Primal Origins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Run my boy Lucas! Run!

Just a sidenote tho, Do the pokemon talk like in most nuzlockes or is it following the anime? Or do they just make weird noises like the games?
I'm debating this. I'll probably go with maybe the trainers forming some sort of understanding with their companion Pokemon, at least, and the really advanced trainers being able to at least read all of their Pokemons' intentions and whatnot.

Reactions: Kaz
I'm debating this. I'll probably go with maybe the trainers forming some sort of understanding with their companion Pokemon, at least, and the really advanced trainers being able to at least read all of their Pokemons' intentions and whatnot.
Sounds like a good idea.

How do you do those things around your text?

Would Taizai and Crim be able to speak though telepathy?

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you do those things around your text?
[fieldset ="TITLE"] Content. [/ fieldset]

This, with no spaces.

And in a sense. I'm considering telepathy with companions, but what do you all think? Telepathy or just general understanding?

I think general understanding would be best, outside psychic type companions. Like, the closer a pokemon is to its trainer, the more they understand each other. Pokemon seem capable of understanding people just fine, but I don't really like the idea of pokemon and trainers straight up talking to each other.

Oh, but things like narrating a pokemon's thoughts for others in the RP to read would be fine, I think. c:

You can add color by putting a color after the name, like [fieldtest=Name, color]
TITLE, green
Content.

Thank you! :D
Im gonna go sleep now, night night pokefans :cow:

No problem~

I'm pretty excited for this RP. c: If any of you want me to make a banner for your character, as I did for mine, I'm fine with it~

On another note, should the pokemon just make animalistic sounds like in the games, or say their names like in the anime..? I've always preferred the more animalistic sounds, myself. c:

I agree with Kaz, animalistic sounds are better and more realistic then something saying it's name.

Username: Rithas
Preferred Nicknames: Umm...Rithas?
Character Name: Ryan Jordan
Experience Level: Beginner
Looks: With very scraggly bushy brown hair, a coat thin coat over a black coat the only thing he ever seems to wear. Torn trousers and shoes that are actually pretty nice compared to whatever else he's wearing. His eyes are a deep blue and he has a face that looks like he wants to sleep or punch someone. Perhaps both.
Team:
Cyndaquil (Emily)
Lotad (LV 8-Moss)
Ralts (LV 8-Rose)
Aron (LV 9-Scree)
Skills:
You what?- Ryan is very good at rattling his opponent, if he can distract an opponent from the battle he will, And he will take advantage.
I think so- Ryan knows what to fight what with what and knows what moves to use in a battle against certain pokemon.
Weaknesses:
Whatever- While Ryan is very good at rattling people up, he finds it very hard to stop it with other people, and finds it hard to make friends because of this.
ATTACK!- Ryan likes to always be on offensive at all times and will want to finish the battle rather then stall. Which leaves him open.
And that is?-Being originally from Johto, Ryan has only been to two towns so far. So when somebody mentions somewhere, Ryan has no idea what they are talking about.​

Hey Rin, both my characters are ready for inspection.

Noah, red
Username: Renton
Preferred Nicknames: Renton is fine, but if you really wanted to, you could call me Ren. Though, saving three letters and a syllable isn't really worth it in my opinion.

[Character Name:] Noah Winterfeld

[Age:] 15 years of age, born on 2/14

[Gender:] Male

[Experience Level:] Rookie

[Occupation:] Ace Trainer! (or rather, dreaming of becoming one. Currently a just a regular trainer.)

[Looks:] Noticed first by most adults is the perpetual cowlick Noah, and is made more immediate due to his shorter-than-average height of 5'4. His light-brown hair goes down straight until the nape of his neck, where it stops in a spike. The front has eye-brow level bangs sweeping to the left. His build is light, though it's hard to tell since he dresses stuffily, often coupling multiple layers of clothes with accessories like hats and scarves despite the weather.

[Team:]
Companion: Sho (Chimecho)
Slot 1: Four (Absol) lvl 6

[Skills:]
+ Selfless Courage: Noah finds himself acting with more bravery than he thought he had when others' well-being and whatnot are at stake, often charging straight into the thick of things in attempt to help them.
+ Optimistic: Noah is incredibly positive about most things and transfers this into what he's doing, rarely losing motivation and drive.

[Weaknesses:]
- ... to a fault:
Unfortunately, Noah's judgement is often clouded by his aforementioned abundance of optimism and often does or goes along with something without consideration due to the benefit of the doubt he gives to everything. He also tends to act before doing what judging the situation and gets into trouble due to not overestimating his skills.
- Mr. Assumption: Noah reads a book by its cover and often takes first impressions as their only impressions, filling in the rest with assumptions and exaggerations. This causes him to be reckless or overly cautious concerning things, even beyond people.

Finished it! Hope it's good. I might throw in a quick bio later. Oh, also, can you not view raw versions of posts on Iwaku? As you can probably see, I'm even newer than Rin and I've yet to find a way to look at raws.

