Lauranas felt much more at ease while Caden explained everything. She did realize how hungry she felt, and gently patted her stomach. She was sure glad she was giving birth to a healthy son. "Agreed. No borrowing troubles. How about the two of us magicking up some breakfast?" she agreed, smiling.

Serena made sure they had plenty to eat, but wouldn't spoil their appetites for the picnic. As soon as she finished, she prepared a blue picnic basket full of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans for vegetables. For dessert she'd made a pecan pie with a can of cool whip. She hoped Rebecca would agree to attend.

Nathan helped Alna with all she needed, and pulled up a chair for her to sit. He never knew what visions would turn up, but he had a feeling these might turn bad. He had a glass of iced lemon tea for her in case she wanted it, then stood back to let her work.

Jasmine agreed that sounded great. Helping out, she made bacon, and plenty of pancakes. She even had hot coffee brewing.

Caden grinned at her, "Seems that would be the best thing at the moment. Our son seems a bit hungry." He kissed her and pulled a table up to her, knowing she'd make what she wanted to eat, and there was no telling what that might be at this time. He'd heard stories about pregnant women wanted odd combinations of foods while they were pregnant, so he just provided the table and waited to see what happened next.

Morden grabbed the basket up and offered Serena his arm as they made their way to the palace. "Maybe we can take a little morning hike in the gardens surrounding the palace," he suggested, "They were always beautiful...what do you think Niald?"

Nilad smiled, "I think she'd like that. She used to go pick daisies before I remember." he shrugged a bit having jsut given away the fact that he used to watch Rebecca from afar.

Alna began sprinkling this and that in the cauldron of now boiling water and grabbed her huge paddle to stir and watch. She was having a hard time seeing, with real eyes so she closed her eyes and stared at the cauldron but that didn't work either. She opened her eyes and drew in a breath and settled her mind as she stirred. Focusing on the center of the contents images began to form slowly but they formed. She had to learn now to focus more directly and filter out the peripheral images, it was going to take more concentration while she trained herself, but eventually she felt sure it would come as second nature. She saw the crown and another person. A young woman in a faraway time, jsut as Laurana had been. She focused and pinpointed her location. She was going to be necessary to their success in freeing Hellena. She as feeling dizzy from the exertion and had to break contact. She collapsed into the chair Nathan had brought over and gasped in pain.

Varen made the biscuits and the gravy and eggs for both of them and plopped them on plates. "This all looks so good. I am more hungry than I realized. Mind if we just eat here? Sitting at the table is a little uncomfortable for me...I've always preferred standing."

Laurana had an odd craving for eggs with ketchup and French fries and ice cream, but she settled for the ketchup and eggs with plenty of oatmeal with honey. Not to mention plenty of milk. She ate extra that morning. "it's good he has such a healthy appetite though. Ill just do regular exercise after I eat... Feel up to a few laps in a swimming pool?" she asked, teasingly. She wasn't sure if Caden swam or not.

Rebecca hurried downstairs to find Laurana and Caden having breakfast. She had trouble deciding on what to wear for a picnic, having never been on one that she could remember. She finally settled on a turquoise blouse, with blue jeans, socks and casual blue sneakers. She tossed her hair in a blue scrunchy to keep it out of her eyes. At the dining table, she politely asked both Caden and Laurana if she could attend the picnic with Niald and his family. Laurana glanced at the weather, then to Caden. She agreed, knowing the girl needed to get more sunlight anyway.

Serena lead the way to the palace, carrying the heavy basket on her arm. It was a gorgeous day.. Bright sunshine fell over the Glenn, the skies a deep azure blue. Only a few puffs of clouds drifted lazily across the skies. She held Mordens hand, but let Niall walk ahead, knowing he was eager to see Rebecca. Ah, young love... Such a sweet time in a fae's life.

