Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
The Dark Future

2030 was the year that humanity fell victim to an apex predator. A special interest group, Nightingale, seeking impossible ideological principals - accidentally served humanity up on a silver platter. Impossibly large, powerful, bio-mechanical monstrosities knows as gheists were awakened seemingly with the flick of a switch. These gargantuan creatures have no creator, no empathy, no remorse, and only serve one purpose: beat humanity into an apathetic submission. "Cease war! Embrace the future! Turn to the sky!" Psychic speakers blared on and on from the maw of the gheists, directing this message of progress to the minds of every man, woman, and child. Twenty years on and on this message blared over and over. Never ceasing for even a single moment - it broke the will of every human. Eventually, the unholy broadcast extended to tap into the mind of every living organism on Earth.

Over that twenty year period of psychic broadcasting, every living organism crawled to the feet of the gheist closest to them. They laid down, and watched the sky. Within the radius of gheists, biological organisms are put into a sere stasis. Their minds warp, and they begin to dream whatever reality they desire - their bio-matter eventually becoming a gelatinous blue-black mass. A choice few managed to resist the psychic signal for sometime, and even put up some resistance; unfortunately, even humanities most sophisticated technological terrors were child's play in comparison to the gheists indescribable weapons of mass-destruction. This ritual suicide persisted until the very last single-celled organism submitted. Then, a loud chime, akin to a dinner bell, radiated throughout the atmosphere. This signaled that it was time for the gheists to consume. Piles and piles of biological, succulent, nectar once known as "life" were scooped up by the handful to be devoured by the gheists.

Not all piles of disgusting biological mass were created equal. Some gheists had more bio-matter than others, and like the humans who once infected precious Gaia, they began to fight over resources. War ensued, and they fought with weapons that twisted the very fabric of existence. Time, space, and mind all twisted into an impossible mess as Gheists continued to fight over resources. Millennia and millennia passed until the last gheist stood on a hollow, shattered, rock once known as Earth - it was doomed to starve.

That was the vision you, a high-school aged girl, received on the new year of 2029.

A Voice In The Dark

"Please - take my power. I failed already. I was so stupid! So very stupid! I thought I could stop them alone!"

These words could not live up to her failure. Somehow, through some mysterious act, this voice sent a peculiar power back in time to several teenage girls from the legendary magical girl, Pretty. Girls all over the globe obtained the power to transform into their idealized self, and possess a set of fantastical powers - a Magical Girl. This was something that was never before-seen in human history. Girls who could transform and develop a set of powers based on their personality. Unfortunately, anything 'good' in the world will inevitably be exploited by special interest groups or wound up abused. Pretty sending her power back in time had not anticipated this, or did she? Who says you can trust the voices in your head?

Voices aside, reality was that humanity is on the verge of becoming dinner, and the world is reeling over the sudden
outbreak of the magical girl. Naturally, as with all things new, people were skeptical and fearful. The truth was that the vast majority of those effected utilized their powers in non-harmful ways to show off or make friends. A foreword thinking few made careers out of being magical girls and become idol sensations. After-all, they were previously just normal girls, why would they suddenly change? Yes, they had visions of that terrible future, but many chose to live in the moment and revel in their new-found uniqueness. Yet, as the cliche dictates: "A few spoiled apples ruin the bunch."

Girly Revolution

A prideful Magical Girl, Tinkerbell, has stimulated technological growth in the world with her power to 'believe' things into existence. A warmongering Magical Girl, Bloody Bull, accepting that the world is ending, travels battlefield to battlefield to sate her carnal desire for war while she can. A benevolent Magical Girl, Mary, travels hospice to hospice healing those who have no right to be alive. Putting the dark-future aside, this might be the start of a new ending. Militaries, private groups, governments, and combinations thereof began to mobilize and conscript magical girls, or cut deals with them. Usually, the girls who have made no trouble are allowed to live a normal life so long as they do not cause any issues. Magical girls who have committed crimes, regardless of whether their powers were used, are conscripted into military service in most major countries. Of-course, the masses have not turned a blind eye. Many rally in support or against magical girls further creating a divide in the world.

