As everyone joined in the kitchen for breakfast and coffee, Serena sat next to Morden, wearing a casual green blouse and black slacks, with comfortable sneakers. She was a bit too nerve-wracked to eat a lot, but settled for some of the ham and toast, with an extra cup of coffee. She'd braided her long blonde hair, keeping it securely out of her eyes and face. She smiled at Caden and Tamsin. "I don't object. Scan away." She offered, hiding nothing from the fierce warrior woman. She remained calm, and kept her mind open as possible. She tried to make the pictures in her mind about the people who'd surrounded her that terrible day very clear for Tamsin.~

Jasmine went with Varen gladly, ready to bring in the criminals. Serena was a lovely, calm and caring woman and did not deserve such horrible treatment- not ever. She'd be glad enough to see them all put behind bars or wherever they were sent to!

Laurana stood by Caden, watching everything proceed, ready to step in and support Serena as needed. She watched the villagers she'd met only a few times from the cave; surprised and saddened deeply they could cause such horrible abuse to one person. Over rumors and gossip!~

Rebecca stood near Niald, but also by Nathan and Alna. She wanted to be able to help Serena, but she knew Serena had plenty of support today. She watched as Varen and Jasmine brought everyone in, the entire village in the Glen were soon seated. She felt sad, having known some of these people her whole life. She just couldn't understand the needless violence.

Claire sat with the Golden Fae, all in black, her hair in a high bun on her head, as she knew it would be a very busy, possibly traumatic day.~

Tamsin stood and moved to Serena and placed a hand on her shoulder, "You may feel a bit warm ... one person felt tingles ... but there should be no pain." Having given that prelude her eyes stared at the far wall and turned an odd shade of golden yellow that was so bright it lit that entire side of the room. She did not move at all the entire time she scanned Serena, but was rigid and oblivious to anything else happening in the room.

Jorga watched and leaned closer to Lauranna and Caden, "I have seen her do this many times but it always sets me in awe of her." He admitted, "She feels it a minor magic but I know it is invaluable and far more powerful than she realizes. Luckily it did not fall into the hands of an evil minded fae, I fear it could be very damaging if used incorrectly."

Rook watched and lifted a brow and the power emanating from the Princess. "Wow...her inner core is strong."

Naild too watched and was a bit apprehensive about this especially when he saw the power in Tamsin's eyes, but soon that light faded and Tamsin stepped away. She looked a bit unsteady and he stood quickly offering her his arm, "Are you well, Princess?"

Tamsin grabbed for the offered arm and nodded, "I am thank you. Coming out of that state is sometimes disorienting. I appreciate your gallant speed in noticing."

Naild blushed a bit and stood until she released his arm and then took his seat again next to Rebecca.

Caden stood and offered his hand to Lauranna, "Shall we head to the throne room then and await Varen and Jasmine?" he asked her and then looked at the others, "Please do join us. I doubt they will be long."

So the entire party convened in the Throne room. Lauranna and Caden took their places on the dual thrones that had been forged for Lars and Aura to sit upon and waited for Varen and jasmine to arrive.

Varen and Jasmine split up, each taking a separate part of the town and telling everyone to meet in the town square to be led to their meeting with the Royal family. They had decided to make this sound like an invitation to hear some great news, that they themselves were not even privy to in order to get the people to gather more quickly and without any resistance or questions.

The two centaur guards met back at the square and waited and people began to gather. They did a head count and waited until every member of the village was present before Varen spoke in a loud voice, "Thank you all for coming so quickly!" he said with a wide smile plastered to his face, "I know the King and Queen are eagerly awaiting us. let us be off then." None of them would ahve guessed at the seething anger that was barely under control in each of the guards that led them.

The palace doors were opened by two guards at Varen's nod and the people were led to the throne room. There were many murmured speculations during the walk to the palace. Was there a new baby? Had they found something that was to be shared? Were they going to get some kind of present? And many others, but none suspected what was about to happen. Once inside the throne room, the large double doors that allowed them inside were shut behind them with a loud thud, followed by an odd scraping sound.

Caden stood and held up his hands, "You have been summoned here today to stand before your King and Queen." There was murmuring among the group already. King? who was the King? "Lauranna and I have wed. I am now your King." Another round of murmurs which were silenced by Caden's raised voice, "ENOUGH!"

Morden stepped forward and brought Serena with him. There were a mixture of gasps, mumbles and many hateful looking facial expressions.

"I see you were not expecting to find that your violent attack was unsuccessful," Caden continued, "You will step forward one by one and submit to examination."

The biggest man in the village stepped forward, "What kind of examination?"

Caden motioned to Tamsin, "This is Tamsin, daughter of Jorga, King of the Golden Fae. She will magically examine each of you. If you are innocent you have nothing to fear."

"You cannot force any of us to submit to magical examination."

Caden stepped down from the throne and walked over to the man who was daring to defy his first order as King. The man was big but not bigger than Caden, in fact Caden loomed over him by at least four inches and was in much better physical condition as well. His hand clasped the man's shoulder and he fell to his knees, "I can force you, but it would be better if you willingly submitted yourself."

The large man spat, "Never."

Caden held him there without a lot of effort and Tamsin approached. As she'd touched Serena she now touched this man. Again her eyes glowed with power and seconds later she stepped back. The look in her eyes was one of shock and accusation, "This man incited the riot and kept everyone in that state encouraging the violence and threw her in the hole to leave her for dead. He is guilty."

There was an immediate panic in the rest of the group. A few attempted to flee out the doors but found them locked from the outside.

Caden looked at the others, "Confess or submit. The choice is yours but those who attacked a member of the royal household will be found this day and punished."

No one else had to be examined, as all confessed knowing there was no way to hide from magic such as Tamsin's. But many begged for forgiveness and mercy. Pleading with both Caden and Morden before turning to Lauranna and even Serena for help.

Morden looked at them all. "Where was your mercy for my wife?"

Aldin stood in shock at the proceedings. He'd seen many of these people moving through the forest before he'd found Serena. He knew most of them were guilty, but ALL of them. He saw the sheer numbers of them and could not believe she'd survived such a mobbing.

Caden formed a cage around them in the middle of the throne room. They were packed in tightly with little room to move. "You left one of your own to die in the forest, hoping some animal might finish your work for you. Well...that seems a fitting end for all of you." He looked at Naild. "Invite your friends to a feast."

Naild lifted a brow but knelt and placed his hand on the stones of the palace floor. It did not take long for the invasion to begin. Not with all of them being able to feel Naild pain at his mother's attackers and his anger. Spiders, ants, snakes and more came from every crack and crevice of the palace stones. They went near no one but those held within the cage. Screams and thrashing around ensued as people attempted to climb on top of other people to get away from the biting and stinging. No one left the room for the hours it took for the sentence to be carried out and the last person stopped moving. The insects and snakes partook of their feasting then. "It is time to leave this room." Caden announced and lead everyone out into the garden and into the bright light of the beautiful day.