Jasmine grinned, and agreed standing was easier for her as well. They ate at the counter, while she thought of some good training strategies. "I wonder. Should we have our soldiers recruited today, from the Glenn? We could make and post fliers in the center of the village and see who shows up?" she suggested

Caden grinned at her plate, "If you want to...but you look as beautiful as ever." He was not at all worried about her weight. He tipped his head though, "I love to swim. I'd be happy to take a few laps with you after this settles a while. No swimming after eating..."

He looked up when Rebecca entered and smiled at her, "You look rested and lively and very cute." he agreed with Laurana that the child needed fresh air and sunshine, as well as healthy relationships. His eyes moved to the other door and he grinned, "Speaking of...Where's your father and mother at?"

Morden entered with Serena and huffed, "Right here."

Caden grinned a half grin that looked more like a smirk, "I wanted to ask you about the Crown of Tenebrous."

Morden stiffened immediately, and his eyes took on a hard edge, "Why?"

Caden saw the reaction and hesitated, "Perhaps it should wait until after your picnic. There is time."

Morden leveled a serious look on Caden but knowing how important the picnic was to Niald and Serena he relented and nodded, "I will find you when we have returned." he turned to The children, "Are you two ready to go?"

Naild stood next to Rebecca smiling, "You look rested. I am so glad." He noticed Morden's expression and stiffness, but he didn't comment. "I am ready," he announced, "Do you have everything you need Rebecca?" he asked politely.

Alna rubbed her temples with shaking fingers as pain sliced through her head and down her neck and back. This was the price of seeing her beloved, and it was worth it to her for them to have a normal life together. "Would you bring a glass of water please?" she asked softly.

Varen shook his head. "We have six now. I think we need tot rain them well before we enlist others. Once these are properly trained they can help us train the new recruits. It should not take long, they have the basics just not the refinement and toughness necessary. I think perhaps we should run them...to build their endurance. If they can keep up with us, they are fleet of foot."

Laurana felt happy for Rebecca being able to get a good experience with Niald and his parents, but she definitely noticed the tension between Morden and Caden at the mention of the crown. What serious implications did this crown have that could affect them this much? Still, she remained calm as Rebecca showed Niald her blue shoulder bag that held her sketchpad and a box of coloring pencils, in case she had a vision fit or wanted to draw a nature scene. "yes, I'm ready when you all are. Thanks Laurana, Caden. I'll try to be back before dark. " she assured her new parents. She was well aware they had enough to deal with without adding more trouble!

Nathan worried intensely about Alnas great anguish, and hurriedly got her a tall glass of ice water with two aspirins. "Do you need to rest before your vision clears? Who is the woman we need to find?" he inquired warily, hoping she wasn't evil.

Jasmine nodded in agreement. "Sounds like a plan. It's almost dawn. I'm ready when you are. " she told him, taking their empty dishes and coffee mugs to the kitchen sink.

Caden smiled at Rebecca as she left with the others. He turned to Laurana then, "Why don't we enjoy a walk in the gardens as well before taking that swim?" They both needed to get their minds off the dark cloud that was hanging over them while they had time to do so. "It's a beautiful day, we should enjoy it."

Morden led them out of the palace and forced a smile onto his face but the image of the crow kept invading his mind. Why would he as about that accursed object now when things seemed to be going so well? Something must have happened last night...but what?

Alna drank the water, "Thank you Love." Her fingers continued to massage her temple. "I am fine just in a bit of pain. I did not used to have to focus so closely to see. I will become accustomed to it and the pain will lessen I am sure." After taking another drink of water she set the glass on a stand next to her and looked up at him. "She is from another time, much like the Queen. She is a kind helpful soul, but she has the blood of the dark fae within her though she is not fully dark. She will be able to ear the crown without it overtaking her mind fully as it had the dark fae queen who attempted to wear it. I will have to speak with Morden about her and he will have to send Caden into the future again to retrieve her."

