Pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Orange Juice

Original poster

• + the story +

Everyone knows Mother Nature - and the weather and natural disasters that she entails. You can feel it, see it, and watch how it effects your daily lives - school, work, the roads, your house, your wallet. There's the nature that everyone likes - light rains, gentle breezes, sunny days and those big fluffy white clouds in a blue sky - the good nature. On the other side of the coin, there's the weather and natural disasters that meteorologists try to predict. The big storms, blizzards, wildfires and floods that force people to flee or stay inside or even completely change human lives. The dangerous nature - the bad nature.

Those two sides have been fighting each other for eons - both the major, and the minor. The bad and the good. But what really defines good and bad - is it the immediate effects, or what happens afterwards?

+ the plot +

You are nature, personified. You are the closest things to gods on this earth, but still - you are not omnipotent, and you are not perfect. There had been fighting for eons between the 'good' and the 'bad', and even fighting within the two sides was becoming increasingly more common. It didn't stop until Mother Nature stepped in - a neutral force in this fight, with a single word, a posed question: "Why?"

It was with this question that the fighting stopped, perhaps temporarily, and an uneasy truce was formed. The fighting would stop until the answer to that question was found. Now, some of the natural forces have been sent down to earth from their places in the heavens to find answers.

1. Follow all of Iwaku's rules
    2. Post at least two detailed paragraphs
    3. I don't expect there to be much physical fighting, but arguments and interpersonal conflict are to be expected
    4. Up to one character
    5. Don't start any OOC drama
    6. I will post at least once every 1-2 weeks, post at least as often as that
    7. You can play any force of nature you can think of - not just the ones listed.

• Code:
    [b]Name:
    Force of Nature:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b] (image + description please, and I'd prefer it if there was no anime.)

[b]Personality:

Abilities:

Misc:[/b]

Accepted Characters:

Last edited by a moderator:

Name:
Karli
Force of Nature:
Blizzard
Appearance:
She stands at an average height of 5'7" with snow-white hair and crystal blue eyes and pale skin. She has a small bust and only slightly curved hips with feet that she considers to be too big, though they are really average-sized.
Personality:
WIP
Misc:

Last edited:
Love the sig @kimsim12.

9b471b92c13b7d47886dd5ea8c2f281a.jpg

Name:
Tana-Kai

Force of Nature:
Wildfire

Appearance:
Tana stands at a short height of only 5'5" and only weighs about 120 lbs. Compared to her outrageously bright hair her skin seems incredibly pale, a complete contrast to the boldness of her blue eyes. Despite her smaller frame, Tana's hair is large and wild, somewhat resembling the mane of a lion. Curly and full of volume, the tips reach the edges of her hip bones (imagine that straightened!). Because one's attention is inevitably drawn to her hair, the small tattoo on the back of her left hand is easily overlooked.

[spoili]
2017_celtic-flameknot.jpg
[/spoili]

Tana's natural appearance is bold enough without the addition of clothing, but something about her won't allow her to dress normally. One would find her wearing one of two things. Beautiful flowing fabrics that weigh next to nothing (always is a obnoxiously bright color) or short, frame hugging outfits (but at least the color is dull). She hates shoes and will often try to ditch them, but when you do see her wearing them, they are Grecian sandals... In addition, she wears very little jewelry, just one gold anklet on her right leg.

Personality:
One word to describe Tana: Intense. Everything she does is an extreme and chalk-full of energy. If she's happy, she'll be dancing around and singing her heart out. If she's sad, cue the obnoxious waterworks. And if she's angry, which happens a lot with her short fuse, she can be found stomping about cursing and screaming.

She's not violent per say, but she doesn't realize her own strength sometimes, and most definitely doesn't think things through before she does them. No matter how innocent something she starts is, it ultimately spirals into a raging problem. Tana also is also what you would call a swayable neutral. She might not pick a side, but with some clever words, she can be tricked into unintentionally doing something for someone.

And like a wildfire, Tana's energy is infectious. It's so overwhelming that you can feel it the moment she steps into a room. It's hard not to smile when she does, but of course that also stands true with her other emotions as well. So perhaps a better word to describe her would be 'chaotic'. Not doing, just being... Why else would such a cute girl be considered bad?

