Priate Ly & Linka

S

shinkamalei

Original poster
Seiryuu's head raised as he listened to Logan's voice trail off when it came to the subject of being on the road most days. He felt a little bad for his friend since it was apparent that he really loved his Nana and his life here in California yet was unable to be here most days. "Do you have any idea when you might retire?"

-----

Phoenix laughed a little bit. "I don't have a boyfriend... Let's just say my preference isn't always toward dicks." Her arm was met with a swift 'thwap' which came from her mother - eyes set ablaze with her word.

"Watch your tongue Phoenix Leialoha Izanami. We are around company and family. You need to behave yourself and respect your elders by not using such brazen language." It was funny for her mother to be saying such things since most would have pegged her as a "wild child" - tattoos on every limb of her body, piercings in places most are too afraid to get them in, and her fiery red hair which off-sets any sweet tones she may use at home with her daughter.

"Yes ma'am." Phoenix lowered her head as her mother turned back then smiled at Artemis. "Anyways, did you leave behind your sweetheart to come here?"

-----

"Of course! Ask anything you may need of me Domen; I am here for you and yours anytime." She sat down and nodded to Ruta. "I'm glad to see you two have come so far. Do you need me to do anything now? I know we all are missing you two at the table. In fact, my own mother just showed up. It's... quite an interesting turn of events."

-----

Ruo smiled at Daa. "Well, I will be watching you then. As per unwritten parental rules. And Mr. Denton, I do think they are! When did you meet my daughter?" This was an obvious double direction question meant to both Daa and his father.

Logan smiled and looked down.
"Hopefully sooner than later. I love the bass, but my job has a frightening lack of stability. With Domen being who he is, and Mele switching things up all the time, and out producer has never before presented himself to us- and the fans seem...finicky at best. When our band becomes a 'has been' then there's nothing left for SOT. Granted, we're in the public eye now, but who knows how popular we'll be in three years with all the new up in coming bands and all of the competition. Then the music pirates who never buy anything- it's becoming more and more popular. And pandora-" He gave a small scoff. "I'm lucky that I'm talented enough to have more things going for me than bass- but the other like Domen, Lefty and Johnathan...the rock star's easy life is what they know and depend on. They are not looking at their futures. I am, though." he smiled inwardly as he was looking as Seiryuu at that current point in time.
Logan knew he was terrible at flirting, he hoped Seiryuu caught it. Nana did, and she beamed while eating her nachos.

--

"Some friends, but no sweet heart. I have a car though, so I can road-trip East to see them if I would so choose. So...we're hanging tomorrow at eight, right?"

--

"Yeah mom. Let's go eat..." He said to her in Polish.
"I couldn't- my face is all red, it's...stained with tears. I don't want to bring down the mood."
"You won't ma, because those are tears of joy." he smiled. "You'll only make things better."
"Oh, son." She smiled and wiped her face. "If you think so."

--

"Several minutes ago."
"A few years ago, but we just started dating." Daa smiled.
"I'm his mother." Ava noted gently, waving politely. Mr. Denton scoffed.
"Dad-" Daa hissed under his teeth, pissed at the reaction. "Save it."

Seiryuu was proficient in flirting - he caught the amateur attempt. He smiled wide and let his bright blue eyes meet up with Logan's green ones. "Well it sounds like your life is going in a good direction." He let his voice be velvety smooth as he made his eyes flirt over Logan's facial features. "I hope I'm in them." Seiryuu knew EXACTLY how that sounded. In a quick addition of "If you want me to be of course." he made a lighter friendlier tone. Logan was still in a temperamental state when it came to coming to terms with himself.

-----

Phoenix raised an eyebrow but had a crooked smile. "Well... let me uh... clear my schedule." She opened her phone then acted like she was about to clear it then looked at Artemis. "I think I'm free for quite sometime. 8am or pm?"

-----

She stood out of the way and offered a hand to Ruta. "If you wish, I can make it so no one will ask questions. Though I doubt they will anyways. So," her arm hooked with Domen's, "- shall we return?"

-----

Ruo looked at Daa frankly without saying a word. A courteous nod was given to Ms. Ava and then she responded to Mr. Denton. "Well I am glad you approve." Then she sat and turned to Ms. Ava. "As you said, you are his mother. Do you approve of their relationship?"