Naild walked with Rebecca and smiled at how healthy and happy she appeared. "Living in the palace agrees with you. You look beautiful today." he blinked and then frowned, "Not that you are not always beautiful...but...I hope you know what I meant and not what I said."

Varen grinned, "I thought maybe you would enjoy that. We also need to be sure they know how to effectively wield their weapons, so we will need to set up a practice area with targets and obstacles." He finished his breakfast and nodded to her, "Ready to get to work?" he asked, "Maybe we can wear out their arms first, and then their legs after...."

Laurana waved the happy family off to their picnic. She agreed a walk would be fun, and she wanted to see if the gardens needed any growth help for the roses and other wild flowers. She lead Caden out to the courtyards, wide enough to contain a whole three parks, with morning glories and white ivy climbing the walls .

Rebecca certainly blushed at being considered cute, by Niald, especially since her mother used to say she was ugly as a nightmare most of her life. She didn't see any point in bringing up such bad memories, not when she had so many new chances for happier times. She thanked Niald and walked with him as they all headed for a circle of shady grove of trees a few miles from the palace. Serena laid out a red and blue quilted blanket and motors then to sit and get comfortable while she arranged the food all near enough to get what they wanted easily. "So Rebecca, have you given any thought to your education goals?" She asked.

Nathan didnt like the thought of having Caden leave to find another girl, one who could potentially be dangerous at that. But he remembered how fast he got Laurana back to their world, and how grateful everyone was for her return, and her accomplishments in such a short time. She hadnt even been here longer than four months, and now she even had a future heir on the way! he sighed, and agreed thathart Alnas visions never steered them wrong. "Will she then be a queen, ruling along side Laurana and Caden?" he asked,curiously ashe stroked her hair, rubbing her neck gently.

jasmine smiled, and nodded, before helping him gather the few guards they had for their first day of training!

Last edited:
Caden walked with her hand in hand seeing the garden through her eyes. He watched where her face turned and what drew her attention and what held it, making careful mental notes of all. "I remember playing here as a small boy," he chuckled, "the gardener...I think his name was Jeebs or something like that was always chasing me out. I used to pick flowers for the queen from here. He did not like it." he leaned over and kissed her temple, "i will probably pick flowers here for the Queen now too..."

Morden sat down on the blanket once Serena had it all situated. He almost chuckled at Serena's question but he turned his head to Rebecca to hear her reply instead. he needed to be distracted from thoughts of the crown.

Alna shook her head, "I do not think do, unless she would wish the dark throne. She does not give off such a soul aura though. She seems ... a contented sort of person deep within. She is only half dark..." She sat bolt upright and frowned as she rubbed her head. "Oh merciful stars...How did Morden keep such a secret all this time!"

Varen handed each man a spear and a pack with rocks in it. "We are going to begin by strengthening you. Endurance, physical strength and knowledge are all the tools you will need to be able to keep the palace safe, the royal family safe and all of the Glenn as well. You have a great responsibility to fulfill and you will be properly trained now to do so. Our first order of training will be a five mile march. This distance will gradually increase however." There were a few groans and his voice grew louder, "I can be ten..." Which was met with stoic silence, "I thought you would prefer my first suggestion. Stay in line Commander Jasmine will lead and I will bring up the rear. Keep pace, no dawdling."

Laurana grinned, still trying to picture aden as a young carefree child, running through this very same courtyard, perhaps even being mischievous and climbing trees, pelting innocent nobles of the court with acorns or twigs. Maybe even jumping out at people he didn't like! The thoughts made her grin. "I bet you were a handful at that age... " she told him, holding his hand and leading him to sit by the fountain on a golden swing bench. "I'd never chase you out of the gardens, love. " she assured him..

Nathan blinked, not really understanding what Alna meant about the girl who would wear this dark crown. "What secret Alna? Is something wrong?" he asked feeling the sense of urgency from his beloved. He took her in his arms, trying to calm her.

