Pretending to be my Brother

Hyeon tried to remember if her brother had a girlfriend or was even int he slightest interested in them. Sighing she decided that there was no way that in the end when her brother returned that they wouldn't notice the change so she just went off her own mind on the questions. "Music I don't listen too much unless it's my own stuff, which isn't much. I heard a story once that this person got inspired by another song and they got sued because of it. I'd rather--I don't have the funds to risk that so I try to keep away from other's works," she said as she shrugged.

"I haven't had any girlfriends, and thus, don't have one right now. I'd rather focus on my career right now than on women," she said with a shrug, giving a small smile before taking a bite into a slice of pizza that she had picked up. "What else do you want to know?"

Shin woo raised an eyebrow and looked at the boy and raised an eyebrow. "Why did you choose to become a musician?"

Hyeon blinked over at the man and tilted her head to the side as if seriously considering the question. After a few moments she smiled over at them and shrugged. "I find that the music can transmit ideas from one person to another when it is listened to. Take, for instant, the song that you had me test out earlier," she nodded at Tae Kyung, "Given the right audience it could inspire them into religion, as it did with my sister, or it can inspire them into forming their own songs in an aim to become as good as that one. Music is also a way to transmit emotions. Isn't it our job as musicians to pass along the emotions that the world lives with and make it more comprehensible to our listeners?"

Jeremy listened to what the boy said while Tae Kyung just sat there uninterested in what any of them had to say. But somethings came threw to him even though he didn't intend to listen to it. It was a bit weird that he didn't listen much on music, sure influence could be a bad thing because it was easy that you happened to copy without even knowing it, but getting inspiration from other songs were what often created knew songs. And it wasn't often that people got caught for copying song parts if it wasn't intended, if they did it and it wasn't on purpose then it often were so small pieces so no one really cared to sue them for it. That guy were so careful it was almost ridiculous.

As Hyeon spoke to Tae Kyung about the song he had chosen he turned to look at the boy. He wasn't really interesting in why that guy had joined the music industry or why he wanted to make music.

"If you have been in the business as long as us you wouldn't see it as a job. We play the music we want to play and gets out our emotions, then people can decide themselves if they want to listen or not. Even we have songs that our fans haven't liked that much but we have still continued to play them because it has been fun. The listeners isn't important at all, but if you enjoy what you're doing then they will want to listen even if what you write sounds bad." Jeremy said and smiled.

Tae Kyung shrugged a little and turned to Jeremy "Are you saying I write bad songs?" He asked as he raised his eyebrows. Jeremy laughed nervously and took a big bite on his pizza while saying something that no one could hear because of the food in his mouth. Tae Kyung chuckled a bit and turned back to his own pizza piece.

Hyeon listened intently, watching them carefully as she picked up small amounts of ideas from the words. She couldn't help but laugh as Tae Kyung looked at Jeremy and the boy busied himself with food. It was a soft, gently laughter that was more girlish than boysih and she couldn't help it. This was the laughter that bubbled up inside one until it came out without the will of the occupance. Asfter it had happened she couldn't help but cover her mouth and look down at her food, matching Jeremy in her attempt to hide what had hapened.

Shinwoo stared at her, watching the boy as he first laughed like a girl and then started to eat. What was up with this guy? Why was he so feminine and yet old enough to be otu of puberty? Had he simply not developed correctly, or was there something more to him than met the eye?

Tae Kyung had been looking at his food as a girly laughter suddenly started. That was weird, the only girl there at the moment were the dog. He looked up and saw how Hyeon looked at his food while covering his mouth, that guy seemed to be hiding something. It couldn't have been him who laughed, could it? How could a guy that should have come in to puberty have such a girly voice? Sure it existed, there were some British guy that had a really light voice just like a girl and he were about twenty at this point. It wasn't that normal but maybe Hyeon just were someone that didn't change like normal people did. After all, he hadn't been normal in any way since he got there, maybe it all were some genetic thing. Hopefully he hadn't something that was contagious.

