Princess Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lean horse and a cloaked rider rode up to the Gray Place. The animal looked half-wild, and the rider wore a delicate piece of metalwork around her forehead, an aqua stone hanging between matching eyes. This was the princess of the vast desert kingdom. The previous year had been her first at this meeting. Then, she had come with a full entourage of armed desert riders. But there had been no need of them. So this year, she had chosen to come alone.

The princess dismounted and gave the horse a slap. It cantered away, the rope halter still about its head. The princess entered the building.
"I am Princess Sarcina of Eremus," she said, and proceeded to greet the others.

Sarcina clasped her hands behind her and firmly nodded her head to Princess Muu. She cared not for the girl, nor for her kingdom, nor for tea itself, but a respectful greeting was called for.
Hands still clasped, Sarcina nodded to Princess Kaguya (that relationship must be maintained) and to Princess Beatrice (hopefully she would not take offence for the fighting between their peoples).
The child and the doll Sarcina ignored. She did not take Childe seriously, and she refused to show respect to a plaything.
Sarcina gave the token greeting to Princess Fujiwara, along with a pleasant smile. She hoped to be able to converse further with the strong rebel.
Princess Elythria and Princess Althea were nodded to; one Sarcina did not remember from the year before, and the other was from a distant region Sarcina scarce paid attention to.
Then there was the horse. Sarcina hesitated. Was an animal worthy of respect? It wore a tiara. Sarcina had heard some claim their horses were smarter than they were. Perhaps they were intelligent indeed...
Slowly, Sarcina nodded in respect to Princess Onyxa. Then she unclasped her hands.

After greeting the other princesses in her own fashion, Princess Sarcina turned and went to stand beside a chair. It was customary in Eremus to remain standing until all were ready to sit. At least, at special occasions. And this qualified.

Reactions: RaccoonKing
"If this isn't the place, I don't know what would be." A single traveler, on foot and covered with the dust of the road, stood some distance from a certain building. What had caused the comment was not the structure, but the collection of vehicles and people that had gathered outside of it. The place was a chaotic jumble of themes and colors to the eyes of one unaccustomed to the travel choices of royalty. "They're definitely not trying to hide.

Almost before the words were finished, a large bag on the traveler's back started to...wiggle? Yes, it bounced, and shifted, and then a flap opened and a stream of semi-transparent material flowed out. "Ooooh, we're here?!" The voice was clearly not from the person standing there; it was feminine and energetic and bubbly. Not 'cheerful' bubbly but 'the sound of large air pockets breaking the surface of water' bubbly. The odd mass of blue hit the ground, and as it did, it changed its form. In a matter of seconds, the traveler had been joined by a girl...if one could consider a partially opaque figure that was blue from head to toe as a girl. It was girl shaped anyway, did that count?

"Woooow! This is amazing!" The girl, who's only non-blue item was a silver tiara perched on her head, stared at everything and then some. The watery burble had left her voice with the settling of her form. "What's that? Hey, hey, look at the horses! Oh oh oh somebody's going inside, I wanna see what's insiiiiide!" She had seen more people in one place before, but not so many different looking people, and the objects the princesses had come in on were fascinating as well. She took off at a run towards the center of the space before her companion could call for her to wait.

Fortunately, it was easy to outrun a slime...even without actually running. "Oi, oi! Aren't you forgetting something, Meriri?" She stopped in her tracks as the person she thought she left behind appeared suddenly in front of her. "Huh? I forgot what, Naty?"

"Nathan, not Naty. It's just as long either way, so use the right one!" Her companion gave her an exasperated look, but the pat to the top of her head seemed roughly affectionate rather than annoyed. "You're forgetting what the queen said to do before you went in, aren't 'cha? You talked about it enough before we left."

