PRESSURE

Hecatoncheires

un jour je serai de retour près de toi
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
logo_small-1.png

“A man once said that the horrors hidden in the depths of the sea were nothing compared to those that lurk in the depths of man's mind.

I say he gave too much credit to mankind...”

- Suicide Note of Adrian Priestly, First Director of the Nautilus Facility

Over two miles below the surface of the Pacific Ocean.

Welcome to the Nautilus Facility, a secret zoological research lab attempting to discover the secrets of the ocean's depths. A place of pioneering biological investigations and discoveries, where strange creatures are studied and documented for the first time in the history of the human race.

Yet the crew are about to discover that some things are best left undiscovered.

Something has gone wrong with the facility.

Something has been released.

Over two miles below the Pacific Ocean; no help is coming. The surviving crew members must band together if they hope to live long enough to escape the dying facility.

But they must tred carefully.

Because now they walk through flooded hallways and laboratories populated with creatures of nightmare from the depths of the ocean. Time is not on their side, and neither is nature; the facility is dying, slowly but surely.

And if they don't escape in time, they'll find out just how terrifying the ocean can be.

THE RULES
1. Join with the understanding that your character may very well be eaten by terrifying sea monsters from the depths
2. Join with the understanding that the aforementioned monsters may drive your character insane
3. Choose a Name, Appearance, and Role (your position in the station)
4. Select one of the following Departments that your character will belong to, which will affect the Secret your character starts with (please make sure the occupation you choose fits into the Department). Don't put any background history in your bio (feel free to to write up your character's personality, however)

- Trench Excavation and Investigation
- Aqua-Biology Department
- Biospecimen Research Lab
- Maintenance and Engineering

5. Choose your Starting Equipment (The game is set in contemporary times, ensure your equipment suits your role on the station)
6. Choose a starting SANITY between 40 and 60
7. Divide 135 points between the following three stats:

i. IDEA
ii. KNOWLEDGE
iii. LUCK

8. Leave an entry at the bottom of your bio entitled 'RESEARCH LOCATED'; you can use it to store information your character has found about what's really been going on in the facility
9. Start praying to the Roleplay Gods that you don't get eaten by giant sea monsters​

THE STATS
(Note: These are blatantly stolen from Asmo because he explains them well and I'm lazy)
KNOWLEDGE: If you want a technical detail, such as "What is this artefact made of?", "How do I make fire from a cockroach and a handkerchief?", "Can I fire this Commie gun?" or "Does my character know the constellations?", then roll a Knowledge check and if successful, I'll give you the answers or confirm that you have that skill. This is a very useful stat for intelligent, educated characters.

IDEA: If you want a clue from the GM, such as "Was the killer a female?" or "Am I right to go to the Antique's Shop?" or "Should I trust this guy?", then roll an Idea Check and if successful I'll point you in the right direction. This is a useful stat for deductive, quick-thinking characters.

LUCK: If you want to pull a crazy stunt, or if I throw something dangerous at you, then roll a Luck Check and I'll tell you what you achieve. This is the primary stat for more physical, tough characters.

SANITY: I'll ask you all to make Sanity Checks and then deduct accordingly depending on what horrors you witness.​

* * *​

It's a well-known fact that Mother Nature is a bitch sometimes.

And the ocean often seems to be the best demonstration of this fact.

'PRESSURE' is a game about Mother Nature and her various fucked-up children from the depths laying their wrath down upon your characters; the facility you're in has been breached and is slowly flooding, soon to be sucked down into the depths of the ocean, and your escape from it is made all the more complicated by the creatures that have been released into the flooding corridors and rooms. Terrifying, monstrous creatures so strange and unique they might as well be from a different planet.

In short, your work's cut out for you. Best stick together if you want to survive.

'PRESSURE' is set in modern times, two miles below the surface of the Pacific Ocean. Depending on which Department you select for your character to belong to, I'll send you a PM with your character's SECRET. This is some of the more dangerous knowledge that your character holds regarding the facility, information that may hint what exactly caused the disaster.