Serena remembered that big man who'd slung her over his shoulders like a grain of sand, and tried to hold her emotions in check. She watched as Tamsin touched her arm again for the power to be effective. As soon as it was confirmed how many in the mob had hurt her, leaving her for dead, she wanted to weep. No, she wanted to be alone and never see another fae again. But she didn't run, she stayed in place while the spiders, snakes, and other critters swarmed all over the people in cages. She watched, but wasn't truly focusing on the gruesome but fitting punishment. She placed a gentle hand on Caden and Niald's shoulders. "Thank you; for such swift justice. It breaks my heart over again to know they were all participating. But I'm glad they can't do anything anymore." She said, hugging Niald, and then walking outside with everyone else. How wretched. She felt some of the tragedy -was- her fault. She hadn't been as social as she should have; she'd locked herself away from an early age, preferring isolation to companionship after Robert was killed. She should have come out more, but she'd gathered and struggled for herself and Niald so long, that really socializing wasn't a priority. Serena would feel so guilty at the loss of that many lives, but she knew she'd have to move on. If only she didn't feel so lightheaded and sick..~

Jasmine immediately noticed Serena's expression, and went to walk over to her, adding a little wave of air around the poor, ashen woman. "It's alright Serena. No one's going to hurt you again." She added, helping Serena sit down at a long bench.

"I'm just shocked, I'll be fine, I promise. Thank you all, for being there for me, especially you, Caden and Niald. You were both very brave." She added, still not giving into tears.

Laurana moved over to Serena, giving the woman a big hug. "It's alright, Serena, it's been an awful morning, but it was necessary. We cannot grow or change, we cannot learn to live in peace if people like that mob were so willing to come out and hurt you, for nothing. I know that look in your eyes. You blame yourself. Well don't. Angry bitter hearts happen to those you least expect." She said.

Rebecca had no words for the whole display she witnessed. She -wasn't- a saint however and didn't pity those horrible people who were eaten alive by the spiders. She hurried out with the others though, definitely not wanting to see the gruesome destruction. She took a deep calming breath outside in the bright light, joining the others at the bench.

Nathan watched everything with a cool gaze. It made his soul bitter, knowing this many people hated such a good, hard working, kind and compassionate woman. He hoped their souls would never find peace again.~

Gavin lead Chastianna outside once that bit of terrible business was over and done with. He watched Niald with admiration though. Controlling other creatures, even insects? That was fascinating! "You alright, Chastianna?" He asked.

Claire followed Rook, her mind reeling a bit, at the total atrocity. She wanted to zap the bones in the cages the spiders left; but shook her head at herself, walking outside standing in the group, but a little distant.

Morden sat on the bench with Serena and frowned, "You look pale...would you like a bit of water? Maybe a bite to eat?" He didn't like how frail she looked right then. he knew what they had just seen was horrific but it was just and right. Like Nathan he hoped they all wandered miserable forever. There was no mercy in his heart for any of them.

Caden smiled at Serena and patted her hand, "I am glad we were able to give you peace in knowing it will never happen to you or anyone else." That had been his main driving thought, that if they were willing to do such a thing once they would not hesitate to do it again. They were trying to rebuild a society, and that could not be done on such a foundation.

Naild stood with Rebecca while the others were showering his mother with comfort. She did look ill, and he hoped his 'friends' didn't cause that. They were helping and serving and exacting a fitting punishment. Though to his way of thinking it was a bit too fast, but still he was glad his power had been able to be useful in seeing this through. He needed to show his mother he was strong and could protect her, and he wanted Rebecca to know it as well.

Rook ushered Claire outside and stayed by her side, "Naild has a very interesting ability. I've never seen anything like it."

Chastianna held onto Gavin's arm and though she'd found the judgement fitting watching it had disturbed her more than she'd care to admit. She didn't realize her hands were trembling until Gavin spoke to her. She blushed deep red and leaned a bit closer, "I ... can't stop shaking..."

Alna was the first to feel it but she waited until she was sure and then her eyes went wide, "It is beginning...take shelter, cover your heads..."

Caden frowned, "What is beginning??" he asked as he led Lauranna to a thick tree and then covered her body with his.

Alna clung to Nathan, "The Glen...it is going to destroy this place....the palace the village....the swamp..."

Jorga felt the ground begin to move and his own magic flared to life and a dome formed over himself, Tamsin, Naild, Rebecca, Morden, Serena, Rook, Claire, Gavin, and Chastianna. Not that he was intending to only protect the goldens but those were who were close enough to be within his limit for the dome.

Varen was trying to cover Jasmine and felt something large strike his back flanks and it sent him to the ground. He heard a snap and knew something was broken. "Stay there...safe....I am fine..."

More chunks of the palace began to fall and hit the dome. Everything was crumbling and from the fountain where the statue of Lars and Aura stood arose an eerie green mist. At first it seemed like a gas that might be escaping from the cracks in the ground, but it formed into the image of a beautiful winged fae. The voice that was heard was full of power and authority, "Fae of the Glen...THIS is a warning and a promise...should there be others that choose to use their gifts for evil all fae will be destroyed from on the face of this earth...but hear us now...the two will henceforth be banished to their own endless timeloop with no exit and no way to harm anyone again. You must now forge a new path together...united...and end the constant battle for supremacy. Our gifts were meant for good...remember this." And the mist faded and the shaking of the earth became more violent then. Jorga's dome became a globe that lifted the people within it from the surface of the ground to float above it.

Mirq saw a huge piece of the spire atop the palace heading for Aldin and pushed him out of the way just in time. Unfortunately the spire cut him in two. His eyes glazed a bit but he smiled, "Friend..." Just before his breath rushed out one last time.

Alna hadn't seen that death and looked at Aldin with wonder and shock. It had been HIS death she saw vividly, exactly as Mirq had just died. Were the rest of them safe then? Or would other things change about the vision?

Laurana screamed in panic as she held onto Caden, trying her best to protect him from getting hit! She felt the shaking, rumbling fury of the earth, and then, as she witnessed Mirq's untimely death, tears rose to her eyes. "Please Glen. Please stop. We're all so sorry..." She whispered, trembling violently from head to toe. She threw shields around everyone else, even strengthened the shields around Jorga and the ones he was protecting! She couldn't handle this. It was making her power and her soul feel beserk.~

Serena was flung suddenly into the dome, and she couldn't move. Everything was happening so suddenly, violently, she could only try to wrap her arms around as many of them and try to shield her family. She closed her eyes and prayed for it all to settle down ,and stop.

Gavin pulled Chastianna into his arms, right under his body as he flung himself over her, protecting her as Caden protected Laurana, he too, valiantly risked his life for hers. "Shh. It's okay, Chastianna. I had a decent life. If anything happens, I love you." He told her, gently kissing her cheek, trying to sheild her from even seeing the violence.

Rebecca shrieked as they were pulled into the dome by Jorga. But she saw Varen getting hurt by protecting Jasmine! And she saw Mirq's terrible death, causing tears to form in her eyes.~

Jasmine cried out in terror as she saw Varen injured, Mirq's death, and the shaking wouldn't stop. When she saw the statues of Lars and Aura however, she felt shaken. "Varen. Hang on, I'm going over to you- don't move please." She said. She was so scared.~

The glen heard the queen's cries and a strong upsurge of earth pushed them all out of the way and towards the forest behind the palce and the earth itself opened up and swallowed the palace, and all the homes in the village. There were random other things gone too, a tree in the garden, a wall of hedges there, part of the orc mountain that faced the palace and four trees that rimmed the garden.

