PROJECT ➛ CRUSH

T

Tsunni

Original poster
yB3wMh0.png
Tired of looking for love? Lost without your significant other? Well, it's your lucky day, because PROJECT ➛ CRUSH has got a plan for you! Just complete the following surveys, and wait for your application to be processed. If you're a winner, you might just be lucky enough to win a trip to Sunfield, CA, for a prepackaged trip filled with romance, drama, and all the love in the world! Give your luck a try, and apply today!
When you first saw this advertisement, you probably thought it was a dumb idea: trivial, desperate, and altogether not actually the real deal. So as a joke, you filled out their ridiculous survey, and submitted in. You never expected to actually win the trip. You doubted it would be real, but when the plane tickets were confirmed, and you were on the plane to California, it seemed to be a dream come true.
You, along with seven other unique individuals, have been chosen to participate in PROJECT ➛ CRUSH, a new dating program designed by some higher up. For three months, you'll be living with these seven people in a mansion, which is equipped with all the right settings, servants, and environment to create the world's greatest gift: true love.
Are you willing to take the plunge?

by8P98i.png

utjIrWV.png
This is a medium-advanced semi relaxed roleplay, which in my terms means a roleplay that has no underlying plot (so feel free to do whatever!), but players should be able to pace appropriately, and create fleshed out characters that aren't very sue-like. Click here to see what I look for in a good character.
Please follow all ToS and Iwaku Roleplay Rules. Cursing is permitted, but don't make a sailor blush. Romance is also encouraged (very much so), but anything that gets too explicit will have to be done through PM or in the mature forums.

As a general reminder, please keep all OOC posts in the OOC, and keep drama in the IC, and out of the OOC.

I, as the GM, have the right to reject or accept your character for one reason or another. If you'd like to know those reasons, feel free to contact me.
by8P98i.png

S9mgzRx.png
The mansion is located on the outskirts of Sunfield, ten miles away from a beach. Below are links to floor plans of the house. Please ignore any typos made; these were created at two thirty in the morning. Thank you.
FIRST FLOOR

SECOND FLOOR

THIRD FLOOR

FOURTH FLOOR

FIFTH FLOOR

ROOF
by8P98i.png

KkWBJ87.png
Please fill out the following application and message it to me when finished with the title, "RE: CRUSH". Highlight the selected choice.
[IMAGE OF CHARACTER HERE. ANIME ONLY, PLEASE.]
BASICS

NAME: [Answer here]

DATE OF BIRTH: [Answer here]

SEXUAL ORIENTATION: [Answer here]

JOB: [Answer here]

MULTIPLE CHOICE

YOUR DATE JUST WALKED OUT ON YOU. WHAT'S YOUR REACTION?
A) SHRUG AND EAT THE FOOD ANYWAYS. NO NEED TO PUT THE GOOD STUFF TO WASTE.
B) BLUSH AND STUMBLE OUT THE DOORWAY.
C) CHASE AFTER THEM TO APOLOGIZE.
D) CHASE AFTER THEM TO BEAT THEM UP.

IT'S SATURDAY. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
A) ROCKING OUT TO YOUR MUSIC!
B) DANCING IT OUT AT THE CLUB.
C) STUDYING.
D) JUST CHILLIN' WITH YOUR BROS.

SOMEONE JUST ASKED YOU OUT! WHAT DO YOU DO?
A) FUMBLE AROUND, EMBARRASSED AND THINK OF WHAT YOU SHOULD SAY.
B) AGREE! IT'S THE MOST OBVIOUS CHOICE AFTER ALL.
C) YOU'RE NOT FOR THIS WHOLE ROMANTIC THING.
D) GIVE THEM A HUG!

