Project Genesis - Episode 3: Close to Comfort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mancini’s Home; Park Heights, 1:57 EST

Almost as soon as Yuri has spoken to Ada, Jerry had place itself next to his master’s side.

“According to company protocol, women are never to be alone in the presence of unknown male personal.” The dry voice of the android spoke.

“Shut up Jerry! We aren’t on company grounds, so stand down! Not everyone we meet is out to kill me like that damned 02 is. Stand down, until I give you an order. ” Ada hissed.

The robot obeyed its master for the time being.

“Don’t mind him, Jerry is an old guardbot. I got him from a salvage pit in the boondocks. Sorry, I didn’t catch your name.” Ada said.

“It’s Yuri,” he responded.

“Yuri, eh? A nice strong Eastern sounding name. Oh, where are my manners? My name is Adelaide. The robot calls me master, which I doubt you’d want to call me; unless you get horny off such crap. How about you just call me, Ada? It’s nice and short.” She then rambled, “As for working for Mr. Mancini, don‘t make me laugh. This is a part time jig.”

cybercity_by_poisondlo.jpg

"The footage is ruined!" spat Colonel Gustave as he stalked across the landing platform after Thaddeus Dayne. His large, callused hands gripped a data-slate, where the footage from the Tesla camera was playing. The picture was distorted and erratic, showing snatches of soldiers, gunfire and supernatural inconsistencies.

"There could be a dozen factions for all we know."

"No doubt," replied Dayne. His cybernetic hands clutched his ministerial robes, holding them against the buffetting wind from the landing craft's engines. They had returned to Semile as soon as the rioting broke out. As they crossed the landing platform, a full squad of Custodians stood guard, weapons trained on the surrounding high-rises.

"The more the merrier, old friend. Let the Messiah pay witness to the hands that snatch at her. We have what we need from the footage."

"You mean the 00s?"

"Precisely. There were at least 5 of them present on the Tesla. With the readouts we've gathered, and the research notes from Grazer's vault, we have all we need for the Solomon Program."

"So that is why you sent Bellik instead of Jerek. You do not trust him?"

"Call me paranoid, Gustave, but I'd rather not let the last 00 loyal to our cause know that we are designing machines to eradicate his kind."

"I trust a cyborg even less than a 00."

"It is not question of trust. Cyborg, 00, Brotherhood, Outcast or Believer - they all have their programming."

As the two men vanished inside a Party building, the Tower of Solon flickered to life on the eastern skyline. Crusade music started playing, an orchestra of brass and choir-song, and the huge screen began its broadcast.

Jerek Aldere, your Protector in this hour of need.

An image of 04 appeared, clad in black fatigues with the golden symbol of the Nephilim. His face was aglow, and the music stirred as his eyes shone a deep and cyan richness.

As ever, he remains vigilant and hunts his fallen brothers.

The screen showed Jerek leading Custodian teams, blasting through walls and storming Brotherhood lairs. Flames shot from his fingertips, driving back shadows and purging the enemies of the state.

Jerek will not rest until the Messiah is found.

The screen showed Jerek in an alleyway, repelling wave after wave of rapists, muggers and heretics, every strike bringing his enemies to the ground.

Night and day, he never rests, he never stops. He leads the Nephilim, fearless and relentless.

A woman with flowing golden hair placed a kiss upon Jerek's cheek. He put his arm around her, and with the other he lifted an infant in swaddling, his smile radiant.

He has thwarted the evil designs of Minister Grazer. And now he is closing in on the Messiah's kidnappers.

Jerek strode from the burning ruins of a mansion, dragging Minister Grazer by the ankle between the corpses of his treacherous guards.

Jerek Aldere, the Angel of the Messiah, the Seraphim of Semile. He is pure while others fall, strong where others falter. He will protect you... and he will bring the Messiah back.

The music stirred again, and the symbol of the Crusade faded in over the face of Jerek Aldere.

[SUMMARY: As Dayne and Gustave return to Semile they discuss the Solomon Program - a plan to design cyborgs custom-built to engage each of the 00s. In the background, another propaganda message is played from the Tower of Solon.]

Three squad vans tore across the streets of the city, their sirens blaring and their lights flashing brightly. At the corner of Elson and Brook, they screeched to a halt, their drivers expertly coordinating this act to turn the vans into a makeshift barricade that blocked off the entirety of Elson. Almost the instant they had stopped, the back doors of the vans crashed open, and dozens of armed men and women surged out, dressed in the distinctive uniforms of Semile's finest: the SPD.

Leaning out of the passenger window of the leading van, Police Lieutenant Lars Mullman glanced up the road from the primitive roadblock the police department had just made. A short distance away, two overly excited rioters were flaying each other with belts, crying out to the heavens for mercy. Others were bashing their heads against walls or windows, shouting out that the end was nigh. Every voice was joined together in one plea: that the powers on high would deliver Sahar back to its devoted flock.

Idiots.

Keying in to the van's radio, Lars growled into it, "Base Command, this is Checkpoint 8. We're in position, over."

"Checkpoint 8, this is Base Command," replied a female voice on the other end. "You are cleared to commence operations, over."

"Roger. Commencing mission. Checkpoint 8, out."

"Command out! Give 'em Hell!"