The earth stilled then and all was quiet.

When the earth lifted up Varen was forced to roll down the hill and slammed into the trunk of a very large tree. He felt another snap and could not feel anything in his legs at all. He could not move anything but his arms. He heard jasmine calling to him but he was in so much pain his mind revolted at any attempt to move or speak. And then everything went black.

Caden was still holding tightly to the tree and Lauranna and when the ground stilled he leaned back to look at her, his hands cupping her face, "Are you ok? Are you hurt anywhere?" All he could see was dust and dirt, and few small cuts on her hands. "Did anything hit you anywhere?"

Chastianna saw Mirq die and covered her face, "No...please...no more dying..." She felt Gavin covering her with his own body and saying those sweet words, "No talking like that...I love you...I need you...you are not leaving me...you hear me!"

Jorga saw the earth calm and lowered the dome and released those inside it. "Is everyone ok?"

Morden looked around for everyone, "Where is Alna?"

Nathan and Alna were both buried in a pile of rubble that had fallen from the side of the Palace. Their clothes and hands could be seen, sort of.

Caden kissed Lauranna and ran to the rubble pile and began lifting rocks off them one by one, trying not to do any more damage. Soon every man there was helping. Once they were uncovered Caden put his hands on both. Nathan was breathing but just barely. There was a great deal of damage to his longs from his ribs being crushed by the stones. Alna though, showed no signs of life at all. He could feel nothing of her magical core either. She was gone. He lowered his head and focused on Nathan. Healing him from the inside out and then looked at Chastianna, "Can you give him some of your energy?"

Chastianna nodded, "OF course..." She said as she knelt next to him and touched his hand. That zap flew from her and into him, jolting him to a conscious state. She returned to Gavin and wrapped her arms around him and held him so tight, "Did you mean that?" she asked, "Or was it the fear of dying talking?"

Rook stood from the pile or rubble covered in dust and grime when he noticed, "Where are the centaurs?"

Aldin was sitting on the ground next to Mirq. His fingers were holding onto his friend's hand as it grew colder and colder. Tears filled his eyes as he looked at him, "It should have been me...I am the one who does not belong here...."

Laurana was still crying, and hugged Caden, grateful he was alright! "Yes, fine, love. But we need to check on the others. See who we can heal and save." She said, hurrying over to where Alna and Nathan had been flung under the pile of rubble. She dug out as much debris as the others, using her telekenisis to move everything off of them. But as Chastianna and Laurana both filled Nathan with healing, she paled, sank down beside Alna and sobbed. "No. Please. Not her." She was full of grief, having loved Alna and respected her for so long.~

Jasmine let out a scream of anguish as she saw Varen rolled into an unnatural angle at the bottom of the tree. Caring nothing for her own safety, or able to see past his tortured form, she ran, hooves flying in the dirt as she called him over and over, then, when she reached him, she could only lie there next to him, trying to bring him back to consciousness. It was such a loss to her that she was back as a five year old girl, searching for her dead parents. Grief swelled in her heart, threatening to stop it.~

Rebecca saw Varen's accident in a terrible, sudden vision. She dropped down, and tried to tell Laurana and Caden where the centaurs were as best as she could!~

Nathan gathered Alna into his arms, ignoring everything else around him. Dead. Alna was gone, never to laugh, to share happy moments with him, never to say encouraging words to him, or to simply have breakfast with him again. Gods he'd give anything to bring her back. Even his own sorry, worthless soul. "I'm so sorry Alna. Forgive me, I wanted to save you from this." He said, unable to let go. He was losing his wife and child all over again as Alna lay dead in his arms.~

Claire was stunned silent. She'd a very large bloody scrape on her back, but she tucked her shirt inside her pants to prevent her blood from hitting the ground. This poor group had enough pain and sadness going on to add a darn storm to the picture! She had no words for anyone, other then soulful, pain filled eyes, and uncertainty of what to do next.

Serena couldn't believe the deaths of Alna and Mirq. And possibly one of the centaurs! She was in agony all over again. This pain was because of her. She felt it was her own fault for bringing the fae to justice and now the Glen wanted to show her the meaning of sacrifice. Well she'd never forget it. . .

Gavin gave a shaky smile at Chastianna as the others mourned Alna, Mirq and no one could see the two Centaurs, except his sister was saying Varen was hurt. "I meant it, Chastianna. You're going to live a long time. And I'm going to be with you." He told her quietly. His heart hurt as well. Everything was just crashing around on them and he wasn't certain things were going to be okay, but he wanted her to know he did love her.~

Caden gave Lauranna' shoulder a squeeze, "Stay with him..." He said motioning to Nathan. He listened to Rebecca and followed her directions to where Jasmine was lying next to a mangled and twisted Varen. He said a few choice curse words in his mind and slid down the hill to where they were. "Damn it," he said as his hands touched the centaur's body. This was going to take a long time and a lot of magical energy. For the first time in his life he wondered at his healing ability. He'd come from two very cruel and violent people, bent on destruction and dominance and yet, he was a healer. He looked at Jasmine, "He's alive and he's going to stay that way, but we have to get him to level ground away from this tree...can you run back and get Jorga?"

Naild had a few little cuts but nothing major. He slipped an arm around Rebecca and held her close to his side. He couldn't look at Nathan and Alna.

Aldin was going around looking at the minor scraps and treating them with his antiseptic and bandages. He got to Clair and noticed blood on her back, "May I bandage your back?" he asked trying to be helpful to the people who were kind enough to welcome him.

Rook blinked, "You're hurt?" he asked and reached for her hand, "Why didn't you say as much?" he asked as he turned to look at her back. "You need a new shirt as well..."

Aldin looked at it and frowned, "Hopefully it's not stuck to the wound."

Morden held Serena close and watched Nathan holding Alna. Why her? It made no sense for the Glen to take its seer. "If I didn't hate Helena and Hannah before I certainly would now...this is all their doing...their evil magic caused all of this." The bitterness in his voice was icy cold.

Chastianna leaned in and kissed him softly, "I love you too." She whispered between tender kisses. Life seemed so precious right now and she needed him to know how she felt.

Tamsin was having hard time breathing. The dust and other things in the air were constricting her airway. It might have been from Helena's attack orjust the amount of junk in the air near her but she was gasping.

Jorga was trying to move large pieces of rock and things out of the way so that they could have an easier time moving around. It was then he realized he hadn't checked on his own men..."The barracks..."

Naild heard him and went to his side, "i'll go check on everyone there..."

Laurana did as Caden asked, though she wanted to be able to help others, she knew Nathan needed her now. No words formed in her mind, nothing clear. She simply helped Nathan to sit down with Alna in his arms, and sent him a good amount of energy. "Please, Nathan. . she was a beautiful, wonderful woman. I loved her too. She wouldn't want you to blame yourself." She said to him softly. Nathan's ears barely registered Laurana's words. But the lump in his throat threatened to suffocate him. "I was too slow, Laurana. Couldn't see or move, or save her. I couldn't save my wife or child either. I wish to whoever's up there that I could die with her." He added, bitterness and self-hate becoming evident. It was him that deserved that fate, not Alna. Laurana was unable to speak, but she held his hand, gently, not leaving his side, her own heart wounded from hearing him say that, though she couldn't understand what the Glen had done really. She'd lost so many that day, she too felt the failure on her shoulders. What kind of queen allowed this to happen to her people??

