lna winced a bit when Nathan lifted her into his arms and a few other times along the way to the room he'd located. When he finally laid her on the bed she was pale and the newly stitched wound was aching from being pulled and tugged at while he walked. "I am fine.." she lied, "Some of that water would be welcome..." Her mind was still reeling over what she'd seen. "Imagine if we'd freed her with the crown..." She said as her eyes slipped shut. If the dark queen had not imprisoned Helena, then who had?? So many questions but the pain was stealing away her ability to think She drank the water and fell asleep. She woke a scant hour later though flushed and feverish, wide eyed and gasping. "The twin....danger..."

Chasianna lifted a narrow brow as her head cocked to the right and her shoulders squared a bit, "You are some kind of practitioner of magic?" she asked through suddenly tight lips, "A spell brought you here? For what purpose?" She didn't think anyone would purposely come here for any reason, but perhaps there was a reason she didn't know about or a treasure of some kind she'd yet to locate. "Do you seek treasure? Riches? Muddled mind or no, you should be well enough acquainted with your own character to answer such a query." He commented on her statement and she nodded, "I do at times return to the palace, but it is overrun with these vile creatures, as is all of the Dark Fae swamp. I have been trying to ascertain the cause of their sudden growth and power, but I have not been successful as of yet. I will be...in time." Suddenly though one of his words seemed to penetrate her mind and memory, "Did you say Glen?"

Indeed Sheena looked quite different and the man on her arm who had died so early in Rebecca's life in their world would not be recognizable to her. Sheena did not have the harsh lines or bitterness that she had, because she'd never lost the man she loved. "The King and Queen were such dear hearts, to be sure. It was such a relief to me to learn that they'd cared for you while we had been lost in the dark forest all those years." she said with an overly sweet smile. Sebastian (Didn't think we'd ever named her father...so..) smiled as well and leaned over to kiss the top of Sheena's head, "A dark time indeed, but all is well now and our beautiful daughter is to marry her handsome knight in armor just as she'd always dreamed. How could things be better??"

Naild was growing more and more suspicious by the minute. The short hairs on the back of his neck were almost tingling with apprehension. He needed a confidant, but who? He spied Varen out of the corner of his eye and thought perhaps he could be of help but he also saw Morden and wondered if there was a connection between his mother and that man here as well. That question was answered a second alter when he saw his mother and father enter the room. His father had not died here. There must not have been any trouble...they must never have been betrayed to the humans...

Stephen and Serena approached their son, "You look well boy," his father said with a nod, "Proper armor becomes you."

Niald glanced over and saw Morden watching this exchange and wondered if the man harbored those same feelings for his mother from afar that he had before and if he did he thought surely such encounters were heart wrenching. "Thank you father," he said in deeper more masculine voice as was fitting to his current age and stature, "I hope to fill it with as much honor as you did."

Stephen looked confused, "Me? I've never been blessed to wear the king's colors. I would have gladly but the need has never arisen. I am proud of you though.

Naild was confused as well. His father had been in armor his whole life. How could that be so different here? He lifted Rebecca's ahnd, "Pardon me for a moment Love," he said sweetly as their eyes met and he placed a soft kiss to her knuckles. "I will be back shortly." He bowed slightly to his mother and father and made his way to Morden praying he was as clever and knowledgeable here as he was in their home. "May I speak with you?"

Morden was surprised to be approached by the soon to be bridegroom, "Of course. I am always at the disposal of a friend of the crown."

Naild furrowed his brow, "Would you follow me?" And he led the man back to the attic room, though not the one they'd actually arrived in since the tunnel they'd crawled through was oddly gone. "I know this is going to sound far fetched and insane..."

Morden shook his head and smiled, "But you are not from here...am I right?"

"We...wait...how did you know?"

"I was hoping someone would arrive to stop a great tragedy from occurring. Have you come from the future? Or the past?"

"That is a difficult question actually," He ran a hand through his hair. "In my world, I am still a youth, not a grown man nor is Rebecca a woman as yet but a girl...however...Queen Laurana and Lord Caden live, My father is dead as are Rebecca's parents...and there you are my step father..."

"Lord Caden?" he sounded curious, "So they have not yet wed there...." His reverie was immediately interrupted by Niald's last statement. "I am your..." his eyes widened and his face colored a bit. "I did not think my feelings were so easily seen."

"They aren't...but since you love her there I thought perhaps you might here as well. I'm sorry for your pain though That cannot be an easy thing. Still, the reason I am confiding in you...how do we return to our time? The way we entered is no more. Is it even possible? I would not like to give Rebecca false hope. If we are to remain here with no hope of returning she needs to know."

"You cannot stay here forever," Morden warned, "Once the disaster is averted you will return there to the place you left from and you should not have been gone for any noticeable time. You were brought here to prevent the assassination of the king. There is much evil at work in this assembly. Laurana and Caden managed to get a message back to me before they were murdered, and of course the seer has been making predictions as well. The queen of the dark fae is free and we cannot allow her to kill the only remaining heir to this throne. If she does then she can rightly claim it as her own....I hope I do not have to say what that would mean to us all..."

Naild listened and was thoughtful, "No you do not. I am happy to be of service and to avenge the deaths of people I love. You may rely upon my watchfulness."

"Good...now return to your fiancee before you are missed and called into question. Rest assured I am watching too."

Rebecca kissed Niald gently, holding his hands a little longer, then letting him go talk to Parallel Morden. It was so strange to talk to her own mother, Sheena, and not fear for her life. Her father, alive and well, was also kind and handsome. It was clear now she looked most like her father, Daron, than her mother, though she did have her mother's eyes. Her heart shattered, knowing she'd have to go back to the real world, where her mother had tried to kill her, and in fact was now dead herself. But she did miss King Caden and Queen Laurana; truly, she'd loved them as her parents. Her mind felt disoriented and dizzy with confusion.... were they going to stay here now? Or were they going home some how? Was there even a way back to their own world? She just didn't know anymore, but she tried for Niald's sake to appear "calm and normal". But back in her time/world... .hadn't she longed for the moment her mother would tell her how beautiful in this gown she looked, and how proud she was to see her own daughter wed to such a fine young man like Niald? Morden was right... as much as she was lured to stay... something felt off.