Lars allowed himself a small smile at that last comment. If he didn't have a masquerade to keep up, He'd have been completely happy to just let the merry populace break themselves to pieces in the hopes of getting Genesis back. After all, most of the rioting was in the poor part of town, meaning that his parents were, quite likely, not a potential victim in this rampage of penance that had hit the streets.

Stepping out of the van, and taking a megaphone with him, Lars walked in front of the SPD officers that had filed out. Each one was in heavy armor—helmet, shield, and vest—and each one was carrying a baton in their other hand. Those rioters closest to them had already began backing off or retreating, only to find that there was an advancing wall of similarly armored officers blocking off the other end of the street.

"Citizens of Semile!" Lars shouted into the megaphone. "Cease your activities immediately, or suffer the consequences!" The echoing voice carried down the street, attracting the attention of all the penitents that had been previously mutilating themselves. Defiant and stubborn, they simply shouted insults at the officers and stood defiant, gathering up makeshift weapons from wherever they could find them. Their god would not bring their Messiah back unless they showed their penitence, and the law couldn't stop them from it.

Fortunately, this eventuality was already addressed, as helicopters flew overhead, dropping gas canisters onto the congregating crowd. Choked and blinded by the tear gas that hissed out from the canisters, the crowd stumbled and fell, desperately trying to find where their enemies were, but unable to even keep their eyes open due to the stinging pain. And then the policemen struck, pulling the deflated rioters' arms behind their backs and taking the ones still standing to the ground.

As handcuffs were applied and people were thrown harshly onto the hard asphalt of the street, Lars looked up and noticed that the helicopters were deploying more gas bombs a street or two farther out from where he was. Even if it took all day, the riots would be cleared up. For now though, police vans were being loaded up with the rioters so they could be detained for a day or two, and so the few sane members of society could carry out their business.

And that's when the broadcast came on. Directing the flow of prisoners into the vans, Lars jumped when the Tower of Solon began piping its sickening propaganda. At the sight of Jerek being treated with such reverence, the gruff lieutenant shoved forward one of the captured rioters so hard that he stumbled into the one lined up in front of him, knocking the both of them over.

That could have been me. I should have been the one who people worshipped.

Shaking his head in disgust, Lars walked away from the mess in the line and stared at the heroically posing Jerek on the big screen. When the Brotherhood finally took this city, the 00 would be the first man who he came after. And he knew that he would be laughing maniacally all the way.

(Summary: Introduction for Lars Mullman, lieutenant in the Semile Police Department, and secret agent for the Brotherhood. As he's directing a citywide riot containment operation, he is angered by the broadcast, due to his jealousy over Jerek.)

“I won't be here long either. Just until enough funds are raised for....” he stopped. “Just until I return to my usual post. I am here to make sure a deal goes smoothly, that is all.” He looked from guardbot to Ada for a moment. “I didn't know individuals could own guardbots like this, not with the..... unrest and bombings.” he looked uncomfortable “I agree with what they are trying to do but sometimes fear they are doing it the wrong way.” he looked down at his hands. Then seemed to compose himself. “But the opinions of one man cannot change anything, we do what we must.”

He was quiet “I was looking for the cafeteria, if there is one, erm.... if you would excuse me?” he walked back the way he had come, and strait back to the room where Sarah was being held, he didn't know why he had expressed the doubts he felt, and to a complete stranger. It was almost as unnerving as the doubts themselves

"Checkpoint 8, this is Base Command," the voice on the radio crackled. Lars grabbed it, turning away from the din of choking civilians and police brutality.

"This is Checkpoint 8, go ahead." He ducked back into the seat of his SPD truck.

"We require additional units required at Sector Clerestory Nine"

"Park Heights?" snarled the Police Lieutenant, "We had that cordoned off!"

"We have a fugitive inside the perimeter, escaped from the Grazer mansion and designated Priority One. Custodians are in pursuit, but support is needed."

A figure dropped from the wall of Grazer's garden, landing in the side-street with a clumsy thud.

refugee_8_by_neokonglomera.jpg

The servant gathered up her robe, trying her best to cover the Norfolkian tattoos on her skin. She was shivering, and as her breath ran ragged there was terror in her eyes. The friends she had known were dead and her master had been taken, a gibbering shell of the man he once was.

CRASH!

The wall erupted, two arms punching through to grab and claw, and with a scream she stumbled clear as the Cyborg tore through the stone behind her.

And then she was running, sprinting between the high walls of polished stone that separated the pristine gardens of Park Heights. Six human soldiers rushed through the breach behind her, their armour brilliant blue and capes billowing. And up ahead, the second Cyborg appeared on top of the perimeter wall.

The first machine had been a surveillance Cyborg, but this one was a heavy weapon drone. It's left arm swung towards the alleyway, a protrusion of dark metal unleashing a hail of bullets.

The slave leapt towards the opposite wall, scaling the vines as bullets tore up the ground around her. She rolled over the top and landed in the next garden, barely pausing to catch her breath as she continued running.

She had never forgotten the skills she learned in the Outlands. Run to cover, never look back.

A rocket tore through the trees on her left, blasting branches away and setting the canopy alight. She lunged onto a dumpster, then to a car roof, then onto a garage, half-falling over onto the front drive. The shouts of her pursuers were hot on her heels.

Six men and two cyborgs... and they wanted her dead.

