1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
image.jpg

(Clears throat, speaks in a deep voice. Text on screen scrolls as narration continues)

Long ago, in the distant land of the Internet, there was a group of Internet gamers. They were known as "Project 64" and worked hard to produce comedic reviews and playthroughs of games, both old and new.

They were led by the marvellous, totally awesome and extremely handsome, "mr_pibbs", the first reviewer who came up with the idea for Project 64 after he saw some videos and said "Hey, I can do that too!" With an aptitude for gaming and poorly written comedic dialogue for a cheap laugh, mr_pibbs (or Pibbles, as he is often called) ventured to the furthest corners of his college dorm and found his new employees: his friends!

Now, having spent the past 3 years out of college (they all dropped out), they've built up quite the reputation within the Internet. They attend conventions, upload new videos every day (or week, depending on the style), and participate in a larger gaming community with various events like charities or the occasional product-plug.

One day, rather unexpectedly, mr_pibbs sends out an invitation to the members of Project 64:

Hey guys.

As you know, the Project 64 4th Year Anniversary is coming up soon (YAY!) so I was thinking of a kick-ass way to celebrate it. Then, it hit me: THE ULTIMATE GAMING TOURNAMENT!

Now, why are we holding this tournament? For two reasons: To prove to the fans once and for all who the "Greatest Gamer" is (as part of our group's running-joke), and also to celebrate not only the anniversary of the website's publishing date, but to celebrate the fans for sticking with us through everything! We're all going to gather at my apartment in New York for a Four Day Marathon! Non-Stop, 96 hours straight, all live-streamed, and any proceeds from the videos is split up, then goes towards four different charities, each with their own purposes!

Seeing as how we made "P64: The Movie" last year (btw, a sequel is in the works for next year), this year we can really do something to benefit others. I expect to hear from you guys by this time next week, and it hope you guys can all make it!

Ps. Screw you if you think 96 hours is too long, just drink lots of caffeine. We're doing it for the fans and those in need, people, not for us... Okay, a little bit for us.

~ Pibbles

Busting out the Atari 2600, NES, Sega Genesis/CD, Super Nintendo, Gameboy, DS, PSP, Dreamcast, N64, Playstation, Xbox, Tablets and their Laptops, the group prepares for the greatest four day and 96 hour tournament of the champions, to see which one among them is the ultimate gamer! Loaded with a keg of beer, energy drinks, pop, chips, and enough order-in pizza to choke a Ninja Turtle, those Internet Gamers were ready for anything... Except what happened next.

The enormous amount of items plugged into the back of mr_pibbs' television and wall socket behind it, has been consuming extreme amounts of energy. After the power overloaded, one of the reviewers discovered a mysterious generator which mr_pibbs had never seen before. They ignored the strange circumstances surrounding the power generator as one of the gamers plugs it into the power socket. What followed next, was a shocking event: a powerful vortex burst through the television and rapidly began to suck in the Internet Gamers. Once the wormhole sealed, they discovered that the event had warped them to a world which they thought was purely fictional: the Virtual World of the "Datacore". Upon their arrival in this strange world within the TV, they discovered that the only way to leave is by gathering many mystical artifacts. The only way they can recover those artifacts, is by defeating the "Bosses" at the end of the level in each game world. These so called "Game Masters" are equipped with technology and items from each world, giving them certain skills to help conquer the Ultimate Gamer Challenge.

Armed to the teeth and ready to face the challenge of the game world before them, the Title Screen comes up, playing an epic pixel tune, preparing them for the awesomeness that lays ahead. As the opening cutscene to the game ends, a sole option appears on the massive door before them, containing the portals to the game worlds:

Press_Start_by_Mentis_Rasa.jpg

So, as you've probably guessed by the little overview I've written up, this RP will centre around a group of Internet gamers who are pulled into a video game world. In order to escape, they must defeat the many Level Bosses and recover many mystical artifacts. Think something along the lines of "Captain N: The Game Master" and "Sword Art Online" in terms of how the worlds and game-level systems work.

This will combine elements from our favourite gaming companies (Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, SEGA, Capcom, ect) and our favourite game series (Super Mario, Little Big Planet, Halo, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, and more!) This will be a very relaxed and comedic RP, where the characters simply try to interact with the worlds around them and most likely get into all kinds of jams (ex. In the Kirby world they would argue over killing the adorable enemies, while the Killzone world would reluctantly pit them against each other in a randomly generated death battle). Some worlds will change them and allow them upgraded versions of their hear (ex. Going to Skyrim will make all the equipment more medieval based, while landing on Planet Zebes will force the weapons and armour to become as futuristic as humanly possible).