Jasmine looked up at Caden, her sorrow filled eyes, soon turning to relief, and gratitude. "Yes. Thank you.." She said, her voice barely a broken whisper. She raced back up the hill as if it weren't even there. Scratched, bruised, but nothing too serious, she trotted up to Jorga respectfully. "Please, King Jorga, Varen is alive, but broken in a number of places. King Caden and I would beseech your help." She added politely, though her heart was slamming against her chest. She saw Alna had died however, and even more pain filled her. Gods this day was terrible. She hated how it was unfolding and wished she could help. But Varen needed them. She'd never seen him that broken......~

Claire smiled sadly at Aldin. "It might be, from the feel of it. But I'm not sure it's a good idea to take it off right now. If my blood hits the ground, lightning and storms will break loose, and I'm not wishing for that to add more misery than there already is in this place. I am sorry. If you or Rook could find something to wrap it in and not let it hit the ground I would be grateful. And the shirt may have to be cut away, but I didn't bring an extra one. It might have to stay this way. I wish I had healing powers instead of this curse..." The wound Rook saw was impressive. From the back of her neck straight down her spine, and at least 7 inches wide- she'd slammed against a big boulder when the dome was dropped, and hadn't really felt the pain. She supposed now the shock was wearing off. She sighed, watching Nathan, Laurana, Morden and Serena grieve for Alna. She never felt more useless than she did now.~

"Wait- Niald, don't go alone." Rebecca said, finding and following him as he walked into the barracks. She was having a hard time seeing past the vision she'd seen of poor Varen, but she didn't want him to be alone. As she walked into the barracks, right behind him, she was shocked. Where was everyone? She wondered, horror in her eyes. So much death and devastation in one day. . . She felt her head spin, her mind reeling, everything started to get kind of blurry, and she felt another onslaught of visions trying to hit her.

Gavin hugged Chastianna a while, then noticed poor Tamsin struggling to breathe. "Life is precious, but all too easily lost. Let's help Tamsin, okay? We're needed. Anything we can do to make their lives a fraction easier, I'd like to try." He added, hurrying to Tamsin's side. "Tamsin? We're going to heal you so you can breathe okay? Stay with us." He placed a hand on her shoulder, and then gazed into Chastianna's eyes, hoping she was alright with this. "You heal, and I'll give you energy." He offered, smiling with his eyes at her.~

Reactions: PoetLore
Caden looked around for a good place to move Varen to where he could heal him. There was a small clearing with soft grass not twenty feet into the forest, and he hoped Jorga would be able to handle that distance. He ran back to Varen and checked him again, hoping he was still ok, but he was so mangled. He could only imagine the pain this had caused before the centaur finally passed out. His legs weren't even facing the same direction as his back was broken and twisted by the fall and the collision with the tree trunk.

JOrga saw the panic if the female centaur's face and nodded, "Of course...show me to them." He followed her back to where Varen and Caden were and blinked, "Good GOD..." he said looking at him. He couldn't believe Varen was alive, but he knew Caden was a healer so he just looked to him, "What can I do? I am no healer."

Caden let out a breath, relieved at how fast they'd arrived, "I need to move him without injuring him further. There's a small clearing just a short way into the forest there." He pointed to the small path he'd just followed back, "If you can use that dome..."

Jorga nodded, "Definitely...but...maybe it would be best to fix his back before I put him down?" He offered, "I can put you in the dome with him and he will be weightless and easy to move for you that way."

Caden tipped his head, "That would be good if you can handle the weight of both of us."

Jorga grinned, "No problem...the spell makes you weightless to me as well. Stand near him and we shall begin." He waited and then cast the spell around both men. The dome covered them and then slowly lifted both off the ground until they were contained within the bubble then he moved them away from the tree.

Caden immediately went to work. His hands were both glowing brightly as he filled Varen with healing magic and his mind moved bones and tendons back the way they should be. He was grateful Varen was unconscious, because if he hadn't been that would have been another process he had to do before healing began. Varen's mangled body twisted and turned little by little until he looked normal again from the outside.

Once the worst of the healing seemed to be over Jorga began to walk in the direction Caden had indicated until he found the clearing. He kept the dome in tact until Caden gave the signal thinking this weightless space was a far safer way to heal the badly injured centaur. He glanced over at jasmine, "Are you well Dear?" he asked, "I think your husband is in good hands."

Aldin looked thoughtful. "Hmm...would the same thing happen if it hit say...stone?" he asked looking at the large wound and knowing that to elave it the way it was would only cause further problems.

Rook though moved back to he could take her hands, "I believe I can help..." he looked at Aldin...."Be ready to work..." And then looked at Claire, "Please do not be afraid..." And then he stepped back and made sure there was plenty of room and his black hair was soon replaced by sleek shining scales and he grew, the sound of cracking and skin ripping could be heard and he let out an anguished cry of pain as he transformed into the black dragon they'd first met. He laid down and stretched out his wing and then motioned with his head for her to lie there to be treated. None of her blood would touch the ground through his leathery wings.

Aldin watched and took a step back, "Holy hell..." but when he saw the huge beast lay down and offer his wing he didn't hesitate. "If you lay on your stomach i can do what must be done. This cannot stay like this, you will surely get an infection with all the dust and dirt everywhere." Not to mention whatever might have been on the rocks themselves from being out in the elements so long.

Naild hadn't heard Rebecca call to him and he'd entered the barracks and saw men buried in rubble. He began to call on his friends to help unbury them, but one after another was already dead. That didn't stop him from trying to find anyone who might have survived. His fingers were becoming bloody from the disregard for his own body as he threw rocks and rubble aside. The one man that wasn't dead spoke through gritted teeth, "came too...fast...no...time..." And then a gush of air left him and he too was gone. He sat on the pile of rocks he'd thrown and lowered his head in defeat. If there were any others there was no way they were alive.

Chastianna nodded and followed Gavin and blinked seeing the trouble Tamsin was having and rebuking herself for not having noticed faster. She felt like a selfish cow at the moment, but she pushed that aside and looked at Gavin, "I am still learning but I will try..." She placed her hand to Tamsin's throat and closed her eyes. Trying to visualize the airway, she was shocked to see it swollen and almost completely closed. She wasn't sure how to fix it though, so she just pictured it slowly widening and the swelling going down in her mind and the image she saw did as she wanted. Relief swept through her entire body as a smile formed on her face. But then she had another thought, what had caused this? She saw small pieces of dust and rock there in her throat and pushed them up and out of Tamsin's mouth. There was probably a better way, she'd have to ask Caden or Lauranna, but that was her way at the moment.