The garage was riddled with fire as she ran across the drive and out into the street again. And a second later, a Custodian sniper was on the roof of the garage. The slave lunged behind a parked car as he fired. The bullet punched through the windscreen, through the wall of the next mansion grounds, through two rose bushes, over a flower bed, between a line of railings, through a glass window...

... then slammed into the corridor wall a foot in front of Yuri. The Brotherhood soldier stumbled back, the shattered window lying between him and the doorway of Sahar's room.

"I can help you!" screamed the slave, shaking the gates of Val Mancini's mansion. "Get me out of here!"

Another burst of fire struck the gates, and the woman carried on running, fleeing for dearest life.

SUMMARY
Lars is called in to assist with a problem at Grazer's mansion. One of the slaves has escaped the massacre and is on the run from a full Custodian Team. She gets as far as Mancini's mansion, where she yells for help. Yuri is almost hit by a stray bullet from the pursuit.

Yuri had no time to think. The wall in front of him exploded and he heard shouting followed by gunfire behind him. He had a split second decision to make, genesis, or the stranger. “They are after her, its not our problem.” he told himself. Seconds later he was running back out the door and shouting at Ada.

”I'm going to help her .” he ran along the wall parallel to the girl's flight hoping to find another gate to get to her.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO2JQquQKHY"]YouTube- Partisan's Song - The Red Army Choir[/ame]

Clerestory Nine, Park Heights, 2:34 PM EST

The city was in a frenzy, for some this chaos was the time to stage the rebellion. The police where busy allowing for the citizens to unleash their waves of hatred upon anything that moved.

IMG_6438.jpg

They were a ragged looking group, looking in worse shape than Yuri did. Their clothing were literal rags, firearms vastly outdated save for the captain of the bunch, a young man still wearing the captured uniform of the Salvage Crew militia from the raid on Tesla.

One young man was hiding on the second floor of a storehouse. He pulled the blot of his firearm back and slid a brass bullet in. Now all he had to do was wait.

IMG_6556.jpg

Another young man, just so happened to be walking down the same street at the wrong time. He had already been beaten by a mob for saying, “Dante seems like he is a smart military man.” He had meant this as a half hearted joke…

The sniper waited until the disoriented man was within range of the few policemen that Lars ordered into the section.

BANG!

A well targeted shot entered the helmet of a policemen, breaking the protective plastic shield of his riot gear. The blue uniformed man fell down dead.

“What the hell was that?” One of the more inexperienced cops then shouted. He drew his attention to the disoriented man.

“It must have been him!” The cop then shouted, as he unleashed a wave of M16 smart bullets on the supposed foe.

This is when a new fire fight broke out, more men of the Dante Death Brigade began sniping from their well hidden locations…

- Southern Norfolk Territory

Setem had found a way around the city and out south. Due to all the riots most of the Crusade members had been trying to keep the public under control. With the trial coming up for Grazer there was no doubt he would not be missed. It was the perfect scenario for Setem, or at least so far. Now the most challenging aspect of his journey was coming up. Marching through dangerous territory to ask for help from the ruthless Norfolkian bases was no easy task. He was at the top of a moderately large hill when he stopped to get his bearings. Off about a mile and a half was what looked to be a town next to a naval base. If anything, this was the best place to start. He started heading in that direction hoping he would not be shot on site.

The idiots I work with! I just know that this disturbance has something to do with them.

As the squad van screeched across the roads, its sirens blazing, Lars sat in the passenger seat with his head in his chin. If this incident was a result of the Brotherhood blowing its cover, then the military would most likely run all the believed conspirators in and submit them to truth serum testing. Needless to say, the prospect of such a thing would jeopardize Lars' position and possibly result in his early death. Obviously, he would need to run interference when he arrived.

The lieutenants thoughts were interrupted when the radio crackled with a communique. He recognized the voice of Sergeant Bradshaw as words came through, "This is Checkpoint 8 requesting immediate backup! We are under sniper fire and need air-" A sharp crack sounded, and the radio went silent again.

"Checkpoint 8, this is Base Command," came another voice. "Backup is on its way." Whether or not there was someone on the other end, standard protocol required the base to respond. Lars didn't put his hopes up that there would be someone certified to operate the radio at the checkpoint.

Snipers, huh? Guess the boys got a little antsy. What fun.

Whatever the case, Lars said nothing, prompting the driver to ask, "Lieutenant, do we turn around?"

"No," Lars replied lazily, "we still have our own orders. Besides, we're equipped to deal with rioters, not terrorists. We would be of little help to them."

"But sir..."

"Quiet, Officer Schiff. They've sent backup, so whatever happens, this situation IS under control. Keep driving."

The van skidded into the rich district in less than two minutes, right into a hail of gunfire. Instinctively ducking as a bullet passed through the worse-armored windshield, Lars thanked the heavens that Schiff had maintained enough composure to turn the car around and park. Raising his head up, his revolver drawn from its holster, Lars slowly opened the door and walked out, using it for cover.

When he saw the large picture of things, the gruff policeman was able to piece together the truth. Running down the street towards the van, a woman was desperately attempting to dodge gunfire from a unit of armed cyborgs. They looked like military grade, judging by their uniforms, about five or six on the road, and two more taking potshots from a nearby rooftop. Considering how close they were to the Grazer Manor, there was only one conclusion to make about the identity of this woman.

