Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Romance, Fantasy, Tudor, Historical, Magical
mountain cave.jpegCaden stepped out of the tent he called home. he'd helped others build actual homes here in the cave but he'd never bothered to build one for himself. He was determined that they would be able to go home, some day. Still, the Seer had a vastly different fate to tell, and though he knew the seer was rarely wrong, he could not bring himself to accept that they would all die, with no trace of their clan remaining.

He'd taken an apprenticeship with the wizard for that very reason. There had to be a way for them to escape this fate. There were now only thirty of them remaining, and they were huddled in the mountain caves like trapped prey awaiting the hunter. He paced the wizard's lair like a caged lion, spitting out curses to the heavens for their supposed annihilation.

The wizard looked on in amused silence. "Wearing a path in the stone of my floor is going to change fate somehow?' he asked.

Caden stopped and glowered at him, "No Morden," he admitted, "It will not, but it gives me aught to do beside breaking my hand against the wall."

The wizard nodded, "OH aye," he agreed, "Also not a good pasttime. Are you calm enough to heard a suggestion?" he asked.

Caden narrowed his eyes and looked at the wizard intently, "I am always calm enough to hear a suggestion."

Morden huffed, "Says you," he commented with the wave of a hand and then went to the wall and retrieved the book. "This book says it is possible...possible mind you...not guaranteed...possible...that one can travel forward in time...."

Caden drew in a breath, "What?" he asked and grabbed the book and read. "I need to speak to the seer. prepare this just in case. I will be back shortly.

He ran at his full out fastest to the far, darkest part of the caves. Most people feared the Seer, and that part of the cave, but he'd gone to see her many, many times. He approached but stopped when he was about twenty feet away and called out. "Seer Sovalna, tis I Caden. Please grant me an audience." He waited for the tell-tale scampering of whatever critters guarded her part of the cave to begin moving and for a faint light to appear before he moved again.

A woman of slender figure and lovely appearance, save for the empty sockets of her eyes, strode forward from the shadows, "Caden," her voice spoke knowingly, "You wish to ask the fate of the people again?' she asked, "have not the past ten times convinced you?"

Caden shook his head, "I come to ask if traveling to the future could change our fate. Is there someone that could help us?"

Sovalna smiled a brilliant smile, "Have you been reading the books of the ancient prophesies?' she asked curiously.

Caden furrowed his brows, "What books?"

Sovalma chuckled a bit, "That would be a no, then. how very interesting." She moved to a large cauldron adn threw in a few berries and various other things no one ever dared ask about. She lifted a large wooden paddle and stirred the pot and then removed the paddle and watched though no one ever understood how she did so. She stared at it for a much longer amount of time than any other time he'd visited. She finally straightened, "There is one. A woman. She is far into the future but she possess the magical abilities necessary to cast the ever hidden spell that will save the fae and allow our clan to survive this threat. However," she said, "I must warn you. In her time she is in danger, and time is of the essence. You will not be trusted or even welcome. She will not be willing to help at first. You have only a short time to earn her trust and return here with her, or all will be lost here, and the former fate will remain."

Caden nodded, "Understood. I will not fail our people."

• Love
Reactions: Maggie
Laurana, aged 22, was not your average working-class woman. She had a nice office job, a quiet home life with a decent apartment, and a few friends. But she always had to be careful around people, so no one saw her magic. She had telekenisis and healing powers unheard of since the Bible times, but also horrible dreams that showed her things of the past, present, and future. A man had appeared in her dreams last night actually, a great burly-bear looking guy. He was somehow very important, as important as those strange figures that often followed her to and from her work place, but disappeared just before she could get a closer look. She had no real idea who her family was, as she'd been in foster care most of her life, and went through a lot of trauma and despair. She never mentioned her past, and she never looked into her real family, what would be the point? She knew they'd gone this long without her, which meant she'd been abandoned, so who would care if she did find them? In any case, as her therapist told her, it wasn't really conductive to building a better future for herself. Dwelling on the past was never good, and she was doing so much better than when she'd first started therapy, 10 years ago. She wanted to keep things as they were. As she typed away on the company's computer, she knew she'd be just fine, as long as no one ever found out her secrets. Though she was so careful, it was improbable that she'd ever have to worry....right?

Reactions: PoetLore
UDxZFRt.jpg
Caden was about to leave the Seer's lair when he remembered what she'd said, "What are these books you spoke of?" he asked, "Why would my question have given that impression?"

Sovalna feigned a look of confusion, "Did I mention books?"

He nearly growled at her impertinence, "Do not believe yourself safe from my blade Seer," he threatened, "I do not fear you as others do."