Gavin laughed at being called a sorcerer. Thief, trickster, liar, bastard... all of the above he could be- but sorcerer? He pondered that. Hadn't there been times when he should have been caught and tossed into jail? Yet he'd gone completely invisible in front of guards, demons, monsters,... only of course, when he truly applied his mind to the task. It was no easy feature or hell he'd live as invisible-- just so no weirdos could bother him! He smiled.. though as far as weirdos--- this Chasianna wasn't as bad looking as some others had been. And she seemed decent... something he hadn't had much experience or knowledge of other people having. His own parents had moved away from him, just when he turned 6...they gathered suitcases of clothes and other papers, and walked out on him. He'd wandered alone and grew hard, cold, and calculating more by the year. People were flaky. Plain and simple... "Not anything magical, sorry... but the glen is... and... who knows- perhaps some one is looking for us. Question is though- are they any better than what we've been running from/ fighting this whole time? I'm not so sure it'd be safer anywhere." He shrugged... "How I got this far... well.. " he ran a hand through his hair, sighing.. "I have some skills. . .but my life isn't anything worth mentioning really. I just want to find a way out of this infernal swamp. What if we help eachother? Can't be worse than being alone right?" Hey it was worth a try.

In the real time and world, Nathan wasn't going anywhere. He stayed right by Alna's side, praying for a speedy recovery, or at least some way to help her. He wanted to go to the dungeons by himself and end Helena... or wherever she was right then. He hadn't seen this coming at all...but racking his memories... he supposed everyone had been completely blind by the old queen. Thankfully, she couldn't possibly be any more trouble..... He made sure Alna was comfortable, then placed his chair right by the bed she was in. No way was anyone he didn't know or like, getting past him! He was at his worst stubborn self at that point. He blamed himself for even letting Alna do that trick of seeing into the hag's mind....... maybe if he'd had her let him go with her.....~

Naild returned to Rebecca and slipped his hand into hers and gave a gentle squeeze. His eyes told a serious tale but he did not speak, since he had no idea who might be listening, or where the threat was coming from. Truthfully, Rebecca's parents seems a bit suspicious to him, and overly ...congenial given what he knew of her mother from their world. Sure, her father was alive, but that kind of character wasn't something that happened over one tragedy in a person's life. His mother was proof of that. No, Sheena was an evil person, he was sure of it and perhaps her husband had been as well. Would they plot against the king for the dark fae queen? To his mind it seemed entirely possible, since they appeared to be about status and prosperity and not character or substance of worth. He wanted to tell Rebecca what he'd learned but he was being careful now. He leaned over and whispered in her ear, "I have learned much...not safe to speak here...later...laugh or smile like I said something funny."

Chastianna listened to the man speak and though he seemed casually truthful there was something about his manner that had her doubting him somehow. "So you do use magic at times. I thought as much. Apparently you are not well versed, perhaps you are not dedicated to the craft?" Lazy maybe was the better word? She wasn't sure, and since that was the truth, she kept that thought to herself. "The Glen...is the home of the other fae creatures. The ones who use white healing magic, not dark magic like the fae here. As far as I can tell from what I have managed to read in the palace, the dark queen here attempted to kill all the other fae in order to claim the glen as her home, but she failed..." She frowned then, "I was summoned back here not long ago by an ancient spell...I'm not sure why I ended up here though. As far as I know....I am not attached to the dark magic here...." That was only partially true. She could access it at times, but like him, she wasn't well versed in using it. She knew how to heal, that skill she had honed well before she'd been brought here. "Most of what I have been using to neutralize the creatures is alchemy." He offered to be a companion of sorts and she hesitated for a second but he was right, alone here wasn't a good thing. "Indeed, an extra set of eyes and ears would be a welcome thing. If this is to be a workable thing, you really have to learn to navigate the swamp from above as I do. Trying to move about on the ground is very dangerous."

Ulna fell back asleep after utter only those few worlds and woke again a while later. Her face was rosy and she was hot to the touch. her eyes were dulled with pain and she winced when her hand reached for Nathan. "Water...please.." She said weakly. The place where she'd been stabbed was throbbing and felt odd to her, but she could not see it. She frowned, "Back feels...strange..."

Caden, like Nathan, was in high guardian mode. He sat with Laurana and brushed the hair back from her face as she rested. He'd only met the former Queen one time, and he had been so very young at the time. Nothing about her or that memory ever gave him cause to doubt her in any way. He wondered if that was why the Dark King and Aura had been so easily overcome and destroyed. That had to have involved treachery of the highest sort, but why did none of them know of it? Why was there no record of what had occurred? Also, if Helena had not been imprisoned by the dark fae queen, then who had trapped her there? Someone of great power had to have created that prison. He needed to talk to Morden, and to check on Ulna but he couldn't tear himself away from Laurana and his son until she was awake and well.

Sadly with all the chaos that Helena's attack had caused, no one had as yet missed Rebecca or Niald.

(hehehe Ulna... >XD -giggles-)

Laurana was out cold, unmoving and not very responsive. Something was going on with her, and she couldn't shake the dark, terrible dreams haunting her mind. Nor could she seem to find her way out of the long, endless tunnel. Her eyelids fluttered a few times, but didn't open. As if the shock of everything had become too much to bare, and now she was suffering from the consequences of all the years of betrayal .... and guilt. She felt so guilty. For some reason, she felt as if everything could have been prevented... or perhaps... if she hadn't been born there would have been more time, more reasons to pay attention in the past, to all that had gone on, and maybe there could have been something done about Helena years ago.... but now it felt like everything she wanted to do... all the people she wanted to help... too late. She was too slow.... not ever good enough....

Nathan helped Alna get plenty of cold water, hoping it would help revive her if a little. "I'm here, love... we're alone in a guest room. Caden's helping Laurana... but she won't wake. I think it's just shock, she'll be fine... it's you I'm worried about." He admitted, stroking back strands of hair from her face. He hated Helena, more than anyone he could ever remember. He'd rather be tortured all over again than see his beloved suffer like this. He almost wanted to go hunt up Morden or Jasmine and see if they could figure something out to help her.

Rebecca felt very strange, being grown up, but it wasn't unpleasant.. not when her mother fussed and doted on her so throughout the wedding process. Sheena was so different... it hurt her heart greatly, knowing how the woman really was back in her timeline... could all this be real? She had heard somewhere that there were billions of alternate realities, different time lines, all running next to eachother with surprising efficiency... now and then people could accidentally fall into other times, other worlds... but she was growing very uncertain that she liked this one too much. Finally however, guests had arrived and it was time for the wedding.. "Ready when you are Niald.." She said, squeezing his hands. They would see this part through at least.

Gavin shook his head.."Nobodys been around to teach me my "Talent" I guess I just sort of stumbled on it at an early age and really could only learn about it on my own. Parents left me at age 4... guess I was too ugly of a baby for them to care for. Or they had other plans. Anyway... this... dark magic you have.... could you use it to transport us to the glen? Or how does it work?" He was curious... and he'd never been outside of this world before, but he was definitely eager to leave it behind. All it had to offer was seemingly swamps and danger. He could certainly use a break from that!

Caden frowned as he watched her. She seemed to be fighting to waken but was unable to do so peacefully. He wondered why. had Helena trapped her mind somewhere? He didn't believe she had that much power, but he wouldn't have believed she'd orchestrated the downfall of the White fae before tonight either. He touched her brow and bent to whisper into her ear, "Follow the sound of my voice, Laurana...I am waiting for you right here..." He repeated the mantra over and over hoping it would lead her mind back from where it was.

