[Private] Return of the Dragon Tamers Cast Development Thread

S

Soulserenity20

Original poster
This thread will be utilized for the character development of the current cast of the Return of the Dragon Tamers: The Plague of Ogual roleplay (closed signups).

Here, I will pose questions for you to answer from the perspective of your character regarding events from the roleplay, characters in the roleplay, and other aspects of Illos. By answering these questions, you may find yourself learning new things about how your character sees the world around them and ultimately develop a stronger connection with your characters.

How it works:

Once a week, I will post a few questions or topics to which you may all respond. It could be "How do you feel about Aislin?" or it could be "What scared you the most about the death of a fellow tamer?"
You can then respond from the perspective of your character. Keep in mind, none of this is to be referenced by other players IC, as that would be cheating. But this can help you to develop your character more for yourself, and it'll be fun for everyone to read ;)

A few rules
1. Only accepted players in the RotDT roleplay may post here. I'll delete anything else.
2. Once the week ends and I post a new question(s), don't respond to any old questions.
3. If you wish to pose a question to be answered, post it in blue and I'll add it to the queue for the questions being asked in this thread :)

4. You don't have to do this obviously. It's just a fun way to develop our chars and have something to write in response to to keep things from getting too dry between plot movement posts.
I'm very excited to see how you all respond to the questions and concepts posed here.

@firejay1 @Freyalise @Rainjay @Shadicmaster @Requiem @Silver @Wytchfinder @White @Crimson77

WEEK ONE
Questions!

+1+
In the order, who are you most fond of, and why? When did you first become so fond, or was it a series of things that made you cherish him/her? (your bondmate doesn't count!)

+2+
Who do you like the least? Or, who do you know the least? What are your thoughts on them?

+3+
What is the most memorable event you've experienced so far as a tamer? Why is it so memorable? How did this event affect/change you?

+4+
What are you looking forward to the most in the future? What scares you the most?

+5+
What are your thoughts on the war, as it stands? Does the Order have a chance? What needs to be done, by not only the Order, not only by yourself, but by all of Illos?

+6+
What is your goal in life right now? What are you striving for?​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Rainjay
In the order, who are you most fond of, and why? When did you first become so fond, or was it a series of things that made you cherish him/her? (your bondmate doesn't count!)

"I'm rather fond of Aislin I suppose. At least she's the one I know the best. I haven't been around the others too much though, so it's difficult to judge the older tamers."

Who do you like the least? Or, who do you know the least? What are your thoughts on them?

"FUCK YOU KALONA! FUCK FUCKING YOU!"

What is the most memorable event you've experienced so far as a tamer? Why is it so memorable? How did this event affect/change you?

"Well, I haven't been around too much, but the feeling of flying with Aleria is by far the most impressive event so far. There's nothing quite like that feeling. It really just brought the whole tamer things into perspective."

What are you looking forward to the most in the future? What scares you the most?

"Really, I don't think to the future much, killing... What's his name? Ochre? Ogre? Oh, right, Ogual. Yeah, killing him I guess would be good. I suppose losing to him would be bad? Being corrupted would be worse. Or do you mean like what scares me in general? Because in that case it's being forgotten completely."

What are your thoughts on the war, as it stands? Does the Order have a chance? What needs to be done, by not only the Order, not only by yourself, but by all of Illos?

"Well... I'm fighting in it, so... There's at least some chance. I wouldn't fight if there wasn't. Well, I might, but I'd be blind drunk before I tried to do something dumb. The people need to recognise that there is actual darkness in the world, and unless something is done about it, there can be no chance for the future."

What is your goal in life right now? What are you striving for?

"Well, like I said before, I don't really look to the future. Live for the moment and all that. I guess I'd like to become better than I am, become a legend, preferably a living one, but other than that, I don't have much interest."

Last edited:
Merrik

+1+
Terria. My beloved sister. She is my strength, my rock, and my closest friend. Having a little sister in your ranks makes things a bit.. unusual, to say the least. I have to impress her as a leader, but tend to her as a brother. Not that she needs any tending to, but I feel the constant urge to favor her, to baby her, and to protect her. Having her by my side is definitely a boost to my morale, but it's also a source of constant fear. Of course I've always been fond of her, she's my sister, after all.
+2+
I think it's easy to say I'm least fond of Requiem. I don't know what happened between he and Kalona, but it bothers me to see her so uncomfortable around another person. Perhaps she was the one to salt the wound in the first place, who knows? But despite him seeming to want no trouble, I still struggle to trust and generally like him. I will hand it to him, though, he's proven himself in battle. Cleaving the head clear off that undead lizard in the grotto of the Kokuvras was quite something to behold.
+3+
Gods, I have a thousand memorable events, but I have to say the most memorable of all was the day Obsidian Nova hatched. But, if you want to go in terms of actual tamer-related events, then I'd have to say the first time Nova and I nailed a double attack during one of our training sessions back when I was, oh, about 11? It was executed so perfectly and we were so synchronized. That was the first time I conceptualized just how one we really were. When our bodies and minds moved perfectly together and acted as one. I'll cherish that memory forever.
+4+
The end of this war. I look for a time when I'm no longer responsible for so much. For a time when My mistakes don't cost people their lives. I look to a time when my only responsibility is to myself and my most loved. Until then, I will work hard to be who I was destined to be. As for what I fear the most... well, I fear each life this war will claim and even more than that, I fear how many tamers and dragons will fall because of my mistakes. This fear will not subside until Ogual is defeated.
+5+
My thoughts on the war. Ha. I could spend days talking about that. But overall I have confidence. Our power is growing steadily and despite a number of good cards dealt to the enemy, we are growing stronger each day. It is not only our numbers which give us the upper hand, but the spirit and the strength of those chosen by fate to be the halves of dragons and the heroes of Illos. What needs to be done now is for the Order to take their place as ambassadors of all of Illos, unifying the nations and rallying their support in a battle that will require the strength of all our brothers and sisters across the land. We must be leaders, unifiers, and conquerors.
+6+
I am striving to be the leader the Order needs. For however long and to whatever end. Beyond that... I am trying to be a better man. If one day I am so lucky to have a wife and children, I will need to do more than master the arts of war and combat. I must learn how to protect the hearts of my loved ones and be an example. From my father I draw the knowledge and wisdom I need for war, but it will be from my mother that I draw the wisdom I need for love and fulfillment. This Order, too, will teach me as I teach them. They will show me how to love, to cherish, and prize others in a way I never experienced as a child. In return, I will offer my life to serving them as their leader, and as their friend.

