Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
low/high fantasy, medieval fantasy, historical fantasy, sci-fi, cyberpunk, solarpunk, grimdark, gothic-horror, supernatural themes, limited fandoms, adventure
Resolved. Skype is probably to blame.

Last edited:
Considering Iwaku doesn't host off site adds it can't be the site causing it o.o

I didn't think it did-- but I have no idea why this is happening.

You most definitely have a virus or spyware on your computer. O_O And it sounds like it's a really bad one that your scanner isn't picking up. (Because we literally have ZERO ad scripts or software on the site!)

Which program are you currently using? I tend to have a stash of multiple programs, cause sometimes you'll get that one asshole that your fav program won't pickup, but one of the others will. @.@

I like:

Microsoft Malwarebytes
Spybot Search and Destroy
Avira Anti-Virus
And many people say Avast is really good too.

And if they still don't get it, you might have to google the specific ads that are popping up with a combo of "adname spyware" or "adfilename virus", and you'll usually get a directions of how to track down the spyware file on your computer and delete it.

Thought that was the case but wasn't sure because they already did virus scans. That's good to know :)

You most definitely have a virus or spyware on your computer. O_O And it sounds like it's a really bad one that your scanner isn't picking up. (Because we literally have ZERO ad scripts or software on the site!)

Which program are you currently using? I tend to have a stash of multiple programs, cause sometimes you'll get that one asshole that your fav program won't pickup, but one of the others will. @.@

I like:

Microsoft Malwarebytes
Spybot Search and Destroy
Avira Anti-Virus
And many people say Avast is really good too.

And if they still don't get it, you might have to google the specific ads that are popping up with a combo of "adname spyware" or "adfilename virus", and you'll usually get a directions of how to track down the spyware file on your computer and delete it.
Well, that's what I thought, but no scans (even in safe mode) turned anything up. I did all of those and still found nothing-- not even in the registry. (I actually checked the script on the site, too. Used to work on computers, being why this was such an odd thing to me-- none of my tools turned anything up.) I didn't think that there were ads here, but whatever the cause, it has since stopped. (Avast is okay. I prefer JRT, ADW Cleaner, and Malwarebytes.)

I did have Skype running at the time, and I think it may have been an issue with that-- as, since I have uninstalled it, I have not had the issues. If I find out more, I will update.

I did have Skype running at the time, and I think it may have been an issue with that-- as, since I have uninstalled it, I have not had the issues. If I find out more, I will update.

That is weird. D: Let us know if you figure it out, cause it's handy to be able to tell others if they encounter the same issues

I will-- though I've been having some issues with Skype on my computer in general.

No idea, but the problem is solved. For now. .__.

Status
Not open for further replies.