Project Genesis - Episode Six: Peregrinus Laurifer

Status
Not open for further replies.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pVrpCVdk9Sw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pVrpCVdk9Sw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Near the Cathedral...

First it was excruciating pain as the flashbangs went off. SEAL training often involved flashbangs but nothing to this magnitude. No sooner had Lonestar, Steiner, and Willis regained their composure than the cyborgs started lobbing rockets their way.

"Move it, now!" Steiner shouted, dropping a smoke grenade on the way out. They moved across the hall, putting the entire building between themselves and the attackers.

------------------------------------------

USS Leyte Gulf (CG-55)...

"Cap'n we 'ad some trouble whit onna the pris'ners." the CMC said to Captain Soalewski as he walked into CIC. She turned in her seat to him.

"What sort of trouble?" she asked.

"'E tried ta make ae break fer it. Ah've go' 'im locked up inna paint locker."

"You rough him up any?" The CMC hesitated. "Master Chief, you had better-"

"'E broke 'is arm onna way." Soalewski looked to her XO.

"The slave traders won't take broken goods." he replied. "He's deadweight now."

-----------------------------------------------

Apartment Complex...

"No fire escape... What now?" Willis shouted at Steiner.

"Lonestar..."

"On it!" the sniper shouted as he started rapping his fist against a wall. He then backed up then plowed through the sheetrock, right into an elderly couple's living room.

"Sorry!" the Texan apologized as his compatriots followed him through, Steiner going to the bedroom window and opening it, accessing the fire escape.

"Let's move it! Back to the underground!"

--------------------------------------------

Jason lay on the deck, holding his broken arm and whimpering. He had heard the stories of the Norfolkian pirates and their brutality. He just never thought he'd experience it.

"Fookin' open it." someone said outside. Jason looked up as the water tight door opened, two Marines carrying M-14s walking in and picking him up off the deck. One of the pirates was dressed like a preist but not one Jason had ever seen. He wore a white robe with a cross in the center of the chest and had a brown book with the words 'Holy Bible' written on the cover.

"Yeah though I travel withing the shadow of the valley of death I shall not fear, for He is at my side..." the Chaplain started as the Marines carried Jason up the ladder well..

-------------------------------------------

Extraction Point
5 Miles from Drop Zone...

The SEALs kept their cover, weapons and eyes scanning the area for hostiles. The intel Heinrich had given was already en route to the Old Man, triple encrypted and slapped with a red 'TOP SECRET' label.

"You may have just averted serious NJP, Heinrich." Flak Jacket said to the MA as the beat of approaching rotor blades drew near.

"All I care about is getting out of this shit hole..." Heinrich replied as the SH-60B Sea Hawk touched down. Sledge and Flak Jacket established their perimeter as the crew chiefs jumped down to help the wounded aboard.

"Where's Senior?" Aldo asked as Sledge climbed aboard.

"Still in the city." the big man replied. "Get us back to Norfolk. Senior and Lonestar know how to take care of themselves. The unknown is Willis."

--------------------------------------------

Apartment Complex...

"Down, down!" Willis shouted to Steiner as Lonestar scrambled down the side of the fire escape, moving quicker than the other two men. Once he was street level he set up his perimeter until the other two SEALs joined him.

"We can't make it to the underground on foot..." Steiner snarled. He was right and they knew it. Despite this they carried on, moving through the alleys. They came to a street and were almost run down by an old van. Steiner pointed his M-60 at the driver and fire a round through the windshield, Lonestar and Willis moving towards it. Willis pulled the passenger's side door open and held up the C-4 belt.

"I've got six reasons you should cooperate with us and they all start with 'C-4.'" he said to the passenger as Steiner and Lonestar entered the back of the van, weapons drawn. It was then that they noticed the weapons.

"You're the rebels." Steiner remarked.

"And you're the sniper that stopped that machine." Yuri said to them, extending a hand.

"We can help you..."

----------------------------------------

The Marines dragged Jason out to the aft missile deck where two Boatswains Mates and the CMC were standing by one of the lifelines.

The lines had been removed.

"Have you any confessions you wish to make before we consign you to the depths?" the Chaplain asked. Jason spat at him. "Very well... I will pray for your heathen soul, in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit..."

"Amen..." a few of the Pirates said, the Boatswains Mates tying a heavy chain attached to a pair of 100 pound free weights to Jason.