[dash=#800080]

+1+

"Uhm... The first person to come to mind is Merrik. He's a good friend, and I trust him more so than the others. I suppose it's his dedication coupled with his innate charisma--not Kalona type charisma, but people-person charisma. He's also rather dependable. It's hard to find people like that..."

+2+

"I don't particularly dislike any of the tamers. I will say I don't know the slightest thing about Aislin or Requiem. Or Reverie, really. Their faces just somewhat blur together for me. It's a little uncomfortable having them around, after just getting used to the others."

+3+

"I really want to say the bonding, but, I believe meeting the White Mare was the most memorable experience for me. Obviously if dragons are real then unicorns can be, too, but I'm still getting used to meeting these amazing beings. She was really nice."

+4+

"I feel like this is expressing a guilty pleasure, but I'm quite looking forward to spending an eternity with Aerarya. It's still weird having her company, but we enjoy each other's presence. Thinking of all the things we could do makes me smile. But I'm scared that we won't get there."

+5+

"I am not really knowledgeable on war at all. I don't know a thing presently about the situation on where the war stands... so I don't believe I am particularly qualified to answer this sort of question. I have no idea if we have a chance. I want to hope we do, but after Shirin... Anyways, what's the next question?"

+6+

"My goal? Erm... I don't suppose I really have one, now that you ask. Well, actually: let's say that my goal is to find a goal. There. To be honest, joining the Order somewhat put all of my plans on hold, not that I had many of them to begin with, so you'll have to spare me for not having any ideas past "Kill Ogual". Sorry."
[/dash]

• Love
Reactions: Soulserenity20
Terria

+1+
Well, I'm assuming you mean "Merrik aside." And in that case, I'd have to say Kalona. Kalona is this powerful, beautiful, strong woman with a great tolerance for liquor and an eye for all the best things in life. It didn't take long for me to grow fond of her. Right away, after meeting her at the monastery, I found a lot of myself in her and through those similarities a love grew.

+2+
Well, Dalaith annoys the hell of me for the most part, and I guess part of that comes from a lack of empathy. I don't know her very well. Come to think of it, I don't know most of the Order very well. Aside from Goliath, Mer, and Kalona, I don't really know much about the others. I know Reverie the least, but that's because the woman seems to be a mute most the time.. well, unless she fawning over Goliath, that is.

+3+
What a question. What isn't memorable about being a tamer? I cherish every moment I spend with Ataegana. But likely my favorite, most precious memories, are those shared with her in deep mediation under a full moon on the peaks of the Bodhra. God, nothing beats that kind of silence. Up there, there's nothing distracting me from the perfection of our bond. Nothing pulling me away from the wholeness we share. What could be better than simply being?

+4+
I am looking forward to getting to know Goliath the dreamy southerner. .. .....Haha, naw, I mean that's a part of it, but truthfully, I look forward to the relationships I'm going to forge and everything these people are going to teach me. Already I've seen so much wisdom in my peers. Kalona and her depths of insight and intuition, Goliath with his unpredictably savvy battling techniques, Saira with her wisdom, Avren with his freaky druid-y stuff. I'm amazed by the people that surround me and I guess that's a part of where my biggest fear for the future comes from. I've seen Merrik change in the short time I've been back home, and that change isn't something I'd ever have wished for. War changes people and I fear everyone might end up at rock bottom if things go sour. I don't want to lose all the amazing people I've only just gotten to know.

+5+
My only answer is that as long as we believe we have a chance, we do. And so I will never stop believing that we have a chance at winning this. In fact, I'm going to do my best to make sure that chance is more than just a slight one. I know I can teach these tamers to be better mages. That's the one thing Illos didn't have in the war until now: magick. It's going to be our magick that sets the pace and soon the rest of Illos will follow in our trail of victories.

+6+
I don't think about that. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that focusing on the future takes away from today. And so, today I want to be a better me. Tomorrow? Well, worrying and thinking about that isn't going to help me be a better me today, and so I don't worry about it. My goal is to do what I believe is best at any given moment. Because that changes a lot. Everyday, the best thing to do can be completely different. So I just look at what's best today and move forward with that.