Tamsin nodded to the two relieved that someone had noticed her distress. She felt a gentle hand on her neck and tried not to panic. Then the swelling went down and she was able to gasp in a much needed breath of air. But then she felt something coming UP her throat and it didn't take long for her gag reflex to kick in and she vomited all the debris up that Chastianna was trying to get out of her along with the food they'd eaten not so long ago. "sorry..." she choked out....just before she vomited again.

• Love
Reactions: Maggie
Jasmine nodded, almost mutely to Jorga, relieved Caden was so capable in healing! She had cool air encircle both Caden as well as Varen, sending comfort through the air as much as possible. "Yes. Caden is a miraculous healer, as is Laurana. But Nathan needs so much support. He looks close to wanting to end his life. I'd feel the same if Varen were lost. He-. " Here she had to wipe her streaming eyes, embarrassed to be seen crying. "He's more of a family than I've had in years." She admitted grimly. She would do what she needed to help Caden heal Varen, if he needed anything else, he knew he only had to ask!

Claire shook her head, her awe and surprise taking over as Rook transformed right before them, into a beautiful, huge black dragon! "Rook! Are you in pain?" She asked, worriedly. To Aldin she managed a small smile. "No. Stone doesn't count. I checked the bottom of the stone before I tucked my shirt in- it hadn't hit the ground. Earth is a sort of conduit for my storms. Everything else is not a problem." She added, wincing slightly as the pain grew. I will lie flat. Something tells me I can trust you both." She said, and then carefully settled on her stomach, where any blood droplets would definitely fall unto poor Rook's wing! "I owe you both so much for this." She said, lightly stroking Rook's scales, before letting Aldin do his work.~

Gavin added his neat trick of helping Chastianna see what needed to be healed inside Tamsin's poor clogged throat. He also eased Tamsin's fright, calming her down with warm energy through his own emotional support. He began also glowing a faint white-gold light, and his own healing magic came through, pulsing beside Chastianna's. He was shocked though. He hadn't expected the whole healing world to open up to him. But from the looks of where they were all at, they clearly needed one more healer. "How're you feeling Tamsin? Any better?" He asked gently.

Rebecca sat beside Niald, absolutely stunned and sickened to the core of her being. "I can't understand why this has all happened, yes I heard the Glen, but. . .does the Glen hate us all? Are we all going to meet the same fates if we stay here?" She asked greatly worried for all of their safety. Her grief of all those lives lost today was overwhelming. She wanted to do nothing but cry for hours. Maybe days.~

Caden hadn't even realized Jorga had moved them, his concentration was so focused on Varen and the intricacies of healing his many many injuries. Once the back and nerves were healed he moved to the leg. Once the bones were all healed he found a great deal of internal bleeding and other injuries to his kidneys and colon from the impact with the tree. Sweat was pouring from him but he did not stop, just stared at the centaur's body as if he could see right through him, which he could. It was an odd thing, the way healers saw people's insides. At the moment he was glad of it, because he didn't want to miss anything.

Varen however, woke up before the healing was complete since the pain had subsided. His leg kicked out and hit Caden, "Where am I? Who's there?"

Caden was almost knocked out of the dome but he righted himself, "It's me Caden...be still I am not finished healing you..."

Varen settled then and frowned, "WHO? Why are you healing me?" What had happened? "I don't remember being hurt." Come to think of it...he couldn't remember anything. "Am I dead? I feel like I am floating..."

Jorga nodded, "Family is important. I am sure he will be fine though...oh look...oops.." He said as he saw the centaur kick Caden. He strengthened that side of the dome to keep Caden in and not allow any contaminants into the space either. "He's awake...and his leg seems to be fine..."

Tamsin felt the magic of the two join and get stronger. She wondered if they knew who they were to one another yet. Her voice was a bit gravely, "Better...thank you both.."

Chastianna looked over at Gavin and smiled, "You were healing too...and glowing...and I didn't zap you that time." Her eyes were sparkling and her cheeks were flushed and rosy from being able to help someone else. It was a lovely combination on her pale face allowing her blue eyes to gleam.

Rook felt her fingers on his scales and a little rumble sounded in his throat, almost a purr. Hopefully she wouldn't think anything of it, and he hadn't been able to help it. No one had EVER touched his wings and he didn't realize how good it would feel. Who knew?

Aldin helped her lie down and then knelt next to her, "I am very sorry but this may sting a bit. It will numb you though so that you don't feel me remove the fabric of your shirt from the wound." He opened the vial and poured it over the length and width of the wound. It bubbled and saturated the fabric as it numbed her skin. He waited a minute or two for it to fully numb her and then began to cut the cloth so that he could remove only the section covering the wound. As soon as he lifted it the wound began to bleed anew, but he knew that was a good thing and would help clean out any dirt or germs inside. He looked over at the two working with Tamsin, "Can one of you find some clean water?"

Chastianna looked over at Aldin and nodded, running to the fountain and then remembering it was gone. She felt frustration build within and her hands felt oddly cold as water began to drip from her fingers. She walked over to Aldin, "Where do you need water?"

Aldin blinked, "Um...I need to wash her back...but we cannot get any of her blood on the ground."

Chastianna closed her hand and the water stopped and then she ripped off the bottom of her shirt and opened her hand again and the shirt was now sopping wet. "Will this do?"

"Yes, it will...thank you." He dabbed at the wound and picked out all the small pieces of rock and debris that were lodged in it. It took him quite a while but he soon had it all and then he was looking at the gaping tear in her flesh and wondering what to do. "I don't have any sutures..."

Chastianna motioned for Gavin, "I think we can take it from here if you don't mind..."

Aldin stood and shook his head, "NO please...I can do no more."

Naild looked at her and his eyes too were haunted and dull, not at all the confident kind ones that she was used to seeing, "Helena and Hannah caused this...the Glen cannot allow anything they touched to remain. I was wondering if they were still alive somewhere in one of their alternate times...I guess the Glen knows they are." He looked up at her and there were tears in his eyes, "I'm glad the Glen did this...I'm sorry people are dead, but they can't hurt anyone else ever again." They couldn't hurt his mother again.

Last edited:
Jasmine was so relieved Varen was kicking, even if it was at poor Caden! She sent more soothing energy to Varen, and a cool, steady breeze around Caden, so he didn't get overly hot while he worked. "Yes, he is amazing at recovering. Family is very important, King Jorga. I only see mine in dreams." She added, somewhat sadly. She still remembered that nightmare from the other night. The whole day made it replay in her mind, though she stayed strong and did not let her sorrow interfere again with helping those who needed it.

