Chastianna could hardly breathe, and she was scared to death, but between Gavin and Lauranna her mind calmed and her magical overload jolted from her and into Gavin before he let go of her hand. Sensing she'd unloaded into Gavin she winced, "SORRY...." Half afraid to look at him she squinted had and then peeked at him with one eye, "You ok?"

Vaen nodded, "My pleasure," he said to her thanks. He was finding that any excuse to touch her was a welcome thing, but he kept his manners and a slight distance in front of the men.

The men for their part weren't under any misconceptions about the two. They KNEW what was going on between them and as far as they were concerned it was logical, right and fine with them. But they also understood decorum and professionalism, and appreciated the fact that they were being forced to endure a bunch of lovey dovey malarkey as well. They kept close watch as they traveled, knowing there were more predators out at night than in the day...bigger ones.

Varen moved ahead with her and looked for more clues, "So what have you discovered?" he asked as he picked up a little woven object. A piece of the cot? Possibly. He stowed it in his pack. "You mentioned that Serena was no longer in the forest..how do you know that?"

Aldin watched ehr and understood her reaction completely. He poured the wine and held the glass to her lips, "Drink it slowly..it should help." He wasn't at all insulted. he'd ahd to use some a while back and it had been the most terrible thing he'd ever had to drink. He needed a better delivery system, "Maybe if I put it in some food..it would be less distasteful...I will try to think of something before you need to take this again." He dipped a cloth in warm water and then wrung most of the water out and wiped her forehead. "You will sleep soundly for a time...which is why this helps in healing. Our bodies heal best when we sleep deeply and out subconscious cannot interfere. Do not worry though, I will be right here ensuring your safety." He set the cloth back into the basin and smiled at her as his hand cupped her cheek. "Rest now Sweet Oralie."

Reactions: Maggie
Gavin twitched a little as she left his mind.. then shook himself, finally ridding himself of the sensations of other people being in his brain.. well half the time he wasn't even sure if he was thinking of anything important or just struggling to make it through the next day... He'd been alone all his life and had no idea what normal thoughts, feelings, or routines were supposed to be like. . . "I'm fine.. just shaken up.. was that... you in my head? If it was... I'd understand if you need to go cookoo for coco puffs in a minute." He joked, feeling gradually better. He wanted to make sure she was alright after visiting even a minute inside his weird head.

Jasmine nodded... then had to think about his question.. How had she known about Serena's whereabouts? "The Earth showed me, Varen... I'm no seer... no visioner.. but because I'm so close to the elements... it's like getting a nudge of information whenever I ask of it....... I wanted to know if Serena was okay... and I felt relieved that the images of a good man taking her away.... but ...... " She frowned.. "Varen... her memories... are no more... That much I can also sense.. She might be terrified of ever coming back..." She hid the tears that wanted to form in her eyes... She'd always had elemental magic... she wasn't aware however, that they were becoming more and more powerful.

Serena drank the wine quickly, eagerly ridding the taste of the laudunum from her mouth. "It'll be fine...thanks... I do feel much better already... It is certainly fast acting... .I remember... I've always loved nature.. .since childhood... can't remember if I've had parents...but... The plants and wild life just sort of soothed me... picked me up whenever someone was awful to me..... And... I only remember the connection I felt to the forests and gathering herbs.... I can't remember anything else..but I guess it's a good start as any..." She felt the exhaustion settle over her like a shroud... and she felt scared..."Will I be able to wake up soon...?" She asked a little worriedly... Then, before panic could reach her... the darkness fell across her vision, and she soon fell into a deep, sound rest. Without worries, memories, or nightmares... There was only Aldin... and a peaceful life to look forward to!

Chastianna saw the wince and let out a groan, "i'm so sorry Gavin...really..." She hadn't been in there long enough to register anything and his words were strange to her on every level. Before she could feel worse he and the other men were gone. "I really hope he's ok...I didn't mean to ..do whatever I just did to him..." She frowned and then looked at the king and queen. "If I'm going to have magic and use it I want to do good, heal people, comfort them...how do I make it listen to me?"

Caden chuckled at the expression on Gavin's face. MMhmm...he'd gotten and full jolt of healing magic and he'd been stung a bit by it. He was fine though, Caden knew..so he sent them away to the Dragon's cave. "He is fine Chastianna...I would not have sent him otherwise. And..I believe you can learn more from Lauranna than myself concerning control of magic." he bowed to the sisters and made his way back to the room where Alna and Rebecca were working. "Any other news about Serena?"

Alna shook her head, "Not yet...but I feel no impending doom concerning her either. She is safe where she is and until Helena is dead or fully contained she is better off there."

Caden nodded, "I agree. If you could also perform another task for me..."

Alna stood and bowed, "As you desire King Caden."

Caden lifted a brow, "Right. I would like you to see if the elders will show us the identities of the people in the village who attacked Serena. I know it will not be easy, wince there were apparently many people involved, but these must be made to pay for what they have done. We cannot rebuild this people upon a faulty foundation of bigotry and hatred."

"Well said King. We will do what we can to be of help."

Caden nodded, "Thank you both." He turned then and went to find the remaining guards. He wanted to be sure the palace itself was being watched closely. He found the six men cowering in a corner with a torch holding off ..spiders? The floor was covered with them and the fire was the only thing keeping them from the men. This must be Helena's magic at work. His own magic created a strong aroma of lavender and cinnamon and the spiders squealed as they crawled into any and every crack in the stones of the palace. "I did not know you were in daner or I would ahve acted on your behalf."

The guards slumped tot he floor, "How could you have known?" asked one guard, "Sorry sir, we have not been able to patrol or anything. We will get about that business ow as Varen ordered."

Caden fought to remain neutral in his expression, "Understandable. Please see that you do. We must be vigilant against Helena's influences. Hopefully our men will return shortly with the means to end her once and for all. Until then we much be alert. Be about your duties then and good luck men."

Varen listened and was surprised by the answer. "Such a gift is indeed a blessing Jasmine," he said with pride and admiration. "I am glad she is safe, but this memory loss is indeed worrisome. I could not say I would blame her for being afraid to return with her attackers walking free, and perhaps ...." He hesitated to say what he was thinking but he trusted her and he valued her opinion, "Perhaps we should...not find her so quickly." He leaned closer and spoke softly, "Maybe we should take this slower to give the king time to find the attackers..."

Aldin listened and watched as the laudanum overtook her. He almost hated to use it, because it meant losing her company but he sat holding her hand and humming softly. he drifted off for part of the time the drug claimed her as his own body finally succumbed to the day's extra exertion. He woke and made more food for both of them. he ate his and then went back to her side. He watched her closely and smiled when her eyes opened again, "Hello again Sweet Oralie...see...you did waken again. Please do not worry. You are safe here. I will never harm you." He lifted a bowl of stew, "Ready for a bit more food? You should be able to handle some meat. You need to rebuild your blood levels..iron is the best way..." He dearly wished he had supplements with him, but he didn't. But he did know what foods were iron rich. Red meat, raisins, spinach...and he intended to see she had them all. He set the bowl on the small stand next to the bed and the slide an arm under her and looked at her. He had her broken arm splinted and in a sling tight to her chest. "We need to let you move a little so you don't get too stiff. I'm sorry if this hurts. Take a deep breath and hold it ok? One, two , three...." And he sat her up on the bed and then held her steady, "Are you ok?" he asked as his eyes roamed over her face. He would lay her back down if she felt dizzy or too much pain, but he thought she'd like to feed herself and begin to feel a little normal again.