SHORT ANSWER

WHAT DO YOU THINK MAKES YOU A GOOD PARTNER?
[Answer here]

WHAT DO YOU THINK MAKES YOU A BAD PARTNER?
[Answer here]

WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN YOUR PARTNER?
[Answer here]

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO AVOID IN A PARTNER?
[Answer here]

WHAT ARE SOME HOBBIES YOU LIKE TO DO?
[Answer here]

WHAT MADE YOU APPLY FOR THIS PROJECT?
[Answer here]
by8P98i.png

Last edited by a moderator:
RwD0Q0z.png
I would prefer to keep genders equivalent, so there should be four males and females in this roleplay.
FEMALE [PLAYED BY TSUNNI]
d8oySab.png
BASICS
NAME: Rosalie Thompson
DATE OF BIRTH: October 25th, 1994
SEXUAL ORIENTATION: I do believe that I prefer the male sex.
JOB: It's rather embarrassing for a lady of my age, but I don't have one.
MULTIPLE CHOICE
C) STUDYING.
D) GIVE THEM A HUG!
SHORT ANSWER
Well, I'm rather down to Earth and I've frequently been described as gentle and quiet. If you ask me, I believe that I am rather soft spoken, but have a lot of words to say if you'd just ask me to write them down. I'm well learned and knowledgeable; what else can you do when you're stuck in the hospital half the time you're alive? Books kept me from boring myself to death, and invited me into a world of information and fantasy. I'm very logical and can look at situations from a non objective standpoint, often finding the happy medium when others get into arguments. What other good things you could say about me, I'd say that I'm generally described as kind, but really, a lady must have her manners, shouldn't she?
Due to my lack of social interaction, I'm rather awkward when it comes to meeting new people and talking to them. Some people may pass this off as just being shy, but I do have a lot of information to share. If I become comfortable with you, then you may become subject to a rather long soliloquy, which may, in turn, annoy others. I'm rather dense as well, unable to comprehend certain human emotions. They're very complex, you know. Sometimes, I can't even understand my own self. LAst of all, my medical health proves to be a tough hurdle for most men to jump. Who even wants to come in contact with a homeschooled girl that has a weak body? I'm not able to participate in any physical activity, and it's hard for me to keep up with everyone else.
A man who is considerate and understands my troubles. He should be flexible and intellectual, being able to converse with me in an intelligent conversation that exercises both of our brainpower. I should hope that he will accept my medical conditions and support me in my endeavors to fit within the confines of the normal human society. I suppose he shouldn't be that strict or stiff, perhaps it would be to my benefit to be in a relationship with a male who knows how to relax and hang back sometimes.
A braggadocios male who believes that he is the most important being in the universe. Anyone with an ego that big should take a step back and reevaluate their life. All the same, I would rather not have a male who constantly dotes on me, as I am an independent individual who requires her personal space when the time comes. He should not think that his opinion is the most legitimate; a man who has too much knowledge will continue to think he is wise until it is pointed out that in thinking just that, he has become arrogant and unable to process knowledge to his greatest potential.
I prefer reading in my spare time, books which breach the edges of reality, or in short, metaphysics. I have just finished reading the literary masterpiece that goes by the name "House of Leaves", and it truly has been a journey through information that I have gone through. However, I must deign to admit that I do take the time to skim some...younger literary novels. Teen romance novels, if you will. They prove to be a good research material for my ongoing search to truly experience what this love is. I realize that I love literature, but that love does not seem to be equivalent to that of the passionate and dramatic romantic endeavors that are written about in those novels.
Love is a chemical reaction within your brain. When you begin to fall in love, you release dopamine, norepinephrine, and phenylethylamine, producing sweaty palms, an increased heartbeat, and a flushed face. When I read books, I do not have an increased heartbeat, sweaty palms, or a flushed face. I hope to find out the difference between the love that I have for knowledge, and the love that humans describe as the only thing you need to live.
FEMALE [PLAYED BY MURASAKI_SAMA]
digital-portrait-of-woman.jpg