• Love
Avren​

+1+
Well... most of the Order is made up of women. And most women are crazy. So that rules out most of my options. Merrik and Goliath are both great chaps but not quite my kind of people. They're more "thinky thinky" and "killy killy," respectively. Me? I'm more "mind my own business-y." That's why I Saira. She's not crazy like the other women, nor is she all murderous or brooding like the men. Mind you, I don't know the newer tamers. Aislin is quite pretty. Requiem is horrifying. And Reverie reminds me of the reason I won't sleep in the loft bed. Narien? Well, he actually seemed like the kind of guy I would get along with until he went all suicidal in the caves against the necromancer centaur. He, too, is crazy and horrifying.

So, I like Saira. When did I first become fond of her? Well, gosh, she's like a flower. You don't have one moment when you realize a flower is beautiful and unique. It's just common knowledge. You always know, even if you don't.

+2+
Kalona. That woman is bloody horrifying. And crazy. How she got so crazy, I hope I never know. Please don't tell her I said that.

+3+
The moment Viridian's soul connected with mine, I felt so perfectly whole and at one with the wilds. Nothing is more perfect than finally being part of what you've always felt you belong within. Huh. Apart from that I've quite enjoyed the food around here. Merrik sure knows how to keep an exotic garden.

+4+
I look forward to figuring out this damn mana Viridian gave to me. If I could just figure out how this tree-bending works it would make me a much more valuable asset to this...army. I could also make furniture if I could master this magick. Who wouldn't want magick furniture? What scares me? Kalona.... she seems to be getting crazier and crazier.

+5+
Frankly, I don't understand why we're even in this war. How do people like Ogual even exist? How did he get so anger and hateful? Who hurt him so badly that he had to take it out on all of Illos? I think someone needs to stop him. I'm guessing that's going to be us, but if not, then someone. The rest of Illos needs to just treat each other better. We don't need another Ogual rising up as soon as we get rid of this one.

+6+
I am trying to .... make friends..? I guess. I don't know. Viridian keeps telling me I'm not normal. That people are meant to exist in social groups, not alone in the wilderness, but honestly, I found the beasts of the Wimbledon Wilds to be an awful lot more social than any of the people I've come across. Nonetheless, I'm striving to make friends. Turns out it's harder to convince people to exist around me than I'd originally thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1+
I like Saira the most, she was the first to really speak to me...

+2+
Terria. She is scary.

+3+
My meeting with Celeste... somebody to listen to me, you know?

+4+
I am afraid if failing everybody... I don't know if I can handle the fighting. It makes me... remember.

+5+
I dont know

+6+

+1+

When I joined the order I kept to myself and trained for the majority of the first weeks at the meadow, then I met Shirin. We trained together briefly and sometimes her and I would talk, She was my first friend in the order and I will always cherish the time we spent together before War took her from us. Kalona and Terria have now filled the gap and I hope that further down this path that my friendships with each of them can grow. Kalona is fun to be around and so is Terria. Both are skilled mages and fighters, and that is what The Order needs.

+2+

I have no grudges toward the other tamers, but Narien didn't seem very chatty when I approached him to introduce myself. After that failed attempt to socialize with the other new tamers I've kinda stepped back and I figure that perhaps they need time to open up. Some people just aren't very social and I'm not going to force them to be friends with me. I don't trust Requiem, but perhaps in time that will change too.

+3+

When Hezekiah and I trained together and practiced our bonded ability with Fiona at the Monastery. This was when Hez and I became true friends and derived our vow to eachother, "We Shall Prevail Unscathed". This has changed Hezekiah's "behavior" in the right direction and he is more focused and we're both getting stronger together.

+4+

I look forward to seeing how large Hezekiah will be, I look forward to practicing my throwing spear this afternoon... *shrugs* during war I don't like to think that far ahead. And what scares me the most? Losing people I care about.

+5+

This war is a necessary fight between good and evil, evil will not be allowed to plague these lands. Ylandre is proof enough that The Order has a chance, though we lost a tamer and her dragon, I feel that if we can hold off such a large force with limited men that we can bring the fight to Ogual with an army.

Able bodied citizens of cities and towns should join the militia and the southern cities need to send men north to fend off the hoard. Mythical beasts need to settle old disputes and fight against their common enemy.

+6+

I want to improve my throwing spear distance and accuracy, practice my hand to hand combat, and survive the visit from the Queen. I honestly don't know what to expect from her visit, I haven't seen her for two or three years.

I strive to teach Hezekiah how to think during battle, he has still much more to learn about himself and his abilities.

Outer #5

+1+

"Ah- Erhm- Haha, that's not really.... Erhm... I still don't know what to think. They all seem like nice people. I just- uhm, don't really know any of them all that... good. I mean! uh, 'well.' It- it's only been a couple of days!"

+2+

"I guess... I don't know most- of them, but- I think- that white-haired girl and someone else I can't remember, they're the only ones I... never... talked to?"

+3+

"Meeting Agni for sure! She's really, super special to me, and- and I think every minute I get to spend with her has been- uh- something memorable, I guess."

+4+

"Well. This is... still all so new to me, I don't really know what to look forward to, but- this fighting Ogual business is pretty scary, y'know?"

+5+

".............. I. Try not to think about it. I know somebody even died, and all, so... I mean, I'm hopeful! But... yeah......."