Running out from the cover of the door, the lieutenant charged at the running woman and bowled her over, wrestling her to the ground and slapping a pair of cuffs on her. The soldiers, augmented by cybernetic modifications, closed the distance in less than a second after the woman had stopped. Over their shoulders, the lieutenant saw a few smoking holes in the Mancini mansion and cursed under his breath. If his fellow members had been hurt in the crossfire, there would be trouble.

"Ah, the backup, I see," spoke one of the soldiers near the front, a man with a red robotic eye and a pair of cybernetic arms. Judging by the epaulets on his collar, he was the leader of this unit. "Many blessings upon you for assisting in capturing this heretic, officer. If you will simply hand her over, we will perform judgment-"

"Not so fast, you cyclops!" said Lars, pulling the woman to her feet and keeping her somewhat protected by his own armored body. "What cause do you have for calling her a heretic?"

At the comment about his eye, the military commander lowered his gaze a little, but responded firmly, "She was spotted leaving the Grazer mansion. Our orders firmly stated that nobody except Grazer himself was to leave the grounds alive. Now hand her over, or we will shoot you too."

"Strong words, freak of nature." Lars jerked a thumb towards the van, where a dozen men armed with assault rifles had filed out, and were surveying the scene with a nervous tensity. "We protect the community and each other. It's in our job description. If you hurt one of us, we might just get a little...violent."

"You would not dare harm a member of the Crusade! This is our mission, so if you harm us, you will be the one who pays!" the cyborg retorted, glancing behind him to make sure that his own soldiers had their weapons out.

"I don't think so. You called us! You asked us for help! It's our jurisdiction now, so just back off!" Without another word, Lars turned the lady around and began walking her to the van, whispering in her ear, "It's okay. You're safe."

Before, the woman had seemed close to hysterics, obviously expecting to be led to her death in either case. However, before she could open her mouth to say something, a shot rang out, and she fell to the ground with a shriek, blood spilling from a wound in her leg. Turning, Lars saw that the commander was gesturing to one of the snipers, who was now ejecting a shell from his rifle, and taking aim again.

"Oh, you should not have done that," Lars said slowly, then threw himself to the ground and shouted, "OPEN FIRE!"

In the short half a minute that followed, plasma bolts and hard lead alike would fly over the lieutenant's head, some of them just barely skirting him. In one short instant, when he had felt brave enough to peek his head up, he had seen one of the military troops take a bullet in the head and fall over backwards, shooting a gob of plasma into the robot leg of one of his compatriots on the way down and melting it partially through.

This woman had better be useful somehow. Otherwise, I'm gonna be mad.

(Summary: Driving to lend assistance to the soldiers, Lars hears the people back at the checkpoint asking for backup, but decides to just leave them to it. In the rich sector, he decides to keep Grazer's servant alive by inciting a gunfight between his policemen and the Crusade soldiers.)

(Musical Ambience: Nature's Revenge, Skinny Puppy, B-Sides Collection)

Hangar 18
Chambers Field...

Six pirates sat in an office clad in full tactical kit. There were two helo pilots with them, both wearing flight suits. Steiner was in the midst of wrapping his face with medical tape, his preferred form of PSYWARFARE. A pair of officers, both clad in dress whites, entered the room a pirate calling the room to attention.

"At ease..."Lieutenant Commander Connors said, standing behind a podium. The lights went out in the room and a projector showed a map image of the swamps to the North.

"We've managed to come up with a rough idea of where MA1 Heydrich and his team went." The image changed to show pirated footage of a Yankee airship.

"This is what we believe to have been the Tesla, a Yankee airship downed due to rebel interference." the other officer, a Lieutenant, spoke up. "The USS Los Angeles was conducting EW ops off the coast and picked up radio transmissions from the crash site. We have reason to believe the Yankees were transferring tier one personalities*."

"And this has to do with our mission how?" Steiner asked, finishing his medical tape mask.

"It means there's a high possibility that the Crusaders are going to be sweeping the area for whoever the hell was in that airship." Connors replied.

"Hey, it'll be a couple more notches in mah rifle fer me!" Lonestar piped in. He wore a green beret with a shield device depicting a pair of crossed arrows and a downward pointing sword. Around the shield were the words 'DE OPRESSO LIBER.'

"You are only to engage if contact is inevitable and even then they are to be stealth kills. Is that clear?" Connors asked.

"Aye aye, sir!" the SEALs shouted in unison.

"CW01 Aldo Bacon here will be your pilot for this flight." the Lieutenant said, motioning to one of the helo pilots. Steiner looked over to him then back to the two brass hats. "We're giving him a nice new SH-60J Sea Hawk for this mission."

"Which means it comes out of your paycheck if it gets shot down. We don't havea whole lot of the 'Juliet' models, so be damn careful with the one we're sending you with."

"Attention..." Connors shouted out. The pirates rose to attention, the lights coming back on. "Dismissed..." Connors and the Lieutenant left, the pirates grabbing their gear and heading out to the flight deck.

"Another day..." Steiner started.

"...another dollar twenty five." his team replied in unison. They were loaded down for bear and ready.

Of course no plan ever survives first contact with the enemy.