Alna (pft..typos) drank the water and listened to Nathan as he told her where everyone was. "Helena?" she asked as she laid her head back on the pillow. "Laurana won't wake?" She tried to push up from then bed only to gasp in pain and groan deeply when she fell back into the bed. "Take me there, Nathan....I need to be sure she is not trapped..." her eyes pleaded with him to do as she asked.

Naild held her hand and then led her into the chapel. He took his place at the front of the room with the priest, he supposed though it was not anyone he recognized, with the king at his side as his best man. He had been waiting for this day his whole life it seemed and now it was here and he could hardly believe it. It was here but not though, and he wasn't sure this was a good thing. yes, he loved her dearly, but inside they were still those two kids. Were they ready for such a thing? he watched as Her mother and father flanked her on either side and started to walk her down the aisle. He was fixated on how beautiful Rebecca looked at that moment and knew he'd never forget this moment as long as he lived, but a flash of something metal caught his eye as they moved. Both parents were armed...His gaze met Morden's and he was then very glad of the armor and the sword at his side. Before they got to the altar, he drew his sword and leveled it at her mother's throat. "Drop the weapon you hold..."he said and looked at her father, "You as well or neither of you will leave this chapel alive."

Chastianna listened and frowned, "you have been wandering the dark swamp since you were a babe without training?" She was incredulous. How had he survived? "What you lack in training you obviously make up for in luck. If I had been here, I would not have left you alone. I only recently answered the call." What sort of people left children alone in such a place? They deserved to die, or be stranded here themselves. Still, they were here now and she needed to focus on that fact. "I do not know the location of the Glen, or my magic might be able to take us there. I have been reading and studying, but I have not seen or read anything that was of help yet. I am sure the palace holds those answers but as I said..it is overrun by these creatures." She sighed heavily, "We can only hope that this other energy I sense in the swamps is intending to be of help."

Laurana listened to Caden’s voice… but in the foggy-mist.. she was stranded, locked by powerful backlash magic from Helena- the old queen had indeed managed to trap her into the Dark Swamps. But Laurana, having powerful magic herself, was able to find the missing dark princess: Chastianna. She was with a man…. He had intense, yet familiar eyes. Chastianna was herself- almost completely, except with pitch black hair….. how could she help them both to get to the palace, though…? She’d have to wait for Caden to enter the swamps, she knew that much…. Frustration built in her…. “Caden.. I can’t.. you must help me….come to the swamps Caden…..I can only help us if you’re here...” She whispered back to him, hoping he’d heard. Her heart rate was high, her blood pressure rising as well.

Nathan held Alna to the bed, not letting her up so fast! “Sweetheart—right now we need to get you proper help… I’m sure Laurana is alright, Caden will be with her. He’d never let her be harmed, even if she is in the nightmare place….. please rest love.” He pleaded, not wanting to let her strain herself. Call him selfish… but she was his world…. If anything happened to her, he wouldn’t forgive anyone, especially himself.

“Niald! What?-- “ Rebecca’s panic rose when she saw the swords at Sheena and her father’s sides… were they enemies here then? Pain replaced everything. Miserable, whole, unending pain. Her heart was shredding second by second… she’d wished she’d never been born…. How could she handle both timeline parents wanting her to die? What was the purpose of her ever being created… when all her life people who should have wanted to protect her, to care for her… only wanted her dead and out of their way…. As though everything about her were nothing more than an inconvinience or a terrible burden? How could Niald find so much love for her……. How could anyone ever love her… maybe she really was a horrid person to her parents… maybe she’d done something to deserve so much endless hate…. The pain almost drove her to her knees, but she doubled over, holding her sides, as if splitting from the inside out. . . But Niald’s encouragement over the years had been a wonderful influence. She wiped tears from her eyes, as visions paraded through her mind…. “Are you both trying to end the life of the king here?” She asked, though there’d been no way she could have over-heard Morden and Niald’s earlier conversations. She needed something to focus on… she felt literally, like running away and not letting anyone find her.

Gavin wasn’t used to anyone feeling anything like pity for him… but he shrugged it off, playing things casual, since he wasn’t about to open up his whole dark life to a stranger! But,…. Perhaps he could help her with this finding the Glen issue at least….."You said you were reading up on this ...Glen... what does it say about it? Any potential dimension or portal openings... possibly?" He wasn't liking the fact they'd have to wait on some "mystery person" to help ... what if that wasn't even a fact? Who would help them, anyway...there was no one for miles around!

Caden wasn't as versed in the magic that inked minds in such a way. He'd always traveled through with someone else.He could feel her struggling to find him, but also heard her words. "I'm not sure how to join you there, but I'll try..." He focused on Lauranna's magical aura nd allowed his magic to join with hers. He wasn't sure it would work but he hoped so. Sadly it wasn't the right way, and he let out a soft curse word when he realized it wasn't working. Scooping her up, he carried her to find Alna and Nathan. She knew how to do this...he hated to ask for her help when she was hurt, but there was no choice...

Alna tried to move again only to cry out in pain as the wound on her back pulled tight. She could feel wetness and frowned, "I...is my back bleeding?" It felt wet but it was odd looking green ooze coming from the wound not blood if Nathan looked. hearing that Caden was with Lauranna was small comfort to her, since she knew his magic wasn't as perfected in some areas as others. "Caden might not know how...." She was feverish and in pain but so far her mind was still clear.

Before she had a chance to ask him again to take her to them, Caden came in carrying Lauranna. "She is trapped in the dark Swamp near the one we are supposed to help." He looked at Alna though and frowned. Laying Laurana next to her he gently moved her to look at her back. "Damn it to hell." Nathan..run and get Morden. Tell him we need him NOW and to bring his antidotes...all of them..."

Naild watched the two while blocking any possibility of reaching the king. "Yes, they are trying to kill your brother Love." he said to keep her mind where it needed to be. he could see all that old hurt returning and his heart ached for her. He was shocked that no one else seemed to be rallying in defense of the king. Suddenly Morden's words of warning became much clearer. MUCH treachery. Looking around the gathering his voice boomed over the assembly, "SO...you all are party to this treason? You cower behind assassins and watch as your fate is stolen from you and put into the hands of vile people with no loyalty beyond money?? Will none of you stand your ground like a man?" He might be a young lad inside a man's body, but his mind was heart were bold and brave and always had been. He looked at his own father hoping at least he would stand with him to defend the kind, but to his dismay his father pulled his mother from the room and out the door. At that moment he was sorry to ahve met the man his mother had always led him to believe was a hero, and he wondered if all of her tales had been true or if she'd created a man for him to be proud of instead of the coward he was seeing clearly with his own eyes. he felt a movement to his left and saw Morden with his own sword held aloft, "I stand with you and the king."

