Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Science Fiction, Horror, Post-Apoc, Psychological
1542010290251.png
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

OOC | IC
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

It was just a camping trip. You and three of your friends.

Spring break, 2018.

The semester had been a hard one at the University of Colorado so far: grades slipping, all-night benders, losing your relationship; whatever plagued your semester this year, this trip would be the one to put a stop to the hardships.

A week of exploration.

A week of nature.

A week of horror.

On the third night, something in the forest stirred.

Something in the forest changed.

The whole forest changed.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
The Premise

You, and three others, took to the mountains in Colorado for a week's getaway from the college and city life, only to find yourselves in another world!
Work together to survive on this primordial world, filled with dangers unknown!

The Contents

- Giant insects! -
- Ancient illnesses! -
- Dinosaurs! -
- Crafting! -

And more!

The Players

Woodie Elison by irregular-neptune
Swana Night by @Lil Devil
Gretchen Truckey by @lepidoptera
Brae Roden by @Brea

The Sheet

Name:
Major:
About the Character:

Afternote

Bear in mind that all of your characters are friends with one another in some capacity, and that you're the run-of-the-mill college student! You might be friends with one person, but dislike another; and you might have been a Boy Scout as a kid or you could have been a city-slicker all your life! I look forward to what everyone comes up with, and to delving into the world of Primordial!

There is also the option of joining the OPTIONAL Discord server, for all of your communicative and question needs here.

Inspired by Gary Paulsen's 'The Transall Saga'

Last edited:
Hey, everyone. I have set up an OPTIONAL Discord server for people to join and chat in, to communicate with myself or other story members, and to receive updates quickly. You can find it here.

Reactions: lepidoptera
@Lil Devil It might be a strange adventure, but - we've got each others' backs. I mean, it can't be any worse than going to college in Colorado!

@Lil Devil It might be a strange adventure, but - we've got each others' backs. I mean, it can't be any worse than going to college in Colorado!

Yeah that's true hehe though it'll be fun to see the connections between every one and them all trying to survive together

Hey, everyone. I have set up an OPTIONAL Discord server for people to join and chat in, to communicate with myself or other story members, and to receive updates quickly. You can find it here.
Maybe I'm just confused on how discord works, but is this the right link? I joined the server it brought up, but there seems to be more members there than what I'm counting in this OOC, with usernames that aren't at all similar to any of those here. The chat linked here is "Cradle of Worlds."

Sorry if I'm just being stupid and this is in fact correct. To be fair, I had a long day and it is late.

Reactions: lepidoptera

"Personally I'm a fan of ignoring a problem until it goes away ."
Color Ref: ed4b15

• tumblr_mxhxmpLUNx1sy9jofo8_r1_250.gif
    tumblr_mxhxmpLUNx1sy9jofo5_250.gif
    tumblr_mqcupdspbj1qhm3wgo2_250.gif
    tumblr_mx8w8m2Bqp1sy9jofo3_250.gif

Name:
    "Some people just call be Brae."
    . Braeden Anthony Roden .

. 23 .

"Umm... now you got me second guessing myself."
    . Male .

Major:
    "I don't want an office job. Never."
    . Zoology/Animal Biology .

Face Claim:
    "My mom says I'm handsome."
    . Dylan O'Brien .

Personality:
    "I'm loads of fun!"
    . Anyone who's ever gone to school with Braeden would agree that he is the class clown of all class clowns. He's always cracking jokes and making inappropriate faces. Being funny is something Braeden is very proud of, as he believes a good sense of humor is the best quality a person can have. He tends to be over-talkative, often getting himself and others in trouble. Braeden is by nature a very social and kind person, always more than happy to lend a helping hand. He's very much a jokester, and has what is called a contagious laugh. Despite his happy-go-lucky attitude, Braeden is actually a very hard working and surprisingly intelligent young man. Sure, he's not the smartest, but he's also not the dumbest either. Breaden suffers from ADHD, and can almost never sit still. He's also very organized, often color coding his homework and alphabetizing his movie selection. Braeden is non-judgmental and is always looking for a good time. Finally, he is extremely sarcastic, and the more he likes you the more sarcasm you will receive from him .

• tumblr_mx8w8m2Bqp1sy9jofo1_250.gif
    tumblr_mx8w8m2Bqp1sy9jofo4_250.gif
    tumblr_mxhxmpLUNx1sy9jofo7_r1_250.gif
    tumblr_mqcupdspbj1qhm3wgo9_250.gif

"I'm just trying to have some fun."

Breaden grew up in a four person family, with a twin sister. From a young age the differences between him and his sister were obvious: She went out to play sports while he stayed in to play video-games. She allowed her room to mess while he put his toys away the moment he was finished with them. She liked to hang out strictly with other little boys, while Breaden got along with everyone. There is one thing, however, that he and his twin sister had in common: They both had a romantic interest in girls.

In school, Braeden was constantly getting in trouble for disrupting class. By the time he got to high school Braeden had discovered what he could do to keep himself busy: Carry around silly putty to play with instead of tapping his pencil, chew gum to keep his mouth busy, pretend to blow his nose when he couldn't stand sitting in his seat any longer. He got in a lot less trouble thanks to these tricks. When he was a senior in high school he realized it was time for him to make a career path. His sister went to school to be a doctor, but the human body grossed Braeden out. Though, he did choose a similar path: Zoology. He knew he'd have to have a hand-on career where he wouldn't be sitting around all the time, and he always had a lot for animals.

Now in his third year of college, Braeden is more stressed than he's ever been. While he still is a jokester, he's been noticing he gets annoyed a lot easier now. Braeden has tried many things to distress himself- mediating, hiking, cleanse diets. But, nothing he tried really seems to be helping. He's really hopeful that a week alone in the woods with his friends will help solve this problem.

• tumblr_mys68gawlc1rk5v78o3_250.gif
    tumblr_mz0mpmYFRZ1rk5v78o2_250.gif
    tumblr_mz0mpmYFRZ1rk5v78o3_250.gif

"I'm so excited to go camping with these guys."
    Swana Knight
    TBA

Woodie Ellison
    TBA

Gretchen Truckey
    TBA

• tumblr_mt6tlaW4bC1qablhto7_r1_250.gif
    tumblr_mt6tlaW4bC1qablhto3_r1_250.gif
    tumblr_mt6tlaW4bC1qablhto2_r1_250.gif

"People rarely ask me to talk about myself this much!"
    ~Likes- Videogames, Superheros, Dancing (even if he isn't any good at it), camping, stary nights, puns, wolves, star wars, kids, tea and supernatural movies.
    ~Dislikes- Rainy days, Thunder storms, Jocks, coffee, chick-flicks, shopping, sushi, silence and chocolate.
    ~ He cannot stand the sight of bare feet
    ~ He once tried to get a tattoo, but the moment the needle touched his skin he passed out

"If my body is a temple, then this temple is completely filled with pizza pockets".

Awesome, ah, we're so psyched to have you! I'm psyched!
I can already see a few possible relationship ideas, like - I feel Gretchen is the type to work barefoot, at home. And she didn't realise it made Braeden uncomfortable, felt bad for weeks...
Or possible bonding over 'theoretical' discussions about how it'd be to build a lightsaber... Even if Gretchen doesn't know too much Star Wars lore, the idea is too cool, so -

Anyway! Glad to see you!

Reactions: Brea
@Brea Braeden is cleared for launch! I will have the IC up and running within the next twelve hours or so.

I will be going out of country tomorrow for a few days. I will not be able to post updates until the 10th.

Sorry I've disappared for so long! I promise I'm not dead! Finals are killing me, but I only have a week left until Winter Break!