Primeval RP

P

Psy Zombie

Original poster
--channel three news, here to report that yet another family pet has fallen victim to the mysterious animal, the Hayse's pet chihuahua Boomer disappeared last week and recent remains discovered by local law enforcement has been proven to belong to the much-beloved miniature member of the family--

--tracks discovered near one of the mountain trails have yet to be matched to a specific species, but the sheriff, in an interview with WCHS reporter Sandy Richards, has confirmed that it is indeed some sort of large feline, probably weighing upwards of four hundred pounds--

--with the loss of another horse belonging to local farmers, law enforcement has begun to enforce a curfew for all townspeople, advising that people avoid the mountain trails and stay in the more populated areas, and be inside their homes before dark. We here on channel 13 WOWK will have more for you within the hour--

--this is WVVA TV, with the ten o'clock news, and we are very sorrowful to report today the death of Officer Daniel Wilson, the thirty-year-old husband of Catherine Wilson and father of four-year-old Rebeccah Marie Wilson. His remains were discovered just last night outside the limits of Meadow Bridge--

----------

Something strange has been going on in the small mountain town of Meadow Bridge, West Virginia. A large predatory creature has been preying on the local animals, and recently, even killed a member of the town's law enforcement. The strange descriptions of the animal have begun to attract the attention of the local scientific community, resulting in an investigation that produces startling results: the predator striking fear into the people of Meadow Bridge isn't from our era, but from some time far in the past.

Character Sheets

Character Sheet Template
Name:
Skills:
Equipment:
Physical Description:
Background:

-----------

THE CURRENT CAST:

Name: Lance Bowman
Profession: F.B.I agent :D
Skills: Investimigation, legal what-not, forensicage.
Equipment: Standard-issue sidearm, flashlight, dictaphone, notebook, handkerchief, reading glasses, forensic-kit, badge-of-authoritah.
Physical Description: Hee!
Thaddeus.jpg

Background: Agent Bowman is a 10 year veteran of the Bureau with a clean record and a spotless reputation. He is less known for his clinical and systematic approach to investigation and more for his eccentric OCD mannerisms. He likes things clean and in their place, including people. Born in Pennsylvania, he distinguished himself in the Force during the capture of the Mercury Killer in 98. After joining the Bureau he made every effort to crack down on "X-file" investigations and refine psychological profiling, also lending his aid to cold-case inquiries. It seemed that his desire to have things clean and tidy extended into every department, past and present. Now he is all lined up for a position as Assistant Director and he's not about to let his reputation be sullied by a town of superstitious hysterical retards who smell.

Name: Ian Wright

Profession: Student of paleontology at Marshall University
Skills: Fascinated by prehistoric creatures; has access to many databases containing extensive information on all sorts of extinct animals, and has been working on compiling a complete listing of all known species.
Equipment: Laptop.
Physical Description: Tall and rather gangly, he looks (and acts) younger than his age. Has short red hair, grey eyes, and fair skinned. Rather lacking in the athletics department.
Background: Grew up with an incurable fascination for dinosaurs; turned that fascination into the career he's currently studying for in college. Dreams of becoming a successful paleontologist and making many important contributions to the scientific community in the future; at the moment, however, he just hopes to graduate from college. Always curious about theories regarding the Loch Ness Monster, Big Foot, the Yeti, and any other imaginable tall tale including monsters, his interest was caught when he saw a news report mentioning a sighting of a strange-looking creature near Meadow Bridge, only two and a half hours away from his campus in Huntington, and decided to head over there for the holiday weekend in order to investigate in the hopes of finding something.

Name: Yuujirou Tazema

Profession: Student of mythology at Marshall University
Skills: A knowledgeable historian, particularly of mythology.
Equipment: MP3, swiss army knife, cell phone
Physical Description: Female, black eyes, black hear with sky blue streaks, 5"7', spiked dog collar, black nail polish, black lipstick/eye shadow, sky blue cammie, fishnet long sleeve over shirt, black cargo pants, and combat boots.
Background: Got passed around from foster home to foster home throughout her childhood. She fell in love with mythology while at a museum on a school field trip during the 3rd grade, and has avidly studied it ever since. Got dragged along by her friend Ian to check out something interesting going on in Meadow Bridge.

