Pressure of Appearance

(( I was planning on doing a time skip. Then do a little scene of them on the park. Then another time skip ))

ohkay. :D
want to start?

The sun set and excitement built up inside Serenity. She silently slipped from her window, dropping gracefully to the ground. Waving her hand quickly a thin veil of shadow surrounded her so she could slip unseen to the park. That's where she and Demetri were supposed to meet.

Serenity took her seat on the picnic table where she was sitting earlier. Leaning back she looked up at the stars and lost herself in the sky. The darkness of it was so inviting. Only things that were important could be seen, everything else could easily be hidden. In her mind, she was everything else. That's why the shadows appealed to her so much, that's why her shadows appealed to her. It was comforting knowing that at any moment she could be hidden.

Without thinking about it she formed a ball of shadow between her palms. She needed to let the energy be release because she hadn't had time to do it all day. Plus, who would see a ball of shadow among shadow? Not many people unless they were looking hard enough.

Demetri looked at the time, seeing as it was time to go meet Serenity in the park. He told Adyn to cover for him, in case anyone asked where he was headed.

Demetri went through the back door, hopping his fence with gentle ease. He looked at the time, seeing that he was running just on time. He hummed softly, as his hands started to warm up in his front jacket pockets. Energy coursed through his veins, running all the way to his finger tips. He needed to release energy. He bit his lip, making sure no one was looking as he let the light emit from his fingers, his hands balled up in front of him as he walked. He finally made it to the park, and cut his energy short.

"Serenity?" he spoke out into the open, as he made it to the bench they sat on before.

She quickly let the ball disappear when she heard his voice. The last thing she needed him to think was that she was a freak. At least she felt a bit more calmer now that energy has been released. "I'm here," Serenity said softly back and sat up. "Glad you made it." She grinned and hugged him immediately. Everything was going fine. Demetri had shown up. She was in the darkness. It couldn't go better. Maybe she might share her secret. Depends on if she finds him trustworthy.

"Are you good at secrets?" Serenity asked out of nowhere.

Demetri eased up once she came over to him and gave him a hug. The darkness made him a bit uneasy, it taunted him to no end. He looked at her in confusion, when she asked if he could keep secrets.

She had no idea.

"Yeah, of course...why?" Demetri asked her, his hands deep in his pockets as he sat down on the bench, his fingertips going hot, then getting cold...and repeating all over again as he released energy in small bits and pieces. He was almost halfway to relaxation, just needing to do it a couple more times. He had held it in for a long time now, and was even getting the shivers and jitters from not using his energy.

"You'll see," she whispered then stepped to where a street light shined a bit. With a deep sigh she looked over at him as she raised her hands conjuring a black mass between her palms. A smirk played on her lips as she watched her shadows form in front of her. It felt nice releasing more and more energy. It was nice letting someone else see. Moving her palms farther apart caused the ball to spread. Serenity nodded and allowed her shadows to disappear.

Shyly she walked back to him and sat on the table a bit farther away from him not to sure how he would react. "What do you think?"

Demetri looked at her in shock, he wasn't alone. His family, wasn't alone! He felt relief, shock, and surprise go through his body before he answered her. "Uh..Serenity, can you keep a secret?" he asked her with a quirked eyebrow and a low voice. He looked around, and took his hands out of his pockets, to reveal his fingertips glowing dully in the dark. He snapped his fingers, causing a minuscule ball to grow in his palms. He let his hands spread, showing her a soft ball of blue fire, meaning she could touch it if she wanted to.

Her eyes widened in amazement. She wasn't the only one out there. No longer was it her against the world. Demetri would be right there next to her. "DO you know how happy I am to know I'm not alone?" Her voice cracked slightly. Serenity didn't fully understand why she was crying at first but soon it became clear.

She had been alone her whole life. It had only been her and her secret. Now, she wasn't alone. she had someone she could rely on and trust. Someone who would understand what she meant when she said her veins ached. She could freely use her power when energy needed to be released. From this moment on her life was going to change, and she would embrace it.

Soon interest took over and she walked over to Demetri. At first she hesitated as she stretched her hands towards the blue orb. Gently she put her fingers in it. Energy coursed through her fingers. It didn't hurt at first but after keeping her hand in the ball for a minute her veins began aching as she fed of Demetri's energy. "You aren't scared of my shadows are you?" She asked softly and stepped closer to him.

"Don't cry, please," Demetri asked her, ready to freak out.

She calmed quickly, then asked a question.