BASICS
NAME: Vera "Verushka" Anatol'yevna Vladirmirskii
DATE OF BIRTH: October 14, 1986
SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Bisexual, but leaning strongly toward females at this point.
JOB: Owns and runs the Out of Time bookstore and antique shop.
MULTIPLE CHOICE
C) STUDYING.
D) GIVE THEM A HUG!
SHORT ANSWER
I am confident enough to know what I want; I'm not going to pull one of those stunts where I hesitate or feel the need to deceive my partner. You get me exactly as I am, and if you can't handle that, its not my problem. I can be affectionate and understanding, but I'm not going to smother you with sap and 'cuddles'. I believe in letting my partner have space when he or she needs it.
I am not very apologetic when I mess up. Also, I find it hard to understand or forgive idiocy, incompetency or cruelty (unintentional or note). People pretty much get one chance with me; they fuck it up, there is almost no chance of fixing it.
I don't need my partner to be as confident as I am, but it would be nice if he or she was at least a little bit together. I also like intelligence and a strong heart.
Stupidity is a big turn off. So is casual cruelty, like that found in bullies and other idiots. I also have to say that people who are super shy or antisocial make me feel more pity than attraction.
Oh, I have tons. I like to host small get togethers for my friends. I mean, I don't get big parties, because you don't know anyone, but small events are ~love! I also like to work with my hands, so I am can often be found either in the garden or in my work room, repairing or recovering old (or new) books. I like to read too, but only on quiet evenings when I've had just a little too much of the world. What I really love, though, is spending a good solid hour or three just talking with someone about their life.
To be honest? I was bored.
FEMALE [PLAYED BY NUEIN]

Yukari_zps5b721f07.png

5' 7" (171 cm) with black, layered hair and brown eyes. Her breast size is a 38-D Being Half-Japanese and Half-American, she can talk in Japanese and English. She is a near-fluent speaker of Spanish. She is an accomplish pianist, singer and photographer.
BASICS
NAME: Yukari Kogasa Endou
DATE OF BIRTH: November 29, 1988
SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Bisexual (Not sure at this point)
JOB: English Teacher at Painsley High School
MULTIPLE CHOICE
C) STUDYING.
D) GIVE THEM A HUG!
SHORT ANSWER
For starters, I think I try to work with whomever requests my facilitation. Having Aspergers, it is difficult for me to socialize correctly. I am very patient and forgiving when things don't go my way. I have learned that humans are humans; we do not have to be perfect. However, I am more than happy to show others respect.
When I do lay out opinions, I give out options, since I keep my mind open for flaws. Nobody is perfect, but if I get stressed out, I quit for the day. Sometimes, I try to lurk around to see what others are doing, and leave them alone (as to give personal space).
IF I see that they are violating some of the rules, I try to find the best way to call them out upon it. Also, I try to be as professional as possible whenever I work on certain projects. I can also give out vague compliments, and I am an understanding individual who can stir up a smile when necessary.
I am not the nicest woman on Earth, even if you tried your best to please me. Sometimes, I am passive-aggressive (in where I take things from you if I initially state "Yes" or tell someone why I hate them). Other times, I am overly social, and I might get in your way (even when I don't want to). In real life, I have certain "tics" that include picking my scabs (I know, it's a disgusting habit) or spacing out.
If you do not understand or dislike those with an Autism Spectrum Disorder then you might as well avoid me. Additionally, I am prone to having nervous breakdowns when my stress is to the extremes. Sometimes, I even ran out of the room, screaming because I was too stressed. As I have aforementioned, I do not tolerate those who sound condescending ("You should know what I'm talking about", for example). If you do sound condescending, I may ask "What kind of stuff should I know about?" as you might have been vague. But sometimes, But I do despise those who whine about not wanting something. I also turn away from those who use "Text Talk" on job applications or those who use "Worser" or "Betterer" as a habit.
I can be very indecisive upon my decisions, which can seriously hurt or even halt the project. But if I am manning a project, I do have an idea on what I want or what to expect. It might take a lot more time for me to generate a definite answer. My mind is like a traffic jam, making it easy to waste time when I mingle online.
During those moody, "female moments", I can act pissy and sometimes poke you so much, you may want to block my number or something similar.
Sometimes, I tend to play it safe whenever I decide someone is hurting or just playing around. When I make jokes or say things I probably shouldn't, I receive negative responses because of my choice of vocabulary. Generally, I like to give others three tries to redeem themselves. If they act too obnoxious, even to fluff up my feathers, I will not hesitate to discipline the person.
And at times, when I have nothing to say, I have an annoying (yes, I'm working on that) habit saying "Hello!" But I am trying to learn how to keep a distance. Personally, I blame my mother and father for being so affectionate to me. If someone kept doing that to me, I'd ignore them or punch them in the face. There's so much you can do with Anger.
I tend to look for those who wish to understand me a lot more, those who are intelligent, easy to talk to and those who follow the rules. When it comes to relationships, I'd want someone CLEAN.
Being sensitive to smoke, I refrain from having someone who smokes or has sex more than thrice a day. When I sound childish, I attract the wrong people.
It varies; I loke to go around with my family, read books, write out my own stories, and talking to people once in a while. Being a strong supporter for LGBT rights and the entire community, I have always dreamed being in a Pride Festival.
I had a couple boyfriends and girlfriends in the past; I have had a couple fetishists, and the one I preferred the most broke up with me in the end. I also have a sweater fetish, even though I'm terribly allergic to wool. I love chamomile tea with rose petals, even though it makes me sneeze! I also love reading books in the library. I also love to watch murder stories and painting.
Just to take my time to another level...I've had no luck with Craigslist.
FEMALE [PLAYED BY UNICORNX]
toaru_kagaku_no_railgun_by_soulnightwish-d5xbqi6.jpg
Disclaimer: Art belongs to its respective ownerBASICS
NAME: Camilla Forman
DATE OF BIRTH: May 21, 1991
JOB: Choreographer >> Electronic musician (part time)
MULTIPLE CHOICE
C) STUDYING.
D) GIVE THEM A HUG!
SHORT ANSWER
Not trying to boast or come off as egotistical, but everyone says I'm the kind of girl who isn't afraid to get what she wants, when she wants it and everything she desires for comes into play. I like to think of myself as an amiable and compassionate person, who'll be there when my partner needs me the most even for the wrongest of times. Of course, there's that one trait of mine which stands out most. After going through countless amount of significant others and what have you, I've come to realization that not only am Iactually quite picky in the love department, but once I've finally meet the right person and for the right reasons, I-I. . . I sort of get a little possessive. Ah. Not to the point of being overly clingy or irritable - god no! I'm super awesome!
Um. What.
Is this even considered a valid question to begin with?
I'm amazing, don't waste the chance of opportunity to hook up with me!
Well, if there is a reason a relationship doesn't work out is because supposedly it's something to do with my high self-confidence and arrogant nature. . . whatever the fuck that means. Pfft. I guess it just means I'm perfect and they're not~ Tee hee.
I like a yummy boy who knows what's up and how to properly cook something fancy for me~
Hehe. Ever heard of the term; opposites attract? I'm into that kind of romance myself.
If you deny my request of any kind, there will be more to come than just a small tantrum from me.
Ah! Finally a reasonable question! I'm into dancing, creating dub-steps and eating sweets~
WHAT MADE YOU APPLY FOR THIS PROJECT
For entertainment purposes~
MALE [PLAYED BY E-CLAIR]
uvVbDbh.jpg

NAME: Ellis Reed, b-but can you call me Ellie?​
DATE OF BIRTH: 7th/May/1991...I think...
SEXUAL ORIENTATION: I l-like girls?
JOB: I run a little cake shop. And I do a lot of the baking too. You could visit sometime! :)
C) *STUDYING.
*Studying new cake recipes.
Somebody w-who is honest, and loyal...
Um, I d-don't want to be mean, but...s-somebody who isn't very caring, and i-is **oblibious to my feelings...
**I spelled it how he'd say it.
I d-don't really look for partners...but if s-somebody was asking me out t-then...somebody who I c-can talk to easily, a-and helps m-me when I'm **embarust...
**Again, spelled how he'd say it.
People who s-swear a lot...and shout...
Cakes~! I love reading about cakes, designing cakes, baking cakes, and decorating cakes! Cakes are the best!
W-well...most people thing I'm a g-girl....so it's hard to d-date girls...I did t-try becoming more manly, b-but it didn't really work...I-I even took classes on being manly...it's n-not really in my nature though...
MALE [PLAYED BY OVERCAST]