------------------------------

(OOC)
-Mission briefing. The Ghost Faces are ready to roll out.
(/OOC)

Aldo Bacon despised these briefings. He admitted that they were necessary, but he always felt confined in these tight spaces, with all of these people around him. Of course, the smell that perpetuated from some of them hardly helped. Still, it had to be endured. These briefings were necessary, after all, and it sure beat the hell out of mopping floors in Semile. So Aldo sat, and listened. Upon mention of Aldo's name a S.E.A.L. (and a particularly fearsome looking one at that, with a face wrapped in medical tape), looked over at him. Aldo winked at him and gave a mischievous grin, but it was hard to determine his reaction with the medical tape. At last, the briefing was over. Aldo was the first to leave, behind the two officers.

-----

So this was the Sea Hawk? Aldo whistled and grinned madly to himself as he admired the massive beast in front of him. He would be flying a new helicopter with a new co-pilot, carrying passengers he had never met before. Nothing about this mission was familiar, but it was no worse off for it. Familiarity was boring. Besides, this way there would be more opportunities. Aldo had to stop himself from giggling with merriment as he inspected the Sea Hawk's single Hellfire missile. It was an old weapon, outdated, and it would be almost useless against anything else in the air, but it was better than nothing. He licked his thumb and rubbed at a smudge on the exterior of the helicopter. Perfect.

OOC SUMMARY: Enter Aldo Bacon. He is chilling at the briefing, and then he gets familiar with his new ride.

"What the hell?" Anna whispered to herself, hearing gunfire in the front of the manor. She pulled out a pistol and slowly snuck around the property, hugging the wall. This wasn't supposed to happen here. That was the point of this assignment, right? She crept slowly, and turned around, making sure no one was behind her. Anna turned back and saw someone crouching, facing the wall.

Anna slowly walked up behind him, and put a pistol to his back. The person immediately straightened his back.
"Put your hands on your head and turn around nice and slow," She said slowly, her accent slipping out a little. The man cautiously put his hands on his head and turned. Anna lowered her pistol upon seeing who it was.
"Yuri?"
"Anna?"
"What are you doing here?"
"I could ask you the same question."
Anna sighed. This was awkward. Yuri and her had been on a previous assignment that ended up in them...getting along a little too well.
"So, what happened to you that night?" Yuri asked. A shot came whizzing past over their heads.
"Can we not discuss this now?" Anna suggested, more shots flying over them.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akyP40IIwRs"]YouTube- "Baba Zumbula" FULL VERSION[/ame]

Mancini’s Home; Park Heights, 2:40 PM EST

“It is a crime not to teach a man to defend himself when he is the victim of constant brutal attacks.”-Malcolm X

The sounds of gunfire once again broke out on the streets of Semile. It seemed that not even the rich could fully escape the realities of rebellion. For the past decade the amounts of rebellions had increased ever since the so called “Infinity rebellion” that destroyed much of the northern sector of the city state, New York. It first started with the BKAB, whom were a branch of a low funded militia that sought to gain more political influence following the wave of destruction left by the rebellion in the north. They were violently crushed. Next came the Spiritus Domini, a fundamentalist band of clergy that found the modern faith too materialistic and a falsity in the eyes of God. They were branded heretics and publicly burned at the stake.

The Brotherhood was one of the newer gangs formed. What made them more successful was the fact the first Dante was a member of the Old Guard. They were well funded due to the fact the Dante had access to all the captured arms the army won in battles from the Norfolkians. The other key to their success was that they the Brotherhood would often rescue Norfolkian slaves and get paid a handsome reward from the rich officers of that nation.

“Fuck, that rebel is a moron.” Ada said as she drew her Uzi back up from her side, her bared arms still revealing the number tattooed on her robotic arm.

“Jerry, I need stats!” she demanded.

The machine’s combat senses kicked in, “Judging from the echoes of gun shots they are well over a mile away. From the rate of fire, one force is using bolt action rifles, another is using semi-automatics. Irregularities in firing suggest one of the opposing forces is pinned for now.”

Then there was sounds of more guns being fired. This time, semi automatics against semi automatics. This secondary fight was between policemen and soldiers.

“Shit! What the hell was that?” Ada said as heard this, “ Jerry any chance you can pick up audio visual?”

“I am sorry, Mancini’s security firewalls are blocking any form of visuals coming in. I can only trace sound waves.”

“Figures that pussy is obviously trying to hide something. What are the odds of the fight coming this way?”

“More than 90%.”

“Ohhhh. I like ’em odds.” She muttered as a stray bullet hit one of the many columns near her. “I ain’t in the mood to fight regulars, so I say let’s find that rebel, beat him up good and capture him. I’m more than sure we’ll get paid a fair amount if we turn in a few criminals for Mister Talbot.”

“Mistress, are you suggesting we instate Nova Corps Intel 2.33.3.0”

“Yeah that’s the one.”

“Command has been issued. Logging in.”

Ada then run forward, avoiding as much detection as possible. Though she would never allow herself to be caught; she was from the same stock as Jacob Bellik was after all. Jerry then collapsed into a small orb form and started to roll forward. He was designed as a Nova Corps assassin droid. Although it was an older model, no current rebel could match its skills as a combat soldier. Yuri was right, the average citizen could not own a machine of such power.

But Ada was not a citizen, she was the hired servant of David E. Talbot; the president of Nova Corps. He had enough money to out buy the government, much like the High Priest he was the only one untouchable by the whims of the Crusaders. As far as the government was concerned, she did not exist.