Gavin was about to reassure Chastianna...and then found himself back in the swamp- this time with Niald, Morden and Nathan! It bothered him to his soul that he had to be back here again, yet he was ready to find the artifacts and return back to the palace.. "Right, got the map, and here we go, straight course towards our dragon." He added cheerfully as the dense fog and mist hung heavilly over all of them. It was like coming home again for him really, so he had little use of the map, but let Nathan hold on to it, in case they needed to look at it for avoiding dangers. He kept his hand on his sword hilt, making sure there would be nothing to spring out at them for a minute or so. Hopefully this quest wouldn't take too long, and the artifacts would be semi-easy to find....but this place was a death trap, so he doubted it would be easy.

Lauranna made sure Morden, Niald and Nathan were sent to the swamps as well, asking prayers for protection over all four of them. Then, she helped Caden with the spider problem, but really, she wished she could have Helena brought to the throne room to at least put that vile woman under an enchanted sleep so she couldn't hurt anyone else! She worried about Jasmine, Varen, and their guards... had they any luck getting to Serena's location, or at least learning more of what had happened to her? There was so much to worry about!

Varen's comment on her gifts made Jasmine smile sadly.. "Yes... they can be blessings.. though they didn't save my family." She shrugged, trying not to cast palls of gloom over the already tense atmosphere. "You may be right, on taking our time with finding Serena.. if anyone deserves a restful encounter with a gentle person, she does. I like Morden and Niald... but..... She does need more care than simply healing her wounds.... I would like to know where she is first though... to let everyone know she's truly alright, before we bring her back to the Glen." She added as they continued towards the clearing. It seemed to be getting closer, there was a sight of open wilderness a few more miles past the wall of trees...~

Oralie opened her eyes... feeling fine, if not a little tired still. She rubbed sleep from her eyes with her good arm, then sat up a little straighter, noticing Aldin was still with her. She smiled, accepting the food gratefully, glad her stomach was at least able to hold down more food. She wasn't remembering anything else, no name, no clue as to if she had a family... but pieces were coming back- at least about what she'd been like before the attack. She'd always been a recluse, it had seemed... so having a family didn't seem highly likely to her. Not really... A feeling simply told her that she'd had people in her life very dear to her; but a lot of the time they'd left her alone... she felt as though that would never be an issue here... with Aldin... he treated her so kindly... so ... respectfully... she sensed he'd been alone too long, and understood that quite well... Other questions would float through her mind...was she truly an undesirable person back at that...other place...? Had they all had valid reasons to hate her so much? Was she a bad person? She didn't know, but she would certainly try her best here to be better. To be more likeable.... She felt that there was something seriously wrong with her that people would want her dead! "Thanks, Aldin- this is really good. When my arm heals over I don't mind helping with chores or cooking either." She offered, smiling.

Naild looked around the dark swamp and then at Gavin, "This is...overbearing...I can feel the blackness..." He hadn't ever had such a sensation before and it was hard to shake it off. He too held tight to his sword hilt as watch the shadows for movement.

Morden put his hands on the boy's shoulders, "It would appear we have been sent to the right location...see there..." he pointed ahead of them slightly to the right, "The glow of the cave Chastianna spoke of..."

Naild looked, "I wonder if the dark creatures are afraid of this light?" he speculated, "I don't hear much movement...do you?" he asked looking at Gavin then.

Caden returned to the throne room and for the women, "How is it going?' he asked and placed a soft kiss to his wife's brow. Wife. How good it felt to be able to say that and know and feel it was true. He was still wondering what Morden meant about their magic joining. Morden seemed reluctant to tell everything he knew lately, which was troubling but he knew the man had his reasons. He could feel the worry rolling off Lauranna, "No need to worry Love," he said as his arm slipped around her, "I think all will soon be set to rights...I have asked Rebecca and Sovalna to try to identify the people who attacked Serena. It bothers me that our people could so easily be put to violence of that cruel a nature..."

Chastianna smiled at the two. She was very happy for them and they were indeed the perfect couple as she well remembered from the other timeline as well. "Quite troubling...Helena may not be fully contained but her magic is at best of a moderate level compared to what she would be capable of if free. Those people must have already harbored some hatred in their hearts for Serena." Her heart felt certain of the truth of her words, though she couldn't have explained why. "As to your question, King Caden," she sighed, "All I managed to do was send a heap of magic into poor Gavin...I need to figure out how to make it happen on purpose...it's just happening when I'm worried or...upset..."

Alna and Rebecca searched the books for items that could help identify criminals. Alna was SURE she'd seen a seer do that in the past but she was very young at the time. Such crimes were extremely unusual in the white fae community. "It bothers me greatly that people would do this. I agree with the King, we cannot rebuild on that kind of hatred."

Varen wanted to hug her but he instead placed his hand on her shoulder for a second, "No powers can save others at all times. When someone's time is come, it is come no matter how hard we try to fight against it." They were a long lived race in general but they did have a life span. They were not eternal. "I'm sorry they are gone though. It is difficult to be alone in this world...I know." His voice was low and calm but there was a stormy look there in his eyes. He well understood loss, too well. He pressed his personal thoughts from his mind and nodded, "We can find her location and report back. If she is in good hands, we can safely leave her there, so long as we can easily find her again." He looked at the treeline ahead where he could see the moonlight filtering in. "We should not be far, and it is possible we can safely rest once we are out of the forest where there are so many animals that could attack."

As if on cue a large pack panther leapt at the two of them from above and to their left. It's long claws dug deeply into Varen's arm and back as it attempted to rip out his throat with long sharp fangs. Luckily Varen's reflexes were fast and he'd been able to get his arm up in time to fend off that death blow.

Aldin grinned at her, "On day at a time ok?" he sat near but gave her the room to feed herself. She was doing quite well considering the trauma her body endured just yesterday. "Chores can wait, but if you want to get up and walk around a bit I can help you and you can take a look at the view." He built this treehouse so he'd have a good view of everything around, He could see the mountains to the west, a large Sea as well, and the forest in every other direction. It was a beautiful place, just a bit lonely. "For right now though, just get your strength back. GOod food and rest are what you need." He tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear and smiled, "It's nice to have company. I'm sorry we met the way we did, but I'm glad you're here."

Gavin understood the sensations that the swamp could cause, better than anyone- except Chastianna. "Listen, Niald... the swamps sucks out happiness. Hope. Dreams even... it can leave you in the blackest, inescapable pit of despair and not let you go. Question is- will you let it? Try for instance, to not let this defeat you- you're a brave, intelligent man, and I know you have a lot to look forward to- life with my sister for example. Hold onto that. And lets show this evil swamp it can't have what it wants." Gavin added, kind of half- motivational but mostly serious in his warnings. He lead the way through the safe trails towards said dragon they were to go meet, keeping his eyes out for any signs of artifacts along the way.

Nathan didn't like the swamp either. He'd always been out doorsy- sure- leave him in the middle of nowhere, and he wouldn't have a problem getting home. But this.... this stretch of grey, green-murk water and bare trees had him missing Alna, and the Glen quite fiercely, but he listened to Gavin as well, and kept high alert for any signs of attack or other dangers... It certainly did have a way of making one feel drained!

Alna was right, and Rebecca just hated the other Fae in their community- none of them had been kind towards her either... and still weren't! She shook her head.. "I hope this all gets resolved soon....." She bit her lip, reading more books, and writing notes. She was learning a lot! It helped her from worrying too much about Niald and the others...