"The thing I was supposed to do bef--" Her puzzled tilt of the head and blank expression suddenly burst into understanding. "Oh! I remember! That's super-duper easy, I'll be done with that in a flash!" And there was a small flash, perhaps of light reflecting from the tiara on her head, as the humanoid shape she held started to change. In a matter of moments, nearly all of the things that made her appear non-human had disappeared, all but the occasional drip that threatened to fall from the hem of her dress. "Tah-daaah!" She held out her arms and twirled upon one perfectly defined foot, complete with slippers to match her gown. "Now I'm ready, right?"

"Yep. So how about this? You go check out that place, I'll talk to people out here. I don't see any fancy-looking girls out here, so the people you want to see are probably in there." He pointed at the building, while the other arm casually held onto Meriri's arm to prevent the over-excited princess from racing to the first thing that caught her eye.

"Okay!" That said, the second she was let go, Meriri bolted for the colorful thing with all the kids near it instead. It took some time for her to stop chattering at everyone she could meet, and even more to quit trying to climb into or on top of the transport for the other princesses. Not that she knew what it was. As a result, several other princesses arrived and went into the building before she actually approached it. She bounced - it wasn't quite a skip, but it was close - up to the door and grabbed the handle. "Open, open, open!" It turned, but pulling didn't work. "Open, open, op-wah!" Apparently throwing all her weight against it wasn't a great idea, as the door swung inward and she fell on her face on the floor. "Oops."

Mood unchanged, the now-brunette giggled and looked up, prepared to climb to her feet. That was when she realized she had fallen face-first into a room full of other people. Normally this would have prompted an introduction or a hello, but her attention was caught by what stood right in front of her previously planted face. "Ooooh..." Her eyes sparkled with wonder and curiosity as she stared at the four-legged shape in front of her. "Super shiny...!" she breathed.

She wanted to know what it tasted like, but the fluttery tip of a multi-colored tail wouldn't hold still long enough for her to grab it and still stare at its owner. "Hi, I'm Meriri, what's your name, you smell like magic, where're you from, is this as tasty as it looks, are you a princess, your dress looks really yummy too, hey you have pretty wings, wow!" The string of questions and comments came out in one breath and at high speed, yet she wasn't short of breath at all, and she smiled at the tiara-wearing equine as if nothing at all was odd.

Suddenly a hollow bell sound rang out through the Gray Place. A deep and somewhat ominous voice boomed, "Lunch is served." And suddenly the meeting table transformed into a long dining table with a limp and lifeless looking gray table cloth. Plates and utensils appeared, along with what seemed to be a cement block upon a platter. But nay, this wasn't a hunk of rock, although it could surely pass for one. It was the famous Gray Place cake! It looked like a rock, it felt like a rock, and it tasted like a dry sponge. If you had ever eaten a dry sponge that is.

Upon the plates appeared a plain and simple salad. And by simple, it means that there was only lettuce. It seemed the Gray Place chef wasn't very fond or knowledgeable of salad ingredients or condiments.

"Enjoy." The ominous voice said, leaving silence in it's wake.

- -

The Sarcina bitch's' obvious snub had left Aryakumara in a funk. Not even marvelling at the talking pony could get her feelings up. And now lunch was served and she was staring at a mass of green leaves. Where was the meat? And that damnable cement block seemed to be leering at her and mocking her! This was what she hated about the Gray Place! The food tasted like crap! And she hated vegetables! She HATED HATED HATED VEGETABLES!!!

With a high pitched scream, Aryakumara launched herself out of her chair and onto the floor. Her screams increasing, she began thrashing about on the floor, her face getting read and her features distorting. "I hate this!! I hate vegetables! HATE HATE HATE! I WANT ICE CREAM! I. WANT. ICE CREAAAMMM!"

On the tantrum scale, the little girl would be at a 7 out of 10 but it wouldn't be long until she reached the highest level. Her fingers were turning into claws and her skin had a reddish tint.