This division only became even more apparent once the year 2030 rolled around.

Lies Lies Lies

In the shared vision the magical girls witnessed, and through some uncanny intuition, they knew the year 2030 would be the time gheists emerged. This shared vision had spurred militaries all across the globe to cease war with one another and begin to advance technology. Not all joined in this goal, but a sizable majority of humanity had. Pulse rifles, reliable military space-crafts, orbital deploying shock-troopers, genetic modification, psionic mind control resistance, powered armor, and many more military innovations were generated in this short span of time to prepare for the gheist threat. The year 2030 would be marked not only as the start of a new decade, but as the start of a new age of fear. Nothing happened - no gheists emerged. All of humanity had been left with was one-million more ways to exterminate themselves. Old national grudges had begun to spark, and magical girls would inevitably be caught in the middle.

The Pretty Protectors

Despite the lie - some held true to this fate. Francesca Turner, a billionaire arms-manufacturer (who runs a fashion business on the side), assembled a team of magical girls known as the Pretty Protectors. Their name had been modeled off the original magical girl, Pretty, who had gone missing towards the end of world-war three, and sent back her powers through time to many girls. A total of twelve elite magical girls officially exist as part of this team. You watched them, a fellow magical girl, with whatever opinion you may have, but you still watched them. After-all, you had no choice but to. Outside of training and preparing for the possible dark future - the pretty protectors were famous for their government funded policing of the New York City underworld.

Then July 4th, 2032 came around. The once celebrated independence day of NATA (Formerly the USA) had become a new day - emergence. The first gheist of this reality emerged off the coast of New York City. Nearly 30 thousand lives were lost that day, but the Pretty Protectors became international heroes. A video of them slaying the gheist on that fateful day became the most viewed video of all time in the matter of hours. Everyone was clamoring to meet these girls, but they disappeared a year later. What happened to them? Without humanities new heroes, only paranoia was left. Gheists were real, and more terrifying than ever fathomed.

Doomsday Clock From The Grave

If things did not look grim enough, the Magical Utopia Neverlandia faded once Tinkerbell committed suicide in Central Park via hanging for an unknown reason. This led to all of her creations in Antarctica to fade causing several magical girls to freeze and go into a suspended state. Countries and private interest groups wage a proxy war over the retrieval of the magical girl bodies - this war persists until New Years Eve of 2035 C.E. when a message hijacks the usual festivities in New York. The magical girl, Tinkerbell, has sent a message beyond the grave telling humanity to get their shit together because the Gheists are emerging in exactly a year.

This is when you, a prospective Pretty Protector comes in. You applied to become one before the initial Pretty Protectors came to be, but never heard back until New Years Day of 2036. Francesca Turner has assembled a new team of Magical Girls under the assumption that they will be the tip of the spear in stopping the extinction of humanity...

News Flash: They are not - a far more sinister plot is unfolding....

Last edited:
OOC Information

Hello, I hope you enjoyed reading my interest thread. This role-play is a soft-reboot of a successful RP that I GM'd on a different website. What I mean by soft-reboot is that the previous RP still happened, but is not necessary to have been apart of to understand/enjoy this RP. If anything, this is an entirely new start that will stand on its own. I have detailed lore that leaves enough mystery, but is implemented in a way where players can learn at their own pace. My GM style is very proactive. I have no issues running multiple NPCs along with progressing separate groups RPs and I try to reply to the RP at a quick pace. Basically, I take my role as a GM seriously because I feel my players deserve the best possible experience.

I try to keep my RPs light on the rules and like to call them guidelines instead. I am known to be very liberal on content and I have very little things I will restrict. However, I must specify that this RP is open to all ages so please avoid sexual role-play, but romance is allowed/encouraged. That is the one firm rule I have. My guidelines are as follows:

1.) Primary characters will be all female due to this being a magical girl RP. I have a philosophical reasoning behind the focus on the female that will become apparent during the RP. This is not to say male characters will be absent. If someone REALLY wants to RP a male character, then I can figure out a way to incorporate them.