+6+

"Haha. I've... never really been much of an ambitious person. I think.. I'd just be satisfied if we all made it through this alive and all- but!- I do think if maybe, I could learn new skills from this experience, it would be... good?"
True Heart

+1+

"I am fond of a great many creatures in the order - the birds, the ants, the trees - the trees especially, I mean those are quite excellent trees compared to what I'm used to seeing. People? Now, why should I be fond of any of them?"

Joking aside, I grew up hearing about the famous Tetras, and it seems Merrik is worthy of his house's reputation, though I sense there is something there... something fragile there, so we shall see if my respect for him lasts."

+2+

"Like or know? Make up your mind, sirrah. If it's simply who do I like the least, I'd really have to choose among a horde of equally detestable females, though of course, they're each detestable in their own special way. The winner of that prize, though, would have to be Kalona, without a doubt. There is nothing more detestable than a female who feels entitled to touch whomever she pleases for no other reason than because it is as she pleases. Of course, I have yet to formally meet the white-haired girl and that other one, I believe I heard her name was Aranel. All in due time."

+3+

"My memory is impeccable, and by that account, every event has been memorable. Who am I to choose among these sparkling moments? But truly, on my honor, since my bonding with my lovely Agni Lu'ule, all that has happened has been so different from my life up till now, it should be my shame to fail to treasure it at least for the next few years to come. The bond itself, however, I shall truly never forget for as long as I live."

+4+

"Aren't those two questions the same in essence? They both can be answered by one response: Nothing."

+5+

"You ask me a question I find myself ill-equipped to answer. For all that we have been taught about Ogual's power, I will make no judgment about what others should do, and how this war ought be conducted before facing him myself. All that I can say is that from what I have heard, the Order has little chance, but little is still better than none. Many have survived on lower odds."

+6+

"As it has been for many years, my goal in life is to continue to live. Other goals have been lost to me. Greater ambitions are for men who have less to worry about than their daily bread."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: White
+1+
In the order, who are you most fond of, and why? When did you first become so fond, or was it a series of things that made you cherish him/her? (your bondmate doesn't count!)​

"I have come to appreciate many things in life, thus I cherish the connections I've made with people. Some, more than others. There is purpose to all of them, so to say there is one that I am most fond of is unfair, as I am fond of many of the people in my life. However, if I must answer the question with one person, I'd have to say it's Merrik. Not because of my affections for him (which I have started to question), as that'd be biased. But I respect the strength he holds with his position. He has so much responsibility, as we all do, but even more so for him. Without him, I wouldn't be here. He provided for me a sense of adventure and added a higher purpose to my life. He led me to Lyre, who I am so very fond of as our bond and connection has been unlike anything I have felt or experienced before. While there are many I could say sweet words about, without Merrik, our lives would pale in comparison."

+2+
Who do you like the least? Or, who do you know the least? What are your thoughts on them?​

It's Requiem, isn't it?

"First of all, fuck that guy. Second of all, that punch calmed me down. I'm not hating on him as much anymore. Do I like him, no. Not really. But I wouldn't say he's the one I'm currently liking the least."

Well then who do you like the least? Wait, Lyre paused after coming to the realization. Noooooo! Merrik?!

Kalona stayed silent.

Kalona! Spill the beans, c'mon!

"Okay, next question."

+3+
What is the most memorable event you've experienced so far as a tamer? Why is it so memorable? How did this event affect/change you?​

Oh, I bet I know this one!

"Lyre you can read my mind, that isn't fair."

It's the night of the watch, isn't it?

"Why yes, yes it is you little cheater. The night I volunteered to take watch early in the morning, only to join Goliath's watch instead. And what happened that night? Care to elaborate, Lyre?"

Hez and I pranked you baaaaad, that's what happened!

"Yes. While Goliath and I were bonding over bacco and blowing smoke rings, doing our duty as soldiers, you two knuckleheads decided to prank us, creating an unknown threat. Aand what'd we do? We got up to investigate like any normal guard would do."

Walking straight into our trap.

"We didn't even see you two camouflaged by the brush. We ran right past you and attacked what we thought was our target, only to be attacked by you two in return."

And how'd that end?

"Covered in maggots, and then drenched with water as he and I found ourselves in the mud. In the fucking mud!"

Lyre burst into laughter, giggling as the events of that night replayed in her mind.

"I will remember that night fondly, and forever. Goliath and I had grown closer that day, and I adored the devious trick cooked up between you and Hez. I bet I know your most memorable event, my dear Lyre, and I don't even need to read your mind," Kalona winked, teasing her sweet pet.

Lyre puffed out her chest and pulled her muzzle back as smoke billowed from her nostrils.

"You and Hez had a nice little chat that morning of the watch about you two, didn't you? I can see the memory fondly in your mind, something along the lines of You bring light into my life Lyre, and I don't want that light to fade away. But that isn't where it started, did it?"

Lyre tucked her head under her wing as she hid her face, Kalooooona you're making me blush.

"Ah, your most fond memory is the night of the sky dance. The night you and Hezekiah first felt a connection. If I didn't think you two were so damn cute, I'd of been jealous your most fond memory hadn't involved me," she reached her hand beneath her dragon's wing, cupping Lyre'z muzzle and pulling it out from under her wing as their eyes met.

"I am thankful for the friendship Goliath and I have been able to form, for he has become one of my dear friends, if not the one I feel closest to among the Order. Not only have he and I been able to form a connection on our own, but the connection between our dragons has also given us something that would have been naught without you two. It has allowed our friendship to ascend to a level that would not have been possible without the bond between us and our dragons."

