PSA Of the Day: If it doesn't say "Debate", don't try to Debate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's say that I, Person A, post a thread about how much I love oranges.

Person B then posts in my thread about oranges and says that he prefers apples.

Is that allowed, or are posters only permitted to express dissenting opinions if the thread is appropriately labelled? Is Person B going to be banned for liking apples more than oranges?

Hm, I dunno about this. I'm all for knowing a time and place to do things, but I don't think debate shouldn't be allowed to occur. It's a natural means of communication in order to project self identity. It gives thought self-determination. Trying to limit that in many ways is taking away what a roleplaying board is about; communicating a narrative of thought, and characteristics, real or fictional.

Either way, I think it would be hard to try and be fair and refuting against anything I said logically. After all, if some people were to butt heads and make a lot of commotion about this particular PSA, I would imagine it would be quite emotional for both parties, and emotional doesn't mean correct, and often is rushed in it's choice.

And this, is how debate naturally occurs.

So people have debated on threads that were supposed to be discussions... I'd think that people here would have more common sense in knowing what the differences between a discussion and a debate are. No offense intended.

Posting contrary or opposite opinions in a thread and even discussing them or expanding on them would not be a debate!

When you start back and forth picking apart those opinions and derailing the original topic, that is where the problem begins!

After the fun of the last couple of days, I've determined that people need to eat a goddamn Snickers and spend at least 20 minutes petting a furry creature of their preference (dogs, for instance) before deciding to reply to stupid shit with more stupid shit, causing a giant stupid turd mountain by the end of the day.

Reactions: Robbel
TWENTY MINUTES?!

Jesus Christ...

Also, I don't like nuts in my chocolate bars.

This sucks. Your idea is stupid.

Reactions: Lysander
Nuts in candy bars in general is unpleasant.
Fuck snickers I could just have not 1 not 2 but 3 musketeers which are the decentest of full sized american candy bars.

• Love
Reactions: Drakel
Kit-Kat is the obvious choice and if you disagree you're an asshole and I don't want to work with you anymore.

Kit-Kat is the obvious choice and if you disagree you're an asshole and I don't want to work with you anymore.
I like Kit-Kats but find other chocolates equally delectable.

Can we still get along?

Kit-Kats are pussy chocolates. It's like eating Styrofoam from a Belgian's arse. At least with a Twix you have something to sink your teeth into.

Status
Not open for further replies.