Chastinanna nodded and then she felt the touch of that odd presence again. "there..can you feel it?' she asked as she focused on it more intently. "it's a woman...she's..." her brows knitted as she concentrated and then rode high as her eyes widened in absolute shock, "She looks like me...but how can that be?" She looked at Gavin and then grabbed his arm, "She is trying to help us find the way out...please tell me you can feel her too...oh...wait...she is calling for help...she cannot show us alone..." What did all of this mean??

Laurana focused on her sister, the telepathic bond that was already forming... "Chastinanna! Please...listen to me, I haven't much time before the void traps me forever..." Laurana knew this was possible, no matter how protective Caden wanted to be- "You need to reach inside your mind...learn the power of teleportation! I can help.. but you need to get Gavin and yourself, to a safer area first.... can you do that?" Laurana wasn't eve subconsciously certain however, that her sister -could- learn teleporting.... but it would make things go so much smoother eventually if she could! She also sensed Caden needed to be there with the two of them, just to protect them while she learned!

Alna's request made Nathan frown deeply. "I don't want to leave you--but I promise I'll be fast. Hold on Alna... please. I love you." Caden then brought Laurana to another bed, his face strained with panicky-worry that mirrored Nathan's own.He kissed her forehead, her lips, then held her hands a long moment, before hurrying out of the room, out of the palace, and straight over to Morden and Serena's house; he hoped they'd be there. . .he couldn't waste a single moment!

Serena was out in the market, buying house hold cleaning supplies, groceries, and other things that she, Morden, and Niald might need.. She was worrying greatly about Niald and Rebecca, having not seen either of the children in a while! She hoped they were safe, perhaps cozied up in the palace's immense library, or knowing Niald, doing something adventurous and exploring every bit of the palace with Rebecca. Morden should be home still, pouring over books; perhaps making new potions with the ingredients she'd helped him find last week. Something definitely wasn't right, but she was in the dark and it bothered her.

Rebecca struggled to control her pain. She couldn't...wouldn't run out and abandon Niald or her brother the king. Not ever. She held her hand over Niald's shoulder; saddened that such tragic events were about to be committed once more- by her own parents! How she'd loved her real father in her real world.... he'd been strong, intelligent, dark eyed and handsome- always smelling of pine and summer rains. Her mother had been more gentle then.... before the loss... but .... she shook herself free of these musings- "What can I do to help, Niald? Is there a weapon I could use?" She asked instead, her eyes two voids of deep pain. But rather than cower away like she used to- she would face her enemies now, and in the present.

Morden heard and frantic pounding at the door and opened it, nearly getting punched int he face as Nathan was about to pound again. "Nathan?" he asked, "What the devil is wrong?" The other man didn't even explain he just yanked Morden up and started back to the palace. Morden didn't even have shoes on, but he was running beside the bigger man as fast as he could but Nathan was almost carrying him in all honesty. They arrived back at the room and he looked at Alna suspiciously. "What happened? Slowly...leave nothing out."

Alna reached for caden's hand and though she was gripping it with every bit of her strength, it was a weak clasp at best. "How bad is my back?"

Caden rolled her over gently and winced when he saw the swollen and red area and the greenish puss seeping out of it. He laid her back and came around her.

"don't lie," she said bluntly, "I can tell you want to."

"Swollen and red, hot and oozing greenish looking goo."

Alna spat out a curse, "That damned woman."

Caden nodded, "My feelings exactly. She's trapped Laurana in some kind of void that is attached to that dark swamp."

"I was afraid of that."

"I was too kind to her," he said in a low growl.

"What did you do?"

"I trapped her in a dark cell. No light, not comforts."

"that's good. Once everyone is safe kill her, but not before....I have a suspicion I need to see through...she may need to be alive."

Nathan returned with Morden and Alna frowned and tried to speak but Caden held up a hand, "Save your strength. They put Helena under and Alna went into he memories..."

Morden went white, "What? NO....She's a traitor...."

Caden blinked, "How did you know that?"

"I thought I trapped her."

"YOU Trapped here here in all that luxury?"

"What luxury?" he asked confused, "I left her in the darkest dungeon imaginable."

Caden tipped his head and stood, "We thought she'd been trapped here by the dark fea queen...so we were trying to help her. She stabbed Alna from within the dream state and it's not looking good here. Also..she's trapped Laurana in some kind of voidlike place that is connected to the dark swamp and a twin..."

Modren rubbed the bridge of his nose but then dashed to Alna and inspected the wounds. "Why do you not ever consult me before doing thign?" he asked no one in particular. He pulled a wand from seeming nowhere and began cashing little spells and herb after herb began dropping onto the bed by him. He usually would never perform such magic with an audience but he had no choice now. His secrets were about to all be laid bare.

Caden ignored the magic for the moment, "Magical healing doesn't..."

Morden finished the sentence, "Work..I know..." he just kept working until he had all the ingredients he needed. He began layering them one at a time on the wound in a specific order. Once he had seven layers of herbs on the wound he placed both hands over the wound and pressed as hard as he could, "Forgive me ...this is going to hurt."

Chastianna heard Laurana's voice and answered, "I will try....but there are no truly safe places here any longer." She looked at Gavin, "I don't suppose you know how to teleport?" she asked, "I think at this moment it might be a life saving skill." Something about the whole situation seemed that dire to her. "They want us to find a safer place, but I don't actually know of one, do you?"

Niald stood his ground and pushed Rebecca behind him, "Stay behind me...I will be better knowing you are safe." The king then, though he was only eleven years old he stood beside Niald with his sword brandished. "you dare defy the heir fo the King and Queen??"