Jeremy's pizza piece slided out of his hand and on to the table as he saw the boy laugh. It sounded way to girly. Just in case he turned to Jollie to see if she were the one laughing, but even he knew that dogs couldn't laugh like that. But that seemed like a better explanation than if Hyeon laughed like that. He turned back to Hyeon that had stopped laughing and looked down on his food instead. Jeremy started to laugh "Wow, not only your singing voice are high, your normal voice can also get high. I bet you could be taken for a girl if you took on a dress and wig."

Hyeon looked everywhere but at the other three guys. Thankfully her manager seemed to have come out of his drunken happiness long enough to save her for this. "Oh come off it Jeremy. Don't tease him about it too much. He can't help it if his voice is a little bit like a girls. He's a great singer and player of the keyboard so you really shouldn't care about anything else," the man said, offering a way from Hyeon to get out of the spotlight--at least for the accidental girlish slip every now and then.

"No one has ever been able to tell me why I sound like that sometimes," Hyeon added with a shrug. "I've learned to just live with it--it comes and it goes. Most of the time I sound like I should, but sometimes it slips in."

"See, an honest reason," the manager said before going back to drinking.

Shin Woo didn't know about his friends, but he didn't believe it for a second. That would have been a good excuse if the boy was still in puberty--but no one he had ever heard about still sounded this girl-like at his age unless they'd been castrated at a young age. Shin Woo took a bite out of his pizza quietly, thoughtfully looking at the city over the edge of the balcony. He'd have to pay a great deal of attention on this boy.

Hyeon stretched a bit as his phone went off again. With a sigh he smiled at everyone and rose from his seat, walking a little ways away to answer it again. This time she didn't scream, or order the other person on the other line to do anything. She simply slipped the phone back into her pocket and returned to the table to finish off her piece of pizza quickly. Her face was pale as she sat there, staring at her now empty plate, waiting for the next transition in their party planning. The girl that had had the gun had shot one of the other homeless people and a nun, and was going to be put into jail since the other workers at the church hadn't been able to calm her down.

"Ah, I see. I'm sorry for teasing you about it." Jeremy said with a smile, honestly believing their story. But Tae Kyung weren't so convinced, if he had cared to think about it more then he would probably have found a lot of weird things in their story. Sure, guys could have really high voice naturally but it was weird that he didn't have it all the time and that it just came and went. Tae Kyung thought it was something weird with the guy but he didn't care to try thinking in on it at the moment. Hyeon wouldn't be there that long anyways, Tae Kyung would make sure he got worked half to death and still he wouldn't be able to reach up to whats expected of him, then Tae Kyung would be able to kick him out without Shin Woo or Jeremy complaining too much. They knew that he had high requirements on people, he had to do very good to be recognized by Tae Kyung.

Hyeon went to take a call but soon came back, his face were pretty pale. Jeremy was uncertain if he should ask what had happened or not, if it were something he didn't want to talk about then maybe the party would be over and he would leave. He gave Hyeon a smile and signaled with his hand that they would be right back before he started to pull both Tae Kyung and Shin Woo inside.

"What are you doing?" Tae Kyung asked irritated as he took back his arm that Jeremy had held. He brushed of the arm out of reflexes, something he always did when people touched him when he really weren't prepared for it to happen or when it were someone he didn't know. "Something seemed to be wrong with Hyeon, maybe we should prepare the cake now so that his mood gets a bit better. I got the feeling that he maybe would leave soon if we didn't do something." Jeremy explained. Tae Kyung just sighted, why did he always get dragged in to stuff he didn't even care about? He just wanted to get out of there so he could finish writing the song he were working on. He were so close to finish it, but if he didn't get the chance to do it soon then maybe his inspiration would disappear.

Shin Woo went to the refridgerator, guessing the young man's intention and pulled out the medium sized cake that they had gotten for the young man that said 'Welcome to A.N.Jell' with small angel wings on it. Then he took out a tube of frosting and quickly applied the words 'Hyeon' onto the cake under the greeting. "Tae Kyung, just do this, this time all right?" he said as he worked, a small smile on his face. Let Tae Kyung get angry with ihm. He would only get mad at him if it was really insulting. Shin Woo wasn't afraid of Tae Kyung's anger though. It just showed that the man cared enough to get angry about something that Shin Woo or Jeremy did. "What is wrong with making the boy feel welcome while he is here, even if you are trying to run him off?"

