Psychic Summer Camp (A Psychonauts inspired Roleplay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ghost Note

Man on the Moon II.
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Usually when I'm not working, later on in the day.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Douche
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Nonbinary
  2. Transgender
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
  4. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Scifi, Modern, Urban Fantasy, Horror, Superpowers/Superheroes, slice of life with a twist.
Alright, homies. I've been playing a lot of Psychonauts recently, and the recurring idea of doing a roleplay similar to it has popped in my head repeatably. Recently, I came up with a few solid ideas for it (And for it's characters). It will not be a fandom RP per-se, but it will have some heavy themes from the game. Alright, so the basic idea is that there's a large summer camp hidden somewhere for psychic kids. Kids that have mind powers such as telekinesis, ESP, precognition and so on. I'm thinking that everyone will have minor telepathy by default (By that I mean sending and receiving thoughts), but everyone will be able to choose their own powers. But here's the system I came up with in regards to these powers. A single character can have multiple psychic powers, but the more they have, the weaker they will all be. So someone specializing in telekinesis wouldn't be redundant in the face of someone with say... Telepathy, telekinesis, esp, psychometry, and procognition. The other idea I had is that I assign everyone their powers based on a few factors (It might be more time consuming, but it'd certainly be interesting).

So, thoughts? I'm open to any and all ideas.

I like the idea, i played a lot of Psyconauts myself, but it was a long while ago. This does sound very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.