Prolific Ads

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by DinoFeather, Mar 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Resolved. Skype is probably to blame.
    #1 DinoFeather, Mar 4, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  2. Considering Iwaku doesn't host off site adds it can't be the site causing it o.o
  3. I didn't think it did-- but I have no idea why this is happening.
  4. You most definitely have a virus or spyware on your computer. O_O And it sounds like it's a really bad one that your scanner isn't picking up. (Because we literally have ZERO ad scripts or software on the site!)

Which program are you currently using? I tend to have a stash of multiple programs, cause sometimes you'll get that one asshole that your fav program won't pickup, but one of the others will. @.@

I like:

Microsoft Malwarebytes
    Spybot Search and Destroy
    Avira Anti-Virus
    And many people say Avast is really good too.

And if they still don't get it, you might have to google the specific ads that are popping up with a combo of "adname spyware" or "adfilename virus", and you'll usually get a directions of how to track down the spyware file on your computer and delete it.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Thought that was the case but wasn't sure because they already did virus scans. That's good to know :)
  6. Well, that's what I thought, but no scans (even in safe mode) turned anything up. I did all of those and still found nothing-- not even in the registry. (I actually checked the script on the site, too. Used to work on computers, being why this was such an odd thing to me-- none of my tools turned anything up.) I didn't think that there were ads here, but whatever the cause, it has since stopped. (Avast is okay. I prefer JRT, ADW Cleaner, and Malwarebytes.)

I did have Skype running at the time, and I think it may have been an issue with that-- as, since I have uninstalled it, I have not had the issues. If I find out more, I will update.
  7. That is weird. D: Let us know if you figure it out, cause it's handy to be able to tell others if they encounter the same issues
  8. I will-- though I've been having some issues with Skype on my computer in general.

No idea, but the problem is solved. For now. .__.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.