"Give me regards ta Davy Jones." the CMC said as the Boatswains Mates heaved the weights over the side, Jason quickly slipping beneath the waves.

His days were done.

-------------------------------------------

(OOC)
-Steiner leads his team away from the cyborgs, running into one of Yuri's escape vans in the process.
-Heinrich, Sledge, and Flak Jacket are extracted via Sea Hawk.
-Jason, being 'damaged goods' is thrown overboard and consigned to the briny depths.
(/OOC)

Reactions: 1 person
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QbwkSJ4deN4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QbwkSJ4deN4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Musical Score: Facility - Goldeneye 64

30 MILES OFF THE SHORELINE - Nimitz Strike Group

View attachment 932

The Helicopter lowered itself onto the flight deck of the Supercarrier, and the crew cheifs again helped the wounded off the helicopter, Heinrich was the only one able to walk, and even that was msotly a hobble, and as such a a corpsman moved to his aid.

Heinrich looked to the control tower, and his eyes met those of the 'old man' and the MA felt as though bricks of lead had just been placed on his shoulders

"shit, Probably would have been better off with the cannibals" Heinrich muttered to himself as he was ushered into the superstructure.

Sahar’s eyes narrowed when Dayne said her name.

“Who the hell are you?” She demanded to know. “Don’t think that your little arm is something that I should fear.”

Sahar prepared to lift up her arm and snap Dayne’s neck then and there until she saw Eros lying unconscious on the ground. Maybe this human had some honor in him. Although a prominent figure in the world of politics, this was the first time that the Messiah and the Minister had ever encountered each other. This meeting of titans was a mixed affair. On one hand, Sahar was clearly unsure of how to deal with the Solomon threat. She had seen them defeat her kill with relative ease. One was dead, three wounded. All that remain unharmed where three: Ria, Altair and her.

However, not all was well for them…

“HE IS DEAD.
DEAD.
DEAD.
WE SHALL CLAIM THIS TWIN AS OUR OWN.”

Ada then clawed at the safety restraints that held her in place.[/color]

“YOU WILL NOT!” Ada’s voice then shouted out in defiance, “YOU RUINED MY LIFE.!

12 Years Earlier

“Tell me Adeline, what do you think of this?”

A young teen showed a drawing of a costal plane to his twin sister. It was a scene set near the village were they lived.

“Oh Abe…It’s decent.”

“Come children. You will no longer be living in such a filthy place.” Came the voice of a woman with ash blonde hair. She had a Cuban cigar in her mouth and wore a red tunic coat that made her look like some kind of figure on a Soviet propaganda poster.

“Who’s that?” Ada asked her brother.

“Well…” Abraham didn’t have the heart to tell his sister that their biological mother had sold them off to Nova Corps.

The woman then grabbed Ada by the arm, “Don’t worry such things child. You’re been selected from many twins. Your life will no longer be one of savage tribalism. You shall be educated and live the life of a proper woman.”

The Texans would later find their mother and kill her. They didn't take very well toward traitors. They had a similar code to the Norfolkians; though, instead of 'Maritime Justice' it's 'Martial Justice' for them.

Two years later

She had not had contact with her kin of the Texan tribe in over 23 months. Once again, Ada found herself being half drowned in a pool of icy cold water.

“Tell me child, what do you sense?” The woman in red said through an intercom system.”

“I am sense some other Homo Eximius here.” The images in her mind flashed around like a hazy fog. They had told her she could read minds of other Homo Eximius but she never wanted too. The mind was a private place, wasn’t it?

“An anger… I sense an anger. He, he wants revenge for what they did to his sister. It is happening right now…” Ada then closed her eyes.

“ARRRRRRRRRRRRRH!” Abraham screamed as he broke free from his cell. He was no longer the kind young man he was just two years earlier. The voices in his head told him to kill those that had harmed his sister.

The guards around him fled in terror, as he grabbed a man and ripped him in half a young man with dark brown hair appeared. This was a 16 year old Altair leading the Infinity Rebellion. Both he and Abraham were around the same age and both were on a mission.

“WE DO NOT LIKE YOU!” Abraham screamed. He then smack Altair in the head, sending the 00 flying to the around. Abraham then jumped up from the lower levels to the upper crossways. He continued to swipe and toss guards every which way. He was going to find his sister, his dear Ada.

The fate of that night would remain unknown to her. Ada awoke to find herself in the offices of Talbot Senior. He grinned at the 14 year old. “Don’t worry, you are save now. The rebellion didn’t reach you. That’s all that matters. From this day onwards, you will no longer be a part of Project Genesis.”