- -

"Oh how disgustingly plain and uninteresting." Princess Anaxarete sighed when her and her procession reached the steps of Gray Place. She ignored all of the other princesses' guards and parties, but she smiled at the procession from Childe. It seemed her darling Aryakumara was--

"I WANT ICE CREAAAMM!!" A very familiar voice filled with rage echoed out from Gray Place. The procession from Childe shifted uncomfortably and one of them gave Princess Anaxarete a pleading look.

The Princess smiled and entered the place. She walked at a lethargic pace until she reached the dining room, where lunch had already been served. Which she was completely fine with. It would taste like sand whether she got their early or not.

"Oh well isn't this a pleasant surprise! It seems there are some new princesses this time around!" Anaxarete exclaimed, giving the alicorn and the hyperactive princess a smile.

Aryakumara who was still screaming on the floor stopped instantly upon hearing her dear friend's voice, and scrambled to her feet.

"Annie!" She screeched, flinging herself at the princess of Conundrum. Her features returned back to that of a normal child as 'Annie' embraced her.

Suddenly, she was just standing there, in front of the grey place. Nobody knew how she got there, or what she was doing there in the first place, because she wasn't one to sit down and have civilized conversation. In fact, everyone was better off without her, yet she stuck around like a nail in their eyes every year. With a mischievous grin on her face, she stepped inside

She made her entrance by walking upside down from the ceiling, striking a distastefull pose before speaking. "Good day everyone, what's hanging? Oh wait, that would be me!" Mawaru laughed uncontrollably at her own joke, before flipping around and landing on the floor. "Hello there, Annie, nice to see you again. I also see we have some new additions this year, quite a lot in fact, let me take a look..." Her eyes wandered across the room, viewing the newcomers from head to toe. Finally, her eyes landed upon princess Onyxa, after which her jaw dropped visibly. "What the FUCK is that!? A goddamn horse?" At first, she only snickered slightly, but soon her eyes began to tear up and she broke down laughing, banging her fist on the floor. "I can't believe this, it's perfect! I mean look at her, she's even got a tiara and everything!" After finishing laughing her guts out, Mawaru stared disappointedly at the dining table. "Same shit as always, I suppose... Good thing I brought my own lunch!" She took a piece of the grey cake, grabbed a chair, and walked up the wall to the ceiling, sitting down. "Hey, Annie, you like riddles. Can you guess what this is?" She held out the piece of dry food in her hand. "It's upside-down cake!" She laughed some more at her incredibly bad pun.

Elerith found this place to her distaste. One princess, who her mind had dubbed as an enemy for now, showed no respect all but to her, the horse and a few other strange princesses. It honestly made her sick that she was not attacking them all for no reason but her enjoyment but for her kingdom she was here, that and here duty. Anyway, the doll remained still for the next few minutes as time flew by, a few others arriving. It was only then the demon worked out who the 'rude' one was. This was mostly due to her lack of attention on her. "Princess of Eremus..." The voice was cold, and harsh as it passed the stitches, the doll still immobile. Other than that she said nothing more.

The food came and she was forced into a bad dilemma. As a doll she was unable to eat the food that sat sinfully before her but she had a huge dislike for taking any humanoid related form. However, by continuing to keep herself in this form she was to small to be seen. A chilly sigh passed her form as she started the process of taking her 'child' form. It was no magic but instead a process her body could take. Red light spilled upon her as it wrapped like silk ribbon around her form. It was a quick change as the dull light vanished to reveal a child of nine or possibly ten. Red hair was pulled into two high pigtails as dull blue orbs stared at them all blankly with nothing more than a glimmer of light in those pale orbs. The tiara with black gems were settled upon her head as she adorned a black dress that reached her knees along with patches of grey linings or frills, much to her hatred.

Now tall enough to see everyone she glanced around with curious eyes before she settled her hands upon her lap, a doll resting there too. Demons provided others with no sight of what they felt, this was no exception. She wasn't about to give up on the blank facade she expertly manipulated. With a gentle sigh the demon pursed her lips. "When will we discuss important matters?" She asked quietly to herself. Elerithe was barely comfortable around others that were not her own kind. "I want to see Yukimura again soon..."