She laughed, "Yes you do," she said as she moved across the room to a bookshelf, "Here..search it out yourself if you are so sure you can make this journey successfully.I am surprised Morden had no mentioned it already."

He caught the book she tossed at him and cast her a very dangerous look, "You yourself said time was of the essence. Why then do you act as if I have all the time in the universe to search out this old tome?"

"Be gone Caden," she said, "Ask Morden." And with that the little light that was in the cave was extinguished and the skittering of creatures could then be heard once more. He sighed and left the lair and returned to Morden with the book in hand. he lifted the book and gave his old friend a sideways look, "Why does the Seer insist that you should ahve known something of this book?' he asked as he fairly charged into the room. The look on his face was fierce and accusatory. "What prophesy does she speak of?"

Morden looked at the book and frowned, "She gave you the book?' he asked as he reached for it, "I would never have believed it...if I were not seeing it with my own eyes."

Caden looked on Morden with suspicion, "She asked if I had been reading the anceint prophesies..."

Morden lifted a brow, "Why? What did you ask her?"

Caden narrowed his eyes, "I asked her if there was anyone in the future that could help us."

Morden's eyes widened and he looked at the book, "And what did she see?

"She saw someone far in the future, who was in danger in her own time. She said the woman would not trust me, or cooperate, but that time was short and she must return here to cast the ever hidden spell or all would be lost."

"She saw the woman who could cast the spell?"

"Yes."

"Then we must send you to her immediately," eh said as he grabbed the younger man's arm and pulled him over to the prepared circle on the cave floor. "You will feel strange, but there should not be any lasting effects from this sending. maybe some nausea...maybe a head ache..Hoepfully nothing more."

"Hopefully," he said with a huff and a knowing glance, "Which means I will arrive unconscious and at the mercy of any fiend more likely."

Morden looked stricken, "You wound me."

"I speak truth," he countered, "You sir have no idea what this may do. But since the lives and existence of our people is at stake, I am going to allow you to thrust me into the unknown."

Morden cast the spell and was half expecting to open his eyes and see Caden still standing there glowering at him, but when his eyes opened he was no longer there. He let out a happy, Whoop!" as he walked over to the circle and saw nothing.

Meanwhile Caden and the ancient book appeared in a dark cold place. He looked around and saw stairs going up and down. He looked down at the Book and spoke, "Which way?" As if the book would suddenly begin to speak and would make this easier for him. He pulled the fur of his cape around himself a bit closer and stood there trying to decide how he should proceed.

• Love
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a7/b5/e5/a7b5e574e21c55fc41f5cd92d56057a2.jpg

Laurana stayed busy that day, data-entry typing on various formats. Data bases could be really tricky, and annoying, so she paid close attention to what she was doing. Dressed in a blue business-looking blouse, and matching slacks, she felt entirely professional. And she should. She'd made employee of the month this past January, and was giving it another shot for February. Work was never really slow, but there were five breaks, and a long lunch hour to give employees plenty of chances to refill their caffeine beverages across the street at the gas station. As it was only 9:30 a.m, she was set: Hot cup of Starbucks caramel mocha, and one donut. So sue her. She didn't have much appetite until night time, and mornings were a drag no matter what.

Just around the corner, her boss Mr. Jones, wanted a few phone calls made to another company. Naturally he picked Laurana and e-mailed her the instructions. Wasn't his fault she was so darn noticeable. Pink hair. Really? And she claimed it wasn't dyed,.. hah!

Laurana rolled her eyes at the gossip, but did as asked, after all, a job like this one paid well, she wasn't about to screw it up. Though she did look forward to lunch break.

caden had the sudden and undeniable urge to go UP the stairs. he couldn't explain it but it was there. he had to hope that the fates were helping him save his people from extinction. He moved down the strange row of doors and when he got to the fourth door he again had that overwhelming urge to enter there. He reached up and pushed but nothing happened. He looked at the odd round thing and tipped his head a bit.

He was about to touch that when someone opened another door and entered the hall. He stiffened immediately and watched the woman with steely intensity. She woman after her initial shock at seeing a man in a fur, whatever it was, moved as far to the other side of the hall as possible, actually sliding her arm along it as she rushed past him. Caden had no notion to follow so that had not been the woman he had been searching for. He turned back to the door and tried to turn the thing, but it stopped. He pushed his shoulder against the door a few times and it gave way and he stepped inside. Turning though, he shut the door again thinking that the woman would not be alarmed so long as she found the door shut as it had been. Unfortunately, it was OBVIOUSLY forced open.