"Hmm..." Logan blushed and rolled his eyes embarrassed. "Let's go eat." He shoved his hand in his pockets a bit too bashful at the moment to help Seiryuu off the couch.
"Later my Logi." Nana smiled and waved them off.

"This is it." Logan stepped out of the taxi, frowning vividly at his parent's gaudy estate. "I'm having second thoughts." he groaned and recoiled, hung his head and meekly kicked a rock on the sidewalk. "At least I have a friend this year..." Then he looked up to Seiryuu desperately. "My family is insane one at a time, and profusely intolerable when forced to be together. Tonight will be full of blood and pain and suffering. Promise you'll be my friend after this night. They're racist, boorish, full of passive aggressive bullshit--" Logan's phone started to ring. He quickly pulled it out of his pocket and looked at the collar ID. "And impatient." He sighed shoving it back into his pocket. "Just- say very little and ignore the insults, eat very quickly, and we will leave as soon as possible. My mother may try to get us to spend the night, tell her NO. Straight out. Are you ready for this?" He asked. "Cause I never am."

--

"Five pm." Artemis corrected, since she was free. Another few hours seemed more than desirable. Artemis looked over at Daa and his father, the man she wasn't related to and the man that she'd never met. She frowned at the tension that this kind host family was receiving. She sighed a bit embarrassed. She wasn't very modest, but this was a bit much. She'd come to her mom's defense, but she didn't quite know what was going on, and she barely knew Ava- and didn't know Mr. Denton at all.
If it was possible, Circe and Pandora looked even meeker than usual, picking at their food with their forks, them looking equally upset. They knew that they were the reason that the Mr Denton that they had never met hated Ava.
Daa didn't appreciate it at all, the way his father was acting. Though, he could understand. Back in Germany he'd tell all of his coworkers about how much he loved her, how hot she was and how happy they were even if their relationship was long distance. Daa was there with him, he saw the sparkle in his eyes when he used to show off her picture and relish in his peer's jealousy.
"I do. Daa and Miss Mele seem very happy. I know he does everything in his power to keep it that way."
Mr. Denton glared over the table at her, he didn't even like hearing her voice. She spoke as if nothing happened between them.
"Excuse me, restroom." Pandora couldn't take it. She politely wiped off her mouth and stood. Without waiting to be excused she wandered off into the house to find the bathroom, but ended up leaving through the backdoor and onto the driveway.
She'd lost her appetite and she felt like she was near tears. She knew she was the biggest cry baby she'd ever met, but she didn't feel like she could say in there any longer. She rubbed her arms trying to calm her goosebumps. (Joshua-?)

Domen and Ruta walked in when Pandora left. Domen figured she'd be fine, she had a phone. "Hello everyone. I'm proud to anounce that I'm changing my name." Domen smiled and took a seat by his mother. Ruta started to silently dish herself up, and Domen followed suit. "To my mother's maiden name. I'm dropping X and Cross, and taking Marczynski."

Seiryuu assured him he would still be his friend. "But - I do not refuse a mother when she wants her son close to her. Staying here wouldn't be so bad. Besides - I'll be here. When you wake up, just come get me~" His grin was huge. He knew he needed to be Logan's rock to lean on in case of shit. Yet he didn't expect things to go down. Even if they did, he had been at enough family outings with his own family to know how to handle emergencies. "Also, I think this will be a fun adventure."

-----

Ruo noticed the tension, as well as the toll it was taking on all 4 kids. Thankfully, Mele, Domen, and Ruta entered when it mattered and Ruo nodded to Hoku who excused herself and followed the exact same way that Pandora did. Then she clinked her glass as most responded to the news of the name change. "Well then, a toast. To Domen Marczynski. May this Thanksgiving be the start of a new and better way of life for you."

All at the table raised their glasses to the toast and said a thankful, "Cheers." The tension had been cut but the damage was done. Ruo sighed then looked to her daughter in a sort of "you better talk to him" kind of way. Then she bit into her turkey.