I've written up a list of suggested character occupations if you guys are stumped for ideas; feel free to use them, or come up with something yourselves.

Engineer
Security Officer
Micro Biologist
Communications Officer
Medical Officer
Maintenance Worker
Marine Biologist
Researcher
Submarine Pilot
Excavator
Diver

HTML:
[b]Name:[/b]
[B]Appearance:[/B] (image preferred; use of anime will result in death by firing squad etc.)
[B]Role:[/B]
[B]Department:[/B]
[B]SANITY:[/B]

[B][U]STATS[/U][/B]
[B]Idea:[/B]
[B]Knowledge:[/B]
[B]Luck:[/B]

[B]Starting Equipment:[/B] (all characters will start with a PDA and a security card (I'll tell you in your PM what clearance your character's card is)

[B]RESEARCH FOUND:[/B]

1294166179868_small.jpg

Name: Doctor Yuri Radinov

Role: Microbiologist
Department: Biospecimen Research Lab

SANITY: 40

Idea: 50

Knowledge: 50

Luck: 35

Starting Equipment: PDA, security card, bio-test kit.

RESEARCH FOUND:

I need to talk to you about my idea.

Fire me a PM then, man. Let me know what you've got in mind and we'll see if we can't work something out.

Name: Office Fotin.
Appearance: Officer Fotin
Role: Security Officer
Department: Trench Excavation and Investigation

SANITY: 40

STATS
Idea: 40
Knowledge: 45
Luck: 55

Starting Equipment: PDA, Secruity Card, Diving Suit, 9mm pistol, Name tag, taser.

RESEARCH FOUND:

updated.

Name: Dr. Civvi "Civ" Carrington

attachment.php

Role: Marine Biologist/Oceanographer

Department: Aqua-Biology Department

SANITY: 55

STATS:

Idea: 40

Knowledge: 50

Luck: 45

Starting Equipment: PDA, Security Card, Inhaler, Pack of Gum, Ballpoint Pen, and a Specimen Treatment Pack

RESEARCH FOUND:

*plans to steal that pack of gum before the roleplay is out*

YURI'S SPECIAL MOTIVATION HAS BEEN DECIDED.

Also Idylle, you're welcome to take more equipment than that. As a Security Officer you'll have access to a firearm (just a pistol, mind) and if you're a part of the Trench team you probably have access to some sort of pressurised Diving Suit. Plus some other stuff you find appropriate.

Name: Gregory Hunt
Role: Diver/Sub Pilot
Department: Trench Excavation and Investigation
SANITY: 50

STATS
Idea: 50
Knowledge: 40
Luck: 45

Starting Equipment:

Security Card (crappy photo)
PDA (coffee stained)
2000 lieges under the sea (paperback)
Deep sea diving suit (integrated communications system, naked mermaid painted on one side of the helmet)
Emergency depressurization kit (basically just morphine so you don't scream so much as you die but also helium to mix with the air in the sub)
Lucky diving belt (has a horse shoe)
Knife (never go underwater without one)
High powered underwater flashlight and camera (has rails to be mounted on helmet)

RESEARCH FOUND:

2000 'lieges' under the sea, a comprehensive fiction on the ruling family of Atlantis.

Don't make fun of people's typos, Jack.

It's insensitive and just makes you look like a jerk.

Actually it's 2000 LEAGUES Under The Sea, Vay. ^_^ Not being mean like Jack at all! But change the spelling pleeeeeease! i get jittery whenever I see something misspelled and the person doesn't change it! And Idy, you also spelled Security wrong. :D

This has been Phoenix: Great Speller and Typo-Correcter!!!! :D :D

*chortles in the corner*

Name: Gregory Carpenter
Appearance:
macready-getting-his-beard-on.jpg

Role: Engineer
Department: Maintenance and Engineering

SANITY: 60

STATS
Idea: 20
Knowledge: 60
Luck: 40