He moved deeper into the woman's cave and began to look around, and await her return. He had no doubt she lived here. he could sense the magic all around. He'd found her. Now he just had to convince her to return with him.

• Love
Oh God.. what a long, hectic day at the office. The fax machine had stopped working, and she'd had to telekenetically, -while- being discreet, push the stuck paper through the slot. The stupid copy machine ran out of ink 5 times, and then during her lunch she had to make four more phone calls. Needless to say, she was very exhausted when clock out time arrived, and she could leave the office. Mr. Jones thanked her for the help, and she promised she'd see him tomorrow.

Once home however, she had a sinking feeling. There was her apartment door, practically broken off its' hinge! Jeebus, talk about aggressive; and it wasn't like she had anything! A shelf full of books in the living room, a coffee-table in the dining room, a lot of groceries, some jewelry she mostly bought at walmart, that and a laptop in her room. Soon she found the cause of her broken door knob, and she was in total shock at the sight of him. Oh wow.. what a scary looking male! Those rippling muscles looked like he could rip a bear's head off in one blow, not even breaking a sweat! "Freeze! I don't know what you want or who you are, but if you don't leave, I'll call the cops!" Except she'd left her damn cellphone at her desk at work...! She instantly began backing towards the front door, then with an after thought, she fixed her broken doorknob with her mind again, and fled, heading back out into the streets. He was just too damn scary, and in her apartment. She really didn't want him to catch up to her and tell her why! Little did she know, she was running away from safety!

• Love
Caden had inspected the contents of her cave, and had found that she lived a fairly sparce life, so maybe convincing her to return with him would not be so difficult after all. She had a few books, but they were not any language he'd ever seen. He found odd food supplies in her cabinets, but again, nothing he could actually eat. Most of it was powdered or hard. He saw no place to build a cooking fire, so maybe the people of this time ate powder. It seemed unfathomable to him, but he had no other explanation.

Exhausting his exploration he sat and began to read the ancient prophesy book the seer had given him. He devoured the pages at a feverish pace, trying to find the pages that would pertain to the girl. he found a few vague references so far, but nothing that would help him know how she could help, or why it had to be her. he would not stop though, he would continue to read until he found what he was looking for, or until she agreed to return, whichever came first.

He heard someone at the door and rose from where he sat on her chair, of sorts. He saw her and knew immediately it was her. He felt the magical energy she used to fix the door and he'd smiled at that sensing. But then she took off and he sighed. The seer had been correct, which of course, she generally was. He set the ancient tome on her coffee table and took off after her, knowing the door would now bar people from entering again. His long strides were making short work of overtaking her. He hoped she would stop and let him explain but he could tell that wasn't exactly likely to happen. His brow furrowed though, and he sensed something nearby. Something of evil intent. The Seer had said shew as in danger in her time. He pitied whoever it was, because they were not going to harm the one who was their only hope of survival, not while he drew breath.

• Love
Oh hell, of course he'd be pursuing her! Weirdos, what was it with them! She ducked into a deserted, dark alley-way, in spite of the cold weather, not wanting him to attack other people, but she needed to hide herself! Unfortunately, she'd no idea just how dark and concealing this alley would prove to be, until two very strong hands clamped around her neck! Brutally, with great force, the shadowy-figure of a towering man, slammed her against the brick wall, knocking the breath out of her lungs, and bruising her back terribly. She winced, but she wasn't going without a fight. It was then she saw a long black van at the end of the street. Kidnappers... three of them! She definitely counted the man in her apartment as one of them, having no idea about him or what he wanted, but it didn't matter now. All she cared about was getting far from these jerks as possible. She kicked out at the man holding her, then lifted up a heavy trashcan with her mind, slamming it against his own back until he lost his grip on her bruising throat, and dropping her to the cement. She screamed, just as the 2nd kidnapper attacked her with a fist to the head! Out cold, she fell to the ground, unable to move, barely breathing. All in all, not a good day for Laurana.

Caden saw her lift the object and smack it into her assailant. Very good, his mind thought approvingly. He had half a thought to just let her beat the attackers with her powers, but then another man struck her and he let out a feral growl and thrust out his hand. A flash of light filled the alley as fire flew from his hand and into the man, not onto him, but INTO him. He burned to dust instantly. he advanced on the rest of the men with menacing speed and watched as they all got into the thing, whatever it was at the end of the space they were confined in and then they disappeared.

He knelt next to her and with very little effort scooped her up in his arms and carried her back the way he had come. She was in no condition to fight, but as soon as she regained full consciousness he knew that would change. She would fight, and he was almost looking forward it.