Mele knew the look and rolled her eyes which, in-turn, reciprocated a kick to the shin from her mother. She knew better than to roll her eyes at her mother. But this was the first time she got involved with her love life - maybe it was a sign she was going to be more motherly from now on. Mele slid her hand down onto her lap then onto Daa's. She then found his hand and entwined her fingers. With a gentle squeeze she gave him a supportive smile that said, "If you need to talk, we can go some place else."

-----

(Joshua is off at Lorne's for thanksgiving. But for you, I will make it so her parents live somwhere close by)

Joshua happened to be out on a walk at the moment. He made an idiot of himself in front of the Taylors once again. He hated every time he did it and he knew they simply pitied him. That was one thing Joshua hated - pity. But he couldn't help it. Talk about word vomit. With a sigh, he turned the corner. Then he paused. Outside he saw a younger girl just standing in the cold. He figured maybe approaching her wasn't best given his abnormality. But the road curved this way so it was this or face the music. Slowly he walked toward her - hoping she might go inside before he reached her. His hands were in his pockets and he was a bit hunched. The gravel crunched beneath his feet.

Hoku, who had happened to go after Pandora, was about to yell out to the girl when she saw Joshua approaching. She was a bit shocked to see him around these parts but decided to watch from afar on how things played out.

"Adventure-" Logan scoffed. He looked down fiddling nervously with his hands. "Don't worry about my mother. Nana is my mother, that woman just gave birth to me. In the first sixteen years of my life we've probably spoken thirty times, and none of them were actual conversations. If she wants me to stay it's because she's looking for more weaknesses to exploit so that when she does speak to you, she can jab you right where it hurts." His nose scrunched at Seiryuu, but he very quickly regained his cool. "Never mind. I suppose if you are going to stay by me you're going to have to learn for yourself. If staying the night will satisfy your curiosity about them, it's well worth it because then you'll have your fill and next year you'll help me flee the country. Pretty sure." He smiled and led Seiryuu into the house, and they were greeted by a Mexican maid that they didn't know.
"I'll take your coat." She said with a thick accent.
"Please, I would like to keep it. Just in case." Logan gave a polite bow, and the maid offered to take Seiryuu's.
The Dalziel family were already at the dinner table, waiting for Logan and Seiryuu. The table was extremely large, it must have been seven meters long, and a meter and a half wide. The dining room was well lit and narrow with large crystal chandeliers down the center of the ceiling. The walls pristine white, with portraits of the family and Sunny D art of all kinda, so much so that if gave the room a sunny yellow tint.
Mr Dalziel in his Sunday best sat at the head of the table at the far side of the dining room and he spoke enthusiastically with Johnathan who sat by him. Johnathan rarely wore formal suits. Aerith and Mrs Dalziel sat several chairs apart on the left side of the table, and the other head and the right side was there for the taking.
"My youngest son!" Mr Dalziel exclaimed standing to greet them. He looked like an older Johnathan though with black hair, with a wide cocky smile. "You never call, Logi."
"Phones go both ways, father. Good to see all of you." tentatively Logan sat at the head of the table, away from the rest of them.
"Come closer, don't be a stranger-" Johnathan winced. "we only do this once a year, suck it up. Hey there, Seriu." Johnathan smiled and waved.
"Sergio?" Ms Dalziel repeated curiously, doubting that that was his name. Logan stood and sat closer on the empty side of the table, a few seats away from Johnathan, and across the table from his mother.
"Seiryuu." Logan corrected.
"Oh, alright." She shrugged it off nonchalantly.
"You bring a gigantic island titan to the table? Dear brother ration his portions and make sure he doesn't eat everything before we get a shot at it~" Logan's near mirror image grinned from the other side of the table, one headphone in. Purple eyes and shorter hair, flared at the ends. Aerith overlooked Seiryuu, an ornery air about him.
"Be nice, Aerith." Ms Dalziel noted offhandedly smiling, thinking that it was a bit funny.
"Son when are you going to quit that godforsaken band and take over the company?" Mr Dalziel asked, directed to Logan.
"I don't want to run it, I keep telling you. Where's the food at?" Logan winced. The absence of food at the table was keeping him from finishing it and running away.
"I'll take it." Johnathan told him slowly.
"You can't have it, it's for Logan." It was clear why, Johnathan was the bastard of his family, even thought they had the most in common. It would look bad in the media.
"I don't want it. Bring the food, please."
"Carla!" Mr. Dalziel exasperatedly clapped twice, and maids exited the nearby kitchen with silver platters of food, and they set them on the table, and took the lids revealing the expertly catered steaming food.
Johnathan put his fork down, his signature smile nowhere on his face. He actually looked gloomy. He abstained from dishing up. Logan quickly grabbed one of the large silver spoons. Their family didn't pray, never had.
"Are you two dating?" Ms Dalziel asked, smirking from across the table. Mr. Dalziel and Jonathan froze and looked wide eyed to Logan and Seiryuu- quite identically.
"We're friends." Logan said, pushing the food to Seiryuu. "Just hand it to Aerith when you're done."
"Why is a friend here at Thanks giving dinner? I thought that was for dates, not for friends."
"He's my only friend, he's important to me."
"Oooh, I see. 'Special friend.'" Logan didn't oblige her with an answer.
"You know, Madison has been asking about you. You should go see her tomorrow. Hell, why wait. I'll have her come over tonight." Mr Dalziel pulled out his phone and started texting. Johnathan's plate was still empty, Aerith was grinning to himself while picking at his food, and Ms Dalziel looked to Seiryuu for an answer.