Last edited by a moderator:
Username: mahigan
Preferred Nicknames: mahigan
Character Name: Sydney Donnelly
Experience Level: Adept/Fair
Looks:
fio_piccolo_by_otenba_bekki-d5b5z5w.jpg

Credits

Team:
Smeargle ♂ (Level 12)
Mantine ♀ (Level 11)
Dodrio ♀ (Petra) (Level 41)
Metang (Level 20)
Charmander ♂ (Level 10)

Skills:
She's fit from her travels and has the knowledge to survive in the wild.
She has enough experience to ward off wild Pokemon and the occasional trainer.
She has good memorization skills for drawing her maps.
She knows where the shortcuts and hidden entrances are for the regions she's mapped.
She has general knowledge of the weather and area, knowing when and where it's safe to go out.

Weaknesses:
Not a lot of experience in organized fights against other trainers.
Her Dodrio is the only one with experience battling other trainers which means if Petra faints, she doesn't stand much of a chance.
Her Pokemon are used more for getting around and helping her with work rather than fighting.
Doesn't know much about Pokemon strategy besides the basic types.
Doesn't know much about current affairs - the most important thing on her mind is getting funding for her next expedition/successfully mapping a region.

Small Bio:
Born in Fuchsia City of the Kanto region, Sydney at first aspired to become a Pokemon trainer. Alongside her Doduo, she eventually earned the Rainbow badge before she quit her trainer career. Sydney then began helping her father with his mapping work, reaching all the nooks and crannies he was too old for. Eventually Sydney took over as he retired and contributed their work towards the town maps. Seven years after travelling throughout both Kanto and Johto (and picking up a few Pokemon on the way), Sydney turned her attention towards the Hoenn region, aiming to improve and redraw the town maps there.

Tell me if anything needs clearing up. Waiting for approval, looks like fun! :)

Username: Reveries In RedPreferred Nicknames: Rev, Revvie, Red, etc
Character Name: Wisteria
Experience Level: Expert
Looks: Wisteria has a slender build, and she stands at about 5'4". Her hair is a lavender color and is either tied in a long braid and held together with a dark purple ribbon or pooling over her shoulders with the same ribbon tied in a bow over her ear. Her clothing can change but is usually very graceful and elegant looking by nature.
Team:
~ Zorua (Midnight)
- Espeon (Lv 50)
- Gardevoir (Lv 58)
- Lunatone (Lv 52)
- Chimecho (Lv 53)
- Alakazam (Lv 50)
- Medicham (Lv 53)
Skills:
Intelligent - Wisteria has a sharp and knowledgable mind that stores not only a lot of information about Pokémon, but also about life and the world in general. She is also great at solving puzzles and mysteries.
Means Well - She usually tries to do what is best or what she considers right, but sometimes it just doesn't quite come out that way.
Sarcastic - With her intelligence comes a need to sass people who she believes are lower or not as witty as she is. She tries to keep this urge to a minimum, but it can't be helped sometimes.

Weaknesses:
Arrogant - Wisteria tends to believe that she is better than other trainers, and the fact that she is a member of the Elite Four doesn't exactly help, even if she is technically the weakest of the group.
Prissy - She can act like an aristocrat sometimes, which ties into the fact that she is arrogant. She's not a huge fan of buying cheap things and will go out of her way to look like royalty, which shows in her clothing.
Can Send Mixed Signals - Despite her arrogance and sarcasm, she actually does care about others and wants the best for them (sometimes), which can cause her actions to contradict each other.

Username: Reveries In RedPreferred Nicknames: Rev, Revvie, Red, etc
Character Name: Seaton
Experience Level: Advanced
Looks: Seaton is a rather tall (he's 5'10") and lanky person. His navy blue hair is usually messy and sometimes covers one of his yellow eyes if he doesn't bother to brush it out of the way. His clothing is usually a thrown-together-at-the-last-minute kind of ordeal and therefore makes him look disorganized.
Team:
~ Delcatty (Kit-Kat)
- Milotic (Lv 48)
- Seaking (Lv 44)
- Gyrados (Lv 44)
- Sealo (Lv 44)
- Crawdaunt (Lv 43)
- Corsola (Lv 47)
Skills:
Calm and Collected - It takes a lot to get Seaton riled up, and even then, he never acts high strung. This helps him maintain his temper and see things clearly during battle.
Passive - Seaton never gets caught up in arguments and matters of the world because he simply accepts things to be the way they are and moves on. He is not one to purposely go and pick out the flaws in everything, much preferring to just acknowledge something's existance and leave it at that.
Adaptable - Seaton's strategy in battle is to observe the trainer and then attack or defend accordingly. Because of this, it is easy for him to adjust to new surroundings or situations.

Weaknesses:
Angsty - He was a former member of Team Aqua and absolutely hated every minute of it. Seaton usually gets into a depressed mood whenever that organization is even remotely mentioned.
One Track Mind - Despite the fact that Seaton is generally rather passive in attitude, when something does get to him, it plagues his thoughts, causing him to hold bitter grudges for drastic periods of time.
Disorganized - Seaton's demeanor is carefree, and he tends to live in the moment, which is why he never bothers to actually organize his house, or even his Gym, which is usually pretty messy whenever the janitor isn't there to pick up after him.

Status
Not open for further replies.