Idly she poked at the food in front of her. In all honesty, she missed her guard as he was the only demon she spoke with when she was not working to help her kingdom in any way. A festival was going to occur soon and she was intent on seeing it go through! She adored those festivals but alliances and such were oh sooooo important. War was just natural to her and her kind, in fact they would probably embrace it if she returned with such news! However she wasn't going to allow that, she hoped.

Softly the demon that had taken a humanoid form for the first time during these meetings cocked her head to one side, a small frown on her lips. It was not her intention to be fearful of the food but she was regardless. Poison was always a factor that she was concerned about, even if this was the Grey Palace. However, she did pluck a small sandwich from the plate to which she nibbled at quietly. Elerithe found her presence here even more uncomfortable since she found that few would have a good conversation with a demon, specially with her subjects reputation. "Idiots...they are idiots sometimes..." She murmured before closing her eyes, leaning back. "Yukimura isn't an idiot...some others aren't...the rest definetely are." By now she definetely had begun to talk to herself. "Ah..." She paused before looking over to the princess of the east. Reaching over she tugged lightly on the kimono sleeve. "Kaguya-hime, May I ask you something?" There was a small silence before the normally shy demon spoke again. "One of my friends...despite his demon heritage has been gifted a eastern name." Her voice was a quiet whisper now, specially since she did not want to fall under suspicion from the others. "Could you tell me more about your kingdom? Other kingdoms were not something I was taught about..."

After all, this was the first time Elerithe had come in hopes of making alliances.

A silly princess burst in and landed on the floor. Princess Anaxarete entered the building. That creature from Topsy-Turvy appeared on the ceiling. Sarcina resisted the urge to sigh, re-clasped her hands behind her, and nodded to each of them before taking her seat. The child's screaming for ice cream had made Sarcina uneasy, but thankfully it had come to naught. Ice cream sounded like a pleasant thing to eat; Sarcina too wished it were in the place of the dry, grey cake.

It was possible that Sarcina enjoyed the prospect of lettuce more than did any other princess. The leaves were green, juicy, and had a better flavor than the cabbage of Eremus. As she nibbled the leaves, Sarcina turned to Princess Althea.

"I understand your kingdom is distant," she said, "and as it is named, full of enchantments. There is little magic in Eremus, and I would be interested to hear of yours."

Sarcina was not here to focus on gaining new alliances, as she felt Eremus was safe enough on its own. She planned to make as few enemies as possible and to gain any knowledge that could be useful to her homeland.

After hugging and calming Aryakumara, Anaxarete took a seat at the table and grinned up at the Topsy-Turvy princess. "A delightful pun as always, Mawaru!" She said, laughing along with the other princess. "Oh! I just remembered that I brought a present for you!" She trilled happily and dug into the small purse that she had brought with her. She pulled out a stone cube that looked as though it was the offspring of the Gray Place cake. But this cube was round at the edges and not at all edible. It was in fact a special type of rock that when it was smashed, the fallen pieces formed other shapes. She herself, had no such use for it, but she figured that the Topsy-Turvy princess would like it.

"It's a stone that when thrown
Gives way to not just a mess alone
But many shapes does it form
And changes color when it's warm." Anaxarete explained with a smile knowing that the other princess would understand her.

- -

Tantrum avoided, Aryakumara sat at the table and began shoveling the lettuce into her mouth in hopes of not being able to taste the horrid flavor. When she was finished, she stared at the Gray Place Cake and then back at her knife. Did the chef think that she could simply slice the mound of sediment with her butter knife? Maybe it was soft despite looking hard as...Well a rock.

