Pressure - A Personified Forces of Nature RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Orange Juice

Original poster

+ the story +

Everyone knows Mother Nature - and the weather and natural disasters that she entails. You can feel it, see it, and watch how it effects your daily lives - school, work, the roads, your house, your wallet. There's the nature that everyone likes - light rains, gentle breezes, sunny days and those big fluffy white clouds in a blue sky - the good nature. On the other side of the coin, there's the weather and natural disasters that meteorologists try to predict. The big storms, blizzards, wildfires and floods that force people to flee or stay inside or even completely change human lives. The dangerous nature - the bad nature.

Those two sides have been fighting each other for eons - both the major, and the minor. The bad and the good. But what really defines good and bad - is it the immediate effects, or what happens afterwards?

+ the plot +

You are nature, personified. You are the closest things to gods on this earth, but still - you are not omnipotent, and you are not perfect. There had been fighting for eons between the 'good' and the 'bad', and even fighting within the two sides was becoming increasingly more common. It didn't stop until Mother Nature stepped in - a neutral force in this fight, with a single word, a posed question: "Why?"

It was with this question that the fighting stopped, perhaps temporarily, and an uneasy truce was formed. The fighting would stop until the answer to that question was found. Now, some of the natural forces have been sent down to earth from their places in the heavens to find answers.

+ misc +

So, this has been on my mind for a while now, and I thought it'd be an interesting thing to find a group and RP out. I just want to make sure other people are interested in it, too. I'm up for suggestions and the natural forces you can play aren't limited to the ones I listed - those are just the ones that first came to my mind.

-Orange Juice

Ooooh, this sounds pretty cool. I'm totally in!

Just out of curiosity: What about "hybrids"? Like Fire Twisters you might see out in California right now. Would someone like that exists or are they supposed to be the "pure" forms of their nature?

Ooooh, this sounds pretty cool. I'm totally in!

Just out of curiosity: What about "hybrids"? Like Fire Twisters you might see out in California right now. Would someone like that exists or are they supposed to be the "pure" forms of their nature?
They certainly exist, just haven't been really elevated to the state that the main forms of nature have - more like nymphs than gods.

They certainly exist, just haven't been really elevated to the state that the main forms of nature have - more like nymphs than gods.

Hmm, good to know that even the little guys can still be pretty powerful. Hahaha. I had my heart set on the god of Wildfires anyway. Chaotic and misunderstood. How tragic. T.T

Hmm, good to know that even the little guys can still be pretty powerful. Hahaha. I had my heart set on the god of Wildfires anyway. Chaotic and misunderstood. How tragic. T.T
I'm glad you're interested!

I'm certainly interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.