Laurana smiled at Caden, snuggling into his arms.. "I feel... scared, Caden.. I thought the Douglas was bad... but this seems worse..." She sighed, feeling age creep into her soul from all the worry, stress and relentlessness of bad things that kept happening. Would they never have a moment's peace?? There had to be a way to stop this constant menace.. there had to! She walked over to Chastianna, realizing she was still freaked about her magic.. "Be calm, Chastianna... this is royal magic at work- if it was meant to go to Gavin to strengthen and boost his own magic- then what better timing than for while he's in that swamp? And... yes... many of the fae here have not been kind- to Serena, or even to Rebecca... I dislike their snobbery as much as everyone else... Serena's already lost her first husband Robert... but now.. to have this happen when her life was starting to become brighter..... I don't know... I feel like it's a sign sometimes... or a warning.." She added, frowning... "Your magic will take getting used to... Shall we practice now? I think it might be a good distraction for the moment, and you could get more comfortable with it.. I'm sure after a few lessons, you'll be very adept at handling your magic." Laurana finished, trying not to let the negativity she felt creep over her hope. It was hard though...Helena had a way of making things seem impossible... if only they could permanently stop that vile woman's magic!

"Varen!" Jasmine cried, grabbing the panther and throwing it angrilly against a tree. She used a small tornado to blow the panther far from them, and then hurried immediately to Varen's side. "We need to get you back to the palace....I don't think bandaging and first aid kits will help this..." She said, examining the damages and trying to fight tears from her eyes. She let one of the soldiers help her dress and clean his wounds... but she wanted him safe. Away from all the constant battles and ferocious attacks that kept happening out of nowhere!

Oralie smiled back at Aldin, having finished the delicious food, and drank more water instead of wine. She liked his company too... "I'm also sorry for these circumstances... but sometimes bad things have good endings... so I'm not opposed at all." She teased. "As for a walk... maybe in a day or so I'll be on my feet.. Hopefully... For now, I would like a little fresh air... Not too far though.." She added, hopeful that her strength would keep growing... The view from where she rested -was- gorgeous, and in time, she hoped to explore more of it. . . "When will I have to drink that Laudanum stuff again?" She asked, trying not to frown at the nasty taste....

Naild listened and nodded, "I have a lot to be thankful for...more than I deserve. I'm grateful for all of it." he held that all close to his heart and felt it warming him from within almost instantly. Maybe this place could only drain negative feelings from you. Hmm..

Morden had been her once before, and it was exactly as he remembered. Oppressive. "Good advice Gavin...keep your thoughts on good things. The swamp cannot steal that energy. Let's move quickly. The less time we are here the better." The group moved closer and closer toward the light of the glowing cave. The heat became almost unbearable, and felt like it was breathing around them, in and out. They reached the opening of the cave and they could hear a soft low rasping that matched the ebb and flow of the heat blasts. "Well...it definitely seems we've found the right place...and...seems the other creatures of the swamp avoid this area. Luckily we have only one foe to deal with...this dragon."

Naild moved closer to the cave and the closer they got the more he began to feel in sync with the ebb and flow of heat. He heard something then ~why have you come?~ He stopped and looked around but he didn't see anything or anyone and he knew it was none of his companions. He took a chance and replied mentally ~We seek two ancient amulets that were used to trap magic...our seers have told us that you protect them...we mean you no harm~ The noise in his head was like a warm purr from a kitten who was content and happy. ~Come in...you have nothing to fear from me~ Naild couldn't believe what was happening but he turned to the others. "I think I should take it from here."

Morden looked at him like he was crazy, "We aren't about to let you go in there alone..."

Naild put his hand to Morden's arm, "The dragon speaks to me..." he pointed to his head, "In here...he says I am safe. I feel no danger. Trust me in this."

Morden looked into the boy's eyes and then at the other two men. "Very well. You have ten minutes before we will follow..."

"Thank you." He gave each of the other men a serious look when his gaze met theirs and then he went into the cave. He was greeted with even more heat, but he ignored it. He followed the light down a fairly long tunnel but it eventually opened into a large cavernous area. The dragon rose to its feet, towering over him. The light from the fire glistened and danced on the jade green scales and made him seem even bigger. Fiery red eyes watched him warily. Naild spoke aloud now that they were face to face, "I am Naild, emmissary for King Caden and Queen Lauranna of the Green Glen of the fae. A great wrong has been perpetrated against the White Fae, really against all fae. We...I have come to ask you help in righting that great wrong." The dragon looked surprised at the candor and strength of the boy's words considering he could chomp him in one bite. ~Why are you not afraid?~ Naild heard the voice in his head and figured the dragon had no other way to communicate, "I feel...somehow connected...I know you will not harm me." The large head lowered until those large red eyes were very near Naild's head and hot breath almost felt like it would burn his skin. ~I too feel that connection. It has been a long while...I have been alone here abandoned for so long.~ The large head lifted then and the thud of heavy footsteps shook the cave. ~What you seek is here...take it...I wish you well~ naild could tell this was not an ordinary dragon. He moved to where his companion had indicated. He saw a lot of treasure, but only two necklaces. They had a bright glow to them and he thought they had to be what they were looking for to trap Helena. He reached for them and put them in his pouch and then his hand lifted to the dragon, "Thank you. Many people will be saved alive because of you." He lowered his hand and then started to leave but something stopped him. "Forgive me...but you aren't really a dragon are you?" How he knew that was not something he could explain at the moment. ~No. I am Prince Rook, eldest son of Helena~ Naild gasped and there were tears in his eyes. "It is your mother we seek to imprison or destroy. She ..." The large head dipped and was once again close ~Do not apologize. She is evil and power mad. She convinced me that her plan was necessary but I can see now that they were bitter and angry at my uncle for choosing love. Then she left me here...forgotten and alone. Do what you can to stop her. I am sorry for the harm she has caused. Please tell King Caden and Queen Lauranna I am sorry~ Naild frowned thinking. "Would you be willing to come to the Glen to tell them in person? Someone may be able to free you from this form...they have powerful magic..."

It had been more than ten minutes so Morden and the others came in and saw Naild talking to the dragon calmly. They could see he had the amulets. He also heard Naild offer to take a dragon back with them, "Um..." And that had the dragon's head turning to look in their direction so Morden held up his hand, "Sorry...I mean no harm. I'm not sure Caden can bring back a dragon."

Naild smiled, "I know he can. I'm not sure why I do, but I can feel it...and...we need to free Prince Rook."

Caden kissed her temple, "All this will be set to right...trust me in this?" His magic having joined to hers had given him a renewed sense of purpose and strength. He was determined to be a good king and to have the kingdom that once was. At one time all the magical races had a home there among the fae in peace and cooperation, and he intended to build that back again.

Varen hissed when the panther was flung from him as it took hunks of flesh from his back along in its claws. He stoically endured their doctoring but he agreed that they needed to had back. "We need to go back...Serena is safe...we can say where we are and I can tell we are close." He was breathing heavily and his voice was getting weaker as he spoke. He looked at jasmine and the men, "Not sure I can make the whole trip...I will try..."

Aldin smiled as she ate up all the food he'd brought her. A healthy appetite was another good sign of a positive recovery. "I think I could get you over to the balcony....there's a comfortable seat there if you'd endure my carrying you." He didn't want to impose himself on her, but he didn't think she could walk that far. "The Laudanum can wait until you are going to sleep for the night again. I have other things I can give you until then. We will save the laudanum until your pain is unbearable or until sleep is necessary."