Laurana studied her sister, and then Gavin, closely from the place above the trees. Damnit..She needed to materialize... but her body was already comatose... if she materialized here, she might not have a good chance of being pulled back into the present time! She slept more still than a glass-angel on the bed in the bedroom she now shared with Alna. Her skin continued growing paler, colder. Her lips even had a tint of blue! Her heart rate decreased alarmingly, but she was still alive... barely. Shrugging regretfully, and with a deep prayer, Laurana knew her obligations were now to get Chastianna and Gavin to cross into her world and time. Concentrating, her body physically flickered once, twice... then reappeared normally, but still unable to awake... the coma tugged her further down as she managed to create a solid, physical form of herself in the swamps-- right next to the tree with her sister and Gavin! She felt dizzy, strange.... as if she neither belonged here, nor even in the reality she was used to. "Gods that was unpleasant!" She gasped, holding onto the tree bark. Frowning, she gazed mostly at her half-sister... "We really do look a like.... listen... we haven't much time... and I haven't enough energy. The void is going to make me disappear for good if I stay like this too long; my physical body is back in the Palace Glen, practically camatose. I don't want to think what Caden is going to end up doing... but we need him here. Or do we...? I wonder- can either of you learn to teleport? It would make things so much simpler and safer for all of us." Just then, a huge serpent, black, all spiked from head to tail, burst out of the swamp depths, crunched the tree she was standing in front of to bits, then growled hideously- its yellow-gold eyes blazing. She rolled her eyes, then gathered a sphere of black and red fire- right in the palm of her hands. Gavin watched the whole exchange with wide, kind of terrified, but also awed eyes as the strange woman flung the powerful wave of fire straight into the snake's open mouth. It then swallowed the flames involuntarily, exploding into ashes, which she blew away with her wind elements. "We need a cave. Know of any?" Gavin nodded, shaking his head- stunned. What the actual hell was going on?! He managed to lead all three of them right to the cave he'd hidden in for several weeks- all his tools and survival items were still there, untouched. They made it inside just as the sky turned grey with heavy rain fall and lightning. "Terrific. Okay... Lady.... I don't know you- but you said you're from the palace Glen? How are we going to get there? I don't think either of us know teleportation... and you just used a loooooot of fire power just now... Maybe you just need to rest a moment and recharge? Is it possible to teleport us all there yourself? or is there some sort of blocking spell that won't let you?" He didn't even know if he could teleport.. hell the invisibility spell was new to him!

Nathan held Alna's hands tightly while Morden worked with his potions and charms, he prayed they'd somehow work. Morden had always been a mystery amongst the Fae- with all his sorcery- like activity, his ever-increasing library, his need for alone-time until he met Serena that is; no one knew much of where he'd originally came from- or even who his parents had been! It hadn't ever seemed a proper time to ask or question him.... But now suspicions were raising in Nathan's mind- and likely Caden's.. though the poor man didn't seem to notice Laurana's failing health... the woman looked like she was becoming a ghost right there in the bed! He briefly felt her forehead. "Ice cold...Caden... Morden- whatever needs to be done, tell us please--- I don't think either Alna or Laurana have much time." He murmured, worry in his dark eyes. It was all he could do to not hunt down Helena and drag her back into this room to demand she fix everything- then kill her himself.

Rebecca's mother, was crafty and pure evil in any dimension or time, it seemed. She had a nasty trick up her own sleeve, and, needing a distraction, unsheathed a cruel, wicked curving dagger- the same one she'd used in the present time line to hurt and poison Rebecca! "You don't think any one could love you... do you, dear girl? Can you be that stupid? Not even the king, your brother, will miss you too much when you've gone.... you'll always be a burden to society, just let it end, Rebecca. Let it end here... no need to burden more people. I'm so sorry I even brought you to this world. But it's my duty to take you out- you're a defect, a curse. No one wants you!" Then, barrelling Niald to one side, causing him to fall right in front of the king, Sheena burried the cold dagger right into Rebecca's back! It slid through her stomach, almost like paper; sending blood gushing everywhere. No one knew what to do as she simply fell, the light leaving her eyes quickly, as she fell to the floor, curling into a small ball, tears rolling down her face... A lie... everything was a lie... even here she couldn't have her own mother's love. Maybe it was best she gave up...Niald would move on...probably.... she was only his first love.. the lad was young enough to have others. Sadly, she gazed over at Morden. "Please.....help my brother.....and Niald... please..." She whispered, before blacking out, hating that everything always seemed to end up this way.~

Chastianna watched as well. That was impressive to dismiss the creature without so much as a shriek of fear. Hmm. The resemblance between them was incredible. "Wait...did you say Caden?" her eyes widened, "He lives?? But I .." She'd watched both he and Lauranna die, and yet Lauranna stood before her once more...kind of anyway. She went to the cave and even she could see that the woman was risking far too much in this effort to help them. "he has magic ability but he is untrained..." she said of Gavin. "Maybe if you try to teleport...something small, like the other side of the cave..."

Caden could see that Lauranna was fading. He didn't have to touch her to know she was cold. he was afraid to touch her honestly. He went over to her and held Alna's hand, "Help me get to where she is....please..." he knew he was asking a lot, but he needed help.

Morden had just finished putting a thick weird smelling salve over the whole wound and covering it with a bandage. "She will be fine soon. I don't know how much strength you have Alna...can you help him?"

Alna nodded, "Move so I can touch your head you great oaf," she said weakly but showing that she hadn't lost her sense of humor. Once she was able to touch Caden's head, "Close your eyes and open your mind. I will guide you to her." But she had plans of her own as well. She knew if Helena was holding Lauranna in the dream state, then she herself had to be there as well. She did guide Caden to the others, but then she left them and went looking for her adversary, a dagger of her own in hand and eyes wide open to the evil treachery of her opponent.

Caden saw them and instantaneously appeared in the cave with them. "We are going back now." He wrapped and arm around Lauranna's waist and then looked at the other two. "Grab hold of us and anything you feel you must bring along. I am not staying here a second longer and neither is she."

Chastianna could not believe her eyes, "Your majesty. I am grateful to see you alive." She grabbed hold of his arm and looked at Gavin, "Coming?"

Unfortunately for Sheena, Niald was no boy in this place. he was pushed aside but he rolled and was again on his feet as she thrust that knife into Rebecca. His sword was swift and sure as it sliced her in half and then turned to the husband and the look in his eyes was nothing but murderous. The tip of his sword pressed to the man's throat, "What is your verdict my King?" he asked without looking away. He wanted nothing more than to help Rebecca but he dared not give this man a chance to do what Sheena had done. Morden knew Niald had the situation well in hand but he also knew Rebecca needed to be gone from this word immediately. He pressed a glowing purple gem into her palm and her form vanished from the palace floor and reappeared on the floor in the room they'd found the gown and armor in back at the Palace in the Glen. It was once again far too big for her young frame and she was as she'd been before touching the glass of the mirror. No injury or wounds remained as she was not that person now and all those events were in another future. Morden then stood beside Niald and glared at the man awaiting the King's orders.

• Love
Reactions: Maggie
Through it all, Nathan held Alna, only able to try and keep her comfortable and warm. He thanked Morden as he applied the salves, but wondered worriedly if there -was- a way to heal her faster! But he thanked Morden for the use of his salves. Next thing he knew, just about all of them except for himself and Morden, were in the swamp! "Please be careful, all of you." He said quietly, his heart feeling shredded, and he himself, feeling useless.

