Laurana simply howled with laughter at Xavier's comment though, women needing leashes! HAH. She went back to staying under the blankets with her Lauden though, fully amused by Xavier's humor. Like men couldn't do with some sort of anti-stubborn spell! Hm... that got her mind thinking..~

Ginnia brushed at her tears, wiping her dad's tears as well... "No, dad. You didn't fail. People everywhere can be cruel...Don't take responsibility for that. You did the best you could. And you still are. Some adults never even manage to try to change their ways like you have." She told him, sitting between him and Billy on the log now.

Claire smiled as she hugged and gently kissed Rook.. "I will never abandon you, Rook. Let's get some soup and then back upstairs to rest. . ." She assured him, holding his hand as she lead the way down to the kitchen. Rebecca and Niald had already left, heading upstairs for the library, and extra time to make up to each other. Claire found plenty of tomatoe soup and even some of the grilled cheese sandwiches. She heated these up and found bowls and plates for them to use. Once lunch was ready, she went back to their room, rather than at that long deserted table. She wanted him to stay as comfortable as possible, and didn't mind taking care of him while he healed.

Mickey's lower lip trembled as he was passed over to Chastianna and Gavin... Huge tears welled in his eyes as Aldin ran off to see Aria- kitty! "Aria-mommy..." He said, using that reference to mean he cherished Aria deeply as a mother figure, even if she hadn't adopted him physically! "Help.. Aria.." He sniffed, trying to tug out of Chastianna's arms... he wanted to run after Aldin to see what was happening! Nyla walked over to Blake and her sisters, looking out wards towards the clearing, wondering what had taken place, but she was too little to walk or even run that far.

Aria dangled helplessly from Cain's leg until Aldin arrived. She sensed Caden's magic flowing through her, like a warm blanket after being so ruthlessly beaten. She wanted to wake up and assure Aldin she was okay... but that would be a lie. Her mental/emotional state wasn't in a good place, despite being healed- which she was thankful and silently thanked them all for helping her.. But. . .Aria felt lower than it was possible for anyone to feel that day. How could her parents have done that to her when she'd literally had the best intentions and had only wanted to seek some sort of closure. . .an assurance that she hadn't disappointed them..... God how stupid was she?! She felt like she'd failed Aldin too....

Marianna was trying to tug some of the non-arsenic tipped arrows out of her friend's wings and legs. He shook his head at her... <Cain... stop, you need healing too.> She told him grimly. He rose an eye at her and then shook himself off, arrows falling out of his body like rain drops. <Pfff. They didn't hurt. I've got dragon healers at the cave, same as you have healers here... Take care, Marianna. I wish I could say that was the last evil man on Malthen Ana... but there's just no telling anymore. I'll return later if you need anything.> He said, then flew away, unable to stand the level of sadness in Aldin's heart.

Xavier was trying to deal with a million things and having women wander off alone and put themselves in harms way was starting to piss him off. Didn't they realize he had responsibilities to tend to? Didn't they realize there were fifteen children with no parents in the palace that needed to find suitable parents and homes? Had they no clue that the king was about at the end of his rope and ready to step down? Mental sigh, no of course they didn't. Those were his crosses and he knew it. Still, the next woman who got a burr up her ass had him to deal with and ti wouldn't be a pretty thing.

Rook thought about going to the dining room and shook his head, "I better wait here..." he said as he sank back onto the bed. His legs weren't feeling strong and that seemed a million miles away to him at the moment. "I'm sorry love..."

Chastianna held Mickey close, "Shhhh little one...they are helping her. When I see she's ok we can go check on her ok?" she said to him soothingly. But Mickey was having none of it squirming and kicking so she finally started to move toward Cain as slowly as she could to show him they were headed toward Aria. "There she is...see..." she said.

Aldin scooped her up into his lap and held her and whispered to her quietly, "don't leave me Aria..." he said as he stroked her hair and kissed her face. He should have realized she was doing something she shouldn't ahve from her odd behavior. he should have followed her, or stopped her. he was the most worthless protector ever born. Nothing like these other men. he hadn't been able to do ANYTHING to save her, find her or bring her back. He felt about as low as a man could feel right then, but if she didn't wake up...he'd likely crawl into some hole and disappear...he couldn't face being left again.

Xavier went over to Marianna and slipped his arm around her, "He will be fine...he's right...his healers will do a much better job than ours." he watched Aldin with Aria and hoped the girl put him out of his misery soon.

