SOLVED Private Messages

• Before posting a thread, please take a look at the Iwaku FAQs to see if your question has already been answered there!

• Welcome back, Iwaku! While we are still working on the site to get it back into shape, we've come back online so you can get back to doing what you love. Check out this announcement for more details.

DDarko

Edgebabby
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts A Day, A Few Posts a Week
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced
Genders You Prefer Playing
Female
I’m currently having an issue where when I attempt to private message someone it brings me to a weird page. It tells me to choose a category but the drop down box is blank. I need some assistance because my phone is all I have for now. I’d hate to be inactive because I can’t reach out to anyone. Help please 12DEC162-3AE3-43D1-9DF0-3220F6971C3F.png

Summer

A Haunt From Beyond
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Chat Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Writing Levels
Adaptable
Male, Female, Transgender, Androgynous, Primarily Prefer Male
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Aggressive, but I am adaptable and can act as a passively as well.
Favorite Genres
Dystopian, horror, historical, mystery, and certain fandoms. Other genres that I occasionally tend to enjoy include apocalyptic, post-apocalyptic, science fantasy, low fantasy, science fiction, and paranormal/supernatural.
Genre You DON'T Like
High fantasy, modern, smut, and anything starring anthromorphic characters. I also tend to dislike most Roleplays revolving around high schools, campgrounds, academies, and colleges.
If it helps anyone who is trying to solve this issue, I am also having this problem and I am not using mobile.

Peregrine

Waiting for Wit
SITE SUPPORT
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays, Not Taking RP Invites at this Time
Posting Speed
One Post a Day, One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
On fairly regularly, every day. I'll notice a PM almost immediately. Replies come randomly.
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige
Primarily Prefer Male
Fairly aggressive. I'm perfectly happy to guide the story, but if your posts never move the plot forward at all, then we'll have a problem.
Favorite Genres
Modern fantasy is my personal favorite, followed closely by high fantasy and post-apocalyptic, but I can happily play in any genre if the plot is good enough.
Genre You DON'T Like
Not a big fan of purely realistic stories. I want something more than real life in my plots please!
Hello! I've heard of a few ways to fix this, but one I know works for sure is to go into your inbox and create a new conversation category. On desktop it's to the left of your conversations. On mobile you need to hit the "categories" button under "Start conversation". As soon as you successfully create a new category, Iwaku will be able to find and list the default category of "All Conversations", as well as the new one you just created, in the formerly blank drop down menu.

I believe the newly added category can be deleted after that if you don't want to use it, but I haven't tested it myself, so if you decide to do that please report back and let me know. ^_^

Nemopedia

Storms lie. A breeze it becomes. A breath it ends.
SECURITY DEPARTMENT
The blubbing encyclopedia
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
GMT +1/2 | CET/CEST | Random, mostly on my phone
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
No Preferences
Both, depending how much there is going on already.
Favorite Genres
Tragedy, Psychological, Historical, Steampunk, Mystery, Thriller, Sci-fi, see tag list for more...
Genre You DON'T Like
Romance
To add in on what Peregrine said, there is also a resource that explains the matter which you can follow.