Rebecca disappeared, landing somehow in the same attic as where she and Niald had been originally as children... and now that she was a child again, having a glimpse into a future that hadn't come to pass, she felt...sad. Older than her years even; but her mother's words rang over and over in her mind.. "You're nothing but a burden! I regret giving birth to you- but it's not to late to end your life.." Depression crept into the girl's soul, filling it like an overflowing dam. Her mother had to be right. If all she was, was nothing more than a burden... then who should have to take care of her? No one. She should leave Caden and Laurana's home, they had enough problems to worry about- they didn't need her. But where would she live? In one of the empty houses in the Glen? No... too close to other people.. "I should really just kill myself. Save everyone else the grief of knowing me." She said, sitting up from the floor, rubbing tired eyes. The wound had completely healed, but she felt dizzy, weak....and completely worried about Niald. She didn't care about herself anymore, it was him she was agonizing over. . .. He shouldn't have to be with me either though.. maybe when he saves everyone, he'll want to stay in that time period... maybe now he knows what a terrible person I must be...... for my own mother and father to hate me in every life time... there's something obviously wrong with me to cause people to act like that... As she dressed in her own clothes and normal sized socks/slippers, she found a brush and untangled her hair. Maybe it would be best for her to leave everyone. To not exist. Strange how comforting that thought was. She looked around... finding not a single weapon or anything else- so she left the attic, staying close to the shadows. She'd find an end... it was the least she could do!

Laurana made a funny face at Caden, to show she was alright and to try to make him smile! So over protective! But it made her happy, knowing he was still so caring and worried. She gazed at Alna however, and then Caden, "Wait- can we not heal her here, first? Then we'll go I swear it. I want to get to know my half sister and her friend.... but we can't leave Alna in such pain.... if Helena hurt Alna in her mind... doesn't it make it possible to heal her from this side?" Laurana asked reasonably. She wanted to help as much as she could, even before getting them to the Glen. Gavin was just confused, but going along with things! He knew an opportunity like this would never happen again, and he was fortunate to have met Chastianna! He began questioning his own morals... he knew he wasn't always honest, but his kind of life hadn't given much room for such things as morals, kindness, helpfulness etc.. The swamps was all about survival, and he was at least fairly decent at that!

The king had the servants clean up all the mess, after having Sheena's husband beheaded for treason! By the time everything was cleaned up, people were bowing and apologizing, even though most of the guests had had nothing to do with either Sheena or her mate; it was still terrible of them all to not have defended their king! "Niald... you have acted bravely, nobly and without a hesitation of your loyalty. But you must get back to your own time line.... please... look after Queen Laurana and King Caden there. They must have long lives, they have a lot to do, as do their future children. And Rebecca...... I'm sure she needs you more than ever after this episode. Morden- give the lad a way back, hurry please." A servant of the king said, worriedly. . . .he could not even imagine how he'd feel if his own parents had wanted him dead like that!

Caden listened to Laurana's reasoning. "it's a possibility, and worth a try at least." He turned to Alna and placed his hands on her wounded back and closed his eyes. He sent the strongest healing magic he possessed through her and her body responded. "I'm not sure this healing will carry over to the other side, but at least here you are healed."

Alna nodded, "I'm not sure either, but thank you." She looked over at the two then, "Chastianna...have you seen the Crown of Tenebrew anywhere? It is vital that we take it back with us." Even moreso now that they knew what Hellena actually was. She didn't voice that aloud though, but no doubt Morden would know why it was needed.

Chastianna tipped her head, "I believe I have...in the palace...but that place has been overrun by the creatures."

Alna shrugged, "The creatures are of no worry to me. They can be dispatched easily enough through healing magic. Caden and Laurana both know this type of magic."

Chastianna frowned, "Then how were the creatures able to kill them?" She asked and then grimaced, "no offense...but you were both killed..I saw it." Her eyes widened though as if she only just realized something, "But..now I think on it...neither of you used magic to fight them. I wonder if the traitors did something to you. I saw them as well from far above....forgive me for not coming to your rescue, but I have no magic that I know of and only just knowledge in the apothecary arts. There were three betrayers....." her voice trailed off as she looked at Gavin. "You were with them..I remember now...you helped them lure Caden and Laurana into the trap and then they left you here..." She rubbed ehr temple, "The dark magic here makes it difficult to remember things clearly at times...it was a man and woman though...long dark hair....I'm sorry I cannot remember their names."

Naild was worried sick about Rebecca. "Please...send me wherever she is..." Morden nodded and placed a hand on his shoulder, "rest easy...go to her.." Morden then sent Niald back to the other time line knowing his leaving would end the time they were all in at the moment because the past was now altered. Naild didn't appear in the room as she had, he appeared right in front of Rebecca as requested. "Oh thank goodness you got here safely." he said as he scooped her up in his arms and spun her around three times before setting her down again. His hands went to her stomach as he looked for the wound, "Oh..you are healed..." he looked so relieved and he lifted her hand to his lips and kissed her knuckles. "don't ever scare me like that again." he begged, "How could I live without you with me?" his voice was soft and tender and his eyes were locked on hers. "You are my reason for everything, Rebecca. I want to be a knight, a great man so that you will be proud to be with me. I want to learn as much as I can so that you can always rely on me and I want you to know something...all that evil that was bound up in your Mother and possibly your father is not who you are...you are kind and precious and tender hearted." He was still holding her hand, "I wish I had gotten to kiss you while we were still older, but I can wait for all of that...we belong together...please don't ever leave me alone again."

• Love
Reactions: Maggie
Laurana helped Caden, extending her own healing energy, until it glowed a brilliant violet-silver all around Alna as well as Chastianna and Gavin. She wasn't sure what her sister meant about Gavin betraying them, but . . . he didn't seem so bad at the present time! Gavin looked embarrassed, but he couldn't believe even he himself would be so awful as to condemn two people he didn't even know! "Are you sure that was me? I really can't see myself doing that- but if I am a threat- perhaps it's best to leave me here, so no chance of that would ever happen." He added glumly, yet trying to be noble and helpful at the same time. The swamp was no place to live, but rather than live with the others in the Glen and risk anyone's safety, he'd make do with this life, and try to hope for another place to flee to.

Nathan watched in awe and relief as Alna's back showed signs of healing over completely! "Thank you Caden and Laurana." He whispered, using cool wash rags to clean up Alna's back, as well as her forehead to keep her cooled down. Laurana meanwhile, seemed colder by the second... in fact, her skin seemed downright blue-tinted! "Morden! Why's Laurana's health failing this fast?" He asked, worriedly.

Rebecca hiccuped a few times, sobbing in Niald's arms, all her grief she'd stored over the years. . ."I think you're wonderful already, Niald... it's me... I'm the nobody.... I have been a burden all my life... I don't want to burden anyone else anymore. I love you, so much... you're the only one who's been able to hold me to this life... but... I'm so scared... what if mother's right? What if my life will never mean anything? What if I'm completely talentless and just a waste of space? I've been brainwashed... yet... so much of what she said makes too much sense.. I don't think I contribute anything worthwhile.... you'll have ten times more accomplishments in your lifetime than I ever will." She sank into his arms, her energy spent, tears dry, but her heart still bleeding with so much pain. During all the years of abuse, she'd had hope that things would eventually improve... but after seeing the future potential timeline..... she didn't have a shred of hope anymore..... what should she do!?