IlFM0VV.png

NAME: Preston Matthews
DATE OF BIRTH: January 9th, 1992
SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Straight
JOB: Marketing
MULTIPLE CHOICE
C) STUDYING.
D) GIVE THEM A HUG!
SHORT ANSWER
That's a pretty broad question, I guess its hard to answer. I guess you could say that I have good work ethic, if that counts for anything. I'm faithful and trustworthy, and on time. I'm very open minded.
My work is a bit time consuming, and is exhausting, but not to the point where I can't function when I come home. I don't have buddies to hang out with after work, because that isn't how my profession works.
Smarts, for one. I really like a girl than can keep up with me. I like a girl who is pretty too, that always helps.
I don't like a girl who is naïve. I like a girl who stands up for herself.
I like to play golf. I also like to cook.
Why did anyone? To find their soulmates.
MALE [PLAYED BY JACEN]
41gmc

BASICS
NAME: Jacen Eirsith
DATE OF BIRTH: 1/18/1994
SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Heterosexual
JOB: Information Technology and Systems Analyst
MULTIPLE CHOICE
C) STUDYING.
D) GIVE THEM A HUG!
SHORT ANSWER
I'm honest, trustworthy, I'm open...but at the same time I know to respect boundaries and set limits. When in a relationship, I'm easygoing but at the same time I expect a 50/50 effort...so if I'm not doing what I need to do, I'll handle it. And if she isn't, I'll talk with her tactfully to make sure everything's alright and that she can do what she needs to do. I believe in compromise and not having to hide things.
I'm easily annoyed by something I deem irrational...so if there's an argument and I can't see a logical reason behind why she's upset, I'll be upset and wonder why she's really upset. I'll ask questions, but I'll say something along the lines of "that doesn't make sense". I can be patient, but I need her to be honest with me...if there's a problem, let me know there's a problem and don't shrug it off as nothing.
An easygoing lady. One who knows how to handle her business and be serious when it's time, but who also knows how to hang back and enjoy herself. I can adapt and go with the flow, but I just want someone who's compatible. She doesn't have to be exactly like me, but I'd like some common ground. Someone who shares a few of my hobbies, music choices, favorite foods, etc. Looks are important, but the personality and brains are what make the deal. She doesn't have to be a genius, but I want to be able to hold a conversation with her. Physical characteristics don't matter much, I don't discriminate based on body types.
Someone with control and material attachment issues. Constant calls and texts wondering where I am/who I'm with, even if I'm where I usually am like work. When they get too attached to what I have, and what I can get them instead of being with me. When they're more focused on the perks of being with me, I should say. I also avoid a woman that can't take care of herself. You don't have to look like a model or anything, but knowing how to be presentable and to carry yourself as how you'd like to be treated. I don't want to date someone that thinks they're a queen, but carries themselves in a trashy, or unkempt manner.
I like to browse the internet for articles, read, play video games in my off time, watch movies and take walks. Spring days, winter nights, fall evenings, etc. Sports on the weekends, and I love to cook.
Basically, there was a bet around the office to sign up for a dating site of some sort and see who could get the most hits. I'm not hurting for a relationship, but at the same time it'd be nice to have company. I'm not into going to clubs, I don't like random blind dates, and I did want to try something new. I chose this because it looked like it was actually based on people getting to know each other...rather than a site for cheap flings and one night stands. If I'm looking to find love, I might as well start with the project that has it as the main aim.
MALE [PLAYED BY UNICORNX]
tumblr_mpswx9WC5R1s6w9k6o1_500.jpg

Disclaimer: Art belongs to its respective owner.
BASICS
NAME: Alvaro Pierce
DATE OF BIRTH: April 20, 1993
SEXUAL ORIENTATION: There are times where he may appear attracted to the opposite sex, yet there are times where he may appear disinterested to the opposite sex. Basically, heterosexual >> asexual.
JOB:Veterinarian
MULTIPLE CHOICE
C) STUDYING.
D) GIVE THEM A HUG!
SHORT ANSWER
What is this unbelievable blasphemy? Are you trying to imply that there are chances of me not being suitable enough for anyone's taste? Pfft. How subtle of you ~ But of course, take a quick glance around your surroundings and you'll notice just how much of an eye-catching prick I really am. ;)
Ah, but let's not get too jumpy over such trivial information because I believe self-confidence, patience, and pride keeps me hanging at the top.
Eh. Possibly the sad truth of me being unable to express sexual attraction towards another person unless I feel somewhat of a 'strong' connection with a specific person, be it romantically or emotionally. Unfortunately it hasn't happened to me once and I've yet to experience such feelings. But who's really into all that hopeless romantic crap?
. . . . . What.
Oh. Uh.
Well, for one I don't like being bothered with so I'd appreciate the constant need to be left alone in silence. Of course, a little interaction here and there wouldn't hurt to give a go. I'm not a recluse. . . . just preferring solitude over 'lively gatherings'.
Ah. The exact opposite of what's mentioned above. ^^ Please don't be a pansy. There's nothing more that annoys me beyond hell than an optimistic girl insisting me into doing something I obviously have no interest in doing.
Three things; sleeping under the blissful sound of pouring rain, grooming animals, and eating hearts.
I'm being dead serious about the third answer.
. . . . Why else? For the dirty kink!

by8P98i.png

B4wBRpU.png
Let's risk it all.
THE WEATHER TODAY:
[SUNNY AND HOT]
EVENTS:
[N/A]
by8P98i.png

[THE TIME IS 10:32 AM]

All of the participants in PROJECT ➛ CRUSH have been flown from their original locations to Sunfield. After picking up their luggage, these participants were driven by van to the location of the mansion, and have arrived there accordingly. All participants are present, and are greeted by an unnamed butler.

"Greetings, my name is Chester, and I am the main butler of the house. I will now explain to you the locations in the house."

Great. Now he has a name.

"The living room is just past the door in front of you, and contains a various array of things needed for entertainment, whether it be a television, video game consoles, books, and a piano. Right of the living room is the dining hall, in which meals are encouraged (but not enforced). There is a hallway leading from the dining hall to the kitchen, along with a green house to the far right of the building."

He gestures as he speaks, giving the participants the grand tour of the mansion, "Each floor has a lounge and contains three completely furnished bedrooms and three bathrooms as well. Each bathroom is comprised of a bathtub, toilet, sink, and medicine cabinet. Floors two and three are reserved for females while floors four and five are reserved for men. The roof contains a pool, gym, and locker room."

Chester leaves the participants in the living room of the mansion, "Well then, I will be on my way now. If you need anything, there is a butler/maid call button in every room. It should look like an arrow.

Roleplayers are encouraged to read this post before posting.

Ellis was still stunned by the grandness of the mansion. It was the largest place he'd ever been, not to mention the most intricate and expensive. The roof's swimming pool especially took his breath away. Ellis couldn't believe he'd won a trip to such an amazing place in California as part of some weird dating programme. Speaking of which, Ellis wasn't exactly sure of what he was supposed to do in this 'Project Crush' thing. Was he supposed to just pick one of the girls here and try to date her? Was it like Big Brother, with secret cameras watching them do stupid things? Both options sounded a bit scary. So, Ellis decided to awkwardly wait for someone else to do some thing first.

Preston looked around himself, analyzing the first floor. After Chester had finished his speech, he casually walked his way up the stairs. It was rather unreal, this whole ordeal. A simple joke turned into a life changing event. Would this be televised? He was at floor four, by the time he finished thinking. He again looked around. It was as Chester had said, the room layout, that is. There was rooms, bathrooms, and a lounge. He took the room closest to the stairs. He brought only a small suitcase, and was wearing a fancy suit.