I still think Goliath would be a better mating candidate than Merrik...Lyre said under her breath.

"Would you shut it. I was having a moment and you had to ruin it. I'm sorry you don't always agree with my choices in affection." Kalona leaned in and nuzzled against her dragon. "But you do it because you care about me and for that, I am grateful. I really am. I wouldn't want you to stop expressing your concerns, or wanting what's best for me. I know that no matter how much you oppose, you will always be there for me, supporting me in whichever path I go down. I'd want no one else at my side."

The feeling is mutual, Lyre said with a nod.

"And besides, with the recent events between Merrik and I, I've started to question our relationship. The captain has seemed to jump ship, so I don't think that ship will be in sail much longer."

Does this mean I get my wish? Lyre winked, nudging her tamer.

"Don't get your hopes up. Goliath is my friend, and though I am attracted to him, I respect him as such. He is not someone I would actively pursue and make it my mission to seduce, but rather let happen as it comes, if it would so do so. If it would occur. It is not something I would force or push. Not saying I was entirely that way with Merrik, but I did find enjoyment in trying to get with the commander. It felt like a game of sorts, that he and I would play back and forth. Now that he is unsure about us and whatever it is we have, it leads me to feel unsure as well."

So, what you're saying is, you don't know if what you are feeling with Merrik has been genuine?

"Exactly."

Damn.

"Yeah. So now you know why I've been so moody about him. And your pestering over the matter doesn't do much to help. Anyways, how did this question turn into a conversation about my feelings with Merrik? What's the next question?"

+4+
What are you looking forward to the most in the future? What scares you the most?​

"Well ultimately, all answers would lead to the same outcome. That we win this war. For everything that we look forward to most, would be destroyed if we don't. So that is my obvious answer. What I want more than anything is to return home and not only that, but to see my parents again. It's such a simple thing to do. But unfortunately, my duties in life have been preventing me to do so. I could say screw everyone and leave, but in the end, that does not strengthen my chances in winning the war so I must do all in my power to help us succeed. Only then will I be able to return home whenever I want at my own freedoms. What scares me most, is not being able to see them, not being able to return home. If we lose this war, then I lose the place that I once called home. And I lose the people that I love and cherish."

+5+
What are your thoughts on the war, as it stands? Does the Order have a chance? What needs to be done, by not only the Order, not only by yourself, but by all of Illos?​

"A younger Kalona would have been cocky and said the enemy stood no chance against us. Completely confident that we had what it took. While I still remain that way to some extent, I am also more realistic. As it stands in this moment in time, we as an Order do not stand a chance. We are weak, our powers do not compare to what Ogual can do, even with Merrik on our side. We have a lot to accomplish, a lot of growing and strengthening of our powers and skillset. With the new addition of tamers, even more training to go through, and unfortunately we have not the time. Luckily, Ogual has been gracious in his attacks. The scary part about that, is we do not know when he will hit us head on. We do not know when he plans on attacking. It has been difficult up to this point, and I fear this is only a sliver of what he can do, what power he possesses. From that tiny sliver, there is an entire tree which we have yet to face. Imagine being impaled by a tree's worth of slivers. That is not something I think we can make it through. At least not now.

It is clear what our agenda is, what we must do. But does Illos understand what it must do? I do not believe they do. I'm surprised it has taken them this long to even realize, or stand up against the threat they face. Even then, I still do not feel as though we are united as one. I do not feel as though we have merged, Illos still seems divided. Politically. Those things don't matter in what we are ultimately facing up against. There is division among the creatures, division among the people, and even more so a division among the two. I saw it back in the sacred shrine with the Centaurs and Unicorns. They do not take kindly to our race, as I'm sure those feelings are shared amongst many other creatures in Illos, and it is sad to me that even beings as advanced as they, do not see the urgency in this. It is our duty to unite those of Illos, man and beast as we are all her sons and daughters and this is our home. If they do not wish to come together, then I hope they find pleasure in watching their home burn because that is exactly what will happen. We need to show Illos that they have power, strength. Bring everyone together and lead an uprising against the darkness. Then and only then, might we have a fighting chance."

An Order does not have a chance if its people and creatures do not walk along beside them in this fight.

+6+
What is your goal in life right now? What are you striving for?​

"Fight fire with fire, defeat Ogual with the very methods he uses, mana. And so, I must become the greatest damn mage I can possible be. Until then, all other goals and dreams in life are meaningless until I see him drop dead.

As I've once told Goliath, "I am a woman of this world in all that it represents. I am day, I am night. I am the water that runs through the Sepheric Ocean, the rock of the Bohdra Moutnains, and the wind in the grasslands of Southern Galidus. I am here to serve her, and everything she homes and protects. I volunteered because it is my duty to protect that which I have become. If the Order fails, then I fail along with it. And I do not politely accept failure."

My mission remains the same."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Chrome and Rainjay

WEEK TWO
Questions!

+1+
What do you think of your training so far? Has it made you as strong as you want to be? Is it lacking?

+2+
What are you most curious about in the world of magick and dragons?

+3+
What do you think should be the next move in the war against Ogual?

+4+
What do you think of the Forest Garden? What of your living quarters and your life here in the meadow?

+CHARACTER FOCUS+
DALAITH

+1+

What are your thoughts on Dalaith as a person? What do you find most admirable about her?