• Love
Reactions: Maggie
Marianna sensed his anger and wrapped her own arms around his waist, one hand gently stroking his hair. "Decisions aren't all black and white, sweetheart. Aria is the result of two evil people who brainwashed her and left her to die alone in their house...then found out they hadnt succeeded and knew exactly how to lure her back. Shes innocent, Xavier...and definitely wont be too trusting again...lets go see if we can help King Jorga or Theresa with something, shall we?" she suggested, trying to take his mind off his anger and stress levels.

"Okay Rook, Ill be right back." Shed told him, then finished making them some lunch. She brought it up on a silver tray, and handed Rook the tray, since the soup and sandwiches would be fairly hot. She had forgotten drinks, so she carefully set her food on the bed, so they could simp!y eat and she would take care of dishes afterwards. "Careful hon...hot soup as requested." she told him, eating a sandwich while hers cooled down.

Theresa finally felt more refreshed and energetic again as the noon sun rose higher. Dark dreams had filled most of her mind though, about Aria, Aldin, even Cain and Marianna...and ever growing tension and worry was unraveling Xaviers sense of usually calm demeanor. She sighed...of course Xavier had so much on his shoulders,...she understood that better than a lot of people. "Jorga...I fear Xavier is very worried and something has put him in a bit of a bad temper, perhaps you should talk to him. We could always have our carriage ride and picnic when things aren't so hectic...I could start on supper, I feel much more refreshed." she offered, kissing his cheek to encourage him to wake up.

Mickey raced as fast as his tiny but surprisingly sturdy legs could carry him, just as Cain flew away, and Xavier was glaring down at a recently healed Aria kitty and a crying Aldin....he walked over, not caring at all that he wad not supposed to be out here. He tugged on Aldins sleeve, then plopped right against Arias lap, holding her as Aldin held her too...she HAD to wake up soon....he was not losing a second set of parents!

Aria felt tiny arms, along with longer ones, holding her as she fought off the rest of the paralyzing poison. She felt tears from both of them and that made her sadder....people...would miss her?! She felt strange...oddly out of place yet held together by two people who genuinely did not want to see her dead. Her soul was crying, even if she couldn't. She found a way out of the black void her parents and Edgar had sent her to, and found strength to finally open her eyes again. She felt stiff, sore, but no longer bleeding or whipped. She burrowed her head against Aldins shoulder first, letting him know she was alive, awake, and so terribly sorry shed caused so much trouble. She hoped Xavier could feel that part. Words were going to take a moment to work through, but she tried them...her voice, from dehydration and screaming, felt weak. "Aldin...Mickey....Im...ok..." she drew out, hugging Mickey as he too let out his grief and loss. .. shw stared at Xavier and Caden. "Thank you both....im sorry. For going there alone." she had no strength left then, and simply held her TRUE family in her arms. Acknowledging that her parents died never loving her was hard, but definitely knew shed make it through life a little easier, and definitely more cautious, just with Aldin and Mickey by her side.

Gavin counted heads of the children, making sure he knew where everyone was. Cora wandered a bit to the woods, near but not close to or by any of the other kids. Her whole life was spent in being neglected and left to wander alone. Sometimes she tried to get along with others, but she was often kicked or shoved until she left everyone alone. Gods forbid she could ever even make ONE friend. She hadn't mourned her dead parents either...theyd both gone to great lengths to stay far away from her...so when she learned of their deaths by poachers a cold numbness had gripped her, and had not released its hold on her heart for a moment. She struggled to stay with the mass of kids running and laughing, her long dark hair hid the fact she didnt ever smile, and she felt no need to pretend or humor anyone to believe she was having a swell time. This was just outside time to her. Playing looked stupid, so she wandered over to a far off place, isolating herself in a tall tree branch. Shed always been a thin, lean child, with hallow looking dark blue eyes with flecks of silver. She had powers mostly like Xaviers, but nothing too ceazy like controlling people! How awesome would that be...she thought, wistfully. Her power could be a weapon though, someday when shed gotten taller, more educated and colder. She knew where everyone was for instance, in and out of the palace. She could read minds, but that was yucky and she hated it. Shed no idea how the big guard could keep his sanity on all that echoing, stupid noise..ugh! She also had a really strong affinity for fire! Heh..and people thought dragons were scary....pleease! she yawned, stared over at Chastianna and Gavin, then took a nap up in the tall branch! No one would look for her anyway, and she stayed right where she was, letting weariness creep up on her a bit.