Lifting her knife slowly, Aryakumara pressed it down on a corner of the cake and the 'pastry' immediately crumbled. All of it. With an 'eek!' of surprise, the child scooped a few crumbs onto her plate and promptly ignored the fact that she had just broken the dessert.

"This would have never happened with ice cream." She muttered, glowering at her plate.

- -

Princess Muu of Teacup had been silent for quite awhile, as she was receiving a telepathic message from her adviser back at the kingdom. She had left the young man in charge but it seemed that she was needed back at her kingdom.
She stood up quickly and headed towards the door. She turned back to the princesses and gave them an apologetic look. "I apologize deeply, but I am needed in my kingdom. Good day!" She called as she ran down the hall, entered her carriages and rode off into the sunrise.

A child of only twelve strode into where everyone was having lunch. Surely she had been late, it had took the princess of Arcus forever to reach the Gray Palace. She had rode by carriage all the way from her home country. It had been dreadfully long. Iris, this was the princess's name, took a seat where Muu had stood up from. Why was the Teacup princess leaving at such an early time? They hadn't even began discussing the topics they needed to discuss. Brushing a white curl behind her ear, the princess began to speak. "What have I missed? I am dreadfully sorry I am late. Am I late? I don't know. It took absolutely foooorrreeevvverrr," she drawled out the word, "to get here. Is that a pony?" she asked, her brown eyes landing on Onxya. There were few horses in Arcus, if there were any they belonged to royalty.

A childish grin formed against Iris' soft lips.
"That is a pony! I love ponies. They are always better with rainbows. Like my mother always says, Rainbows are best!" Iris' mother was the Greek Goddess of Rainbows herself, it was only coincidence that Iris had been named after her mother.

The princess reached out towards the cake, wanting to take a piece, but then saw that it had just.. crumbled into tiny pieces with just a touch. Iris giggled,
"Oh no! The cakes gone! Aryakumara! It's nice to see you again!." she said, quite loudly. She tended to be like this with others, friendly and very childish.

Meriri looked toward the door when someone entered. Her mouth made a small O in amazement when the new person proceeded to walk on the ceiling. Was it impolite to stare? She wasn't quite sure...and besides, this was too interesting to not watch! She had also stared at the girl who yelled about 'ice cream', and gasped when food mysteriously showed up on the table. There was so much to take in! "Ooooh..." In one fluid movement - as if her clothing and limbs held some disregard for gravity - she went from prone to standing, then bounce-skipped over to an open chair. The food was unlike anything she had seen before, and kept crumbling as people attempted to eat it, but that just gave her an idea. "Heehee, you're not getting away from me that easily!"

With that, she snagged the block-shaped thing in both hands, raised it to her mouth, and put it in. An odd muffled sound came from her mouth, as if something swished about in a pool of thick syrup; her cheeks poked out far less than the size of the cake that had entered. Then there was an audible gulp. "Yay, new fla...huh? It doesn't taste like anything..." Disappointment flooded her face. Then Meriri picked up the plate and bit the edge, just a bit, before she put it back down with wide eyes. "This plate tastes better than the food...was that food really food?"

Though confused, it wasn't long before something else caught her attention. "Hey, hey," she called to the child princess, "You were the one yelling about ice cream, but I don't get it, can't we just ask the person who brought this food to give us ice cream? I like ice cream too, everyone does right? We should have some together!" Meriri spoke in the same fast-paced, cheery tone that she seemed to use for everything except bland food, apparently. There was no sign of worry in her expression either; in fact, she stood with her hands clasped behind her back and swayed gently where she stood. Anyone with sharp ears might notice that her skirt moved without rustling. "Did you know somebody came here in a big bouncy thing? It looked fun so I went over but the kids there didn't let me go in, do you know them? They kinda look like you a little bit..."