Gavin and Nathan were both surprised at Niald's ability to speak with the dragon... but when they learned he wasn't an actual dragon, but a person trapped in dragon form... it rankled Gavin's nerves Prince Rook's crazy mother, Helena would trap him just to be a complete back stabber... there was truly no limit to that horrendous woman's evil, and they all needed to act fast. He looked between Niald and the dragon, everything seemed to go well.. but dragons could be dangerous, even accidentally. He continued to stay outside and give the two of them space. Nathan had the same idea apparently, though he was quicker to action when the time called for it.~

Rebecca wished for the thousandth time, she was adept at other magic besides visions! She hadn't any useful magic, like teleporting, telekenisis... or anything truly special. Knowing was all well and good! Sure... but couldn't she do anything else? Even her brother Gavin seemed to be far more powerful than she was. Rebecca tried to ignore her inner rantings, knowing they'd do no one any good... but it just didn't seem fair- she felt like a complete waste of space. Still, she did her very best, telling Alna and the others what was taking place in the Swamplands as it happened... and even expanding towards Jasmine and Varen as well... wait... a strong signal came from Varen.... "Varen's hurt! Bad... Panther attack got him viciously with claws and fangs..." She reported... "They know Serena's location.. but they can't get past the woods... .like they're trapped......" She said, zoning out a bit, her eyes going more dilated the more she saw.~

Jasmine swore to herself, she wouldn't cry like a baby in front of the guards... or dishonor Varen in such a way. "You have to stay strong... Please.... We need you to make it.. I'll help you in any way I can." She swore, holding him up. They would cease their search. Serena's location was just a few miles outside the forest... but if they continued searching, Helena would surely kill them both! <Queen Laurana, King Caden.. .Serena is in good hands... she's being taken care of, she's now awake and conscious, but no memories... still a man is helping her through her dire situation...he's not... from here... but he's loyal and faithful to Serena and would never hurt her.... We can't get through the forest... Permission to return...?> Jasmine sent out the telepathic message quickly, but clearly, not wanting to anger them, but knowing Varen had to get proper healing, fast!

Oralie nodded in agreement... she felt fine, honestly... though she was still aching and sore, the pain didn't sting from the multiple bruises and lashes. She was eager to get a little air, so she pushed back her blanket, trying to slowly sit on the edge of the bed. Her head spun just a bit, but then settled, her stomach was fine as well.... Truly only her broken arm gave her the most trouble. "I'll just need to lean on you I think..and I can get there.." She said gallantly... she was pushing herself she knew... but she wanted to see a nice view!

Naild led them all out of the cave. "You can ask Caden....but I know he'll agree." He looked at Prince Rook with a confident air and some of that spread to the hopeful but also doubtful dragon. Why would the White Fae's help him after all his Mother had done and apparently still was doing? He wouldn't blame the man for leaving him here to rot.

Morden nodded when they returned to the spot Caden had sent them. He pressed his hands together and there was a glowing light emitting from the creases between them. In his mind he sent the message ~Caden...we have the amulets. Naild makes a request. The dragon is Prince Rook, Helena's son and young naild wishes us to bring him back with us. What say you?~

Caden was bombarded with simultaneous messages from Morden and jasmine. "Whoa..." he said as he turned to Lauranna, "Can you help Jasmine? Are you rested enough to bring them here?" he asked as he mentally replied to Morden. ~I cannot leave him there. I will bring you all to the throne room, there is room there...make ready. It will be shortly.~ He sat on the throne and cleared his mind. He motioned for Lauranna to hold his hand and their combined cores were able to bring the group back from the dark swamp. He looked at the dragon and blinked. A bit larger than he'd planned he watched, "Forgive me Prince Rook, I had thought there was enough room in here..."

Morden had warned everyone that they would be leaving momentarily but it was faster than he'd planned. The shift was disorienting but smooth. He was glad of it and went immediately to find Alna and Rebecca. "Any news??"

naild went to caden, "I knew you could do it!" he said with pride, "Prince Rook has been trapped there in this form for so long..is there anything that can be done to free him?"

Caden smiled at the boy's praise, "Thank you for your confidence Naild. I do appreciate it." He looked at the dragon, "I will try, but it may take a bit of study. I am sure you know how strong your mother's magic is. It may take more than ours to undo it, but we will try."

Rook lowered his head and spoke to Naild, ~He is generous and kind. Please relay my humble thanks.~

Naild nodded, "He said you are generous and kind and he humbly thanks you."

Caden nodded back, "Will you be ok in here? Or would you prefer to be out in the open of the Glen?"

Rook tipped his lead a bit and realized he was quite large for the space, ~Outside might be best while I am in this form~

"He says outside might be best while he's a dragon."

Caden nodded and teleported him to the large training area off the gardens near the guardhouse. There was a soft grassy noll there with a weeping willow tree nearby that could easily cover him should he wish it.

Naild frowned, "Where did you send him?" When he knew he bowed, "May I make certain his comfort?" Caden nodded and the boy left, as he'd already heard about his mother and was eased greatly by the news. He needed to stay busy though.

Varen was moving as fast as he could but he was losing a lot of blood and they were constantly attacked by creatures. "Leave me and go to the palace," he said finally realizing there was no way he was going to make it. He looked at jasmine and his eyes closed just before he fell to the ground with a dull thud.

Aldin watched her and lifted a brow at her claim she could walk there. "I think you may be wishing..but we can try...I can always carry you if you falter." He stood by the bed and wrapped an arm around her waist and lifted her to a standing position. "Still ok?" he asked waiting until she was steady. If she was he'd help her, if not, he'd swoop her up and carry her to the balcony.

Laurana held onto Caden's hand, lending him her extra energy as well as concentrating on Varen and Jasmine! They were harder to grip, because they also had soldiers with them and she hadn't teleported that many in a long time, but she continued her efforts, though she was careful to not over-exert herself or harm the baby.

Rebecca stared up at Prince Rook in his huge, massive dragon form, impressed with his massive size... then, suddenly, he was out in the Glen. She looked at Alna. and then Morden.. "Jasmine's crying... Varen's... been hurt by a huge panther... they're having a hard time getting back to the palace.. if they don't... Varen might die." Tears of her own were welling in Rebecca's eyes. She'd liked the two centaurs since she had first met them....and she'd feel devastated if she lost anymore friends. She couldn't let go of feeling useless...~

Jasmine knew then the tears were flowing out and didn't give a damn who saw. She still swiftly took control as best she could. "Please, help me carry Varen back to the palace... we have to hurry!" She started by grabbing his under arms, hauling his human half carefully. The other guards stepped in immediately and carried his lower half also as careful as they could! They hurried as fast as they could- if anything attacked, Jasmine literally set it to ashes and flames upon sight! Then.. just as the sun almost went down behind the trees, Laurana finally broke through and managed to grab onto all of them, sending them straight to the throne room! She had stayed behind while the others visited Prince Rook outside, knowing she'd be able to teleport them all sooner or later. The poor dazed men looked confused and dizzy, but they each recovered, set Varen's unconscious body down, and gave Laurana and Jasmine plenty of room. "Jasmine... I thank both of you for so valiantly searching for our lost friend, Serena... I am relieved to know she is in good hands right now.... We will continue our efforts only when Helena has been subdued.. I am sorry you both have suffered so many wounds." Then.. in the next dazzling glow of power, Laurana healed every wound from both Jasmine and Varen's bodies, her magic encouraging Varen to wake, to get up again completely restored.... She turned to the soldiers. "You all may rest now.. We will debrief our next mission to get Serena back later on tomorrow.." The men bowed, then left.