Laurana hated being cooped up in bed all day, when there were so many kids outside playing happily. She sighed, then looked at herself in the mirror. That laugh shed gotten from Xaviers comment on leashing females had brought color to her gaunt cheeks again, but now she was pale as snow, and far too thin, despite her growing middle. She didn't know how to get the baby to stop freezing her inside and out. She missed being useful and freedom of activity...Caden did his best to keep her healthy, and she managed to keep her meals down, but her reserves were being used up by the bavy at an alarming rate. Truthfully, she wondered how she was going to survive this pregnancy...but she was trying her best.

Xavier looked down at Marianna, "I know." Was all he said. Oh he was totally aware that nothing was done of malice or to intentionally make his life crazy, but somehow it seemed to always end up that way. Normally he accepted this as part of his job, but lately things seemed to be magnified by 1000 for no reason."I just want people to THINK before they do things..heaven forbid they SPEAK to someone first...get a bit of advice...anything..." He sighed and rubbed his hand over the back of his neck. "sorry...too much going on at once...I'm on edge." He looked up at the sky to gauge the time, "HMmm...he might have surfaced by now...it's not a sure thing though..."

Rook sat on the bed feeling worse than he ever remembered feeling in his life. Yes, his mother had cast that spell on him before, but she always stopped it before it got as far as it had gotten today. His aunt had intended to kill him with that spell, not hurt him or control him. Kill him. She'd come very close. Claire returned and he smiled at the sight of the steam coming off the bowl of soup and the sandwiches. "Oh that looks amazing...thank you." He said and then chuckled a bit at her comment about it being hot. "Claire love....I am a dragon...I breathe fire out of my mouth...it can never be too hot...not even in human form."

Aldin felt Mickey and scooped him up onto Aria's lap and helped him stay there. "You are strong," he whispered, "I know you can fight this off...Mickey is here...we miss you..."

Chastianna saw Mickey was safely in Aldin's arms so she returned to Gavin and the other children. She slipped her arms around Gavin's waist and hugged him, "I love you!" she said feeling the need to tell him and show him how deeply she felt it in the wake of what she'd just witnessed. "Poor Aldin is practically begging Aria to wake up...and so is Mickey. I want to find King Jorga and have him sign those papers as soon as possible. I don't want anything to happen to those children before we can claim them."

Caden finally stood and slowly made his way back into the palace. He knew as soon as he was touching lauranna again his core would recharge at light speed and he'd be fine, but right then those stairs to get up to their room loomed before him like the Himalayas. grabbing onto the railing he slowly climbed back up and almost staggered back to their room. he stood at the door for a few seconds collecting himself so he would be able to walk normally over to her and maybe she wouldn't worry. He opened the door and plastered a huge smile on his face, "I'm back as promised." he said and beelined for the bed and slid in next to her. He felt her body and frowned, "She's being a pest today isn't she?" he said and as being with her flared his core to life he filled her with healing and sent calming energy to the baby. he kissed her, "I think Aldin has finally moved on from Serena...he was weeping over Aria..."

Jorga looked at Theresa, "No...we are not going to postpone our picnic. It won't take long to speak with Xavier...and you are not going into that kitchen today. No no no." he was wagging a finger at her playfully. "Seriously...there is always going to be a million things going one. You know that as well as I do. I am putting my royal foot down. Today is our day. No one is going to ruin it, not even us."

• Love
Marianna smiled gently, understanding a bit of his frustration and annoyance. She rubbed the back of his neck. "Agreed. People would get into a lot less danger if they did open up more... but it's sometimes.. not so easy to open up, when you're not a social person." She added, then lead him to the kitchen area. "We'll probably run into King Jorga and Theresa before too long... We should definitely eat something though. I feel like breakfast was hours ago." She said, knowing Aldin would be able to carry Aria somewhere safe, and Mickey was not leaving his new parents any time soon.

Claire smiled as Rook told her nothing could burn him! She on the other hand was pretty burnable! She let her soup cool down a bit more before she ate a few spoonfuls. So amazing. Theresa's cooking was always the best. "Good point. So lucky that way. I burn my tongue even if coffee is too hot." She shrugged, munching another sandwich as she leaned her head on Rook's shoulder, lightly, careful not to jar him. "I am sure we'll be okay, Rook. If you need extra healing, maybe Caden or someone can help that faster." She added, trying not to worry about him; but it was just impossible. She hated his mother for trying to destroy him like that. She almost hoped the sisters would be completely gone some day. She certainly saw no benefits of them living around Malthen Ana!