Now then, here's some basic rules to follow when playing the game:

1. No GMing. We don't want any Mary-Sues or Gary-Sues

2. Maximum of 3 Active Characters per person. Any more needs approval by a GM

3. Characters can and probably WILL die, but please ASK somebody before you attempt to kill their character rather then just say "Your guy is dead."

4. Keep it PG-13!! Romance and Lovey-Dovey stuff is fine, as well as the occasional innuendo, but take smut scenes to PM, please. Also, violence is allowed, but please don't rip out a guys entrails and hold them above his head while he slowly dies. We're not monsters (well, not all of us)

5. Some scenes will be time skipped if they drag on too long/get too boring, but most of the time we will RP things through.

6. Each member of the RP, unless you play an existing game character, is a Game Master and will play through the worlds with the group to escape the game.

7. Your character cannot have any GM abilities.

8. Post at least two paragraphs each time (more is fantastic)

9. GM posts will be announced (these include plot movers, special events or even the death/introduction of a new character)

10. If you got this far, here's a cookie *hands cookie*. Also, include the name of your favourite game character in your "Other" section so I know who's read the rules.

11. Please make PvP combat fair. It really sucks when somebody unleashes their ultimate power and freezes the other person's foot to the floor, then proceed to just punch the crap out of their immobile opponent. In addition, GM moves will NOT be allowed inside PvP combat unless approved/announced in a GM event.

12. Enjoy the RP to the best of your ability!!

Now, here's the two CS's you can choose from. After a certain point in the RP, I'll stop accepting Game Master sheets:

Also, for your listening pleasure, please enjoy this catchy-as-hell Main Menu Music!

Image of Character: (include their regular appearance, as well as their Game Master outfit)

Name:

Nickname:
(optional)

"Game Master" Title:

Chosen Game Mastery:
(Mario, LBP, Final Fantasy, ect. Your selected game mastery will define your powers/abilities. An example would be if you picked Mario, you could jump higher then other characters and be able to adopt the various jobs Mario has gotten in the past, but you won't be able to use weapons like somebody who chose Zelda. Also, try to avoid having similar/the same game masteries as other characters. I'll expand upon this if prompted)

Preferred Weapon(s)/Power-Up(s): (if any, based on your Game Mastery)

Sample Post: (Minimum: 2 Paragraphs. But I'd like more. Just take a moment from their daily lives and put it here)

Other: (include any additional information you want. Maybe a catchphrase that your character says, or their favourite video game).

Image of Character: (feel free to include a new design you feel would work for them if you don't like the current one. If they have different costumes like armour, include an image of that as well).

Name:

Nickname:
(optional)

Game Of Origin:
(What series are they from?)

Preferred Weapon(s)/Power-Up(s): (if any)

Sample Post: (Minimum 2 Paragraphs. But I'd like more)

Other: (include any additional information you want. Maybe a catchphrase that your character says, or their personal thoughts on the "Game Masters")

1. Sora1297 - Dylan Robertson / "mr_pibbs"

Now, here's a list of game worlds which we will be going through! I'll be editing this as more are added and cross out the ones we've already been to.

• Super Mario
• Sonic the Hedgehog
• The Legend of Zelda
• Mega Man
• Double Dragon
• Metroid
• Castlevania
• Street Fighter (or) Tekken
• Harvest Moon
• Contra
• Kirby
• Yoshi's Island
• Donkey Kong
• Battletoad's
• Mortal Combat
• F-Zero
• Final Fantasy
• Portal
• Pokémon
• Pikmin
• Chrono Trigger
• Halo
• Minecraft
• World of Warcraft
• Disgeaea
• Earthbound
• The Nonary Game from Zero Escape
• The Stanley Parable
• Civilizations
• League of Legends
• The Sims
• Fable
• Secret of Mana
• Metal Gear
• Miscellaneous Internet Flash Games
• Mass Effect
• Katamari Damacy
• Little Big Planet
• Star Fox
• Luigi's Mansion
• Super Smash Bros
• Grand Theft Auto
• Elder Scrolls

With that in mind, let the games begin!

Dylan

image.jpg

Hero's Tunic

image.jpg

Name:

Dylan Robertson

Nickname: (optional)

"mr_pibbs" (online username), Dyl.