--

DOmen beamed, sniffing a bit.
"Thank you!" He said with an accent. "you're very charming. Mele must get it from you. Ruta blushed, she wasn't used to being around so many people. She though did raised her glass to join in. She didn't think her maiden name was so great, it made her feel like a foreigner. Though right now it was the subject of praise, and she felt like getting rid of her cruel x-husband's last name would do her some good.

Daa smiled at the other end of the table, extremely happy for Domen. He wasn't sure how stable his happiness was, on several occasions he'd found Domen ranting to Logan about how much he abhorred his family and all of his past. it seemed crazy that all of his issues culd have been resolved in such a short time, but he hoped so. He'd have to talk to him later.
"I'm fine, Mele." he whispered. "This is the first time my family has been together. I don't want to leave even for a minute. My father just...needs to work out some hurt from the past. This will be good for all of us." He whispered to her, smiling at the gentle squeeze she gave him. Women were so great, he was happy to have a girlfriend to care about him.

Pandora noticed him walking, and looked at him, sensing no immediate threat. She had her arms crossed, her hands on each of her upper arms, trying to keep herself warm. She though still shivered. She smiled at him when he drew closer, like how she did with everyone. Especially if they needed cheering up. She took a step back to not block his path. "Hey." her gentle voice sounded.

Seiryuu smiled to Ms.Dalziel as he dished his plate to the same fullness as Aerith's plate. "We are just friends ma'am. Logan's one of my good friends from Washington state. Despite me being an Island Titan, I have manners and I didn't know if you would want to discuss me on such a day dedicated to family; one that celebrates being close - not three seats away from your son." He made everything in there pleasant sounding and gave her a genuine smile. He didn't like how they pushed Logan but even more so, he hated how they treated Jonathan. He deserved better.

-----

Ruo nodded her head in the praise. "You are welcome. I think today is a day for thanks and in a great example of what to be thankful for - a repairing of a relationship that has long been scarred." Her words were completely directed to Ruta and Domen but she knew that they would reach the others at the table having problems as well. Mele and Rikku smiled at each other as all the others smiled.

Afterwards, Mele smiled at Daa in recognition. She knew he knew his family better and would have to let it happen.

-----

Joshua was close to her when she said "hey". In respect he gave a friendly, "Hi." He began to seem like he was walking past then he slowed his pace to a full halt. "If you don't mind me asking, how come you are outside when you are obviously freezing?" He normally wouldn't stop. But she couldn't be over 18. And to be outside on Thanksgiving... something ahd to be wrong.