“YOU, BITCH! YOU RUINED MY LIFE!!!!!” Ada then screamed aloud. She didn’t care if Altair heard her. Ada then lunged forward as far as she could and purposely hit her head on the dash board of the airship.

She then fell unconscious.

A woman with ash blonde hair watched the screen go blank. “Well, well. It seems that my little puppet has failed me…Though this does intrigue me very much. Edward Talbot lied to me about the girl being dead.”

She then stamped out her cigar on the ashtray nearest to her computer terminal , “James, come bring me more wine. This game has just gotten a little more interesting.”

[Summary: Sahar questions Dayne to whom he is. The rest of the post focuses on Ada dealing with 02’s nanobots. She screams out against them trying to take over her body. The scene then flashes to various scatter memories, including her and her brother being taken away from home and her experiences being conditioned into the Genesis project without success because of the Infinity Rebellion. She later finds herself under the care of Edward Talbot, David’s father. Ada then returns to the present and knocks herself out. The scene then switches to the woman that took Ada and her brother, 02, away from home. She is not happy that Talbot Sr. had lied about Ada being dead.]

There he stood. A young man with white hair, with his blood dripping down his arm, dragging in deep breaths of air as the pain tore through him. He tilted his head to the side a bit to look at the man he'd met earlier, the one who seemed so worried about everyone else. He'd been through hell. Then he looked back at the Solomon Bot ... and grinned. It wasn't a normal grin. His lips pulled back to reveal teeth. It was less like a smile and more like a snarl.

"Guess it's just you and me, Sunshine. Heh, excuse me a bit." He tore off a piece of his coat and began to wind it against his wound. He made sure it was nice and secure.

The Solomon Bot, CARMOT, meanwhile, had picked up Zion's Homo Eximus gene, but searches into its files left it in the dark. Being an illegal 00, Zion had never had his powers studied. Hell, Nova Corps hadn't even known he existed.

"So you like to play with water, huh?" Zion was saying. He was fishing into his pocket for something and then pulled out his earphones. Once the earphones were in place, he was pulling something out of his pocket, his iPod. "Hm. I'm pretty sure I've got the right song in here ..." He started flipping through it. "Mm. This might take a little bit ... I better find the playlist or make sure I've got this thing on repeat."

CARMOT fired its laser at Zion the laser hit a chunk of rock. Zion was gone! He didn't seem to have noticed the Solomon Bot having taken a shot at him, either. But he was standing on an overturned pew, somehow balancing on one of the legs sticking up, humming softly to himself. "Nope ... nope ... still nope."

The Solomon Bot fired again and again and again! Zion jumped off and landed neatly, ducking and dodging the first shot. Then he back flipped and dodged the second. And to dodge the third, he jumped into the air, did a flip and landed back on the overturned pew leg he'd started from. "Ah-ha! I found it!"

The Solomon Bot started firing in rapid succession!

Zion jumped off the pew like a ballet dancer, back arched and legs spread! He landed on one knee, then rolled forward and leaned to one side, evading the next shot and leaning to the other side! Next he rolled backwards and stood on one hand, legs straight up in the air! Then he sprung off the ground using his one arm and flew over the Solomon Bot! He landed and narrowly missed being shot with the laser again! After that he was zigzagging as he half-ran, half-danced away from CARMOT. He twirled, he did the splits, he rolled and he contorted his body into strange positions a gymnast would have envied--all while listening to his iPod. If anyone had been watching, they might have been amazed at his ability to do all this while keeping his earphones on and his iPod in his pocket.

CARMOT followed the 00 as he attempted to race away, firing laser blasts at every opportunity. The laser followed Zion as he ran up the wall, straight to the ceiling, swung on the chains hanging there that had once held chandeliers. Then he landed on one of the beams high above the ground. There was a flash of silver and he threw it at CARMOT.

CARMOT fired at the strange object which burst into tiny bits of flashing lights and sparkling embers! There were more strange objects thrown at the Solomon Bot which it destroyed in quick succession! But there were so many of them. The last one the robot struck filled the place with a blinding light! When the light subsided, the only thing CARMOT saw was Zion's face as he fell toward it, one arm raised with one of his knives raised!

There was a SSCCHHINNKK! sound as Zion sliced the laser off before he landed right on top of the Solomon Bot! With CARMOT's sole weapon gone, Zion raised the laser, struck it, point first into the large gap he'd made in CARMOT's chest as he straddled the robot and fired!