"Game Master" Title:

"The Hero of Time"

Make

Chosen Game Mastery:

Link from the Legend of Zelda

Preferred Weapon(s)/Power-Up(s):

The Master Sword and Hylian Shield

f7bUhZZXqYi8kBQKiC3a2bbNNEPjYrZwRy9T61f13E-9wTIfsWa14FeNBCtpl0YFyr6Djn8-4QOkPDDsX7RabFDruuDn7y4o6B6VPP-6NnI5qBNZhZBZaJW5bue5OeAKBn0LaC2t3Tih8wk=w354-h515-nc

And, of course, his 8
Bow and Arrows (with Hawkeye)

Hero%27s_Bow_%28Twilight_Princess%29.png

Hawkeye.png

Bombs

Bomb_%28Twilight_Princess%29.png

Gale Boomerang

Gale_Boomerang.png

Double Clawshot

Double_Clawshots.png

Iron Boots

Iron_Boots_%28Twilight_Princess%29.png

Spinner

Spinner.png

Ball and Chain

Ball_and_Chain_%28Twilight_Princess%29.png

Ocarina of Time

Ocarina_of_Time.png

Sample Post:

"WHAT?! FIVE THOUSAND BUCKS FOR A GUITAR?!"

"Well, sir, it is a vintage Les Paul's, used by Slash himself. It even has the signatures from all the members of "Guns'n'Roses" right on the back. See?"

"But still, five thousand? Its an old guitar, its already been used, and its got some "road miles on it", if you know what I mean. Couldn't you settle for fifty dollars, or maybe five hundred?"

"I'm sorry sir, but I can't lower the price. I'm not making any money off of it, Slash is.. Look, if you buy it, I'll throw in a free amplifier and you can pick out a guitar pick of your own. I'll also give you 20% off your next purchase."

"... Fuck. I really shouldn't, but at the same time, I really like that guitar... Fuck."

Ca-CHA CHING!

"Would you like a carrying case to go with it, sir?"

"Sure, why not."

"Then that'll bring the total price up to $5050."

God dammit..

"Are you paying with cash or credit, sir?"