-

Under normal circumstances, Mokou would have been less than pleased to see the princess of Conundrum enter. This wasn't due to any particular problem with the kingdom, but due to the princess. That was usually the case when comparing Ootori's international connections with its princess's interpersonal ones. Simply put, Anaxerete's smug sense of superiority was annoying. Even so, she could clench her teeth and deal with it. Most of the time. If she was in a decent mood already. In this situation, though, she was so glad that something had cut off Aryakumara's tantrum that even 'Annie' was a welcome face. When Mawaru also entered, Mokou had to repress the urge to ruffle her own hair in frustration. As if Kaguya wasn't enough... It seemed like all the princesses that she was least at ease with were here this year. She was always pleased to see Sarcina, however, and gave that princess a bow and a slight smile as they passed one another.

"Looks like the food's the same as ever." This comment was directed at no one in particular. She moved to a place strategically chosen to (hopefully) keep her from being surrounded by people who would drive her entirely crazy over the course of the meeting. Since most everyone else was standing, she remained on her feet as well, but poked the Grey Place cake with a fingertip. A second later, a small scorch mark appeared, one that slowly spread across the grey mass with only a small curl of smoke and an increase in the surrounding temperature to reveal the cause. The only thing she knew of that could keep the dry bland cake from breaking apart when poked was to char the outside...not that she planned on eating it. That mistake only needed to be made once. She was tempted, for a moment, to step outside and grill something while the others were chatting, but the meeting could start in that time...and with the current group in mind, she would be better off using the time to come up with a plan.

Reactions: AAB
"Iris!" Aryakumara shrieked, giving the princess of Arcus a wide grin. Next to Anaxarete, Iris was her favorite person, not only because of her age but because of her bubbly personality and the fact that she represented rainbows in general. She scooted back from the table in her chair and ran up to the Greek princess. "It's nice to see you again too!" She said cheerfully and as is custom in Childe, she gave the other princess a hug.

Turning to Meriri, she nodded, surprised that the woman was so pleasant and cheery and hyperactive. Usually most adults tended to be old and boring. With an exception to Anaxarete of course. "Yes, the bounce house acts as my carriage. It is quite fun." She answered, but purposely did not extend an invitation to the other princess. She didn't quite know if she wanted an adult playing in her carriage. Although she was quite interesting. A plan for an alliance was forming in Aryakumara's mind, and the princess of Gelatina was on her list.

"Yes. Ice cream. We should have some, but how do we contact someone who we have yet to see the visage of?" She inquired, tapping her finger against her chin cutely.

As soon as those words exited her mouth, a statue of an older woman appeared at the head of the table. With a crackling grinding sound the woman waved her arm and as quickly as it had appeared all of the food disappeared. The table resumed it's prior form and the statue turned it's head from side to side as it surveyed the princesses.

"I am," it rasped "the Gray Lady of the Gray Place.
I will oversee this meeting of princesses on this day.
Now, we begin. Topic One:
Kingdom Statuses."

Princess Aryakumara nearly jumped a foot into the air. This had certainly never happened before. Perhaps it was because of all of the new princesses that were surfacing? At past meetings they had simply spoken and discussed various things on their own. Either way, if no one else was going to speak first, she might as well.

Standing up and smoothing her dress, Aryakumara prepared speak. "I am Princess Aryakumara of Childe and my kingdom is doing quite well. Our productions rates are at the height of their time and we are currently working on a line of teddy bears that can be raised as if they were regular children. They adapt to their surroundings and how they're treated." She said smiling and sitting down. Yes she was advertising as well as giving the status of her kingdom, but it's not like the Gray Lady said not to.

- -

Princess Anaxarete nodded along to what Aryakumara was saying and when she was finished and had sat down, the Princess of Conundrum stood up.

"I, am Princess Anaxarete of Conundrum and the status of my kingdom depends on what class you're thinking of. The upper class is doing excellently. They grow more intelligent each day. The lower class however...Well. They're still alive." And with that she gave a little 'teehee!' and sat down.