Serena was glad to enjoy the fresh outdoors, as was Rebecca. The young girl was ashamed to admit half her life was spent locked in her room, or closets, or forced to stay far from other fae. Sheena had never loved her, but Rebecca was coming to terms with everything in her own way, sorting out years of brainwashing and lies. Of course it helped that Niald was with her most of the time. He helped her feel like a real person....

"That's right, step lively! We've got plenty of training ahead, not to worry! Hand to hand combat is next!" Jasmine added, grinning. She'd missed training soldiers! It had once been part of her early teen years,.....

Caden grinned, "I bet Morden would agree, but I think i was about average as boys go really. Not too good or bad but a bit of both." He sat with her on the swing and set it in motion, "I should hope not...especially now I can actually appreciate it and not just run wild through it." Her arm wrapped around her shoulders and he pulled her close to his side, "So..my beautiful Queen...when are we going to get married? It might be good to have the ceremony before our son arrives...don't you think?"

Alna blinked and looked up at Nathan, "The girl...she is Laurana's twin sister. There were two children born, one to rule the white kingdom and one to rule the dark. How could Morden have kept this a secret all this time?" She asked him, knowing he didn't have the answers either.

Niald sat with Rebecca and the two of them were talking like they always had, with ease and affection. He'd never seen her as odd or ever made note of her bruises or other evidences of her abuse. he'd always thought she was breathtakingly beautiful and nothing more. To him, she was everything a lady should be, kind, warm, smart and so many other things that made her perfect to him.

Morden was trying to enjoy the picnic but thoughts of the crown and what they were thinking about it were bothering him. He was smiling and conversing, but his mind was troubled.

Varen smirked at Jasmine as he followed behind keeping the men moving at a good pace behind her. The men were a bit out of shape it seemed, so this was a good exercise for them to see exactly how much they needed this and why. "How would you be able to chase a criminal men? I dare say a child could possibly evade you!" he was meaning to goad them into a more vigorous attempt at this run instead of the half hearted effort they seemed to be giving at present. "You don't want me to start a cadence song..I am not a good singer and it would terrorize your dreams forever...step up men.."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Maggie
Laurana grinned, trying to think of a perfect Wedding Day..She loved spring, with warmer weather, like today's, lots of roses and flowers. "is next month too soon?" she asked, wrapping her thin arms around his waist. She wanted to be his only, forever and the sooner they tied the knot, the more official their family would be.

Nathan held Alna securely in his arms, making sure she felt safe. "Twin sister.... Our family does seem to be expanding in odd ways. I'd forgotten there had been two princesses born, probably because at the time, Queen Aura knew her darker child would have been treated far worse than Laurana, so she sent both away for their protection.... I can't imagine the woman's sorrow at losing both children.... " Nathan said, shaking his head. "As for Morden...its not surprising. He kept Laurana a secret until our most desperate day when she was brought by Caden.... "

Rebecca hadn't enjoyed so much sunlight in a long while. She enjoyed the tasty food, and minded her manners, but she didn't feel judged or hated anymore and that was a relief. She loved her new family, and hoped no visions interrupted this great picnic!

Serena squeezed Mordens hand assuringly. Easily, she sensed his great worry over the crown...but neither of them would ruin such a day with dark histories.

Jasmine tried not to laugh at Varens drill Sargent techniques... Here they were out in the field 20 minutes, and he was threatening with song and dance! She helped the men by showing them how to raise their legs higher, to jump over tall logs, and then hand to hand combat skills that might save lives in the near future.

Last edited:
Caden sighed, "Making me wait that long huh? You sure are hard to get..." He grinned and kissed her temple, "No Love that is fine as long as you can everything just how you want it. It's your day after all." She could have said today and he would have been fine with that. He was eager to make things official and be granted the right to protect her as her husband.

Ulna nodded, "I'm sure there was some magic involved to make everyone forget," she added, "But still...her being half Aura's I am sure she will be able to wear the crown and not be overtaken by it. It is our only hope really." She leaned against him as the vision cleared and her body's tension slowly seeped from her. "I will want to speak to Morden after lunch though...and Laurana and Caden as well. They need to know all of this."