Gavin thanked Chastianna, and made sure Tamsin was really alright first, before heading down to Claire, Aldin and Rook. Woah. He'd seen Rook as the green dragon before, but this form was impressive! "Okay, then we will heal her and make sure no blood hits the ground. You guys are terrific." He said, once more channeling energy through Chastianna, but this time it was a calming sort, nothing like before! Of course he and Chastianna had no idea who they were to eachother other than two people who loved one another. He focused only on Claire, who wasn't looking good. She'd given a sharp gasp of pain as the numbing stuff had sizzled across her back. But no other sound. She was incredibly brave, but that wound looked like potential death. He knealt next to Claire as Chastianna gave up part of her shirt. "Hey Claire. I know it hurts right now, but we're going to help okay? Just try to breathe." She nodded, giving him a grateful look, but she couldn't speak, or she'd start screaming. No way was she going to let Tamsin tease her about being such a "Girl!" for once. She held absolutely still as Gavin helped Chastianna again, heal the numbed wound. It looked too terrible just to leave there! He was still learning his gift, and Chastianna's was faster to be sure: but he let his slowly smooth over all the damaged spleen, then make its way to the surface of her back. He closed his eyes, still sending Chastianna and several other people who he sensed that needed it, plenty of refreshing energy. He wanted them all to be well again. There had been enough death that day. In another few moments, her back was just as smooth and undamaged as before. Except for the embarrassing part of her not owning a cleaner shirt, which he gave her his, for now. "T-thank you." Claire said managing to sit up, finally and dress quickly before anything indecent was seen! "Thank you all. I can never forget this." She meant it. Looking first at Rook, Aldin and then Gavin and Chastianna. She straightened up. "Do we have more injured? Or should you all take a break? Rook? You've a fine dragon form. Thank you for catching any of my disastrous blood with your wings." She said, smiling.

Rebecca nodded grimly. "That much is true, and I am thankful as well, Niald. She is too sweet of a person to have deserved such tragedy. We...we should go inform Jorga of this immense loss. . . " She said, gravely, rising to her feet and offering her hand to help him up. They couldn't sit idly now. Too much needed to be done.

JOrga nodded, "I had heard that centaurs were fast healers, but having never met one before I had no idea if it was true or not."

Caden finally finished and nodded to Jorga.

The dome was lowered and Jorga waited for the centaur to be in a standing position before a soft popping sound was heard and the dome disappeared. He reached out a hand to help steady the centaur, "It will take a second to get used to your weight again." he said gently.

Caden plopped to the ground exhausted. "I'll be fine here for a minute." he said holding up his hand to them.

Chastianna knelt beside her too and placed hand on her shoulder. She might be faster but she had to touch someone to see them as a healer does. She held Gavin's hand too and felt the magical healing flowing through both of them and into Claire. She was knitting the muscles while he healed her internal organs. Before long they were able to let go and she was totally healed. Gavin offered her his shirt and she beamed at him. "I think everyone is healed...that can be..." She frowned and squeezed Gavin's hand.

Aldin watched as the skin just healed and closed on its own. "That is amazing!" He stood gawking at it, "I feel as though I did her a disservice..." He was really going to be useless here. Their powers were able to produce miracles, and he was just a human. Why had the Glen spared him? Why had the seer died? It made no sense to him. He felt something touch his hand but when he turned there was nothing there. He felt it again and this time he looked at his hand and it was bright red. What was going on? Then a bright light started to glow from inside his palm and his eyes widened, "What's going on?" he asked freaking out more than a little.

Chastianna blinked, "Whoa....I'm not sure..."

Morden looked up and saw Aldin looking like he was seeing a ghost and he stood leaving Serena and Lauranna to comfort Nathan. He saw the man's hand and both brows lifted. "Calm down Aldin." His voice was soft and comforting, "The Glen is giving you a gift. Probably because of your selflessness and kindness to people whoa re so very different from yourself. "Once it has fully produced your magical core we will be able to help you discover what it is and how to use it."

Naild took her hand and stood, "I feel like a horrible person for being glad...seeing all these men..." He was looking at the ground feeling dark and miserable with himself. He started for the door though, because she was right. There was a lot to do...and a lot to decide. He thanks his 'friends' before they left and told them to enjoy their second feast as thanks.

Rook smiled as much as a dragon can smile and lowered his head to Claire. The problem with doing this was that he would be totally naked if he turned back. he was looking around for Naild and didn't see him, "Friend Naild. How will I find clothing again if I return to human form?"

Naild blinked, "Rook is a dragon again for some reason. He needs clothes...where will anyone get clothes?"

Jasmine used her strength and helped Caden and Varen back up to solid ground again. "Thank you, a million times, Caden." She said softly, then gently helped Varen stabilize on his feet. "Most are fast healers, yes. It just skipped me." She shrugged, only too happy that Varen was alive. She gazed into his eyes, uncertain what to do. "Varen. I'm so sorry, you got so badly hurt protecting me. But I thank you for what you did. ." She said, forming the words in her mind first, as carefully as she could without being overwhelmed again.

Soon enough, Lauranna had everyone in fresh, clean clothes, but an extra pair was left for Rook. She didn't leave Nathan's side. She'd never seen him this sad before and it truly broke her heart and spirit. She felt sick inside from so much grief and loss. So much had happened, so many bad awful things happened, she couldn't quite catch her own breath up to normal. She hugged Nathan again, knowing he was incapable of responding. "Nathan... please hold on.... I'm going to check on Caden and will come back to you." She swore, seeing everyone else wander off to see Aldin's new powers. She was glad for him, and glad the Glen accepted him. She stood, shakily, then steadied herself. "Go..Laurana.. I need to be alone anyway...thank..you. Alna loved you a lot." He added, speaking for the first time in hours. She was touched, and rested a hand on his shoulder, giving him healing energy, and comfort. "I loved her too." She said, blinking tears as she went back to where Caden, Jorga, Varen and Jasmine were all resting. "Is everyone alright?" She asked, hurrying to check on Varen. He was amazingly well-healed, and the least she could do was give him extra energy, healing the rest of his strength and restoring his vigor. Then she went to Caden. "Sweetheart. Are you well?" She asked, knealing so she was in front of him, sending him healing and extra energy as well.

Claire made sure Rook was easily able to change into his clothes, now that he needed to transform human. "Prince Rook? Do you need anything else?" She asked, knowing he was eager to be human form again. Gavin was glad Morden was helping Aldin with this. He remembered too, what happened when his powers first came out! Of course that had happened through a lot of zapping and migranes. He smiled at Chastianna.~

Rebecca stood up with Niald and left with him.. She wasn't glad, she was downright miserable with everything that had been going on. She could only hope to offer Niald some small comfort, knowing he felt so bad.

Varen didn't like accepting help but he allowed it because his body felt weird but by the time they reached the top of the hill he was feeling like himself again. He looked at Jasmine and nodded, "I would die before I saw you hurt," he said honestly, "It's strange that I don't remember being hurt...but if it was bad enough to take all of Caden's strength to heal then I dare say I am glad the memory is gone." He looked around and saw people and was taking a mental head count, "Is everyone ok?"

Caden was back on the ground as soon as they got to the top of the hill. His legs felt like rubber and he was just tired, beyond tired. "I am fine Love..." he said when she came to him. Tired." He looked up at Varen and smiled, "He was a mess...but he's fine now." He touched ehr face and she'd see the shape Varen was in when he'd first seen him. He looked over and saw Aldin's hands glowing, "What's going on with the human?"

Rook lowered his head and looked at her. His mind sent a tentative message to hers ~May I speak to you this way?~

Aldin was really trying NOT to jump out of his skin, but this was sooo strange feeling. "Is it supposed to feel like I am being zapped by electricity?"

Morden smiled, "It's different for everyone. Some say that, some feel like feathers are rubbing all over them, others feel nothing at all. I dare say you are feeling it more deeply because you did not have a magic core before today, so the rapid building of that inside you is a bit jarring to your body. But it will fade and become part of your natural systems." He put a hand to the man's shoulder, "It will be easier if you relax...breathe in...breathe out..."