Hyeon started to pick up the table after the boys left, feeling the need to clean it to keep herself from crying then and there. She was good at keeping herself from crying. After seeing the people of the Church come and go and life and die, she could handle the hurts that would come when calls such as she had just gotten, couldn't she? Sighing she looked around for a place to put the plates before sighing, stacking them and walking into the house towards where she'd seen the kitchen. She paused just as Shin Woo finished his sentence.

What is wrong with making the boy feel welcome while he is here, even if you are trying to run him off? replayed in her mind as she shrunk back before anyone saw her. There was only one person that they could be talking about. Did they not want her brother as part of the band? Had the manager and owner forced her upon them? Had she not done right with something? Or had Tae Kyung told them after all about her paying for the dinner and now they were angry with her?

Fear seized her heart as she tried to figure out if it had been something she had done. Her brother would never forgive her if she screwed this up when he awoke. He would hate her and demand why she couldn't have done better. They looked identical--why couldn't she act like him?

Tae Kyung snorted, why should he welcome someone that shouldn't be welcomed? But Jeremy would probably start begging if he didn't say yes and he really didn't feel like seeing that. "Fine, I'll do it. But I don't see a point in doing it." He said irritated. He wouldn't have had anything against a new member if they had gotten to choose the new member, now it had been more like the manager and director had chosen a person they thought were good and then told them that he would join before they even had met the guy. Of course he weren't happy with that. He knew so many people that would be better choices as their new band member.

"YAY" Jeremy shouted and started to jump up and down before calming down so that he could help Shin Woo with the last preparations on the cake. Hyeon would be so happy when he saw the cake, it would probably make him forget whatever had made him so down all of a sudden.

Hyeon frowned and straightened her shoulders. If they were just going to kick her out, they would have to come up with a damned good reason to. Frowning she bent her head and shuffled into the kitchen just as Jeremy said 'yay'. She looked up and over at them, blinking as she saw the cake that Shin Woo had been working on. "Did," she asked, hesitating, "I interrupt something? Don't mind me, I just wanted to help clean up since the party was for me." She walked over to the sink and put the dished next to it before starting rinse them before putting them in the dishwasher that was right next. She did them in the quick, no nonsense fashion that she had been taught at the Church.

Shin Woo looked over at Jeremy, and motioned with his head for the boy to get the other one out of there so that they could finish making the cake ready as he finished spelling out the name.

Jeremy looked a bit shocked when Hyeon came in to the room and tried to stand in the way for the cake so he at least wouldn't see what was written on it. He choke his head a bit and tried to smile and let out a nervous laugh as Hyeon walked to wash the dishes. As Jeremy looked back at Shin Woo he noticed that he signaled to him to get Hyeon out of the room. He nodded his head a bit and walked to Hyeon and put his hands on Hyeon's shoulders.

"Don't be stupid, this party is for you, you shouldn't do the dishes. Come lets go back up and play some games with the manager." He said and pushed Hyeon with himself out of the room.

Tae Kyung stretched out his arms up in the air before returning to leaning against the wall. "Guess the surprise isn't such a surprise anymore." He commented a bit entertained. "Does this mean I can go back to my room?" He continued even though he already knew that they probably still wanted to keep the plan.

Shin Woo looked back at Tae Kyung as Jeremy led the girl out of the room. "No," he said with a shake of his head. As soon as Jeremy was out of earshot, he looked down at the cake. "I want to make him welcome. We can't let him think that him going and paying for dinner is all right. I figure he has his pride, but I still think you should have scolded him Tae Kyung." He finished the name and put the frosting back in the refrigerator before turning to look at his fellow band mate.

Hyeon struggled only for a moment before figuring they just wanted to have the cake to themselves for some kind of laugh at her and so she let herself be dragged away. "I don't mind doing the dishes Jeremy. I really don't. And I'd rather not play games," she said as she let herself be lead out to the patio area again. "I-I'd rather just get to work on something that you need me to do. There's so much that I have to catch up on being new and all."

Tae Kyung shrugged a bit when Shin Woo told him that he should have scolded Hyeon for paying for the food. "So you knew about that. Well it doesn't surprise me, you always seem to figure out things you shouldn't know." He commented. "If you think he deserves to be scolded then you can scold him yourself, my job is to harass him during work hours, I don't want to bother with a troublesome kid during my free time." He continued.