"You're right Sergio. Everyone come closer!" his family looked at him stagnantly. "Come now, or I'll get to maids to take away the extra table. Everyone scoot down toward me!" Logan rolled his eyes and picked up his plate and sat by Johnathan. Ms Dalziel moved her plate and sat by her husband, and Aerith, with a sigh, moved over nearly a dozen chairs and sat by his mother.
"That's more like it! Isn't it." Mr Dalziel exclaimed. Ms Dalziel patted her mouth with a napkin and smirked. "You must all stay the night. I-"
"Alright." Logan agreed quickly, taking some of the food bowls and scooting them closer so that everyone could get some. Mr Dalziel's phone hummed, and he looked at it. "Looks like Madison will be here first thing tomorrow. Wonderful. Aren't you excited Logan?"
"..." He ignored him and continued to eat.
"I just got a great idea. How about an arranged marriage to Madison? I'll text her father." He clearly didn't like this 'very good friends' thing with Seiryuu. He was just as homophobic as Johnathan. Logan violently coughed, it caught him in mid swallow. Johnathan winced at the whole situation. "Dad-they haven't been together since fifteen. Maybe-"
"Hush now, this is a fantastic idea. She's very rich, very beautiful, talented...."
"I shall marry for love."
"That-- is over rated." Mr and Mrs Dalziel glanced at each other than continued to serve themselves up. "Stability and trust is key. Marry for that. Don't you agree Sergio?"
"That's not how you say his name." Logan noted. "Se- i ri-uu." Instead of trying to get it right, Mr. Dalziel's eyes narrowed. "Do you have a nick name sir?"

--

At that Mr Denton sighed. He couldn't forgive her and he knew it. He'd asked God to help him even, no dice. He was full of rage hate, it was her that ruined everything. He though felt that he could be a better house guest. "Cheers." He forced a smile and he raised his glass. Ava did also.
"Cheers." Daa smiled, raising his glass with his free hand.

--

Her eyebrows raised, surprised that he'd actually spoken to her, and taken an interest.
"Umm..." Her light eyes looked up as she thought about how she would phrase it. "Did you ever get the feeling that you're ruining dinner just by being there? Even though you know it's technically not your fault?" she paused waiting for his answer. He'd probably say yes just to be polite.

Seiryuu stayed silent until Mr. Dalziel addressed him. "Ries. It's probably the easiest one to remember. Of course, if you wish, I also go by my last name which is Abarra." He offered the second lightly since he didn't know too much about Mr. Dalziel or the type of guy he was. If he was a sports guy he might prefer the latter. "Though I will admit it's the first time I've been addressed as Sergio." His laugh definitely gave away his attempt at a joke since he wanted to take the focus off of Logan.

-----

Joshua laughed. "On more than one occasion." He kept his distant so as to keep his tourettes in check. "Maybe it's just your luck... you are speaking to the choir in that sense... except it usually is my fault." His eyes downcast since he knew he was mayhaps not the best person for this subject since she said she wasn't at fault.

"Ries? Alright I can say that." He gave a chuckle, finding that Seiryuu's laughter was contagious, even though the 'Sergio' crack wasn't particularly funny.
"Potatoes?" Logan offered Seiryuu, pushing him the bowl.
"I can think of a few names he could go by-" Aerith said under his breath, picking at his food. Mr. Dalziel received a text, then started texting some more with a rather serious face.
"SO how long have you two been special friends~?" Logan's mother cooed.
"Right after my last birthday." Logan responded quickly.
"Birthday friend?" Mother reiterated.
"What are you getting at, Tabitha?" Mr. Dalziel shot, his blatant homophobia getting the better of him. Johnathan started to dish up, staying out of it.
"I wasn't aware we were back on a first name basis, Charles." she again tapped her mouth with her napkin.
"Can we just enjoy tonight." Johnathan sighed, addressing everyone. "Seriuu is cool, and all of you can bicker tomorrow. Ms Dalziel what have you been up to lately?" Tabitha looked over to Johnathan with a mischievous glint in her eye. Whatever she was up to it wasn't table conversation appropriate. "Well... I am saving up to buy a yacht." Johnathan answered to fill the silence.
"Oh, splendid my dear boy. Though you'll have to hire maintenance specialists."
"I'm taking a class online to learn how to take care of it by myself." Johnathan answered. "That and sail and navigate the ships controls. And maybe I'll go into the boat business if another- better- opportunity doesn't come at me."
"Well you've always loved boats. I wish you the best of luck, captain," Charles Dalziel nodded.
"...What about you Aerith?" Johnathan asked.
"Oh, well. A few of my top bands went platinum within the last three months. And when I say a few I mean all five out of five." He smiled at Logan. Scars of Tyranny had around five CDs out now, one was a platinum record. "I was offered to make an appearance on the grammies, but I said no like how I do every year. I've got a contract to do a mini merger with Jack White." Logan's nose turned the slightest shade of pink. He loved Jack white. "What about you Logan." Aerith challenged.
"Well, I'm commissioning my very own luxury car, and am thinking about retirement." Johnathan's jaw dropped as he looked over at his brother.
"What-? You're quitting?"
"Someday. Let me rephrase, thinking about thinking about retiring." Johnathan looked extremely uncomfortable.
"You can't quit, man."
"I'm not. It's my equivalent of a plan B, or your boat dream. Plucking bass is fun, but bands only stay popular for so long."
"OH! Speaking of which one of my bands is being placed in the rock and roll hall of fame. I nearly forgot," Aerith noted.
"Which kind of car?" Charles Dalziel asked.
"It's a custom." Logan said, shielding his yawn with a fist. "Seiryuu is building it."
"Mechanic? Oh, good, that's good." Mr Dalziel seemed less tense at the mention of his manly profession.