Aria smiled slightly through frozen tears. "I missed..you guys too..." She said, staying perfectly still. She didn't trust her limb movements yet, though Caden had been amazing in his healing. She felt like sleep and maybe a good cold drink would take care of the other issues. But she was in no hurry. She didn't ever want to leave Aldin's side, and Mickey had pretty much claimed her as his adopted mother. It was so sweet she knew she would not mind taking care of him as well. It would help keep the dark memories away. Her parents would not ruin her life anymore. She would free herself from their horrific brain washing and accept the fact she was just a shifter. Aria nuzzled Aldin's neck, gently..."Want.. to go back.. to.. our room... bring Mickey please... " She added, feeling a little exhaustion creep in. She hugged Mickey, assuring him that his Aria-kitty was going to make it just fine...~

Gavin grinned and turned around so he could kiss Chastianna back! "Poor girl. Her parents sold Aria out to one of the meanest men in town. Jeez I hope they'll be okay.. I hope no more evil keep popping up because I'm fairly ready to punch a jerk in the nose if I need to." He admitted, leaning his head on her shoulder. It felt great, watching kids play, but he wanted to be assured that this was still a safe environment for everyone.

Laurana cuddled Caden as he slid into bed, exhausted! Her core immediately healed him as he tried to heal her. "It's been rough." She admitted, shivering again. "I wonder if the baby just doesn't know how to turn off her ice power." She added, leaning her head on Caden's chest. She felt like ice -all- the time now. No matter how many blankets, or how hot the fire in their room was burning. She did not get any reprieve. "I am very happy Aldin's realizing his true love is Aria.. it took him a while... but even though tragedy is horrible, it sometimes does bring two people closer together, and more sure of eachother than before." She surmised, grateful nothing had been happening to them since her pregnancy! She could hardly defend herself in the state she was currently in.~

Theresa couldn't help a tiny giggle as she heard Jorga say she was still forbidden to even enter the kitchen! She made a mock stern face of her own, her eyes sparkling. "Very well then.. I will shower while you speak with Xavier and then we shall go on our picnic and carriage ride... Question though... Shall we both pack our picnic basket?" She asked him, kissing his lips gently. He always made her feel so lucky and cherished.

Xavier went with ehr to the kitchen and nodded, "I know but it would make my life a lot easier if they tried at least." He plopped down onto a stool and then chuckled a bit, "this is definitely the place to wait for them. Jorga does love..."

Jorga appeared with Theresa to prepare their picnic, "Jorga does love what?"

"His food.." Xavier said with a bit of a smirk at the man.

Jorga had his arm around Theresa's waist, "We have come to prepare a picnic...I am taking the day off...and so are you." he said shooing Xavier away. "And don't try to tell me you don't need it. I can see that vein in your neck. Go set some sun and have fun." he looked at Marianna, "You...make him do it..." He was waving a hand at them both, not willing to listen to a thing Xavier had been about to tell him. No one was going to ruin this day for them.

Xavier blinked and stood up holding out his hand to Marianna. He said not one word as they left the kitchen, but he did grab a plate full of food as he did. He walked with her to his room and set the platter on the table and then sat down. "That was the damnedst thing he's ever done...Theresa is good for him."

Rook nodded, "I find it has advantages for sure." he agreed. "I will heal Love...I am healing bit by bit. I think at times healing slowly is a good thing. It allows you to reflect and realize how fragile life can be." he took her hand, "And it makes you appreciate people more...I don't mind being shut up with your for a while." he smiled giving her hand a squeeze. "We will be fine...we have a long life ahead..."

Aldin struggled to get to his feet with both of them but he did it. He carried her down the stairs with Mickey on her chest. The little guy had a hold of her hair and he was not letting go. "Mama Aria Kitty..." He said softly as his little eyes started to close. The worry and crying and stress had worn the little tyke out. By the time Aldin got to the bottom of the stairs Mickey was out like a light. He looked over at Ellisar and Irena, "Have you two been down here all morning?" he asked.

Ellisar looked up and saw Aldin carrying Aria and frowned, "All morning? Is it noon already?" he looked at Irena, "I am so sorry...we missed breakfast." And then back at the other two, "What happened to Aria? And who is that?" he asked about the baby.

Aldin shook his head, "Aria is fine now...but she had a rough morning and this is Mickey...he's our son...he kind of adopted us."

