Project: Void (a futuristic tale of an wonderment of the mind)

PhantomThief715

Hell's Harem King
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
Online Availability
Week days I work from 6pm - 11pm and weekends are unpredictable.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Transgender
  4. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
I'll play them all if I like the plot but I go for mainly fantasy and magical. I like anything that wouldn't happen to you in everyday life. I mean if you can live it why role play it.
The year is 2067, Whittingham Asylum stands as one of the best kept secrets this side of America has come to know. A place for the wicked, insane, and troubled. And a place for the trapped.
148 years prior, Whittingham doctors came across a mechanical wonderment of the ages. A machine that let them delve into the minds of their patients - delve without consent.

The truly insane had no space to argue, trapped in their own minds, only able to scream and struggle as their frail bodies were dragged through a dimly lit hallway, into a room with a giant metal monster, a contraption of their nightmares.

One by one, these selected patients were strapped down to a cold steel table, strung up to hundreds of small little wires, poked and prodded in every single area imaginable, and restrained so that the illegal works of these doctors could commence.

Due to the age of machinery not being nearly as advanced as it was this very day (2067), most of the patients were instantly electrocuted and killed on the table; though, some survived.

The Whittingham doctors and respective state authorities were thrilled with the results, finding that these patients were reading stats of comatose individuals, with completely functioning brains, being the year was 1919, this was an astonishing jump in science! An astonishing jump that had to be kept secret, due to the immoral activities that were occurring behind closed doors. The goal of these experiments were to see if patients could fall into a comatose-like state, and show what they were experiencing while in such a state, this was of course, only a goal.

After test subject #23 succeeded so brilliantly, Whittingham; along with the support of the countries top ranking officials, authorized something known to this day as "Project: Void", a top secret experiment. Excitement spread through the minds of all. The Doctors in-charge of Whittingham's "Project: Void" expecting the next batch of individuals to succeed just as well, only to be thoroughly disappointed when not only the second group passed on the table, but the third, fourth, fifth, and sixth. 78 candidates in totalafter the first 22, laid waste on a chilled metal table, all for the hope of achieving "Project: Void".

The 78th Whittingham patient death marked an end to "Project: Void", state officials deeming that it wasn't worth the loss of life, and thus, the project was put to rest, files locked away for near 200 years.

2067, Project Void has been restarted...
Do you have what it takes?

I guess no takers xD

What exactly will we be doing in this RP?
Well you could play a person with mental issues or a researcher. Basically they would restart the research taking head on the any issues they run into along the way.

Reactions: Ur Degaton
I just want to say that this is an amazing and super original concept! I'm sorry to say I can't join due to time and life constraints, but I'd like you to know that this is a great idea.

Reactions: PhantomThief715
I just want to say that this is an amazing and super original concept! I'm sorry to say I can't join due to time and life constraints, but I'd like you to know that this is a great idea.
Thank you! ^-^