2.) I will reserve the right to have the final say concerning lore/world-building. Although, I encourage people to actively propose ideas or expand upon already implemented bits of lore. The universe this RP is based in has a certain set of restrictions concerning what can and cannot exist, but this comes down more to thematic-presentation rather than a hard set of what can and cannot exist. If you have questions about this, then I am more than happy to answer them.

3.) I do not believe in calling RPs "Casual" "Semi-lit" and "Advanced." I will not judge you if you use these terms, but I personally find them too vague. I welcome RPers of all skill levels and only require effort and willingness to cooperate with others. My posting requirement for this RP is at-least two solid paragraphs for most posts with the length fluctuating based on context. For example, dialogue heavy scenes can have an exception and be shorter if you truly cannot muster a lot of things to type. Do not force yourself to write a bunch if you physically cannot, but please try to respect the paragraph length guideline.

4.) The lore can be learned at ones own pace, but please look over it every-so often, or refer back to it. I will be occasionally updating it with new lore and player additions. I also write an IC "elimination-method" for each character that is posted written from the perspective of a secret organization.

5.) OOC can be handled on this forum or in a discord server. The discord server concept will come with a few neat "supplementary" RP features such as an IC Twitter-like chat exclusively for magical girls that can be used in tandem with the main story.

6.) Characters have no hard power limit. I prefer interesting powers over artificially balanced ones. This goes both ways and if your power is a god-like win all power that cannot be beaten, then it is also not very interesting. Do not worry too much about balancing your character - just keep it within reason.

7.) I require one post a week. Repeated infractions of this rule will lead to a kick from the RP.​

Last edited:
Still looking for partners.

I have an entire universe fleshed out and rearing to go, but I also have the flexibility to let others shape it/create in it also.

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
BIG fan of magical girls here, especially in darker scenarios of which I myself have many, if you'll have me I am 1000% on board! And am already thinking up possible character concepts!

Reactions: SadistPoet
BIG fan of magical girls here, especially in darker scenarios of which I myself have many, if you'll have me I am 1000% on board! And am already thinking up possible character concepts!
Hey! Yes you are very welcome to join my fellow magical girl fanatic. If We don't get more interest I can turn this into a 1x1... of course only if that is okay with you.

Sure! If no one else joins I'm happy to do a 1x1! Wouldn't be the first time a group idea had turned into an awesome 1x1!

I'd definitely be interested, but I haven't said anything because I'm not terribly familiar with the whole "magical girls" genre and wasn't sure I'd have the time to get familiar before there was enough interest to get this on the road.

I'd definitely be interested, but I haven't said anything because I'm not terribly familiar with the whole "magical girls" genre and wasn't sure I'd have the time to get familiar before there was enough interest to get this on the road.
This RP is an inverted anti-magical girl roleplay that draws from its own lore. So, experience in the genre is not required.

Sounds fun. I'd definitely be interested, then.

Not gonna lie, the Sailor Moon make up launch has me feeling all sorts of way- especially nostalgic for the magical girl trope. The fact this is a dark, inverted take on that.. mhm. I'd be very interested if you decided to go through with this.

This sounds very interesting. Consider me on board if you have the room

Alright, with four people interested (leaving it still open) I will make the character sheets tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

I'm kinda interested as well...might make up a character sheet later, and post when possible.

Mind if I migrate to this rp :)

You are more than welcome to migrate here seeing as the other RP is not getting much traction.

Finally, just stating this here to everyone. I require at-least one post a week

Hi, I was at the last interest thread for this (and has a mostly finished CS), I'm going to assume you got things sorted out better now and pitch interest.

Unless you find it too awkward then I won't join, it's really up to you.

Hi, I was at the last interest thread for this (and has a mostly finished CS), I'm going to assume you got things sorted out better now and pitch interest.

Unless you find it too awkward then I won't join, it's really up to you.
You can join! That is in the past :)