Prehistoric Tales

Status
Not open for further replies.
@CynderTheDragoness
Tiyrac sleep for at least three hours before he started to wake up again. He moved his big head to look at Tara and smiled very faintly. He tried to stood up but his leg hurt more now that it was more swollen and hot. The blood was dry over his wound but what hurt more was the broken bone. The remains of the carcasses were still there and even when it wasn't much, that could attract other carnivores.

Hearing Tiyrac stir, Tara lifted her head. She sensed the male was in some sort of discomfort. Awkwardly and slowly, the female Tyranosaurous-Rex rose to her feet. She nudged Tiyrac's wounded leg with her snout. The bone in the leg felt out of place. Stepping on it would force it back and it will heal mostly properly. And that's exactly what she did.

@CynderTheDragoness
He felt her moving and turning his head, he watched her stand up. He sighed longly and tried to rise once again, but he stumbled back down. Great... He didn't want to seem weak and useless before her after it hurt him like her hunting yesterday to proove her otherwise. Before he could try again, he suddenly felt a harsh and deep pain on his leg, extending all along his body. His home cracked and he snarled in pain before glaring at her for a slip second. He soon understood the reason behind her action and tried to relax again. His leg pulsated as if it was on fire. He lifted his head up and tried to lick the injury but he couldn't reach it with his massive body. "Forgive me... I can't stand up right now. Don't wait for me, its not safe." He would be able lated, in an hour maybe, if he wasn't killed before that. But right now it hurted too much after she placed it back in place.

Tara had stepped back slightly after resetting Tiyrac's leg. As he made an attempt to lick the wound, she stepped forward again. Tara licked the wound for him and went over to thier kills from earlier and drug them closer to him. "This is my test." She rumbled softly. "I must be able to protect my nest and hatchlings."

He soon relaxed feeling her helping him. She didn't have to do this. They barely met and he couldn't protect her like this, nor her territory. He growled softly as she licked his wound, letting his head fall down again to the ground. He looked at her pull the carcass closer but he wasn't hungry, and she would be the one eating to stay strong and healthy. "I'm of no use for you right now. And please, take the meat for you. I'm not hungry."

"You need it to regain your strength." Tara argued. She nudged the carcass towards him. "Eat when you are hungry."

He looked at her with soft eyes, surrendering against her words and taking a bite with his strong jaws, cutting the bone easily with his teeth before swallowing the piece whole. He ate a few more pieces and then stopped, looking up at her quietly. She was going to stay there with him. No matter his words or threats. He wasn't going to allow that. Taking a deep breath, he placed his paws on the ground and starter lifting himself up with a painful groan.

Tara watched him from the corner of her eye. "Try to put as little weight on it as possible or your leg will end up crooked." She said. She saw that it was no use to make him sit still while he healed.

Tiyrac looked at her, stumbling at his first steps before he could stay still enduring the pain in his leg. He panted slightly and tried to do as she said. It was hard as they used just two legs to walk, and their arms were simply useless. He was also thirsty and he knew there was a body of water near. "You have a lake in your territory, right? Can we go there?"

Tara nodded once in response to his question. "Yes, a small steam marks one boarder buy I do control a corner of a big lake." She said. "The stream is only ag half its normal depth now. The lake is not far, just a little through the trees." Indeed the lake lay three miles away. Between the Tyranosaurs and the lake was two and a half miles of forest snd a half mile of open land.

"Okay, we can go in a bit, but first, I would feel calmer if you eat a bit of the carcass. We can leave the rest behind, but take advantage of it before we have to hunt again. If you wish of course." He didn't want to make her do anything she didn't want to. Tiyrac then started walking after her, trying to apply as less weight on his injured leg as he could.

Tara lowered her head and tore a few strips of meat from the carcass before leadinBuYg Tiyrac through the forest to the lake. "We can go as slow as slow as you need to. It's not far, but rest when you need to."​

Tiyrac nodded at her with a faint smile. "Okay, thank you." He walked after her, slowly, sometimes leaning against a tree for a moment as he panted. It hurt a lot, but he wasn't going to lay done again afraid he wouldn't stand up later.

Tara tried to take him through the smoothest path, but there was always rough ground somewhere. They had ready traveled a mile and a half through the forest. "We are getting close now." Tara told him.

Tiyrac stopped again as he almost fell, panting and feeling his leg bleed. As soon as he gave another step he stumbled and fell over his chest. He growled lowly in frustration and pain. He waited for a couple of minutes and soon tried to stand up again. He was able to keep his balance once more and kept walking. Not caring how much Tara tried to make him rest. He was stubborn and determinated.
@CynderTheDragoness

Tara was patient as Tiyrac slowly made his way behind her. "We are near the edge of the forest. The open meadow is between us and the lake."

Tiyrac glanced at Tara as she spoke, managing to stay just a few feet after her. His leg was swollen for the effort but he knew he was going to be able to rest very soon.

Tara kept her pace slow. Even if he didn't want to, Tara would allow Tiyrac to lean on her for support. They were several yards out of the forest and into the meadow now.

He couldn't help it, he leaned against her a few times when he stumbled and she was always there close enough to give him support. At least the rough path of the forest was left behind and they were now on steady and plain ground of a meadow. She owned a good size of territory and imagined it was hard to always keep an eye of such a big area.

The grassy plain sloped gently down to the lake, speeding thier progress a little. They were now roughly a hundred yards from the water's edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.