Ellisar's eyes were wide as saucers, "Adopted YOU? I thought that was supposed to work the other way round?"

Aldin chuckled, "Well...this time it didn't. He's a sweet little guy and we love him. There are a lot of kids up there that need love...you two should go up and meet them. They are wonderful..." He smiled and then left them to go into his room with his family. His family...that felt good to say and feel. he shut the door behind him and laid Aria on the bed with Mickey. "Rest Sweetie...I'm going to make a bed for Mickey to sleep in..."

Ellisar looked at Irena, "You must be hungry...let's go get some food and then we can finish your bed."

Chastianna frowned, "How could anyone do that to their own flesh and blood?" she asked, "I couldn't do it to any of these children and they aren't even mine...well some of them are but not all." She rolled her eyes, "you know what I mean..."

Caden nodded and pulled his shirt off so she could cuddle against his warm flesh. "I think that is the problem exactly. I calm her and she stops for a bit but it comes right back once she's awake again. Hopefully nothing will call me away for a bit and you can actually get warm while I'm here to keep her calm." He kissed Lauden's little head and smiled, "He's so prefect Baby...you did a good job..." He was so stupidly proud of his little family he could hardly contain it. He was glad none of the drama had touched them directly as well. They had enough going on with keeping this baby and Lauranna alive without other problems intruding into their lives. "I love you...both of you so much."

• Love
Theresa greeted Marianna who was also surprised, but amused by these orders! "Will do, King Jorga. Anything else can wait." She agreed, greeting Theresa good afternoon as well. She ate her lunch, and washed her own dishes without a problem, then gave Jorga and Theresa all the space they needed for their preparations. She tugged Xavier outside once he was finished. "Come on.. I bet you haven't spoken with any of the kids yet.. Who knows, maybe one of them has your talents.. or something similar?" She shrugged. Anything was possible. She'd no idea that Cora was right now staring at the both of them with something of an amused twinkle, as if she'd heard every word from high in the tree! Yawning, she slithered down easily and wandered off, bored without fun things to do like everyone else.

Theresa packed them a few tuppeware containers of stew, grilled cheese sandwiches in plastic bags, bags of fruits and veggies, and a few remaining slices of pie for deserts! "There. Our basket should be plenty full now.." She told him, straightening as she closed the fridge door. She did manage to remember to take a few bottles of water. "Now... how to set up the carriage ride?" She asked him. She was glad she'd dressed in a casual out fit- Peach colored shirt and blue jeans and regular sneakers/ socks. Her hair she'd brushed and tied in a pony tail to keep it out of her way. She was definitely looking forward to this fun day!

Claire smiled more and relaxed as she knew Rook was right... They just needed time and plenty of good things to look forward to. She loved Rook, and would do her best to help him recover, and give him as much encouragement as he needed. When lunch was finished, she took care of the dishes in the sink and put everything away neatly, managing to hightail it back upstairs before Jorga and Theresa noticed her. No way was she going to ruin their fun outing either! She grinned as she cuddled Rook again. "I have not seen my dad happier with Theresa than they are right now... it is so adorable..." She told him, glad her father had found happiness.

Aria smiled a bit more as Mickey held onto her tightly, his small head resting on her shoulder. She waved a little to Ellisar and Irena.. "The kids... are all ... great... need homes so badly... Don't mind taking in Mickey at all.." Her speech was still slow, but she would recover.. with time. She slept deeply on the bed once Aldin lied her on it. Her heart still hurt.. From so much betrayal in one life time... but she was grateful too.~

Irena was really shocked at Aria's condition.. "Aldin-how bad was it?" She asked him, helping him make a bed for Mickey as well. She smiled and kissed Ellisar though. "Bed can wait a while... We'll definitely have lunch soon. I promise." She assured him. She'd gotten closer to him over time and was pretty happy with this easy-going, highly intelligent guy.

Gavin hugged her.. "People are just vicious, Chastianna... Sometimes having kids does not make someone a parent. In fact, some people should never have kids, ever.." He said, frowning a bit. "But look... all these kids? I am positive will have better lives.. " he assured her, kissing her gently.

Lauranna melted into Caden's embrace.. She would love a few hours... days of nothing interrupting them as well! If only to calm down the baby girl a while and teach her to not use so much ice on mom! She chuckled. "Thanks honey.. Love you too... You need to rest too hon... you've been through a lot these past weeks..." She said, tousseling his dark hair a bit...