Abilities:
Pyrokinesis: Tana can control any fire already blazing, as well as create one from the smallest of sparks. Additionally she can spark her own flame by directing immense heat at a flammable object (wood, cloth, oil ect...).

Naturally resistant to cold temperatures.

Misc:
Tans is a big lover of the performing arts, captivated by music and dance.

~~~
dylan-obrien-teen-wolf-Favim.com-835536.gif

Name:
Xander

Force of Nature:
Rain

Appearance:
Xander stands at only 6', one of the smaller guys for sure. He has dark black hair and light blue eyes so clear you can almost see the water ripple behind them. His choice of attire is always casual and usually modern, currently being a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. Occasionally he likes to throw on the faux glasses and a beanie, giving off the hipster vibe, but it's what makes him the most comfortable.

Personality:
While not exactly shy, Xander is a bit of a pushover. He's not too big on conflict and so he does his best to distance himself from fighting. Xander is one of the calmer one of the group but his feelings are easily hurt. He's the kind of guy who wears his heart on his sleeve and cries for the oddest of reasons. His tears of joy are equivalent to springtime rain, whereas his sadness is reflective of cold winter rains. As easily as his feelings are hurt, they can be lifted making him seem rather bi-polar at times, but overall Xander is sweet as can be.

Abilities:
Rain: Xander can conjure rain whenever he wishes, even without the presence of clouds.

Water Gate: He can travel through bodies of water that the rain has touched.

Water Resistance: If Xander doesn't want to get wet, he doesn't.

Misc:
Has a strange fascination with lizards.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Name: Mia
Force of Nature: Snow

Appearance:
6271e66998d8b3890369fe9787d8c28e.jpg

Personality: Mia is a very gentle woman who has the voice of an angel. She loves being kind to others, she is usually seen helping others when they are in need. Unfortunately her skin is really cold and so she gets shy whenever people point it out; as many do not enjoy touching the cold. Not that Mia blames them, its just how snow is. Though soft at a touch, its still frosty. With a deep patience for everything comes wisdom; snow has lived for so long just like many of the others.

Abilities:
Snow-
Mia can make it snow at both a slow and fast pace, given time and she can have have you knee deep in snow for miles.

Snow Travel- Mia can use her snow to travel upon, seeming to have physically disappeared.

Misc:

Last edited:
  • Love
ErIIMtQ.jpg

Name:
Andrea

Force of nature:
Calm

Appearance:
She never changes out of the large brownish sweater that covers her shorts because it is too big. She refuses to wear shoes or pants that cover her legs. The only other thing Andrea wears are plenty of woven bracelets.

Personality:
Andrea is a very talkative person. Always happy and calm. Her emotions, however, are unstable and she is not very altruistic. Andrea is not one to make friends, but she will not hesitate to start conversation. She is of course caring of Earth and wishes that the people who lived on it would be more careful with it. Andrea despises machines.​

Last edited:
  • Love
2gwt8k9.jpg

Name: Jayce
Force of Nature:
Breeze

Appearance: He's a large man, standing at nearly 6'3" and weight over 170 pounds. He is very fit for his size however, much of his body being toned muscle. Despite how large he is, he's also incredibly fast.
He typically dresses in whatever the modern style is though definitely prefers looser fitting clothing.

Personality: Jayce is active, mouthy, loud and doesn't really know when to shut up. He can become violently angry in an instant with little to no warning at all. He pretty much never has a plan for anything, much preferring to live in the moment and letting the chips fall where they may so to speak. He is generally good-natured and friendly though, despite erratic mood changes that can occur. He's always got a smile and something to say.

Abilities: Manipulate the air to send messages. Flight.

Misc: Doesn't see the point of the constant conflicts

• Love
I actually thought this roleplay was female characters only at first XD

Reactions: Karma200
XD Well, it doesn't help that nature is primarily depicted in media/literature as female sooo... I think I'll make a guy character as well to balance things out more.

• Love