Aldin watched and did as the other man suggested and he did feel a bit better. "How will I know when this...core? is done?"

Morden smiled, "I will know...I can see them." He was curious to know what color his core would be and what sore of magic the Glen was gifting him with...and why.

Jorga moved to find Tamsin and saw Naild returning, "What news of the men?" he asked but then he noticed their faces and felt a stab in his chest that almost brought him to his knees. "Were there any survivors?"

Tamsin heard her father asking after the army and then his second question had her standing to her feet. She too saw the young ones returning and the looks of them gave her the answer.

Naild looked up at King Jorga, "I am sorry...one man was still alive when I uncovered him. He said it came fast and no time...but then died. I am so sorry...I tried..." THEN the tears came and he let them. He didn't like that so many died but he couldn't be sorry they were, not knowing his mother was safe forever because of this.

Tamsin heard the boy and saw his tears and she felt her throat dry and her eyes burn. She did not cry though, because she was a warrior, not like other women. At least that's what she told herself at times such as these.

Jorga looked around and then returned to where Caden and Lauranna were seated on the ground. He crouched down and spoke, "It seems we must now make a pact you and I," he said looking at Caden, "The Glen has decided that all the fae must be as one. Did you feel the death of the dark swamp as well?" He asked, "It has been absorbed too. So now I expect to return home and find only malthen Ana remains, since the sisters were once in the palace proper and the city above the waters. I felt it die as well. And so...I would have you all know that I welcome you to Malthen Ana with open arms. You will be treated as royals still, but there can be only one King..."

Caden smiled at him, "I have only been a King for a few days...I believe you may be far better at it than I." He looked at Lauranna, "What say you? Is this agreeable to you?" He touched his forehead to hears and spoke to her mind where no one else could hear, ~It seems the Glen desires this...but if you wish to stay here and rebuild I will help you. You are the chosen one...what do you want to do.~

Jasmine melted slightly at Varen's gallant words...as if he weren't as important as she was! Pah! She was the one who would be most easily forgotten, and she knew it. Still, he was always so admirable and loyal. She would truly miss and mourn him for a life time if anything had happened to him. "I'm just grateful you're unhurt.." She said following the others to where quite a commotion was happening with the human man Aldin. She studied him, and saw he was being granted powers! "Oh, wonderful, the Glen's accepted him." She smiled, relieved.

Gavin smiled a bit when Aldin said it felt like electricity. "I know, Aldin- when Chastianna here kept zapping me, I felt like shocks were going to burn me or leave me on the floor twitching." He winked to show her he was kidding. "Then suddenly my powers were just there. Like a block had been moved." He wondered vaguely then, if Sheena, hadn't done something to his magic as a small kid. Well too bad for her it worked great now.

Claire's heart broke when she heard the death of their brave men! How horrible. She felt a partial responsibility. She should have taken time and gone straight to the barracks and seen if they needed help getting out! God...a whole army.....

Serena hugged her son, tightly. She was so sorry he'd had to see all that devastation alone, and just held him tightly. She hadn't hugged him in what felt like ages. When she heard Caden propose that Laurana should stay and rebuild the entire glen, she was shocked! That seemed an impossible decision to make in so short of time! She wondered what would happen. . . but she knew Lauranna well enough that the girl probably shouldered everything, from what had happened to her, to today's terrible, horrific events.

What? Had Laurana heard Caden right? Rebuild the glen? She breathed out, not realizing she'd held such a trapped breath. "God...Caden... I would miss everyone so terribly much." She wiped tears from her eyes, listening to her magic core and to the Glen as best she could! "Though we've all been through so much loss and sadness... I do shoulder most of what had happened. As a queen I should have been making better decisions for the safety of all, and been a stronger leader." She paused, but not long enough to let anyone protest or try to stop her next words. "So, for the sake of all of you going to Malthen Ana, I wish you long, much more peaceful lives than what you've all endured here. I choose to remain behind. I feel I owe the Glen that much. I will do my best to see it restored to how it wants to be." She added, then refused to be selfish..."Caden.. Are you quite certain you're willing to part with everyone here and remain behind? Does the Glen need you here or in Malthen Ana?" It nearly killed her to ask that question. But he was remarkable, powerful and a wonderful leader, even if he could not be king over there. She was...not a strong ruler at all, but had many amends to make it seemed. She wanted him to listen to the Glen as well. She did not want to invoke another act of horrifying destruction. Everyone fell silent! Even the birds stopped chirping, as the entire groups of people waited Caden's decision, his final choice.

Rebecca waited with baited breath, next to Morden. She wondered how he felt about Lauranna not being with the rest of them in that new kingdom. It would be too strange, not having her with them. She -was- a great leader, had done everything she could, followed Alna's and even her own visions down to a -t-... how could she possibly be blaming herself?

Varen nodded, "Ahh that is very good. He seems a decent caring fellow, I was worried he would go back to living alone." He smiled at her then, "I"m not sue I would say unhurt but healed and whole again might be fitting." He took a look around at the remains of the Glen's cleansing and frowned, "What are we going to do now? There's nothing left to rebuild..."

Aldin nodded but he didn't really try to talk anymore. He was just trying to hold himself together while he was zapped over and over. He left like he was standing in water and being struck by lightening at the same time. He appreciated the support but he just needed this to hurry and do whatever it was doing so he could faint in private.

Naild hugged his mother tightly. He'd been ashamed of himself for not hugging her more often before and now that she was back, he intended to do so more often. "I'm sorry Mother...I wasn't a very good son to you. I forgot to tell you I loved you and I forgot to check on you...I'm so sorry." He honestly blamed himself for entire ordeal, as if he somehow should have known and protected her. He took his role as man of the house very seriously even though Morden was there now, he still felt that burned fell to him.

Before Caden could speak, that same green mist rose from the ground and formed the beautiful spritely looking woman they'd seen before. "Queen Lauranna of the white fae," the other worldly voice greeted. "It is not our desire to have the fae apart any longer...we see now how separating you those many centuries ago was wrong. This place and the dark swamp will serve as reminders of what happens when you all do not work together. Do not attempt to build here, the evil sisters know this place and will always be looking for ways to reenter this time from others they still live in. They broke the laws of magic and chose to use the forbidden magic, it is our judgment that they remain trapped in the magic of their own devise forever." She looked at the group and smiled, "Be at peace one with another and know King Jorga that Malthen Ana does indeed stand strong as the only haven left among the fae lands that the sisters did not pollute with their evil." Having spoken their intent the sprite blurred and once more turned to mist that quickly receded back into the ground from whence it came.

Caden lifted a brow, "Well...I guess my chance to be noble with you is gone." He smiled gently at her, "But just so you know...I go where you go and I am always going to be by your side. You are my light." He kissed her then and held her close. He was still too weak to stand but he was glad he didn't have to send everyone he loved away. "You should know too...none of this is your doing. All of this was done long before you ever returned to the fae, you have saved us from the Douglas, created the doorway to come back to the Glen where we belong and made our lives bright and hopeful again. All of your decisions have been wise and selfless. Never think less of yourself. You are incredible."