Chastianna nodded, "I am sure, but I know the swamp makes memories disappear. And...the two you arrived with abandoned you without a second's thought, so I think maybe they are the true villains in this whole thing. They used you. You were surprised when they turned on Caden and Lauranna..at least you looked surprised to me." She touched his arm, "This is no place to leave anyone...I could never do such a thing."

Caden listened to the young man, "No one is going to be left behind...if you prove to be a problem when we return, know that you will be dealt with accordingly...but we are creating a place for second chances..you will be allowed that opportunity." he could see Lauranna struggling and frowned. "We need to go to the palace...and we are running out of time."

Chastianna nodded, "it is not far but there are many large creatures there."

Caden shrugged, "the creatures are not an issue...we need the crown..."

She nodded and led the group there. Caden easily dispatched any creature that approached them and even the gigantic one within the palace was not much of a battle for his healing white magic. They found the crown and Caden looked at Chastianna, "You must be the one to carry it. and we must leave now." Once everyone was touching him, he brought everyone back to the room where Laurana and Alna were lying. Caden fell to his knees and gasped in a deep breath. "Were we fast enough?"

Morden frowned as he tended to Lauranna. "She is using too much energy there...Why is Caden allowing it?" He frowned , "Not that anyone can stop the queen from doing as she pleases, but still...they are very quickly running out of time. I think this was Helena's plan all along...to destroy this generation. She is evil incarnate...I cannot believe she duped all of you." He cursed under his breath, "I should have warned everyone, but I didn't believe anyone would find her....How foolish I was to believe her magic was weakened enough to allow my spell to keep her trapped and unable to communicate.

Alna woke first and sat up, "Did we all arrive safely?"

Chastianna held onto the crown of Tenebrew and allowed herself to be moved through time and space to a different place. She felt odd, and groaned deeply as her stomach revolted violently into a potted plant that was right next to her. The room spun a bit as she continued to vomit into the plant''s base.

Morden came to her side and offered her an herbal potion. "This will help.."

Chastianna nodded and drank it down, "thank you.."

Alna leaned into Nathan, "Am I healed here?" she asked, "We weren't sure it would heal me in both places."

Laurana finally woke once they left the swamp, her eyes slowly opened, her breathing became less labored, and her skin even regained some of her color. She was still a tad shaky, and the baby wasn't happy! But she held strong, and took a deep drink of water. The cool drink helped her stabilize almost in moments, and she was soon making the gross-vase disappear, and the room a little tidier with her magic. Nathan glanced at her and breathed a sigh of relief. "Queen Laurana, it's good you're awake- you had us worried. Alna is fully healed, thanks to you and Caden." He'd thoroughly examined Alna's back for injuries, and found not even any traces of scars.

Gavin was having troubles himself, dizzy- lightheaded... but considering the fact he hadn't eaten anything in weeks, well, aside from accorns along the land-ish part of the swamp, it wasn't really a surprise. Now that danger didn't surround him - for the time being- he could think seriously about what Chastianna had seen him do. Lure innocent people into that swamp? Damn, even he wasn't that evil! If anything he'd love to make sure there would never be an entrance back to that dreaded place. Still, he was grateful for his "Second" Chance, and he wanted to prove his worth somehow.... But what was the best way to do that? Timing was crucial, and it looked like right now everyone was recovering from the teleportation spell. "So what exactly happens when she puts on the crown? Will she be alright, wearing it?" Gavin finally asked, once the tension in the room cleared up a bit more.

Morden waited for Chastinna to stop heaving and then helped her to stand. "better?" he asked gently before turning to Gavin. "And you are?"

Chastianna nodded that she was but she looked pale and shaky. "that is Gavin. he was trapped in the swamps as well...."

Morden blinked and frowned, "Gavin? You survived?" He sounded and looked shocked. "If I had known I would have sent hunters to find you after....well...that is neither here nor there as things have righted themselves properly it seems." He wondered what Rebecca would think about all of this when she found out. He needed to talk to Caden and Lauranna alone.

Chastianna lifted a brow, "You somehow knew about the betrayal of the king and queen?"

Morden sighed, "I know about a good many things, young lady. Most of it is better left forgotten..." he went back to Laurana and checked her and the baby over, "Both of you seem to be fine...you need to be careful though my Queen."

Caden too was wondering at Morden's suddenly cryptic communication but he knew the man well enough to know he wasn't going to speak with this many people in the room.

Alna stood next to Nathan, leaning against him. She looked at Morden and then at Gavin, "Nothing will happen to her when she touches or wears the crown, because she is a dark fae like her father. Lauranna is white fae like her mother. The twins were separated when the dark queen attempted to destroy all the white fae in the glen. Each sent to different locations for their own safety. Forgive me Chastianna..I did not realize until just a few days ago that you were trapped in the dark swamps alone. We would have sent someone sooner had we known."

Morden cast a look at Alna who just shrugged, "Such things should not be discussed openly."

Alna huffed out, "Pft.what harm can come now, Morden. It is done and over...aside from Helena.."

Caden growled at the name being spoken aloud. "She will not be a problem much longer..."

Morden reached over to restrain him, holding fast to his arm. "Not so hasty....she is powerful, moreso than I gave her credit for and that was a considerable amount. I must study and be sure that whatever we do either destroys her or strips her of all power before banishing her completely."

Caden frowned but nodded, "Very well...but be quick about it."

Morden looked at Alna, "I would appreciate some help with this if you are up to it...both of you." He knew things about Nathan that even Nathan had forgotten it seemed, but it was time for him to learn the truth and reclaim his place among them.

Alna nodded, "I am fine now...let us find the solution...I believe we will need Chastianna as well.."

Morden nodded to the lovely young woman, "If you would be so kind as to help us. None of us can touch the crow, but we must have access to it's power in order to succeed."

Chastianna looked over at Caden and lauranna healthy and happy and nodded, "Whatever is necessary to keep them safe...I am more than willing to do...I would ask though...what became of the betrayers? Sheena and Stephen?" (hope that was his name)

Laurana quickly understood what Morden was saying... "You mean... Sheena and Stephen were both Gavin -and- Rebecca's parents?" Her eyes widened, dismissing as usual, his warnings to her being careful. Hah! As if. She made sure her baby was fine, and then helped Chastianna's sickness, giving her a glass of iced green tea, as well as Gavin who accepted with a thank you. He was shocked to learn people had even given a damn in another world to look for him. "The betrayers are dead. Stephen died nobly in a battle against the Douglas, while Sheena.... tried to kill her own daughter. She was brought to justice by another fae-king, who then perished for schemes against us." Laurana didn't like to dwell on such things, but she needed to keep Chastianna and Gavin informed. She hoped Rebecca and Gavin would become close as brothers and sisters' but since Rebecca was often with Niald and his family... who knew where those two were. She closed her eyes a moment, then concentrated on the two youngsters. <Niald, Rebecca! Could you come here please? We'd like you to meet a few new people.> She summoned politely.