Oralie stood on her feet... wobbly ... shaky.. then realizing how dizzy she felt, she had to let Aldin carry her to the balcony after all! yep, she'd been foolishly hopeful that her body was recovering faster than it was.... "Sorry... Aldin.. I'll go slower next time... " She added sheepishly, hanging onto his shoulders tightly. But the view on the balcony was definitely worth it! Miles of tall, towering trees, a beautiful, vast blue sky, touched only by a few clouds, and a sun that was sinking lower.... the air was chilly, but felt good on her feverish skin... Everything out there seemed so calm... so peaceful...... She could gaze at all this for hours...~

The men had gone to check on the dragon, and Caden with them. He wanted to be sure the dragon was on their side and to warn him of his Mother's magic seeping from containment and it's affect on animal life. "Prince Rook..I feel you should know...you mother is not fully contained and she is sending magic out from her cell that seems to be turning animals violent..."

Rook lowered his head in deference to the king but spoke to Naild. ~Her magic cannot influence me in that way. None with dark cores can be so magicked. It will affect only whites and creatures...and goldens...though I think perhaps they killed them all. At least she told me that was the plan.~ He snorted and a puff of fire escaped, ~forgive me. Speaking of my mother is not a pleasant thing for me.~

Naild relayed the message and was thoughtful for a time, "So then...Chastianna is immune as well...maybe she can seal the cell?"

Caden nodded, "INdeed she can with the help of the crown of tenebrous...but she must learn to release her magic."

Rook lifted his head and turned his gaze to Naild ~Chastianna lives? Oh I had not dared to hope they had spared her...~ As they watched something none believed possible happened. A green dragon cried.

Chastianna moved to help the men as well. her magic flaring to life as she touched each of the guards in turn healing anything necessary and providing them with renewed energy and strength to get to their bunks for the night. She hadn't thought about it, or planned it, but she saw a need and her magic engaged. When she finished she realized what had happened and flushed, "I think I understand now...I have to get out of the way and let it flow..."

Alna was shocked at the condition Varen arrived in. The centaur was one of the strongest warriors she'd ever known and to see him nearly lifeless on the floor was jarring and very sobering. Again they had underestimated Helena's power. This must stop. She returned to the cauldron and added more ingredients and asked for a vision of how to end this, and what she saw shocked her so greatly that she sank tot he floor in a heap. She was still sitting there when Rebecca returned. She lifted her eyes to the young girl, "Nathan..." She motioned to the cauldron, "stir and see what it shows you..." She wanted a second vision, to see if the girl would see the same thing. her calling out Nathan's name would somehow make it to his mind, though how?

Aldin smiled and scooped her up, carrying her easily to the balcony and setting her in a hanging chair of woven vines. "This is my favorite place to sit. You can see so far..." He sat on the table next to her he could tell by her peaceful expression that she was pleased by it, "I am glad you like my home. I built it thinking others would join me...it seems rather large and pretentious now...but I am glad you are here to help me enjoy it." he smiled a crooked smile and looked at the sunset.

Rebecca was glad to help stir the cauldron with Alna...She too said Nathan's name aloud, trying to figure out what it was Alna wanted them to figure out.. suddenly she broke out in a huge grin.... and hurried over to pull Nathan to their circle. "You're Morden's brother!" She said excitedly, then stopped when Nathan's face turned ashy. She looked over at Morden... "What's wrong...? It can't be that bad having Morden as a family member... jeez!" She shook her head at them both, and left them to catch up on things... She wanted to see what else the cauldron would show them...and was acting very casual! She then saw Varen's condition then noticed the paling of Laurana's own face.... she was using so much energy that day! Worry creased Rebeca's brows and she gently tugged on Alna's sleeve-- "Alna... Morden.. someone needs to stop Laurana from-" Too late... Laurana was standing regally one moment, healing and fixing everything as was her way... then... she'd collapsed over the throne!

Laurana had been doing just fine...though she hadn't eaten all that day since breakfast, barely letting herself rest or drink water, or take any breaks from everything Helena was throwing at them.. Now she felt dizzy, overwhelming black spots swarmed her eyes and down she went-- lucky that throne was right there or she'd have hit the floor pretty hard!

Nathan looked into the cauldron and it showed him clearly how he was Morden's brother... He'd had a decent childhood before joining the ranks of the white fae army. He wasn't supposed to... he'd been frail in health most of his youth... but he'd outgrown that and had grown up fairly normal. It wasn't until the Douglas had captured and tortured him for quite a few years that his memory had been knocked out. Trauma could do that- but thankfully, it was all slowly coming back! "Thank you." He said to Alna and Rebecca. Then he saw Laurana collapse and went to go make sure she was at least okay! Her vitals were good, so he simply straightened her unconscious form so she was comfortable, until Caden would take her back to bed. Jasmine stayed by Varen's side.... she wouldn't leave him until his eyes opened and he assured her he was okay! She was worried about the queen as well, but didn't want to wake her. Clearly she hadn't been resting well because of all Helena's evil magic she was trying to ward off.

Aldin had a wonderful home! Oralie knew she liked it here at once, the beautiful trees swayed in the light breeze, fluttering her hair and battered clothes as well. She blushed at how torn her probably once lovely skirt and blouse had been, but there was no hope for it...She'd just worry about clothes later. Out here there was none to judge her or criticize anything about her... From what very little she remembered, she'd been a lesser person- some sort of social pariah... Even if it was possible that she had a family... it didn't feel like they'd spent as much time with her... that they were okay with leaving her quite often. She felt okay in the regards she didn't remember them...or anyone from her brutal past. She was ready to leave it behind... "This is a perfect place, Aldin... I'm glad you've had such a home- even though you were lost from your own.....what was... your old home like? You don't have to answer if it's too painful to remember." She added gently.

Lana winced when Rebecca blurted out what she'd seen. Her eyes moved to Nathan's face and she could see the shock and a bit of pain. Was the pain from the lost years with his brother, or was it physical pain? She pushed herself up from the floor and followed him to lauranna's side and frowned, "She does too much..." she sighed and then went to check on Varen.

Varen laid sleeping for a few minutes after his healing was complete. He quickly realized he was on the ground as the cold of the marble floor seeped into him. "What happened?" he asked as his eyes opened and he started to push up and away from the cold. Seeing the palace throne room he blinked, "How did I get here?" Before they could answer he saw the queen unconscious on the throne and frowned, "She should not be exerting herself so..." He dragged a free hand through his hair and looked at jasmine, "Are you well?" as usual not concerned for himself, "How are the men?"

Naild nodded, "She is here," he informed Rook, "You know her?"

Rook nodded, ~She is my cousin. Her father Lars was my uncle...a good ruler and father...~

Naild tipped his head, "Would you like me to ask her to come and see you?"

Rook lifted his large head, ~I would be very pleased to see her and know with my own eyes she is safe.~

Caden had no idea what the entire conversation was since he could only hear what Naild was saying. "Who is here?" Hearing the answer he looked up at the dragon, "Please do not take offense, but she is protected here and should any harm befall her you will be held accountable."

Rook nodded to the king and tried to speak to him, ~I would expect no less. I am glad to know she is safe.~

Caden lifted a brow and nodded. "Naild you may stay here I will send Chastianna here." He left them and entered the throne room, seeing varen on the floor and the mass chaos he let out a low feral sounding growl. "What is going on here?"

Morden was helping Varen to stand when Caden entered, "More than you can imagine..."

