Private Threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kes

Original poster
Hello,

I was wondering if you could set up private threads to experiment with formatting and stuff. It would help me pre-write a bunch of stuff and then post it on a rp. Thanks.

That sort of feature (as far as I know) is not available through the most recent update. However, if you would like to pre-write a roleplay, there's always the blog and other mediums such as TitanPad and Google Docs. You are also free to experiment formatting here- hence the 'test' prefix- but other than that, I don't know of a feature that exists solely for that purpose.

Private threads I do not know of being things on Iwaku, but I'm sure a staff member can let you know what section this type of thread can go into. I've seen some test threads here before after all, just be sure that gets into the correct area of the forums ^^ I would guess Writing & Art Museum or possibly this thread itself, but blogs I do not recommend as they have in my experience been buggy with codes and stuff like that.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
I'd also like to state, that if you want to experiment with formatting, it's always best to use the BBcode Editor instead of the rich text editor. Errors are less prone to happen. (:

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
Thanks, I considered using google docs. But i'm using a lot of codes and I don't know how they will result on Iwaku since the format is different. Hence the need for a private thread.

Can you make a thread invisible so your stuff isn't seen?

No, the only known medium you can set to private is blogs, and that's by listing yourself under list of people allowed to view, and really, the blogs are only as buggy as the forums (I've never had a problem at least but I'm not exactly a stranger to coding either) ^^

If you want a private thread that no one can see until it's done, then you'll have to use the blog. You can choose which individuals (if any) will be able to see your content there. Once you're completely done, you can copy your blog post (if you have coding, this should be done in the editing window.) to a new roleplay thread. :)

Reactions: chainedfiction
Status
Not open for further replies.