Meriri let out a startled sound, rather like the splosh of a bar of soap falling through a thick layer of bubbles, at the statue-lady that appeared. When it/she spoke, however, her eyes ceased being wide and spooked, the stare turning to one of interest. "Whew, not a golem, it's a...what is it?" Normally she would have been disappointed at the loss of the food, but she was too curious about the talking rock creature to really notice. "Oooh...are you magic? Are there wizards here? Can you guys bring us ice cream, we'd really like that!" As she spoke, she approached the Grey Lady's position at the head of the table, her skirts squishing and springing back into their original shape with each chair she slipped past. When she was close enough, she reached out a hand in an attempt to touch the statue. Yet apparently she had been listening to the others too. "Hi, I'm Meriri from Gelatina! We're doing really well there this year...We've gotten lots more new slimes to join Us, and even some humans and people of other races!" She tapped her chin, almost like Aryakumara had just before, as she added, "Oh, there was a little problem with hobgoblins getting out of the underground the week before I left, but we dealt with them without anybody getting hurt this time, and it turns out they were just hungry so we had to get everyone to move the western market. We would like to start trading with other kingdoms, and making roads, and then everyone could visit and we could have a party to celebrate!"

The last thing Mokou had expected was for a statue to appear and start leading the meeting. Why hadn't there been someone doing that before? It wasn't as if any previous meetings had been horribly derailed by arguments or anything, causing a possible need for some kind of mediator. She snickered at her own thoughts, then again at the sight of the perky new girl trying to sneak over to the statue. This was the first year she could think of where interaction between the princesses and whoever ran the Grey Place had happened at all. Yet they always seemed to know exactly what took place within the meeting hall, so the chances of actually surprising this 'Grey Lady' seemed tiny, from where she stood. She shrugged inwardly and kept an eye on things even as she spoke up. "Fujiwara no Mokou, of Ootori." She gave a small bow toward the assemblage as a whole. "The lands and people remain healthy and strong this year. There have been a few issues: trespassers on our eastern boarder trying to take territory that doesn't belong to them, an increase in banditry on trade roads leading north and west." There was a clear note of pride in her voice as she added, "We dealt with both problems, pushing the troublemakers out beyond our borders." Not without losses, but she didn't feel the need to advertise that. "Smiths at the Forge have a new product in development; it's still being perfected but items should be available for trade before this time next year." With that said, she took her seat.

Iris stood once the Princesses of Ootori and Geletina had sat. A smile graced the soft, pink lips of the twelve year old girl. "I am Princess Iris of Arcus!" she annouced, as if she was the best person at the entire table. Her white hair fell in curls down her back and bounced whenever she moved. Her wide, brown eyes were filled with joy and pride. "The kingdom is in a quite joyous state. Our crops are growing quite efficiently and quickly, thanks to my wonderful mother. Every villager has a job and pockets full of money, causing the economy to be in excellent shape. Plus, I, myself have been working on a Portable Rainbow, so you may be able to have a rainbow wherever you are!" It wasn't a truly great idea, Portable Rainbows, but Iris thought that if she made them, she would be able to bring joy to even the darkest of lands.

Iris bowed before sitting down. A smile still set upon her childish face. Reaching upwards, she adjusted her crown.
"Thank you all for listening. I truly appreciate it." she said.

The princess began digging inside of her tiny, white purse before pulling out a piece of chocolate. Iris had been craving chocolate ever since she came here. Taking off the wrapper, Iris popped the piece of choclate inside of her mouth. She knew the other princesses would be mad at her for eating it, but there was no edible at this table.