Caden went straight to Lauranna and scooped her up off the throne and sat down with her in his arms as he fed her energy and healing magic. The sending wasn't necessary though, since the moment he touched her and their cores joined they both began to glow again and her core was completely restored.

Morden watched in fascination, "You two are mutual charging stations...that it very interesting." He grabbed a journal and began to scribble notes.

Alna left varen, seeing he was doing well and went to Caden, "She does too much...forgive me, I was in the scrying room...had I known..."

Caden held up his hand, "NO need to feel guilty Sovalna, I know my wife's tendencies. She always wants to help," his voice gentled and his fingers brushed her hair from her face as he turned to look at her. He noticed Chastianna then and remembered why he'd come back in the first place, "Chastianna...the dragon would like to speak with you...he claims to be your cousin...which would also make him Lauranna's cousin."

Chastianna blinked, "He is? How is that possible?" She listened as Caden explained and then looked at Gavin. "WIll you come with me?"

Aldin watched her and could tell she liked the view and the breeze. He smiled when she complimented his home, "Thank you..it took quite a while to build it alone, but it made the days pass faster and gave me a sense of purpose." He reached for her hand and brushed his thumb gently across it, "I am from a place called England, though my mother was born in Singapore which is why I look Asian and not like a normal Brit." He shrugged, "None of that means anything to you I am sure. Brits are generally very pale skinned and stiff in their bearing. Asian people tend to be smaller in stature and have the slightly tilted eyes and gentle yellowing of the skin. I am somewhere in between I think." He smiled at her then and kept brushing her hand with his thumb, "In my profession I travel a lot, so I do not get back to see my parents often, but this is the longest I have ever been away. They know my job is dangerous...I can only hope they are not overly worried or sad." drawing in a deep breath, he continued, "I must say your home is much more beautiful and untouched than mine. There are many people and pollution...I've become quite content here."

Reactions: Maggie
Lauranna groaned slightly, shifting in Caden's arms, but immediately felt better... "Sorry Caden... everyone...didn't know I was using so much. I'll be careful." She promised, kissing his cheek for the swift rescue. The babe grumbled in her belly, having been hungry for hours- at this point! "Sure...we'll go meet this dragon... and see if we can get an idea how to change him back." She added, standing on her feet again. Gavin agreed as well, and escorted Chastianna to where the dragon stood waiting. "This is one of your cousins, Prince Rook- Queen Laurana just had a small nap, and will join us shortly." Just as he spoke, Laurana was out with Caden in moments, having to tilt her head up to look all the way at the huge dragon. "Hello! Can you tell us how to return you to your normal form?" She asked, curious to meet her and Chastianna's new cousin... There were so many family relatives she was discovering today!

Jasmine simply stood there, with Varen, looking very relieved he was alright! "Please don't scare me like that again.." She told him, then helped him get his energy restored through a small gust of air and wind. It soothed the rest of the room, chasing away any lingering shadows of dark or oppressiveness. "Are you well enough to head back to your or my house? The men are fine, reprieved for the day due to recovery time.. it's been an excruciating day." She wanted to be sure he was completely alright... he'd scared her so badly back there when the panther had attacked! She'd almost lost him, and she cared about him deeply.... more than she was allowed to show publicly..

Nathan blinked,... still unable to accept being a brother of anyone.. but Morden? He studied his brother's profile.. both of them were lean, yet well-muscled men, true, with light brown hair... same intense blue eyes... good grief how had he missed so much history of his own? "Alna... could you and Rebecca let me know some way to break my memory-blocks? I want to know what else of myself has been missing for so long." He added in an undertone. He didn't want Lauranna to hear, because that one was too quick to spend energy when she needed to save it for herself and the baby.. although the way she and Caden kept glowing.... it wouldn't surprise him at all if she became like a conduit or power house before too long...

Oralie listened to Aldin's tale of his world and his family... "Well hopefully you'll be able to find them and your world again someday.... as terrible as it...sounds... maybe there are good things you'd left behind...." She wondered if at one point he'd ever had a wife or children, but was too polite to ask. She wasn't going to keep harping on something that might cause him pain, or worry. She felt comfortable in the vine-chair... the breeze lightly pushed her back and forth, and only then did she remember to ask a few basic questions... "In any case.. I do have to ask... Are there.. extra clothes here? Or bathing utilities? I'm afraid my clothes have more holes and rips in them than I can count....." She admitted, blushing slightly... and shoes... she'd lost her shoes somewhere along the way...~ She felt at peace here... she could even see a large lake, glittering in the slowly-setting sunlight down below them...

Rook recognized Chastianna immediately and leaned his large head down to rest against her cheek. ~I am so glad to see you well~ he attempted to say, but wasn't sure she'd hear him so he spoke to Naild as well. ~It is very good to see her looking so well. It is a great relief.~

Chastianna did indeed hear him and brushed her hand to the side of his face, "I do remember Rook...what happened to you?"

Rook hunkered down a bit so he'd be more on eye level with everyone instead of towering over them and making them look into the sun. ~Helena changed me into this dragon and ordered me to guard the amulets. She said it would only be for a short time, but as you can see...that was not exactly an accurate statement. I understand she is here causing trouble and while it does not surprise me...I am sorry and saddened to know it.~ He turned then to Lauranna, and seeing her with Caden realized she was the queen so he bowed his head deeply in respect, ~I wish I knew. My own magic cannot reverse it, though I had hoped I could reclaim my own physical form with my magic it has never worked. I am not strong enough to overcome my mother's magic.~

Caden could hear what was said as well, which was interesting to him since it was obvious that Rook was speaking to Lauranna. Perhaps their joined magic made this phenomenon possible? Whatever the cause he was glad of it, and liked that extra layer of protection he felt in knowing exactly what was said.

Chastianna looked at Lauranna and Caden, "Surely our combined power and knowledge can find a way? Helena cannot possibly be more powerful than this many royals together with a common goal." At least she would hope not, because if she was then they were in truly grave danger. She stayed close to Gavin while everyone spoke to her cousin and wondered within herself how they could help. She wasn't as strong as the others, but she was like a dog with a bone when presented with a problem. She would work and experiment until a solution was reached. "Have you ever seen a thing like this?" she asked Gavin, "Where someone was transformed into a beast?"

Varen stood and steadied himself and waited for the initial dizziness to fade before he nodded, "I believe I am well..." he looked down at her and there was a softness in his normally hard dark eyes, "I am sorry to have scared you, Jameela...I did not mean to and I shall try not to again." He stretched his arm over his head and rolled his shoulder to ease out the stiffness. Thickly muscled arms rippled with the movement and then he stood calmly, "I am sure I can make the journey home...I admit I am tired." Those were not words he had spoken in a very long time, a testament to exactly how injured he was and what kind of day they had put in."

Morden patted Varen's arm, "Rest will do you good my friend," he said with a smile, "I am glad you are well. Thank you for going after Serena and for your good report. Once Helena is truly vanquished or at least contained fully, we can take up the search once more. I cannot ask you all to continue in such conditions, not when I have ample evidence that she is well and being cared for by someone who knows what they are doing. He pushed his own fears aside and put on a brave face. He was terrified that she would never wish to return, and he couldn't say he would blame her for it. He hadn't protected her. The people here were cruel to her, and not accepting of her. Why would she want to come back? For him? He wasn't foolish enough to believe he had the market cornered on making a woman feel loved. Especially if she did not remember him, and this man was being gentle and kind to her after such a horrific experience. NO, it was highly likely that she was going to be lost to him and he was preparing himself for that eventuality.