• Love
Laurana was unfortunately for her, too hurt to do much fighting. Not only from the attack either. She'd used up too much of her magic that day, without realizing it. Pain throbbed in her head, all the way from the front of her forehead, to the back, pounding like someone repeatedly hitting her with a brick. What a horrible day. . .and a worsening night. She slowly, cautiously checked to make sure none of her bones were broken. Nope. Just massive bruises down her back and the front of her neck. Swell. Now she looked like a domestic abuse victim! The bastards might as well have finished her off, she didn't think she could even go to work the next morning. Opening her eyes, she saw they were back in her apartment. "Okay, okay.. I've had enough bruising for one night. Who are you, and why did those freaks attack me?" Odd. Something about this man's appearance.. hadn't she dreamt about him recently? Her mind was starting to clear, but slowly. She'd taken one hell of a beating.

• Love
Caden deposited her on the chair gently and both brows lifted when she began to speak. Not good, he did not understand a word she was saying. His brows furrowed and he crouched down beside the chair and gave the situation some serious thought. How in the world was he going to convince her to join him, and return with him if he could not communicate with her?

Well he could start with the obvious things. He pointed to himself and then spoke, "Caden..." Then he pointed to her and lifted his brow in question.

Hoepfully she'd catch on that he could not understand her language.

• Love
Blurry-vision was creeping into Laurana's eyes, as she tried to stay upright in the comfortable arm chair. "I'm Laurana... do you not speak English?" She asked, concernedly. Maybe this was all a big misunderstanding because he was foreign! That would certainly explain a lot, especially his wild appearance. Unfortunately, she didn't know his language, whatever it was, and this could prove very frustrating to both of them. Even as pain spread through her back like wildfire, she wondered about this guy. Breathtaking to look at sure, and already he'd proven himself in saving her life, and that gave him extra bonus points in his favor. But . .. what was he trying to tell or show her that was so important?

Caden shook his head, "Laurana," he repeated slowly and then having a sudden inspiration he grabbed the ancient book and handed it to her. "You are the one," he said in his language knowing she would not understand but maybe she'd get his drift.

he could see her discomfort and he reached out to touch her hand. For a large muscled man, he was gentle and his hand would begin to glow with a soft green light. She would feel a cooling sensation on her back as the pain subsided and the damages were healed. He poured a substantial amount of his energy into her, before his hand stopped glowing and he released her hand. Maybe if she was not in pain she would be able to understand what he was trying to communicate. Maybe the book would help them both. he was sure it had led him here to this room. maybe it would help her now.

• Love
Laurana gasped in shock as her wounds were completely healed.. even scars from long ago abuse had cleared away with this man's touch! She was in awe as her pain completely went away. She'd never experienced anything with another healer like herself. She gazed deep into his eyes, and felt a strong pull in their reflection. A Desperation, something she could help him with, and no one else. "You heal.. like I do... Tell me, Caden, what is it I can help with?" She spoke slowly, carefully, worried they'd never understand eachother, but sensing there was something that could help them both. She was still scared, but no longer of him, only of the potential enemies they would soon be facing.

Caden could see that he pain was now gone and that her eyes were clear of the fog and ahze of her injuries. He pressed the book into her hands and opened the pages to where he had found the first reference to her. He pointed to the words, mga tubo ng liwanag.

((She would notice the words would glow if she touched them. And she would see the meaning of them and understand. "The one born of light."))

He could see the change in the book as soon as her hands touched the cover. His eyes lit up and he was full of hope, for the first time in a very long time. He pointed again and then looked at her. His words would sound gruff and hard to her ears, but for some reason she could understand him after touching those letters, "You are the one. I was sent to ask you to come back with me and cast the spell that will save my people. You...are our only hope."

• Love
She blinked again, shock fading, but still surprise in her bright violet-purple eyes. "Only hope for what..and who are your people? What spell? I can only use telekenisis, and a lot of healing... like you can... and dreams.. I have really strange dreams that sometimes happen." She couldn't think of any magic that might help him or his people. But she couldn't help feeling like she should at least try. That if everything was successful, she could even end up with a lot better life than she had here, alone day after day, never really able to date much because too many males got the wrong impression of her. It would be nice, finding her niche in the universe.... even if it wasn't here. But those enemies she encountered tonight... "Those creeps that attacked me in the alley... were they from your world?" She finished, letting the man process her questions, not even surprised anymore that suddenly they were talking in the same language.~

Relief washed over Caden's face as she began to speak in a way he could understand. Had her words changed? Or had he developed the ability to interpret them? He had no idea but he was glad of it. "I am the head of a clan of fae the MacEntyre Clan to be exact. We ahve lived among the highlands for generations, keeping our skills and talents hidden, but one of our tribe left the rest and married an outsider. That man learned of her healing magic, when their child fell ill and she of course healed him. The man was afraid of her then and had her killed, as well as his own son, fearing she had put a demon into him through the magic. Utter nonsense of course but he is an ignorant man."