--

"Hey-" Pandora raised an arm, balled a fist and walked over to gently nudge Joshua's shoulder. "Ya know what? It's not out fault. We can't help it, okay?" She was smiling but it looked like she was on the verge of tears. "We're okay. It's not our fault. Say it with me." She offered him a fist bump. "It's not us, it's just...our luck...okay?" It seemed she needed reassurance more for her than she was trying to help him.

Seiryuu watched the banter. "Yes. Actually my brother is one too. We both work at a shop owned by a distant relative of ours. My cousin was the one to find him and introduce us. It helped me get the job in the first place. She is way more into business and politics than I am. I actually can probably show you the car in a couple months if you would like sir." He glanced around the table. The tension was worsening since these people didn't seem to know how to get along - it baffled him. Family should know how to deal with one another and be able to talk. They just randomly stammered things out at each other.

-----

"It's not us, it's just our luck." He knew it was him and his tourettes but connected her fist bump instead. "Of course it's not." Joshua decided to employ his acting skills to convince her. "There is nothing we can do." He gave her a big warm smile. "What is your name? Words of wisdom... I ought to be able to credit someone."

Logan didn't seem phased, he felt that things were going well, considering. His family seemed to behave themselves since Seiryuu was there.
Aerith, looking off into the distance, popped something into his mouth from his pocket and not from his plate.
"I would love to see the car. It makes me happy that my sons are doing so well. Not any are deadbeats," humming in approval Charles took a few bites of his food. Tabitha rolled her eyes.
"Well, that's true." Johnathan nodded, beginning to eat. "Imagine one of us still living here leaching off of you."
"Eh, I would have kicked you out years ago. Though I hate to think about what would have happened if that little band of your hadn't taken off. Johnathan."
"Yes." he answered to his name.
"Rhetorical."
Aerith stood quickly and rushed away to the nearest bathroom, and Logan rolled his eyes, but did smirk- as well as Tabitha.
"Aerith has always been sickly you see." Charles noted to Seiryuu. "You'll have to excuse him."
Johnathan closed his eyes and sighed, disappointed. 'Drugs at thanksgiving dinner? Really?' he thought to himself."Though he's very smart." Charles added. Johnathan drummed his fingers on the table, taking a bite of his food.
"Oh look I'm done, full. Already unbuttoning my pants I'm so full. What about you?" Logan asked Seiryuu trying to rush him. "Why don't you have more?" He pushed a bowl of stuffing toward him.

--

"...? Me? Oh, I'm not wise." she smiled. "I just know that there are some things that you can't control, so you can't beat yourself over it. It's still tough though. My name is..." she held her hands behind her back. She didn't really like her name. "Pandora. Ya know, ironically enough. What's yours?" she asked looking back up at him with a small smile. She tucked a tuft of her curly raven hair behind her ear. He was pretty cute. She was pretty good at keeping her composure around cute boys, thanks to her sister, though she still came off shy. She wasn't really.

Seiryuu glanced between the stuffing and Logan and smiled hesitantly at Logan. Then he addressed Charles. "I will have one more thank you. After that I think I will be heading out since I will probably be getting full by then." He took a big scoop even though he knew he had lied. But Logan wanted to leave and who was he to say that they had to stay. At the same time though, he did not want to come across as rude to Mr. Dalziel and his wife. They were nice enough to allow him to come to dinner.