Morden held Serena's hand and even lifted it to his lips to kiss her knuckles tenderly. He could not believe she was part of his life now in a real way and not just as herbs and casual waves. How long had he pined in silence over her? Sooo long. He felt like an idiot now for never approaching her earlier. He had denied himself and her of such joy and love because of his own fear of rejection. He liked seeing Rebecca looking so happy too. She was glowing in the sunshine and seemed like a normal young woman in every way, and he was grateful for it. He dearly hoped that her mother's tormenting had not ruined the girl for happiness and it was evident that it hadn't.

Naild like how Rebecca looked too. She had always been pretty to him, but she seemed to shine now. Once they finished eating he looked at his parents, "Can we take a walk in the garden?"

Morden smiled, "I think we all should actually." he said standing and helping Serena to stand as well. Seeing Naild's mild disappointment he wrapped an arm around Serena's shoulders, "How about if we take this path and you take that one and we can meet back here and tell each other all the delights we find along the way?"

Niald smiled brightly, "That sounds like a very good idea!" he said as he followed Morden's example and stood up and helped Rebecca to stand as well. "See you in an hour?"

Morden chuckled, "Ok...and hour." He led Serena onto the path he'd chosen and kissed her cheek, "I think he thought I was going to have us walk with them...did you see his face..."

Varen watched jasmine instructing the men and he had a few good chuckles as they tried to follow her example, especially jumping over things, but she was helping them. They got back to the castle and began the hand to hand combat training and the men were looking like they were going to fall over, but none of them were willing to rest if Jasmine didn't. He held up a hand then, "Ok Men...I think you've earned a lunch break. Let's head into the barracks galley and get something to eat and drink so we can be refreshed for the afternoon's training on the target range."

Laurana chuckled at Cadens ready eagerness to be married. Only a few months ago, she was a lonely office employee in a lousy apartment! Had anyone told her then that she was destined for a life as a faerie queen in a beautiful new world, she would have called that person a weirdo. But here she was, finding more of her family and making so many new friends. She was truly blessed. She kissed Caden deeply and smiled at him. "All I need is a great color scheme, a fairly big fancy wedding, and a gorgeous wedding gown. The other details take a little time to orchestrate. But then, after our lovely wedding, everything will be official for our waiting son. " she replied with a grin. How she loved this man!

Serena laughed at Nialds expression. She walked with Morden down the opposite trail towards the palace. The day was still beautiful and warm. The youngsters were enjoying themselves, and she was always glad for her own alone time with Morden. She could hear birds, squirrels and other creatures darting in the trees. Nature was soothing as always.

Rebecca was carefully holding Nialds hand as they wove around fallen logs, or an occasional boulder. The trees were too pretty to believe, with silver, pink, blue, or other rainbow colors on the long, golden branches. The Glenn was as magical as shed heard rumors growing up. "Look Niald, there's the palace. Wish we could linger out here a while longer. " she admitted.

Jasmine helped make lunch for all the soldiers as well as for Varen and herself. She kept lunch healthy and light, not wanting any one to be out of shape! The routine was going well so far, and many of the soldiers had admitted that life on the Glenn hadn't posed much need for training. Until the queen returned with the other fae that is, then life just got really active suddenly, but most men were glad for things being busy again.

Caden chuckled, "Well you remodeled the whole cave system in one day...are you sure you need a WHOLE month?" he was pretending to whine but his eyes were shining brightly. "You have exactly what you want..it's what I want for you. I will be there whenever you tell me to." he kissed her back letting his hands sift into her hair to hold her close and linger on her lips a while. "Our son will be blessed indeed to have such a fine mother and father and kingdom as well awaiting his arrival."