He paused and looked at her then, "This Douglas has hunted our people ever since and he has reduced us to only thirty, and we are trying to hide in the caves of the high mountains. But he has hounds that can find us even though we are magically cloaked from their sight. Our time is short."

He looked at the book then, "You are told of in this book," he said, "The one who can cast the ever hidden spell that will create a magical barrier strong enough to hide us safely so that we can rebuild our clan and regain our strength."

He shook his head, "Those men were not from my world," he said, "Men in my world do not punch women. Such an act would be unthinkable." He furrowed his brows then, "What was that conveyance they used to escape that place? It moved without horses..."

• Love
Laurana thought deeply about his words... somehow they had to be believed. His serious expression brooked a no-nonsense tone about him, and his eyes, so haunted, yet determined to fix the wrongs of his world. "That was called a van.. I used to have a vehicle similar, but smaller, called a car, until insurance prices went too expensive, now I take the bus or walk." She explained. She would definitely have to get him on the computer soon so he could learn a few things about her world and time period. "And the men of your world sound amazing, compared to most of the hateful brutes we have around here. I grew up in violent, foster-care families, I learned how to raise myself and be independent early-ages, to save myself further beatings for asking for help. I know people close to me with worse lives though. So of course, I'll help you and your people... But what kind of spell are we talking about? I might need to practice it before I can try it, to make sure I don't make anything worse over there." She added. But before Caden could answer, a shattering noise alerted her instantly, and had her on her feet in a second, bracing herself for more trouble. And indeed, she wasn't disappointed. The same men were now breaking through her living room window and swarming towards them! Good grief, couldn't either of them catch a break!? She thought, lifting a chair from the kitchen to slam against one of the attackers. To her dismay, one of the men was sneaking up behind Caden, brandishing a really nasty looking knife! "Caden, watch out!" She yelled.

• Love
Caden listened and though he could tell she was used to a rather violent and horrible life, some of the things she said were completely over his head. He had no frame of reference for car, van or bus. He furrowed his brows, "How is it that you have no idea who you are?' he asked, "You are the royal Princess of the Fae, your hair and eyes are proof of it. I am not at all certain how the family came to this, unless we did actually fall at the hands of the Douglas." He shook his head. That could not be. He would not let it. She would see a fierce turn of his countenance and mood as his thoughts grew more forceful.

The turn of his mood accompanied the arrival of those men, and for them that was a very bad thing. A calm Caden was one thing, a pissed off Caden was another entirely. She was trying to throw things at them but he was not being so kind. once more, fire shot from his hands at the two men who were in front of him and they were instantly ashes on the floor. The one behind him, that rushed toward him even faster when Laurana alerted him to the attempt to attack from the rear, was not so lucky as his cohorts.

Caden spun and grabbed the hand with the knife in it and there was a very loud sickening sound of breaking bones. Looking on in shock the man lifted his eyes up to Caden and he would see the flames in his pupils that would then die. The man was obvious not in possession of any measurable amount of brain matter though, because he attempted to pull a gun from his pocket with his free hand.

Caden growled and the gun melted in the man's hand at the touch of his fingertip. SO now he had one hand with every bone broken and another that was burned to nearly the bone. Caden never looked away from him, but waited to see if the man chose to attempt something else. When it became evident the man had no other thoughts of attack but rather began to whimper and moan, Caden looked over at Laurana. "Tie him to a chair," he said thinking she would use her power to do it while he held the man's hands fast.

"He will give us the answers you seek," he said in an deep, icy voice.

• Love
Laurana gasped, startled at how -fast- Caden moved! She couldn't understand what he meant when he called her the Royal Princess of the Fae, but without hesitation, she tied the captor up physically, using strong ropes, around his ankles and wrists, trapping him. If Caden thought she was able to use too much more of her abilities, he would be disappointed in how exhausted she was already becoming. "Why are you assholes constantly chasing me?" She demanded, feeling almost as angry as Caden. "Are you from his world or mine?" She added, wanting answers quickly. She felt he knew a lot about her. Too much actually. Had they been spying on her longer than she first thought? If so, there might be more trouble down the road.

• Love