Kaguya didn't quite know how to respond to the princess of Eremus. There was very much to be said about her kingdom, and she wanted to ask where she would like for her to start, but she was interupted by lunch, the grey lady, and some of the other princesses leaving. She was quite sad to see that Muu had to leave. She was after all one of her most fondest friends. And she wasn't the only one who had made a quick appearance just to disappear as fast, either. Well, the meeting had officially commenced, and so the protocol had to be followed. She cleared her throat and stood up, making sure the hem of her dress fell just the way it should "Well, as princess of the kingdom of The Far East I am proud to announce that our economy is moving along as perfectly as ever. We have made a lot of technological progress, taking a lot of the burden off the farmer's shoulders, and our court physician recently found a cure to an ailment that has plagued our population for an extended period of time, which we will start exporting to every other nation as soon as the final touch-ups have been made." She sat back down, as any important piece of information that had to have been told had been told.

Beatrice was genuinely upset over the departure of the other princesses. She was so looking forward to this year, because it seemed like it was going to be so exciting. With a sigh, she snapped her fingers and made her pipe appear again, lightly puffing on it with a disappointed expression. After Kaguya was finished, she figured it might as well be time for her to step up
"Hello everyone, I am as familiar princess Beatrice of The Far West, and our kingdom is moving forward at a steady pace. We recently decided to raise the wealth taxes further in order to focus more on financial aid to the more vulnerable groups of our society. We haven't been receiving too many complaints, and we have seen a remarkable decrease in premature death withing the lower class, and a recent survey tells us that the attitude towards the government is at an all time peak, which we would like to maintain for as long as possible." She sat back down, continuing smoking on her pipe.

Mawaru kicked her chair back and stood up, raising her hand, all while still hanging from the ceiling. Quite fascinatingly, not one aspect of her signalled that she was out of place, as not a signle hair was hanging down as if affected by normal gravity. "'Sup everyone, so my peeps and I are doing great. One might even say that the state of affairs within our kingdom can be quite uplifting." And with that, she sat back down... Or up.

As the call came for kingdom statuses, one girl spoke of soft toys and another of a rich elite. She who had fallen upon entering spoke of slimes and hobgoblins, then the princess of Ootori mentioned trespassers she had pushed out. Princess Sarcina never had to deal with trespassers; Eremus had no definite border. A girl spoke of a portable rainbow, but Sarcina could think of no practical use for the novelty. Sarcina nodded in approval as the Eastern princess described a cure her kingdom had brought about. That, at least, was progress. The Western princess gave a status remarkably opposed to that of the second princess to speak. Sarcina tried to ignore the princess on the ceiling; her antics were a bit unnerving.

"Eremus steadily strengthens," Sarcina began, "we have no border issues, for a trespasser or invader would have to fight our terrain and our climate as well as our warriors, who are not weak on their own. We also do not differentiate between social statuses as some of you seem to. Some of us have more horses or bigger families than others, but I have noticed no distinct division. Our goat breeding has done well this past year, our does producing more milk than their mothers did and our bucks meatier than their sires."

Elerithe was stopped by the princesses beginning to talk about the state of their lands individually, information that was instantly stored within her mind. She did need to know facts that she may later need to use against them if there was a war to start. After a moment or two she stood, her small form making it so she barely got above the table much to her displeasure. In stead she got slightly annoyed and climbed up onto her seat, brushing the skirts of her dress down as she faced the others, small fingers interlocked before her.

"I am Princess Elerithe of Azzorkar." She stated, cocking her head to a side for a moment, causing the pigtails to bounce upon her shoulders as she tried to recall anything new to her lands. "I guess our economy is better since we are finding more resources..." She added, scratching her cheek softly before humming. "Other than that we are preparing for one of our festivals. We have had to increase the number of our hunters though since more demons are escaping to cause chaos...that is all I can say unless you call me telling you what occurs on my streets news." After all, she doubted they would want to know the gruesome details of the brawls.

Taking a seat back down she made sure her skirts were settled before gasping softly. "Ah... If any of my people have escaped my territory and cause a ruckus in your lands please inform me...we have had a few demons leave the lands." Even if that was not an offence, she could not settle and believe they would do nothing. They were demons after all and so they were bound to do something utterly stupid!​

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.