Morden walked with Serena and enjoyed their time alone. They didn't get much of it lately and he was taking note of the beauty and sounds as well. "You look beautiful Serena," he said as he watched her, "You probably don't know this...but I used to watch you gather herbs. You always looked so happy and ... lovely. I wish I had been more courageous and told you of my feelings earlier."

Niald smiled the whole time they walked. Her hand felt right nestled in his. Everything about her felt right to him. She looked at the castle, "My mom used to tell me about the palace...it is so much more that she could put into words, though she told me that. I never expected it to be this beautiful. The whole glen actually is so different from life in the caves isn't it?" He moved her over to sit on a flat rock, "We can sit here for a few more minutes and look at it. You are the lucky one who gets to live there. I am so glad for you."

Ulna rested her head on Nathan's chest and finally recovered from the vision. "I am starving...can we go make some of your amazing bread?"

Varen ate and helped clean up. After lunch they marched the men out to the firing range and equipped each with a bow and arrows and then instructed them on proper stance and how to aim. Two of them men were naturals, and the rest were abysmal. "Hmm...it is apparent that you two are our archers and will patrol the turrets and palace wall. The rest of you will need to work on this and at least be able to hit the target. Let's go inside to the armory and fit you all with armor and have some lessons in repair and maintenance of the guard areas."

Laurana giggled at Caden and his fake whining. It was adorable when he pouted like that at her. She tickled his ribs lightly, just to make him smile. "Our wedding will be perfect." she promised, holding her hand out so the engagement ring sparkled in the afternoon light. "Our son will certainly not lack for anything. But we'll have to guide him with his powers. I don't doubt he'll turn into a fine young man." she added smiling.

Serena blushed pink when Morgen confessed how he used to watch her and that he thought she was beautiful. She wasn't a vain woman, and her happiness had mostly been because she'd loved raising and caring for her son. The young lad was growing up so fast! Soon he and Rebecca would live in their own home. She held tears back, knowing this was part of motherhood she had to accept. With Morden around however, life certainly wasn't lonely anymore. She held his hands tighter. "I'm so lucky to have you.... I'm glad we met the way we did...in spite of all the dangers. " Serena said, kissing him gently.

Rebeccaa was smiling, but she wasn't sure how lucky she'd be once Lauranas baby boy was born. Would the queen and Caden want her to live someplace else when their son arrived? Where would she even go? She had no idea, and the questions were too stressful. She saved her worry for when she needed to. "I'd better start exploring while I can. You can show me a few hidden rooms and passages right Niald?" she asked hopefully.

Nathan smiled at Alnas request. "Of course love. What kind of bread are you most hungry for, I'll make it. " He assured her, heading over to the kitchen.

Jasmine drilled the men in a few more active routine exercises, before it was eventually a good time to stop for the day. The men would need rest tonight, as would Varen and herself.

Caden grinned at her, "I am very sure it will be." He placed his hand on her tummy and smiled as he leaned down, "Hear that son...you will want for nothing..." he kissed her tummy and then lifted his head to kiss her lips gently, "I think it will be an interesting adventure to raise a child of ours. Neither of us are of moderate temperament so I don't expect our child will be either. If Morden is to be believed I was quite the handful when i was a youngster. But...I have no doubt he will become a fine man...after many many spankings and other disciplinary measures."

Morden smiled and pulled her a little closer, "I know it bothers you that Niald is growing so fast, maybe we should work on giving you another child to mother...it doesn't seem you are ready to be done yet." He looked at her and watched for her reaction. He'd raised Caden but he'd never had a child of his own and he longed for one, but if she didn't want any, he would forego that.

Niald tipped his head, "I do not know all the secret things about the palace, but maybe we can find a map somewhere and go exploring. there might be one in the armory. Maybe Varen and Jasmine could help us?"