Jeremy pushed Hyeon down on a chair and looked at the manager. "I'll be right back, you keep an eye on this so he doesn't escape until I am back." Jeremy said with a playful smile while pointing at Hyeon. Then he turned to Hyeon again. "You can start working tomorrow. Trust me, even though you haven't been here for very long you have already worked more than I do in a week." He told Hyeon, it was true. If Tae Kyung didn't tell him to do the dishes or some other chore then he didn't do anything at all. "I will be back in two minutes, so stay." He commanded and then turned to look at Jollie whom was laying under the table. "Jollie, watch him." He said before running inside again to the others.

"Are the cake ready?" He asked as he entered the kitchen, he were a bit nervous that Hyeon maybe would leave again so they would have to force him there once more.

Shin Woo looked at Tae Kyung and frowned. "That isn't the point Tae Kyung. The point is that you should have been the one since you were there. I always find stuff out because I'm quiet and listen," he said before stopping and looking as Jeremy entered the kitchen again. "Yes the cake is done and it's over and we should be able to get it up there soon. We were just discussing something about the job. Tae Kyung was talking about how he was going to scare Hyeon off." He gave Tae Kyung a joking face before picking up the cake and smiled. "If you two want to guide me up, I'll carry it so it doesn't go into the poor lad's face."

Hyeon fidgeted in her seat and sighed. What was she going to do? She didn't want to stay there. She attempted to get up but Jolie bit his leg gently to hold her there like Jeremy had told her to. Hyeon sighed, "Fine girl, I'll stay here," she replied and reached down and scratched behind the dog's ear.

"You've made it through one of the hardest things during this," the manager said with a alcoholic giggle.

"Finding out that my friends are getting shot and arrested because I wasn't there to help out?" Hyeon asked in anger, for the first time showing her emotions on the thing. The manager and owner silenced themselves and looked at her in surprise. "That I won't ever be able to see a very good friend because she was shot to death by another friend of mine? What did I get through that's so hard in your mind? Pretending to be a boy and getting my brother what he's wanted? You don't know hard. You just get to have a drink and laugh as I try to do what I'm supposed to to save my brother's hide!" She got up and walked away from the two men to lean over the balcony, glaring out over the city. Jollie followed the girl over and pawed gently at the girl's leg, not liking the anger that had been there before.

"You shouldn't be so mean to him Tae Kyung." Jeremy complained. "I give the guy one week, if he survive then maybe I will try to not be too mean to him." Tae Kyung told him with a small smirk. Jeremy hit Tae Kyung on the arm playfully before pulling him to Shin Woo so that he wouldn't try to get away from it again.

"Now we'll take this cake to him so he can feel welcomed before Tae Kyung becomes the evil king of night and scares him away." Jeremy said and felt how a death glare hit him but he didn't look at Tae Kyung.

Shin woo smiled and shook his head. "Don't call Tae Kyung the evil king of night," he said with a chuckle as he started towards the stairs with the cake in hand. "He'd probably find it a good nickname and make us bow down before him." He reached the steps and carefully stepped up, feeling the next step with his foot before he'd take another step up. "Who knew walking up stairs with a cake was so hard," he grumbled.

Hyeon turned and started to walk away from the manager and owner of the band, her shoulders hunched forward. She had ever intention of leaving and never returning and letting them find out about her brother but Jollie stopped her by biting her ankle lightly. "Girl, stop it," she said before she heard the boys coming up the stairs. She looked over at the stairs and sighed. She should tell them what was going on. It wasn't right to lie to them like this.

"Now when you mention it, I should make you bow down to me. I must live up to my nickname after all, right Jeremy?" Tae Kyung said with a grin. Jeremy made a nervous laugh and turned his head away from Tae Kyung, "I think you already do live up to it though." He said and tried to help Shin Woo to hold up the cake.

As they came up the stairs Jeremy noticed that Hyeon were standing up, had he tried to leave? Tae Kyung almost cursed in his head that they hadn't taken it more slowly so that the guy would have been able to leave before they got there.

