Princes of the Apocalypse - DnD 5e Module

U

Uneasy Goat

Original poster
"The threat of Elemental Evil surfaces in different worlds of the multiverse whenever the force known as the Elder Elemental Eye tests its strength. In its current incarnation, Elemental Evil arises in the Sumber Hills. The scattered towns and isolated homesteads of this frontier now face a dire threat. If the forces of Elemental Evil can't be defeated before they grow, madness and destruction could spread unchecked through the North."

This is a DnD campaign I'm currently running in real life with a few players, but I want to make the game as immersive as possible. I've currently got 83 pages of campaign written out, so in terms of story to play there is plenty (and writing more by the day).

So speaking of purpose:
I want this to be purely story/roleplay as opposed to an actual "DnD over forum" session, so I'm going to limit certain character attributes and lay them out so you don't have to have any real "Dungeons and Dragons" knowledge to play. Lore-wise, I'm making the world mine, so if you know anything about the Forgotten Realms... Forget it.

Long story short, I want to see some of the NPCs I've written given new life and the story to be given a new direction. If you're interested in playing, let me know!

Once I get 3-4 people interested, I'll create request thread with all of the information for making characters and more world information. A lot of the intro is based on the people playing, so I want to keep that fluid until I've got set players.

I was expecting "D&D on a forum" or similar. But this seems...interesting. The aim, I take it, would be that we'd take on the roles of NPCs in your IRL campaign, or our characters would become NPCs in that campaign? Because that is a really cool idea and I fully support it.

So, I'd be willing to try it out. Actual D&D 5e experience here, for what it's worth.

I'm Interested, How is character building going to work? Are we going by 5e Rules? What's our level cap? What is allowed in terms of feats? Are we allowed to use homebrew races, weapons, feats? How do you want us to roll for stats? I got a number of questions and I hope we can get them answered soon.

(also on a side note I'll be hosting a Campaign of my own, and this thread just gave me an idea)

Last edited: