Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DurkPut

Original poster
Premise
Society has evolved. While technology has advanced the world too, has with it. As of the 1980s children had started to be born with extraordinary abilities. No one is sure what spurred this sudden evolution, if you'd call it that, but the possibilities for the Human race had opened exponentially since then. What could they achieve with such powers like being able to take to the skies on wings or even altering reality at the mind's whim? As expected, as these new super powered children grew up they got into mischief with their powers, but the world was confident with the right guidance they could become the pillars of a new world.

How they were wrong.

Once they turned eighteen many lost their abilities while the most powerful prevailed into adulthood, many using them to cause chaos and bring ruin. With people in a state of panic the various governments around the world acted together to stop them before things took a bigger turn for the worse, though no one is sure if they killed them or simply trapped them away in a lab for testing. Nonetheless, there was still a remaining threat to deal with; the new children being born every day and those under the age of eighteen. They couldn't very well give them the same treatment just because their older counterparts had committed crimes. Quickly and swiftly, scientists came forth with a device that would prevent them from using their powers. From then on when a child was born before they even have a moment to experience what abilities they have they given special collars that nullified their powers until they became of age and lost them forever. Some go their whole lives never knowing what abilities they possess while others attempt to use them in secret, only to be arrested and detained for their crimes.

Society has told them their powers are a curse and if they were allowed to use them the world would surely fall into ruins. The collars they wear keep them safe and prevent them from causing harm to those they hold dear. Though outwardly the youth believed it, deep down they wanted nothing more than to use the powers they were gifted with, not cursed. They quietly cursed the adults for the most part, only normal delinquent youths questioning them before being whisked away and never seen again until one day a resistance called The Children of the New World (or CNW) made their mark on Japan. They broadcasted their message across the country to all that they intended to liberate themselves and anyone who stood with them to create a society where they ruled the world and weren't taught to fear their potential. In waves children left their homes to join the group, causing riots and destruction in their wake. The government was thrown into a spiral, unsure of how they could deal with this new threat. They were terrorists at best but also children; children with powers. How could they combat that?

From then on thing only began to get worse as CNW began to unleash vicious attacks on the city where they had made their base, Tokyo, threatening the rest of Japan that they were next. The government tried to quell them but to no avail, they were too coordinated and much too powerful. As a last resort after being met with failure after failure, they came up with a final solution to take down the group once and for all.

They called it Project P.

By looking through school records, they scouted students with talent and powerful abilities to work as agents to help them take down CNW once and for all with a promise to those who agreed to aid them: Those who did would become exempt from the anti-power laws, allowing them to use them freely and with no restraint. At a first glance it may sound like a dream come true but most is not all of them wouldn't even have the slightest clue what their powers are, much less how to control them. Could this plan really go off without a hitch? Are they even willing to help the government that put these restrains on them in the first place? Only time will tell how this story ends.

9c9d87721b1b4fc0b0a27bdf13026aba.png

Introduction
Heyo, Welcome to Project P! It's an intermediate action adventure role play which I hope will have at least a cast of about five characters, including my own. My goal is for the characters to develop deep connections and to question your personal morality vs. society's set rules. Quite a few things will be decided by random chance, as I was inspired by the system of another roleplay group (*cough* NEXT *cough*) and it seemed like a wonderful way to go about things. We would like to challenge you adapt to the situations presented to you and learn to understand what you are and aren't capable of. Teamwork will be key to seeing things to the end.
I hope you can have a fun time RPing!

Guidelines and Rules:
  • You are only allowed to have one character.

• Post rate expect is at least one post per week; as for length all that is required is one paragraph however I strongly encourage you write more.

• This RP (obviously) involves your character having super powers. Instead of you deciding your own they will be decided randomly by a dice roll. If you are unhappy with your first roll and what power you get with it let me know and I will let you do one reroll. Be mindful of this as your second roll will be your power. You will not get to decide between your first and second. You will be stuck with it forever. Think of what you can do with your powers before you decide to reroll to prevent disappointment!

• With you powers I urge you to be as creative with them as possible, but please be mindful not to powerplay! Some will be inherently much more powerful than others so please take it into regard. If I find you keep doing this I may either revoke your character's powers and replace them with something else or ask you to leave the RP entirely.

• I will be making a discord server to go along with the RP where I will be most active in conversation and communication. It's not mandatory but I will not be making any other form of OOC chat.

• If you have any suggestions for the story don't hesitate to send me a message about it! I would love all of us to contribute to the story in one way or the other.

For now I will have a short info blurb for you to fill out along with some dice rolls needed to sort out your character's powers. Once this is done and some people have expressed interest I will PM you character sheets to fill out!
Character Name:

Please include your 2 dice rolls (16d) here! If you need help on how to do them I urge you to look at this FAQ on the matter.

if you have any further questions don't be shy, ask!

My character, and also an example if you need it!

Character Name:
Miya Suzume

Status
Not open for further replies.