Jerry would be the one to deal with Yuri up close, the droid could handle being shot by the Brotherhood’s ancient fire arms. He was designed to fight and keep on fighting unlike those cheap Crusader toys.

To Anna and Yuri, whom were more concerned about the current fray between the police and governmental forces, they didn’t focus on the little rolling orb coming their way. It was the android took them off guard.

“You are under arrest for terrorism.” The machine mentioned as drew two menacing metal claws out from where its hands once were.

“It’s okay. He’s on our side… I think.” Yuri said.

Jerry then stepped forward.

Summary: Ada decides she is no longer interested in whatever pay Mancini was going to give her. With the governmental forces so close, she believes that by capturing Yuri, that it’ll be good press for Nova Corps.

Yuri was of course surprised to see Anna here, surprised to see police shooting st soldiers, and surprised to see the robot walking towards them, metallic claws gleaming.

“Just like old times, when you come, things get …. interesting.” he said with a backwards look at Anna as he turned to face the robot. He took an instinctive step back from it, coming between it and Anna.

“Ada.... ?” he said... slowly questioningly. “She is with us... your employer wants us here.... call off your …..” he stopped seeing the look in Ada's eyes and the robot.

He fired, the bullets striking the robot in the chest bouncing off or lodging in the steel armour, none penetrated. He bucked under the first blow as the wooden stock of his rifle collided with the machine's head, shattering and the useless weapon fell to the ground.

Yuri saw a white flash as the metal limb hit his skull, sending him staggering backwards. A moment later the sound of metal hitting metal rang out as Yuri's knife hit the robot in the torso, but the metal steel turned the blade aside easily. Another blow sent Yuri to the ground, blood flowing from a cut on the side of hi head. He turned over weakly reaching for the shattered rifle.

"Great I have to save your ass AGAIN," Anna mumbled, slowly pulling her kukri out of her thigh sheath.

"You are under arrest. Do not try to resist." The robot recited, still focused on Yuri. Anna looked the robot over. There didn't seem to be any specific weak spot. Everything on it seemed pretty well covered. The only place seemed to be where Yuri had shattered it. She sighed. Great. She looked over at Yuri and he nodded, still in a lot of pain. Anna jumped up and over the robot attempting to slice it in half.

Of course, Anna did not go unnoticed. The robot had split-second reaction and she only had a couple milliseconds head start. A bullet passed through her calf as she was leaping over and Anna cried out in pain. She fell down behind the robot, hardly making a scratch on it.

<table><tr><td>
Recycled_by_likaspapaya.jpg
</td><td>The first Cyborg had fallen, along with the team leader. As the other Custodians retreated they sent the second Cyborg down the main boulevard. With every step its heavy cannon roared, slamming high-callibre shells into the side of the police van.<P>Lars's men had been scattered in the firefight, most of them fleeing to cover behind mansion walls and park railings. They were confused, demoralised - none of them understood why Lars had given the order to open fire. Turning your weapon on a Custodian was blasphemy of the highest order.<P>Chaos reigned supreme. And amongst this chaos, Lars dragged the Norfolkian servant behind the shredded police van. The vehicle's armour was holding for now, but the Cyborg was drawing closer.<P>"Hold on!" he shouted to the woman, even as she sagged against him, losing consciousness as her thigh bled out.</td></tr></table>

Command Post Sigma IX, Thirteenth Transept...

"My my. Quite the hornet's nest we've found here," Dayne remarked. He and Colonel Gustave stood over one of the computer operators and watched the thermal scans of Park Heights. The display showed the smoking ruin of the Grazer Mansion, and to the east there were three other flares of activity: gunfire from the Mancini Mansion, a firefight on the street outside, and a skirmish on the southern perimeter with Dante's Death Brigade.

The wealthy sector was beginning to look more like a warzone.

Beside the minister, Colonel Gustave was smoking a huge cigar and dropping ash on the shoulder of the computer operator. He grunted a reply. "Grazer doesn't have this many bodyguards."

"No, he doesn't. It's probably some Brotherhood cells caught up in the cordon."

The operator glanced up at the two men standing over him. "We've lost contact with Lieutenant Lars, and the Custodian Rearguard,." He then spluttered a little as Gustave blew more cigar smoke.

There was a short sound from behind them - the clearing of a throat. Dayne turned with a delicate smile. "Ah, Mr Ballik. You're looking well today."

On the other side of the command room, Dayne's High Inquisitor stood quietly in his suit, unblinking eyes glowing in the electric light. Dayne approached him between the chattering controllers and flashing consoles. "I trust your foray was successful?"

Jacob Ballik lifted a blue-gloved hand, holding up a small data disk. "This is the last of Grazer's liaison notes," his sharp voice answered. "The Solomon Programme is safe."

Dayne's own mechanical fingers whirred as they clamped the data disk and took it from Ballik's hand. "Excellent. You are, as ever, Mr Ballik, a testament to the efficacy of the human touch."

The Inquisitor gave a short, sharp nod. "I will return to the Ministry now and prepare Grazer for his confession." He turned and moved away, leaving Dayne to slip the data disk into his pocket, before returning to the main console.

"Operator, what collateral do we have in the cordoned area?"