I will also be making a guy character just waiting to see what's left (because I want to balance it out.)I'm setting a deadline for you guys to finish your characters (October 4th) and if you can't make it then PM me. Also, to those of you who don't know what to put down for abilities - think of what your nature does. Calm could have an aura of calm, breeze could manipulate the air to send messages. If you're one of the natures I used as an example, I won't kill you if you use those.

I will also be making a guy character just waiting to see what's left (because I want to balance it out.)I'm setting a deadline for you guys to finish your characters (October 4th) and if you can't make it then PM me. Also, to those of you who don't know what to put down for abilities - think of what your nature does. Calm could have an aura of calm, breeze could manipulate the air to send messages. If you're one of the natures I used as an example, I won't kill you if you use those.

I've finally finished the first CS, I can have the second one finished by the time I go to bed tonight.

Awesome, I'll just go ahead and put that in there haha
Would it be ok to develop abilities as we go?

Added my male character to the same post as my other one.

May I reserve Earthquake and Breeze? Should have my Cs's up tonight or tomorrow ♥

@Brea Someone's already made a character for breeze, but you can reserve Earthquake.

#39bd5a
"Reality sucks."
tumblr_n5448d6Vq51syjjzho8_250.gif
tumblr_n35bo4RsnZ1qc2oe7o2_250.gif
tumblr_n544bw3oSU1syjjzho10_250.gif
tumblr_n35bo4RsnZ1qc2oe7o1_250.gif
tumblr_n544a5ujgp1syjjzho2_250.gif

tumblr_n76sgm6XMl1rftd23o7_250.gif
tumblr_inline_n5440tVdOl1rw5uj9.gif
tumblr_n3b3fxUHoX1t7u3z8o3_250.gif
tumblr_n76sgm6XMl1rftd23o6_250.gif
tumblr_inline_n54411yHXM1rw5uj9.gif

Name:
"You can call me Terra, it's much easier."
. Terrabeth (Terra) .

Force of Nature:
"I can ruin a whole city in a matter of minutes."
. Earthquake .

Appearance:
"Blonde, average height, nothing special."
Eyes- Light Blue
Hair- Bleach Blonde
Height- 5'5''
Weight- 136 lbs
Build- Athletic
Birthmark- [spoili]
birth-mark1%20(244%20x%20260).jpg
[/spoili]
Piercings- Ear lobes, once.
Scars- A few on her hands, and one on her elbow from a horse riding incident.

Personality:
"I guess I can have a bit of a temper."
. Terra is a bit tricky to figure out. She usually tries to act uninterested and uncaring by everything, when everything actually gets to her. She often feels guilty for things that are not her fault, because she feels she is responsible for everything that happens around her. While she tries to
to do so in discrete ways, she is constantly helping someone. Whether it is with or without them knowing. She takes pride not in the praise she gets for doing something nice but from simply knowing she did it. People who do not know he well think she is boring,and it is sad to say they are not entirely wrong. However, that does not mean she is not worth befriending. Terra has plenty of good qualities to balance out the bad. She is very calm and collected, allowing her to preform stressful tasks with ease. She is a fast learner, and is always trying to improve herself, and is a bit of an overachiever. Sadly, Terra tends to care too much, which usually ends up hurting her in the end. She also had very unstable mood swings- she could be having the best day ever, and one wrong statement will set her off in a rampage. She can be very aggressive and confrontational. She is also very secretive.

Abilities:
"Haven't you ever experienced an earthquake?"
. She can literally cause the ground to tremble, at any magnitude she wishes. Sometimes she can even split the ground apart. Her ability is extremely unstable, and often influenced by her mood. So, it's probably best to avoid upsetting her .

Misc:
"I think I've shared enough."
Likes- Cuddling, Jolly Ranchers, Cherries, Wrestling, Road Trips, Youtube, Arguing, and Marshmallows.
Dislikes- Spicy Food, Blood, Rap, Roller Coasters, Granola Bars, Dancing, Horror Movies, Electronics, Public Speaking, High Places, Perfume, Legos, Busy Work, Hats and Soup.

"Why me? More like try me."

Last edited:
I apologize for not replying - no notifications for some reason.

@WeepingLiberty @Brea @Karma200
Also, for those of you who have made multiple characters -- I thought about it, and I'll be accepting only one for the sake of simplicity. Having multiple characters per person confuses me, whether I'm writing in or hosting the RP.

Status
Not open for further replies.