Project Genesis - Episode Two: Enter the 00's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dayne and Tobias looked at Jerek in silence, and in the background behind them the giant screens of the Tower of Solon flickered, images of the swamp appearing and then cutting out as Heydrich ambushed the surveillance drones.

Dayne glanced at the Tower, then back at the High Priest, his face a perfectly crafted play of empathy and pathos.

"Oh dear... what has he done?" the Minister whispered.

Tobias hands came to his head, running through his hair as he watched the Tower. "What's happening, Dayne?"

"It seems, your Emminence, that my good friend Charles Grazer has made a terrible mistake. Oh dear..." he said again, the look of a man overwhelmed.

"Genesis is compromised! What the hell is the military doing? Where's our response?" shouted the High Priest, moving to his desk and lifting the phone. Cursing under his breath, the young ruler started flipping through a sheet of numbers, trying to find the correct ministries to contact.

"I'm sorry, Emminence... but as I said, they're still taking orders from the Old Guard. Grazer... he must be panicking. He's lost control."

Tobias slammed down the phone and turned. "WELL I WANT CONTROL BACK! We can't lose Genesis. Not now!"

Dayne seemed lost for words, his face a perfect mask. But then, slowly, realisation seemed to dawn. He turned his head, looking over at the kneeling form of Jerek. "Wait... wait.... Jerek, you have a team near Grazer's mansion, correct? On the training mission?"

Jerek lifted his head, his own deception flawless. "Yes, Minister. I have a full team of Nephilim Commandos. They are on a refresher course at present."

There was another brief pause and then Dayne crossed the office, gripping Tobias's shoulder with his mechanical hand. He leaned close, the air of a man trying to reassure his comrade in the middle of a crisis.

"Tobias..." he used the High Priest's name directly, "Remain calm. We can fix this. Jerek here is the best soldier in Semile - you have my word on that. Give us your blessing and his team can intercept Grazer. If he has lost control Jerek can restore it. Or we can simply support him to make the right decision and end this crisis. We'll organise the military response, reclaim the Tesla. There are Nephilim Response Units near the swamps. We'll get Genesis back. Please Tobias! We don't have much time! Let me handle this."

SUMMARY
Dayne uses the crisis to consolidate more power into his hands. He plays on Tobias's panic and begs the High Priest to give him and Jerek control of the military response to the terrorist attacks.

"I don't give one GODDAMN FUCK about who you are...But you are interrupting an important moment to me. I, kindly, impose that you do not try to do that again..."

Dr. Amy Sherriden didn't hide the look of shock on her face as the man stopped the bullet and destroyed her gun in a blink of her eyes. But her expression quickly changed from surprise to a cold annoyance as he spoke directly to Sahar. With a hand on the girl's shoulder, she was pulling her back and intending to leave with her.

The intention was short lived!

A sudden wave of water rushed it's way through the hall with such a force, it instantly swept the human forms away with the current. Amy grabbed on to Sahar as tight as she could hold her as the water carried them away.

In the fray, Rhiannion was struggling to keep her breath. Worse yet, as the waves of water were carrying others away she saw her targets getting dragged under! Sweeping the air by use of her power, she kept a bubble of oxygen around herself. Stretching out, she included her target - the young girl and the woman with her - and any others she managed to reach.

When the last of the water had flowed out of the Tesla, there were numerous forms laying scattered in the mud. Some alive, some dead. There was the click of guns as Rhiannon was pushing herself back up to her knees, coughing up excess water. Next to her was little girl and her guardian. Someone stopped, smirking down at the mud covered people.

"Good work, 06. You've captured Project Genesis."

END OF EPISODE 2

Summary: Dr. Amy was just about to lead Sahar away when Setem's big water-flooding swept them down the hall. Rhiannon uses her skill to keep herself and others from drowning. Everyone on that floor washes out of the Tesla. Brotherhood Bossman congratulates 06 on a job well done. Sahar and Dr. Amy are now in the possession of the Brotherhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.