The snarling grin was back on Zion's face as the robot's circuitry was frozen into ice. "... I always wanted a robot for my birthday."

[Summary: Zion engages the Solomon Bot ... Behold the power of DDR!]

Reactions: 1 person
EARLIER...

Among the rebel street fighters they had a saying, 'Aethers come, time to run.' It came from the fact that the suppression bombs were never in the hands on the grunts so where they went experienced shock troopers followed skilled in street battles and storming buildings. Yuri and the other rebels were saved by the distinctive sound they made then they hit thou ground. "GET DOWN!!" it wasn't clear who shouted, it didn't matter, as one the rebels hit the floor and light and sound erupted in a continuous bombardment. Those used to them heard the shots that ended those still outside and hugging floor Yuri caught the eye on another rebel and as one they came to the same idea. Yuri got up into a crouch and bullets started flying from the doorway, the custodians entered the church. Lead peppered wood and spinsters flew.

"We're getting out of here." he half shouted over the cacophony and everyone, even Dante nodded. Then in a low crouch he moved along the pew to the group opposite and brought his hand down in a cutting gesture. Most of the group was on their stomachs but one lay on his back an arm thrown over his face as his limbs moves weakly at random. One of them make the OK sigh and dragged something out in front of his for Yuri to see them jabbed a thumb at the door. Yuri nodded quickly then held up his hand.

"We have something that should really give those assholes shooting at us something to think about. Then that happens you run and stay together, those guys will be joining us." he paused to see is everything heard, "AND..." he said looking at those of the group less experienced than the others "You never foot at the door unless you never want to see anything again."

The rebels all lined up and get ready, then Yuri nodded to the group opposite. The rebel gripped the bag holding the demo charge and set the timer to five seconds. The bag had been packed with anything on hand that would make good shrapnel, even items from the rebel's equipment, then without looking the threw it over the pew towards the door.

"That the..... COVER!!" the voice of the Custodian was cut short by a massive explosion, not as powerful as others that had gone off in the church earlier but enough to knock everyone not braced off their feet and a hail of deadly flying metal sprayed everything not behind something.

"GO!" As one the rebels broke cover and ran for a hole in the wall. Those Custodians that recovered opening fire. There was no time to stop and take cover, they had nothing more to use a second time. Those that fell would have to be left.

PRESENT...

"Alright, get in!" Yuri said to Steiner and Lonestar, knowing that time was short. The two Norfolkians scrambled into the van and slammed the doors, while up-front Willis and the driver were having some kind of argument about C-4. But the van got moving nonetheless. Steiner and Lonestar found a place to brace themselves, while Yuri simply clutched his weapon to his chest and watched them.

At the end of the van, Dante was slumped, apparently out of breath and his face smeared with dirt. He spoke now and then, giving directions to the driver and choosing the routes that would best throw the HKs off their scent.

So far, only Yuri had noticed that Dante had been clutching his side ever since they made the dash from the cathedral...

I AM THE PURIST, NON-CONFORMIST, JADED SUB-HUMAN TERRORIST...

The van pulled up in an abandoned industrial compound, ten miles from the cathedral district. And it had barely come to a halt before the doors were thrown open. But for the first time in years, there was no great motion - no band of rebels leaping out and congratulating one another. This time it was a slow and sorrowed disembark. Only a handful had survived.

And they were about to lose one more...

As HKs patrolled the horizon behind them, Yuri and the other rebels, bloodied and exhausted, carried Dante carefully from the van. He was still breathing, but his hand had long fallen away from his side and now blood leaked out from the bullet wound and across his uniform.

Yuri moved quickly, lying his leader down and opening his water bottle, trying to get Dante to drink. The other rebels stood around, pale with confusion, while Steiner, Willis and Lonestar kept a respectful distance and checked their weapons beside the van.

"What's your name, soldier?" Dante whispered, his bloodied hand pushing away the water bottle.

...FROM FLESH TO STEEL TO BLOOD TO BLADE, I FIGHT TO EXIST...

As the second Solomon Bot was dispatched by Zion, Setem was fighting a running battle on the other side of the church. Dodging from pillar to pillar, he threw jets of water at the remaining Solomon Bot, which responded with scouring bolts of lightning. But neither could hit the other, such was their speed. The church was bombarded as they duelled, statues toppled, glass shattered - as if between machine and monster the whole record of human history would be dashed to pieces.