-----

Joshua knew the feeling that was the atmosphere. "I'm.. Joshua. Joshua Talbot. It was nice to meet you Ms. Pandora."

It was then that Hoku decided she had had enough of watching this weird turn of events and walked down the steps. "Hey Pandora! You alright?" She walked up to them and gave a raised eyebrow to Joshua. "Hey Joshua."

"Though, they've promised that they'd stay over, so when they say leave, they mean back to Logan's room," Mrs. Dalziel noted, being quite insistent about it. "I never get to see you, so you can't go yet. I want to have a private talk with you."
Logan looked up to Tabitha curiously, as if he'd never heard her say that. He didn't look thrilled about it either.
"Yes mom."
"Splendid."
"Do you need to talk to me or Aerith?" Johnathan asked.
"...Sure. Though, just you. Aerith will be incoherent later."
"We could play pranks on him." Logan smiled, pouring himself some more apple cider. Tabitha also smiled.
"Seems appropriate."
"More than." Logan agreed.
"Whatever you need to say you can say it here, we're all family." Charles insisted. "Or friend-" He gestured to Seiryuu. "So."
"Can I not have a private talk with my son? Some things need to stay between mother and son."
"Like what?"
"You're not allowed to know the subject matter, obviously."
"...this is the most I've ever hear her talk." Logan noted to Seiryuu under his breath, though she'd heard him.
"I'm sorry I'm not the most vocal person usually. Though I would still like the pleasure of speaking to you in private. Also, Seiryuu, will you help me in the kitchen later this evening?" She asked. "I'd like to give the maids an evening off, Johnahtan has to leave, and I think Logan needs sleep. He's pale."
"We're all pale." he interjected, nervous about her trying to isolate everyone for talking.
"He can reach the shelves that I can't."
"I can too." Tabitha gave Logan a rather motherly warning glare.
"Because I want to learn Hawaiian phrases, and it's embarrassing. You've always been so good at new languages, and I don't want to feel like you're critiquing me."
"Oh." Logan had lost his argument.
"I'll get you Rosetta Stone babe," Charles offered.
"They don't have one for Hawaiian. I've checked."
"Then I'll take you to Hawaii."
"I want to learn the language first."
"They all speak English there."
"Do you mind if I do something to better myself, darling?"
"No. Just thought I'd offer."
"Thank you. We'll take a rain check on that trip though." She turned her attention back to Seiryuu.

--

"Oh, I'm so sorry for excusing myself so suddenly. It was very rude of me." She looked over to Joshua expecting him to say hello back to Hoku. They apparently knew each other, that or she'd just heard him introduce himself. She was gauging the situation.
She admired the tips of Hoku's hair, and the pinkish color of lip gloss on her lips with a smile. Hoku had such good taste, of course she'd know a cutie like Joshua. "I'm intruding, aren't I? Should I leave and let you two speak?"

Seiryuu gave Logan a look of "she's harmless" and smiled at Tabitha. "Of course. I would love to help out given such a beautiful meal was made and I am imposing on a beautiful family dinner." He finished off his food and turned his attention toward Mrs. Dalziel. "If you would like, ma'am, I can take the dishes to the kitchen while you talk with your son?" The last part was an offer though he knew Logan might not be too happy with it. But in Seiryuu's eyes, every child should have a good relationship with their mother.

-----

Hoku laughed as Joshua looked down and said "Hey hoku." In response to Pandora, she said, "No! Stay. I was just coming down to see if you were okay. Don't apologize. Drama at dinner always makes me nauseous! So, feel free to leave the table anytime you get uncomfortable. I do all the time... even if I get yelled at by mama later. She understands... sort of." She gave a giggle. "So.. what were you and Joshy boy talkin bout?"