"Congrats for joining A.N.Jell Hyeon." Jeremy said with a friendly smile while Tae Kyung just turned away his head and just looked bored. Any person would understand that he didn't want to be there just by looking at him. He should be in his room and finish the song, instead he let his band members make him do unnecessary things.

Hyeon turned her gaze to the cake and blinked as Shin Woo joined Jeremy in his welcome. The anger on her face slowly faded as she stared at the cake, speechless. She would have said that she wanted to just go to sleep, but the cake looked amazing. That she had never had cake before didn't help. She felt her mouth water and then she felt horrible for not feeling bad still for her friend. "I-Thank you," she said, looking down at the ground. "I'll do my best to earn that welcome."

"You earned the welcome when you joined and dealt with Tea Kyung for a day," Shin Woo said with a laugh before taking the cake over to the table and pulling out the plates that they had set aside for the cake. "Come on Hyeon, Tae Kyung. Let's get each of us a piece of cake."

"Are-Are you sure that I can have a piece?" Hyeon asked, her eyes widening as she took a hesitant step forward to look at the beautiful cake. "I mean-It looks so beautiful and all the cake's I've seen have been for special occasions or for display and stuff." Her eyes were locked on the cake in some sort of trance.

"But it is a special occasion, we celebrate that you have joined us. If that isn't special then I don't know what is." Jeremy said and cut a piece of cake and handed it to Hyeon. "And it's not like we can eat the whole thing ourselves, what would our fans say if we became fat over a night." Jeremy laughed and cut up a piece to himself too.

"Be careful Jemery, you look rounder after just looking at the cake." Tae Kyung teased and Jeremy stuck out his tongue at him before taking the first bite of the cake. He had always loved sweets and ate some sort of candy almost every day, but he had never needed to go to the dentist.

Tae Kyung on the other hand weren't that in to sweet stuff even though he could eat them sometimes now and then. That's why he only took a small piece of the cake so that it wouldn't be too much, his stomach would probably not be able to take too much cream when he hadn't eaten any cream in a long time.

"If you don't mind then I will get back to my room, some of us actually have work to do." Tae Kyung said as he turned around, he had stayed a bit on the party and he had walked with them with the cake, they shouldn't ask more than that off him.

((I thought I maybe should do Jeremy a bit like honey-senpai from ouran koukou (high school) host club, have you seen that? Then we could have a funny dentist part in the rp later xD hahah))

((i have seen it and it's amazing :3 Hoooneeeey~Seeeemmmpaaaai~ ))

Hyeon took the plate as if it were made out of gold and was still staring at it when Tae Kyung said that he was going to leave. She blinked out of the reverie she had for the cake and turned to look at him. Despite her previous anger, she bowed, even though he was turned away. "Thank you Tae Kyung," she said before straightening and looking to the side. "I'll get to work as soon as this party is over with." She then turned and picked up the plate with her cake that she had set down and delicately took a cake. Slowly, as if worried that it would vanish if she would try to eat it, she took the first bite.

"You don't have to worry about working this evening. Tae Kyung just doesn't like parties and prefers--Hyeon, are you all right?" Shin Woo was saying as he cut himself a piece and looked up at the new member.

Her eyes were as wide as saucers as she first chewed the piece of cake in her mouth and then swallowed. Slowly she looked up from the cake with a look of pure pleasure. "No one," she whispered, "ever told me how wonderful cake was."

Tae Kyung glanced at the boy when he thanked him before he walked inside again, what was wrong with him? He must have understood that he hated Hyeon, so why did he thank him? His behavior was almost girly, he should get rid of that guy as fast as possible. He went to his room and started to write on the song he had started on some days earlier while eating a bit of the cake, it was just some few places that had to be fixed in the song and he wanted to finish that before the morning so they could start rehearsing the song as fast as possible. But maybe it would be better if he made sure the new guy got kicked out of the group before he started giving out the new song. It was something he had to think about.

Jeremy looked after Tae Kyung as he walked inside, "He could at least have eaten the cake with us before he went." Jeremy mumbled to himself but soon got into the others discussion again.
"You never eaten cake before? We can go and eat cake everyday if you want to, I know ten of the best cafe's in town where they have delicious cakes." He said happily.