Was he? Hell yes. He was terrified for shadows, because they were the opposite of what he was used to. He chewed the inside of his lip, as he released the small blue orb into the air, letting it disperse.

"Am I sacred? Yes. But since it's coming from you...not as much, it's a thrilling fear," Demetri answered truthfully, giving her a half-smile.

"You should see all of my brothers and Rubee...they've all got so called 'gifts' as well," Demetri informed her, wondering how that would make her feel.

"well, you know opposites attract," she said softly as she blushed. Serenity hesitated a bit then moved closer, pulling him into a kiss. It felt amazing. She could feel his energy coursing through his body. Never would she have imagined his kiss feeling like this. The fact that he even feared her in the slightest worried her. "Well they are nothing to fear I promise you. Plus your light can shine through my shadow." Serenity giggled softly. "I would love to see what your siblings have. After this." She smirked then wrapped her arms loosely around his neck kissing him again.

Demetri blushed brightly, seeing how forward she was with him.

It was thrilling.

Demetri let his hands slither around her waist, pulling her closer to him. Now it was his turn to actually kiss her. She caught him off guard, twice.

Finally, Demetri lowered down to her slowly, giving her lips a soft, but urging kiss. He let his tongue lick lightly on her bottom lip, as he kept her close, feeling butterflies grow in his stomach, his heart beating violently.

Serenity smiled into their kiss. Her fingers gently tangled into his hair at the base of his neck as she gently trapped his lip between her teeth. She pulled away just bit and looked up into her eyes. "Does this mean we are dating?" Her voice sounded hopeful, but she would understand if the answer was no. After all they just did start talking and now she was basically making out with the guy... Serenity hoped he didn't think she was a whore or something.

Demetri chuckled at how cute she seemed, she didn't even try at that!

"How about I actually take you on a date, then we can say we're dating. Matter of fact, what are you doing tomorrow night?" he asked her quietly, not needing to talk so loudly because they were lip to lip. Hip to hip, and eye to eye. He didn't let his hands move at all from around her waist, feeling how normal yet different it felt to hold her. This was different, because it was Serenity.

"Tomorrow night? I am going on a date with you," she said softly and bit her lower lip as she smiled.

Her heart raced with excitement. She was really dating someone.. well about to! Not only that, but he was so handsome and had gifts just like her. Everything seemed perfect. It felt as if they were the only people alive until two figures appeared out of the darkness. They both were in black suits.. all official looking. There faces couldn't be seen because of the shadows of night.

"You two are a danger to society. Would you please come with me?" A deep voice said and began reaching towards the couple.

Serenity shook her head and clung to Demetri. She didn't know who these men were and why they were saying they were a danger. A deep sigh sounded in the darkness before the other man spoke. His voice was lighter but just as threatening.

"The power that you guys have isn't something to be toyed with. We are bureau who takes care of your kind," a sinister smile crept across his face, his white teeth flashing in the darkness.

Demetri wasn't taking any of this lightly. He scrunched his eyebrows at the two men that were only a couple feet away. "Don't sugar coat it, what do you mean takes care of our kind?" Demetri asked, already on edge and ready to do anything to save both him and Serenity.

"And if we don't go with you?" he asked another question, ready to attack if anything.

"Your kind meaning people who have what they think are gifts. They do not need to be in society. Deaths to citizens have been attributed to your kind," the man with the lighter voice said. "I'm agent Marshall. My friend here is agent Grady."

"As for not coming with us. We have our ways to get you to comply." Grady stepped closer to the couple.

Serenity pulled at Demetri's hand trying to think through a plan. Suddenly she wrapped her shadows around him and pulled him towards their house. That was their only chance to get away. In the distance they could hear the agents cursing under their breaths. She let her shadows drop once she was behind his house.

"Demetri, we have to leave.. they are going to find us," Serenity said, beginning to panic.

"How can we just leave? My brothers, and Rubee, Serenity, are you sure you just want to leave this life?" he asked her softly, fearing for his family. He wasn't the only one that had gifts, all of his brothers and sister did. If he and Serenity were now in trouble, so were all of them, all nine of them..

"Just, come on," he murmured to her as he swiftly made it to his home. He walked into the backyard, walking on the edge of the house, until he made it to the back door. He burst through the door with Serenity, and looked at his father sitting at the desk. The look Demetri gave him, meant everything. "I'll get the bags," his father noted. Demetri then looked down at Serenity. "Look, just sit right here, okay?" he asked her softly, kissing her forehead for reassurance, and he was off to get his brothers and sister.