+2+
What do you think she will be best known for in the history books, many generations from now?​

[dash=#800080]

+1+
What do you think of your training so far? Has it made you as strong as you want to be? Is it lacking?

"As strong as I want to be? No. Lacking? No. I think that there's only so far that training can bring you. There's a vast difference between theory and practice and while we can train as much as we want here in safety, that doesn't mean it will translate into the real world. I didn't learn to shoot down a deer by hitting a bullseye. My father took me out into the woods when I was little and I tried, over and over again, until I managed to do it. While that meant I scared away a lot of game and my family spent nights hungry, it also meant that I learned. That type of learning nobody can teach you in a classroom. Merrik's efforts aren't in vain, of course, but we will soon reach a place where we can no longer gain from practice here in the meadow and must take to the real world... And sometimes, you die before that learning really takes affect. But that's life, I guess."

+2+

"What am I most curious about? This question is almost unfair to ask! I want to know everything: where did the dragons originate from? When did mana use begin? How does mana work, anyhow? How many dragons are there, or have been? How many different breeds are there? How--Believe, me, I could go on forever. Do dragons and their bondmates really live forever, or have none lived long enough to die of old age?"

+3+

"Uhm... I've mentioned already that I don't really know much about war, and battle. I guess we find allies? How does one 'find' allies? I don't suppose you just walk up to people and propose that they send their men to their deaths on a battlefield to increase the odds of our own survival. But, I guess we find allies and then... keep trying to protect cities from Ogual?"

+4+
What do you think of the Forest Garden? What of your living quarters and your life here in the meadow?

"This place is nice. I--and I can't believe I'm saying this--kind of miss civilization, a little bit. I'm homesick. And lately I've been feeling really uncomfortable about sleeping in 'my' bed..."

+CHARACTER FOCUS+
DALAITH

+1+

What are your thoughts on Dalaith as a person? What do you find most admirable about her?

"I like Dalaith, though we haven't spoken very much. I admire her knowledge and her desire to study and learn, though I wonder of her use in winning this war proper. Research can only give us so much. Nonetheless, I'm not doubting that she'll show her worth."

+2+
What do you think she will be best known for in the history books, many generations from now?

"She'll be best known for writing the history books, I suppose!"
[/dash]

+1+
Well, considering my training has been my the entirety of my life, I'd say it's done me well, or at least I hope. Of course I could wish to be stronger, but what's a wish without a will? I will be stronger and it is these tamers around me that will help me grow. My training is only lacking in the sense that I have had no one of my skill level to train with. Now that Terria is back, I have a worthy foe, but even still, I fear she will not challenge me enough. With time, my comrades will become that one missing piece of my training and together we will all grow.

+2+
There is nothing I haven't wondered about, but my biggest curiosity is the limits of power, life, and knowledge I will sustain through this bond. No tamer has lived more than a thousand years. Will we die of old age? Do dragons die of old age? Will my mind be able to accommodate all the knowledge I will gain over a millennium of study? Will my body be able to hold on for as long as my mind or vice versa? There is so much to wonder about, but no way to know without living on to experience it myself. I'm always most curious about that which is not written in any text.

+3+
At this point, I believe we need to continue pushing. We must begin working to rally support from the kings and the queen of Illos and protect lands under immediate threat while developing our skills to be able to retake the places we have lost to the plague. We cannot ever play defense again. We need this momentum, this morale, this energy that comes with victory, despite our losses.

+4+
What can I say? It's home.

+CHARACTER FOCUS+
DALAITH

+1+

*Light Chuckle* Dalaith is who I would have become if my father didn't force me to go outside more or if Nova wasn't around to be my close friend, ever luring me into the outside world. She is wise for her age, her wisdom limited only by her resources. I wait to see what she'll become over the next few years with the resources available to her now. Her most admirable trait is likely her ability to think before speaking and acting. As simple as it is, such a trait can change the tables in almost any situation. She'll make a fine diplomat and tactician for the Order in due time, I'm sure.

+2+
What do you think she will be best known for in the history books, many generations from now?
My hope is that she'll be best known for restoring the ancient libraries, acting as a scribe for the Modern Order's activities and feats. We need more intellectuals in our world, ones with power and sway in both politics and, ultimately, history books.

"Well, I definitely need more mana training, but I've been doing alright keeping balanced at least while riding Aleria. Not that she makes it easy on me, the troublemaker. I don't think I'll ever be as strong as I want to be. I was raised with the understanding that there's always someone better, so contentment will only ever lead to failure. I don't know if I'd say that the training is really lacking really though, I mean, I've only been training with the rest for what, like a week? A week and a half?"

"That's... Not really a fair question. The various breeds of dragons. The origin of magick. The difference between each type of magick. It's all a curiosity."

"I don't know what's been tried really. The entire situation is kind of a mess. Assuming my crew is still at port, though I'm doubtful of this, give the idea of building a proper army rather than just this... Group. Even if a proper army lacks magick, they could still be useful is utilized properly."

"The Garden is amazing! By far my favourite part of this place. I kind of want to take some clippings and start a miniature version of the Garden for my quarters. Aside from that though, these early mornings are killing me. I don't know who decided that early mornings were a good idea, but I do somewhat desire to hit them."