Name: Tanya Smith
Profession: Animal Behaviorist
Skills: With an interest in animals since she was kicked out from the womb, Tanya carefully and with an OCD-like measure, has found wildlife to be simply amazing. She's visited different countries throughout her life so far and has gone to amazing lengths just to see a glimpse of something in person, even if it means laying down in the soil of a jungle, waiting in that position for twelve hours without even twitching. She loves their behaviors and their personalities, and each animal in the world has a place in her heart.
Equipment: a laptop with countless files and pictures, filled with amazing amounts of information, enough to fit into five good sized dictionaries. Liquid latex (You never know when you can get the mold of a new print left behind by any animal).
Physical Description:
picture.php

Background: Tanya has been working with with the Wildlife Zoo for quite some time, merely biding her time, studying the animals and comparing their behaviors to those of their counterparts in the wild from where they originally came.

Name: Captain Hayden Earle 'Killing Machine' Arcturus (US Army 1ST SOD, ret)
Profession: Mercenary for Black Adder Industries
Skills: Expert Marksman, Sniper qualified, Jump Qualified, Ranger Trained. This Delta Force graduate is more than capable of handling the human threat and has shown a penchant for adapting to the ever changing battlefield.
Equipment:
M-4 SOPMOD (Special Operations Peculiar Modifications)
sopmod_m4_carbine_06.jpg

Desert Eagle Mk XIX (Chambered for the .357 Magnum)
deagle19-kit.jpg

M-21 Sniper Rifle (For the observer role))
m21_m1a.jpg

Physical Description:
Hayden.jpg

Background: Previously a career soldier in the US Army's 1ST Special Operations Detachment, Delta Force, Hayden was disillusioned by the inflexibility of the way the US Army did things and resigned after fifteen years and two tours in Afghanistan. He was signed up as a contractor for North Carolina based Black Adder Industries. His team has been running exercises in the surrounding foothills of Meadow Bridge and has been called up to assist the Sheriff's department until orders from Mynock, North Carolina state otherwise.

Name: Ian Keller
Profession: Mercenary for Black Adder Industries (Formerly a member of the US Army)
Skills: Sharpshooter, Communication Technician, Jump Qualified.
Equipment:
G36C Assualt Rifle with attached laser sight and EOTech holographic sight
picture.php

FN Five-SeveN with flash light
picture.php

And short range communications equipment.

Physical Description:
picture.php

Background: Formerly a competent member of the US Army Signal Corp. Was assigned and deployed with the 82nd Airborne prior to leaving the army and going to work for Black Adder Industries.

Name: Elizabeth Rayne
Profession: Professional hit-man
Skills: expert marksman, fluent in five languages (English, Spanish, French, Russian, and Japanese), excellent horseman, and skilled in archery, fencing, and sansetsukon

Equipment:
SAFN-49
safn49-egitto-intero.jpg

Sansetsukon
sansetsukon.jpg

Physical Description:
1895_large.jpg

Height: 5'4"
Weight: 140 lbs.
Hair: Dark brown
Eyes: Green (I know her eyes aren't green, but just imagine that they are)

Background: Born in London, England, but grew up in several countries as her father was a diplomat for the British government. When her father died at the age of fifty of a heart attack, eight years ago, she left her studies to be a foreign diplomat, and instead trained to be a bodyguard. She was then recruited, privately, by the government to take out personal threats to the crown. From there, she was then propostioned by an old friend of her father's to take some side jobs for a good deal of money. Since then, she has been giving her services to the highest bidder, all without being detected by her employers.

Because of her position in the government, she has diplomatic immunity. Is stationed in West Virginia at the moment, and owns a comfortable three story house with attic and basement.

Background Information

Meadow Bridge, West Virginia
The location where the action is taking place. Formerly a coal mining operation called Beelick Knob, it is found in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, and has a population of roughly 320 people.