Laurana's call was heard loud and clear by Rebecca. She hugged Niald a while longer, then told him what was happening. "Queen Laurana and Caden need us, so let's go see them..." She said, shaking off her depression as best she could... she'd set it aside for much later, or perhaps bury it for good. She couldn't let her mother win! That would give that horrid woman an upper hand even in "death" though... she now wondered if Sheena may lurk in another time line- waiting for another chance to destroy her or some other important person. She lead Niald down to the room where Laurana had shown her mentally, knocking politely. Laurana answered it, still a little pale and weak, but getting better quickly. Nathan opened the door, glad and relieved Alna was so much better. He greeted Niald and Rebecca, then noticed the sadness in both of their eyes. He lead them over to Laurana and Caden, letting Niald do all the explaining.

Gavin studied Rebecca... noticing a lot of similar features of his own in her features.... he even saw same color eyes that he had.. though her's had a deeper blue, with endless sadness behind her long lashes. He found himself pulled almost gravitationally or unexplainably, towards her, though he held still beside Chastianna. Niald was a strong looking lad, with a fierce protective-streak quite obvious towards the girl. "Gavin, Chastianna, this is my adopted girl, Rebecca and her friend, Niald." Laurana introduced, letting that sink in for a moment. Poor Gavin had a lot to absorb! This was obviously his sister.... one his mother and father had never mentioned before. He wasn't sure what to think!

Rebecca meanwhile, had snapped out of it enough to see quite a few resemblances between her and Gavin. She was confused.....! "Someone explain again why this guy looks a lot like me?"

Caden was also keeping tabs on the baby and feeding his own healing and energy into Lauranna while she made her inquiries. He was piecing things together quickly, but there were still quite a few holes in the tapestry so to speak.

Naild had heard the summons as well, but he let Rebecca lead the way. When they arrived at the room he saw a group gathered and looking quite serious and intent. Two of them he did not recognize, and that made him automatically place himself between them and Rebecca. "We need to tell you something..." he began glancing at the two and then back to Caden who nodded so he continued. "Rebecca and I were exploring in the attic and we found a secret room with a gown and a suit of armor in it. When he put them on, just for fun...Forgive me I know we should not have." He frowned and then drew in a deep breath before continuing, "there was a mirror in the room and when we touched it we were transported to another time. We were both adults and when we emerged to try and find everyone, we were told both of you were dead and that the gathering was for our wedding." He furrowed his brows, "There was a young Prince, about to be crowned, and Morden you told me there was treachery afoot and that I should be watchful. Both of Rebecca's parents were there and they were acting very cordial and polite but I saw a glint of steel at Sheena's side and when they attacked the king I was ready, but she did manage to stab Rebecca in the process. Somehow, when we returned here she was healed." He dragged a hand through his hair, "that sounds crazy I know...could we have been dreaming?"

Morden nodded, "So you were able to answer the call," he smiled. "I am so proud of you! Both of you! By doing so that second timeline is dissolved and the future here is restored aright. I had no idea what that would take place, but it seems all things work together...Rebecca...this is your older brother Gavin."

Naild looked at the man and studying his face, he had to admit the guy did look a lot like Rebecca. "How can there be an OLDER brother?"

Morden started to speak and then paused. There was no simple way to explain any of this. "Gavin and Chastianna are from that parallel time but we brought them here from their exile in the dark swamp, and since they ... did not exist here their remaining is possible should they desire it."

Chastianna tipped her head, "As if returning is an option?"

Morden quirked a tiny grin, "returning to the dark Swamp is an option, though I cannot say i recommend it. Returning to your time? No, that is not an option."

Alna watched the group and then noticed the girl, "You were able to bring the crown back with you?"

Chastianna nodded, "I was. You have need of it as I understand and cannot wield it."

Alna nodded, "We need to see Helena banished forever from this realm and time, and the Crown of Tenebrous can ensure this takes place. Hwever, only a dark fae can tap into its power. You Dear Princess are a dark Fae..."

Chastianna shook her head, "No, I was just a servant to the king and queen. I kept the chronicles of the kingdom..."

Rebecca half-paid attention to the talk about the crown, and how it would kill Chastianna if she wore it- everything was still slightly out of focus after being transported back to her own time line. She felt funny, as if a bit detached, still partially locked in the other time, where she'd been once more stabbed by her own mother. She stared intensely at Gavin; impressed with the man's obvious muscles, his lanky-too thin frame; his haunted, dark blue eyes.... his face, so many similar features! She saw more of her father than her mother in his face, which made the guy easier to bear... Though she worried her appearance re-sembled their mother too much... and that he would find -her- abominable. "Gavin..? It's nice to meet you.. I am sorry... if you suffered at the hands of Sheena and Stephen.." She added, cautiously. He smiled back, impressed she still stood after being stabbed in another time- but then, she'd probably been healed before she arrived back here. "It's alright... all they managed to do was leave me in the swamps... Rather that than their abuse for 20 years." He shrugged, then glanced at Niald. "Just keep taking care of my sister and we'll be fine. No more exploring the past though, or any time lines... it's dangerous." He cautioned him... Damnit... something about his sister was turning him into a softie... eeeeew...

Laurana hid a smile at Gavin and Rebecca, but something troubled her deeply... "Helena seems able to conjure people into other timelines... but... Alna- is it possible she can conjure things from the Glen as well? We don't want any nasty surprises to interfere with Chastianna's training... And she was wondering what to expect with her sister's powers,.. "And I'm sorry, Chastinna.. but you -are- dark fae... just as I am light. Our family had both races... now can you explain, what your power-skills are so far? We need to know what we can teach you, what to work with, and your limitations." Laurana added.

"Maybe we can start in the throne room, Queen Laurana? I'm sure there's more room to work with there than in here. And I can have refreshments brought out... Chastianna, Gavin, would you two like to shower and change into clean clothes first?" Nathan suggested, probably considering most of all how very shaky and weak both might be after such an ordeal. Gavin definitely agreed he needed a shower- maybe he'd be able to soak in hot water- for hours- without interruption! The thought was massively appealing....~

"Yes, let's move to the throne room. Alna, are you able to walk alright?" Laurana asked, studying the seer. Poor Alna had been through so much already.... it was a marvel Nathan wasn't ushering her back home and being a protective bear... but then, Nathan never did anything against anyone's will, and he knew that Alna wanted to see this through.

(The orc's name is Mirq :) ))