Alna followed him into the kitchen, "Apple cinnamon raisin...the swirly one...I can almost taste it even now." His bread was heavenly. She'd always appreciated his bringing it to her all these years. She wished they had come together earlier, but things happened for a reason as they should. She was glad they were together now. "Will you share coffee with me if I make some?" she asked not wanting to make a whole thing of it for just herself.

Varen let Jasmine finish the drills and went inside to make dinner for the men. None of these men had families, so they lived in the barracks. They would have to stock that kitchen so they didn't need to use the palace one from now on. They came in when he'd finished everything and they ate voraciously. Most of them were slumped over and groaning a bit. He had no doubt they would all be worse off in the morning, but it was all part of making a fit guard for the palace. "Eat hearty men..tomorrow is another day. Get plenty of rest. You will need it."

Laurana had such feelings of content that day with Caden. She truly hoped the journey through the swamp wouldn't be too dangerous, but she'd do her damnedest to protect those who had to trespass through such an evil place! She kissed Caden deeply, feeling her son lightly nudge her tummy, as if saying, "I'm certainly going to be a stubborn lad!" which made Laurana chuckle. "We'd better hope he takes more of my temper then.... I'm much easier to calm down." she teased with a mischievous wink.

Serena giggled at Mordens implications, but was more than sure she wanted another baby! "Absolutely, I'm ready to start another baby with you.... Although it might take a while and careful planning." she added, snuggling closer to him.

Rebecca liked both centaurs and nodded in agreement. "Shall we ask them in the morning?" I think they are training new soldiers for the palace. " she suggested with a smile.

Nathan grinned at Alnas appreciation of his baking and cooking. He immediately gathered up the necessary ingredients for her apple cinnamon raisin bread. "Would you like anything else to go with it?" he asked, kneading the freshly prepared dough and warming the oven.

"Shower and hygiene needs are in the bath hall, down to the right. Plenty of soaps, towels, and other things. Remember, you're a newly formed group of knights, no need for fighting amongst yourselves. Have a good rest lads." Jasmine encouraged. She helped finish clean up, then joined Varen in preparation for a restful evening.

Caden lifted a brow, "Of course we want him to be just like you, rushing off into mischief without thought of his safety." his eyes were sparkling with mirth but his facial expression was somber and serious. Sometimes it was difficult to tell if he was joking or not, you had to watch those eyes. He had enjoyed the day of leisure as well. It seemed to him that they had faced one trial after another with no relief, so this was welcome and needed. His hand moved to rest on their son and the rambunctious kicking seemed to stop immediately. Had he cast a sleep spell? or was his touch able to calm the boy? He was NOT telling.

Morden was surprised. He wanted children with her, but he wouldn't have blamed her if she felt that part of her life over with Niald nearly grown. "Oh yes," he smiled, "It will be grueling work...long hours...so much preparation. How shall we ever endure so much physical contact?" He swooped her into his arms and kissed her soundly, "I think as long as we love each other well the rest will take care of itself in the right time. No need to plan, we can just let things happen when they will. I don't mind the process AT ALL..."

Alna scooped the coffee into the pot and then turned to him, "The bread is enough love...." She smiled and walked over to him and wrapped her arms around him from behind and laid her cheek against his back. His presence seemed to calm her and keep the demons at bay. As soon as her eyes closed though the mist overtook her as she was always used to before she could see. Why hadn't she realized that before? Remove the normal vision and the 'sight' can flow free. She saw the swamp again, dark and mired with an odd green ooze that bubbled and shook. Something emerged from it, a large mass, but as it turned another image appeared to cause it to turn its back to her 'sight'. She heard the clash of metal against rocks and flesh, but also saw blood mingled as well. Just before the vision faded she saw the image of a woman, Laurana's twin only with dark hair and skin. there was a wicked looking set of slashes across her face from the battle with the ooze creature, whatever it was. Blood flowed freely from the claw marks as her body heaved as it labored to breathe. She staggered away and the vision faded. When her mind cleared her head jolted up, "She LIVES!!" Alna said as she gripped onto Nathan's torso, "At least for the moment..she lives."