+CHARACTER FOCUS+
DALAITH

"Dalaith? I mean, I don't really know her, so I can't really say. She seems nice enough though I suppose. She's very... Efficient."

"Well, without knowing her very well, I can't rightly say. I suppose the same as most of us, assuming of course that we defeat Ogual."

WEEK THREE
Questions!

+1+
What spells do you most want to learn? What spells do you want to avoid entirely?

+2+
What is scariest, to you, about mana? What is the most amazing?

+3+
Do you think Merrik has the right to keep you from going home whenever you want? Is it fair that your life is the price to pay for mutiny or abandonment of the Order?

+4+
If Merrik died, who would make the best replacement as a leader?

+5+
What do you most want to do with your power as a dragon tamer. You can make a difference, but which will you make?

+CHARACTER FOCUS+
(I've decided to make it an option to answer one of two character focuses so that the new players don't just say "I don't know." <3
Veteran Players:
AGLARES

+1+
What are your thoughts on Aglares? Have you grown to be fond of her, suspicious of her, scared of her?

+2+
In your opinion, has Aglares earned the trust of the Order? Should she be allowed on the estate? Should she be allowed access to the libraries and meadow?

New Players:
NARIEN

+1+
What do you think about Narien? Have you noticed anything about him that either scares you or thrills you?

+2+
What do you think is Narien's strength, from what you know of him? Beyond this, what do you find most unique about him and how might this be a benefit to the Order?

WEEK THREE
Questions!

+1+
What spells do you most want to learn? What spells do you want to avoid entirely?
I think it's clear my focus is on my bonded ability. I am utterly fascinated with illusion mana and strive to utilize my bonded ability to produce illusions of fear in my enemies. I wish to develop it much more thoroughly but beyond that, my main focus lies in something a bit more.... unorthodox. In my time studying mana I've found that a major source of power lies in curses. Curses are a form of mana which often have lag periods before their effects are administered. Once activated, these effects are often subtle and slow acting, making it difficult to know the source of the ailment. Take a look at what Kalona and Dalaith are suffering. While it is tragic to suffer such an ailment within the Order, one must, at the very least, appreciate the elegance of the workings of this mana. Curses are like the rogues of spellcasting.

As for avoiding. Necromancy. I can say little more than that. Necromancy has no place in this world.
+2+
Mana is hard to control and so closely connected to our thoughts and emotions that any lapse in self control can result in accidental death. I fear the constant threat of accidental murder each of these tamers possess and more so, I fear how easy it is for them to drain their own lives. The dragons are trained to preserve their life mana, but as their bonds grow stronger, it will be harder and harder for the dragons to retain any mana from their tamers. This, I believe, is the also the most amazing part of mana: it isn't some force we harness and wield. It's a part of us. It is each and every one of us.

+3+
Do you think Merrik has the right to keep you from going home whenever you want? Is it fair that your life is the price to pay for mutiny or abandonment of the Order?
Well. This is a bit uncomfortable. This wasn't my decision. These were Orders by the Oracle himself. The dangers that are posed to Illos by a rogue tamer and dragon are too much to imagine. Each tamer possesses enough mana to blow a hole in Illos the size of Sylvis or suck the life from an entire forest of beings. Worse than that, if Ogual got his hands one a tamer and dragon with a weak, fresh bond, he could wreak unimaginable chaos on the lands. I'm not sure we could win this war if Ogual got his hands on one of the dragons.

+4+
At this point, I cannot say. Goliath is most experienced as a leader, and surely his fighting skills are great, but he has insufficient knowledge of dragons and mana to lead this army effectively. Terria has sufficient experience with both, but lacks leadership skills and struggles to be objective enough to truly lead. Dalaith shows promise but lacks experience in battle often withdraws where a leader must be assertive. I cannot say. I only hope I live long enough to train a leader to take my place.

+5+
What do you most want to do with your power as a dragon tamer. You can make a difference, but which will you make?
I want to unify the countries of Illos. Each currently relies on his or her queen or king and when there is corruption, the leadership has no one to answer to. History shows us time and time again that in the absence of a unifying, neutral party to govern the governments, corruption occurs regularly and it is the people of the nations who suffer. The Order was always meant to maintain balance; we must do this in all things from political justice to the forces of mana within the lands to protecting and maintaining balance between civilization and the wilds. I hope to establish a powerful Order to speak for Illos itself, instead of siding with any one nation, but one with enough sense to refrain from thirsting for absolute power. It is a delicate dance indeed.

Beyond that, I hope to re-establish the dragon race in the lands once more. Each dragon and dragoness of this order is of the highest genetic caliber. The Oracle preserved these individuals of these bloodlines for the very purpose of saving the dragon race from extinction in Illos. I aim to solidify his efforts one day and bring back the dragons to Illos.

+CHARACTER FOCUS+
(I've decided to make it an option to answer one of two character focuses so that the new players don't just say "I don't know." <3
Veteran Players:
AGLARES

+1+
What are your thoughts on Aglares? Have you grown to be fond of her, suspicious of her, scared of her?
I think it's clear where I stand in this matter. I would not allow someone I did not trust into our lands. I was suspicious at first, of course, but that has long since faded.
+2+
In your opinion, has Aglares earned the trust of the Order? Should she be allowed on the estate? Should she be allowed access to the libraries and meadow?
I place my complete trust in Aglares. She has proved herself both by Blood Oath and by action to be an invaluable ally.