At that Logan made a small sound with him lips, with a tacit disappointment. Tabitha rolled her eyes, seeing how disappointed her son was. Logan gave her an accusing look, and she gave an authoritative and cynical look back. She quickly finished off her food.
"That will work. Thank you young man. Logan?" Tabitha stood up, and after wiping her mouth with her napkin again, walked into the hall. Logan looked at Seiryuu, than the rest of his family, then followed her. (Seiryuu can ask Logan about it later.)
Aerith walked back in and sat back down at his seat, pupils completely dilated and looking quite high. He picked up his fork and continued to eat.
"You can wait probably, if you're going to help my wife. Thanksgiving dinner shouldn't be dine after fifteen minutes." Charles insisted.
"I think I'm done." Aerith pushed his plate. "The Help probably spit in our food for making them work a holiday, anyway. I don't want to know what kind of bacteria they carry." Johnathan's eyes widened, and he also pushed his plate.
"You should have asked catering. Why did you make the maids cook? Man, I miss Rosella."
"She's long gone, so get over it." Charles also pushed his plate, worried about the spit.
"Well she was the best Help we'd ever had." Johnathan insisted. "Seiryuu, I'll help you carry the dishes if you want."
"Or you can go with me to Taco Bell." Aerith offered, playing curiously with the prongs of his fork.

--

"Joshy-boy?" She gave a thrilled smile. "Dinner, I suppose. And how we weren't eating it." Pandora was glad that Joshua wasn't a stranger. It made her that much more comfortable talking to and about him. "He's very nice." she turned back to him. "Were you going to come in or were you heading somewhere? I don't want to stall you but I would like to spend more time if that's okay." Her subtle way of picking him up. She hoped he was competent enough to get it, unlike most boys.

Seiryuu looked between the two brothers. 'Is this a trap?' Seiryuu glanced at the plats doubtful of them spitting in it. "We'll just get the dishes for now... thank you though Aerith." He does look a lot like Logan... I think at the present moment.. it's not best to drive." He gave a nice smile knowing the reek of weed when he smelled it. After all... he used to smell it all the time near the school bathrooms.

-----

Joshua didn't get the hint but he hoped it was a hint. "No.. was just walking around to nowhere.. I might stay a couple minu-"

Lorne rounded the corner. "JOSHUA! There you are! I was worried!" She jogged up to the group with her long legs and flowy blonde hair. "Why did you leave?"

(Mushrooms.)
Johnathan stood and helped Seiryuu carry in the dishes, bringing them in and setting them on the counter. Not too long after they were finished Tabitha walked in rolling up her sleeves. She smiled up at Johnathan, grabbed his head and hopped a bit to hiss him. She considered him her son, even though he wasn't. As far as Tabby was concerned, he was the best son. He was handsome, and though not very bright- he played mediator. She respected him, since she gave up trying to keep the family together years and years ago. He still held on, and she loved that about him.
Johnathan chuckled a bit. He was always awkward around Tabby, though he couldn't think of any reason for her to like him, and because of that he felt her affection was fake. He actually felt that none of his parents liked him, though she was the only one who would ever kiss his boo boos way back when. Charles would tell him to walk it off and Tara would tell him that he's okay, keep playing and he'll forget about it. It meant a lot to him, though he didn't really know what to make of it.
Johnathan in turn kissed the top of Tabby's head.
"Thanks, ma."
"Sure thing baby. Though you gotta scoot, I need to talk to this guy." With a thumb she motioned to Seiryuu. "I'll come find you later though and we can talk, okay?"
"Yep. I"ll be in the guest room. If I decide to leave I'll give you a heads up." He smiled at Seiryuu and waved, and left.
Tabby slid the door shut, smiling deviously-yet playfully at Seiryuu.
"Are you dating my son??" She asked with a widening smile, a very low voice so that no one else could hear. "I couldn't get anything out of Logan. Reading him is like trying to read Chinese." She had an air about her that screamed that she wanted the answer to be yes. "You're the most attractive person he's brought home to the parents thus far, and you made it all the way through dinner." She glanced at the dishes in Seiryuu's hands. "Oh, no honey, put those down, the Help will get those."

--

Pandora almost flinched when she herd slapping on the pavement. She glanced at the girl, and smiled wondering if she was just as nice as Johshua was.
"I hope you do," she managed to slide in to Joshua, since Lorne came in mid conversation and didn't know the subject matter to which she was speaking of. She hoped the two weren't dating. Joshua seemed just like her type of guy. She smiled at Lorne, but looked to Hoku tacitly asking for a glance or a face that told her how she should treat Lorne, or if she should talk to her at all.