Project PK Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
"They'll start searching sooner or later." Erinn sighed and stopped messing with the bed. "I would guess that they have already been searching for a month now at least." She pulled on the shirt she had borrowed. She shifted a bit, feeling nervous. He was going to make her leave. She edged toward the bed, not wanting to leave. He was so nice.

"B-but... they'll never find you here." Lee replied. "I mean, my house is so random... why would they ever search here? Besides this is pretty far away from where the lab was..." He wanted to assure himself that he wasn't in any danger, and that harboring Erinn was the right decision. Even if he was in danger, it would still be the right thing to do. He couldn't just send a poor girl out onto the streets to be captured by her past torturers because he was worried about himself. That was not the way he was raised - not how he was.

"They'll search everywhere for me." Erinn said. She moved a bit toward the door. "I should leave. I don't want to bother you anymore." She started to walk toward the door. She would grab her dress, give him his clothes back, and leave. She was putting him in danger. Her eyes flickered black, the door starting to open slightly.

"N-no! You can't leave!" Lee wasn't yelling - he was pleading, begging her to stay. "Please... I was so lonely before you came. I just... I really want you to stay. Erinn please..." She had already come into his life. She had already changed it. Already taught him so much. Now he didn't think he could bear her disappearing, leaving his life forever, and for his life to go back to normal, back to boring and completely aimless.

He realize he would rather be hurt harboring Erinn, even killed, than continue his life of complete mediocrity. His soul was too adventurous and ambitious to let her go.

Erinn looked back at him. "I don't want someone as nice as you to get hurt." She said. She wanted to stay. She wanted to stay with him. She couldn't though. Her eyes flicked different colors, but the chain kept her from doing anything. She pulled on the chain, burning her fingers lightly. Her wrist looked like she was going to bleed. She pulled on the chain, her wrist growing redder.

"I don't care if I get hurt. If I get hurt at least it's for a good reason. If you leave and I get hit by a car tomorrow I'll die alone. If they come for you here... at least it'll be the two of us." Lee was still trying to reason with Erinn, convince her that her staying was the right thing for both of them, when he saw her that her chain was practically melting the skin off her wrist, burning her fingers when she pulled at it.

"You've gotta take that chain off..." He knew it wasn't a good idea, that Erinn could lose control of her powers at any moment and cause chaos, but he was so horrified and disgusted by the damage it was doing to her that he couldn't just let her continue to wear the chain. Suddenly he had a thought. "You can't leave this house with that chain. It's mine. But you can't go out in the world without it or your powers will wreak havoc."

He didn't know if it would work, but he thought it was logic that would appeal to Erinn. Like himself, she was the kind of person who didn't want to be a bother to anyone, didn't want to be the reason that anyone was hurt or upset. If she thought she was stealing from him by leaving with the chain, then she wouldn't do it, but if she thought the chain was the only thing stopping her from hurting people - well then she'd have to stay in his house and wear it. Lee thought he could get her to take the chain off later, so that her wrist wouldn't be corroded through, but at the very least he had to keep her in the house, where he could help her.

Erinn looked up at him, her eyes settling back to their colorless state. She bit her lip, not wanting to admit that he had a point. She couldn't leave with the chain. It was his and she didn't plan on becoming a thief. If she didn't have it though... She pulled on it once more and sighed. "Fine. I'll stay." She conceded quietly. Letting go of the chain, she lowered her head.

This could be her chance, she thought. Her chance at a new life. Maybe this boy could help her. She doubted it, but a small part of her mind urged her to trust him. She looked to him, wondering what to do next. What would happen? Would she finally find someone who could be her, dare she say it, her family? Or even maybe a partner. She blushed slightly at the thought. No, no one would want to be partners with a freak like her.

Status
Not open for further replies.