Profiteers in a Land of Plenty (OOC thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buh. I'm tossing between gypsy style dancer. Or steampunk brawler.. OR heavy plate knight..

Name- Ciaran Ashton

Race- Glorious Human Master Race.

Age- Late Twenties.

Class- Myrmidon.

Personality- Rough and callous. About as soft as shark skin.

Appearance-
9bj9kk.jpg

Attire- Often something simple or mundane. Cloth trousers or breeches depending on the weather. Combat attire is WYSIWYG. Favors simple outfits over flamboyant garb.

Weapons- Almost exclusively uses a basic steel long sword. Nothing special, no heirlooms, no magic, no special erroneous gears slapped all over it. Just a simple sword, hilt, blade, the works. Commonly uses a short sword or parrying dagger in their off-hand depending on the combat, rarely uses shields.

Bio- Born to a slave mother far to the south, grew up in the streets of a major city fending for herself. Taken from her mother as a teenager to be sold as a concubine to a local magistrate. Killed the man and thrown into gladiatorial arenas for punishment. Found her calling and slowly found a way to buy her freedom. Slowly worked her way up north to Ureon for perhaps easy work as a caravan guard or something that involved beating other's senseless. A fresh recruit to the mercenary group, only a single month in attendance.

It's all a WIP. Fairly bare bones. I let my RPing do the character showing off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks interesting, just how advanced are weaponry in this world? Are we only limited to the close combat weapons that you listed?
Various versions of steam punk bows and cross bows.

EDIT- @Windsong Can you detail how she came to join Teyln Mercenaries?

Reactions: Windsong
Since it won't let me edit it...

Bio (cont): Always on the look for a place to call work and home, Ciaran set up tents within the Telyn mercenary group. Seemingly appearing from thin air with a demeanor colder than the northern shattered peaks. The presence was a curiosity at first, a lightly clad woman throwing herself silently into a fight. Not long after her presence was simply accepted, as steady as the sunrise and stalwart as the roiling sea.

Better~?

Since it won't let me edit it...
Bio (cont): Always on the look for a place to call work and home, Ciaran set up tents within the Telyn mercenary group. Seemingly appearing from thin air with a demeanor colder than the northern shattered peaks. The presence was a curiosity at first, a lightly clad woman throwing herself silently into a fight. Not long after her presence was simply accepted, as steady as the sunrise and stalwart as the roiling sea.
That'll do. Just to clarify, she never asked to join, she just.....appeared and stuck around? lol I find that humorous. :)

Edit- @Windsong you are approved. @UnseenShade once you make the changes we previously discussed then you will be set.

Everyone else, I will work on the IC thread this weekend. I will have it up on Monday at the latest.

It was either that... I might write up another character sheet. Just for funsies.

Is funsies something you can wear? Kinda sounds like it lol.

Dohoho. Now I've got to write him up just because he wears something...

Reactions: Digi-Guy
Name- Vincent Dee'Ziel

Race- Human

Age- 35

Class- Engineer

Personality- Vince is a light-hearted and comically inclined person, always cracking a joke or pulling a prank. Despite his childish attitude he's always trying to be aware of accidentally offending or hurting anyone in the name of a good joke. Though he's always either singing or making witty and foolish comebacks he takes his work incredibly serious, nothing is more important to him then laughter and his profession.

Appearance- A tall man of thick build and a fairly tanned complexion. His skin betrays his heritage as a man of the south, though his curiosity quickly had him move to the northern merchant country to better his craft. After an accident involving an early design combustion engine he always keeps his head shaved to a shiny bald.
With experimental armor:
jqorif.jpg

Attire- Often a set of denim or equivalent overalls usually smelling of engine fumes and covered in greese stains. Namely he enjoys going shirtless, it's a running joke among engineers that he's the best looking of them, even when covered in grease. The profession has left him with quite the physique.

Weapons- A tool box, with everything that contains. As well as a rather large generic and dirty looking monkey wrench, quite heavy. He's been constantly using a prototype of his MKV Anti-Vehicle-Close-Combat-Armored-Protection-Suite ™.

Bio- Born to a pair of loving parents in the southern country just before the unification of the tribes. His father was a grease-monkey on the early steam-trains that ran over rough tracks across the continent. Vincent's mother was a simple cook for a large family, imbuing her son with a love of fun and food, while his father's impression left him with a curiosity rarely sated by anything with moving parts. A fresh recruit much like Ciaran, except he had an extra two weeks.

Still a WIP.

@Windsong I am glad you made a heavy armored character. I was going to make one, because every team needs a hearty tank!

I am currently working on the IC thread. It should be finished by the end of the day.

@Greedy Donuts, will you finish your character?

Reactions: Windsong
Okay people! Let's get this ball ROLLIN! Click here for the IC thread! Woot woot!

EDIT- Remember people, let's do our best to write as creatively and well as we can. I am no expert, but I do enjoy reading quality and well written material. Here are some tips for yall.

When you don't know what to write, character introspection is very good.

Help each other by interacting with one another.

Descriptions of your character are good, just keep it short.

ALWAYS re-read your post before you post it.

Use the web to find synonyms for words you commonly use.

Try to refer to your character in different ways then just the characters name.

Collaborate with another member to make a post together. This is an easy way to make a good conversation, or duel between players.

Characters don't always HAVE to get along. A little conflict between characters goes along way.

Just some tips from your friendly neighborhood Digi-Guy.

Name-

Celthric Rivtdale

Race-

Human

Age-

Class-

SwordMaster

Personality-

Loud, Cocky, and full of surprises, Celthric is normally happy and energetic and looks towards the positives. He often acts strange when asked about his past, and never talks about it.

Appearance and Attire-

knight___cover_artwork__by_raymondminnaard66b64r.jpg
comics_dragon_age_those_who_speak.jpg

Weapons-

Black Steel Hooked Sword and Black Steel Shield, with a Blood Red Dragon decal.
4370.jpg

Bio-

The Part He Doesnt Like to Talk About
His earlier years were rough, his parents unknown to him left him at the steps of a church. Trying to be raised by strict priest was boring and hard, so Celthric left the small church and lived on the streets. Preferring this life of stealing and excitement, over the boring life of a priest, Celthric grew tougher and crueler over the years. At the age of 20, he found himself starting a bandit group with a group of roughneck friends. They become known as the Crimson Drakes, and grew surprisingly large as the merged with other small groups. They raided caravans in Wylnuk, and even burned down a small village. As their name grew, so did the price on their heads. Soon mercenaries hunted them down and attacked them, slaughtering most of them. Those that escaped were lucky. Being on of the lucky few, Celthric seeked the help of the lord, and returned to the church.

The Part He Does Talk About
Now 26, Celthric was a born again priest. He helped the small village he was in greatly, helping build homes and feeding the poor. The day before his 27th birthday, bandits attacked the village. Most of the villagers died, as well as most of the homes being burnt down. Seeking revenge, Celthric turned back to the ways of the sword, and joined up with some mercenaries, in hopes they would run into the bandits that stole away his second life. He has been with the mercenaries for six months.

Status
Not open for further replies.