But in time the shootout ended. Setem's water-sources ran dry and he was forced onto the run, sprinting between the pews and pillars as the floating abomination chased him. And he could not help but come close to the west entrance, where the Aether devices were still emitting. His heightened senses were bombarded and he began to lose coordination, stumbling on a dead rebel and losing his cover. A bolt from the Solomon Bot struck his hip, sending numbness through him like creeping ice. His synapses misfired, the leg spasming. Thankfully it had not penetrated his internal organs, but the muscles were shot. He staggered, half-paralysed...

... and then was knocked down by Colonel Gustave.

"Open fire!" yelled the Colonel as he and his Custodian Squad swept into the cathedral. A hail of bullets arched over Setem and towards the Solomon Bot, which dodged and recoiled, shooting crackling energy to cover its retreat. Some of the Custodians were hit, spasming like Setem, while others took cover positions.

Gustave knelt by Setem, firing with one hand and yelling into his radio in the other. "EXECUTIVE ORDER TO NOVACORPS! TERMINATE PROJECT SOLOMON! I REPEAT - TERMINATE PROJECT SOLOMON!"

...A RIVAL TO FARCED JUSTICE, EXTREME RUSH OF HATRED, I SURVIVE IN A WORLD WHERE NOTHING IS SACRED...

"JASON!" shouted Linette, somehow sensing what had happened. She bolted to her feet and lunged across the Boatswain's cabin, compelled by something more than reason, her arms outstretched, grief and fury in her eyes.

But even with love... even with vengeance... she was not swift enough. The guard fired once, a tight and disciplined shot. The remaining prisoners whimpred as Linette fell down between them and the guards, blood trickling out from the gunshot wound in her head.

And thousands of miles away, on the borders of Semile, Altair felt this, even as Ada's ship went plumetting out of control. "No..." he whispered, screwing his eyes shut as he gripped the flight controls. Ada lay unconscious by his feet, but he thought no more of her. The passing of Jason and Linette, the only entities he could ever know as friends, cut like a shard of glass through his heart. His hands trembled, his psychic senses overloading. The ship ploughed through the top of a building, bringing fire and smoke into the cockpit.

"No..." he whispered again, his voice failing. With his eyes closed the remaining visions came. His soldiers on the shore... the hideout was under attack. It was being watched all along. He saw his men running through the ruins, picked off one by one by the HK squadron which hung like a pack of ravens overhead. Asheron was with them, and he too was dying, his body convulsing as the shots struck him. Crusade Mechs moved amongst the ruins, dousing everything in chemical fire.

Infinity had ended...

Ada's ship clipped another rooftop and rolled, crashing through the old industrial estates on the northern edge of Semile. Altair dropped and put his arms around Ada, even as the flight console crumpled and crushed his leg. He used whatever powers he had left, throwing a shield around them as the ship buried itself inside a factory unit and fire swept through the crew compartment.

Then there was only darkness.

...AS I DIE, I SHALL BURST WIDE OPEN...

"I remember you," whispered Dante. He placed his hand on Yuri's chest, where his heart was, bloodied fingertips smearing the soldier's uniform.

"Remember.... Revolution is here..." his voice went hoarse, fading as his eyes fluttered. "While... you still draw breath... fight.. for something better.. than this."

...AS I DIE, I SHALL RELEASE THE APOCALYPSE...

"Miss!"

Rhiannon found herself in a bed of sand, most of it in her mouth and nostrils. Coughing, she tried to swallow, but the throat was dry and too sore to speak.

"Miss!"

Her eyes fluttered open and she saw only smoke and hanging wreckage. The speeder had spread itself across the desert, like some beast laid open for autopsy, and she was among it, strewn like the nuts and bolts.

"Miss!" rasped the voice of Joseph Maldini. Rhiannon saw him crawling to the edge of the sand crater in which she lay, a figure of black grime and red smears. His hair hung across bloodshot eyes, but still his grease-covered hands reached out, trying to help her.

But then the sun winked out behind him and Rhiannon saw the silhouette of the Solomon Bot. It was coming, sashaying with almost human grace, hips swaying and limbs flexing with intent. Rhiannon tried to speak, to cry a warning, but there was nothing. Not even her lips could part.