The operator ran a few checks then reported quickly. "Fighting is centred around the mansions of four Inner Party officials: Grazer, Llewellyn, Mancini and Forbes."

"Llewellyn..." Dayne echoed, looking to Gustave, "Isn't she the Head of Agricultural Policy?"

The Colonel grunted in acknowledgement. "And Forbes is in Resources. Mancini, I've never heard of."

Dayne took out his golden data-slate and his mechanical fingers began a fresh composition. "Oh but surely you've heard of Mancini. A hero of the Crusade, benefactor to the Nephilim Orphanage Fund and beloved father of three. After watching the morning sermon, this courageous party member tried to apprehend the Arch-Traitor, Charles Grazer. But alas, he was gunned down by Grazer's cowardly henchmen..."

His fingers moved across the data-slate, typing out the lies as he spoke them. The hitherto unknown Val Mancini was now being alchemised, even before his impending death.

"And our dearest Minister Llewellyn, betrayed by her own servants and slaughtered in her home. She had long been an advocate of the rehabilitation of Norfolkian slaves, but this lenience was to cost her dearly as her own adopted daughter took a knife from the kitchen..."

As Dayne wrote off the lives of the four aristocrats, Colonel Gustave gripped the operator's shoulder and leaned over the thermal image. "Send Jerek's strike force in. I want all four mansions raided. Orders are to arrest on sight and shoot any who refuse the first warning."

<table><tr><td>
terminator_salvation_hunter_killer_.jpg
</td><td>Within the next ten minutes, a HK strikeforce was enroute to Park Heights. The first bombs struck the southern cordons, carving apart the buildings where Dante's Death Brigade had set up. Fire and smoke engulfed the streets, scattering civilians and police forces alike.<P>And to the north, Jerek's own squadron swooped down towards the Mancini Mansion, rappel lines deploying as fresh units of Custodians entered the fray.<p>Park Heights was about to have a very bad day...</td></tr></table>

[SUMMARY: After securing Grazer's notes on the Solomon Cyborg Programme, Thaddeus Dayne orders Jerek to take a full strike force against the Mancini Mansion and surrounding streets.]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbynhyCO1Z4"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Mancini’s Home; Park Heights, 2:52 PM EST

The sounds of explosions, especially from military weapons, can travel great distances.

“Shit and pile of it.” Ada thought to herself.

Jerry had more or less made the apparent arrest of Yuri and his companion easy work. If they stuck around, then they could be awarded for helping the Crusaders. However, the moment the governmental forces crossed the threshold, she could be shot for the simple fact that she was armed. Ada loved money and the very fact she enlisted to be on Mancini’s extended security forces for this month proved this fact. He was a wealthy bastard and promised 10,000,000 Commonwealth Units up front. She only got a quarter of it. So now she examined her options, stick around for the money and risk losing her head or retreat.

“Security Protocol 3444.000.222, a security android may not injure its overseer or, through inaction, allow its overseer come to harm when too many probabilities exist for the allowance of injuries to occur. This mission is aborted.” Jerry then rang out.

Turning around like a professional soldier, the android then marched towards the concealed location of Ada and easily plucked her out from behind one of the many Roman columns that surrounded the Mancini’s Mansion.

“Cancel that Protocol!” Ada demanded.

“Negative, pre-programmed Security Protocols cannot be over written when it violates the laws of fundamental….”

“You are a fucking pain in the ass at times. We have two prisoners, I ain’t letting a chance to get big bucks slip away from me again!!!!” Ada snapped.

“Agent 3000, I must insist that you follow my protocols.”

Without waiting for another command from Ada, Jerry placed the woman in his arms and easily leapt over the walls. It’s programming signaling the machine to head back towards the nearest Nova Corps safe house. If there was one thing in this war filled world that represented the highest level of security, it was the vast business empire controlled by a single man, David Edward Talbot.

The lives of Yuri and Anna would solely rest on if they had the will to move…

Inside the Mancini Mansion

Rhiannon had been left to stand guard over the impressive ball room that her master was currently housing Sahar and Dr. Amy in. The 00 looked indifferent to the events happening outside, gunfire was something she was used to because of all the underground drug trade empire that the Mancini’s controlled.

Sahar remained glaring at Rhiannon, all of her anger slowly focusing on the woman before her. She didn’t like this 00, there was no aura coming from her form; unlike that strange black haired male she met on the Tesla.

“How much longer are you going to hover around?” Sahar taunted her current antagonist, “Trust me, I don’t fear you. I don’t fear anyone. I’m the Messiah after all. I have the people behind me. What do you have? Oh wait.. You’re a slave. You’ll always take orders because you have no backbone.”

Rhiannon gave the teenager a dry look, this child was obviously spoiled beyond belief.

“Answer me!” Sahar snarled.

“That is enough Sahar.” Amy responded, “I thought you to be respectful of everyone around you.”

It was at this point of time that first sounds of massive explosions went off. First there was one, then two, followed by a continual sympathy of aryl death.

“They are coming for me. Big Brother Tobias loves me. I know this because I am no slave.” Sahar once again taunted Rhiannon, ignoring her mother.

"Answer me, or are you too scared to think for yourself?"