Morden placed a hand onto Aldin's shoulder, his brow lifted and he made an odd sound. "It is nearly over now, just a few more seconds..." And then as quickly as it had begun the formation of the core was complete. "So my friend, How do you feel now?"

Aldin was relieved the zapping was over but his legs felt a bit rubbery and his head was pounding. "My head hurts..." he said as he dropped to the ground, "I guess I need to sit..."

Morden chuckled, "That is all normal, do not fear." Then he crouched down, "Can you feel the magic within you?"

Aldin tipped his head, "No offense Morden, but right now all i feel is tingling all over."

Morden nodded, "Let me know if you feel anything unusual. I am eager to see what kind of magic comes from your core."

"Why?"

"Your core is blue...I've never seen a blue core before..."

Aldin looked alarmed, "Is that good thing or a bad thing?"

Morden smiled, "No gift from the glen is a bad thing. You are simply unique, and there is nothing wrong with that."

Jorga listened to all of this with great interest. "So, it seems all of us are going to Malthen Ana with the Glen's blessing. But we need to do right by our fallen and give them a proper burial and send off into the next life. I cannot leave my men without a fitting celebration of their lives."

Caden smiled sadly, "And we need to take Mirq back to his people for that same reason. He was a good friend."

Aldin frowned, "He died saving me. I'd like to be with those who take him back. He was my only friend here for a very long time."

Rook had taken this time when everyone was distracted to hide behind a tree and return to human form. He pulled the clothes Lauranna had provided onto his naked body and then slipped back into the group, hopefully unnoticed.

• Love
Reactions: Maggie
Laurana put a gentle hand on one of the Glen's trees, feeling sad and relieved at once. "If I could have, Glen, I would have used as much magic as possible to restore you. If you ever still want me to, just ask. I understand your reasoning, and thank you. The deaths of our own were not your fault. But the evil sister's." She told it, feeding the Glen a good deal of positive, soothing energy however, wanting to give at least something back! To Caden and the others, she smiled a bit. "Then I will travel with you all, though I will miss this place. It has been a wonderful home for a while. I hope you remain at peace, Glen." She added. Then she turned to Caden, holding his hands in hers, not minding that they both glowed again from their reacting cores. "Caden, you are so noble. I would have not held you back if you'd liked to go to Malthen Ana and help there. I would have missed you deeply. As for my queen days, they can be over once we reach Malthen Ana, if there already is a queen there." She added, thinking of the Golden Fae and their rulers and hierarchies.

Serena felt more tears in her own eyes as her son spoke. "No, Niald. Never regret not checking on me or being with me all the time. Our lives haven't always been easy, my son. But I am infinitely proud of you, Niald. You've grown up so fast, perhaps too fast. I would have loved you to have enjoyed your childhood longer. But life ages you quickly. Your powers are fantastic, and you've got a wonderful girlfriend to care for and cherish. That's all a mother can ever hope for her son, and you excel in everything. Never worry you won't have any special gifts to take care of your own family with." She assured him, brushing his hair back from his face. She was so happy to be with her family again.~

Claire stood by Rook once he'd fully dressed, and smiled. Looked like they were all going back to Malthen Ana, together. How wonderful! "Rook, I think you'll like it in Malthen Ana, there's so much to do." She told him.

Nathan had finished saying his long, lamenting goodbye to his beloved Alna; his tears were dry, though his heart and soul were full of more sorrow than he could ever hope to overcome at any time in his life. He had no reason to continue, barely any reason to live. But he stood, knowing Alna would want him to be with the others and his family, he stood in the background, watching the events going on, though not much was registering through his pain filled mind and heart. It felt like it wanted to shatter. He wanted to ask Caden or Laurana to make some more rubble fall ontop of him and then not save him this time, but he couldn't...

As Rebecca stood a little apart from the others, she wandered over to King Jorga. "So, what exactly is my role going to be there?" She asked, since she was family. She might as well learn her place early and see if she could help with whatever was needed.~

Gavin watched, standing by Chastianna, holding her hand in his, still giving her replenishing energy from his winding-down quite a lot reserves. He saw Nathan however, and his heart just broke. He couldn't imagine that much pain on one man's shoulders. How was he even standing right then??

Lauranna would feel a warm glow in answer from the glen and then it would fade again.

Caden smiled, "I didn't marry you for the title but for you. I would have still married you even f you were the lowest member of the fae community." That much was true. He never treated anyone differently because of status or lack thereof. He would be happy to go back to being a member of the community and not a royal like he'd been all his life.

Jorga chuckled, "At the moment there is no queen but it is my hope that one day there will be. You will not have to feel that burden in Malthen Ana though. You all have been through a lot, I think you all deserve time to relax and recover. Shall we begin with burying our friends?"

Caden nodded and stood, finally recovered enough to do so. He went to Nathan and wrapped an arm around the man. "What would you have me to do for Alna?"

Jorga went to the barracks and his hands lifted his hands. soon the members of his army rose from the ground and were floating in separate domes. His brow was creased as he concentrated on moving them one by one and the individual domes sank into the ground in near rows. Tamsin stood beside him and watched. So many men and women. Jorga's hands fell and his shoulders slumped a bit, seeing the numbers of his people that were no more. He'd ordered them to come and be prepared for battle, and now they lie in the cold earth. His voice rose over them, "My brothers and sisters in arms, beloved of the golden, Rest well in preparation of the journey you will take into the next life. You will be missed, and your sacrifice will not be forgotten. Peace forever my friends." He lowered his head and tears filled his eyes.

Naild knew she meant what she said but her words didn't lessen his guilt. "I am so glad you are back Mother...I missed you." He held her still and thought about her words. Did he still have a girlfriend? Would he lose her to the duties of being a royal? He feared he would, but there was no way to tell. He released his mother and made his way to Caden, "There were six of our men in the barracks as well." he reported. None of them had been alive when he found them, though some appeared to him to have been trying to help others when they were buried as well.

Rook smiled at her, "I am sure I will be fine there. I was not here long enough to mourn this as a home, and my former home was not a place of joy for me either so I can only imagine this as a good thing. And..." he said looked at her, "You will be there so that is an added plus."

Aldin moved over to where Mirq was lying under the spire, broken in two and frowned. he didn't want to return him in this state, "Can we...is there any way to fix him?" he asked looking up at Lauranna. "I mean...I know we cannot heal him, but can we...I don't know...put him back together? deliver him whole as a hero?"

Jorga and Tamsin returned from their duty and he heard the lost girl speak, "Your duties?" he asked but seeing her eager eyes he smiled, "You have a good heart little one. You will find there is much to do in Malthen Ana, once we are there the Oracle will instruct you as to where your place will be among us. she sees things that none of us can know and she always finds the best way for us to serve in the community at large."

Chastianna leaned against Gavin watching everything. Like Rook, she didn't feel like this was home. Honestly, home was now anywhere Gavin was. "It looks like you're going to be able to find out about your family after all...and be part of the life you were born to...I'm glad for you." She knew he would be a good leader and example even though he didn't think he would be. She saw greatness in him.