Alna smiled at Nathan, "I think perhaps the best way would be to speak with Morden directly and let him fill in the gas. He knows more about all of this than any of us do...I think he has been waiting for you to remember...GO...talk to him. He probably needs a bit of family right now." She gave her husband's arm a gentle squeeze and then urged him toward Morden who looked a bit lost at the moment to her even though he was smiling and trying to be strong.

Aldon shrugged, "Perhaps...but it of little worry to me now. To them I am very sure I am dead. How cruel to make them relive that trauma by reappearing only to have it happen again?" He did have a fiance once, but his constant traveling had made that relationship crumble and fail before they ever got to the point of planning a wedding. This was the longest he'd ever stayed in one place, and he had to admit it was nice, restful and comforting. "I have a bit of clothing, but I dare say none of it would fit well...unless you are handy with a needle and thread." He stood then and returned with a man's button down shirt and a pair of tan pants. "These are the smallest pants I have and this is the softest shirt...if you can make them work you are more than welcome to them until I can meet with Mirq again." He looked at her bare feet and tipped his head, "Shoes may have to wait for Mirq...Sorry."

Gavin shook his head, still awed by how huge this dragon-prince was! "Can't say that I have..." He admitted. In all his youth and later years, the only things he'd really seen were swamp monsters. But never a dragon... and a friendly one at that. He stayed near Chastianna throughout the whole time... though he wondered where a dragon would sleep!

Jasmine was all too glad to get out of the palace and leave with Varen to his place! She made sure he was comfortable and already had dinner starting on the stove. She was glad to be able to take time out and see to his full recovery.. it looked like the others had full control of the situation for now...... "I was just so scared, Varen... that you would end up leaving before I could even tell you how much you mean to me.." She said, trying to hide how shaken up she was by the dangers all around them.... Life was so cruel and fragile...~

Lauranna felt sadness that someone's own mother could do something so deceiving and horrid to their own child... but then she remembered the pain Rebecca and ultimately, Gavin had suffered. She sighed, promising herself she would never ever, be like any of those parents.. She was thankful indeed to be where she was... 4 months pregnant, and ready to give so much love to the newborn. She was even teaching herself how to sew, mend, and embroider baby clothes. In any case, she thought about possible ways to get the dragon back into human form..... "Well... we will try our best to get you changed back to yourself, Prince Rook! In the meantime... is there any place you'd be comfortable sleeping? I'm afraid none of our rooms are large enough." She admitted, trying to think of so many things at once!

Rebecca felt a bit bad at her rashness and went to apologize to Nathan. He smiled, reassured her it was about time he'd listened to his own family- history, and went to find Morden... though he wasn't at all sure how to start this conversation... Rather, he observed Morden writing notes in his diary about Lauranna and Caden's magic... "So.. Brothers. Who'd've guessed? I wonder.. how much do you remember about us? Because I still only have peices of memory to go by..." He admitted, though they -were- becoming a little clearer as time progressed... He just hoped there wasn't anything too traumatic, for either of them. Rebecca had wandered off, probably to go see the dragon. Yep- Nathan could see her just as Alna probably could, standing in the back, behind everyone else yet still close-ish to Niald's side.

Oralie nodded... "Yes... I wouldn't want to make anything worse either.. And thank you, I will be glad for any change of clothing... these probably need to be thrown away.." She added, gesturing to her outfit... so much dried blood it was hard to look at herself.... but she knew rest and recovery were more important. "Mirq... is he a shoe maker...? Does he live in this area as well?" She asked, curiously. She changed, carefully, able to shrug into the shirt with ease, but definitely had to be helped into the pants! They felt soft and comfortable however, with no threat of anything being too big or about to fall off. "Thank you- for the clothing." She added with a smile. All her needs were tended to... her wounds were starting to throb again, but she didn't intend to ruin this beautiful view, or getting to know Aldin as much as possible.

Last edited:
Chastianna felt helpless. She wanted to be able to help her cousin but she didn't know anything about magic, just alchemy. But she wondered, "If we empty the amulets...and fill them with Helena's magic...would he be able to use his own magic to return himself to his true form?" she was looking at Caden and Lauranna for answers, figuring the two of them had more knowledge of how such things worked. She was glad of Gavin's presence close to her, it somehow made her feel safe and oddly warm.

Varen made the walk home slowly, not pushing himself, just enjoying the breeze in his hair and the smell of flowers blooming. Odd how you suddenly appreciated the little things after such a close call. He saw Jasmine cooking and went to stand by her. It was then he noticed how upset she was and how truly unnerved the whole episode had made her. He put a hand to her shoulder and turned her to face his a bit more, "Forgive me, Jasmine. I did not realize how deeply my being injured had upset you." His hand lifted to push the hair back from her face and rest on her cheek. "I had the same thought just before I fell unconscious...that I had never told you how much you mean to me. How beautiful you are in my eyes and how I feel hope for the future in a way I have not felt in many years." He leaned in a kissed her lips softly and then backed away again. He didn't want to assume things or start something he wasn't physically capable of finishing, but he wanted her to know where his mind and heart were going.

Caden looked at Chastianna, "Hmm...that is a very good idea actually. It would be far better for him to change himself...you may even be able to reuse this form should you need to in that case." he'd have to ask Morden but he was feeling pretty confident that was the best way to go about this.

Rook's large head had tipped contemplatively at Chastianna's question as well. ~SO you plan to use the amulets to trap mother's magic? That is quite genius actually. If her magic were less powerful I believe I could overcome this spell.~ It was Caden's comment that him thinking though. He'd always thought if he was ever free of this form he'd never look back, but what if someone needed a fierce dragon in a battle. Would he be willing to go there? Yes, he certainly would. He would have to give the matter much consideration. He looked over at the Queen and dipped that large head once again. ~Your concern for me is touching, your Highness. I will be fine here under this tree. The weather is warming and I am rather impervious to the elements. I thank you though, such thoughtfulness to a known enemy's child commends you well to this weary Prince.~

Naild saw Rebecca join the group and moved to her side and slipped his hand into hers. He missed her. Since their time in the alternate time, he felt odd when he was away from her. "How are you?" he asked softly, "Do you need to rest? Take a walk to have a bit of peace?" He was always trying to make sure she was taken care of and realized how much he cared about her.

Morden looked at Nathan and smiled a gentle smile, "It is good to have you back brother." he admitted, "It has been most difficult to keep this secret. I have missed you greatly, but I feared I would do much damage if I told you before you were ready to know." He reached up and gripped Nathan's shoulder with his hand and gave it a squeeze, "I remember all brother, what would you like to know?" He pulled Nathan over to the adjoining room and they sat down together. "Let me say this before you ask any questions," Morden said as he lowered himself into the chair there, "You were a great king. I have always been proud of you, even when you could not remember me...I was still proud of how you were with the people." There was a misty glow to Morden's eyes as he spoke, "It is so good to be able to talk to you as a brother again...so good."

Aldin helped her with the buttons and the pants and then to sit again in the woven chair.The shirt looked odd with one sleeve hanging there but he didn't think unwrapping her arm from it's present positioning against her chest was a good idea. She seemed to be managing well with one hand so he was inclined to leave it. "Once your arm heals you can alter this to fit better, for now it seems a good thing that it is a little big." He frowned then, "I cleaned you as well as I could while I was treating your wounds, and that sling is going to make showering impossible..." He blushed a bit, "I can continue to help you...and wash your hair if you'd like..." He'd seen just about all of her while treating her but somehow touching her while she was unconscious and he feared for her life was different than bathing her or even washing her hair. That all seemed so much more intimate and he felt awkward talking about it with her. He didn't want her to be afraid of him, or being here with him.