Location: Lynchwood Forest, vast area of pristine hunting grounds between the Swamps and Park Heights

He sat on a massive branch, blood covering his pasty lips. 02 had caught a rabbit, his stomach had been howling in hunger for the past few hours. The small animal had no idea what had hit it, 02’s wild man instincts granted him skills that no man had for generations.

“THE BLACK SUITS ARE FIGHTING!
SULFUR IS IN THE AIR.
THE SULFUR BURNS.
BLOOD IS BEING SHED.
THE SMELL IS EVERYWHERE.
THEY WANT HER.
THOSE FOOLS HAVE TAKEN HER!
WE SHALL KILL THEM.
FOR SHE IS OUR KIN.
SHE BELONGS TO NO ONE BUT US!”

Scarping what little meat that was left on the rabbit into his mouth, 02 soon tossed it aside. His grey eyes focused on the smell of sulfur left behind from the explosions of the Crusader aircraft decimating the towers Dante’s Death Brigade had set up shop. Snipers were no match to airpower. While it may have been overkill, the Crusaders were determined to show the population that they were strong and the sole source of protection. The Anarchists would be damned to hell.

"WE SHLL FIND HER.
SHE IS THE GLORY.
SHE IS THE WAY.
SHE IS THE KNOWLEDGE.
SHE MAKES US COMPLETE.
NO MODERN MAN UNDERSTANDS.
SHE IS THE TRUE POWER OF WHAT IS TO COME…"

Summary: Ada plans on sticking around in order to get more money for arresting both Yuri and Anna. However, she knows she’ll risk her own life in order to gain more capital. Jerry’s safety protocols come into effect because of the airships carpet bombing the region. Jerry grabs its master and leaps over the mansion’s walls, heading towards where ever the nearest Nova Corps safe house is. Yuri and Anna have been left to their own fate. Inside the mansion, Sahar continues to taunt 06, in attempts to force the woman to do something. If provoked, Sahar plans on defeating the older 00. Amy tells her to stop but Sahar refuses to listen. Meanwhile, 02 continues on his way towards the mansion to rescue Sahar. Since he has been cut off from her presence, his animal-like instincts are kicking in; however, the voices are well aware they are starting to near her location because of the overwhelming stench of sulfur in the air.

Loud explosions from outside the Mancini properties - worse yet, more on the actual grounds - were growing more frequent by the moment. Rhiannon stood firm, doing her best to ignore the child as she continuously threw out every insult imaginable. Of course she wouldn't blame her.. she was snatched away from her home and being held captive. She had every right to be mad.

Answer me, or are you too scared to think for yourself?

That final comment seem to strike a chord. Against her judgment, without even realized she was raising her voice, Rhiannon shouted back.

"Yes! Yes I am! Because not everyone has that freedom. Some of us have a purpose we are not allowed deny. So I hope you're right, little Messiah, and your rescue comes. Otherwise, you're going to discover just what it's like to be the pawn." The moment she was finished, she regretted her words. Spoken out of turn and yelled at a little girl. Taking a deep breath, Rhiannon turned on her heels and walked out of the ballroom. Sahar and Dr. Sherriden were left alone.

Rhiannon looked surprised when she stalked down the hall and nearly ran in to Val Mancini. He looked panicked, petrified. In his arms were a bunch of random belongings. "You! The entire fucking city has gone crazy. Make sure no one gets in to the house, and take the hostages somewhere safe!"

"But where are you-"

"Do it! I am packing up my things. I want out of here in fifteen minutes." Val Mancini took off running down the hall.

Rhiannon frowned. Was she supposed to fight off a mob of angry people? Soldiers too? The entire city of Semile? As well as protect their hostages and get them all to safety? That's what a slave was supposed to do.

Maybe she didn't want to be a slave anymore...

--

Amy Sherriden was feeling a great deal of remorse, but sympathy for a captor had to be brushed aside as she focused on their current problem. Whatever was happening outside, it was drawing nearer - right outside the walls. At any moment this safe could be flooded with the riots from outside. Amy needed to get Sahar away from here.

"Sahar, sweetie, we're going to escape. We've got to do it now before anyone else returns."

Sahar taunts Rhiannon 06 until she storms out. Mancini orders Rhiannon to handle "everything" while he tries to save his own skin. Rhiannon is rethinking doing what Mancini orders.

Amy tells Sahar NOW is the time to try and escape.

Yuri got to his feet, and wiped away the blood that was running into his eyes. "I am here to protect a very important package..... and thats exactly what I plan to do......" he looked at Anna for a second, his eyes wondering for a second but his face hardened and he began walking towards the mansion. "Funny you show up now.... when I didn't expect you to." his last sentence carried a quiet venom of the type only someone with his slight eastern european accent could manage.

He walked briskly to the side door and kicked to open going t the room where genesis was being held. "You!" he said pointing his muzzle at Sarah "No talking, we're getting out of here." he looked a mess covered in dirt and blood with the wooden stock on his rifle cracked. "Doctor I am asking you politely to keep Sarah under control, the soldiers outside would shoot both of you before bothering to find out who you were, if they ever did. I know where you'll be safe. I'm getting both of you out of here."

"WE'RE getting the both of you out of here," Anna said, showing up behind Yuri. "Did you really think I was just taking a stroll around here? I was sent to protect Genesis."
Anna flased a smile in the doctor and Sahar's direction. "He's right. We have to get you out of here, and fast."

Status
Not open for further replies.