"(sigh) Credit.."

~~~~​

Exiting the hobby shop, Dylan took in a breath of fresh air as he went over the consequences that would arise thanks to his reckless purchase. We can forget about Chinese Food Wednesday, and the rent is gonna be late again.. Damn it Dylan, why do you always do this stupid shit close to Rent Day? the young man thought as he cursed the latest in a long line of stupid transactions he had made. Adjusting the heavy instrument in his hands, Dylan realized he should have just gotten a delivery boy to ship the stuff to his apartment. The combined weight of both the Amplifier and the guitar itself was enough to make his lanky arms tired in minutes. Dylan was never the "strong man", but even in the past he had been able to carry heavy stuff before. This feeling of exhaustion was on par with the feeling you'd get trying to hold an anvil over a cliff while balanced on a tiny China dinner plate. All while wearing nothing but your underpants and a series of weights tied to your chest. It seemed outlandish, but that's how Dylan felt: outlandish.

C'mon Dyl, you can do this mate.. And, HEAVE! the man thought as he lifted the heavy objects into the air respectively. The strain on his arms was starting to make them sore and he knew he had to move quickly before he dropped the $5050 worth of merchandise. This stuff cost him a fortune, so he would be pissed if he let it break before he got the chance to use it once. Like the epic, heroic beast of a man he was, Dylan hobbled like a mentally challenged penguin all the way to his bicycle. Gently placing the expensive guitar and amplifier on the ground, Dylan unlocked the chain attaching his bike to a lamppost and shoved it into his pocket. Then, the realization of a more serious issue dawned upon him: how the hell was he going to get home with all this crap, on a bicycle, one of Man's "easiest-to-flip-over-and-fall-off-of" modes of transportation. Shit. I can't seem to win today, can I? Grabbing his iPhone, Dylan quickly searched up the number for his best friend and roommate, Thomas, and clicked it. Holding the phone to his ear, Dylan waited for Tom to pick up.

"Hey dude."

"Tom, hey."

"You've reached Thomas.. I'm not in the casita right now so leave your low down at the ding dong, asta."

"Hey Tom, its Dylan. Listen, I'm kind of in a pickle right now. Could you come and pick me up? I'm at the corner of-"

You have reached the voicemail system.

Dylan sighed before he continued speaking. "Ok, ok...come on."

To leave a message, just wait for the tone.

"I know how to leave a god damn message."

When you are finished recording, just hang up, or push pound for more options.

"Really hang up? No shit... I was just going to keep on talking till he decided to check his voicemail."

For delivery options, press 5.

Dylan grunted in frustration before he continued once more.

"Just give me the damn beep!"

To leave a call back number, press 6. To page this person, press 7.

"COME ON!"

To repeat this message, press 8.

"I will fucking stab you computer phone lady!"

To mark this message as urgent, press 11.

"There is no 11 you fucking whore!"

Hanging up angrily before the automated voice could continue, Dylan scrolled through the list of names on his phone once again. Eventually he found Jean, Thomas' girlfriend. Clicking her name, Dylan took a deep breath and tried to calm down. Thomas never answered his phone and right now, Dylan needed him to. "Hey, Jean? You there?"

BOOP

You have reached the voicemail system.

"OH COME ON!"

To leave a message, just wait for the tone.

Before the entire one-sided argument could continue, Dylan shut off his phone, closed his eyes, and took a couple of deep breaths to calm down. Once he finally found himself relaxing, Dylan opened his eyes and looked at the newly purchased equipment. "Well.. Looks like I'm out of options. May as well call a cab.. Dylan thought before he grabbed the handle of his bike and clicked the button to make it fold up. Manually folding bikes, god how Dylan loved technology. When he had everything set and ready for the drive home in a taxi, Dylan walked (and dragged his stuff) to the curb to wave down a cabbie.

Other:

Dylan is the leader of "Project 64". He is also a great thinker and can easily figure our Puzzles (but it still takes time)

Toad is love, Toad is life.

Last edited:
Image of Character:
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/72/ff/49/72ff49f4407f5110e71c6e540d1f0681.jpg

Wears Cole MacGrath's bike courier jacket:http://www.leathercult.com/images/jackets/infamous_mcgrathjack_1.jpg

Name: Daniel Gallius

Nickname: Danny, His Majesty. Username: Nerdking527

GM Title: The 'Lectric Man

Chosen Game: InFamous

Preferred Weapons: The Amp, his powers.

Sample Post:
Danny let out a groan. "Damnit. Completed most of my college requirements in high school, and I still cannot beat the stupid water temple. Stupid iron boots." He tossed the N64 controller on the couch next to him. He pushed himself off the couch, heading over to the pantry and pulling out a bag of cat food. Scooping a cup into the bowl he called for his drooly dunce of a house cat. "Lion-O! Dinner!" He called out, jingling the kibble around in the small bowl. His cat 'ran' over. His cat didn't run anywhere anymore, but he moved as quickly as he was able.

After that, he rummaged through the fridge for his own dinner. As he pulled the box from yesterday's Claim Jumper dinner, he made the LoZ chest opening theme. Then he sat down and said to his cat, "Tomorrow's a big day for me Lion-O. I've got a bajillion hours of gaming to get through." He paused for a moment, "I'll be hitting the sack early for once." And with that, he finished the rest of his food and went to bed.

Other:

Is there more to that sheet? Just asking because it looks a bit short.

I don't have much to put in the "Items and power ups" section. Infamous didn't have much in the way of either. Cole had innate powers that he used in his adventures.