Lauranna was confident the royal family would be able to undo Helena's terrible magic one day, hopefully soon. "We still need to practice more with your magic, Chastianna...it's still entirely too dangerous, I don't want anything to happen to you because of that crown, or Helena's magic." She warned, cautiously. She was learning not to jump ahead, because whenever she tried that, it usually backfired! She smiled at Prince Rook, graciously. "Well let us know what to bring you for food and drink. We can certainly supply those at least." She assured him.

Jasmine was almost in tears, but when he kissed her... softly, as though she were made of spun glass, she almost wept right in his arms. She hadn't been hugged, except when she'd been a foal. She hadn't known another person's loving feelings for her since she'd lost her family... and through Varen.. she was remembering again, what that was like. It was dangerous; a tidal wave of mushy feelings that could later endanger her to lowering her walls, even at the stake of others' safety..... Yet,... surely here in his home it was ok to be herself... to be a normal centaur girl... Whatever normal was.... "I can't take chances with you, Varen... you're important to me and... It felt like almost all of the attacks were directed at you...... like Helena could sense how close we've gotten.... It hurts, knowing she can pull power like that... and ...I felt... helpless... for the first time in a long time...seeing you go down like that. I'm thankful the queen was able to save you.... but I don't want to take risks like that, Varen... not if it means you getting hurt again or worse.." She told him, trying to keep some of her composure and probably failing miserably!

Rebecca smiled and held Niald's hand gently. "No, I am fine, thanks....just came out to see the dragon friend you made. You were very brave in the swamps, Niald. I guess it's your new talent? Befriending dragons?" She wondered, again wishing she had a cool talent like that.. Visions.. who in their right mind wanted those?? Even Alna had suffered from terrible dreams, though she was far better at forseeing and describing the events than herself.. She knew and understood she was still learning... but was that all she was ever going to be able to do? She sighed resignedly, and admired the height of the huge, gleaming emerald dragon... He had really intense eyes.... so empathetic and full of knowledge.~

Oralie knew her wounds had been cleaned and washed -somehow- and of course had to realize it had been by Aldin... Strange. She didn't feel bashful... had she been shy in the past? It didn't seem like she was now... "I could use a good hair wash actually..... but... I do appreciate that you took such time in tending these injuries... They've been bandaged well, and I probably would be feeling twice as much pain as I do now if it weren't for your help.. and the laudanum." She told him, reassuring him that she was completely at ease under his care. If he'd been sent to hurt her, he would have done so- or much worse. One thing she knew about people... they showed their true colors very quickly! His aura... seemed... pale blue- mixed with silver.... how odd. Why was she seeing auras? Maybe it was remnants of the medicine.. She didn't dwell on it, and after looking into the trees again, the colors disappeared.~

Caden nodded, "I agree," he said looking at Chastianna apologetically, "And we need to research the proper way to empty the amulets safely as well as how they are used to trap magic." He too didn't want to get ahead of themselves. They needed to be careful not to create a situation that would allow Helena to get more power. If releasing the magic would even possibly have some of it go to her, they could not risk it. They needed to ensure that any released magic would go to either the Glen itself or to the king and queen. He'd have to consult heavily with Morden and Alna before they attempted anything.

Chastianna nodded in agreement, "I don't want to cause a bigger problem..." she bit her lip nervously. So much was riding on her ability to use that crown effectively. Her fingers writhed against one another over and over as she listened and watched. The king and queen obviously didn't believe in her, and she didn't blame them.

Varen saw the tears and moved closer pulling her against him and holding her close as he stroked her long hair, "Shhh....I am not so easy to kill..." his words likely didn't sound as convincing since she had seen him in a bad way today, but the truth was, that he likely would not have died. He'd have been very weak for a long time, but death did not come so swiftly for a Centaur. It was strange to him to have someone care about him, and to have another centaur near him. "You are important to me as well Jameela...I had thought to spend all of my existence alone...now I see a happier one thanks to you."

Naild lifted a brow turning to her, "I didn't really think about it...maybe..." He didn't think he had any talent at all...not of any kind but maybe there was something to this. Though it seemed others could hear Prince Rook, so maybe he wasn't special at all. He wasn't going to be able to make his place among them so easily. He was going to have to prove himself through hard work and diligence, and that was ok with him. "I think I'll have to work hard to make my place here. I don't mind that, I want to prove myself worthy of you." He looked up at Rook when she mentioned him, "He does have much knowledge I believe, and I think being trapped as he is has taught him lessons that he maybe would wish he hadn't had to learn. I hope we can find a way to free him."

Rook heard them speaking of him and glanced over at Naild and Rebecca, and he saw them standing near Gavin and Chastianna. He saw the resemblance between Rebecca and Gavin and his mind began to work overtime. Were they the two children that his mother and Hannah thought to kidnap and kill? Had they kidnapped them? Was he wrong? He had no way of knowing, so he was going to keep that to himself unless someone asked him directly about the plans of the two.

Aldin nodded, "i can well imagine. I would be happy to wash your hair for you." he hadn't even attempted it before because he was more concerned with keeping her alive. Now that he was conscious and moving a bit, he could attend to lesser concerns. "Let me give it a bit of thought...I don't want you to be uncomfortable." he'd figure it out he was sure. "For now we can just enjoy the warm sun and the breeze." he couldn't remember a time he was happier or more content in someone's company. The fact that she was stunningly beautiful didn't hurt either.

Lauranna, being empathic by nature, couldn't help notice Chastianna's feelings. "It's not that we don't trust you. We don't trust Helena... she's gotten this far in hurting many of us here... we're not going to risk the loss of another person if we can avoid it." She said gently.

Rebecca smiled at Niald... "Shh.. you've proven yourself to me over and over already... just do what makes you happy in life, Niald. We'll figure out the rest as we grow up.. We've already seen our adult selves.... so I already know you're going to be a great knight..." She smiled, also knowing he'd be her husband. She was truly lucky to have him.. He'd proven himself even that terrible day Sheena had tried to throw her out a window...he'd gotten help when she'd been poisoned... twice... and he was worried about proving himself? Often- it was the same for her-- she wanted to learn as much as she could... in a small amount of time, because she wanted to be the best wife possible for him that she could!

Jasmine fought her tears away, surprised Varen had called her Jameela.... she'd heard it before, but it was such a long time ago. "I like that name... what does it mean?" She asked, brushing her pale blonde hair from her face. She was glad he was okay, and that they had the rest of the evening to themselves. She definitely needed alone time with him. "I was happy to meet you too... I'd lived alone on the beach most of my entire life.... but I'm thankful I'm here with you now." She said, hugging him close to her.

Nathan sighed.. "A king.. I wish I could have remembered that.." He shook his head- knowing the rightful crown was now on Caden's head, and Lauranna's as Queen. "I didn't make any rash decisions I hope... I guess just tell me everything you can and I'll see if this over-blocked memory will let me see it... Don't hold anything back...please. I've missed out half my life..." He added somewhat sadly.

True, Oralie was pretty comfortable in the chair of vines. The breeze kept her cool, and she didn't have to move just yet...though later on she'd definitely want clean hair again... "The sun seems brighter here..." She agreed, leaving him to his own thoughts... Her own thoughts... well they were simply focused on the here and now... Past memories gave her migranes; while future planning didn't seem at all possible... plan for what? She couldn't -do- anything without her past... and she still felt confident she wasn't even ready to face all the pain it had in store for her. Not yet...~