PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT PSA: Greeting and Interacting with New Members!

Discussion in 'ANNOUNCEMENTS & NEWS' started by Arcadia, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Hello, people of Iwaku! Today’s PSA is brought to you by me, Arcadia. I’m here to inform you about how to properly greet newbies and make them feel welcome on Iwaku from their first moments of being here.

Tip #1: GREET THEM. Greeting a newbie is the first step to having them stay on the site. Make them feel special and welcomed by avoiding copypasta greetings (even if it is convenient). You want to make newbies feel like they’re part of the community, even on their first day, and not like they’ve stepped on a website full of robots.

Tip #2: INTERACT. Getting to know the newbie is a rewarding experience for both parties. Ask them what they enjoy, what roleplays they like to do, and even invite them to roleplay with you. It will help them feel welcome, and will let you make a new friend too!

TIP #3: SUGGESTIONS. Direct the new person to the different areas of the site that they could find useful! Talk to them about some guides you’ve read before, and how they should check them out, or even try and get them to participate in a chat roleplay!

TIP #4: SUPPORT. Even after greeting a newbie, you should check up on them every so often, and see how they’re finding the site. Ask them if they’re having any problems, and try to remedy them the best you can, or pass their queries onto a staff member who can answer them. Building support for new members will help inspire them to keep coming back, if they see a kind and caring community.

If you follow these tips, you’re guaranteed to make the newbie’s day, as well as help the staff of Iwaku out!
    • Like Like x 14
    • Thank Thank x 6
    • Love Love x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. [​IMG]
    *Goes to find newbies to say hi xD*​
    • Like Like x 2

• Love x 4
    • Bucket of Rainbows x 3
    • Go Home, You're Drunk x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Nice execution! x 1
  4. Did . . . did the gates open to all of those without an invitation? >;D?
  5. Not until September 1st. 8D But a few invite links have been passed around out and about.
  6. I'm just glad that I'll finally be able to apply this guide next month. With Iwaku becoming lively soon...
  7. Feel free to share your invite link with anyone well. Iwaku isn't one of the sites that is stingy about how you invite people
  8. I spend my days scurrying for people to use that invitios link on. Familiar faces, familiar places.

New people to meet via Iwaku, that's a different story.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. My plan is foolproof.

• Nice execution! Nice execution! x 2
    • You Get a Cookie You Get a Cookie x 1