How...interesting, to say the least. She hadn't expected much out of her irrational behavior when filling that survey out, but to find herself in a legitimate mansion...well, it was quite the surprise. This mansion was a bit smaller than the one she'd had at home, but Rosalie reasoned that she would get used to it. After the tour, Rosalie found herself in a bit of a situation: where was she to go? She wasn't one for socialization, nor one for activities in the pool (she'd catch a cold if she did that), so what exactly was she to do? After a minute of speculation and debate, she reached a conclusion.
The female made her way to the living room, where bookcases were lined up on each side of the wall. Her eyes skimmed each title, rejecting each book, with the reason of either the fact that she'd read it before, or the title just seemed boring.
Three bookshelves later, Rosalie had located a book that was called Nubivagance: A Story of Drifting Among Clouds, by one Astrid Esme, which seemed to be a promising memoir. She found a couch at the south side of the room, and plopped down on it, opening the novel and quickly becoming engrossed in it.

Yukari grew so envious over the crowd of people. The tall woman saw just how extravagant the living room appeared to be. It was a hot day, so she wore a sleeveless sweater with flared khaki pants. Yukari sniffled preemptively as she looked at the blue sky out the window. As Chester the Butler introduce the group to the mansion, Yukari sighed as he felt a bit of the chill go down her back. She didn't know how or why she was selected for this particular scenario. Yukari felt a bit of the breeze as she was going from the pool to the top of the mansion. Yukari felt her heart pacing; she was definitely not into such things at this present time.

Jacen looked to his rolling suitcase and watch, it was still rather early and he had plenty of the day left. He opted to head to a room and get his things situated before socializing with the others.
Good amount of people here...I wonder who's going to make the first move, lord knows I won't do it. I should probably just hang out at the pool or something after introducing myself...it's rather hot today.
He pulled at his shirt collar before grabbing his suitcase and walking to the 4th floor.

Seeing everyone else leave for their rooms, Ellis decided to follow suit. He climbed all the way up to the fifth floor, then, slightly out of breath, chose the nearest bedroom. Even the bedroom's beauty stunned him, with it's shining mahogany drawers, and plush, king-sized bed. Ellis hurriedly unpacked the few belongings he'd taken, then flopped onto the bed. After rolling around in the fluffy duvet for a minute, Ellis decided he actually needed to do something. Swimming didn't appeal to him on such a warm day, with the possibility of his fair skin being burnt. Exercise wasn't really Ellis' thing, and socializing... Well it could wait till dinner, when Ellis was more relaxed in this unfamiliar environment. So Ellis decided to do what he always did- he made his way downstairs again, to ask if he could do some baking.

If June night could talk,...
Vera Vladirmirskii

Vera looked around at the other members of this little experiment while she listened with half an ear to the butler. They were all children, she realized, and not one looked mature enough to be thinking about their soul mate. Of course, that almost made sense, if this was some sort of reality tv joke and not a real attempt to pair people. Oh well, she thought with a mental sigh, she could at least enjoy the chance to make new friends.

As soon as Chester was done talking, Vera took her bags upstairs to the second floor. She choose the first room, near the stairs, tossed her stuff on the bed. She would unpack later. Right now, she wanted to go meet her housemates.

When she got back downstairs, she noticed at least half of the guests were gone, no doubt choosing their own rooms. As she walked around, making a mental note of everyone's location, she wondered what would be the best ice breaker to initiate. Was a movie night too sedate? Game night too rowdy? Maybe just a fun conversation over dinner? Who was cooking anyway, Chester maybe?

...It would probably boast it invented romance.

When Ellis had almost made it to the bottom of the stairs, he found another guest waiting there, a female one. Panicking, Ellis tripped down the last step, and fell flat on his face. "Great way to introduce yourself," he thought, picking himself of the floor, and brushing invisible dirt off his shirt. Then he turned to her, intending to talk to her. After a minute of blushing while doing a guppy fish impression, Ellis eventually squeezed out a vague, "H-Hi, I'm Ellie..." He awkwardly smiled at the girl, wondering what he was supposed to do now, and if it was appropriate to ask this girl if she knew where Chester was. Her presence was actually a bit unsettling for Ellis, so he started looking at his feet, wishing he'd just stayed in his room until dinner.