Niald nodded, "We can ask them at breakfast, before they are busy again with training the guards." he offered, "We should be able to read a map, wouldn't you think?" He wasn't sure if plans for a building were the same as a map of land, but he thought maybe they could figure it out. He intended to try at any rate to make her happy. he would do anything to keep her happy. "We might find some hidden treasure...this place has been empty a long time. There have to be things hidden somewhere."

Varen grinned at Jasmine. The men were flashing her death looks and it amused him greatly. It wasn't jasmine's fault these men were in such horrible physical condition. They'd allowed themselves to get soft during the time away from the glen. They had no one to blame for that but themselves. It seemed to him that everyone had been content to rely on Morden, the Seer, Caden and the Queen to care for their well being. He couldn't imagine such a thing. How did men allow others, especially women, to sacrifice for them while they sat idle? baffling to his mind in every way. He was lost in thought when jasmine returned and it took him a bit to acknowledge her presence, "Forgive me Jasmine. My mind was occupied. It seems we can relax for the rest of the evening." He started for the door not sure what to say for some reason. It seemed odd that she would not be there doing something, but he had no claim on her and she had her own dwelling now, or could have any dwelling of her choice. His hand ran through his hair nervously in an uncharacteristic move. "What do you prefer to do for relaxation Jasmine?"

Laurana laughed, then nudged him with her sharp elbow. "Now now. It isn't my fault exactly I'm as stubborn as an ox. I probably got that talent from both my parents..." She shrugged, then kissed him softly. She felt the little one settle down at his father's touch, and smiled. Caden was going to be a marvelous father- despite the sadness of his life and his brutal past. She would help in all ways possible, to ensure her own child's life was far better than her's had been on Earth.

Serena giggled, loving that Morden was even thinking of having more children... was it possible though? She'd had only one son her entire life. How would Niald feel about having a brother or sister now? Especially with his future so open and full of possibilities. Ever since they'd all eaten the star flowers, things had been different. Yes, the medicine had saved them all from poison; but it had given them all very unique powers... she thought about Rebecca and the sight she probably didn't truly want to accept.. but how learning to master future visions could save them in the long run. And Niald's gifts weren't all clear or manifested yet either... To have a new baby now..... well... she was very open to the idea. She missed Niald as an infant; the cuddling and attention needing Niald. Now he was stubbornly independent, and often set in his ways....rather like an old man! She hid a smile at the thought- and worried he wasn't experiencing enough of his childhood... Ah.... so many worries of a mother! "I would love another baby, Morden.. they grow up so fast though.." She sighed wistfully, but gladly returned his affectionate gestures and kisses!

Nathan smiled, then left the hot, fresh bread on the plate, for her to enjoy all she wanted. He had plenty of eggs for himself that morning. Suddenly however, Alna's visions kicked in and he sat her down on a chair, quickly, then pulled up another one right across from her. He knew the 'she' Alna referred to was Laurana's own twin. But he couldn't feel relieved until he knew more... "Yes, but where is she and how long do we have to save her?" He asked, trying to still his worry. All would reveal itself, in time....

Rebecca grinned.... "Treasure would be neat! And yeah, reading a map isn't difficult. I learned that on my own at an early age." She didn't need to add a list of things her darling 'mother' had felt were beyond her "Comprehension or intelligence". That would just be depressing.... ! So she had an idea just then.. "Perhaps we could start in the attic? Sometimes really old things are stored there..." She shrugged... then felt momentarily light headed. Was Alna having a vision? Or was she about to have one? She hoped not!

Jasmine smiled at Varen's question. The men could death glare her all they wanted... they'd be paying for it in the morning! She thought a moment..."I like reading, but sometimes I practice my ..... magic- when I'm away from others. Shall we go to my place for a cup of green tea and time to ourselves? You could stay over... if you want to." She added, hoping he didn't find her too pushy, or bold. ...