Outer #5

+1+

"I'm... not actually really sure. There's still so much for me to learn. It's hard to tell where to start and where to stop. Y'know?"

+2+

"Most of it is kind of both, actually. Haha. The fact that I can do it at all is amazing, the beauty of it, the magic of it, all of it, but I don't... really know what to do with it, either. It could be so.. so... harmful, I guess? Like, even the plague and everything is based off of mana, right? It's too... strong, maybe?"

+3+

"Well, I guess so. I've... never really thought about it. Why would I want to leave? I like it here."

+4+

"Erhm... That guy, Goliath. He seems... strong? Like! People look up to him. He's a good fighter. Even I can tell."

+5+

"This one I can answer! I want to help! If we can, I want to defeat Ogual, and then after that... I don't know. But I'm sure I'll think of something by that time. I don't want to waste it."
True Heart

+1+

"There is much I have yet to learn, and were I to be frank, there is nothing I should wish to avoid. It would disgrace that which I have been given. I do, however, intend to fully master my bonded ability with Agni. She is the dragon of pure mana, claiming mastery in no one aspect. It is a reality I understand with my mind, but I still struggle to comprehend whether or not this disadvantages me, and if so, to what extent. The best I can hope to do in this moment, when the world of mana remains so young and new to me, is follow her lead and explore the depths of this power as deeply as I may without attending to any one element. How can I speak of myself as her tamer while failing to grasp such an integral part of who she is, and what she is capable of?"

+2+

"It has been said that there is naught to fear but fear itself, and we fear what we do not understand. Mana does not scare me at all. Its potential is dangerous, perhaps, but in the end it is a tool. No more, no less, and no scarier than the person who wields it. I could wax eloquent on the wonder of it, but I have no more fear of it than I would have of a very good knife. Mana is a wonder itself. What little I understand of it only makes me hunger to learn more, but I find its true value lies in how it ties Agni and I together. In a sense, perhaps I feel that we are more one when I rely on her for the strength to use it than at any other time."

+3+

"Is it his right? What right has any man to claim dominion over another? No, I do not believe it is his right. As I understand it, however, it is his obligation, and I cannot fault him for that. They have given us power, but as with all power bestowed, they run the risk of having us use it against them, against the world. To flippantly allow us to run free after running such a risk would quite simply be sheer idiocy, and I would think the worse of him for it. To many, we are hope. I have no expectation of answering this hope, but hope is hope, and its value far surpasses my life's worth, even by my own estimation."

+4+

"If you are asking me to make a perfect choice among imperfect options, I can only say I have not the wisdom for that. I shall say, however, that it would be the height of foolishness to cast any but Terria or Goliath in that role. I have been here three days, and yet still know nothing about the girls named Aranel and Dalaith, Kalona has already an enemy in Requiem, Avren is a bumbling, if not timid creature, and Sairantha a quiet one. Those who remain are new and inexperienced, and have not the right to be leaders, myself included. I have no wish to lead, anyhow, even if I was thought to be capable. From what little I have seen of them, Terria and Goliath seem clever, and strong fighters. I cannot say if they would be good leaders, but one of them is bound to make a good general, and that, at least, is what we need right now."

+5+

"Do? A difference? Even if we do manage to defeat Ogual, I doubt I shall be among the living, and for now, what higher purpose have we humble servants than that? If my life extends beyond this scourge, and death no longer hangs over my head with every passing moment, I will do as I was told an ancestor of mine did, a long time ago. I will devote my life to studying mana, and live until I am tired of life, or perhaps whenever someone else grows tired of me. I always suspected I had a bit of the scholarly hermit somewhere in my veins." *brief laugh. "How our ancestors do validate our secret fears of being less than men."

Last edited:

WEEK FOUR
Questions!

+1+
What are your thoughts on Queen Valaeria and her arrival here? How do you think the Order should respond?

+2+
What is your role, as a dragon tamer in the New Order, in the political world?

+3+
If you were the ruler of a country in Illos and new arrived that the Order existed and was residing in a private estate in the North, how would you respond?

+Character Focus!+
AVREN

+1+
What are your thoughts on Avren?

+2+
What is Avren's biggest weakness and what are his biggest strengths?

+6+
Do you think he's a useful asset in the Order, or could he pull his weight more?​

Questions!

+1+
What are your thoughts on Queen Valaeria and her arrival here? How do you think the Order should respond?
I was rather hostile, annoyed even when she got here and when I had to speak to her, I just raged. A nation that could had... stopped my familie's demise. She... explained herself, I still am not quite sure about the truth behind her words, but they seem reasonable for the most part.

+2+
What is your role, as a dragon tamer in the New Order, in the political world?
None, it is a game I do not understand.

+3+
If you were the ruler of a country in Illos and new arrived that the Order existed and was residing in a private estate in the North, how would you respond?
By essentianly seeking a formal way of communication. Diplomat and then to see if a meeting could be appointed to discuss what could be done to support the effort... but I don't know the details to how this works.

+Character Focus!+
AVREN

+1+
What are your thoughts on Avren?
I do not know who you are talking about.... literally.

+2+
What is Avren's biggest weakness and what are his biggest strengths?
Existing? Like... being noticed.... literally.

+6+
Do you think he's a useful asset in the Order, or could he pull his weight more?
Not at all. Being invisible and nonexistant... and such.... I think you are trying to lie to me! Pretending there is one that never was there to begin with!