Eh, fair enough. The sample showed you're good to join this RP anyways. Just asking.

Welcome aboard! ^^

Is this limited to OC or are we allowed to play as popular YouTubers?

I would say OC's, but you can base them off of YouTubers. My guy is based off PBG, so you can work with that.

What do you mean?

Well, as I said: you can base them off of YouTubers.

Meaning, you can create an OC version of that specific character. Like, they can have the same/similar personalities, but they need to have a different name and appearance (unless you really like how they look).

Okay. With that, I try my best.

Image of Character:
Can't really do an image... Anyway, she's 5'6", has black hair in a bun, busty, tanned skin, green eyes, and she's pretty smooth so she must shave a lot. Her common outfit is a violet t-shirt with a grey leather jacket, some denim jeans, and black sneakers. Oh, she also has glasses.

In her game master outfit, she has Desmond's t-shirt and white hoodie along with a necklace with an Assassin insignia charm, her hidden blade, and a backpack. her pants, shoes, hairstyle, and glasses stay the same.

Name: Lori Jensen

Nickname:
Jenny

"Game Master" Title: The Animus

Chosen Game Mastery:
Assassin's Creed

Preferred Weapon(s)/Power-Up(s): Hidden Blade (with hidden gun and poison), sword, dagger, crossbow, bomb, poison darts, parachutes... When she is in the middle of a group of 4 or more or sitting on a bench in the middle of two other people, she will blend, appearing as if she isn't there. Also, Eagle vision is available; meaning that when used enemies glow red, allies glow bright blue, hiding spots glow white, targets glow yellow, everything else appears navy blue. When in use, her irises turn yellow.

Sample Post:
Another day, another play-through of Sunset Overdrive. If Lori's face says anything, she's pretty unimpressed. "'Awesome.' No, I think not," she snarks. "Stop with that ego. You're only gonna inflate it to the point that you'll float away." Yeah, she hates the game. But she still has to play it. Weekly criticism isn't gonna progress when nothing gets done. Then after this she has to get a friend up on Skype to continue planning their next gaming duel. For now, she's sitting there with that look of no amusement.
A ding comes from her laptop. Oh great. Another e-mail. She lets out a loud "UGH" before going to check. Oh boy, another hate mail. For get it- Oh great, another? What's this- "Fucking hell, when will these blokes stop bugging me?!" she exclaims. "Stop pestering me! 'Review this!' 'Review that!' You know what? Fuck you, too." And with that, she heads back to her game with a now bitter look on her face. Even if all of that vile comes at her like a colony of wasps after it's hive got knocked down, what can she do? She get's paid well for this job!

Other: I read the rules so I shall put my favorite character: Commander Video from the BIT.TRIP Saga.
Lory has a British accent and can be pretty sarcastic. And an asshole.

Forgive me. I type short paragraphs.

Looks pretty good to me! Accepted!

Is there a profanity rule for this? Because I pictured Danny being a passionate foulmouth like myself.

Oh, hey, my favorite character is...Oh god. I have no idea. Maybe GlaDOS? This is a hard question.

Kim.Hee.Chul.600.1772379.jpg

scribblenauts-outfit-with-rooster-hat-and-pencil-tabbed.jpg

Name: Felicity Whitaker

Nickname: shewholaughslast (username), Shi (Considered Swoll, and in the end, it just sounds ridiculous)

"Game Master" Title: The Artist

Chosen Game Mastery: Maxwell, from Scribblenauts

Preferred Weapon(s)/Power-Up(s): Colossal sword, sketchbook and pencil (can create or modify objects)

Sample Post
"NO! Don't you dare!" That was Andy's reaction when he saw exactly what power-up Felicity had gotten. The two were playing Mario Kart together, since Felicity had agreed to babysit her neighbor's son, and they had been neck and neck through most of the race. When they were on the homestretch, Felicity had fallen to second place, and Andy seemed to think that he had won. At least, until he heard Felicity chuckle...and saw the blue shell she had.

Felicity continued smiling. It was easier to concentrate when she didn't have to say anything to her opponent. Her finger hovered over the button; should she, or shouldn't she? She wouldn't have given it any thought against her Project 64 partners, but Andy was both nice and really competitive, so Felicity did feel somewhat guilty.

Oh, why not? I'll let him win this one. He's more fun to play with when he's happy. And I can always play against someone else without showing them mercy. Felicity tapped just below the button. Her face changed to one of mock confusion. "Huh? Wait, the button isn't work-"

"WOOHOO!" Andy fist-pumped the air; he had just crossed the finish line. "Uh, sorry, what did you say?"

"Oh, nothing," said Felicity, slightly embarrassed. She crossed the finish line herself and turned to Andy. "Good game. You've really been practicing, huh?"

"Yeah, kinda." A quiet grumble interrupted their chatter, coming from Andy's stomach. He smiled sheepishly. "Uh, can you make my dinner tonight?"

"Sure." Felicity walked into the kitchen, seeing Andy's mother's car come up the driveway. Only then did she realize what time it was. She had just enough time to put the ingredients on the counter, say goodbye to Andy, and receive a payment from Andy's mother before she got into her bedroom. She put her headset on and smiled at the screen. Shi was ready to begin.

Other: While Felicity enjoys nearly all video games, she has shown a bias for games with good stories. She's also had a fascination with puzzle games lately. As such, her (and my) favorite character is Professor Layton, currently at least. She doesn't speak up as much as the others, so she doesn't really have any catchphrases.

Last edited:
Le revival!

Who's with me?!

I'm ready when you are.

-uses a Phoenix Down-

Status
Not open for further replies.