Joseph seemed to sense it too, but he kept his eyes on Rhiannon, even as the Cyborg's shadow fell over him. "Help my family, Miss. Please... You're the only o--"

He never finished the sentence. The Solomon Bot gripped Joseph's head from behind and twisted, snapping the neck in a single move. The mechanic dropped down beside Rhiannon, who could only lay in shock and terror as the Bot continued moving. Its photosynthetic cells glistened in the sunlight and it reached out a hand, barbs and poison glands extending. It came closer, closer, closer...

...it stopped. There was a faint sound, like circuitry sparking, and then the Solomon Bot froze, mid-crouch, its hand a few inches from Rhiannon's face. It didn't move.

And somewhere in the distance, Rhiannon could hear the rumbling of engines and the march of boots.

The Bot had been deactivated, and now the Nephilim Army was coming her way.

...THUS, I HOLD ON TO MY FAITH...

As the Solomon Bots were taken offline, a small piece of history was being made in the private Chapel of St Meno's Cathedral.

Dayne took a step back from Sahar, lowering his arm, looking down at it as the blade retracted. "No, you're quite right," he muttered, "What should a Messiah fear but her own unreadiness?"

The eyes came back to Sahar, wide, awash with love and rapture. She had seen that look before in the peons of Semile, but never as pronounced as in this man's eyes. And moreover, those eyes were not besmirched with the marring trickle of fear, as they were for others. There was only amazement, as a man beholding an open road, possibilities in crescendo.

"Genesis..." he whispered as he took her in, "How you have grown... And I too, Genesis. Such fear I had in this place... but now you're here. And there is so much for you to do."

Behind them, Eros lay unconscious on the chapel floor, completely ignored as Dayne's eyes could not tear themselves from Sahar. The same arm that had retracted its blade edged closer, brushing the tips of her purple hair. "Such things I have done for you, Genesis. In your name I have raped and I have slaughtered, cast infants into flame, extinguished whole tribes in gas chambers. I have trampled over history and I have bludgeoned the face of humanity, over and over... in your name."

His fingers moved another inch and Sahar's hand shot up. Dayne was gripped beneath the jaw and lifted off the ground, legs kicking freely as he struggled...

...no, struggled was not the word. He still smiled, even as he gasped for air, his face almost in ecstasy at her touch.

"Yes..." he hissed, "We are ready... your Crusade... your Church. Tear us open, Genesis... lay bare our sins... find us... all of us... your Crusade... know what we have done..."

...THUS, I KEEP THE HOPE ALIVE, THAT IT WILL PROSPER AND DEVOUR THE DEMONS I FIGHT...

Dante's eyes rolled back, his hand sliding from Yuri's chest. Behind them, Steiner could see the pool of blood around them - Dante's blood, too much of it now, a red stain across the yard, almost reaching the tyres of the van.

...WE ARE DANTE.

There was noise from the corridor beyond the chapel, orders being barked, rooms being cleared. Setem's voice was among them, slurring and half-conscious, directing the soldiers where to go. And there was even a few bursts of fire as Zion was driven off.

Dayne looked to one side then back at Sahar as he dangled in her grasp. "They are coming..." he whispered. "Now hie thee to your wilderness, Messiah. Hide in rags, amongst your people... learn... become...."

He took his hands away from hers, his airways cut off, and even as he suffocated her reached out towards her once more. "Genesis..."

WE ARE THE BROTHERHOOD!

"WE ARE THE BROTHERHOOD."

"WE ARE THE BROTHERHOOD."

The soldiers around Yuri spoke the words, the creed of their rebellion, the parting prayer for Dante - but only quietly, only slowly. They did not really believe them anymore. As Yuri lay Dante's head down and closed his eyes, he knew that some of those men would be departing now, backing off, going their separate ways. They would slip into shadow and bury themselves in the city, as they had been taught to do if ever the Brotherhood should fail.

And fail it had - off that each man was sure. Dante was dead, Infinity had fallen, the 00s were defeated, and to the south the lands of Norfolk shuddered under the approach of war.

The Rebellion was over.

Peregrinus Laurifer.

CRUSADERS TRIUMPHANT

[SUMMARY: Altair crashes with Ada as he senses the execution of Jason, Linette, Asheron and all his Infinity soldiers. Rhiannon is captured by the Crusade and Joseph Maldini is killed. Setem fights the last Solomon Bot and is saved when Colonel Gustave pulls the plug on Project Solomon. Dayne has his first words with Sahar. And finally, Dante, the leader of the rebellion, dies in Yuri's arms. The Rebellion is now all but finished.]

Status
Not open for further replies.