Hovatter's Wildlife Zoo
A zoo located in Kingwood, West Virginia, about three and a half hours from Meadow Bridge. It is believed that the Meadow Bridge creature possibly escaped from their facility.

Marshall University
A university with a Biology program that also promotes the study of paleontology. Located in Huntington, West Virginia, about two and a half hours from Meadow Bridge.

Black Adder Industries
A Private Military Corporation based in North Carolina that has contracts with the United States Department of Defense, law enforcement agencies, and some national militaries. Their operators are nothing short of professional soldiers, the global experience of their numbers making them a highly trained, well motivated fighting force.

Reserved for quick summary of current events.

Right, posted up the character sheet template, as well as a list of the basic characters we'll need to get this game running.

Name: Tanya Smith
Profession: Animal Behaviorist
Skills: With an interest in animals since she was kicked out from the womb, Tanya carefully and with an OCD-like measure, has found wildlife to be simply amazing. She's visited different countries throughout her life so far and has gone to amazing lengths just to see a glimpse of something in person, even if it means laying down in the soil of a jungle, waiting in that position for twelve hours without even twitching. She loves their behaviors and their personalities, and each animal in the world has a place in her heart.
Equipment: a laptop with countless files and pictures, filled with amazing amounts of information, enough to fit into five good sized dictionaries. Liquid latex (You never know when you can get the mold of a new print left behind by any animal).
Physical Description:
picture.php
Backround: Tanya has been working with with the Wildlife Zoo for quite some time, merely biding her time, studying the animals and comparing their behaviors to those of their counterparts in the wild from where they originally came.

Name: Captain Hayden Earle 'Killing Machine' Arcturus (US Army 1ST SOD, ret)
Profession: Mercenary for Black Adder Industries
Skills: Expert Marksman, Sniper qualified, Jump Qualified, Ranger Trained. This Delta Force graduate is more than capable of handling the human threat and has shown a penchant for adapting to the ever changing battlefield.
Equipment:
M-4 SOPMOD (Special Operations Peculiar Modifications)
sopmod_m4_carbine_06.jpg

Desert Eagle Mk XIX (Chambered for the .357 Magnum)
deagle19-kit.jpg

M-21 Sniper Rifle (For the observer role))
m21_m1a.jpg

Physical Description:
Hayden.jpg

Background: Previously a career soldier in the US Army's 1ST Special Operations Detachment, Delta Force, Hayden was disillusioned by the inflexibility of the way the US Army did things and resigned after fifteen years and two tours in Afghanistan. He was signed up as a contractor for North Carolina based Black Adder Industries. His team has been running exercises in the surrounding foothills of Meadow Bridge and has been called up to assist the Sheriff's department until orders from Mynock, North Carolina state otherwise.

Perfect, Ryker, I'll add it to the cast list. TK, I'm sending you a quick PM about yours, I think you misunderstood a thing or two, but overall, it looks okay, too~

EDIT: Everything's been updated~ Thanks everyone!

Did I get it right? Huh huh huh?

Psy has a cold and I for one know how those can affect one's muse.

Okay, back now.

All I'm waiting on is someone who wants to play the... remaining scientist slot that we still need. And maybe one more soldier or two. The second we have that last scientist, though, I'm more than happy to get this thing started, but I refuse to play that role myself, and we kinda need it for the game to work. ^^; Or at least, we need someone who wants to study mysterious and unknown tears in the fabric of time and space.

I talked to Asmoman earlier today. He says he'll see what he can do.

I'm interested... working up making a character... :s

and seriously I mean working up as in trying to work up the ability to write.

RIGHT PEOPLE OKAY HERE'S HOW IT'S WORKING SO FAR.

Palonis is gonna play a mercenary, I've got Haji interested in taking up a role as another scientist, and Slyen's still trying to choose between a role as a government official or our final mercenary- so aside from that, we just need one more player, who I'm currently trying to recruit at this moment (I hope). So right now we just need those last character sheets to come in ASAP, and then hopefully we'll be able to get this show on the road! 8D

(And please tell me nobody else forgot about this RP in the past week <.<; Slyen already did *points at Slyen accusingly*)