their victims' emotional strength and willpower, using fear as a catalyst.

The Shades, on the other hand, are shadowy beings, barely intelligent, that desire nothing more than destruction. Once the Somni have broken their victims into husks of their former selves, the Shades dive in and finish the job, leaving nothing more than a bloody smear on the floor.

This RP will not be for the faint of heart, but if you want to play something dark, this is the RP for you. There will be gore and copious amounts of mind rape. Player characters will only be human, but I will allow some magical ability. You can play a contestant on the show, someone working for the Somni and Shades, a spy trying to take the show down from the inside...anything you want, really.

Questions about the story, rules, etc. are welcome. Would anyone be interested?​

Last edited:
Excellent, thank you! I was hoping for at least four people before I got started. If you're popping in but you're not thinking of joining, do you have any ideas as to how I could improve the premise?

Last edited:
Hooray, that's two!

I love this idea, so I may join too!

• Thank You
Reactions: Moogle-Girl
Excellent! :D I was getting worried that people wouldn't be interested. .w.' I'm gonna be fairly busy today so I'll get to work on the OOC tomorrow night, probably.

Last edited:
Should we think about making character yet? I'd like to make sure I can join before saying so, but do you have a CS in mind? And are you gonna make a sign up post?

Sorry for all the questions( ̄◇ ̄;)

Whoops, yeah I meant to say OOC, not IC. owo' I'll be having a character sheet.

• Thank You
Reactions: King
Whoops, yeah I meant to say OOC, not IC. owo' I'll be having a character sheet.

Sweet! I accidentally pressed dislike I'm sorry whoops

Last edited:
Ah, nevermind, I figured it out.

Plenty of time! I think I'm going to give it a few more days, maybe make a banner to see if anyone else is interested.

Reactions: KillGill
Status
Not open for further replies.